PDA

View Full Version : Why is Vader crying?

RaV™
12-03-2005, 01:17 PM
After Vader slaughters the remaining Confederate leaders they show him overlooking the lava river on Mustafar, but you can tell he's crying by the tears that are running down his face, but why is he crying? I would like for everyone's opinion..

Darth_Terros
12-03-2005, 01:21 PM
The overwhelming emotion of finally fully embracing the darkside?

RobQel-Droma
12-03-2005, 06:17 PM
Maybe he is kind of having a "LS moment" and is upset over all the things he has done, and how he is gone too far.

Other than that, it would have to be either what Terros said, or maybe a Seperatist kicked him in the nads and he is still feeling it (couldn't resist :lol: ).

Commander Obi-Wan
12-03-2005, 06:43 PM
Or maybe me misses Padme?

SirLancelot
12-03-2005, 08:13 PM
I think it's inner conflict. He doesn't want to embrace the dark side, but he feels he has no choice. The good within him is telling him to stop, but he cannot.

El Sitherino
12-03-2005, 08:19 PM
I think it's inner conflict. He doesn't want to embrace the dark side, but he feels he has no choice. The good within him is telling him to stop, but he cannot.
^

He knows what he's doing is wrong, but he "must" to save Padme.

Pho3nix
12-08-2005, 02:21 PM
I believe his in conflict, and misses Padmé.

The Doctor
12-08-2005, 05:16 PM
I never noticed him crying, to be honest.
If he was, it's probably (like SirLancelot said) the conflict between the good in him and Darth Vader.

Redtech
12-10-2005, 07:45 AM
Anyway, if anything, he should be moaning at doing the Star Wars equivalent of a high school massacre. Not killing the enemy. I mean, would you cry if you single handed wiped out the Iraqi insurgancy?

The Doctor
12-10-2005, 09:44 AM
^Yes. I will never do anything that helps Bush.

Jeff
12-10-2005, 12:38 PM
He knows what he is doing is wrong but he knows that it is the only way he can save Padme, and he cares about her more than a bunch of seperatist leaders and everybody else he killed.

Astrotoy7
12-11-2005, 09:40 AM
I never noticed him crying, to be honest.
If he was, it's probably (like SirLancelot said) the conflict between the good in him and Darth Vader.

"conflict" is definitely the important word here... remember ROTJ

Luke: ..."I feel the good in you...the conflict"
Vader: "There is no conflict..."

Later on..

Vader: "Tell your sister, you were right about me...."

mtfbwya

Redtech
12-13-2005, 07:32 AM
Wah wah wah. I would have cried killing the best black guy in Star Wars history.
-----------------------
Hey, Doctor, are you a Brit? New Dr Who's on Christmas!

Kurgan
12-13-2005, 02:02 PM
After Vader slaughters the remaining Confederate leaders they show him overlooking the lava river on Mustafar, but you can tell he's crying by the tears that are running down his face, but why is he crying? I would like for everyone's opinion..

He's sad because he's run out of people to kill and the fun's over! He's a psychopath...

Cercueil
12-13-2005, 07:51 PM
if you have to ask why he was crying then, well, you wouldnt understand it without a lot of psychobabble.

however:
ever do something then when you reach a certain point it hits you like a ton of bricks that you just fudged up, but also not knowing how to correct it or even knowing if you want to correct it? he was having one of those moments.

MachineCult
12-14-2005, 08:45 AM
It's the same reason that Jack Bauer is crying in his car at the end of 24 season 3(?)

Astrotoy7
12-17-2005, 10:22 AM
It's the same reason that Jack Bauer is crying in his car at the end of 24 season 3(?)

because he is tired ??? :p

mtfbwya

PoiuyWired
12-17-2005, 03:49 PM
Well, its a hot, dusty planet... and the air smells like onions.

Darth_Extas
12-17-2005, 04:03 PM
I Agree with Commander Obi-Won because if Padme had died. Anakin felt a loss for her and was overwhelmed by emotions.

