PDA

View Full Version : Twice Exiled, Twice Redeemed

Pages : [1] 2

Tysyacha
11-19-2005, 10:42 PM
Two Years after the Finale of Knights of the Old Republic I

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

The JEDI KNIGHTS have failed their greatest mission to date:
trying to turn the Dark Lord REVAN back to the side of the Light.
Having reclaimed the mantle of Lord of the Sith, REVAN has begun
sending his starfleets to destroy the Republic once again. Hungry
for revenge against the Jedi Masters who manipulated him, the
Dark Lord commissions his spies to seek those who would aid him.

Meanwhile, the fate of a fledgling Knight-in-Training is being sealed.
Young YERY, strong in the Force but weak with a lightsaber,
longs to become a member of the Jedi Order. Five Masters
face the choice of whether or not to induct her, but only
one knows how high the stakes are for both himself and Yery...

"The Council will now come to order," announced Master Vandar.
He cleared his throat and began roll call. "Master Vrook?"

"Here," replied the staunch Jedi, his face hard and matter-of-fact.

Master Vandar nodded his head. "Master Dorak?" he asked.

"Here," said the Council's historian, raising his hand and smiling.

"I am, of course, here," Vandar told the group. "What of Kavar?
Is he present?" Seeing the Consular emerge from behind a pillar
in the Jedi Enclave, Master Vandar looked relieved. "Glad am I."

"I am here," said Kavar, "and ready to assist the Council."

"Good, good." Vandar's last glance was directed toward a cloaked
figure. His eyes were covered, but his lips formed a firm line. It
seemed as if Vandar did not quite trust this one, but perhaps that
was because the mysterious fifth member of the Jedi Council had
more power than the others. Only Vandar himself was superior.

"Now," said Vandar, not stopping to see if the figure would respond.
"We are here to decide if Yery, who has finished her training, is
worthy to join our great Order. What say you first, Master Vrook?"

"Nay," Vrook said. "That's my vote. Yery is very weak in her combat
skills, and we cannot have a Jedi who is the least bit careless with
his or her lightsaber. It's not that Yery means to be so, but in battle,
her stances and attacks are far from adequate. She should not join us."

Yery sighed, as if expecting this from Vrook, but her eyes were sad.

"I unfortunately second Vrook's recommendation," Dorak said.
"I fear for Yery's safety, and should anyone have to protect her, I
hope that two lives will not be lost instead of one. We need the
best of the best to stop Darth Revan, because he IS the best."

"I concur," replied Vandar, struggling with his own anger. Revan!
"How do you answer, Master Kavar, being a Consular yourself?"

"I welcome Yery," he said, "even as I see how she struggles in battle.
She is strong in the Force, and nothing is more powerful than that
which gives us life. There is no death because of the Force, yet Yery
would do everything in her power to make sure that wouldn't happen
to anyone. Her allies would be in good hands, knowing that Yery can heal."

"Agreed," replied Master Vandar. "Yery, there are two of us who
would induct you, and two who would not. Do you have anything
to say on your own behalf, before I ask the final Master for his vote?"

Yery took a deep breath. "Yes," she said. "I would be a coward if
I did not. I know I am not the best when it comes to combat, be
it lightsaber dueling or blaster fire. However, the Force does flow
through me, and I would like to use it to protect and aid the Jedi.
The Sith must be stopped, especially with Lord Revan at their head.
I'd die if I weren't allowed to assist you, being sent to menial labor
on Telos!" Her face grew hot. One more mark against me...!

"Come." Master Vandar turned to the cloaked figure. "It is your
time to vote, and your decision. Shall Yery join us or not, Master?"

Vladimir-Vlada
11-19-2005, 11:34 PM
((He He He! This is going to be good))

"Well, what are you waiting for?" asked Master Vrook, now a bit impatient, since the last Jedi Master was thinking for too long "Revan isn't going to wait for your decission."
The last of the Jedi Masters in the Council a person named Kyle Soran. Kyle Soran was known to be the last of the decendants of the rival family of the Organas, called Urgiya. The Urgiya were mostly a family whose interests were based on agriculture. And while their power raised, their interests widened, and soon they wanted to start into politics. They formed an alliance with a powerful political family: The Organas. But alas, as time passed their interests became different, and soon the entire family was killed by Selven, an experinced bounty hunter. The answer to why they didn't get along, is only known by Kyle who didn't like to talk to most people about it. Kyle was a tall and handsome man; he had short moustache and short hair mostly brown but a bit redish also. He had bright green eyes. Kyle rose from his chair, Yera watched him as he got up and looked around, eyeing the patient Jedi Masters who were still expecting his answer. He cleared his throat and began: "Light sabre fighting may be her weak side, but if we look at the fact that she probably can be useful even with the Force." Kyle showed to Yery who was still afraid of what might happen. "You will see that she can become a useful General and a strong ally." Yery now knew that he will say what he believes in and that the moment of reckoning has come. "So I welcome Yery into the Jedi Order." Yery couldn't believe what she was hearing, she didn't know whether to faint or to cheer. Suddenly, Dorak began: "And what will we do if she dies at the hand of a random Sith Apprentice? We cannot afford to lose even more Padawans just because we're careless."
"I understand your concern, Master Dorak." said Kyle, "So in order to prevent this, I have decieded to help Yery in practising her fighting with a light sabre."
"You do realise that this is a very radical decision, Padawan." frowned Vrook, not very convinced into Kyle's abilites "If she fails, then it will be your own fault. Are you ready to take that responsobility?"
"Yes I am." nodded Kyle. "And I would like to begin right away."
"Your wish has been granted Master Soran." said Vandar.
Kyle took Yery to the training room to help her enchance her abilites.

Tysyacha
11-20-2005, 12:57 AM
In the training room, Yery experienced an epiphany, a revelation of sorts.
So far in the course of her combat studies, she had only encountered
orders to swing harder, block faster, and aim more sharply. Never had
she encountered teaching such as Kyle's, which built on her strengths
rather than her weaknesses. Kyle seemed to know what they all were.

"So you're not that fast, eh? Try a Critical Strike instead of a Flurry
or Power Attack. Criticals take more time to execute, and should the
enemy strike first, your Energy Shield should buy you enough time to
counterattack. Use the Force, and you'll never go wrong with that."

Yery smiled and did as Kyle said. How encouraging, how wonderful!

After an hour or so of sparring, Kyle and Yery emerged triumphant.

"Greetings, Padawan," said Master Vandar, looking proud. "Seems it
to me that you have learned much from Master Soran. I know that
very eager you are to begin your true course of study as a Jedi Knight.
Tell me: what will you do to help us defeat the Sith and Lord Revan?"

"I'll go after Revan on the Outer Rim," Yery said confidently, "and,
hopefully, our fighters piloted by the finest men will be right behind."

Master Vrook was not pleased with this overheard response.

"And I should promote you to Jedi Master immediately!" He scowled.
"Seriously, with that attitude, you'll be one of the Sith in no time.
Arrogance and pride are emotions that both lead to the Dark Side.
Hasn't Master Vandar warned you about that?" His brow furrowed.

Yery sighed deep in her chest, and her gaze turned cold.

"Since you think I'm so weak with a lightsaber, perhaps we should fight
a duel. If I win, then you'll apologize to me for showing these same attitudes."

"And if you lose, you'll scrub the floor of the Masters' barracks." Vrook stood firm.

"Deal!" A skittish droid handed Yery a single-bladed saber, and the duel began.

Vrook parried. He blocked. He feinted, luring Yery into sparring traps that
the young Padawan knew she should have avoided. Shame reddened her
face, and when the duel was done, a triumphant Vrook stood at attention.

"That was a fine effort, Padawan," he told her, "but not enough to win."

Yery bowed her head meekly. "Where is the Masters' barracks?" she
asked. "I know that Darth Revan and his Sith fleet will stop at nothing
to conquer us, but first I must conquer my pride and my passion."

steven
11-20-2005, 06:46 AM
How do I get myself in these messes? The smuggler Zarlak Ulgo asked himself. He was currently stuck in a prison cell of the Republic Cruiser. He had been caught tring to smuggle barrels of spice to a hutt space station. I should really give up smuggling. I'm 30 in several years. I should take my agents advice to find someone to settle down with. But nooo, i've got to carry on. Settling down would be too boring. I should of thought of prison before I made that deal with the hutt. Zarlak looked at a rodian who was starring at him. "What are you staring at bug-face?" The rodian shook it's head and looked away from him.
Zarlak stood up and walked to the Forcefeild "Hey gaurd! How much prison time will I get?"
"Well it is your first offence but we did find alot of spice. I'm guessing somewhere between 5 months and a year."
"Of crap." Zarlak sat down and but his hands on head and knelt foward Somebody help me please

Writer
11-21-2005, 02:13 AM
When Yery was led into the Masters' barracks, she found that she would not be alone in cleaning. Another girl, no older than sixteen was already there. Her curly red hair fell to her shoulders, but was pulled back into a pony tail. Her eyes were green. As Yery approached, the girl glanced up.

"What're you being punished for?" she murmured.

stingerhs
11-21-2005, 02:41 AM
((hmm, never tried this style of RP'ing before. never too late for this sort of thing...))

Hindalia turned his gaze towards the Force Field and once more caught a glimpse of the two Republic soldiers that were constantly guarding his cell. Of course, they weren't the only ones guarding it: Hindalia could sense the presence of two Jedi in a nearby room. Hindalia cringed slightly in his anger which rippled the large scar that was lying diagonally across his right cheekbone. The hatred was swelling within him, but still he just sat still in his cell, waiting for the moment to arrive.

Hindalia breathed in deep and closed his eyes to concentrate as the moment approached. Images began to flash in his brain. They were memories, both distant and near; faded and stunningly fresh; calm and violent; gentle and ruthless; reassuring and painful; loving and outrageous. Then, Hindalia exhaled slowly, releasing all but one image from his mind. A face that had been distant was now very real in his mind's eye and his hatred swelled anew.

Hindalia could feel the moment drawing closer as the two guards were replaced by a single guard for the night watch. Then, it arrived. Focusing his hatred, Hindalia reached out with the Force and strangled the fresh guard's lungs and heart. Hindalia could feel the heart instantly begin to beat faster in terror as if it could sense its master's imminent doom, and Hindalia relished in the fear. Then, with one swift strike through the Force, Hindalia crushed the guard and pulled him into the Force Field of his cell.

The two guards were just beginning to press the master switch on the control panel when they heard the dying gasps of the other guard. Not entirely believing what they were seeing, they didn't react until the body of the guard was crumpled against the Force Field. By instinct, the two men unholstered their blaster pistols and switched off the safeties. Hindalia instantly felt the blasters activating and moved his focus towards the two remaining guards.

Hindalia used the Force to grab the guard next to the control panel and fling him against it. The control panel buckled slightly under the blow, but the guard was crushed. Out of fear, the other guard panicked and fired his blaster at the control panel, causing the control panel to overload.

Hindalia opened his eyes as the control panel overload caused all of the cells to open. Hindalia then got up and walked through the opening, facing the the panicking guard. The guard instantly turned and began to fire his blaster at Hindalia.

