PDA

View Full Version : most DISLIKED unit

RaV™
11-17-2005, 11:23 PM
Just wondering on people's opions and thoughts on their disliked of BF2, so feel free to comment and vote for the most disliked unit in the poll. I dislike the Droideka, because of how weak it is, without it's sheild.

Commander Obi-Wan
11-18-2005, 01:20 AM
Where is the option for those who don't dislike any of the units?

hk47
11-18-2005, 05:11 AM
rocket man because he only has one main weapon which takes about 2 seconds to fire and get close to a target then the target goes away and it takes ages to blow up a tank

zerted
11-18-2005, 06:43 AM
I'd have to say the engineer. Most people try to use him, meaning he must be over powering in some way. Most people should want to use the normal trooper.

Commander Obi-Wan
11-18-2005, 09:52 AM
IF I had to choose i'd have to choose the sniper...since I don't use....wait that doesn't work....well, I'll have to say Droideka, even though I only have used him once. But, I don't really like new controls.

SirLancelot
11-18-2005, 10:30 AM
I really like all the classes. Though, I would like them to maker the sniper more of a sniper in the next game.

Darth Alec
11-18-2005, 12:42 PM
I dislike the new sniper, they just dont have the touch, or the accuracy if under close attack. :)

PoiuyWired
11-18-2005, 01:07 PM
Add a sticker on your monitor and snipers are pretty good. I am annoyed by the heavy trooper though. In BF1 they have an upgraded pistol so they can actually do damage up close. Now their rockets are downgraded against Troops, load time increased, and still take ages to down a vehicle(not fast with sweet spot either)

At least give them either a better pistol or better rocket AoE, or make them load faster

Redtech
11-18-2005, 01:25 PM
Sniper ain't that bad. Check out the size of her ass! 3rd person view forever, methinks.

With so few vehicle/dominated levels, what's the point of the rocket guy? Especially when my teammates are so efficient with grenades.

TK-8252
11-18-2005, 04:33 PM
In BF1 they have an upgraded pistol so they can actually do damage up close.

No they don't...

Anyway, I voted Jedi. You all know the drill.

SirLancelot
11-18-2005, 04:51 PM
I have no real problem with the sniper not being able to do damage up close with his rifle. That's what they have the pistol for. I want the rifle to be a one shot one kill weapon when hitting certain areas of the body(though people would probably scream (OVERPOWERED). Right now, it isn't. The zooming is great, though.

Micahc
11-18-2005, 04:57 PM
Magna Guard

ScoutTrooper95
11-18-2005, 05:13 PM
Im going to have to say commander. The only one I like is the clone commander. I still havent tired the new Droideka.

Rogue74
11-18-2005, 08:18 PM
The blaster pistols in BF1 were great secondary weapons, especially if you were a shocktrooper or sniper. Now they usually overheat before you can defeat someone good who is armed with a blaster rifle.

Engineer is probably my least favorite.

Commander Obi-Wan
11-18-2005, 08:26 PM
I like all the units. I use the Heavy trooper quite alot and the engineer. Both are very helpful.

MagnaGuard
11-18-2005, 11:50 PM
2 annoying facts about destroyer droids:

#1. if rolling in long bodies of water as tall its height in a ball, you die in three seconds. (for all versions)
#2. in order to roll, you have to push circle when your used to pushing triangle in Battlefront 1. (this is for PS2)

Oh yes...I choose Droideka has my least favourite.

MachineCult
11-19-2005, 07:20 AM
Theres only three maps with water on them, and theres only enough to kill you in Kashyyyk.

Your second annoying fact is the most petty complaint i've ever heard, it took me a few minutes of playing as the Droideka to get used to it.

zerted
11-19-2005, 07:53 AM
Add a sticker on your monitor and snipers are pretty good...You can get good without the sticker.

hk47
11-19-2005, 07:57 AM
i hate Droidekas 2nd because theer bullets go all over the place this time

Commander Obi-Wan
11-19-2005, 12:01 PM
Theres only three maps with water on them, and theres only enough to kill you in Kashyyyk.

Your second annoying fact is the most petty complaint i've ever heard, it took me a few minutes of playing as the Droideka to get used to it.

Same here.....early this morning like 2:00am, I was playing as CIS vs Republic in IA, and I used droideka for like the first time (used it like once in Mygeeto and was destroyed as soon has I deployed for the ball), anyway I used the Droideka and I was used to it quite soon. Plus, you can change the controls for moving your unit.