Cercueil
12-22-2005, 01:51 PM
she hadnt died by that point in the film. in fact, she was on her way to Mustafar.

Redtech
12-27-2005, 07:42 AM
He probably realises that "making wookie" is going to be out of the question for him.

Sabretooth
01-01-2006, 12:52 AM
Vaderski isn't crying. (Atleast I didn't notice any tears, though the focus of that moment was on his eyes)

But if he is, it is prolly because he has had to kill onion-skinned aliens.

master_skywalke
01-03-2006, 09:39 AM
Vaderski isn't crying. (Atleast I didn't notice any tears, though the focus of that moment was on his eyes)

LOL! Vader is crying, you need to what very closely. If the copy you have and/or seen is just a bad-quality copy I suggest you to buy the DVD.
Off-topic: Is it me or get all of Jaden25 threads closed :D

MachineCult
01-03-2006, 03:12 PM

lol, yeah so why have all these people been posting explanations? Of course he was crying.
You don't even have to watch closely skywalke, it's pretty obvious.

Nedak
01-04-2006, 06:55 PM
Maybe he was sad about Padme dying. Or maybe he just has to go to the bathroom really badly and Sidious won't let him..

Darth Alec
01-06-2006, 04:19 PM
Maybe he was sad about Padme dying. Or maybe he just has to go to the bathroom really badly and Sidious won't let him..

LOL, that must be the answer.

Lord Neradas
01-07-2006, 09:21 PM
Or maybe that's what he feels inside.The friends he had betrayed and the innocents he had to kill....Won't any of you-even if you were Sith-stop and think at least for second about what you've done? Because there'll always be an Inner Fire within all of us-a never-ending Battle between our own Light and Dark Sides.

popcorn2008
01-07-2006, 10:26 PM

Ummm... he was crying before padme died. Were talking after he killed the seperatists leaders. He is crying becuase like LIAYD said, he knows what he is doing and he knows its wrong but he has done way to much to turn back now. Imagine living your whole life the good boy but then spontaneously killing a whole ton of people just to be able to save the person you love.

KenobiChronicle
01-07-2006, 10:44 PM
Because He Forgot to Shut off his computer before leaving home lololololol

edlib
01-07-2006, 11:26 PM
Uhhhh... I'm pretty sure this is explained in detail in the commentary to the DVD.

George Lucas states that it's the first time that he's had a chance to think about what he's really gotten himself into, and although he's trying to fool himself into rationalizing his decisions, he knows that what he has done is wrong. But he also knows he is trapped on an evil path he can't escape from.

Darth_Death
01-08-2006, 03:40 PM
i think hes crying not only cause he cares about padme but also cause he like choked her to death with his anger

MachineCult
01-08-2006, 09:18 PM
He used force choke after she had landed she wasn't even on the planet when he was crying.

Darth_Death
01-08-2006, 09:55 PM
He used force choke after she had landed she wasn't even on the planet when he was crying.

this threads talking about when he killed confedarate leaders on mustfar (crying at the same time) padme and anikan (vader) were on the same planet

ha ha ha i proved u wrong instead of u proving me wrong :)

Kurgan
01-08-2006, 10:44 PM
"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds left to conquer."

Nedak
01-08-2006, 10:50 PM
^ Heh?

Darth_Death
01-09-2006, 04:38 PM
"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds left to conquer."

what does that have to do with anything

MachineCult
01-09-2006, 06:14 PM
this threads talking about when he killed confedarate leaders on mustfar (crying at the same time) padme and anikan (vader) were on the same planet

ha ha ha i proved u wrong instead of u proving me wrong :)

lol, not this time.
He killed the CIS leaders, stood on some sort of balcony, sheds a tear sans the quivery lip (what RaV™ was refering to), and from that place he sees Padmes ship landing, and he goes to the landing pad meets her and says something like "I saw your ship landing" and gives her a hug, then Obi-Wan comes out and blah blah blah Force Choke blah blah blah.