Vladimir-Vlada
11-21-2005, 11:53 AM
"He did what?!" yelled Kyle in the hallways of the Jedi Temple, most of the Padawans just ignored him; while other grined, thinking of how ruthless he is.
"I am sorry master." said a young woman with dark eyes and short blond hair, who was shorter than Kyle and was a Padawan. "He had to use those disciplinary measures in order to calm her down."
"Excuse me?" asked Kyle sarcastically "Disciplinary measures? The worst thing she could possibly do is make A3 trip and collapse."
"But she challenged Master Vrook to fight in a duel." she began defending Vrook, like she was his Padawan.
"So would you challenge him if he behaved towards you like that all of the time." Kyle pointed out, knowing that that was true. "I apologise for yelling at you. Master Vrook deserved that." he sighed.
"You didn't even raise your voice at me, it is fine." nodded the Padawan.
"Where is Master Vrook by the way?" he asked, the light was reflecting from his silver armour which he wore since his Knighthood.
"He is busy, consulting with the senator of Telos."
"Good. I am going to make him see what are the prices of his pompousness." he grined. "Thank you for your time."
Kyle turned around and marched quickly up the stairs, angry with Vrook. In Kyle's thoughts Vrook has gone too far this time. It wasn't enough that Vrook humiliated her, he even punished her. Wait until I get my hands on him raged Soran in himself. He turned left after the long hallway and barrged into the office, uninvited. Vrook and the senator, a beautiful young woman turned to him, surprised. Vrook frowned and said to the woman:
"Excuse me for a moment." he then turned to Kyle. "Yes what do you want?"
"Would you mind explaining what is going on?" asked Kyle politely.
"No I wouldn't." said Vrook. "I'll explain: You have interuppted this meeting without premission and are disturbing lady Arillen." yelled Vrook.
"It is all right." said the beautiful woman. "We can continue this later."
"If you would ecuse me while I see what this...Infantile person."
We'll see about that. thought Kyle, crossing his hands. The woman got up and continued thorugh the small room; she paused to see Kyle for a moment, and then she left slowly; with her long white hair to follow her as the wind. The door shut behind her and Vrook and Kyle were left in there.
"So, why are you here?" asked Vrook.
"What's the big idea of putting Yery in the Master's barracks?" asked Kyle as calmly as possible "What did she ever do to you?"
"She behaved like an arrogant brat!" yelled Vrook "She even challenged me."
"If anyone challenged you." began Kyle "Then that is surely the greatest moment in the recent history of the Jedi Order."
"She now serves the punishement." said Vrook "And stop it before you get another one." Before Kyle could continue, Vrook continued: "You have recieved orders to go to Illum." handed out Vrook a data pad. "All the details are there."
Kyle took inserted the data pad into his pocket and started to walk out.
"Oh and one other thing." began Vrook, Kyle frowned and turned around "Since you convinced me that she might show promise. I have decieded that you go with her."
Oh no thought Kyle widening his eyes: "But she is too young."
"And you are as well." said Vrook "So this will be your test to see if you can make sure that she survives."
"Illum is the main supply planet for the Sith effort in the Outer Rim." began Kyle a little frightened "She won't survive for 5 minutes there."
"Neither are you, so that's why I'm sending you both." said Vrook "And also to flat out some old cases."
What have I done? thought Kyle and he felt guilty for now dragging her into the conflict between him and Vrook. Vrook got up:
"Come, let me take you there." said Vrook. Kyle followed him out and continued behing him. If she doesn't make it. I'll never forgive myself.
Meanwhile in the Master's Barracks, Yery met another girl who was punished.
"So..." began the redhead girl "Why are you here?"
"I had a bet with Vrook." began Yery "I lost in the battle."
"Well he is like that." began the red head girl "He doesn't like to lose."
Just then Vrook and Kyle entered the barracks. The only ones in the room were Yery and the redhead girl, since others have left for the mess hall. Kyle stood behind Vrook, guilty of what he may have caused. Vrook began:
"Yery." Yery stepped forward "You are going with Master Soran on a mission to Illum, instead of staying here.
"Really?" cheered Yery "Oh, thank you master Vrook. I can't thank you enough." Kyle only closed his eyes for a moment, to see such a child chher for something that could be her death was not comforting to him at all. Vrook, Kyle and Yery started to exit...
"I wish to go also."
Kyle closed his eyes, wishing that he hadn't heard those words which he just did. They turned around and Vrook asked surprised:
"Really? Are you sure that you wish to take on a mission?"
"Yes." said the redhead girl, to Kyle's fears "I want to prove myself and stop being so passive."
Kyle looked at Vrook and Vrook also looked at him. Even though that lasted a second, Vrook knew that Kyle was begging Vrook not to allow her to follow.
"Yes." said Vrook, looking at Kyle "You can come also." turned Vrook to her "Master Soran will protect you."
Kyle shook inside himself, the mere thought of leading a young Padawan like Yery to almost certain death was deadly for him. But TWO?! was suffering for Kyle. The girls cheered, not knowing what awaits them.
"Go to Dock 75." said Vrook "You have a ship waiting for you there."
"My first mission." said the redhead girl "I don't believe it."
"Neither do I." said Yery, exiting together with her. "Neither do I."
They exited and Kyle began to leave the room. Before he left, he looked at Vrook seriously. Rage, disappointment, despair, all of these things were in Kyle's eyes; but Vrook just sighed, looking at Kyle seriously as well. Kyle turned and exited the room, leaving the conversation thoughtful like Vrook... "He did what?!" yelled Kyle in the hallways of the Jedi Temple, most of the Padawans just ignored him; while other grined, thinking of how ruthless he is.
"I am sorry master." said a young woman with dark eyes and short blond hair, who was shorter than Kyle and was a Padawan. "He had to use those disciplinary measures in order to calm her down."
"Excuse me?" asked Kyle sarcastically "Disciplinary measures? The worst thing she could possibly do is make A3 trip and collapse."
"But she challenged Master Vrook to fight in a duel." she began defending Vrook, like she was his Padawan.
"So would you challenge him if he behaved towards you like that all of the time." Kyle pointed out, knowing that that was true. "I apologise for yelling at you. Master Vrook deserved that." he sighed.
"You didn't even raise your voice at me, it is fine." nodded the Padawan.
"Where is Master Vrook by the way?" he asked, the light was reflecting from his silver armour which he wore since his Knighthood.
"He is busy, consulting with the senator of Telos."
"Good. I am going to make him see what are the prices of his pompousness." he grined. "Thank you for your time."
Kyle turned around and marched quickly up the stairs, angry with Vrook. In Kyle's thoughts Vrook has gone too far this time. It wasn't enough that Vrook humiliated her, he even punished her. Wait until I get my hands on him raged Soran in himself. He turned left after the long hallway and barrged into the office, uninvited. Vrook and the senator, a beautiful young woman turned to him, surprised. Vrook frowned and said to the woman:
"Excuse me for a moment." he then turned to Kyle. "Yes what do you want?"
"Would you mind explaining what is going on?" asked Kyle politely.
"No I wouldn't." said Vrook. "I'll explain: You have interuppted this meeting without premission and are disturbing lady Arillen." yelled Vrook.
"It is all right." said the beautiful woman. "We can continue this later."
"If you would ecuse me while I see what this...Infantile person."
We'll see about that. thought Kyle, crossing his hands. The woman got up and continued thorugh the small room; she paused to see Kyle for a moment, and then she left slowly; with her long white hair to follow her as the wind. The door shut behind her and Vrook and Kyle were left in there.
"So, why are you here?" asked Vrook.
"What's the big idea of putting Yery in the Master's barracks?" asked Kyle as calmly as possible "What did she ever do to you?"
"She behaved like an arrogant brat!" yelled Vrook "She even challenged me."
"If anyone challenged you." began Kyle "Then that is surely the greatest moment in the recent history of the Jedi Order."
"She now serves the punishement." said Vrook "And stop it before you get another one." Before Kyle could continue, Vrook continued: "You have recieved orders to go to Illum." handed out Vrook a data pad. "All the details are there."
Kyle took inserted the data pad into his pocket and started to walk out.
"Oh and one other thing." began Vrook, Kyle frowned and turned around "Since you convinced me that she might show promise. I have decieded that you go with her."
Oh no thought Kyle widening his eyes: "But she is too young."
"And you are as well." said Vrook "So this will be your test to see if you can make sure that she survives."
"Illum is the main supply planet for the Sith effort in the Outer Rim." began Kyle a little frightened "She won't survive for 5 minutes there."
"Neither are you, so that's why I'm sending you both." said Vrook "And also to flat out some old cases."
What have I done? thought Kyle and he felt guilty for now dragging her into the conflict between him and Vrook. Vrook got up:
"Come, let me take you there." said Vrook. Kyle followed him out and continued behing him. If she doesn't make it. I'll never forgive myself.
Meanwhile in the Master's Barracks, the two girls became a bit friendly.
"So..." began the red head girl "Why are you here."
"I lost." began Yery "Vrook defeated me in a fight."
"Well." said the red head girl "He can get a bit uptight when it comes to those things."
Just then, Kyle and Vrook entered the Barracks. No one was in there except them, since all of the other Padawans have gone to the mess hall. Kyle remained in the back, guilty of what he might have caused. Leading someone to almost certain death is not really comforting.
"Yery." began Vrook, Yery stepped forward "I have decieded to give you a chance. Since you were quite a challenge, you will go with Master Soran on a mission."
"Really?" cheered Yery, not knowing what awaits her "Oh, thank you, Master. You wouldn't believe how thankful I am to you."
Kyle closed his eyes in horror of the guilt that he will suffer for the rest of his life if he fails. Vrook, Kyle and Yery started to exit the room.
"I wish to go too."
Kyle closed his eyes and shook inside himself. He wished he hadn't heard that. They turned around and Vrook asked:
"Really? Are you sure that that is what you want?"
"Yes." began the red head girl "I want to prove myself. I want to be useful."
Kyle looked at Vrook, and Vrook looked at him back. Even though that lasted for a second, Kyle was begging Vrook not to allow her to follow him. The fact that he was taking Yery, a young Padawan, to one of the worst possible places in the galaxy was deadly for Kyle. But TWO was suffering to Kyle.
"Yes." said Vrook, looking at Kyle "You can go." he turned to her.
The girls cheered with joy like a girl that gets her favourite doll for her birthday. Kyle closed his eyes again for a second in sadness of what awaits.
"Go to Dock 75." said Vrook "There you have a ship that you can pilot to Illum."
"I can't believe that we're going on our first mission." said the red head girl.
"Neither do I." said Yery, exiting with the girl "Neither do I."
They exited. Kyle began to exit, but he stopped, turned around and looked at Vrook seriously. Rage, disappointment, despair, all of these things were in Kyle's eyes; Vrook returned the look seriously. They remained silenced for several seconds. Kyle turned around and walked out, leaving the conversation, thoughtful as Vrook...

For they both knew that Illum wasn't a problem because of the Sith soldiers. But for a much bigger reason to it... For on Illum, at this time, Revan was there. To unlock the secrets of the Jedi... And to hunt all who opose the Sith...

((Is Revan a male or a female?))

steven
11-21-2005, 12:33 PM
Zarlak watched in amasement(sp) as he watched Hindalia used his force powers to open the forcefield. My lucky day. Looks like I'm getting out of here after all. Zarlak watched as the rodian ran out by he soon hit the floor after receving a laser bolt to the head. Zarlak knelt down and leaned against the wall. He edged closer to corner. He waited several seconds and Zarlak darted out to a cell on the other side witch is one down from the cell ditrectly infront of him. As he was half way soliders opened fire on him, all missed. Zarlak rolled into the cell and looked to the left where another rodian was inprisoned. '<What are you doing>'
"Shut up!" Zarlak grapped the alien and pushed him outside. While the gaurds concintrated fire on him, Zarlak snuck out behind him into the cell infront of the opposite cell. He looked tothe side and shouted to Hindalia "Quick! Grap the gaurd gun and give me the other one!"

Writer
11-21-2005, 02:26 PM
((Easy on the char control, Vlad. Let other people decide how their characters react to certain situations. Don't be so eager to move the story along that you refuse to let others do what they want with their characters. For one example, while it is my character's first mission, she wouldn't let her emotion show so much... she'd keep it hidden. So let me decide what she'd do and don't post so much :) ))

jokemaster
11-21-2005, 04:19 PM
Vrook was walking back to the meeting when he was interrupted by another master.

"What do you want, Master Kelso?"

"Well, gee, Vrook. I was just wondering........did you finally turn to the dark side, or was there just something wrong with your drink this morning? Or maybe you just felt bad about being you and decided to get someone else killed today."

"Get to the point."

"Why, exactly, have you sent a perfectly good master and a perfectly good new padawan off to their deaths?"

"I didn't send them off to their deaths Master Kelso, I just sent them on a mission."

"Oh, I'm sorry, is there a difference between sending two people to a planet full of sith and sending them to their deaths that I have not yet heard of?"

"Three people, actually. And they needed to be disciplined." Vrook smiled. "Perhaps you do too. You should go with them."

"Oh I would, but there are more important things I need to do, such as finally get all that dirt and blood out from under my fingernails. "

"That wasn't a suggestion. It's an order. Report to Dock 75 to the others. I'll send word that you're coming. Master Soran will be in charge of Yery. You will be in charge of the other girl."

Kelso sighed and walked off to Dock 75. The others were already there. He whistled shrilly, getting the attention.

"Listen up. I'm Master Kelso, and Master Vrook, in his neverending quest to make my life miserable, has decided to send me along with you. Don't bother me too much and we'll get along fine. Now.......who are you two?" He asked the two girls.

Tysyacha
11-21-2005, 04:21 PM
((Vlad, what you did with my character is OK for now. :) As for Revan, he is
a Dark Side-aligned male, and on Dock 75, I'm going to have Yery engage
in a little conversation with B3-D3, a predecessor of B4-D4. This story
happened, after all, before KOTOR II but after KOTOR I, so the Czerka
Corp hasn't yet bought control over all of these sophisticated droids.))

"Greetings," announced a cheerful mechanical voice once Kyle, Yery, and
the red-haired girl had reached Dock 75. "I am B3-D3, a guard and protocol
droid assigned to Dock 75. Do you have any questions regarding your mission?"

"Yes, quite a few," replied Yery, thankful that the droid was there. "I hear
we're going to Illum. Does this mean we're headed into the very heart of
Sith operations, commandeered under Darth Revan?"

"That is affirmative, Padawan," B3-D3 answered. "Dark Lord Revan is indeed
acting as Sith overlord from the base planet of Illum. However, there are
many more Sith and Dark Jedi operating throughout the galaxy. Thankfully,
none of these others have achieved the status and rank of Lord Revan. If
they had, I would postulate that the galaxy would be headed for certain ruin."

Yery's body tightened. She had another question, one that was even more
important to her than the first. "If Revan is as powerful and as dangerous as
you say, why is Master Vrook sending two girls who are new Padawans and
only one Jedi Master to fight him? You'd think that Vrook would be more
intelligent than that." Big pause. She backtracked. "With all due respect
to Master Vrook, I should think he'd be sending all Jedi fighters at the ready!"

"It is not within the scope of my programming to determine Master Vrook's
motivations," apologized B3-D3. "However, it is within my specifications to
tell you that Master Soran is highly capable of fighting Sith, even if you
believe you are not. Impulsive this mission may be, but that is not for me
to decide." B3-D3 bowed and opened the hatch of a sleek, red vessel.

"This is the Krasnaya, our finest vessel yet. It is specifically
built for stealth, though it does have adequate turret and defense
capabilities. You are to enter Illum as if under a Stealth Generator,
for the metal of this ship is equipped with computer microchips that
accomplish such a task. You will notice that this ship's red? 'Krasnaya'
means red, good Masters, and it will be invisible to any heat-seeking
missiles employed by the Sith. This ship is clothed in heat, in fire."