THX1138_Scorpio
11-19-2005, 05:07 PM
Well, I voted dark trooper because I didn't see bothans. And then after I voted I realized that I could have voted for jedi.... I would have voted for jedi definetely. At least you can disable/restrict jedi, but not alot of servers do it. If people saw how much fun the game was WITHOUT jedi/heroes, I think thered be alot more quality servers, but also more nubs complaining "Y rnt jedi on this server??!?!!?!!"
Jedi take no skill, if you want to be a jedi, play Jedi Academy.

MachineCult
11-19-2005, 06:24 PM
No-ones complained about Jedi in the game since it's release, you know why? Because they work great in the game.

Go play SWBF1.

TK-8252
11-19-2005, 06:28 PM
No-ones complained about Jedi in the game since it's release, you know why? Because they work great in the game.

Or maybe because beating a dead horse = bad.

SirLancelot
11-19-2005, 07:30 PM
Jedi are the signature characters of Star Wars and the way they were implemented in this game was well done. I have no problem with them being included.

DarthAve
11-19-2005, 10:24 PM
Commander. Their guns suck, and they're such wannabe heavy troopers.

jawathehutt
11-19-2005, 11:36 PM
bothan spies

HordaK
11-20-2005, 01:57 AM
I play the sniper most, but i dislike the way they made him...

A Sniper rifle should not be a close combat weapon like it is atm, you should not be able to fire without zooming, o.k. the disruptor in the Jedi Knight series is the same, u can use it without zooming in, so u can even use it as a "Pistol"...but thats not a sniper weapon i want...i want a "1 shot + reload" rifle that kills with 1 shot or at least 2 (if i hit the legs)... otherwise i dont get a real sniper feeling if i dont need to zoom to be precise with my rifle, some of u will say now "the sniper will suck then with a 1 shot + reload rifle" and then i will say, "no u just need skill now to be a good sniper", atm its just an "oh i missed but who cares i can waste 5 more "bullets" until i have to reload"-feeling, i hope some "sniper fans" out there know what i mean. I would prefer the Projectile Rifle which u can use in the "movie battles 2 mod" for JA, this is a "1 shot + reload" rifle, which is really deadly in the right hands, and its a weapon that gives a better sniper feeling than the Battlefront SRs give. I really hope that LA will make the Battlefront sniper some day a real Sniper not just a "Blaster Rifle Trooper with 1 more zoom level" like its now.

Some of u will agree with me and others will try to tell me that its a sniper with a modern Sniper Rifle, and i will say then, "maybe it is, but theres no real sniper feeling" and for that feeling i even miss the prone

hk47
11-20-2005, 07:11 AM
i bearly use sniper only to get the auto turret grid and sometimes i get 5 kills without reloading in close combat but i only use it when its needed otherwise i use it for killing from long range

Redtech
11-20-2005, 11:03 AM
Erm, with no targeting cursor, unless zoomed, you should be laughed at if a n00b sniper kills you at close range.

Anyway, sniper rifles are not all bolt-action (of course, that gets into a realism debate).

I know, replace the sniper with the Quake 3 railgun. That way, if you miss, you're never going to be able to live to take the second shot! (4 second cooldown time). Sorted, another class nerfed.

hk47
11-20-2005, 11:48 AM
i like useing it for close range but i normaly use soldier for that.

Bane706
11-21-2005, 04:39 PM
The Worst unit is the Imperial Commander w/ the wimpy geanosian sonic blaster. Even though he's allright with his Launcher that is the only thing to keep him alive until ammo runs out.

Commander Obi-Wan
11-28-2005, 10:56 PM
Agreed. Imperial Commander aren't that great when their ammuntion is out on the Mortar Launcher. I have to say, that the Imperial Commander is disappointment. :( Could have been better.

Redtech
11-29-2005, 05:55 AM
That's a bit like saying the Bothan is rubbish when he reloads his disintegraor in the middle of a fight.

The imperials are meant to suck. ;)

Commander Obi-Wan
11-29-2005, 01:34 PM
I don't mind the Bothan Spy. I personally don't use any of the cammanders except the Clone Commander. But, I am stil am disappointed with the Imperial Officer. Could've been better.

droidekaslayr
11-29-2005, 04:27 PM
i going with commander, the clone is the only good one
btw ne1 who votes for regular soldier should have their game destroyed

biny
11-29-2005, 05:40 PM
I hate Droidekas. They make me wanna shoot something. So I shoot them and then I DIE!!!!
I've never played as them because I don't play as CIS, but I'm sure that they wouldnt be much different from BF1.

PoiuyWired
11-29-2005, 06:26 PM
Erm, with no targeting cursor, unless zoomed, you should be laughed at if a n00b sniper kills you at close range.

Anyway, sniper rifles are not all bolt-action (of course, that gets into a realism debate).