Kurgan
01-09-2006, 11:25 PM
what does that have to do with anything

It's merely a followup to my previous post. Ie: Vader's sad that there's nobody left to kill 'cause he's killed 'em all! (see also Major Payne (http://imdb.com/title/tt0110443/)).
;)

Redtech
01-10-2006, 05:37 AM
Very cultured quote. Gotta love that guy from "My Wife and Kids" though.

Mind you, the quote reminds me of Rome:Total War. Now there's a l33t game..

Darth_Death
01-11-2006, 06:40 PM
lol, not this time.
He killed the CIS leaders, stood on some sort of balcony, sheds a tear sans the quivery lip (what RaV™ was refering to), and from that place he sees Padmes ship landing, and he goes to the landing pad meets her and says something like "I saw your ship landing" and gives her a hug, then Obi-Wan comes out and blah blah blah Force Choke blah blah blah.

noooooo!! i will get u
some time or another u will see!!

JekRendar
01-15-2006, 06:28 PM
^Yes. I will never do anything that helps Bush.

Please leave the politics in the "Star Wars=Anti-Bush?" thread, peacenik.

Anyways, back to the topic, I agree, it's the conflict that eventually brings Anakin to tears. You see the conflict in Episode III very well, killing Dooku, "I want more," etc. And Luke taps into the conflict and eventually defeats the tormenting, evil side. Rememeber, "Father, I feel the conflict with in you, let go of your hate." "It's too late for me, Son." And in the words of Paul Harvey, "And know you know the rest of the story."

Redtech
01-17-2006, 06:19 AM
Conflict scomflict, he owned Padme faster than most people would hit people they really did hate, then starts mewing like a baby that Obi made him do it. If anything he's going through a second puberty.

In Ep 6, I always thought that Vadar had the choice to be loyal to his family and his love, or to be a servant of the Emperor and give up his son.

St. Jimmy
01-18-2006, 01:55 AM
He's crying because he knows he's killed lots of good people and he will NEVER see them again. AND it wasn't for the greater good. Sort of.

Vader > :smash:

SarahSkywalker
03-10-2006, 02:35 PM
I think it was a little bit of Anakin coming through Darth Vader. I think he felt the tiniest shred of shame and sorrow for what he had done and what he was going to do. After Padme showed up, however, he was too far entrenched in the dark side to realise what he was doing, especially when he saw Obi-Wan and felt betrayed by this.

Darth_Malak02
03-10-2006, 08:08 PM
I think that it was him realizing that what he was doing was wrong. He realizes that he's gone too far but he "has" to stay in it to save Padme. when in reality his vision was what would happen if he made the mistake that obviously he wasn't prepared for. He feels that he must be darkside because palpatine told him it was possible to save people from death...I think that palpatine might have put the vision in Anakin's head...

Flowing Force
03-17-2006, 10:05 PM
You ever get so swept up in passion that you literally adopt a COMPLETELY different set of values and reasoning, only to then-- after the obsessive drive has been fulfuilled-- realise the tremendous 'OOOPS' you just did? I think that it was at THAT very moment that Vader took a momentary back-seat, and Anakin came to the surface for just a fleeting moment to say his final good-bye. I believe that scene was a sort of "funeral" scene for Vader, paying final homage to his former Self, and allowing himself a moment to honour, with a bit of pity and perhaps regret, the death of Anakin Skywalker.

That was the moment when Vader became FULLY cognizant of his true destiny... perhaps sensing the future for the first time in a new, and completely black, hateful, hurtful, and destructively unhappy way.

Just MY spin on things.

Redtech
03-19-2006, 08:42 AM
Well, I've had rages where I've done terrible things, if that's what you mean, but no way have I felt passion. I don't need sex "that" badly. Annakin is a wuss in that aspect. All that "fear leads to anger" BS and Annie thows his soul away because he needs to "fertilise more seeds."