"Very poetic, for a protocol droid," said Yery, and she smiled and winked.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll return to patrol." B3-D3 sauntered away.

Tysyacha
11-21-2005, 04:25 PM
"Oh, hello!" Yery announced quickly, blushing. "Master Kelso, my
name is Yery Tysyat, brand-new Padawan in the Jedi Order. And
this is--" She faltered a bit, not knowing the other girl's name yet.

Vladimir-Vlada
11-21-2005, 05:41 PM
((Sorry people. I din't know that I had to control my own character instaed of running the story for one paragraph. I promise it won't happen again))

Kyle watched the ship that lay before them. It certainley had a quite unique design. Then he turned to the scene before him. Suddenly he stopped and thought about something. Hmm... Why did the droid say about that? he questioned himself, I thought that that was clasified information. Or maybe I'm just being paranoid. Well, who could know .

Tysyacha
11-21-2005, 05:47 PM
In Master Vrook's Conference Room

Senator Arillen turned to Master Vrook, concern in her blue eyes.
"Why did you do that, Lamar?" she asked, not unkindly, but still
with a touch of angry coldness. "Why did you send Master Soran
out with two young Padawans to infiltrate the heart of the Sith?"

"I'd rather not talk about it," replied Vrook. "Let's continue our
previous conversation, if we would."

"Is Master Kelso right?" asked the Lady Arillen, both beautiful and
disconcerting. "Have you turned to the Dark Side? Or is it that you
see Master Soran as a threat, see him as undermining your authority?
If the latter is the case, which I believe it is, then you still have time
to reach Dock 75 and tell him the mission is aborted. You need to prove
to Kyle, and especially the Padawans, that you care about their safety."

"Safety is not my concern," Master Vrook answered. "That's the concern
of Master Soran, since he's set to go, and of the Padawans themselves."

"Really?" Lady Arellin's eyebrow furrowed. "And how do you think they'll
survive against hordes of oncoming Sith? They are only three, and now
four with Master Kelso. Why do you think that's enough, if you haven't
even sent our best starfleets to Illum yet?" The Senator shook her head.

"I'll have you know," glowered Vrook, "that this mission is not a mission
to me. I've sent these four into exile, if you must know what I'm doing."

"Exile?! But why?" Lady Arillen was dumbfounded. "That's for Sith, or else
Dark Jedi whom we've captured. It's the severest of punishments. Why them,
and why now?" She took a step backward. "They haven't done anything wrong?"

"Truly?" Vrook's eyes were hard and glittering as anthracite coal. "Soran, this
Kyle of whom you speak, is impetuous and insubordinate. He has challenged the
will of our Council at every turn when he's had the chance. You don't know him
as well as I do, Senator. This Master would have followed Lord Revan to war if
he'd had the option back when the Mandalorians were threatening the galaxy.

"As for the red-haired girl, she chose to take this mission. I cannot accept
blame for someone who willingly decides to go on our most fatal assignment.

"Kelso, well--he's more experienced in the ways of battle than the Padawans,
although not more than Master Soran. He was insistent on more than one Master
accompanying the two girls, and he has now received what he wished for. I
can't allow this fracturing of the Council--it will tear us all apart before Lord
Revan's starships can. Only Vandar's above me in rank, and he has entrusted
disciplinary and combat-oriented matters to me. He trusts my judgment, Arillen."

"I wonder if he would trust you now." The Senator was still doubtful. "Exile..."

"And Yery!" The growl surprised even the cleaning droid who was polishing the
Enclave floor. "It's not that Yery's evil, or even that she would join the Sith. It's
just that her passion, her brashness, and her desire for power and knowledge
are a grave threat to the Order. They are unchecked! She might learn the truth
of the Mandalorian Wars, and she might even turn to Lord Revan's way of thinking."

"So that's why you exiled them," Lady Arillen mused. "Harsh reasoning, Vrook."

"Plus, they have a potential to--!" He paused, trying to control his anger.
"If they fail in the smallest mission, they will fail against the Sith. That's why
I've sent them to Revan. It's either now, and victory, or never, and defeat."

Writer
11-21-2005, 06:48 PM
"Oh... I'm Jana Drake," the red-haired girl said, seeming a little surprised at the fact that Yery had even attempted to introduce her.

jokemaster
11-21-2005, 07:18 PM
"Great. Apparently I'm supposed to look out for you Jana. So just stick close and........try not to draw too much trouble toward us."

Writer
11-21-2005, 07:22 PM
Jana seemed amused. "I don't think that'll be much of a problem."

jokemaster
11-21-2005, 07:40 PM
"Good to hear. Now, how much training have you had with a saber?"

Writer
11-21-2005, 07:42 PM
"Enough that the Masters are getting nervous when it comes to how quickly I've learned," Jana answered, a spark of amusement in her green eyes.

jokemaster
11-21-2005, 07:46 PM
"What about mental defenses?"

Writer
11-21-2005, 07:49 PM
"Not as good, but still coming along faster than most students my age."

jokemaster
11-21-2005, 08:07 PM
"All right. What about more offensive force powers? Pushing, pulling, stunning, that type of stuff."

While he spoke, he probed her mind, partly to find out how prepared she was to defend herself, partly to find out about her past.

Writer
11-21-2005, 08:14 PM
The mental barriers he ran into were not all erected by the Force. One was older, stronger. Her Force barriers resisted his touch for a few seconds, but the older barrier would not give way.

In response to his question, she used the Force to lift her lightsaber from her belt, handed it to him, and then used the Force to pull it out of his hand.

"When I first came for training, the Masters agreed that I would be best suited to be a Jedi Guardian," she explained. "As such, my training has focused more on aggressive behaviors."

jokemaster
11-21-2005, 08:20 PM
Kelso nodded, satisfied for now, but curious about the barrier in her mind.

"I'll check out your lightsaber skills in hyperspace. You were stupid enough to volunteer for this mission, and now I'm the one who has to make sure you get out of it alvie."

Writer
11-21-2005, 08:25 PM
Jana frowned. "Stupid? That's the first time I've ever been called that."

jokemaster
11-21-2005, 08:35 PM
"Well, that's what happens when you do stupid things. You get called stupid."

Writer
11-21-2005, 09:13 PM
Jana shrugged. "I guess so... but what makes this a stupid decision? That's what I'm interested in knowing."

jokemaster
11-21-2005, 09:19 PM
Kelso smiled coldy. "Oh, this is great. You have no idea what they're sending us to, do ya? It's a suicide mission. It was meant to get rid of Yery and Kyle. And you just couldn't wait to go along."

Writer
11-21-2005, 09:27 PM
Jana laughed. "Exile for Death?" She shrugged. "So long as none of us plans on dying..."

"But it'll take more than planning to avoid death," she said, almost seeming to interrupt herself. "If your main goal is to avoid death, you'll quite likely end up dead. Plan to live and maybe it'll happen that way."

"So perhaps I am stupid," she went on. "To rush into something I know nothing about. Why do the Masters want to get rid of Yery and Kyle?"

jokemaster
11-21-2005, 09:31 PM
"Well, newbie, I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but Vrook isn't exactly a sweet, chocolatey person. He's a bastard. A bastard coated bastard with bastard filling. He's threatened by Kyle, and he's annoyed at Yery. You happened to jump in front of the blaster bolt."

Writer
11-21-2005, 09:34 PM
"Not like he's not annoyed by me anyway," Jana shrugged. "He's the one who thinks I'm progressing too quickly in my training. The others are merely concerned... have said something about the possibility of a Sith or Jedi possession... but I highly doubt that. I think I'd know if anything tried to possess me."

jokemaster
11-21-2005, 09:36 PM
"For some reason kid, I very much doubt that."

Writer
11-21-2005, 09:39 PM
"What do you mean?" Jana asked curiously.

jokemaster
11-21-2005, 09:45 PM
"You think you can do well just because you do better than most people your age here? Where we're heading is a place fully trained Jedi Knights are afraid to go."

Writer
11-21-2005, 09:46 PM
"I can do well because I'm a quick learner," Jana corrected. "I adapt quickly to what the situation requires."

jokemaster
11-21-2005, 09:50 PM
"You better hope so."

Writer
11-21-2005, 09:54 PM
"You don't sound very convinced," Jana accused.

Tysyacha
11-21-2005, 11:44 PM
Yery listened to Jana and Kelso's discussion from a (presumably)
discreet distance. Exile for death? What was this she was
hearing? Could Master Vrook really be so cruel and shortsighted?
Would he be? Surely a Jedi, if Vrook really were a true Jedi, would
think twice about sending only two Padawans and two Masters ahead...

"Excuse me," she said softly, trying to sound nonchalant. "I know that
the Krasnaya's headed straight for Illum, but is there a way we
might be able to divert course? I don't know how the ship's controls are
programmed, but maybe something or someone could help us out. Is there
a droid on board? B3-D3 didn't sound like he was coming with us, but..."

"Divert course?" This sound came from a special panel in the hyperdrive
which communicated with the passengers of the Krasnaya much
like a droid would. "That is not possible, passengers. I was programmed
specifically for this mission, and there is no reasonable way to divert course."

"Excellent," sighed Yery, and her chest heaved. "Listen. Em, hyperdrive, is there
anything you could tell us about Darth Revan? Background information, perhaps?"

The hyperdrive beeped and whirred, and then its glowing panel showed a
portrait of the cloaked Sith Lord. "Revan was once a Jedi, though he has
now reclaimed the title of Lord of the Sith. During the onslaught of the
Mandalorians in the wars that now bear their name, Revan became
impatient for the Jedi Council to send its soldiers into battle. He and
his apprentice, the late Darth Malak, led the attack that would
eventually culminate in their utter betrayal of the Jedi Order."

"Computer, do you know how or why Revan and Malak became Sith?"

"Negative. That information was not encoded into my programming.
I am merely programmed to reveal the "what" and the "who" of any
given situation, not the "why" and the "how". Such speculations are
best left up to organic sentients, and droids who have humanoid artificial
intelligence." The hyperdrive gave a soft hum and continued working.

"Master Kelso," said Yery, boldly but yet humbly at the same time,
"I'd like you to probe me. What could Vrook possibly see in me that
would cause him to send us both into exile?"

jokemaster
11-21-2005, 11:44 PM
"Wow, you guessed that all by yourself?"

Writer
11-22-2005, 12:20 AM
"Oh, it required no guess work," Jana retorted. "It's written all over your face!"

Tysyacha
11-22-2005, 12:25 AM
((Note: My post should come AFTER your repartee, not before. ;) By the way,
I am going to catch some starship ZZZ's, so good night, everyone. Great work!))

Writer
11-22-2005, 12:30 AM
((That's what I figured... have a good night's sleep. :) ))

jokemaster
11-22-2005, 01:11 AM
Kelso sighed

"You have no actual experience, only training. So I apologize if I'm not entirely confident in your abilities."

He turned to Yery. "All right, fine. I'll probe you."

He concentrated and began probing into her mind.

Vladimir-Vlada
11-22-2005, 10:23 AM
Kyle couldn't believe what was Master Kelso saying. He frowned and turned around. Son of a shutta was planning this all along realised Kyle, dropping his fist into his palm. He then turned to the others:
"I am going to see if we can get out of this mess. I'll ask if I can leave."
Kyle went to B3 D3 and asked:
"Are the docking bay doors open?"
"Yes they are sir." said B3 D3 "You may come and go as you wish."
Kyle was a bit surprised whne he heard the reply, he turned to the door and added:
"Thank you."
"You are welcome, sir." replied the droid.
Kyle made his way to the door. He couldn't stop thinking of how this sounded so easy; Vrook wasn't an idiot, he'd never leave any lag in his plans, if he had any. Kyle approached the door. Suddenly, 12 thugs entered through the door: 4 Rodians, 1 Weequay, 6 Humans and 2 Trandoshans. Kyle, panicked a bit, reached for his light sabre.
"Stop."
A figure, wearing blue armour stepped out of the group. The man was in his late twenties, he had a short black hair and dark eyes. Kyle knew who it was, he coldly smiled:
"Hello, Brejik."
"Nice to see you too, Master Soran." said sarcastically Brejik.
"And to what do I owe, this unpleasant visit?" asked Kyle, examining the group.
"Well." said Brejik "Maybe it has something to do with..." Brejik snapped his fingers "Money."
"If you want a loan..." began Kyle coldly "You should go to a bank."
"Now why would I take money which I had to return?" asked Brejik "I am not a bank either, but I didn't give you that grin."
"I repayed that depth years ago." said Kyle "And I would do that right now if it was the same situation."
"You think that I'm interested in your money?" Brejik laughed "I am not interested in your money. I'm interested in the other people's money which I will get if I bring you to them."
"Let me guess." sharpened Kyle "Vrook?"
"That old dirtbag? No thank you. Besides, I have you. You are far more valuable than him."
"Any reasons?" frowned coldly Kyle.
"None in particular." began Brejik. Kyle looked with his eyeballs to the upper left. "You can come peacefully if you want."
Kyle pulled out quickly his light sabre, and the white ray of light cut to the upper left deflecting a blaster bolt, hitting a human which fell right beside him. Brejik, turned red angry and yelled:
"Kill Soran, Kill Kelso, Kill them all!"
All of the mercanaries pulled out their blaster rifles (most mercanaries had blaster rifles, true but unexplained fact). Kyle lowered quickly his sabre to his lower left deflecting 2 blaster rays, hitting a Rodian and a Human. He ran towards the group; he moved his sabre to the upper left and made 4 rays deflect towards the roof. He jumpped avoiding all of the rays that were being fired around him, eventually one hit him, but not badly. When he landed he slashed his sabre to his lower right cutting open 2 Humans; he truned and parried a blade from the Weequay and turned around for 360 degrees and cut off the Weequay's head. He stabbed through a Trandoshan and jumpped out of there. He landed in front of the group and Force Pushed them massively through the door, making it close, with many more thugs outiside. Kyle holstered his sabre and ran towards the Krasnaya as the thugs rammed at the door, damaging it quickly.
Kyle pushed Kelso, Kelso flew away from Kyle a few decimetres. Kyle yelled at them:
"Quick! Let's get out of here!"
Kyle quickly lowered the ramp and turned calling Yery, Master Kelso and Jana; seeing that the thungs are almost through.
"Come on! They're nearly through."

jokemaster
11-22-2005, 10:53 AM
Kelso grabbed Jana roughly and pulled her with him, blocking any blaster bolts that came near the both of them. Roughly, he pushed her into the ship, and force-pushed the remaining thugs. He then proceeded to throw the various containers and parts at the thugs, further confusing them.

