PDA

View Full Version : Knights Of The Old Republic: Darkness Falls

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

3yks
12-31-2005, 09:53 PM
Brax was still, silent and watching ... he heard voices from in that strange box, and with that moved forward. His hands raised, his fingertips began to glow with a crimson light, and then he attacked. He became visible as he attacked, his claws ripping into the Doctor's flesh ... tearing into him as if he was little more than butter, and Brax was a very hot knife.

"Sorry, but I need off this ship." He said, he didnt' enjoy killing needlessly, but he had to get off. He reached out even as the Doctor fell, and hit the controls ... his claws dug into them, causing a short in the docking procedures as the two ships sensed this and forcefully disconnected. Each ship rocked, causing thigns to fall down, and people to stumble ... Brax cycled the airlock, and dove in, cyceling it again. The Doctor fell to the ground in front of the TARDIS, unmistakeably dead.

(That work for ya doc?)

Writer
12-31-2005, 10:02 PM
The ship rocked as the two joined ships disconnected, dumping Crystal to the floor abruptly. She swore in a strange language and telekinetically readjusted herself within the cockpit. Her eyesight was slightly faded and she gasped. What happened? She couldn't figure it out, but more disturbing to her were the thoughts of this Jasra. During the jolt, Crystal's 'thought bubble' had briefly expanded before suddenly shrinking. In that split second, thoughts were transferred... thoughts that would now change what she said to Jasra.

"By feel, I'd say there's no point to that," she groaned, holding her head. "Feels like the two ships were just torn apart and that can mean one of two things... the stowaway escaped or we've been hit." She checked a few of the screens in the cockpit. "And by the look of our sensor readings, the stowaway's escaping."

JasraLantill
12-31-2005, 11:14 PM
"And by the look of our sensor readings, the stowaway's escaping."

Crystal hadn’t even finished her sentence when Jasra noticed what was happening. Somehow, Karda’s ship had been forced free from the Ebon Hawk and now drifted quickly in her direction. Her shields were up, but the Moon Shadow was too close.

Quickly throwing the thrusters into an inverted-Z-axis-reverse, Jasra avoided an immediate collision, and then she circled around for a better angle.

Jasra’s targeting viewer flipped open across her right eye. She took aim on Karda's ship, her grip tightened on the control stick, her thumb hovered over the 'fire' button, the ‘lock’ light flashed on the targeting grid…

…and then she paused.

Something felt…well, wrong.

“Crystal?” Jasra said into her comlink. “Are you all right? Is anyone on board injured?”

Writer
12-31-2005, 11:54 PM
"I don't know," Crystal snapped... a little too harshly, she instantly decided. More calmly, she continued, but a slight trace of nervousness. "I'm fine, but I have no idea about anybody else."

ForceFightWMe12
12-31-2005, 11:58 PM
"So you checked the the corridors?"
"All clear."
"Dormitories?"
"Nothing's there."
"Med bay?"
"Totally empty."
"Are you sure-"
"Listen, Kira," Atton said, stopping the Exile, "I know you're worried, but we checked, alright? Nothing was there. All you have to do is rela--Sith's blood!"
"Oh my..."
The two had just stumbled on the TARDIS...and what appeared to be the Doctor's body...and their stowaway. In seconds, their weapons were out.

RobQel-Droma
01-01-2006, 12:09 AM
(((Umm... Am I still on my own ship, or am I blocked from it? If I'm not, I'll just edit this post)))

Karda fell to the floor as his ship broke loose from the Ebon Hawk. Rolling to his feet, and drawing his lightsaber, he looked around the ship for a sign of the intruder. He could sense another fighter that he didn't recognize coming in hard toward the ship, but he would wonder about that later. The being who had invaded his ship seemed to be in the cockpit. Karda crept forward, coming almost silently into the cockpit.

3yks
01-01-2006, 12:13 AM
Brax floated into space ... launching himself with a kick off of the hawk. His own ship for a moment apeared on everybodies sensors, and he was inside. And again it vanished. And he was flying away as fast as he could.

RobQel-Droma
01-01-2006, 12:21 AM
The sensors on Karda's ship beeped for a moment urgently- then stopped just as suddenly. The alien had vanished into his ship, and the ship had done likewise, just like that. Karda's mind was now filled with questions as to the current events, but he shoved them out of his mind. Maneuvering his ship back toward the Ebon Hawk, he hailed the supposed "Moon Shadow" that had approached the ship.

Writer
01-01-2006, 12:28 AM
((Uh, Rob, I think Brax is on your ship and in control of it... therefore, I imagine you're still on the Ebon Hawk.))

3yks
01-01-2006, 12:31 AM
(No, I'm in my ship. not Karda's. Karda got on his ship awhile ago, and the doc was on the hawk blcoking me from getting to it. Brax's goal was to get to his hsip the whole time, I was ohnly trying to get to Karda's in order to find aneasier way into space)

Writer
01-01-2006, 12:37 AM
((Ah... I misread, then... my mistake :) ))

JasraLantill
01-01-2006, 12:55 AM
Jasra scowled as she viewed the specs of the ship that had just vanished like a spectre from her sensors a second earlier. The specs were incomplete, but even so, she’d never seen anything like it. Or seen anything move so fast.

Her weapons and shields still powered up, she waited. After a moment, Karda’s ship began to slowly move back towards the Ebon Hawk. Her console bleeped. Karda’s ship was hailing her.

Jasra powered down her weapons, but kept her shields, and her guard, up. She still wasn’t sure what was happening on board either ship, but it was clear to her that the ‘stowaway’ had managed, somehow, to board the peculiar and unidentified ship before it had disappeared. She hoped that the Exile hadn’t disappeared with him.

“This Jasra Lantill on the Republic scout ship Moon Shadow,” she answered the hail from Karda’s ship. “Identify yourself and state your intentions.”

The Doctor
01-01-2006, 01:51 AM
((No, the Doctor is not dead, people.))
Tegan turned as the Doctor opened the TARDIS door, and was ready for him to snap at her when she saw it. Behind him, a strange creature appeared out of thin air, and slashed at the Doctor.
"DOCTOR!!!!!!!" Yelled both Tegan and Nyssa in horror. The Doctor fell to the ground, his body limp, blood leaking from the massive gash in his back. Tegan ran to te Doctor's side, tears running down her cheaks in buckets.
"DOCTOR NO!!!!" she screamed. She grabbed him by the shoulders, burying her face in his chest. Kira walked up behind her, and the Doctor took in a short, sharp breath.
*Kira.....* he said, his voice barely a whisper.
"Shush, Doctor, it's goijng to be alright, I promise." siad Tegan tearfully.
"What's going to happen?" asked Nyssa, her eyes full of tears as well.
*I.... might regenerate.... but I don't know....It feels... different, this time....*
"Kira, can you help him?" asked Tegan desperately. "You have Jedi powers, don't you?"
*Not even... the Force.... can save me now, Tegan......* he said. *I'm afraid... that this is the end.... but..... the moment has been prepared for....*
He let his head fall back against the deck plate. His eyes opened suddenly, and they had turned a deep yellow in colour, and seemd to be glowing with the power of a million suns. He let out another screech/gurgle before his skin began to glow yellow. Soon, it looked as if he was on fire. His face was changing shape, his har was receding and had become blonde, and he seemd to grow slightly shorter. As suddenly as it had started, it stopped, and a completely new man lay where the Doctor had just seconds before. His eyes snapped open - they were now a pleasent blue in colour.
*Hello.* he said. He looked at Kira, then at his scarf, the end of which was laying on the ground beside him. *I don't mean to be rude, but you're standing on my scarf, young lady.* he said to Kira - his voice was higher pitched in tone, and had a more intelligent quality to it.
"Doctor? What's happened?"
*Hm? Oh! Change, my dear. And it seems not a moment too soon, actually.* He started, then began digging in his pockets. *A mirror, I need a mirror.* He found one, and pulled it out with enthusiasm. *Huh. Well, that's the trouble with regeneration. You never quite know what you're going to get.* He just then seemed to notice that Tegan was staring at him, looking scared. *What's wrong with you, Susan? We must get back to the TARDIS.* he began to stand up, but leaned against the TARDIS as an invisible blaster bolt seemd to hit him in the side.
"What is it? Who are you?" asked Nyssa.
*My dear, don't you recognize me? I'm the Doctor - or rather, I will be. If this regeneration works out the way it should.* he wore a grimace of pain, and his breathing was heavy.
"Who's Susan?" asked Tegan confusedly.
*Oh, that's right, I'm so sorry my dear...... now, I must...* he screamed in pain again. *No, I'm alright* he said as Nyssa came forward to help him.
*Karda! I must speak to him.... the tracer on his ship. I know.... how to deactivate it......* the Doctor's eyes began to glow yellow again, and a wisp of yellow smoke escaped his open mouth. *Karda...... I must.... speak to him....*

((Just so everyone knows, I have changed the Doctor from what he was before. Before this regeneration, he was Tom Baker's Doctor. (http://home.earthlink.net/~qstnmark/whopage/t_baker.jpg) He is now Peter Davison's Doctor (http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1435000/images/_1435725_davison150.jpg) (though right now he is still dressed in Tome Basker's costume), the one that was originally introduced into this story. This is the way I meant things to happen with the Doctor.))