Flowing Force
03-19-2006, 09:54 AM
Ummmmm...

I don't mean that Anakin wanted sex.

PAS·SION:

1. A powerful emotion, such as love, joy, hatred, or anger.
1. Ardent love.
2. Strong sexual desire; lust.
3. The object of such love or desire.
1. Boundless enthusiasm: His skills as a player don't quite match his passion for the game.
2. The object of such enthusiasm: Soccer is her passion.
4. An abandoned display of emotion, especially of anger: He's been known to fly into a passion without warning.

Redtech
03-19-2006, 10:00 AM
You can tell that I'm completely heartless can't you. A girl would have empaphised with you straight.

Still, justification for a killing spree if your "ho" gets herself knocked up. :P

Flowing Force
03-20-2006, 01:07 PM
I don't think you're heartless.

I think you're a kid.

One who isn't very experienced with sexual relationships.

That's totally O.K. We're in a Star Wars forum. I really don't think anyone here is going to like you more knowing how much you "don't need sex that badly", or how removed you think that Anakin is from the responsibility of his "ho getting herself knocked up".

Again. It's a Star Wars forum, Kid. The topic of the thread isn't about "fertilizing seeds"-- and bringing such hormonally-charged topics into an innocent thread like this just might make you look like a lonley, horny kid who's trying to look cool.

I don't know you, and it really doesn't mater to me either way... I'm just letting you know how it looks from my perspective. Again, this is a Star Wars forum, and we're talking about Anakin becoming Vader.

By the way, it's "Empathized", not "Empaphised". No empathy was actually even needed... I only gave the definition of a word you used, because it seemed clear that you didn't actually know it. I have no feelings either way regarding your vocabulary skills, so I don't require any empathy, here... "girlish" or otherwise.

:?)

Redtech
03-21-2006, 08:29 AM
Erm, I'm 23 years old, despite my lack of "experiance", you'd be grossly surprised at my antics. As Clinton would say "I ain't ashamed".

As a Brit, I use more 'esses' the 'Zees' and I can't "speel" brilliantly despite me knowing some really weird meaning. If you check my previous posts, I tend to be a 'firestarter' in my posts, it's a learning technique which should be done more in demoracies: If I shout something people disagree with, then they're more inclined to tell me why they agree with something and either way I learn something constructive. Being a devil's advocate is a good way to understand people's ideas without resorting to being a troll and unwilling to accept people's opinions, even if I may strongly disagree with the notion.

Also, regardless of my opinion, Annakin is not a character with a great amount of depth. It seems that he goes from being a really stupid kid given a load of responsibility, to becoming a bad-ass who kills people who annoy him just because. It's not something you can really rationalise. I mean, Annakin commits horrible acts to his own friends, then cries after wiping out his enemies? I'm an Obi fan and there's a man who really does develop, it's quite saddening when he looses faith in his own best friend, but I can't connect with someone who can't shout "I hate you!" without making me laugh.

If they wanted to play the shallow male role, they might as well as used a Black character and played to the Hip-hop theme, because I swear that 50 cent could have pulled off the role except for the intro, which is where I'm convinced his character really started off "better" than Ep 2.

Also, if you've ever lived in a country with an insane teenage pregnancy rate, you see it first hand how often people resort to insane rages of violence just because their G/Fs have got pregnant, which seem more "justifiable" if you tried scriptwriting that into the film, but I think I've already started an argument on Annakin vs domestic violence elsewhere. ;)

Flowing Force
03-21-2006, 11:31 AM
Wow! That was great! You rock, Bro!

I guess I got a bit reactive, back there... I've grown weary of coming to a forum and finding words of hate, depraivity, and senseless dribble that deviates from the topic at hand. I'm really glad you kept everything in check, and didn't fly off the handle in a display of insult and degredation.