I know, replace the sniper with the Quake 3 railgun. That way, if you miss, you're never going to be able to live to take the second shot! (4 second cooldown time). Sorted, another class nerfed.

Well the sniper rifle is deadly at close range. Headshot is sooo easy.

Targeting Crusor? There is something called "tape a cross on your monitor"

The Eyes
11-29-2005, 07:45 PM
I picked Bothan spy because I never do good with them but they annoy me as the empire, but sniper is a close second because there arent many good sniping spots anymore.

Commander Obi-Wan
11-29-2005, 07:58 PM
Well, it looks like the Droideka is the least favourite unit of most people. Then in second the Jet/Dark trooper and Heavy Trooper, and in third, the sniper.

zerted
11-29-2005, 08:03 PM
...Targeting Crusor? There is something called "tape a cross on your monitor"Ever heard of not cheating?

...sniper is a close second because there arent many good sniping spots anymore.You can get to a few good spots by using the sniper's auto-turret as a stepping stone...

Redtech
11-30-2005, 07:48 AM
Well the sniper rifle is deadly at close range. Headshot is sooo easy.

Targeting Crusor? There is something called "tape a cross on your monitor"
There's also such things as aimbots, and other nasty hacks out there. Why not just make it like the JK one where you need to charge it up to cause max damage?

You do realise that every game in existance with a sniper rifle (bar MDK) have had complaints about the sniper rifle.

THX1138_Scorpio
11-30-2005, 09:38 AM
Theres a reason why snipers in real life are the most distrusted and shunned. Also they have a MUCH higher suicide rate in the military.... thought I'd just add that in for those who like to snipe.

But they are necessary on the Front, no doubt. I do like the idea of having it like the JK series Disruptor Rifle that you charge.

Fate's Decision
11-30-2005, 10:02 AM
To tell you the truth, the droideka is the best unit up against infantry bots. He has a shield and the best ROF, and in this game it's much easier to dodge grenades, you just hit duck and roll forward while holding the dash button. When you're out of range, set back up again and wait for them to come back. You have to be shot once in order for your shields to start going down automatically, so you can keep it on and guard vital areas like flags in 2 flag ctf. Not to mention that it only takes em 5 seconds to charge it back up. They have infinite ammo, can recharge in about 3 seconds when overheated. One time on GC I was playing as the CIS. The Republic had attacked Naboo, the only planet next to their fleet. Last I checked the score it was 50 to 3, us losing. I went and respawned as a destroyer and it was like, 48 to 1 (it was a miracle I was the only guy left). I was getting my butt kicked, they just kept blasting the crap out of me, but somehow, I ended up killing the whole crowd. Then I went around for like, 10 minutes killing all of the rest 1 by 1. It was pretty sweet, since half of them were in those chicken walker things, especially since this was the first time I had ever played as a droideka.

Rebel_Trooper
11-30-2005, 04:40 PM
I'd have to say Sniper because they just don't have the cool feel to them that they have in games like Delta Force and Battlefield.

Then General Vee... Imperial Officer I mean, because he's just so messed up he's a joke. He's not even an Officer (as most people think of them- think Moffs and Admirals and anyone in grey who shouts "Rebel Scum!", not General Veers) for a start and his primary weapon is a GEONOSIAN SONIC PISTOL which completely contradicts the long established Imperial hatred of Aliens. And it sucks. Commando pistol or the Precision Pistol would have been nicer. The Mortar Launcher isn't anything to advertise. Rage isn't all the rage and Recon Droids aren't unique to him.

Then the Jet Trooper. Overpowered in SWBF1? Yes. Now? He's just a free kill much of the time. It's not his weapon, it's his Jetpack, from which he derives his name. 5 seconds of slow flight. What's the point? Giving him 10 or 15 secs flight time isn't going to overpower him. He's weak and has a pretty poor weapon, high target and only 4 of him at once!

Surprisingly, I don't mind the Droideka.

Commander Obi-Wan
11-30-2005, 07:24 PM
I certainly agree wit the idea of the presicion pistol for Imp. officers. Like the Clone Commander has a chaingun. The Magna Guard has the Bulldog, and the Bothan Spy has an Incinerator. And all he has is a pathetic Geonosion Sonic Blaster as his primary weapon....WTF?

zerted
11-30-2005, 07:59 PM
I've been trying out the Sonic Blaster and its not as bad as I first thought. Do you know it can shoot completely accross the map farther then the sniper rifle? The sniper rifle has a long, but limited range. The Sonic Blaster does not have a limited range.

Commander Obi-Wan
11-30-2005, 08:03 PM
I too don't mind the Sonic Blaster that much...just I think the Imperial Offucers should have a better primary weapon.