ExtreamJedi12
01-01-2006, 11:55 AM
Revan cursed under his breath for letting that thing escape. He sensed Force energy coming from somewhere in space near the Ebon Hawk. He went to the cockpit and found Crystal hailing a ship. "Who is that you are talking to, Crystal?"

Writer
01-01-2006, 12:34 PM
Crystal turned toward Revan. "Republic scout ship... or so she says. Jasra Lantill is her name." She leaned forward to whisper in his ear. "I don't think we should trust her."

JasraLantill
01-01-2006, 01:09 PM
Revan cursed under his breath for letting that thing escape. He now sensed a young Padawan in space. He went to the cockpit and found Crystal hailing a ship. "Who is that you are talking to, Crystal?"

((Just so you know, EJ, no one should be able to sense that Jasra is Force Sensitive as she masking herself at the moment. (She learned this technique on her own after her Master was killed to avoid detection by Sion's forces during his purges.) She should just appear to be a scout/mercenary, but given that Revan has tremenous Force ability he still might be able to detect her. Although she might appear weaker in the Force than she really is.))

ExtreamJedi12
01-01-2006, 02:40 PM
(How about I edit it so that he senses Force Energy, bit doesn't know where it's coming from.)

JasraLantill
01-01-2006, 02:52 PM
((Sorry, EJ, I wasn't asking for you to edit your post per se, but either way works for me. Jasra developed this masking ability on her own during an extreme moment of fear. It worked for her in hiding from Sion's Sith (who killed her Jedi Master) but Revan might not be so easily blinded. You do what you think best.))

The Doctor
01-01-2006, 06:42 PM
"Doctor, you need rest!" said Nyssa.
"How do you know that this is really the Doctor?" asked Tegan, afraid to go near the Doctor.
"I heard about this in school. It's a common ability among his species. It's called regeneration. He was wounded, so he had to regenerate. I don't know why it's going wrrong, though..."
The Doctor looked at her. *This is my.... 14th body.* he said, sounding tired. *A Time Lord is only supposed to get 13. The Council on Gallifrey must have granted me another for some reason... or it might br my human DNA interfering.... Now, enough! I know how the tracer on Karda's ship can be disabled! It must be deactivatARRGG!* he clutched his side, falling to the ground and leaning his back against the TARDIS wall.

DarthSion101
01-01-2006, 07:22 PM
(( Sorry for not posting in awhile, I was on vacation, skiing......but I'm back, and ready to rock and roll.))

The Doctor
01-01-2006, 08:35 PM
((Welcome back, Sion! Let's get this party started again!))

DarthSion101
01-01-2006, 08:42 PM
The cloaked figure stared out from a concealed darkness, at the saber wielding dervish, seeking to challenge him. He cracked his neck slightly to the right, before pulling a single black curved hilt from his belt. He ignited the blood red blade which hummed to life, and extended before him. He twirled it around masterfully in his right hand several times, before dropping back into a defensive stance and beckoning for his challenger to advance...........

RC-1162
01-02-2006, 11:52 AM
((I think you should go ahead and control my char for the fight bit and take all the points i PMed you, though ill start this bit))

Kreta jumped high over Malagant's head and spun one double saber around and down, it's tip heading for Malagant's chest. The Dark Lord brought his saber up and whacked it away with his own blade. Kreta stepped away a few paces and readied himself again.

The Doctor
01-02-2006, 01:49 PM
*There's no time to wait for him... I don't know how long I can stay conscious....* said the Doctor. *You must..... disable the backup processors..... then.... polarize the secondary plexus and..... reverse the polarity of the neutron flow into the primary plexus..... that will.... disable it as well as send a uhm.... a uhm..... a power surge to the computer monitoring it.....* the Doctor collapsed, his breathing heavy.
"Doctor, how do we do that?"
the Doctor sighed in irritation. *Get Romana to explain it to you!* he yelled.

JasraLantill
01-02-2006, 05:06 PM
Jasra waited for an answer from Karda’s ship. But none came. Perhaps the ship had hailed her automatically. Perhaps Karda himself was injured too seriously to respond. What a pity, she thought insincerely.

Suddenly, her long range scanner screen lit up and bleeped. Jasra punched a few buttons on the console to clarify the readings. Then she grinned.

“Well, well, well,” she said as three small ships vectored an intercept course for the Ebon Hawk.

But only three? That Hedra the Hutt must be getting cocky indeed if she thought her pirates were good enough to capture a freighter like the Ebon Hawk in three single-seat fighters, thought Jasra. Nevermind. She’d soon learn.

Jasra touched her comlink. “Crystal? If you know how to raise the Ebon Hawk’s shields, I suggest you do so. And if you don’t, now would be a good time to learn. Looks like we’ve got trouble coming.”

Jasra powered up her weapons.

Writer
01-02-2006, 05:36 PM
Crystal flipped the switch to bring the shields up and muttered, "I'm not stupid..." Into the comm unit she said, "Shields are up."

JasraLantill
01-02-2006, 07:00 PM
The three small fighters came in fast and hard and began their seemingly unprovoked attack on the Ebon Hawk. The freighter’s shields repelled the first round of assault, but the ship rocked and shook from the impacts.

As the fighters bombarded and circled around the Ebon Hawk like angry Daagron sugar-buzzers, Jasra manoeuvred the Moon Shadow around Karda’s ship to flank them.

With a grin of satisfaction, she carefully chose a fighter, targeted it, and then fired.

A hit. The wing of the fighter burned and sparked and it spiralled out of control away from the other ships. Even though it was no longer a threat, Jasra targeted and fired upon it again. It exploded into a thousand pieces of burning debris.

“One down, two to go,” she said.

The Doctor
01-02-2006, 07:28 PM
As the Ebon Hawk shook, the Doctor screamed in pain yet again. *I must get into the TARDIS! I need the zero room....*
"Zero room? What's that?" asked Nyssa.
*It's a uhm... oh, what is it.... it will allow me to... focus my thoughts. It cuts off distractions from the rest of the universe... I won... I won't survive the regeneration without it.....*
Tegan grabbed the Doctor by the arm and tryed to help him up. "Then come on, let's get you there." Tegan bent down and grabbed him by te other arm, and togther, Nyssa and Tegan pulled the Doctor to his feet and walked him into the TARDIS.

------------------------------------------------------------

Draggin the Doctor between the two of them, Tegan and Nyssa walked the Doctor through the console room. He then shook them off, standing on his power. *I can make it now that I'm in the TARDIS. The, uhm... the TARDIS blocks out... blocks out.... well, it helps.* he said. *You twp go out and help Strella... no, Kira.... on the Ebon Hawk. They'll need you.*
They opened their mouths to argue, but he cut them off. *Please just go! I need you to listen to me!" he grabbed his temples. *I need you to do as I ask, please.* he said, much more calmly. *I'll be alright.*
Doubtful of this, Tegan and Nyssa left the Doctor to find his own way to the zero room.

------------------------------------------------------------

The Doctor watched them go, then turned around. *Right. Now where was I?* he asked himself. *Oh, bloody hell.* he walked down the hall, stopping when he found a long, flat piece of wood with a handle. He picked it up, and recognized it as a cricket bat. He smiled, remembering how he used to play cricket on Earth years ago. He put it down, and saw a tall coat rack down the hall standing next to a big mirror.. He stopped, looking at the beige hat and trench coat that sat there. He looked at his reflection. *That's the trouble with regeneration.* he said quietly. *You never quite know what you're going to get.* He walked over to the coat rack, taking off his red trench coat and placing it on another hook. He took the coat down and found a white sweater underneath it, one that, for some reason, reminded him of his mother - his human mother. Taking off the sweater and dress shirt he was wearing, he replaced it with the sweater on the rack and put on the coat over it. He looked in the mirror, then shook his head. *No.* he said. *No, that's not right.* He looked down at the black pants he was wearing. They were faded, and he noticed that they were fraying at the bottom - he was now a good three inches shorter, and had already damaged the pants. He grabbed the pair of pants from the rack and replaced the black ones with them, then looked at the mirror. *Yes. Yes that's much better.* he grabbed the hat off the rack, which now held his old outfit, and put it on. *Yes, that's excellent!* the TARDIS shook, and he remembered their current predicament - and the zero room. He spun on ths spot a few times, then ran down the hall. He came to an intersection. He pulled a coin out his pocket, having moved everything into the new coat, and fliiped it, assigning tails to right and heads to left. He flipped it, and it came up heads. He shook his head and flipped it again, and it came up heads again. He flipped it a third time, and it came up tails. He nodded to nobody in particularm then walked off to the left.