"GET US OUT OF HERE!" He yelled at Soran.

Vladimir-Vlada
11-22-2005, 11:18 AM
Kyle raced to the cockpit. He jumped into the chair. Beside him was Yery, trying to operate the vehicle as well. Kyle activated the naviagation system.
"Come on, piloting skills! Don't give up on me now." said Kyle.
"I am sorry." began the computer which had a rather scrambled voice "I can only allow automatic piloting."
"Just fly already!" punched Kyle the activitation button.
The Krasnaya rose a little. The blaster rays were richoscheting off of the ships hull. The ship turned and flew through the hangar door, quickly to the skies.
Brejik, who was angry that his ticket to fortune got away, said to himself:
"We'll meet again... Soran."
Brejik turned around and began to exit the hangar, followed by thugs and droids.

jokemaster
11-22-2005, 11:21 AM
Kelso turned to Jana. "You OK?"

Writer
11-22-2005, 11:33 AM
"I'd be better if you'd let me do my own running rather than forcing me to loose my balance," Jana muttered. "But I'm still alive and not hurt, if that's what you mean."

jokemaster
11-22-2005, 11:41 AM
"Good."

He headed to the cockpit and spoke to Kyle. "Who were these guys?"

Vladimir-Vlada
11-22-2005, 11:51 AM
Kyle turned his chair and looked at Kelso. He began:
"They are the Exchange. But not really the Exchange; they were acctuely the part of a Taris swoop gang called the Black Vulkars. But since Taris was destroyed, they named themselves 'The Last Eagles of Taris', specialised in assasinations and assaul. Brejik is their leader, a young and arrogant man, with whom I had conflict since I was a child."

jokemaster
11-22-2005, 11:58 AM
"Why are they after us?"

Vladimir-Vlada
11-22-2005, 12:02 PM
"I know why they're possibly after me. But you people." he shook his head lightly "I have no idea."

jokemaster
11-22-2005, 12:03 PM
"All right. " He glanced at Yery then back at Kyle. "I need to speak with you alone. "

jokemaster
11-22-2005, 12:10 PM
((I meant speak to Kyle alone.))

Vladimir-Vlada
11-22-2005, 12:14 PM
((@jokemaster: Oh! Sorry, I didn't notice that))

Kyle looked at Kelso and got up out of his chair. Peculiar of what the Master wanted.
"All right." said Kyle and continued through the exit of the cockpit "Follow me. We'll leave the girls for the moment." Kyle entered the crew quarters and turned around:
"All right. What do you wish to speak to me about?"

jokemaster
11-22-2005, 12:16 PM
"I probed Jana's mind earlier. Her own barriers fell easily, but there was something else blocking her mind."

Vladimir-Vlada
11-22-2005, 12:20 PM
"What could it be?" asked Kyle "Is it something that is in the part where the memories are? Or are those thoughts? And what is the barrier made out of? Of emotions? Or worse..." Kyle lowered his head "Of Force powers?"

jokemaster
11-22-2005, 12:25 PM
"I couldn't tell. Which is why I need your help to break it. "

Vladimir-Vlada
11-22-2005, 12:30 PM
"You want me..." Kyle raised an eyebrow. "To break it? I don't think that that's such a good idea." Kyle shook his head "That barrier, might exist to stop something that she is trying to stop from hurting anyone. I don't think that it's such a good idea to do it."

jokemaster
11-22-2005, 12:38 PM
"I don't think she's the one doing it. Not conciously anyway. And I don't want any surprises popping up during hte mission."

Vladimir-Vlada
11-22-2005, 12:45 PM
Kyle nodded. "I agree with your way of thinking."
"But be warned: wether we want it or not, we will have to open it at some point." pointed out Kyle "So I think that we should keep to your sugestion. We'll leave it for the time being. For now we must concentrate on going to Illum."

jokemaster
11-22-2005, 12:49 PM
"Yery asked me to probe her. Know what that's about?"

Vladimir-Vlada
11-22-2005, 12:51 PM
"No idea." Kyle shrugged "I don't know her well. She's not my Padawan, nor I ever had one." he sighed.

jokemaster
11-22-2005, 12:53 PM
"She is now. Get used to the idea."

Vladimir-Vlada
11-22-2005, 01:00 PM
"I suppose you're right." sighed Kyle, not very comfortable with the idea "I only took her for a while so that she could increase her abillities." said Kyle a bit sad.
"And to prove to that son of shutta, Vrook, that he has no right to bully everyone as he pleases." said Kyle a bit mad now.
"But anyway, I think of this as a mission. Not a opprotunity to increase my renown or VC." added Kyle

jokemaster
11-22-2005, 01:04 PM
"Good. I'm going to see how good Jana is in combat. I suggest you train Yery. From what I heard she needs to work on her lightsaber skills."

Vladimir-Vlada
11-22-2005, 01:11 PM
"I'll get on it as soon as I can." replied Kyle. Master Kelso left the room, leaving Kyle to himself. Kyle sat on the bed, thinking of reading something. He grabbed the closest book "The Law of the Republic". Kyle liked to study the laws that were brought with the constitution of Republic. So he spent some time reading it.

((I think that we should wait for Tysyacha for now, since the story revolves around Yery, not us ;) ))

jokemaster
11-22-2005, 01:15 PM
((Yeah, just wanted to get that out of the way))

Tysyacha
11-22-2005, 01:50 PM
Yery, confused and afraid, stayed silent for a long while in the confines
of the Krasnaya. She didn't exactly know what was going on,
nor why the "Last Eagles of Taris", formerly the Black Vulkars, were
after them. Kyle, from his explanation, was certainly a legitimate
target, but why Master Kelso? Why Jana? Why her, even?

Was it because we three were along for the ride? Yery asked herself.

Nonetheless, the young Padawan had many more questions besides why
a piddly swoop gang had them in their sights. She wanted a probe, for
without it, she might never find the reason why Vrook wanted to exile her.
Unless the Master had turned to the Dark Side and was trying to hide it
from the other members of the Council, such an action did not make sense.

Or did it? Yery stepped toward Master Kelso, asking for the probe again.

"This time," grumbled the Padawan, "I hope there are no interruptions!"

jokemaster
11-22-2005, 01:54 PM
Kelso sighed. "All right."

Once again he concentrated, and delved into her mind.

Tysyacha
11-22-2005, 03:56 PM
Yery closed her eyes and opened herself to the Force, and to Master Kelso.
She believed she had nothing to hide, not even the passion and anger that
she had shown to Vrook when she challenged him to a duel. Nothing was
safe from a mind probe, she knew, not even one's deepest, darkest fears.

Would Master Kelso find fear there? Only time would tell, and yet...

Wait a minute. What was he tugging at? She felt a little uneasy, light
on her feet. Was she going to faint if this went on for too long? Yery
relaxed her body once again and let Kelso delve deeper, deeper...

"Tysyat." A voice. "Yery Tysyat. I was wondering when I'd
meet you, introduce you to the Force Power that might save your life.
Bastila had her Battle Meditation. Darth Revan has his reconstructed
mind to fuel his hatred and lead the Sith. Jana has a barrier erected in
her mind that few even think of crossing. But you--you have..."

"I have what?" Yery replied to the voice in her mind. Was she going crazy,
and could Master Kelso "hear" what was going on through the Force?

"You have...the gift of exile upon you, and the power of Force Tactics.
This is an even stronger form of Battle Meditation, where you can analyze
the motives and possible actions of your enemies. You'd make the perfect
spy, or the perfect hidden weapon, one who could turn the tide of battle
when the time was right. Force Tactics render lightsabers nearly useless,
blaster rifles ineffective, and strategies based on head knowledge as dust.

"Force Tactics are only given to those who have been punished, exiled
from the norm and the masses almost from birth. Even then, not every
exile has them. I know you've wished to be an influence for great good
in the galaxy, but not even you realize what your powers can do."

"What can they do?" Yery felt herself becoming tired, sluggish...

"Your Force Tactics are the lowest form of the series, but they might
improve with time. Yours are what's known as Dvuksotniy, the powers
that increase your strength and those of your allies by two hundred
percent. How did you get these powers, you may ask? The answer
is simple. You wanted them, and the Force has granted your wish."

"Who are you?" asked Yery of the voice in her mind, feeling empowered
and confused at the same time. "How are you talking to me right now?"

"Through the Force. I wish to teach you. That is all you must know for now."

Yery opened her eyes. Master Kelso looked stunned.

jokemaster
11-22-2005, 03:59 PM
After a few minutes of silence Kelso spoke.

"Interesting........but we have to find out who was speaking to you."

Tysyacha
11-22-2005, 04:09 PM
Yery nodded. "I agree, but I don't know who it was. That voice sounded--old.
Experienced. Quite mature. I'm not sure whether it was a male or female, but
whoever it was, he or she is powerful. I could feel them searching my feelings
just as easily as I could feel you probing my thoughts. I hope they speak again."

jokemaster
11-22-2005, 04:10 PM
"If they do, inform us immediately. Leave no detail out, got it?"

Vladimir-Vlada
11-22-2005, 04:11 PM
While Master Kelso and Yery were standing in the middle of the room, behind the corner was Kyle; hiding and listening to what is going on. He didn't really manage to sense or hear anything, like he hopped. But he heard a voice that was very familiar to him. The voice passed quickly as the wind, but clear as a day to him. It could have been anyone, but If it was someone he knew, it could have noly one person... And if it was that one person, then his fears have become true and the one he never knew but strived to find... Has reappeared. Could it be? Kyle frowned a bit and moved to the side. But he grined because he felt pain in his right hip; he looked at it... It was a blaster hit that he recieved earlier.
Kyle lumpped around the corner.
"Where is a med pack?" asked Kyle, holding his right arm on his right hip, barely standing straight.

Writer
11-22-2005, 04:12 PM
"You what?" Jana exclaimed. She shook her head. "Don't go hoping for things you don't understand... you don't know who that... voice or whatever belongs to. Powerful? Hope it's not in the wrong way."

She sighed and turned away. "I've said too much. I'm sorry." With that, she left the room.

jokemaster
11-22-2005, 04:13 PM
Kelso looked at Kyle and groaned.

"Dammit man, next time tell us you got hit BEFORE you're about to faint. There should be something in the infirmary. "

Kelso walked off to the infirmary.

Vladimir-Vlada
11-22-2005, 04:22 PM
Kyle frowned towards Master Kelso:
"Try to fight against 14 thugs next time yourself."
Kyle also noticed that Jana was leaving the room, a bit angry. He didn't quite understand why.
"What's wrong with her?" asked Kyle Yery.

Tysyacha
11-22-2005, 04:27 PM
Yery couldn't quite guess. "I heard a voice in my mind speaking to me through
the Force, and I said that I wanted it to speak again. Jana was warning me
that this voice might not be a good thing, but then Jana thought she'd said
too much." She shrugged, but not unkindly. "At least that's all I understand."

Vladimir-Vlada
11-22-2005, 04:34 PM
Kyle looked towards the exit which Jana took. He thought that she may be connected with that, but in the end he thought and said to Yery:
"Maybe she is just a little afraid of these sort of things. It wouldn't surprise me if she is."
But still he found it strange that Jana knew about it. Is it possible that there is a bond between those two? he thought.
"Uh, Yery?" said Kyle a bit concerned "Have you felt anything, anything since you were close to Jana?"

Tysyacha
11-22-2005, 05:13 PM
Yery smiled. "Friendship, definitely, since she was going to help me scrub
the floor after Vrook punished me. But as for a Force Bond...I can't say for
sure. She and I have a connection, and I have a feeling that our friendship
is going to be a deep one as we venture forward to fight the Sith. However,
I've heard that a telltale sign of a Force Bond is if it's between Master and
student. Jana and I are both Padawans, so that theory wouldn't make sense."

Vladimir-Vlada
11-22-2005, 05:29 PM
"I just thought so. No big deal." said Kyle. But the theory did work with Revan and Bastila thought Kyle.

jokemaster
11-22-2005, 05:48 PM
Kelso went after Jana.

"Calm down. Listen, I probed your mind earlier, and I found a barrier stronger than anything else in there. Now, is there anything you want to tell me?"

Tysyacha
11-22-2005, 06:00 PM
At the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine

"Master Vrook," announced Vandar once the obstinate Jedi had
finished his conversation with Senator Arillen. "I feel we must speak."

"You feel, or you know?" Vrook tried to conceal a slight smirk. "It was
you yourself, Master Vandar, who told me that Jedi must not trust
their feelings too much. Emotions can lead to betrayal, which is
why a Knight of our Order must always be on guard. Correct?"