ParanoidAndroid
11-30-2005, 09:06 PM
Me too, I find it an okay weapon it's just that I don't think it's sonic effect fits the character, it should be a highly damaging accurate laser blast with a low rate of fire, basicly the same thing but with a laser blast instead of a sonic one. That's just a cosmetic change of course, he's still a bit of a lightweight compared to the magna guard or clone commander, then again he is never against the clone commander or magna guard, only the bothan spy.

zerted
11-30-2005, 11:37 PM
...he's still a bit of a lightweight compared to the magna guard or clone commander, then again he is never against the clone commander or magna guard, only the bothan spy.
Thinking about it, the weapon seems ok pairing it with the Bothan Spy. The sonic weapon seems to have the largest radius out of all the weapons. That means less shots to uncover a hidden spy. I still don't think its an effective main weapon though.

JohnLocke
12-04-2005, 01:31 AM
I'd say heavy weapons. Though compared to BF1 it does more damage against vehicles.
But the main problems I have:
No auto lock-on.
Almost no noticeable splash damage against infantry. Almost meaning: remember in BF1 when a rocket would strike the ground, even if the infantry wasn't killed, at least they were thrown back. Now it seems they take damage, but keep moving and acting like they were hit with pistol fire.

2nd to that I'd say snipers. Though they all have two zooms, there's no reticule without zoom. Plus, the reticule seems less accurate than BF1.

DarthMuffin
12-04-2005, 12:37 PM
I voted for commander.

A MagnaGuard without an electrostaff and a cloak is quite simply an aberration that should not exist.

Commander Obi-Wan
12-04-2005, 03:38 PM
I voted for commander.

A MagnaGuard without an electrostaff and a cloak is quite simply an aberration that should not exist.

I agree. Though it makes sense that it doesn't have the electrosraff because the Magna Guard would overpower the rest of the units.

TK-8252
12-04-2005, 03:42 PM
I agree. Though it makes sense that it doesn't have the electrosraff because the Magna Guard would overpower the rest of the units.

No, quite the opposite. All the other units would overpower it. The electrostaff would only be useful for fighting Jedi, and would be pretty much worthless against anyone with blasters, rockets, etc.

DarthMuffin
12-04-2005, 05:00 PM
Of course from the moment they decided to include MagnaGuards they should have known that problems would be spawned. Giving them a blaster was the obvious choice, but that completely mess the unit's relation to the movie. Why they didn't include a cloak is beyond my understanding; they really look stupid without one.

The possible solution I see is to give them both a staff and a blaster of some sorts. I would let them keep the bulldog thingy, scrap the launcher and replace it with a staff. To make them "viable", I'd buff their health a little (kind of like a wookie) and make it so that staves do more damage to Jedi heroes.

zerted
12-04-2005, 05:17 PM
...To make them "viable", I'd buff their health a little (kind of like a wookie) and make it so that staves do more damage to Jedi heroes.
Their armor is already increased to the level of a Wookie. Both take 3-4 sniper shots to go down.

It seems no one dislikes the normal trooper. I can think of one thing I dislike about them: the weapon seems to 'overhead' much faster than SWBF. I may be wrong, but it feels that way to me. The shots also scatter in a wider range from the target.

ParanoidAndroid
12-04-2005, 06:54 PM
I also miss the increased splash damage in rockets from BF1, it made the guy think twice before shooting you from point blank range with a rocket, you would have gotten killed in your own blast. Now although this can still kill you, you have to be alot closer for it to work.

As for the magnaguard, quite frankly I would have preferred an actual droid commander... but seeing how that didn't happen... The staff could be cool if done right. I mean in a world of blasters and ranged weapons you'd have to be an idiot to carry only a melee weapon, unless you have somthing to even the odds (like the force, super stealth, lotsa health, the ability to reflect shots, whatever) So he could have some sort of back up weapon, as well as his commander effects etc. (These are a must, after all they are using him as a commander class) or increase his speed with a good amount of health, so he can survive long enough to get too the enemies. It should also be immune to headshots, it would be cool if shot in the head, his head pops off and he is dealt serious damage, but he isn't killed, like in the movie, or LEGO star wars. He would be an interesting unit to play, his style would be a bit different from other units, but hey, it's unique stuff like this that make games more fun, so long as they arn't over/underpowered It would be cool (and in my opinion preferable to the current setup). Or if that's to complicated they could always go with the normal commander droid (you know the guy with yellow markings, the one currently serving as an engineer...)

Commander Obi-Wan
12-04-2005, 07:11 PM
I also miss the increased splash damage in rockets from BF1, it made the guy think twice before shooting you from point blank range with a rocket, you would have gotten killed in your own blast. Now although this can still kill you, you have to be alot closer for it to work.