RobQel-Droma
01-03-2006, 01:07 AM
Some of the first blasts fired at the Ebon Hawk had knocked Karda to the ground, where he lay for a moment as his ship shook. Getting up to his feet he got back into the seat and at a look outside, powered up the ship's weapons.

It appeared that three other unknown fighters had started attacking Kira's ship. As he disengaged his ship from the Ebon Hawk, he spotted the supposed Moon Shadow blow one of the ships out of space.

Cursing at the slowness of his vessel, he finally manuevred it away from both ships and targeted one of the attacking vessels. With his shields taking a few hard hits also, he finally locked on to one of the ships. He pulled the trigger and let a blast of shots zoom toward the fighter.

Karda's ship had targeted the fighter perfectly: the blasts hit dead-center in the vessel, turning it into a growing ball of fire as parts of the ship was blown out into space. Puny ships...

JasraLantill
01-03-2006, 12:12 PM
“And here I thought you were sleeping, but nicely done,” Jasra said into the comlink to Karda’s ship, as she watched the last remnants of debris from the second fighter flame and then disappear. “I’ll split the last one with you,” she offered. “If you’re up for it, that is,” she added challengingly.

As the last fighter rotated and spun evasively, Jasra targeted its left wing.

RobQel-Droma
01-03-2006, 07:16 PM
"Like I wouldn't be? I've been cooped up in a ship for a while now." Karda said, smiling. As the Moon Shadow got ready to fire at the last ship, Karda's Jedi fighter flew out as fast as it could toward the enemy.

Karda switched the active armaments to ion weapons, then spun his ship around, following the spinning starfighter. Using his connection to the Force to aid his firing, a blast hit one of the engines.

Electricity crackled and buzzed around it, and as Karda smiled in satisfaction, it lost all power and caused a small explosion on board. The vessel now partially disabled, the pilot frantically tried to get out of the way of the Moon Shadow's laser cannons. The evasive manuevres the pilot had been using now caused the ship to start spinning off to the side out of control, a perfect target.

JasraLantill
01-03-2006, 07:57 PM
“I love it when they panic,” Jasra said into the comlink.

Still targeting its left wing, she fired a single blast at the crippled fighter. The bolt shattered the wing and the force of the blast pushed the enemy ship into a fierce and tight spin.

Like a cat playing with a mouse, the Moon Shadow dove after it, peppering the remaining wing with single shots until it exploded in a shower of sparks.

With the fighter now only a shell of its former self, Jasra moved in for the kill. She guided the Moon Shadow closer, and closer, until she was close enough she could feel the fear of the wounded pilot within. Sometimes it scared her how utterly intoxicating she found sensing someone else’s fear was. But by reaching out with the Force, she was leaving herself open to exposure.

She’d had enough. As she drew back the Moon Shadow, so did Jasra draw back the Force—sucking it deep within herself, allowing it to shrink until it was only just a faint whisper inside, masking her affinity with it once again.

She pushed the trigger.

There was barely anything left of the fighter to even make a good display when it exploded.

“Erm…sorry about that,” she apologised to Karda, fearing he might notice she was having too much fun. “I got a bit…erm…carried away.”

DarthSion101
01-04-2006, 12:53 PM
((sorry I haven't been posting alot......but I have a horrible case of writers block, that I am desperately trying to shake.))

RC-1162
01-04-2006, 01:19 PM
((take it slow. this battle is important so it needs to be carefully thought out.))

ForceFightWMe12
01-04-2006, 03:22 PM
((OOC: Hey guys, I'm back again. Sorry I haven't been posting, the holidays and aftermath were a little...well...crazy. It doesn't help that I had gotten myself hooked on Prince of Persia either, but hey...))

IC:

As the Ebon Hawk rocked violently, Kira stumbled to the side, only to be caught by Atton.
"You okay?" he asked.
"Yeah, I'm fine." she answered, leaning against him for a moment to regain her balance, "But what was that?"
"I'd say that was a cannon shot. We're being attacked." the Scoundrel said, beginning down the hallway again. "C'mon!"

The pair entered the cockpit just in time to see someone or something blow what appeared to be the assailant up.
"Made a new friend?" Atton asked Crystal as he slid past Revan to the controls.

DarthSion101
01-05-2006, 04:24 PM
The black garbed figure known as Malagant, stood, his saber raised in front of his face, awaiting the younger sith who challenged him. He began to circle in around Kreta, who waited patiently for the ancient being to strike at him, with angered taunts and jeers, meant to force malagant towards him. Malagant however had survived the darkness of life for over 500 years, by being a patient and plotting individual. He calmly toyed with Kreta's anger, twirling his crimson bladed weapon back and forth in a nonchalant and casual manner. He could feel anger boiling within his younger adversary. With a yell of pure fury, Kreta lept forward, bringing his weapons down upon Malagant, who with an elegant fury of his own deflected the onslaught. The two Sith danced around one another, in a fine display of lightsaber mastery.

Malagant played defense for several minutes, of furious strikes and acrobatics, via his opposition. He could see that Kreta was using a variant of Form IV Ataru. which was an aggressive form, which relied on the force to fuel the atheltic attacks of its wielder.Kreta spun through the air like a whirling dervish of destruction. His commitment to defeating Malagant was astounding. He twirled and spun his blade with a masterful accuracy, and brought strike after heated strike upon the defenses of Malagant.

Malagant himself was no fool when it came to lightsaber combat. He had spent over 500 years honing his craft, and his expertise of Form II MAkashi was brilliant. Each of Kreta's furious blows, was knocked away with each parry and twirl from the saber of Malagant.

After several more moments of intense action Malagant stepped up his attack in the wake of Kreta's fury. He pushed forward, his blows dancing against Kreta's defenses like wildfire. For a Moment their sabers locked, Malagant stared out of the blackness of his soul at Kreta, whose features were raw with anger, but he felt a great ripple in the matter of the force, as did Kreta. HE ignored it and planted a foot in Kreta's chest sending the Young man sprawling onto his back. The two Terentatek guards lumbered in behind Malagant their master, prepared to feast upon Kreta's soon to be deceased flesh.

Again he felt the ripple through the force. This time he listened. He could sense Kreta listening as well. "JEDI!" Hissed malagant. "I sense it as well." Kreta responded, his anger now focused elsewhere. "Foolish boy, I could kill you in an instant. But it would be such a loss for such promising powers. Besides this ripple in the force, is all that concerns me, fighting over titles and power is foolish, and will lead to your doom. So I ask you now, Join me, we can hunt this threat from the shadows and bring extinction to the republic and the jedi. Or you can choose death, by continuing your foolish fracass against my power? So what will it be, Death or life. CHOOSE NOW.....time is running out." Kreta stared up intently at Malagant before responding............

Writer
01-06-2006, 12:48 AM
Worry found its way into Crystal's eyes. "There's a woman in that ship, the Moon Shadow," she said. "Her name's Jasra Lantill... but I..." she glanced out at the other ship and lowered her voice.

"I'm not sure she's trustworthy," she admitted quietly. "I know she just destroyed a fighter that was intent on attacking us... but..." She let her words trail off and shook her head slowly.

RC-1162
01-06-2006, 07:02 AM
"I am with you, Malagant." Kreta said. "But on one condition: we both have equal status in the Sith fleet."

DarthSion101
01-06-2006, 09:47 AM
Malagant lowered his weapon. "I told you before child, titles are of no importance to me. All that matters to me are the destruction of the Republic and the jedi. Title mongering has destroyed the Sith in the past. So together the galaxy will fall."
Kreta rises slowly, and stands beside Malagant.

RC-1162
01-06-2006, 02:55 PM
" I understand." Kreta said, extending his hand. "And don't call me 'child' again."

DarthSion101
01-06-2006, 03:06 PM
Malagant cackled beneath his cloaked and armor clad black exterior. He extended a black clawed gauntlet, and shook hands with Kreta, forming what would become an unholy alliance, ushering a greater darkness.

ForceFightWMe12
01-06-2006, 03:08 PM
"It's alright," Kira said, coming up to her, "At least she didn't turn her cannons on us."
The Exile proceeded to the dash, pressing the comm. button again, and hailed the ship.
"Moon Shadow? This is the Jedi Exile Kira of the Ebon Hawk."
"I don't know if I like this..." Atton said quietly, "There are too many people in too short a time. We're picking up passangers and 'allies' quicker than we did last time..."

Writer
01-06-2006, 03:23 PM
"Couldn't agree with you more," Crystal murmured. Then she frowned. "But seeing as I'm a passenger... was one of your first pickups, maybe you couldn't much care about hearing that from me!"