As Clinton would say "I ain't ashamed".
Good. I'm not into the Shame Game, myself, and wish that more of us would simply be mindful of our experiences, and of the effects that arise from our choices, so that we may learn whatever "Lesson" we can, and move forward without guilt or shame for ANY of the things we do.

I tend to be a 'firestarter' in my posts, it's a learning technique which should be done more in demoracies: If I shout something people disagree with, then they're more inclined to tell me why they agree with something and either way I learn something constructive.
Right on. I tend to be a 'firequencher' in some of my own posts. I sometimes speak strong words when the fire seems consume the thriving potential of a thread. The points you've made are equally as valid as my own and anyone elses. I think that making your point about Anakin's rage likely would have been percieved cleaner if your words didn't allude that the conception of children in a loving relationship is akin to a "ho getting herself knocked up".

All that "fear leads to anger" BS and Annie thows his soul away because he needs to "fertilise more seeds."
This, to me, suggests that Anakin went on an unprecedented galactic killing spree because he just needed to get his pipes cleaned.

Essentially, I don't really see how the drive for sex played any part in his fall to the Dark Side... which IS what we were talking about. I percieved your message to be propogating an irresponsible perspective towards pregnant women. Perhaps these aren't your genuine feelings towards "hos", but the only insight I have about anyone, here in forum, are the words they choose to use.

Also, I believe that if we take care to courageously explore the origins of anger, we'll find that, in fact, it IS rooted in fear. Fear of not being loved, fear of abandonment, etc. I've been fortunate to learn that it isn't really BS at all.

Also, regardless of my opinion, Annakin is not a character with a great amount of depth. It seems that he goes from being a really stupid kid given a load of responsibility, to becoming a bad-ass who kills people who annoy him just because.
The character had potential for alot of depth, I think, but I agree that Christian Haydenson didn't actually BRING such depth to the character. I'm not so sure he was just killing people who simply annoyed him, but I DO agree that he was quick to throw away years of Jedi dicipline in patience quite easily when Padme went the distance to prove her love for him.

I mean, Annakin commits horrible acts to his own friends, then cries after wiping out his enemies?
THAT's what the discussion was about! See, I don't think he was crying about wiping out his enemies, do you? I think the tears MAY have been towards his enemies-- that whole "love thy enemy" concept-- but even if it WAS, then I'm pretty certain there were AT LEAST some tears there for his friends. Again, I personally think he began to see the Whole of Everything, and the realization (or belief) that there was no turning back, and that Anakin, himself, was to no longer be.

It's true that Obi Wan was a charachter that doveloped greatly throughout the trilogy, though I'm not so sure he did so any MORE than Anakin. Again, I think that proper casting and excellent acting are the big factors, here. Ewan McGregor is a very good actor, and I think he was PHENOMINAL as Obi Wan. It was the ACTOR-- with all the charm and behind-the-eyes emoting that really brought that character out. Otherwise, it'd just be a guy with a concept and a bunch of scripted lines.

Anyways, it's been great discussing this with you... agreements and disagreements alike. Sorry if I seemed too presumptuous earlier on... You've handled it all like a Jedi, and set a good example of how to debate a point without giving insult.

The Source
04-01-2006, 07:40 PM
Remember, he is only a young adult. At that point in his darkside turn, he could be feeling the last of his innocents being pulled from him. All that he knows to be pure is now gone, and it is not leaving without scaring his psychy. Deep inside he knows what he did was wrong, but he also is under the false impression that there is no turning back. The darkside currupts absolutely, and leaves scars that will not heal.

Vader is a classic Shakespear tragedy. Your hero knows that if he follows a certain path, his fate will be one of death and chaos. Just like the old English poems and stories, the hero treads down the path nievely (But Knowingly). Once he gets to the end, the fate he was told comes true. Justice is a dish served cold. Everyone, except for Luke Skywalker, had died when they returned to the lightside after walking the dark path. Falling to the darkside is one of pain, regret, and death.