I too miss the increased splashed damage. I suppose it was changed to make the AI more stronger since they won't die easily. In SWBF, when I used an AAT it was quite effective.

zerted
12-04-2005, 09:54 PM
I do not miss the splash damage for energy weapons. I do miss the forces from explosive weapons. If you where in range of a gernade, missile, or other explosive weapon it pushed you back or into the air. This no longer effects frendly troops and make the game much less realistic.

JohnLocke
12-05-2005, 12:45 AM
... The shots also scatter in a wider range from the target.
I'm noticing this with a LOT of the troops in BF2. I used be a Jet Trooper quite a bit in BF, I loved the EMP launcher. But if you watch it, especially in zoom level, in BF2 it takes a distinct arc after some distance.
It seems missile or projectile type weapons don't fly perfectly straight, and laser/blaster types scatter with distance.

JohnLocke
12-05-2005, 01:04 AM
Oh yes, one other thing I have to add to my dislike of the heavy weapons class: mines. NO where near as effective as in BF1. It seems you have to walk right on top of them for them to go off. I've placed them around corners, only to have enemy units go running right past them. And, I don't know about this yet, but is that bright red glow seem by ALL? I mean, in BF1 they glowed, but if everyone (I mean enemy units) sees the same bright red glow as when I lay them, then they are completely ineffective, since anyone would see that and just side step around them.

zerted
12-05-2005, 04:09 AM
Oh yes, one other thing I have to add to my dislike of the heavy weapons class: mines. NO where near as effective as in BF1. It seems you have to walk right on top of them for them to go off. I've placed them around corners, only to have enemy units go running right past them. And, I don't know about this yet, but is that bright red glow seem by ALL? I mean, in BF1 they glowed, but if everyone (I mean enemy units) sees the same bright red glow as when I lay them, then they are completely ineffective, since anyone would see that and just side step around them.
Yes, the mines' glow can be seen from everyone. However, most units can't destroy them well. A clone commander, for instance, can only destroy one mine. It can only destroy the mine by using its recon droid to blow it up. It is too easy to trap units with a 3 well placed mines.

HordaK
12-23-2005, 04:14 PM
The mines don't glow if u play as Engineer, because of the engineers special ability which allows u to avoid the detonation, even if u walk directly over the mine

Xtermanator
12-24-2005, 06:57 PM
Okay, did anyone relate some minuses and pluses to units, due to online play? If you have played online, you'd know in BF I, that all Rebel Rocketers have 2 shots per cannon and 10 ammo. In the halls of Bespin Cloud City, let's say it's not the first thing you want to be killed by as soon as you spawn. They reduced splash damage becasue of maximum pwnage from rocket-ho's. Also, they added a limited amount of units because you would literally see only rocket ho's or Recon Droid ho's. If you hate the Engineer in this game, obviously you aren't effective at taking units down right. A simple blaster cannon shot can kill a unit instantly, and if used at good distance, a detpack owns a crowd of enemies. And health and ammo?! I call him the glory unit. If a unit is going to be hated, it's most likely to be the Droideka, Jedi, or the Clone Commander. Otherwise, every other unit is quite manageable, you guys just might need to warm up to them. Play Elite, and get used to it. If you think the mines are useless, try using them at CP #3 on Polis Massa...

deamonomic
12-24-2005, 07:16 PM
i realy hate the heavy trooper now. i dont mind play as them but personaly i think it gets used to much. i mean every single game theres 2-3 ppl on each team using it. putting mines everywhere.

Fate's Decision
12-25-2005, 11:00 AM
Trooper: Super Battle Droids should have more splash damage with missle launcher

Sniper: Not enough good sniping spots, should give units proning again, has terrible close-range combat which keeps them from getting to any good sniping posts

Engineer: Overpowered for a pilot unit

Rocketeer: Mines should be like they were in SBFI

Magnaguard: Needs a cloak and a staff as a secondary weapon, maybe swap main weapons with the Imperial Officer

Clone Commander: no legitimate comlaints found

Imperial Officer: Sonic blaster should have same effect but look more "Imperialistic"

Bothan Spy: Should remain totally invisible until fatigue runs out (or unit switches weapons, dives or starts dashing), should have a backup weapon for the Incinerator

Droideka: no legitimate comlaints found

Jet Trooper: Needs more jetpack fuel and more precise EMP launcher

Dark Trooper: Should be able to keep charging while jumping

Wookie Warrior: no legitimate comlaints found

Give me some input and I'll edit it in.