ForceFightWMe12
01-06-2006, 04:25 PM
"My point is is that this isn't normal. There's something going on, and we're being drawn to the center of it, along with everyone else." Atton said, leaning against the headrest of the familiar captain's chair.
Kira leaned back against the dash while waiting for the Moon Shadow to respond, a small grin on her face. "That was a very Jedi-ish prediction there, Atton."
"Yeah, well, you pick up a few things, you know?"

Writer
01-06-2006, 04:29 PM
Crystal frowned, staring out at the Moon Shadow and made a quick decision. She had to know more. Calling on a small portion of the minds of the others nearby, she again stretched her 'thought bubble' out past the walls of the Ebon Hawk and again found Jasra's mind. This time, she pushed a little harder, fully entering the other woman's mind.

((Jasra, give me a few thoughts Crystal may be picking up on. FFWM, Crystal has just taken and is using a small portion of your mind. You may want to look into that :) ))

ForceFightWMe12
01-06-2006, 04:50 PM
((OOC: Don't worry, I was waiting for that :D ))

IC:

Kira looked up slightly as she felt...something press against her mind. It wasn't a Force contact, so it wasn't a Jedi...her glance shifted slightly to Crystal, who appeared to be concentrating. She couldn't...
She looked down at the comm. controls quickly, her glance shifting to the cooridinate grid, as if checking their position, her thoughts blank.

One...two...three...four...one...two...three...... The engine coupler isn't functioning...damn droid...one...two...three...four... Atton quickly began counting clicks in his head as he felt an alien force press against his mind. This wasn't as if it were Kreia's or Kira's touch...this was...different, somehow...

JasraLantill
01-06-2006, 04:57 PM
"Moon Shadow? This is the Jedi Exile Kira of the Ebon Hawk."

Jasra’s lips drew into a satisfied grin. So, the Exile was on board. Good. Now all that remained was to get her to the rendezvous point on the war-torn surface of Taris and collect the credits for the job. But how to do that with the minimum amount of hassle?

Jasra’s mind whirled. She could lie about why she was here--try to convince the Exile with some made-up sob story or an imaginary but plausible plea by the Republic. But, lies could get messy. And, there was the fact that the Exile was once a Jedi. And that Karda, who was probably monitoring her communications, was definitely one. Even if they couldn’t sense her Force affinity, Jasra’s masking ability didn’t extend to covering deceit. If either of them determined Jasra was lying, and she had a strange feeling that someone would, that could be a problem.

Then again, she could tell the truth. Well, maybe not *all* the truth. Just mostly the truth. Jasra really didn’t know who hired her, not that she cared anyway, but what she did know was that her employer didn’t want the Exile dead. At least not yet. But if the Exile refused his offer, well… Even so, Jasra speculated, that wouldn’t be her problem. It would be the Exile’s.

“This is Jasra Lantill on the Republic scout ship Moon Shadow,” Jasra answered after a moment. “Jedi Exile, eh? What a coincidence! You’re just the person who I was looking for. And,” she added, “it looks like I wasn’t the only one--a Jedi, a stowaway who nearly made your two ships collide then disappears in a strange ship, Hedra the Hutt’s pirates…. You seem to be quite the popular target in this section of space. Of course, I’m the only one who hasn’t tried to board or fire upon you, but then again, my employer only wishes to speak with you, not kill you.

“I was instructed to bring you to a meeting point on Taris. Taris isn’t much to look at these days, but it’s still habitable in certain places. If you would just meet with my employer, I promise I’ll watch your back until your business with him is complete.”

There was a pause.

“When Hedra’s pirates don’t return,” Jasra added, “you can bet she’ll send more of them next time. And, aren’t you just a bit curious to know the reason why?”

ForceFightWMe12
01-06-2006, 05:32 PM
Exile didn't answer immediatly. This sounded too much like a trap. Only this one, unlike the last one on Nar Shaadaa, she held most of the cards. She looked to Atton, who looked just as hesitant as she was.
She pressed the comm. again. "Meeting? What kind of meeting?"

Writer
01-06-2006, 05:41 PM
"She contemplated lying to you," Crystal said in a low voice. "Be vary cautious in agreeing to a meeting such as this." She frowned thoughtfully. "She's in this for credits... though her thoughts have yet to turn to what her employer might want with you. Can you ask about it?"

ForceFightWMe12
01-06-2006, 05:54 PM
Kira nodded slightly, punching the button again, "What is this meeting? What does your employer want with me?"
"This is getting worse by the minute." Atton said. "First that Jedi shows up, looking for you, then those pirates, and now her. I think we should get out of the Nar Shadaa sector and fast."

JasraLantill
01-06-2006, 06:34 PM
“As far as I know, my employer only wants to talk to you,” Jasra answered Kira.

Which is the truth. As far as I care to speculate.

“I know you are suspicious, Kira.”

You’d be stupid not to be.

“In fact, I have my own suspicions about him.”

And some very definite, but rude opinions.

“I believe he’s hired others besides me to find you.”

The slimy little Hutt slug! Whoever he is.

“And it would be my extreme pleasure to confront him about his ‘lack of professional consideration.’”

And perhaps blast him into oblivion. Well, after he’s paid me, of course.

“So all I can tell you is that he wants to meet with you. Face to face. More specifically, he said your “physical presence is necessary for the conversation to be productive.”

Productive how? Ah, well, that is the 20,000 credit question, isn’t it?

“My offer to escort you to Taris is genuine. I don’t wish you any harm.”

Of course, once you've met with him, you’re on your own, sister.

“But if you don’t meet with him, I can assure you there will be others who will want to meet with you.”

Probably lots of them, probably with blasters, and probably sooner than later.

“But it’s up to you, Kira. If you decide not to come with me to Taris, I’ll leave you be. After all, I have no personal grudge against you.”

Yet.

ForceFightWMe12
01-06-2006, 06:38 PM
Kira looked to Atton and Crystal.
"I still don't like this. This has 'trap' written all over it." Atton murmured.
"Did you get anything from her?" Kira asked Crystal.
"'Get anything'? What're you talking about?" Atton asked.
Kira didn't answer. She had an idea of what Crystal was doing...but she wouldn't mention it yet. She would talk with her first.

Writer
01-06-2006, 06:48 PM
"20,000 credits," Crystal murmured. She shuddered. "I'm liking this less and less. She doesn't know her employer's exact reasons for wanting to see you, but she doesn't much care. So long as she gets her money, she'll deal with him... even if she hates him enough to call him some less than flattering things."

She shook her head. "I don't know, Kira... I just don't like this. She's not doing anything to us yet... but I can't garuntee it'll stay that way."

ForceFightWMe12
01-06-2006, 06:51 PM
"She also said that there were others hired to find me...perhaps they'd be less welcoming than her...I don't know..." Kira sighed and sagged against the dash. "Why is it that everywhere I go I'm always being hunted?"

Writer
01-06-2006, 07:18 PM
"This one might be bought," Crystal said thoughtfully. "She's in the job for the credits... doesn't much care what happens to you after she gets her money. But then she also wouldn't mind killing her current employer... so long as she gets her money." She paused thoughtfully. "I don't know about you, but I have some money we might use to persuade this Jasra Lantill to help us."

She sighed. "We have to find out what this employer of hers wants you for. Get me close enough and I can find out... but I still don't like the thought of going along with this. If Jasra contacts him, I can maybe trace the signal, build up a mental network far enough to find him..." she frowned. "It's a big maybe, but it's the only thing I can think of that might work to tell us what he wants."

ForceFightWMe12
01-06-2006, 07:35 PM
((OOC: Post 680! Whou-hou! Sorry...))

IC:

"Even combined, I doubt the whole crew of this ship could pay her off. 200,000 credits is a lot of money, and someone happened to blow all our earnings at a pazzack game..." Kira said, a hint of a grin on her face.
"Hey, odds were good. Sort of." Atton said, shrugging his shoulders.
"Even if we leave her, we'll probably still be hunted...Maybe we should deal with this guy, see what he wants..."
"Nuh-uh, no way, bad idea." the Scoundrel said.
"I don't know...it may be our only choice...unless Crystal can establish a connection." The Exile turned to her, "What do you need to be able to trace a connection?"

Writer
01-06-2006, 07:40 PM
Crystal was thoughtfully silent as she tried to see how far she could expand her thought bubble. With a frown, she shook her head.

"If I'm going to hear what's on his mind, we'll have to be closer than we are," she said. "Just over whatever planet he's on." She hesitated. "I suggest going along with Jasra for now. If I catch any kind of trouble, I'll stay close to you so you'll be the first to know."

ForceFightWMe12
01-06-2006, 07:45 PM
Kira looked worried and Atton knew it. The Scoundrel placed a hand on her shoulder. "I said I'd protect you. I meant it."
The Exile closed her eyes, and sighed. "I don't want to fight anymore. I don't want to kill." she murmured, hardly loud enough for anyone to hear. She hit the comm. button, "Jasra? Is that offer for escort to Taris still open?"

