PDA

View Full Version : New X-Wing Series

Skinkie
11-19-2005, 01:35 AM
Has anyone been reading these? I love the old series, and I saw one of these at a book store today. Almost picked it up, but figured I'd just be happier waiting for the TPB. And I thought I should ask if it's anywhere near as good as the old series, and if I am correct in understanding these take place before the other ones, so I'm still not getting the Baron Fel capture story arc I've been waiting for.

benTantilles
11-27-2005, 06:35 AM
yes, they're taking place before the other ones. They're meant to be a introduction into the Rogue Squadron series, since The Rebel Opposition didn't really serve as a good first arc for the series.

I hear that this new mini-series is only mediocre, though. Pity. I was looking forward to a new X-wing series and with Haden Blackman at the helm, i was hoping for the best. I doubt we'll be seeing any more x-wing comics in the future.

swphreak
11-27-2005, 12:07 PM
I heard about it, but I'll be waiting til the TPB comes out. I hate buying comics in parts.

Skinkie
11-29-2005, 09:24 PM
That's pretty depressing, I was really looking forward to it being awesome. I'll get it anyway just to be sure, but still, my enthusiasm is slightly lower.

benTantilles
11-30-2005, 02:57 AM
it is indeed disappointing. i've only read the first few pages of the first issue- the introductory parts, with ten nunb in his B-wing charged with fire control and Janson & Tycho on patrol- and it got my hopes up. pity people claim the rest of the arc isn't too fantastic.

Prime
11-30-2005, 12:01 PM
Yeah, I decided to pass on this one...

Skinkie
12-03-2005, 01:47 AM
I read the pages they had up on the darkhorse site, but it didn't really show any story, I just got that it was pretty.