ParanoidAndroid
12-25-2005, 01:36 PM
I'm going to say, I think the bothan should have some sort of weapon besides the incinerator, yes it's an okay weapon, but he needs somthing else to fall back on, nothing too fancy, maybe just somthing along the lines of a pistol, so he has a slight chance of survivel when out of his element, also as a weapon that doesn't have the potential to incinerate allies in crowded fights.

Maybe some sort of stun pistol? deals minor damage and incapacitates the enemy for a bit, so normal troops can finish him, or you can run up and incinerate the guy. It could be chargeable, so you can increase damage, and stun time, but doing this also increases the recharge rate. Maybe even give the fully charged count an instant kill.

Or is the bothan already good the way he is? I think he's okay, his incinerator is a cool weapon, he just needs somthing to give him a bit more of an edge, thats all.

zerted
12-25-2005, 07:55 PM
...they added a limited amount of units because you would literally see only rocket ho's or Recon Droid ho's. If you hate the Engineer in this game, obviously you aren't effective at taking units down right...The rocket trooper isn't limited. Complete rocket troopers maps are still possoble. I think most people hate the Engineers not because they can't kill units with it, but because its too easy to kill units with it.

I think the sniper is too weak in close combat. Increase the power of its pistol or give it a crosshair on normal view.

Yes, remove the glow from the mines, and make them destroyable from blaster fire.

Giving the Magnaguard a cloak would turn it into a Bothan Spy like unit. The units in SWBF2 don't vary between sides as much as in SWBF and I think they need to.

The Bothan Spy needs a backup weapon. One quick roll from an alert enemy and he is out of the Bothan's range. The incinerator reloading times seems the same as a rocket trooper's. Plenty of time for the enemy to kill the low armored Bothan. A weak pistol or the ablity to shoot at a distance a weak, short burst/jet of fire seems fine for a secondary weapon.

ParanoidAndroid
12-25-2005, 10:39 PM
Yeah, I would rather have the non glowing, more easily destroyable BF1 mines to the glowing BF2 mines, but keep the engineers ability to disarm them with the fusion cutter. Time bombs and Det packs should also be shootable in my opinion, I know you will rarely use this, but there are certain situations, I'm thinking of a time in SWBF1, I was getting into a snowspeeder and some guy planted a time bomb on it, I just jumped out shot the bomb quickly and took off. Sure it's obscure, but it's nice to have the ability.

Also I would also say increase the amount of mines back to four, three just seems like too awkward a number. It might seem a bit overpowering, but I think it would balance out with the ability to shoot mines, any mines just throw without much thought would probably be located and destroyed.

Maybe they could give the engineer class some sort of mine detecting ability? Like mines glow for them only, or they can see them on the mini map, somthing a bit more realistic then mine immunity, to sort of help balance out the engineer class and mines as well.

(actually, I would be for giving mines to the engineer class in exchange for some other items, and giving the Heavies somthing else in return. I just sort of feel they fit the engineer class more then they do the Heavy, but that would require alot more tweaking and balancing, the current layout is probably for the best.)

lordzack
12-26-2005, 01:57 PM
I think the Magnaguard should have an Electrostaff and the Sonic gun, after all they're allied with the Geonosians. The Imp Officer should have the Bulldog and a Commando pistol, or be replaced with an Imperial Guard with an Electrostaff and a Commando pistol.

clonearcman
01-01-2006, 07:55 PM
Sniper ain't that bad. Check out the size of her ass! 3rd person view forever, methinks.

With so few vehicle/dominated levels, what's the point of the rocket guy? Especially when my teammates are so efficient with grenades.

omg redtech.
Instant kills (the rocket guy i mean) and mines.

KenobiChronicle
01-02-2006, 03:44 PM
Droideka for me. I hate those godamn shields.

pcd927
01-03-2006, 07:22 PM
I chose Droideka because their blasters are so inaccurate! They never hit the enemies! And the shield doesn't last long at all. Even if it did, the clone troopers would constanly throw grenades at you and wear down the shield instantly. Plus you walk so slow, but you roll too fast!

Redtech
01-08-2006, 08:45 AM
CloneArcman, always thought rocket guys were supposed to own vehicles, but with most vehicle levels tighter than Victorian London streets then grenades are more dangerous than...anything, besides instakill rockets of course. ;)

Destroyers really suck, most of the late game classes aren't worth it. If you have the skills to get them, then you probably don't need them.

ParanoidAndroid
01-08-2006, 05:31 PM
Yeah, I agree, I hardly ever use any of the late game classes. The only ones I really use are the Wookiee, Magnaguard (rarely) and occasionally the Clone Commander, everyone else I almost never use.

The imperial officer just sucks, the jet trooper and dark trooper I find much to weak to use effectivly, and the droideka is too awkward. The bothan is cool, but I think their arn't enough situations for him to be useful, they do have their moments however. Wookiees, Magnaguards and C.C.'s have uses, but all in all I don't really use them that much.