3yks
01-06-2006, 07:47 PM
So, he was right, there was a good chance of me bumping into this 'jedi exile' on my hunt. whoever would have figured. (Feel free to pick that up crystal, but not the location of his ship)

Brax had rested his ship nearly ontop of the hawk. He was so close that if the force wasn't guiding his every momveement, they would probably have collided by now. But this would let him listen in to all their conversations, and follow them wherever they happened to go. It wasn't comfortable in his tiny ship, but he was used to that.

Jasra had seen the ship, for those few seconds. It was beautiful, about the length of two men laying head to head. The front end was a point, like a blade. The pilot laid down in the ship, more or less. Laying in the hollow part that carveded out from that tip. And it was solid black, even the area that must have been how the pilot saw out. A small astromech droid was deposited on the tip, a half rounded, half angled head all that peaked out. (I have a drawing I will get around to posting when i have more time)

Writer
01-06-2006, 07:55 PM
Crystal jumped. "Wha..." she murmured. She closed her eyes momentarily and frowned.

"I don't mean to cause any alarm," she said quietly, "but our stowaway is still somewhere close... but as to where exactly, I'm not sure."

JasraLantill
01-06-2006, 08:27 PM
Tappity, tappity, tappity…

Jasra lightly drummed her fingernails on the console. They were taking too long, she thought. If the Exile didn’t come with her, not only would she lose her bounty, but someone else would quite possibly collect it! Damn that reclusive, soul-sucking, son-of-a-banth ….

”Jasra? Is that offer for escort to Taris still open?"

Tap.

Jasra straightened up in her chair, not from disbelief in what she had heard, but in alarm at what she had felt. Even from this distance she could sense Kira’s reluctance to fight, her need for…peace. There is no emotion, there is peace. The Jedi Code echoed in her ears in the sound of her former Master’s voice. And, for a brief moment, Jasra felt shame. And fear. In quick reaction, she pulled her connection to the Force in even deeper, wanting to bury it, hiding from it as she hid it from others.

“You’re accepting my offer?” she asked Kira through the comm. “Just like that?”

Oops. Jasra mentally kicked herself for saying that last bit out loud. Maybe they would mistake her moment of fear for suspicion. She hoped so. She took a deep breath, and willed the Jedi Code and any thoughts of her former Master out of her head.

The Jedi say they speak truths, she thought to herself, and then they lie. They say you are never alone, and then they abandon you. They say the Dark Side is evil, but it’s the only way you can survive.

“I’ll give you the co-ordinates to the rendezvous point at Taris,” she said calmly into the comm. “I’m to contact my employer for further instructions upon arrival, so be on your guard. I will.”

ForceFightWMe12
01-06-2006, 08:27 PM
"All the more reason to get out of here." Kira said, still awaiting a response from the Moon Shadow.

Writer
01-06-2006, 08:38 PM
Crystal jumped and stared out toward Jasra's ship. "There is no emotion..." she muttered. "What?" She glanced over at Kira and Atton. "Guys, I think Jasra may have had a little Jedi training... she just recited a portion of the Jedi code to herself."

She frowned. "She's also afraid... though of what, I'm not yet sure. Keep her talking... the more she thinks, the more I catch. But agree to go with her... I want to hear the thoughts of the employer behind her."

ForceFightWMe12
01-06-2006, 08:47 PM
((OOC: Heheh, Jasra and me posted at the exact same time. :D ))

IC:

"Is there some reason why we wouldn't go?" Kira asked into the comm. "Some reason we shouldn't?" She was already almost positive that this was a trap, but Crystal said she may have Jedi training...perhaps if she...
"Perhaps some way that you'd betray us? That your greed would get the better of you?"
"Some way that you'd murder us??" Atton shouted.
"Quiet, Atton. Remember what little I've taught you of the Code..."
"There is no emotion, there is peace. Got it." Atton said, catching on to the Exile's plan.

JasraLantill
01-06-2006, 09:39 PM
Jasra’s mouth dropped. What? Did she hear Kira right? Her index finger slammed down hard on the comm key.

“Me?” she snapped, her control of her emotions wavering as she reacted from what she perceived as threats from Kira. “Betray? Murder? You’re one to talk about betrayal…Exile. If anything, I should be wary that you won’t betray or murder me. After all, I’m sure that your body count is much higher than mine. Jedi… Sith… you’re all the same,” she scoffed. “How do I know you won’t turn on me once I’ve contacted my employer? Hmm?

“Perhaps you’re right. Perhaps you shouldn’t come with me. Perhaps I’ll just leave you to deal with my employer on your own. Just remember, I didn’t have to help out with those pirates. I could have just stood back and watched!”

Like I watched my Master, she thought. Watched the Sith cut her down, while I hid where she had told me to. Jasra leaned back in her chair. She could feel olds fears begin to surface. Fear of discovery, fear of loss, fear of …forgiveness. And why? What or who was making her recall all these feelings that she thought were long since buried?

She tried to shake it off, focusing on the task of plotting a course for Taris. No amount of credits was worth this anguish, she thought.

“I’m going to Taris,” she said into the comm. “Stay or follow, it’s of no matter to me.”

Writer
01-06-2006, 09:46 PM
"Master," Crystal murmured. "She was in Jedi training. The Sith killed her Master. She fears loss..." she tilted her head. "Fears forgiveness... but she's not quite sure why." She shook her head. "I've been slightly manipulating her thought processess, but I can't do much more without her discovering me. I'd better pull back to simple observation again."

ForceFightWMe12
01-06-2006, 09:59 PM
Betray? Murder? You're one to talk about betrayal...Exile!....I'm sure your body count is much higher than mine...
The words cut through the Jedi like a knife. Tears welled in Kira's eyes as nightmares from her past surfaced. She tried to calm herself, stop the flow...but no Jedi teaching helped her here. No Jedi had seen the amount of slaughter...killed as many...as she had...
Kira stood, her face turned downward in an attempt to hide her tears. "Atton..." her voice was shakey at first, but she strengthened. Sort of. "Follow her. We will see what this person wants." If they want to kill me, let them try. Perhaps, for once, they'll succeed...
"I'll be meditating in the dorm if anyone needs me..." and with that, the Exile was gone.
Atton watched her go, the sound of her shaking voice imprinted on his mind. What this Jasra had said had truely stung her...With a sigh, the Scoundrel took a familiar seat in the captain's chair.
"Alright...here we go. Whether to our deaths or not, who knows..."

Writer
01-06-2006, 10:02 PM
Tears found their way to Crystal's eyes. One of the drawbacks of mind-reading was how often emotions flooded the mind. Emotions, nightmares. Crystal glanced out at Jasra's ship for a second before turning to follow the Exile. If Kira needed someone to talk to, who better than one who had already seen her mind?

"Kira," she called quietly. "You may not want to talk right now, but I think it might be helpful."

JasraLantill
01-07-2006, 09:24 AM
"Master," Crystal murmured. "She was in Jedi training. The Sith killed her Master. She fears loss..." she tilted her head. "Fears forgiveness... but she's not quite sure why." She shook her head. "I've been slightly manipulating her thought processess, but I can't do much more without her discovering me. I'd better pull back to simple observation again."
Jasra’s hand hovered over the ship’s hyperdrive controls, ready to head off to Taris. Suddenly, like the release from a high-pressure valve, a wave of regained control washed through her. She shook her head.

What was she doing? she asked herself. Why had she lashed out at the Exile like that? It wasn’t like her to lose her cool. She had blown this job and its very lucrative payment over what? A few words from an exiled Jedi? Something wasn’t right here. From the moment she had gotten near the Exile’s ship, she had felt…odd.

She frowned. Was the Exile using some sort of Force technique on her that was causing her memories and feelings to go haywire? She had only been thirteen when her Master had died—only a young Padawan when the Council had sent them away from the Academy on Coruscant, along with the rest of the Jedi, in order to avoid Sion’s force-sensitive seeking Sith. Sure, she had survived, even picked up a few Force tricks on her own over the last six years, but she was far from being an expert.

She looked through the viewing window at Karda’s ship. Perhaps it wasn’t the Exile at all. Perhaps it was Karda, she speculated. After all, he had been rather quiet since the pirates had been destroyed. Surely he had been monitoring her transmissions to the Ebon Hawk. And it wasn’t like a Jedi to pass up the chance to show off their skills at mediation or boast about their hypocritical beliefs on justice.

She waited for a moment, then silently cursed herself before she hit the comm button one more time. “Ebon Hawk…erm… I’m sorry. I’m…I’m just a bit on edge here. If you still wish me to escort you to Taris, then I will. If not, then I’ll be on my way. Just say the word. And not that it’s worth much to you,” she added, “but I swear that I’ll do my best to protect you from any harm while you’re there.” She hailed Karda’s ship. “And what about you, Jedi? Are you coming, staying, or what?”