Darth_Malak02
04-02-2006, 11:49 AM
I think if we could all stop arguing about stupid things like who's a kid and whose not, or passion, your obth right now get over it...

TSR
04-03-2006, 05:07 AM
i thought thios whole thread was about vader crying!?!? not small 8 year olds.

Redtech
04-03-2006, 12:34 PM
Ever played Chinese whispers? I see no comments about 8 year olds.

RaV™
04-05-2006, 12:05 AM
Holy crap I never realized one question would last for 4 months. I didn't understand it then, but now I understand it. Thank you, but i'm so surprised it lasted this long.. o_O

Although it's now a little out of hand -_-

KyleOfHarpenden
04-21-2006, 07:27 PM
hes probally crying because no one likes him;) or maybe its because his eyes have gone wered or just missing Padme or maybe its coz he murdered inicent like 4 year olds who where under attack by a large army that will soon take over the galaxy! You know one of those little things

Henz
04-21-2006, 09:46 PM
George Lucas finally broke it to him that he couldn't act.

Raevan
06-12-2006, 04:05 PM
vader was crying and i saw it on dvd on original cd ................it s conflict beetween his good and dark side he isnt dark by nature and he knows that what he s doing is very wrong!!!!!!!!!! that s conscious

Steve-O Kreesh
06-12-2006, 05:18 PM
vader was crying and i saw it on dvd on original cd ................it s conflict beetween his good and dark side he isnt dark by nature and he knows that what he s doing is very wrong!!!!!!!!!! that s conscious

What he said. :D

PoiuyWired
06-13-2006, 04:34 PM
Maybe cause he is still feeling "Love" ??

Note that Love is for some reason discouraged by BOTH Jedi and Sith.

So, Ani jumps out from the pot of emoionless Jedis thinking he can finally love, and drops to another pot of love-hating Sith.

Flowing Force
06-13-2006, 05:34 PM
So, Ani jumps out from the pot of emoionless Jedis thinking he can finally love, and drops to another pot of love-hating Sith.
Ahhhhh... The tangled webs we weave...

Rust_Lord
06-13-2006, 10:24 PM
I have skimmed over this thread and I saw no reference to the main reason Anakin turned...loss. If you remember in Ep 2 Anakins path started when he slaughtered the Sand People after attempting to rescue him mother. Loss is the fundamental factor that Anakin turned as he was accutely aware of what it meant and he was not going to go through that again, or fail the person who he lost. His late entry into the Jedi order precipitated this vulnerability because Jedi are generally cut off from any emotional ties from a much younger age. Yoda says in Ep 3 that loss is not necessarily bad but why would the order not allow relationships or take jedi from their parents so young....because its natural to have emotions and they are not so easy to kill off.

However this is not itself why Vader cries. He understands what he is doing and its agonizing for him to betray everything he ever stood for, but believes it is the only way for him to save Padme. This is exactly what Palpatine wants as he can take advantage of Anakin while he is in this tormented state. I really did question whether he believed Palpatine about the Jedi trying to take over and he was in fact defending the Republic or he just used that as his pretext to emerse himself in the Dark Side. The way it is portayed he agrees with Palpatines assessment (just after he is annointed his new name). I think he realises it is all BS but he has to do it anyway because he cannot lose Padme, since he tries to cover what he has done. Its got nothing to do with sex or having a baby, which he is genuinely happy about. It gives him even more reason to want to save Padme. When Padme dies he has nothing left but the Dark Side and he gives himself to it but not completely; hence the inner conflict.

Those of you who have experienced alot of death will know what Im talking about. That my take on it anyway.

Redtech
06-14-2006, 08:17 AM
I reckon KOTOR 1 solves the whole "love" issue, despite being "Z canon".

I dunno about loss really. I've had a lot of people and animals get fragged on me, it makes you cold and careless. It makes more sense if he turned after his mum died.

