PDA

View Full Version : Sith Soldier Skin Problem

The Doctor
11-25-2005, 09:23 PM
I'm on Taris, and every time I see a Sith soldier, he looks like this:
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/8736/kotor00005os.png
What could the problem be?

My specs are (I don't know which ones are relevant, so I'll just list everything I can find):
Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
Activation Status: Activation Pending [13 days remaining]
System Name: @#$%@#
System Manufacturer: INTEL
System Model: P4l45Gx_PE
System Type: X86-based PC
Processor: x86 Family Family 15 Model 3 Stepping 4 GenuineIntel~2392 MHz
BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc. P3.00, 6/1/2004
SMBIOS Version: 2.3
Windows Directory: C:\\Windows
System Directory: C:\\Windows\system 32
Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale: United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer: Verison = "5.1.2600.2180 [xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158]
Username: @#$%@#\Owner
Time Zone: Eatern Standard Time
Total Physical Memory: 512.00 MB
Available Physical Memory: 309.75 MB
Total Virual Memory: 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory: 1.96 GB
Page File Space: 1.20 GB
Page File: C:\\pagefile.sys
I'm not sure where to find my graphics card specs, but I think it's a 64MB, and it came with the computer, so it's probably an INTEL.
I can't check the image file itself, as KOTOR Tool won't open anything.

Emperor Devon
11-25-2005, 10:22 PM
Hmmm... with very old graphics cards, some skins and other things in KOTOR will not work properly. You said you have a 64 MB card? That's a very old one. This is a skin you downloaded, right? Not how the Sith look naturally?

Also, you might want to have posted this at Holowan. That's where modding is discussed.

The Doctor
11-25-2005, 10:35 PM
I didn't download any skins. This is how it displays the normal Sith soldier skin.
My Override folder is empty, BTW, excpt for a few mods that I know are unrelated. Trust me, they're unrelated to skins.
This has nothing to do with mods. That's why I put it here ;)

Emperor Devon
11-26-2005, 12:48 AM
Hmmm... was it always like that? Or has it just started?

Next, do you have a file named N_SithSoldier01 or N_SithSoldier03 in your override?

The Doctor
11-26-2005, 10:08 AM
It has always been that way since I got a new computer upstairs.
I have no skins named N_SithSoldier in their, but I do have two called T7_chrome and T7_chrome1. Could they be the problem?
I'm also wondering if it could be my drivers. I will update them (if I can figure out how - I may be a Time Lord, but Earth technology is outrageously confusing).

EDIT: I jsut tryed upgradeing my graphics drivers, but their was no update available. Should I roll back?

Emperor Devon
11-26-2005, 12:58 PM
No, the T7 files aren't your problem. I think I know what it is know. After looking at the files for the Sith soldier skins in KOTOR tool, that's actually how they look naturally. However, a baremetal texture is applied that causes them to look shiny. Most graphics cards can handle it, but in your case, your graphics card isn't quite good enough. However, all is not lost! Go the workbench, and post your problem there; there is probably a means to solve it.

The Doctor
11-26-2005, 01:01 PM
Thank you, Devon. Your help will not go forgotten when the day of your trial in front of the Time Lords comes.

Emperor Devon
11-26-2005, 02:54 PM
Trial? I am the Dark Lord of the Sith! No one trials me! My power surpasses that of the Time Lords so greatly that no one save I can even imagine it!

The Doctor
11-26-2005, 03:08 PM
The Time Lords will always exist. You cannot avoid their judgment. You will be stopped, Devon.