ForceFightWMe12
01-07-2006, 01:06 PM
"You can save your apologies for later, the Exile isn't here. Though I an escort isn't too bad of an idea." Atton said, warming up the engines which had been in idle for a rather long time.

~*~*~

"So many dead..." Exile said quietly, her back facing Crystal, "So much blood...it's something that no one should have to experience...Malachor..."
"General, we can't rush the Mandalorians! They refuse to give ground, it's suicide! Half our 'toon is already dead! You saw the mines we ran through. We don't have any strength left..."
"We just need our reinforcements-"
"General, there is no one coming. There is no one left.
"Hundreds died that day..." she turned to face Crystal now, saying "I'm sorry, I shouldn't speak of this to you...It's...it's too hard."

Writer
01-07-2006, 01:09 PM
"If it helps you to speak, then speak," Crystal answered, taking a small step forward. Tears were filling her eyes. "It's not like your mind isn't leaking it to me anyway."

ForceFightWMe12
01-07-2006, 01:27 PM
The Exile chuckled hollowly. "Then what would be the point of talking, as you know everything I have seen and what I am thinking?"
Kira smiled forlornly, "No...I think it is best that I deal with this on my own...but thank you."
And with that, she left down the corridor, continuing to head for the dormitory.
Perhaps that's where I belong...in Exile.

((OOC: Where's Rob and the Doctor?...hmmm...))

Writer
01-07-2006, 01:46 PM
((No idea... but Crystal isn't happy right now... as you'll see :( :p ))

With a frown Crystal followed, muttering something that sounded like, "Ozh gos tiv'zht tale!" and lifted a hand, stopping Kira in her tracks. "The point isn't my need to hear your words, fanpiv! The point is your need to speak." She dropped her hand and took a deep breath as if trying to calm herself before continuing.

"If you don't trust me and that's the reason you merely want to be alone, then I understand and will leave you alone," she said quietly. "But if you're merely being a stubborn civzh, then you can expect me to be a little annoyed!"

((Be a little confused here... Crystal is speaking a language nobody knows. I put that language in italics... but I suspect you'd have been able to tell anyway :D ))

ForceFightWMe12
01-07-2006, 02:57 PM
What did she say?
It was strange...Crystal had spoken in a language that even Kira couldn't understand.
"What is it that you want to hear me say? That I and my companions lead a glorious assault against the last of the Sith to save the ones we loved? That I valiantly lead the soldiers under me into battle against all odds? It is nothing like that..."

Writer
01-08-2006, 12:56 AM
"It has nothing to do with a need for me to hear you speak," Crystal answered, much more calmly now. "It has more to do with your need to speak." She sighed. "Kira, I know you haven't spoken of your feelings on these subjects to anyone... not even to yourself. True, you allow a few memories to surface, but that's not enough."

She glanced away for a second before turning back to Kira. "You've hidden your feelings, even from yourself... understand this; if you do so long term, it will kill you. It's helpful to talk it through." She glanced away for a second again before moving forward a little and gesturing toward the dormitory.

"But not here in the middle of the hall," she said. "We'll move to a somewhat more secluded place. You need to talk your feelings through, but the others need to see you as a strong leader. You know this and therefore you wouldn't be able to do what you need to in such an open place."

"Ozh Gost!" Crystal murmured in what seemed like amusement. "Xzhav an I tayiph?"

She shook her head and followed Kira into the dormitory.

The Doctor
01-08-2006, 01:02 AM
((Ok guys, I'm back from my temp ban, and am glad to be back.))

It was utter bliss. He simply lay there in the zero room, not wanting to open his eyes. He didn't even have to worry about the TARDIS - he had taken off without setting a course, and the TARDIS had been flying aimlessly through the time matrix for over a week. He lay there, his mind wandering to his favourite planet. It was called Earth. He thought of his favourite city, London, his mind falling breifly on the time he had saved it from the Master, with a great deal of help from Nyssa... Nyssa!
The Doctor's eyes snapped open, his memory rushing back. The Jedi Exile, Kira Starr, needed his help, as did his friends. He sat bolt upright, marvelling at how very clear his thoughts had become - the regeneration was complete. He burst through the door from the zero room and ran flat out to the console room. He began flicking switches as fast as he could, setting a course for the Ebon Hawk - barely a picosecond after he left. Nobody would notice he was gone.
=====================================
The TARDIS flickered for a fraction of a second, not noticeable to anyone, even a droid. A strange man burst from the doors, and, closing the door behind him, he ran to the cockpit of the Ebon Hawk. As he turned into it, he saw a small group of people, including his companions Nyssa and Tegan. Nobody had noticed him yet.
*Hello there. I'm back!*
((I would have made the Doctor run in to Kira and Crystal, but I don't know if WJ and FFWM want to be alone for a while to continue their current dialogue.))

RC-1162
01-08-2006, 06:33 AM
((welcome back, Doc. we missed ya))

Kreta paced up and down in the ancient Sith ship. He had Massasi to carry out his every peck and call and was very comfortable in the Dark Ship. But there was a feeling in the back of his head. That he would lose the war along with his friend, Malagant if they continued just like this. He had to discuss tactics with the Sith Lord soon. Right now, he would grab a bite to eat and think it over as he did so.

RobQel-Droma
01-08-2006, 02:58 PM
(((Sorry I've been gone so long, and I don't even have a temp ban as an excuse for it. I had to catch up fast)))

Karda sat in the cockpit of his fighter, listening to the transmissions between the Moon Shadow and the Ebon Hawk over again. He had been silent on the comm system, hoping to learn Jasra's intentions, but he had too many questions.

For one, he kept feeling a small amount of force sensitivity on Jasra, which was strange. He also sensed a small mental intrusion into her mind, yet- it wasn't from the force. It was from some other source or power.

He did not trust her, or her offer of escort to Taris. Obviously a trap, but why did somebody want the Jedi Exile, and why were their others? The strange stowaway that had appeared in her ship, and the three space pirates that had come and attacked her ship.

Something's wrong. Too many people know about and are interested in the Exile. The words came through his mind again and again as he meditated in his cargo hold.

I don't trust any of them. Not even the Exile now. Or Revan and the Doctor. All this can't be a coincidence. The Jedi Masters must see the Exile, and this Jasra, or these unknown entities approaching her cannot interfere. But who is hunting Kira, and why? He suddenly felt very distrustful of them in the ship.

And that female who got on board their ship on Nar Shaddaa. Something is different about her, something I can't place. Karda needed to speak with the Exile. Something else was at work here, something that he couldn't place.

Walking into the Exile's ship, he found Atton Rand. Guarding his mind and keeping watch for any disturbances, he approached him. "Where's Kira? I need to speak with her immediately about this 'Jasra'."

ForceFightWMe12
01-08-2006, 04:57 PM
"She's in the dormitories, but...I wouldn't disturb her right now. She's...she was pretty shaken after what Jasra had said." Atton said rather quietly. He kept his eyes down, checking the nav charts over and over again, even though there was never a flux or difference in the information. "I would give her some time before you start interogating her."

~*~*~

"I...I don't even know where to start..." the Exile said as she and Crystal entered the dormitory. Kira pressed her back against the cool metal of one of the bunks, sliding to the floor. "So much has happened..."

((OOC: And I really don't know...:D ))

Writer
01-08-2006, 05:08 PM
((We'll just sorta skip an hour, have both Kira and Crystal in tears and call it good :D ))

An hour later...

Crystal sat in silence, tears in her eyes. Then, quietly, she stood and said, "That helped you... I can tell." She wiped her eyes and turned toward the door. "If you ever feel the need to talk more of this through, don't hesitate to get me."

She opened the door and went out, carefully masking her emotions. Truth be told, she felt relieved. Because of Kira's mental 'leakage' before this, Crystal had known some of what the Exile had been dealing with... and it was weighing both of them down. Now that Kira had been willing to talk some of it through, some of the burden fell away from Crystal as well.

"Vzhapl you," she murmured glancing back toward the dormitory.

ForceFightWMe12
01-08-2006, 06:10 PM
Kira was refreshed, relieved. Relaxed, even. Perhaps Crystal was right. Maybe she really did just need to talk about it. "Thank you." she murmured in response to Crystal's offer. As she stood to walk out, the Exile asked, "What is that language you keep speaking? I've never heard it before."

Writer
01-08-2006, 06:21 PM
Crystal shook her head. "Something I picked up as a child," she said. "Nobody's been able to identify what it is." She shrugged. "A habit of mine, I suppose... if I get annoyed or amused, the words tend to slip out without my actually meaning to use them."

The Doctor
01-08-2006, 09:30 PM
((Who is in the cockpit right now? Atton isn't, and I know Kira and Crystal are in the dormitories. Is Disciple in there? I kinda need someone to be in there right now.... may be Revan?))