All in all I think the commanders need somthing else going for them beside the commander effect, I mean it's a cool idea, but how often does it really make a diffrence? I think it would be cool if the effect was permanent. Like the imperial officer would have allies deal bonus damage all the time, he doesn't have to activate it or anything. This would encourage people to crowd around commanders to get the effect, and you wouldn't have to worry about activating it at the right time, it's always there! Plus now enemies have incentives to snipe out that pesky commander early.

It might be kind of weird for the magna guard though... Maybe just get rid of the toxin and give him somthing else? Or maybe it could stay, it might be kind of cool to have a poisonous unit you don't want to get to close to, for fear of poisen. (an interesting idea I had, how about changing the Magnaguards recon droid to one of those crawling Octuptarra droid things, it could crawl around, shoot, but it's main usefulness would be when it was killed it would release a neuro toxin, like the magnaguards current ability. I think it would sort of fit, after all didn't they actually use them for that purpose in the EU? also, although it's not as damaging as an explosion, it doesn't have to wait to detonate, it happens as soon as the droid croaks. Good idea or bad?)

Other ideas for commanders, they could have auto spawning NPC body guards, maybe they could hand out supplies, or designate other units as health or ammo carriers, they could capture command posts twice as fast as normal units, or maybe they are the only unit with the ability to capture CP's. Okay maybe that's a bit drastic, but they do need somthing, not necessarily combat oriented, to make them a bit more useful, after all you want to make them worth unlocking...

... and so ends my rant, most of these ideas probably wouldn't work, either being overpowered or just plain confusing, I'm just trying to come up with ways to improve the commander.

JetTrooper13
01-08-2006, 07:57 PM
I like every unit except for one....the Droideka. They're no fun to fight, and no fun to play as imo.

My reason is simple: Whne the BF team created the Droideka for the game they tried to keep as real to the movie as possible. So they gave it WAY to much firepower. Once they realized this they decided instead of weaking the firepower a little bit they gave it all these handicaps like being hard to control when rolling, taking too long to swith from rolling to standing, and walking WAY too slow. The end result is a balanced, but no fun Droideka.

ParanoidAndroid
01-09-2006, 02:58 PM
I think the speacial classes could stand to be a little bit overpowered, I mean after all now you have to earn them, and theirs a limit of four! Make them worth earning I say.

PoiuyWired
01-09-2006, 04:59 PM
Well, and Imp Commanders is even worse than a standard class!!!

MachineCult
01-09-2006, 05:26 PM
Yeah they are pretty terrible, but I suppose a Commander should just have a pistol or a rifle.

JetTrooper13
01-09-2006, 05:54 PM
I think the speacial classes could stand to be a little bit overpowered, I mean after all now you have to earn them, and theirs a limit of four! Make them worth earning I say.
I agree.

pcd927
01-10-2006, 07:22 PM
Even the Magnaguards are crappy. Their missiles travel so slow, your opponent has plenty of time to get out of the way. And what's that other gun? Some poison launcher or something? That gun sucks, too!

MachineCult
01-11-2006, 08:05 AM
Radiation launcher, the Pilot droid had it on SWBF1.

PoiuyWired
01-11-2006, 03:32 PM
Well, the missiles are acttually workable. First off its common believe that Magna Guard have some kind of missiles, even RC have it. That, and rapid fire ability allows spamming of missiles down a crowded corridor...

Still, Magna guard should have a electro staff or something.

MachineCult
01-11-2006, 04:43 PM
Still, Magna guard should have a electro staff or something.

Agreed completely.

vader815
01-11-2006, 05:15 PM
The jet trooper sucked and his weapon had a worst effect then that of battlefront one. you had to hit the enemy directly. same with the super battle droid's rockets.

Even the Magnaguards are crappy. Their missiles travel so slow, your opponent has plenty of time to get out of the way. And what's that other gun? Some poison launcher or something? That gun sucks, too!

I agree completely

Please edit your posts with new information as opposed to double posting, ahthankyou ~ET

pcd927
01-13-2006, 02:41 PM
Yeah, if the Magnaguard had an electro staff, he would be totally uber!

Redtech
01-13-2006, 02:43 PM
Erm, no he wouldn't, he get owned by everybody and their mother. A slow melee class?

This isn't Soul Calibur y'know. (Astaroth Rules!)

In Republic Commando, Magnaguards were amazingly agile, they jumped fairly high, but could do rapid rolls and samursaults to avoid getting shot at, while the missile launcher was a "spray and prey" multi-missile thing that came out the tips of the staff.

