View Full Version : Skipping Manaan
11-16-2005, 09:16 PM
My guess is that if I can't get into the Republic Embassy,
then I can't get to the Star Map on the planet of Manaan.
Would anybody please tell me how to get past this part or
edit the game through KSE so I have the Manaan starmap?
My screen freezes up when it starts playing the movie where
my character walks into the Manaan Republic Embassy. :(
11-17-2005, 08:08 AM
I'd say try updating your 3d card drivers, an if all else fails keep your save game an reintall kotor. Hope you have some luck.
11-17-2005, 09:06 AM
How/When does it freeze up? Please answer these:
1) What happens right before it locks up?
2) How does it freeze? Does it crash to the desktop, or does it simply lock up so you have to Ctrl-Alt-Delete?
3) If you try to change party members, does it say "I am Broken So Very Broken" and crash?
4) As malak said, do you have the latest drivers?
5) If you run Scan Hardware (Found in the loading menu under Configure -> Scan Hardware) do any warnings show up?
6) Is the save game corrupted (i.e. you can't load the most recent save after you go back into the game, it just locks up)?
7) Did you take the CD out, or eject the drive, even by accident?
8) Were you or a party member running a high Stealth at the time? If so, the game checks Roland Wann's Awareness vs. your Stealth.
9) Were you in Solo Mode?
Your answers will give a definite answer on what's wrong, especially #5.
11-19-2005, 02:05 PM
I never had this particular problem but whenever videos and/or cutscenes screw with my game, I reboot. Also try updating your game, graphics card, and drivers.
vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000-2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.