Flowing Force
06-14-2006, 11:15 AM
WOW, Rust Lord... Very well said! I couldn't agree with you more. Very insightful. I see that you, too, see the deeper layers of the Star Wars saga.

EVERYONE here, I think, loves the movies in thier own unique way, for thier own unique reasons.

Since I was a child, I've been hooked. And then, back around 1989 or so, I had the privelage of watching the trilogy again-- back-to-back-- on what was then the largest movie screen in New England, and it was like I was watching a whole new series of films... suddenly seeing it with new eyes, and and a new mind.

Since then, the layers and layers of meaning and depth just CONTINUED to unfold-- still to this very day. It's absolutely staggering how genius Lucas actually is... how brilliant this whole story is, and how it's been delivered. There are many readers, I KNOW, who disagree, and can knit-pick and rip on Lucas or the films until they're blue in the face... That's O.K. All opinions are valid... Again, we each percieve out of our own unique "reality tunnel", and I cannot expect everyone to see what years and years of heart-felt "study" have brought me... I realize that the spiritual truths that this story has unfolded FOR ME are not shared by most of the people who still enjoy the films in thier own way, for thier own reasons.

Mythic archetypes affect our own psyches in ways that are unique to the individual. Some people percieve the films merely as good sci-fi flicks... others of us can completely relate with any number of characters, as-- being archetypes-- they exist within us all. It just depends on what the individual is actually looking at, or looking for.

"Your focus determines your reality."
................................Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master, Episode I

urluckyday
06-14-2006, 01:52 PM
In order to fully embrace the Dark Side, one must endure terrible pain...at least...that's what I always thought...

MachineCult
06-14-2006, 02:36 PM
In order to fully embrace the Dark Side, one must endure terrible pain...at least...that's what I always thought...
Why would you think that?

PoiuyWired
06-14-2006, 05:10 PM
Why? Darkside gives you candies!!

Redtech
06-15-2006, 08:07 AM
Nah, by that rank, I would join the darkside because I've had 10+ pets die on me over my lifespan.

True evil is doing it because you think it's the right thing. (There's a war on terror reference in there). Reminds me poetry about the loving father who loves is family and a centre of his community and is buying presents for his wife who adores him...

...and he runs the Belsan concentration camp.

Anyway, I'd love yellow eyes and a red lightsabre...killing things is gooooooood!

urluckyday
06-22-2006, 10:05 PM
I think that just because it is painful and costly to get what you want...also, betraying what you have known basically your whole life has to hurt...but that's just me...

PoiuyWired
07-13-2006, 07:46 PM
Actually Whats worse is that after all he has done to help save Padme, he ends up hurting her, and Padme is not amused by what he has done.

Oh well, if he would ever tell Obi, or Obi confronting him early on for that matter, then things can be worked out. Its not like Obi did not have his fair share of romance, and he would be at least supportive of the two lovers, even covering for them.

RC-1162
07-14-2006, 10:45 AM
he's crying because he broke his "Kick Jedi butt" video game CD :xp:

or maybe he just poked himself in the eys. :D

Davinq
07-29-2006, 03:53 PM
Nah, I say he's sweating. A bunch of unarmed Nemoidians would have been quite a workout for him, eh?

St. Jimmy
07-29-2006, 11:33 PM
Damn! that's what I was going to say... It could be Really hot in there and his eyes are sweating!

darthyorktown
07-31-2006, 03:56 PM
i think that padme should have accepted that he was gonna do anything at all to save here but she got here head stuck up her ass over it and she didnt listen!!

darthyorktown
07-31-2006, 03:58 PM
and if he wouldnt have jumped so low and if i jumped higher on the lava bank he could have got obi wan and then sidious came gave him his new saber he killed sidious clones try to kill him and he turns back to lite side and padme forgives him they have child and tada perfect life right there