JasraLantill
01-08-2006, 09:41 PM
With her own course to Taris already laid in, Jasra transmitted the landing co-ordinates for the meeting place to the Ebon Hawk.

Taris had been virtually destroyed by Malak’s fleet; but there had been some survivors, and the scraggly remnants of the lower city gangs had quickly stepped in to ‘manage’ what little remained. Chaos, not the Republic ruled there, and Taris was fast becoming a favoured pitstop for mercenaries and spice traders—and cantinas, pazaak dens, and spice parlours had sprouted up like weeds. With the constant conflicts between the gangs for control, Taris was even worse than Nar Shaddaa. Although it did have one redeeming quality. It smelled better.

Jasra’s thoughts wandered to the rendezvous point her employer had chosen—a cantina run by a Devaronian named Sig. For Taris standards, Sig’s place wasn’t a hive of criminal activity, but it looked the part having enough shady looking customers with not much to do apart from drink Juma Juice, chew spice, and squint at people. At one time, Jasra had been desperate enough for credits to have done some dancing for Sig. He paid worse than a Hutt, but he did have the reputation for keeping his dancers safe from any unwanted advances by over appreciative customers. But after this job, she’d have enough credits to never have to degrade herself like that ever again. She sighed. That is, if she hadn’t blown this job already.

While she waited for word that they were ready to depart, she wondered why Karda still hadn’t yet answered her. His ship was now docked with the Ebon Hawk. He was probably trying to talk the Exile out of going to Taris—telling that her it could be a trap, that she shouldn’t trust Jasra, that she should talk to the Jedi Masters first, yada, yada, yada….

Jasra hoped the Exile didn’t listen to him and change her mind. After all, it was the Jedi Council that had exiled her in the first place, so why should she show any allegiance to them now? More importantly, if the Jedi Karda did fail to convince her, Jasra hoped that he didn’t decide to come along. Providing an escort to an exiled Jedi was one thing, but to have an actual Jedi along for the ride? She certainly could do without that.

ForceFightWMe12
01-09-2006, 07:58 PM
((OOC: Actually, Atton's in the cockpit. He's preping the Hawk to go to Taris. And Rob, if its alright, I'm going to have your character go for a cup of coffee :D ))

"Hmm...strange." Kira said, storing away what Crystal had told her. "If you'll excuse me, I think I'll check on Atton..."

~*~*~

A light bleeped on the star charts, and Atton hit a button, allowing the coordinates sent to him by Jasra to log themselves into the nav computer.
"How are we doing?" Kira asked, as she entered the cockpit, looking over the Scoundrel's shoulder.
"Not too bad. We just got our coordinates, and we're ready to jump. Just waiting for the go-ahead from our 'Republic' friend over there." he swivled the chair around, facing the Exile. "Are you alright? Before you had me pretty scared..."
"Oh...yeah, I'm fine. Sorry about that." Kira said, her face tinging slightly red. "I just had to...think things through, a little."
"Well, I'm glad to see you alright. Oh, and before I forget, the other Jedi is looking for you."
"Who? Karda? Where is he?"
"I think he went to go get some java or something."

~*~*~

Kira came into the main hold, moments later, to find Karda, a steeming mug in his hands. "You wanted to see me?"

The Doctor
01-09-2006, 10:22 PM
((OK, I've changed what's going on with the Doctor. He's walked into the cockpit after Kira has left and Atton is alone in there.))
The Doctor turned into the cockpit. There was Atton, sitting at the pilot station, laying in the coordinates for - he squinted slightly - Taris. He walked up silently behind Atton, not saying a word until he was only a foot behind Atton's chair.
*Hello there, Atton. I'm back*

RobQel-Droma
01-09-2006, 11:18 PM
"Hmm? Oh yeah, there's something I want to talk to you about." Karda said. "It's about Jasra- Maybe this really isn't news, but frankly, I don't trust her, or who she is working for. There's too many people looking for you, it just isn't natural. I think it would be better if you went back to the Jedi Council, then you can perhaps clear this up."

Writer
01-10-2006, 01:03 AM
Crystal listened from a distance, catching the thoughts of Karda and Kira rather than their words. While she agreed with him on not trusting Jasra, she didn't want Kira to go back to the Jedi Council... not yet. Carefully, lightly, she planted suggestions in Kira's mind.

But we have to find out who's behind Jasra, the implanted thought whispered in Kira's mind, in Kira's voice. Running away isn't an option... if we run, we can't discover all of who's after us. No, Karda. We have to keep going. If we get close enough, Crystal says she can figure out who Jasra's employer is.

With the thoughts sent to Kira's head, Crystal pulled her thought bubble back, just far enough to be undetected, but still close enough to hear what was going on.

ForceFightWMe12
01-10-2006, 04:45 PM
"But we have to find out who's behind Jasra," Kira said, "Running away isn't an option... if we run, we can't discover all of who's after us. No, Karda. We have to keep going. If we get close enough, Crystal says she can figure out who Jasra's employer is."
Kira had to stop herself from showing her confusion. Those words...weren't hers. She agreed with them...but...
"Besides, even if we leave to speak with the Council, more will come. It seems to me that it would be smarter to go to see this mysterious employer first."
The Exile studied Karda for a moment, before adding "I know what you're thinking, and I won't run away. I won't, I promise."

Writer
01-10-2006, 06:11 PM
Crystal grinned and pulled her thought bubble back just far enough so that all she felt was Jasra. She picked up on a few of the woman's thoughts... where the meeting was to take place. Then, she wrinkled her forehead. As Jasra thought of how she'd once danced for Sig, images flashed through her head and were picked up by Crystal.

"Fithutviph!" she exclaimed as a convulsive shudder ran through her and she lost her concentration. Her thought bubble collapsed, enclosing only her own mind.

The Doctor
01-11-2006, 04:27 PM
((FFWM, is Atton the only one in the cockpit? Someone needs to acknowledge this strange new comer who nobody recognizes.))

Writer
01-11-2006, 07:48 PM
((Um... is the Doctor's mind still the same? 'Cause if it is, that would be a rather entertaining sequence to do with Crystal... since she'd feel his mind approaching, but after seeing him, she'd probably freak out :D ))

The Doctor
01-11-2006, 08:53 PM
((It is almost identical, though it does have small differences. This Doctor is different than the previous one in that he is less sarcastic, taking a more direct approach at humour. His intelligence is also more obvious, and he explains himself even less than his previous selves. He is more compassionate, as well as more protective of those he cares about - which will play an important role with a particular character later.
Maybe the Doctor landed the TARDIS wrong, and only Crystal can see or hear him, being a telepath, just like him. That would explain why Atton doesn't notice him, and why nobody has ackknowledged him yet.))

The Doctor stared at Atton for a moment, who did nothing. He moved over to the pilot's chair. He raised his right hand, hesitated, then waved it energetically in front of Atton's eyes. Atton did nothing, his eyes remaining on the controls. The Doctor reached out with his telepathic abilities, trying to reach Atton's Jedi senses. Nothing happened.
*I must have miscalculated the spacial flux...* he pondered out loud. *I'm out of phase with......* he trailed off.
There was no way he knew how to fix the problem using anything but the TARDIS - and doing it could blow a whole in the side of the Ebon Hawk.
*That's what I get,* he said, sighing heavily. *For not double checking my controls. Oh, how I wish I still had Romana....* he trailed off, thinking of a way to fix the problem without compromising the Ebon Hawk's life support system. It was a simple matter of re-alligning the Ebon Hawk's hyperdrive coils to emit a coherrnt tetryon field. He was sure Bao-Dur could do it, but had no way of communicating the solution with him. He was mentally kicking himself for making such a foolish mistake when it hit him - Crystal. She was a telepath, and should be able to sense him. He ran through the Ebon Hawk's corridors, looking for her, calling out her name, hoping that she would hear him.

RobQel-Droma
01-11-2006, 11:17 PM
Karda thought for a moment, studying Kira. "All right, I guess. But I would suggest you be careful- are you sure you won't change your mind? This isn't going to be good, it doesn't feel right." He stopped for a moment. "I won't stop you, but I must insist that it would be better for you to go back to the Jedi Masters, instead of going off like this with some strange person."

Writer
01-12-2006, 12:30 AM
Crystal had her hands over her eyes, but nothing was wrong with her hearing. Someone was calling her... she opened her eyes and after a quick mental scan (and another shudder as the scan brought the mental picture of Jasra dancing for Sig), she realized that it was the Doctor calling her. With that knowledge mixed with a little confusion as to why he wanted her, she ran off to find him.

When she was close enough that she could see him, she said, "What is it, Doctor?" Then, she saw him and exclaimed, "Ozh Gost! Xzhav zhaquesef vo you?"

She reached out to him mentally and found slight differences in his mental structure. Then, she translated herself. "What happened to you?"