"I concur," replied Master Vandar, frowning. "However, if they are truly
in the service of the Light, then lead us to greater truth, our emotions can."

"What's going on?" asked Master Dorak, carrying a stack of thick books.

"You might as well hear this, too, since you are one of the Council. Dorak,
I've sent Master Kyle Soran and Master Kelso aboard the Krasnaya
to go to the planet of Illum. I've also sent two Padawan girls with them.
Yery, the one we've just inducted into the Order, is anxious to confront
Lord Revan, and the other one, Jana Drake, volunteered to go along."

"Only a mission, this is?" Vandar furrowed his green eyebrows. "Believe so,
I do not. You know these girls are young, and they have much to learn.
Why did you send them to Illum to fight the Sith? Kelso and Soran--
very strong they are in the ways of the Force, no doubt. However, you
sent away one of our voting members without consulting either myself
or Dorak. Speak now, Vrook, in your defense, if something to say you have."

Vrook breathed deeply. "Kyle is dangerous. There's no telling what kind
of danger he could lead the Jedi into if his power and near-leadership is
left unchecked and untested. As for the Padawan girls--Yery bothers me.
There's some power hidden within that girl that perhaps she still does not
know about. If the rest of the Jedi in training hear of it, they might use her
to their advantage, or worse, kill her. I sent her away for her own safety."

That ominous scowl still remained upon Master Vandar's face. "If I find
that you lied to me, Vrook, then sent into exile you will be, like Dark Lord
Revan after our Jedi forces capture him. You are dismissed, sir."

You are dismissed, sir. Vrook grumbled angry words under his breath.

Vladimir-Vlada
11-22-2005, 06:06 PM
"Didn't we agree to not think about that at the moment Kelso?" asked Kyle. Kyle went to the infirmary and took a med pack. He slowly injected the icy liquid which caused the blood preasure to increase. He groaned lightly at the small pain in his right hip. Kyle ventured through to the cockpit to see when are they going to arrive at Illum.
"When are we going to arrive on Illum?" asked Kyle, hovering over the console.
"Approximate time to arrive is 2 days from current destination." replied the computer.
"Thank you." said Kyle and went back to the quarters to lie down a bit.

jokemaster
11-22-2005, 06:12 PM
The situation has changed sent Kelso through the force to Kyle You saw her reaction to Yery hearing a voice. She might know what the barrier is, and what it's blocking

Vladimir-Vlada
11-22-2005, 06:15 PM
Kyle recieved Kelso's message.
There must be bond between them. sent Kyle the message. We must speak when they are sleeping. In about 4 hours, meet me in the cockpit. We have issues to deal with...

Suddenly, something hit Kyle's head: If Kelso wasn't exiled, then why did he come? It looks like that he isn't telling us something thought Kyle. He thought that maybe he can ask that Kelso in about 4 hours...

Vladimir-Vlada
11-22-2005, 06:26 PM
Then Kyle decieded to maybe introduce himself to Jana. After all, they haven't properly introduced each other so... Maybe a simple conversation cold cheer him and her up. Kyle exited the crew quarters and went to the Main Hold, where he found Jana eating something. Kyle went to the table and sat down.
"So..." began Kyle "Why were you in the Barracks?"

Writer
11-22-2005, 06:48 PM
(Before Kyle approached Jana...)

Jana shrugged and looked at Kelso. "I don't know," she said. "Barrier? And you're not referring to my Force barriers... no, there's nothing I can think of."

She excused herself and went to see if she could find something to eat.

(Then, Kyle approaches...)

"Vrook doesn't like me and the other Masters are nervous about how quickly my training is progressing," Jana said bluntly. "But blame Vrook for my presence in the Barracks." She shrugged. "He thinks I'm possessed by a Sith and that's how I'm doing so well."

She giggled. "And he thinks that maybe enough floor-scrubbing will force the Sith to take control so Vrook can kill both of us at the same time."

jokemaster
11-22-2005, 07:00 PM
Kelso watched the two of them speak, leaning against the wall.

Vladimir-Vlada
11-23-2005, 08:39 AM
Kyle found it very strange to hear that Vrook, thinking that she was possesed, didn't take any greater measures. Because he knew that Vrook wouldn't take anything lightly... He knew that ever since the event that lead to the hatred between Kyle and Vrook.
"Was there any, praticular reason for Vrook to think that?" asked Kyle.

Writer
11-23-2005, 01:40 PM
"To think what?" Jana wondered. "That I'm possessed or that scrubbing floors would make the Sith take control?"

Vladimir-Vlada
11-23-2005, 03:56 PM
"Vrook, as I know him." began Kyle "And to tell you the truth I knew him since childhood. Does not make inaccurate presumptions." Kyle began, noticing that the heat in the room turned on, but nothing to worry about
"He concludes things based on evidence and facts. And for him to conclude this would mean that he saw something in you that he didn't understand. Or knew but didn't talk about it."
"And also." added Kyle "If he concluded such a thing, then he has surely studied you for months... If not, then even years."

Writer
11-23-2005, 03:58 PM
"I learn quickly," Jana said. "The Masters all agree I've learned much more quickly than any other students they've seen. It makes some of them nervous, but it's done more to Vrook... he's acting more than nervous."

Vladimir-Vlada
11-23-2005, 04:04 PM
Kyle found this observation peculiar. He never saw or heard that Vrook ever got upset or nervous. The only time he remembers that Vrook behaved a bit nervous was when Kyle came; but that was because of a very good reason that Kyle knew about... But he never told that to anyone.
"Are you saying... That Vrook behaved sort of... paranoid?" asked Kyle

jokemaster
11-23-2005, 04:07 PM
"Vrook's always paranoid Kyle." Said Kelso, still leaning against the wall. "You should know that by now."

Writer
11-23-2005, 04:10 PM
"Yeah, paranoid's a good word for it," Jana agreed.

Vladimir-Vlada
11-23-2005, 04:31 PM
Kyle heard Master Kelso's comment. He turned his head a bit, but he didn't say anything. He then told Jana:
"As far as I'm concerned. His paranoia in your case is rather ridicoloud. He might over react, but he either sees something in you..." Kyle smiled "Or he finally lost his mind.

Writer
11-23-2005, 04:35 PM
"Betcha he lost his mind," Jana grinned.

Vladimir-Vlada
11-23-2005, 04:40 PM
"It's getting a little late." said Kyle watching the chronometer on his hand. "I am going to get some sleep. You should too. Good night."
Kyle got up and threw the bag of ice that he holded on to his wound. It has cured completely and the ice melted anyway. Kyle went to infirmary, no one was there except for him. Kyle looked around to make sure that no one was there he approached the door and said:

jokemaster
11-23-2005, 04:41 PM
"Well, this is very interesting, but we've got a year's training to do, and two days to do it. So follow me. "

Kelso headed down to the empty hold, the only part in the ship with enough room for decent saber practice.

Writer
11-23-2005, 04:44 PM
Jana followed Kelso into the hold. "A year's training in two days?" She shrugged. "Doable. Hard, but doable."

jokemaster
11-23-2005, 04:52 PM
The girl was confident. That was good.

"All right. Show me what you can do. "

Kelos ignited his saber, and stood in a defensive position.

Writer
11-23-2005, 04:56 PM
Jana atctivated her saber, stood still for a couple of seconds, and attacked, bringing her hazy orange blade down on his.

jokemaster
11-23-2005, 04:59 PM
Kelso blocked easily, not even moving.

"Come on, kid. Give me your best."

Writer
11-23-2005, 05:02 PM
Jana shrugged and attacked wordlessly. Her blade swept down toward his feet, but at the last second, reversed, and went toward his head. Just as his saber went up to block that, her saber was already in motion, thrust toward his waist.

jokemaster
11-23-2005, 05:08 PM
Kelso now dodged in addition to blocking. He was impressed, but hid it well. He had to get her more motivated to do the best she can. And the best way to motivate someone, is to show them if they accomplish that, they'll prove you wrong.

"Come on." He growled. "What happened to all that 'I'm the best from my age group'?"

Vladimir-Vlada
11-23-2005, 05:19 PM
Kyle wanted to examine the supplies to make sure they had enough of them. Why would Vrook lose his mind that much? Thought Kyle, ramaging through the supplies, like he was looking for something. These two girls have more in common than I expected realised Kyle, still looking for something. Now where was that again? Ah! There it is, Kyle smiled when he pulled out a cubical shaped oject of dark granite. Archiaic material as it is, the object was far more valuable than what it seemed like. It was called a Lutian Zhar drone and it had a very strange but very important usage. For in fact, the object was a Sith artifact that Kyle hained as a gift from a Tattoinian hut that was intended for Uthar Wynn. The object had a simple function: That by focusing the Force into it, it would send Force echoes that were intended for only those that the user wanted specifically.

Kyle wanted to find the person that contacted Yery. And he knew that it could only be two people that he searched for so long: A man and a woman. The Woman... A corrupted Jedi Master. The Man... A Sith Lord who Kyle hunted for revenge since his childhood. Kyle focused and echoed with it for a little while.

Kyle started to hear voices as the wind. He then could start to hear words. But he couldn't know if it was a man or a woman.
"Who are you?" asked Kyle in those great Force winds from which he couldn't sense well.
"So you found me." said the voice "How did you know it was me?"
"I know many things... Sith." grined Kyle "And I sure as hell know who you are."
"Didn't you now?" asked the voice "Presumptions are fragile things that cause much damage and disorder."
"If you are a woman, then I wish to know what are you trying to gain by hunting me. But if you are a man... Then know that I will hunt you down like a monster you are."
The voice laughed and it spoke like there were two, but Kyle couldn't tell which was male or female and he didn't know what was either of them.
"Who are you?!" yelled Kyle "Show yourself!"

The voice disappeared and Kyle, opened his eyes. The cube was smashed by Kyle's rage, but he didn't care. Kyle threw away the dust and went to the Crew Quarters, to read the Law again to calm himself down.

Writer
11-23-2005, 05:26 PM
"I'm holding back... not wanting to hurt you," Jana laughed. Her fighting style changed slightly, taking a more acrobatically graceful look. Instead of merely ducking when his blade came at her head, she rolled away from it. Her saber movements seemed more like a single slash prolonged into a multi-sided attack, only stopped by a collision with Kelso's saber.

Vladimir-Vlada
11-23-2005, 05:57 PM
Kyle heard some noices coming from a empty room on the ship. He dropped 'the Law of the Republic' book next to him. He got up and made his way to the room where the noises were coming from. Kyle had quite a show in front of him: Jana fighting against Master Kelso. Kyle watched a bit... She is better than me, that's for sure thought Kyle, who continued to watch.

jokemaster
11-23-2005, 06:06 PM
Kelso blocked, he was better than Jana, bu she was giving him a challenge now.

"Better, but not good enough yet. " Kelso said, still blocking and dodging, making no effort to attack.

Writer
11-23-2005, 06:38 PM
"You're not attacking," Jana observed, her voice barely heard over the clash of their sabers.

jokemaster
11-23-2005, 06:58 PM
"The way you're fighting, I don't need to."

Writer
11-23-2005, 07:01 PM
"I'll not get better if you don't show me what I could do better," Jana answered. "Do something."

jokemaster
11-23-2005, 07:05 PM
"I will."

He continued blocking for a few more seconds, then struck high while she was in mid-swing. Not able to bring up her saber fast enough to block it, she ducked, and before she could recover, he kicked her saber out of her hand, and pulled it to his hand with the force.

"So you're ready for the lesson?"

Writer
11-23-2005, 07:43 PM
Jana grinned. "The lesson is what I wanted."

jokemaster
11-23-2005, 08:04 PM
"You take too long to recover from swings, you use the traditional feints too much, and your technique needs improvement. C'mon, let me show you."

Kelso began to train Jena. They practiced and trained for three hours, and her skills improved. They were both tired, and Kelso was aware that his scheduled meeting with Kyle was approaching

"Good. We'll take a rest now. We'll continue in four hours' time. "

Writer
11-23-2005, 08:34 PM
Jana nodded, clipped her lightsaber to her belt and went off to find a place to rest.

jokemaster
11-23-2005, 10:12 PM
Silently, Kelso sent a message to Kyle.

Is Yery asleep?

Tysyacha
11-23-2005, 11:44 PM
Yery, in her quarters, had tried unsuccessfully to improve on the techniques
that Kyle had taught her. She wished, just for a moment, that she could cheat
and wield the high-energy blade using the Force--which she had tried to do,
and could do for a few seconds--but she knew that neither Kyle nor Master
Kelso would approve. Or, should she assume nothing about the two Masters?
She really didn't know either of them that well so far, and if she ever fully
trusted one of them, Yery promised herself she would show them her secret.

"Dvukhsotniy, dvukhsotniy, dvukshotniy," she whispered, and her
green Consular's blade floated into the air. Then it spun around quickly,
flashing above Yery's head, but then just as quickly clattered to the floor.

Yery's body stiffened, and she sucked in her breath. Had anyone heard her?
The lightsaber barely made much of a click-clacking sound, but in this ship,
even the hum of the hyperdrive could soothe weary passengers to sleep.

Sleep... thought Yery. So precious, so sweet... She rested.