MachineCult
07-31-2006, 05:33 PM
and if he wouldnt have jumped so low and if i jumped higher on the lava bank he could have got obi wan and then sidious came gave him his new saber he killed sidious clones try to kill him and he turns back to lite side and padme forgives him they have child and tada perfect life right there
That makes no sense.

darthyorktown
08-01-2006, 11:11 AM
hmm sorry that what happened in video game

RC-1162
08-01-2006, 11:54 AM
That makes no sense.

i think he's referring to an alternate-ending-for-the-vidoe-game fan film that was released quite some time ago. it showed that Obi Wan missed his swing at Ani's legs and the latter stabbed Obi Wan in the back (literally) with his blade. He then met up with Sidious, who gave him his new red blade, which anakin took and used it to kill sidious in one sweep. sidious' escorts were about to shoot anakin, but the latter said "no, the galaxy belongs to me" and they relaxed. actually, i would have preferred that ending to the real one :D

Davinq
08-01-2006, 01:54 PM
^^^
I would have too, Sidious made me wanna- hey wait a minute! Obi-wan gets stabbed in the back!? No way! Hate this alternate ending!

MachineCult
08-01-2006, 02:07 PM
RC, that sounds like a really good ending.

St. Jimmy
08-01-2006, 07:37 PM
Yeah, I like that ending too.

Nedak
08-16-2006, 02:41 PM
^^^^ After Obiwan got the high ground they both should have just called it a day.

Obiwan:"It's over Anakin, I have the high ground."
Anakin: "You underestimate my power"
Obiwan: " Don't try it"
*Anakin thinks about what he is doing..*
*Anakin looks around at lava.*
Anakin: You know what Obiwan? Why don't we call it a night.
Obiwan: Yeah it is getting late.. See you tomorrow.
Anakin: Later, my old friend.
Obiwan:Peace

PoiuyWired
08-17-2006, 03:07 PM
... or Anakin can wait and force-steer the floating thingy away to the other side of the river and fight another day... like calling orbital bombardment on the freaking planet?

darth kav
01-07-2007, 12:05 PM
Or maybe that's what he feels inside.The friends he had betrayed and the innocents he had to kill....Won't any of you-even if you were Sith-stop and think at least for second about what you've done? Because there'll always be an Inner Fire within all of us-a never-ending Battle between our own Light and Dark Sides.

that's a great way to put it.

Redtech
01-08-2007, 01:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkhMcyuYroA

Oh yeah, right, so after killing my enemies, I'm suddenly supposed to emo out? Why was the sad music etc playing when Annie slaughters the CIS leaders, yet he doesn't give a fung about the Jedi he helped to kill?

I'm a more rational mind then his character (who's ruled by his balls). If I went evil, it's all the way!

Henz
01-08-2007, 02:56 PM
Meh. He's crying cause he had to murder friends and children to save his wife. I'm sure it's well established to everyone that Vader isn't really that bad, he just went down a path that he could not turn away from. Would he have ever really been a bad guy if Palpy wasn't around to twist him?

PoiuyWired
01-08-2007, 04:35 PM
Well, I see lots of parallels between him and Vos. While Anakin finally gets his path straight and become a sith, Vos is fighting it staying mostly on the light.

I think his master being a major factor. It would be interesting to see Anakin under Tholme, maybe he would have turned out fine.

Daft Adidas
01-08-2007, 04:51 PM
"Yes ur right Obi Wan you have the high ground and now i'm getting out of here." The floting thingymebob zooms away and he jumps in his own ship and flys low and fires at Obi Wan but Obi jumps out of the way he crashes into the ground and it set's a flame, Obi wan goes away thinking he's perished and Darth Sidious and his clones come alogn and rescue him from the ship and save him and make him DARTH VADER! and there is really good star wears tune and and then it finnishes andi that could be a slightly more interesting action packed ending! Haha!

Taos
01-08-2007, 05:32 PM
Enough with the thread revivals! Make sure you check the date of the last post in a thread before you hit that "post reply" button.