TK-8252
01-13-2006, 04:20 PM
In Republic Commando, Magnaguards were amazingly agile, they jumped fairly high, but could do rapid rolls and samursaults to avoid getting shot at, while the missile launcher was a "spray and prey" multi-missile thing that came out the tips of the staff.

Actually the missiles came out of launchers on the guard's back, but whatever. :p

ParanoidAndroid
01-13-2006, 04:32 PM
Yeah, A magnaguard would be cool with a staff but how effective would it be? If they made him really quick or agile then it might work.

Basicly, a guy with a melee weapon in a setting where almost everyone else has guns is pretty much screwed, unless he has somthing to back him up. Like lots of health, the ability to reflect shots, or being incredibly speedy and agile.

It would be an interesting weapon, maybe as a back up close range weapon instead of the 'launcher. So he can spam rockets from his gun (or back...) and if guys get too close beat 'em down with it's staff.

Commander Obi-Wan
01-13-2006, 04:48 PM
If the MagnaGuard were to be made with an electrostaff the chances are that it would be either extremely quick or have a ton of health and probably another "shooter" type weapon to back him up. Or he could be just a unit to fight the Jedi.

vader815
01-13-2006, 09:23 PM
If the MagnaGuard were to be made with an electrostaff the chances are that it would be either extremely quick or have a ton of health and probably another "shooter" type weapon to back him up. Or he could be just a unit to fight the Jedi.

That was what I was hoping was in the game. Man was I mad when I saw him with a gun.

JediConsularAD
01-14-2006, 01:12 PM
i said droideka, i hate playing as them and i hate fighting agaisnt em. A jedi goes down faster than a destroyer with its shield on, and if you are playing online u are shot before u can open up and use the shield anyway.

JEDIACE
09-13-2008, 12:13 PM
:confused:I have read forums, contacted support and read YODA FAQs with no results. Perhaps some nice person ( ok,:xp: could be a bad person) could clue me.

Bokken
09-13-2008, 12:26 PM
Depends on what your controls are. In-game, go into options, then to controls. Select Vehicle. Somewhere on the list you'll see "Droideka Deploy." That's the key used.

JEDIACE
09-14-2008, 03:42 PM
Thanks! ! really appreciate your response. Checked Vehical and Infantry controls in Battlefront 1 and found nothing for Droideka. So, I just began hitting every key on the keyboard and finally hit "E" and IT ROLLED!! The fact that you responded made my day. Thanks again. Andy

JEDIACE
09-14-2008, 04:02 PM
:confused:I have read forums, contacted support and read YODA FAQs with no results. Perhaps some nice person ( ok,:xp: could be a bad person) could clue me. Just hit the "E" key. There is nothing in the manual and no Droideka control entry in either Vehical or Infantry "Control" options in Battlefront 1.

Great Scott!
09-14-2008, 04:11 PM
Whoa, talk about necrobump.

Bokken
09-15-2008, 05:01 PM
*shrug* Without necromancy, these forums would probably die.

Great Scott!
09-15-2008, 05:30 PM
*shrug* Without necromancy, these forums would probably die.Good point. :lol:

Feagildin
09-18-2008, 06:59 PM
Droideka. The unit just feels odd to me, so its what I dislike the most.

GwannaSauna
11-06-2008, 02:26 AM
The Gungan from Hunt on Naboo: Theed

Redtech
11-07-2008, 03:16 PM
Now here's a board I haven't been to for a while...

I don't really like any unit with shotgun-style weapon. Mainly because shotguns are just...awful!

LordOfTheFish
11-07-2008, 03:30 PM
Come on, engineers are awesome! :xp:

I can't stand the commander :dozey:

lightfoot1990
07-07-2009, 02:31 AM
Is there any sweet spots on the Droidekas shield?? it takes forever to disarm them and their firepower sure swipes out a whole crew of clones...

BagelNinjaFail
03-16-2011, 02:34 PM
I only hate Bothan Spies because they get in the way. I'm one shot away from killing Princess Leia, and the headshot takes out a Bothan Spy. By then, I'm dead, and being teabagged by a female. DX

joesdomain
08-07-2011, 10:25 AM
Engineet is worst! You either good at it or not! The weapon is wierd. I al ways play has rebel trooper when I am rebels or stormtrooper or darktrooper when I am empire.

duster
09-14-2012, 01:59 PM
Droideka.I had it of geting rained by grenades.That way my alyes nearby are taken out aswell.That's why i play the droid sniper often but i hate the award sniper.Empire play i would say imperial officer.Has a nice sonic blaster.Rebels-rebel sniper and rebel soldier.Has a nice gun.And i like the rebel pistols.