(Note: I'll be gone until Saturday evening, and in the meantime, you can
control Yery. Don't have her show her little lightsaber trick yet, and don't
launch any huge plot twists without her! I'd like to know a little bit more
about Jana's mind barrier from her own perspective, by the way, and who
those mercs were, the 'Last Eagles of Taris'. Why are they after us, anyhoo? ;) )

Vladimir-Vlada
11-24-2005, 10:03 AM
Kyle heard the message Kelso sent him.
"Like a baby." replied Kyle with a smile, leaning againts the wall. "Meet me in the Main Hold."
Kyle went to the Main Hold and stood there, thinking for a while. While he was waiting for Master Kelso.

jokemaster
11-24-2005, 11:30 AM
Kelso arrived.

"Jana's skilled, more than I thought she would be, but I don't think she's still good enough for Ilum. What about Yery?"

Writer
11-24-2005, 01:03 PM
Out of a bad dream, Jana awoke after only an hour of sleep. She sat up and twisted so that her legs dangled over the side of the bed. When she had completely remembered where she was, she brought her hands up to her head.

"Damn dreams," she murmured. It wasn't the dream that annoyed her most; it was that she could never remember the dream. She laughed at this thought. "I know it repeats, but I can't say what it is!"

She shook her head, turning her thoughts to other matters. Kelso had told her that he felt a barrier that wasn't her own. Though she didn't like to lie about it, Jana wasn't ready to tell others just where that barrier had come from. So she lied, said she didn't know about it. But that left her with a question. Did Kelso know she was lying to him? She had left rather quickly after he mentioned that barrier.

"No," Jana finally decided. "He doesn't suspect anything." After so long of hiding the barrier and lying about its existence, she felt confident that she was good enough at it to hide the truth from everybody here.

With these thoughts pushed aside, Jana decided to try and get a little more rest.

Vladimir-Vlada
11-24-2005, 01:33 PM
Kyle fondeled his moustache a bit, like he was in a deap thought.
"Yery seems to be progressing well... Almost two well." said Kyle
"But the voice is... very distrubing."
"I saw how you and Jana fought." began Kyle pleased "Very impressive, from both of you. Although I would like that you don't be so hard on her."

jokemaster
11-24-2005, 02:06 PM
"We've got less than two days before we face a planet's worth of sith. We have to be tough. The voice is disturbing, but for now it doesn't seem to be trying to harm us. The two girls have a connection, we should teach them to exploit it in battle."

Vladimir-Vlada
11-24-2005, 06:17 PM
"No, we can't do that." disagreed Kyle.
"It won't be enough and it is too dangerous. Who knows what that might lead to."

jokemaster
11-24-2005, 06:37 PM
"They need an edge." Argued Kelso. "Anything to help them even the odge. That's the only possible one I see so far."

Vladimir-Vlada
11-24-2005, 06:47 PM
"An edge? Are you saying that we beat them to a pulp by teaching them to use their connection in battle?!" argued Kyle.
"No!" Kyle spread his arms "It's too risky at the moment. So little time and still to early. They will attack us before we even reach Illum. Not to mention that we are headed for Illum, with no possibility of coming back with this thing; where we will be like sitting ducks for Revan and his company. And then we're really done for."

jokemaster
11-24-2005, 06:58 PM
Kelso frowned. "Beat them to a pulp? I'm suggesting that we teach them how to use the connection they have, not that we assault them! They've got a connection, it won't go away just because we want it to, might as well use it to our favor. Both of them have troubling things about them, Yery has the voice, and Jana has a barrier in her mind, but the odds are stacked against us. You may be eager to go to your death, but I'm fighting it. "

Vladimir-Vlada
11-24-2005, 07:14 PM
Kyle widened his eyes and lowered his head, looking at Kelso in great surprise.
"I'm not trying to die. I am trying to keep Yery and Jana away from..." Kyle suddenly stopped and remained silent for a few seconds. He didn't wish to tell what he knew about the Voice (It was fairly low knowledge but he had an idea on how might it work...). He knew what 'the Voice' can do to people. He studied it...
"All right." began Kyle after clearing his throat "I agree to help them develop it."
"But under one condition..." pointed out Kyle "That we also teach them to break it for a few seconds when required."
Kyle forwarded his hand.
"Agreed?"

jokemaster
11-24-2005, 07:28 PM
"Agreed." Kelso shook Kyle's hand.

"Anything you want to discuss?"

Vladimir-Vlada
11-24-2005, 07:34 PM
"Only one thing..." said Kyle "Why did you come with us?"

jokemaster
11-24-2005, 07:35 PM
"Vrook sent me along."

Vladimir-Vlada
11-24-2005, 07:36 PM
"Why?"

jokemaster
11-24-2005, 07:40 PM
"Same reason he sent you and Yery. To get rid of me."

Vladimir-Vlada
11-24-2005, 07:45 PM
"Why you?"

jokemaster
11-24-2005, 07:56 PM
"What else? Pissed him off. He was meeting some woman, I interrupted demanding to know what he was doing sending you on a suicide mission. He decided to use that as an excuse to get rid of me. Y'see, he's been trying to get rid of me. Vandar owes me one, so he's been covering for me. Vrook saw his opportunity, if I refuse to go on a mission, I get kicked out of the order. Either way he'd win. Which is why I want to prove him wrong now."

Vladimir-Vlada
11-25-2005, 09:28 AM
Who doesn't? thought Kyle.
"Well we should get some rest. We have to train these two. Good night." said Kyle.

jokemaster
11-25-2005, 11:18 AM
"Good night." He began walking away, and paused. "You're right to be cautious. They both have something in their mind that shouldn't be there. I asked Jana about the barrier. She didn't seem to know anything about it, but I think she may be wrong about that. Maybe not lying, I didn't sense that.....but repressing." He sighed. "To be honest, I'm scared that I may have already failed her. "

Vladimir-Vlada
11-25-2005, 02:03 PM
"You have failed her only if you say that. Meaning if you give up." Kyle reassured him and patted him on the back.
"You just have endure your patience, that's all." Kyle smiled.
"Now go and get some sleep. You'll need it... I'll get up as early as I can to wake you all up. See you." Kyle turned and went to the Cockpit, where he intended to sleep to keep an eye on the ship.

jokemaster
11-25-2005, 02:25 PM
Kelso decided to sleep in the lounge, where he'd be woken up by any sound from the girls' rooms.

Vladimir-Vlada
11-26-2005, 09:29 AM
Kyle clossed his eyes when he sat on the chair. And he downed into a pleasant sleep...

Kyle then heard wind. He opened his eyes and he saw that he was standing in the middle of the place where the gaint Force Winds were colliding. He didn't know what that was... But he knew that something was wrong. Through all those winds a gaint red wind approached him...
Omh Packhauhn Kyle heard the wind speak.
"I am not afraid of you." said Kyle confidently.
"Is that so?" asked wind. Kyle widened his eyes and realised: It is 'The Voice'.
"You are a threat. And I will stop you!" Kyle yelled drawing his white light sabre.
"Even if it would appear as... THIS?" yelled the wind and formed Yery and Jana in front of him. Kelso appeared out of nowhere beside him. Kyle couldn't believe what he was seeing. Kyle then saw Yery and Jana wear Sith robes and a grassy planet was in front of Kyle and Kelso. In the distance Yery and Jana were burining villages and slaying people along with a Red Force wind helping them. Kyle fell to the ground burying his face into his hands.
"This is you fault!" yelled Kelso. Suddenly Vrook appeared and said: "It happened again... Just like with the Padawans on Rhen Var!"
"It wasn't my fault! The Voice was too powerful! It came out!" yelled Kyle desperatley and wrecked in his defense. The Voice, Yery, Jana and many other Jedi Knights were killing everyone, while the Dark Lord Revan bombbed worlds and became the Ultimate Being.
"Only you can stop the voice from initating this slaughter that spreads through out Worlds." said Vrook, Vandar, Dorak and Kavar who were surrounding Kyle in a dark room.
"Why me?" yelled Kyle desperately.
"Because you let it out!"
Kyle turned to where the last voice was coming from and he saw Revan, Yery, Jana and the Dark Force Wind yell at him from the other side, surrounded by a red and disturbing light.
"I can't do that." said Kyle desperately. "The Voice is too powerful. There is no way to stop it when it goes in it's bloody crusade."
"But as much as the girls sound like a threat and Kelso sounds like he is useless. Ther is one last thing..."
"The key is held in many. Your companions hold that..."
Kyle heard the strange voice. He raised his head and said:
"That's it! They have the key to how to destroy it!" yelled Kyle.

Kyle suddenly woke up. He felt distrubed from the dream that had just taken place... Different from the nightmare he had since that about the Voice... Of the thing he had feared and suffered guilt every day. He got up and went into the lounge, Kelso was sleeping on a chair, legs up on the table. Kyle appraoched him and began slapping him lightly:
"Get up, Captin Navrain. It's morining and you have to discover new planets."
Captin Navrain was a early cartoon that many children liked to watch. About a lazy explorer that liked to drink. Navrain was very well recognised for the position when he sleeped: Lying in a chair and putting legs on the table. Kyle didn't watch cartoons, but he liked to make fun out of cartoons.

jokemaster
11-26-2005, 11:25 AM
Kelso opened his eyes.

"You seem disturbed." He said. "What happened?"

Vladimir-Vlada
11-26-2005, 12:38 PM
"I'm fine, but it's morning. Get up. We've got work to do." said Kyle reassuring.
Kyle made his way to the crew quarters where the girls were sleeping. He hitted the metal case with his light sabre, making them stir a bit.
"Rise and Shine sleeping beauties. We've got a lot of work to do and very little time to do it."

jokemaster
11-26-2005, 12:45 PM
Kelso stood up, and followed Kyle.

Writer
11-26-2005, 01:17 PM
Jana awoke instantly and stood.

"Good morning, Masters," she said pleasantly.

jokemaster
11-26-2005, 01:18 PM
"Hey, Jana. You ready?"

Writer
11-26-2005, 01:31 PM
Jana nodded. "Ready."

Vladimir-Vlada
11-26-2005, 06:21 PM
"All right, we're going to teach and tell you two how about something that Master Kelso and I believe that you are required to know about. Follow us to the Cargo Hold." Kyle went to the Cargo Hold.

Writer
11-26-2005, 08:49 PM
Jana glanced at Kelso before following Kyle to the cargo hold.

Tysyacha
11-27-2005, 06:14 PM
Yery nodded, having risen quickly out of bed to follow Kyle and Master
Kelso. The past night had not been eventful, silence giving her peace
instead of restless anxiety. She wondered what this mysterious secret
was that she and Jana were in urgent need of knowing. What could it be?

Exile. A soft voice, a command. Do you hear me, Yery?

Yery stopped dead cold. She thought that the voice she had heard
before could only be heard in her dreams, but apparently not. This
presence wanted to speak to her, even in the waking hours, though
it risked Yery spilling its secrets. Who was this soft-spoken phantom?

My name is Kreia, the voice replied. I am a Jedi Master,
though I have long since ceased taking Padawans. That is, until
you were so suddenly inducted into our hallowed Order. Tell me,
was it Master Vrook that sent you on this suicide mission, child?

"Must...keep...walking," whispered Yery as quietly as she could.
"Paying attention."

To the voice, however, she responded, Yes, it was. He banished all of us.

Not knowing who your enemies are, reproached Kreia, has cost you
dearly. Better is a rebuke from a friend than a kiss from one who would betray
you. You trusted Vrook with your life, child, and now look what he's done to you!
Jana has fallen unawares into his trap, like a gullible gizka. As for Kyle and Master
Kelso, they are threats to him, yet they do not know Lamar Vrook's
true nature.

What is it? Yery asked the voice, now known as Kreia, another Master.
Vrook's nature, I mean? Is it of the Dark Side? I've always suspected...

Not now, warned Kreia, but you shall learn it in due time. For now,
however, I want you to concentrate on the bond that you and this Jana share...

Bond? thought Yery, rather alarmed. What bond?

jokemaster
11-27-2005, 06:45 PM
They had arrived at the cargo hold. Kelso turned around and adressed the two apprentices.

"We've sensed a bond between you. Something rare for two persons who aren't blood-related and have known each other for such a short time, and we've decided that it's important for you to learn how to use this to your advantage."

He paused to let Kyle explain what they would do.

Vladimir-Vlada
11-27-2005, 06:45 PM
"Thank you, Master." aid Kyle and he stepped forward and began:
"As you may already know, bonds are formed between Masters and Padawans, and it takes quite sometimes to do it... But you two are not only Padawans, but you also developed the bond faster before you could say 'Ardroxian Flu'."
"Bonds are mostly things that could help you sense each other and maybe see what the other person sees. But in your case, you two can even sense each other thoughts. This can be either a gift... Or a curse. In our case we wish that it becomes a gift. So let's begin with..."

Kyle suddenly stopped. He heard someone else in Yery's thoughts The Voice Kyle thought. He then asked, clearing his throat: "So... Shall we begin?"

jokemaster
11-27-2005, 06:47 PM
((Posted at the same time...))

As Kyle explained, Kelso secretely communicated with him.

Heard it too?

Vladimir-Vlada
11-27-2005, 06:55 PM
Yes I heard it... It's here... It is calling... Kyle replied secretly.

"To improve the bond, you will first have learn to trust each other. That is the first and most important thing to do when developing a bond. I believe that there is no need to check if this isn't developed?" asked Kyle peculiar.

Tysyacha
11-28-2005, 12:57 AM
"You're right," said Yery, "and I do believe we need to check to see if we
do indeed have a Force Bond. Jana, are you willing to let me use one of
the few Force Powers that I know on you?" She raised an eyebrow.

"As long as it's beneficial," said Jana with a wry smile, "then you sure may!"

(Sorry for the character control here, Jana, but I wanted to do something
rather interesting with this 'trust each other' exercise. :) Now we continue...)

Yery thrust her arms into a Jedi pose as the Burst of Speed Force Power
flowed through her. If she and Jana Drake did indeed have a Force Bond
between them, and also if Yery did have the Dvukhsotniy ability,
then Jana would not only start moving faster, she would be traveling at
Master Speed, since Jana already knew the basic Burst of Speed Power.

Yery's theory was correct! Jana moved throughout the vessel as a blur
of color, whizzing ultra-fast as she tried to maneuver around obstacles.

"Whoops!" Jana suddenly crashed into B3-D3, the startled protocol droid,
and the resulting collision drew a long gash across the Padawan's arm. It
was bleeding, and Yery immediately felt her stomach fall into her shoes.

"I'm sorry, Jana!" Yery cried, rushing to help her comrade, who had fallen
backward after stumbling into B3-D3. "Let me get you to the medbay."

"Yery, it's okay," said Jana. "You don't need to do that. I--" But too late.
If the Padawan had been on the surface of a gravitational planet with
hospitals instead of aboard the Krasnaya, she would have had to
receive stitches for the gash she'd acquired. Yery knew this already, and
that was why she lay Jana down on the metallic cot inside the medbay.

"I hope and pray that the Masters won't hear this." Jana's eyes grew wide.

Yery continued, "I've sensed something--through the Force, faintly, barely
a hint. You have some skills that I don't have, and they are Force Powers.
Jana--let me feed you, please, and take back the vitality that the accident
stole from you. I don't know much about life, or about the Force, being a
lowly Padawan with weak skills at a lightsaber. However, I do know that
I trust you, even though you might not trust me. Will you--this once?"

Fearful and yet yearning to reach out to Yery, Jana stretched her hand
forward and used a certain Force Power upon her. One that the Jedi
would call evil, yet one that the Sith called their bread and butter.

Drain Life.

Yery smiled and hugged Jana once the deed was done. "If the donor
of a draw, as I like to call it, is willing and wants to heal its recipient,
can that be of the Dark Side if the donor doesn't know the Cure power?"

Writer
11-28-2005, 01:46 AM
"I hope not," Jana answered quietly. She glanced around. "You must tell noone of this... exchange. And now that you have given me through my taking what was not mine to take, have a little added energy, yourself."

Jana stretched out her right hand, waving it vaguely in Yery's direction. As she did so, she murmured a few words in a strange language. Soon, Yery felt more strength return to her than had been taken. And Jana seemed no different.

"Vrook says I learn too quickly," she whispered. The thought seemed to amuse her and she gestured for Yery to follow her back to where the Masters were waiting.

Vladimir-Vlada
11-28-2005, 06:37 AM
Hmmm...The voice is gone, and there was only one this time. We'll see if it comes back. thought and communicated Kyle with Master Kelso. Suddenly Yery entered, Kyle relieved began:
"Oh, there you are. I was a bit worried tha..."
Kyle jumped in surprise when he saw Jana bleeding
"What the hell happened to you?!" asked Kyle surprised.

jokemaster
11-28-2005, 11:12 AM
Kelso's reaction was contained, but his eyes betrayed his shock. He did, however notice one thing Kyle did not. The wound seemed to have healed partially, but there were no marks of bacta or stitches. He decided not to tell Kyle yet. He'd ask Jana about it first, before raising Kyle's suspicions even higher.

Writer
11-28-2005, 11:34 AM
"Just had a little too much fun," Jana said, subconsciously putting a hand to her arm. "It's nothing."

jokemaster
11-28-2005, 11:37 AM
"Are you sure?" Asked Kelso

Writer
11-28-2005, 11:52 AM
Jana stared at him and while he watched, her arm healed completely. "Yeah, I'm sure."

jokemaster
11-28-2005, 12:03 PM
Kelso nodded. "All right."

Writer
11-28-2005, 12:12 PM
"Something bothering you?" Jana asked Kelso, still staring at him.

jokemaster
11-28-2005, 12:15 PM
"An injury in your arm could impair your ability to fight." He said. "It can also develop an infection, rendering you effectively defenseless."

Writer
11-28-2005, 12:35 PM
"Did you not notice the cut is gone?" Jana asked, holding her arm up for him to see. "Completely gone."

jokemaster
11-28-2005, 01:39 PM
Kelso examined the wound. It had indeed healed completely.

"So you know how to heal wounds then?"

Writer
11-28-2005, 01:42 PM
"Among other things," Jana answered.

jokemaster
11-28-2005, 01:48 PM
"That will be useful." Said Kelso. This time, however, he did sense a lie. "Just on yourself or on other people too?"

Writer
11-28-2005, 02:26 PM
"Others also," Jana answered. She tilted her head to one side and continued to stare at him. "You're suspicious."

jokemaster
11-28-2005, 02:45 PM
Kelso shrugged. "It's a skill far above your level. You told us you were advanced, but I don't think you're that advanced."

jokemaster
11-28-2005, 02:55 PM
((Vlad, the wound had already healed))

Vladimir-Vlada
11-28-2005, 03:08 PM
((Sorry, I just noticed))

"Well be careful next time, or I'll make sure that it doesn't repeat again." Kyle pointed out.

Tysyacha
11-28-2005, 03:15 PM
Yery desperately wanted to change the subject. She hated concealing
information from the Jedi Masters, and especially lying in order to further
that concealment. However, if Master Kelso and Kyle knew about Jana's
secret, they would surely chastise her for using Drain Life upon Yery.
Even though Jana only did so at Yery's insistence, Dark Powers were
forbidden to all Jedi. Perhaps exile was now a fitting punishment for them both...

Vladimir-Vlada
11-28-2005, 03:18 PM
Kyle noticed that Yery didn't seem to be comfortable. He rasied an eye at her and turned to her:
"Is something wrong?"

Writer
11-28-2005, 03:57 PM
Jana glanced at Yery and said, "If I had to say, it's probably how advanced I am... up to now, none of you knew what I could do... what I can do."

Tysyacha
11-28-2005, 04:24 PM
(See you Wednesday, everyone! Business trip! :))

Vladimir-Vlada
11-28-2005, 04:26 PM
((Have a nice trip. Hopefully, we will figure out what to do while you are away.))

Writer
11-30-2005, 12:43 PM
"Stunned speechless, aren't you?" Jana said with a smile after a very long silence.

((In other words, speak up! :p ))

Vladimir-Vlada
11-30-2005, 03:06 PM
((Hold your horses. :p ))

Kyle arched an eyebrow towards Jana:
"'How advanced you are?' You better get rid of that attitude or you are in for big trobule."

Writer
11-30-2005, 03:16 PM
"It's not an attitude," Jana answered patiently. "I'm a quick learner and I know more than the average student my age. I just healed my own arm, or did you not notice that? I'm in less trouble now than I was when we left and I'll be in less still after further training."

She shrugged. "So now it's up to you. Are you going to be as suspicious of me as the Masters or are you going to train me further, faster?"

Vladimir-Vlada
11-30-2005, 03:26 PM
"If you believe that I am suspicious about you then you are wrong." said Kyle coldly "You might be advanced; but that doesn't mean that you can think of yourself only in that way."
"You must endure modesty." began Kyle "Or you will become just like the Jedi Masters: Vicious, Disrespectful, Proud and Arrogant. You must remember this." he ended coldly.

Writer
11-30-2005, 03:29 PM
Jana's eyes widened slightly. "I meant no disrespect, Master Kyle," she said quietly. "A fault of mine is that words come too quickly from my mouth. Forgive me."

She bowed her head slightly, looking at the ground.

Vladimir-Vlada
11-30-2005, 03:51 PM
"Well, acctuely, I should be apologising to you; instead of you to me." Said Kyle and patted her on the shoulder "I apologise."
"So, shall we get under way?"

Writer
11-30-2005, 03:54 PM
Jana nodded, looking as if she still felt she should've apologized and was glad she did. "Yes."

Vladimir-Vlada
11-30-2005, 03:59 PM
"Good. Now since it is obvious that you two trust each other a lot and that you have developped the bond quite well if you ask me; I suggest that we start with sharing some emotions: Calmless and Hope are the only two I think that you should try to learn to share when required. First of all, you will need to learn to communicate with each other first. Let's begin: First, close your eyes."

Tysyacha
12-01-2005, 06:45 PM
Yery closed her eyes, hoping that neither Master Kelso nor Kyle Soran had
noticed Jana's reticence and reluctance to reveal anything more about the
"exchange" in regards to her wound. Instead of concentrating on this, even
though her mind so desperately wanted to do so, Yery focused upon the
lesson at hand. What would Kyle teach her and her Padawan friend now?

Vladimir-Vlada
12-01-2005, 07:31 PM
"Now, try to remember something that makes you feel strange and very intense, Yery."

Vladimir-Vlada
12-02-2005, 03:34 PM
"Jana, do you know what is Yery thinking?"

Tysyacha
12-02-2005, 04:22 PM
Yery let herself feel intensity, feel passion, feel all of the emotions that
the Jedi Code warned against. "There is no passion, there is serenity,"
it stated. However, the young Padawan let all of that go for a moment.

She remembered the last time she felt such strong feelings that they
almost took control of her, forcing her hand in a desperate situation.
Before she had entered the Jedi Enclave upon Dantooine, she had
been part of a group of teenage female smugglers. The Silver
Streaks, they were called, and they were captured on that
same planet where the Jedi hid themselves from Sith vision.

At this time, Yery was being interrogated by one of the Jedi's
protocol droids. She had been presented with a hard bargain:

"At this present time, I have gathered the information that you
are not the leader of this smuggler gang. Do you agree, prisoner?"

"That's true," Yery replied sadly. "I am not the ringleader." She had
tried to keep her voice cold and detached, but Yery had failed miserably.
"I am merely a confidante and assistant of those who do lead the Streaks."

"Then perhaps you will deign to tell me the identity of said ringleader." A
pause from the droid, which Yery thought uncharacteristically human. "If
you reveal the name of the female who leads the gang, you will receive
only one year in prison. Hard labor will not be required of you. However,
if you do not, you will receive five years, and you will be put to work."

Yery shut her eyes, wishing, praying, hoping that this was all a bad dream.
"I cannot tell you her name," she had told the droid. "Even I only know her
pseudonym, but I cannot tell you that. I don't want her to come to harm."

Then the young girl had done something she knew she shouldn't have. Ever.
She stunned the protocol droid with a rudimentary form of Stun, the basis
for the true Force Power that she would eventually learn. The droid shattered
into metal fragments, and Yery turned on her Stealth Generator and slunk away.

That was why Vrook always doubted her. That was the true reason for her exile!

Vladimir-Vlada
12-02-2005, 04:37 PM
Kyle saw that Yery had started to shake. He came to her quickly and shook her:
"Yery! Yery! Wake up! Are you all right?"

Tysyacha
12-02-2005, 04:44 PM
Yery was startled back to reality by the sound of Kyle's voice.
"Oh, yes, yes! I only hope I haven't done Jana any harm by
showing her my thoughts." She glanced at her red-haired
colleague. "Is she all right, Master Soran?"

Writer
12-02-2005, 05:35 PM
Jana had dropped to her knees at seeing Yery's thoughts, but she now stood quickly. "I'm fine, Yery. Thank you for your concern." Her voice was emotionless as was her face.

Vladimir-Vlada
12-02-2005, 06:24 PM
We really have to train them individually communicated Kyle with Master Kelso.
"You are both unstable. You should ready yourselves first and then we will think of training your bond."

jokemaster
12-02-2005, 08:03 PM
Agreed.

Kelso looked concerned. "Jana, come with me."

Writer
12-02-2005, 08:20 PM
Jana nodded obediently and said, "Lead the way."

Vladimir-Vlada
12-02-2005, 08:28 PM
"All right." said Kyle clapping his hands. "Now, let's see what you can do with the Force." began Kyle "First, try and pull that cyllinder over there towards you." said Kyle pointing at the cyllinder in the corner.

jokemaster
12-02-2005, 08:35 PM
Kelso led Jana back into the lounge. He made sure there was no one listening, and spoke quietly.

"I know you're lying to me." He said simply.

Writer
12-03-2005, 07:40 PM
"In reference to what?" Jana asked, hardly seeming surprised by the question.

jokemaster
12-03-2005, 07:59 PM
"About knowing how to heal yourself, and what happened back there." A pause, and Kelso continued on a gamble and a hunch. "And about the barrier in your mind."

Writer
12-03-2005, 08:37 PM
"I didn't lie about learning quickly," Jana said quietly. "But your guess about the barrier is correct. I do know of it." She paused. "What's your interest in it? What it hides? My past. I've not been living long. I am only as old as I appear to be. But in those sixteen years, I have experienced more than anyone my age will know in a lifetime."

A look of pain passed through her eyes, but was quickly banished as her face became once more emotionless.

"Knowing how to heal myself was simple," she went on. "I've seen Masters do it during training... creating simple scratches and using the Force to heal them. I've been to the healers for more serious injuries. I felt what they were doing and imitated it the next time I got hurt." She shrugged. It really isn't that difficult."

jokemaster
12-03-2005, 08:39 PM
"What happened to you?" Asked Kelso.

Writer
12-03-2005, 08:40 PM
Jana winced visibly. "I don't want to talk about it."

jokemaster
12-03-2005, 08:47 PM
Kelso nodded. "All right. I respect that. So why don't you tell me what else you have learned."

Writer
12-03-2005, 08:52 PM
"Anything I've seen Masters do," Jana answered. She winced again. "Even some... darker things."

jokemaster
12-03-2005, 09:11 PM
Kelso sighed. "Tell me some of the darker things. And don't worry. I'm not going to throw you out of the airlock or have exiled. I just need to know."

Writer
12-03-2005, 09:22 PM
"I don't..." Jana began. Then, she sighed. "Alright, but I couldn't tell you any specific names. There's what's like lightning coming from my hand." She demonstrated with a surprising lack of emotion, sending the blue bolts into the floor. "Choke, which I won't demonstrate. I've learned to drain the life energy and Force energy from any living thing. I won't demonstrate that either."

She fell into a thoughtful silence. "Those are the main ones, but they aren't the worst. There's something else... it basically crushes the thing I focus on..." She lifted a small stool with the Force and quickly closed her hand. There was a very loud noise and the stool was flattened as if a very heavy ship had just been set down on top of it.

"There's something that works far slower than the drain I told you of earlier," she went on. "It causes a great deal of pain and a very slow death." She shuddered. "But though I know how to do it, I am very reluctant to do so." Another shiver ran down her spine. "I think from my description, you may understand why."

jokemaster
12-03-2005, 09:26 PM
Kelso nodded. Training her was going to be hard. He'd only trained one apprentice, a long time ago. Now he had one that knew a lot of things she shouldn't....or perhaps that wasn't the correct word.

"Do you feel anything when you use them?"

Writer
12-03-2005, 09:31 PM
Jana nodded. "Pain. Pain of the one I use them on. Pain because I'm using them. Sorrow that there seems to be no other way to accomplish what must be done."

jokemaster
12-03-2005, 09:39 PM
"That's good. I don't sense evil in you. There's some darkness, yes. But knowing how to do those things will do it to you. Now, who did you see using those powers?"

Writer
12-03-2005, 09:41 PM
Jana hesitated. She wasn't sure she wanted to tell him.

jokemaster
12-03-2005, 09:48 PM
"This is very important." Said Kelso, sensing her hesitation. "We're in this together now."

Writer
12-03-2005, 09:51 PM
Tears began to form in Jana's eyes. "My... my father..." And she began crying softly.

jokemaster
12-03-2005, 09:58 PM
Kelso was shocked by the answer, but didn't show it. He put an arm around Jana to comfort her, and tried to send reassurance through the force.

Writer
12-03-2005, 09:59 PM
His reassurance was mixed with his shock and Jana felt both through the Force. She pulled away and stared up at him, brushing the tears out of her eyes. "I've surprised you."

jokemaster
12-04-2005, 05:01 PM
"You have. Not just your history but your skills too. When I came, you said you were advanced, but I didn't know how far ahead." He smiled. "You're farther ahead than I thought you were. To be honest, I don't even know how to begin teaching you, so I'm asking you: What area do you think you need to work on?"

Vladimir-Vlada
12-04-2005, 05:08 PM
"Well, Yery." began Kyle "Since it seems like that you don't wish to practise levitation, then let's proceed to something else. What do you believe that are your strongest amongst Force Powers?"

Tysyacha
12-04-2005, 05:46 PM
"My best Force Powers?" asked Yery. "Without a doubt, they are
Heal, Burst of Speed, and Stasis. I'm also rather good at Throw
Lightsaber, since I let the Force do all of the work there instead
of me. Would you like a demonstration, Master Soran?"

At a pleased nod from Kyle, Yery threw her emerald Consular's saber.

The blade whirled effortlessly into a trash receptacle, vaporizing both
it and the crumpled paper contents inside. "I'll pay for that," said Yery.
"Although, I do think that this Force Power would be a lot more effective
if I could master the double blades." She sighed wistfully. "The saberstaff!"

Writer
12-04-2005, 06:45 PM
Jana frowned thoughtfully. Finally, she said, "I can fight what I see easily. But the Force allows some to vanish," as she said this, she disappeared from sight and her disembodied voice continued. "Though I can accomplish this also, I cannot fight those who have done it." She reappeared. "I can't sense them in the Force like I should."

Vladimir-Vlada
12-04-2005, 06:54 PM
Kyle stood shocked at the sight he had just seen. The lightsabre turned an enitre trash receptacle into scattered atoms and molecules.
"Well... That was impressive, I must say." began Kyle after calming himself down "Although your skill is impressive, you have to learn to control its devestating power... Or maybe I am wrong: The devestating power is the direct outcome of you being able to control it. So we'll begin with Healing first. Are you ready?"

jokemaster
12-04-2005, 08:55 PM
"We'll work on that." Said Kelso. He disappeared, his voice seemed to come at Jana from all directions.

"Concentrate. Open yourself fully to the force, and trust your instincts. Try to find me."

Kelso carefully guided her with the force, showing her how.

Tysyacha
12-04-2005, 10:50 PM
Yery nodded. "At your command, Master Soran."

((Note: I will be going on a business trip tomorrow, but I should
be back Tuesday night. I've been a road-trip junkie lately!))

Writer
12-05-2005, 01:11 AM
True to what she'd said before, Jana learned quickly. It didn't take more than a minute for her to locate him. The second time they tried, she cut that time in half. The third time, she found him almost instantly.

jokemaster
12-05-2005, 01:21 AM
"Good." Commented Kelso after the third time. "You learn fast."

Writer
12-05-2005, 01:41 AM
"Thank you, master," Jana said quietly. The smug self-confidence she'd shown before did not show itself now. She sounded surprisingly subdued.

jokemaster
12-05-2005, 02:59 PM
"All right, now we go for something harder."

He opened a box full of small training drones and grabbed a handful.

"Now you'll have to defend yourself against invisible enemies. Ready?"

Writer
12-05-2005, 03:12 PM
Jana hesitated before nodding slowly.

jokemaster
12-05-2005, 03:18 PM
"All right then."

He activated the drones and threw them into the air. As soon as they left his hand, they disappeared. He stood back, and watched.

Writer
12-06-2005, 07:05 PM
After several minutes of work with the remotes, Jana managed to find them all. She'd been hit several times, but was now to the point where none of the remotes were hitting her, even after they'd moved. She could still keep track of where they were. One by one, she deflected their bolts back at them, deactivating them.

jokemaster
12-06-2005, 07:32 PM
After all the drones were deactivated, Kelso picked them up.

"That's good. You're learning fast." He said. "Do you feel the difference now?"

Writer
12-06-2005, 07:40 PM
Jana nodded wordlessly.

jokemaster
12-06-2005, 07:45 PM
"Good. You're progressing well. Do you want a rest?"

Writer
12-06-2005, 07:46 PM
"No," Jana answered quietly. "I'd best not."

jokemaster
12-06-2005, 07:55 PM
Kelso smiled. That was the answer he'd been looking for.

"All right, let's see how fast you find them this time."

That time he grabbed two handfuls. He wanted to measure her progress.

Writer
12-06-2005, 08:02 PM
After the first test, Jana found it significantly easier to locate the remotes. She'd deactivated all of them in just under two minutes, often catching two or three with the same deflected bolt as it would skim just over or just under or just around one and do the same with another before embedding itself in the third.

jokemaster
12-06-2005, 08:16 PM
Kelso picked up the remotes again, and frowned.

"We're going to need to get that time down to under a minute."

Writer
12-06-2005, 08:23 PM
"Yes, Master," Jana said obediently. "Again, then."

jokemaster
12-06-2005, 08:27 PM
Kelso re-activated the drones, and stepped back to watch again.

Vladimir-Vlada
12-07-2005, 08:58 AM
"Now, you see, the way Healing functions it is like a blessing from another person. You have to understand or feel the pain the person is experiencing, and you have to know that puring his or her emotions will help them heal. You have to focus on that wound. Let me demonstrate."

Kyle took of his metal glove that was attached to his armor. He pulled a little dagger from his belt and cut his hand a bit on th top side. He forwarded the hand to Yery.

"Try and heal it."

Tysyacha
12-07-2005, 03:28 PM
Yery was horrified. She had seen injured people before--and she had often
been injured many times herself!--but never had she seen someone wound
himself on purpose in order to test her, to train her. She breathed hard.

"Blood doesn't make me feel faint," said Yery, "or at least not normally."
She saw the grimace on Kyle's face and felt a deep pain in her gut.
Indeed, she understood his pain, and she also understood how much
control and courage it must have taken Kyle to wound himself for her.

Yery put both of her hands on his, surrounding his palm in a cup of heat.
Silently asking the Force to guide her, Yery counted seconds. "One, one
thousand, two, one thousand..." She felt Kyle's blood start to get sticky.

Vladimir-Vlada
12-07-2005, 03:44 PM
Kyle removed his hand and saw the wound form a sticky layer of blood. He watched it for a second, trying to sustain the pain that was released a few seconds ago, but instead of saying 'Ow' he shivered noticably.

"Good." commented Kyle and put his metal glove back on.
"Now we will see how good are you with stasis."
"The first thing you must know about stasis." began Kyle "Is to know on which parts of the body to focus on and put presure on. This will cause the person or animal to hold still, unable to move. Those parts of the body are like weak points: everyone has them and applying presure to them, affects the person entirely. You can locate those parts of the body by trying to feel it. It's no that hard."
Kyle spread his hands for a moment and put them behind his back.
"Try it on me and hold the presure for a few minutes. Just please don't do it for too long."

Tysyacha
12-07-2005, 03:55 PM
Yery closed her eyes and focused on what she thought were Kyle's
'pressure points'. "The radial arteries," she thought to herself. "Five
seconds should do it, but what if I squeeze too hard?" She was afraid.

Then she remembered the words of the Jedi Code, taught to her only
a short time ago as part of her training: "There is no emotion, there is peace."

She reached out through the Force and squeezed, but gently. For five
seconds, Yery concentrated, hoping that Kyle wasn't just standing there
to encourage her. She hoped his hands were pinned, and not just resting.

Vladimir-Vlada
12-07-2005, 04:14 PM
Kyle halted himself for a while and he thought that maybe he could move. But when he tried he couldn't, he couldn't move, speak or breath. After 5 seconds he caught his breath.

"Very good, Yery." complimented Kyle.

"Now let's see if you can release the Force and hold me tight for 10 seconds, but that you don't stand in one position. If you manage to make me hold still and come and hit me in torso, you have then imrpoved Stasis to a very high level. Try it."

Tysyacha
12-07-2005, 04:46 PM
Yery squeezed Kyle once again, this time near his belly. It was
primarily the torso she wanted to keep still, and she knew the
solar plexus area of any individual was vulnerable. The young
Padawan counted to ten, by thousands as was legitimate, and
strode up to Kyle, slapping his belly with a not-very-hard punch.

"How was that?" she asked after releasing him. Then, revealing
a fear of hers about the Stasis power, she asked, "If I squeeze
too hard, or in anger like the Sith do, could this kill you, Master?"

Vladimir-Vlada
12-07-2005, 04:51 PM
Kyle laughed and smiled.
"Nonsense. You didn't do anything wrong. Besides, I just showed you how to do it that's all." he said cleaning the dust off of his robes "And no, Force Stasis is not Force Crush or Choke. You can only hold the bones together; the individual only won't be able to move."

"Now." began Kyle "We will try and see how can you use burst of speed."
Kyle turned around and moved away a bit from Yery. He moved a part of his robes away and pulled out his white light sabre, turning around.
"Now initiate Force Speed and see if you can knock my light sabre out of my hand."

Tysyacha
12-07-2005, 05:08 PM
Uggh. Force Speed. This, out of all tests, was the one Yery dreaded.

She had never been agile as a child, not being able to run and play as fast with
the other children her age. As a result, Yery had turned more to datapads,
learning as much as she could about the world around her and the Force.

Is this cheating? Yery whispered, "Dvukhsotniy!", and rushed forward.

Vladimir-Vlada
12-07-2005, 05:13 PM
"No, it's not." said Kyle calmly while Yery rushed towards him.
He stepped with one leg backwards and slashed his light sabre to the left and blocked Yery's forward attack.

Tysyacha
12-07-2005, 05:25 PM
Yery, her senses heightened by Kyle's block, whirled around and tried
to grab Kyle's lightsaber out of his left hand, but the weapon proved
elusive. She quickly released Stasis on his wrist, and the lightsaber fell.

The young Padawan picked it up, glad that at least something worked.

Vladimir-Vlada
12-07-2005, 05:29 PM
Kyle was caught in great surprise at what he just experienced. How come I didn't think of that he thought. He then forwarded his hand and Yery gave him the lightsabre.
"Uh... Let's try now, without Force Speed."

He moved a few steps back and twirled the light sabre in clockwise circles; left, right and then he lowered himself to his right holding the sabre with his both hands.

Tysyacha
12-07-2005, 05:45 PM
Yery rushed forward, but it was at this moment that Kyle realized Yery's "rush"
was more like a slow jog. All that the girl had to rely on now was the hidden
power in her wrists and the strength of her will. Would she pass this challenge?

Grab the metal part of the lightsaber, not the blade! Yery told herself.
She grabbed hold of the metal handle of Kyle's lightsaber, warm from its
Master's hands, and began to pull. And pull. And pull harder. She thought
that maybe Kyle had learned how to defend against her Stasis trick, but
if that were true, what could she do now? She thought she'd heard of a
Force Power that would pull an out-of-reach saber to a user, and she tried it.

It didn't work. She could feel the Force tugging toward her, but the saber
remained firmly in Kyle's hands. "Chyort, chyort," she grumbled. "Why
won't this work? I thought it was supposed to pull a lightsaber toward you."