ForceFightWMe12
01-12-2006, 03:22 PM
((OOC: Sorry, I didn't respond, Doc, but I think that this version may be a bit more entertaining :P ))

IC:

"Look, Karda..." Kira began, "I thank you for your concern but I've been in some rather tight spots before, and, with the help of my companions, managed to survive. I doubt that anything waiting on Taris for us would be more than we can handle."
She paused a moment, "I won't stop you from returning to the Council, if you wish to leave...though it would be helpful to have another Jedi for the proceedings on Taris."

The Doctor
01-12-2006, 04:47 PM
((No problem, FFWM. This way is a little funner, anyway.:)))
*The new appearence? I've regenerated - it's difficult to explain. You see, my people have the ability to heal faster than most species. To heal mortal wounds, however, we must sacrifice our wounded body. I was attacked by our intruder, and forced to sacrifice my body to survive. It's a shame, really - I rather liked that body.* he jumped as if he had just rememberd something. *Oh, and what do you think of my new face, by the way? I wasn't so sure of it myself, at first, but it sort of grows on you. Nice and youthful, don't you think?* he said, looking at himself in the semi-reflective bulkhead. *At anyrate, I'm glad you can hear and see me. You see, I tried speaking to Atton in the cockpit, as well as T3-M4 down the hallway, and neither one of them responded. I know Atton can be difficult at some times, but he wouldn't ignore a complete stranger, which is what I would appear to be to him.* the Doctor paused, taking a deep breath, then continued. *I must have miscalculated the spacial flux capacitor value while landing the TARDIS, as I seem to be slightly out of phase with the rest of the universe - to put it in terms a being from your galaxy can understand, I'm in between universes. I can fix the problem, but it would be dangerous to the Ebon Hawk. Unless you help me, that is.*
((BTW WJ, his voice has changed too, as well as his physical appearence.))
==================================
Tegan and Nyssa sat in the garage bay, speaking of their concerns for the Doctor - as he had told them, this was his 14th body - he was only supposed to get 13. Nyssa said that even though she had studied Gallifreyan regeration in school on Traken, she had never heard of a Time Lord regenerating for a 13th time. Tegan stood up suddenly.
"Well that doesn't matter, Nyssa! I'm going in to see if he's alright! We can't leave him alone tight now!" she walked off to the docking bay hatch. She was about to open the door, when the sound of the engines (http://www.dwwa.net/Tardis/Takeoff2.wav) kicking in made her jump back. "Doctor?" she asked quietly. "Doctor?!?" she had to scream the last one, as the engines grew louder and louder. The TARDIS faded out of existance. Nyssa came running behind Tegan. Tegan turned around, her eyes filled with tears. At that moment, the sound of the TARDIS returned - but it was different (http://www.dwwa.net/dr3/Spearhead/Brkdown.wav) than the sound she knew. She turned around to stare at where the sound indicated the TARDIS would appear, but it never did.

Writer
01-13-2006, 12:45 PM
((I figured so, but I also assumed that he'd be attempting to reach her mentallly more than audibly. So she's responded to the mental call more than the verbal call. :) ))

"Oh..." Crystal murmured. She nodded. "Of course. I'll help in any way I can."

The Doctor
01-13-2006, 09:42 PM
*Excellent, thank you. We will need to speak with Bao-Dur - he's the only one on board who can modify the Ebon Hawk's engines reliably.*

The Doctor
01-18-2006, 09:58 PM
((Since this thread hasn't been posted in for a long time, wildjedi has given me permission to take control of Crystal for one post to get things rolling again.
I will also be posting as Bao-Dur here, as it hasn't been specified if FFWM is controlling him or not, I don't think. You may take control of him at any time, FFWM.))

Bao-Dur was lying down on his back in the engine room, his head inside a conduit. He was trying to repair a coolant line before it ruptured and killed everyone on board. He shifted his hand across the floor, looking for the circuit bridge. It was handed to him. "Thanks, T3." he said.
"Don't mention it." said a female voice. Bao-Dur started, smacking his head into the conduit trying to sit up. He got his head untangled from the cables, and found himself looking at a woman he knew only by sight, someone who Kira had invited onboard the Hawk.
"Where did you come from?"
"It doesn't matter." said Crystal. "The Doctor needs your help."
"The Doc.... who?"
"A friend of Kira, just like me."
Bao-Dur sighed heavily. "Any friend of the General's is a friend of mine. How can I help? Where is this 'Doctor'?"
Crystal looked uncertain for a moment how to proceed. She decided that honesty was the best policy.
"He's right here. About a foot to my right."
Bao-Dur looked around the room, but saw nobody else there. "Is this some kind of joke?"
"No, no joke." she paused. "He says that you can trust me....." she said, knowing how stupid this sounded. "He also says your fear is baseless, and that she's alright. You're supposed to know what that means, but..." ((This again has no impact on the story.)) Crystal was silent for a moment, as if listening to something, then continued.
"The Doctor ways that he needs you to, and I quote: 'initiate a coherent tetryon field from the hyperdrive coils'."
Bao-Dur stared at her. He had studied tachyon fields, but didn't have any practical experience with them.
"He says he can guide you through it if you want."
He didn't know what to sat. Was this woman just playing mind games with her?
"Alright.... I'll try. But I don't know what this will-"
Crystal put up a hand to silence him. She turned her head slightly, then turned and spoke to mid-air.
"What?!?" she said, obviously not understanding what she was hearing. She stared into space for a moment, then nodded, sighed, and turned back to Bao-Dur, who was thouroghly confused. "The Doctor says that - yes I know, Doctor - he says that you'll need a spacial tranceiver."
"I suppose I could find one, somewhere. But what does this, uhm... Doctor hope to accomplish?"
"He says it's beyond your comprehension." she said after a moment. "Sorry." she added as an after thought.
"The Doctor wouldn't happen to be a Jedi, would he?" he asked jokingly. "Alright, I'll give it a try. It shouldn't take long, I just need to find the-"
"The Doctor says that the frequency is 0.00.996. That mean anything to you?"
"Yes." was all he said. He replaced the panel he had been working in, walked to the hyperdrive, and opened the coil assembly unit. He picked up a small, rectangular device with a blue light on the top, and began runninf it along the coils inside.
"The Doctor's left for the TARDIS." said Crystal. Bao-Dur ignored her.
===========================================
The Doctor thanked Crystal then ran out of the room. He ran to the TARDIS, stopping in front of Tegan and Nyssa outside the TARDIS.
*I'll see you both in a moment." he said, knowing full well that they couldn't hear him. He ran into the TARDIS, which they presumably couldn't see, and closed the door behind him. He walked over to one of the monitors on the console and turned it on, monitering the spacial particles on the EBon Hawk. The negative end of the scale sky-rocketed - Bao-Dur had been successful. He reached out with his mind, trying to reach Crystal. He felt her mind distantly.
*Tell him to stop*
He waited a moment. The tetryon particle count remained steady. Smiling, the Doctor pulled a single lever on the TARDIS console, and the pillar began to glow. It moved up and dow a few times, the engine noise (http://www.dwwa.net/Tardis/Takeoff2.wav) began to grind.
===========================================
"Stop."
Bao-Dur stopped immidiately, then looked up.
"Is something wrong?"
"No. That's it. You've done it. The Doctor can return now."
A moment later, they heard the familiar grinding noise (http://www.dwwa.net/Tardis/Takeoff2.wav). They both ran towards the sound, meeting Tegan and Nyssa on the way. The four of them stood there watching as the TARDIS materialised in front of them. The door opened, and a man who Bao-Dur had never seen before stepped out. He immidiately took a liking to the man, his kind face intensified by the strange glass object perched on his nose in front of his eyes. He pulled these off, smiling.
*Thank you, Bao-Dur. I must say I did not enjoy that experience.*

((I'm now passing control of Crystal back to wildjedi.))

JasraLantill
01-20-2006, 10:43 PM
While the tachyions streaming from the hyperdrive coils of the Ebon Hawk ‘fixed’ the Doctor’s problem, they had an unexpected side effect.

The tracer that the Doctor had discovered earlier on Karda’s ship began to vibrate, then glow.

As Jasra was preparing to engage her hyperdrive engines to leave for Taris, an alarm suddenly sounded and a warning light began to flash on the console in front of her.

Jasra frowned. “What the…?” There was an unusual energy field building up in the Moon Shadow’s hyperdrive engine matrix.

Jasra hit a few buttons on the panel, trying to discover the source of the interference as the energy readings from the engines began to soar to a dangerous level. Finally, she found it—the tracer receiver she had used to track Karda’s ship was somehow feeding high levels of tetryion particles directly into the hyperdrive chamber.

“Damn that Jedi!” she said, thinking that Karda had found the tracer and was sending some sort of negative polarity pulse through it to either trace the source or disable it.

She started to shut down power, but it was too late. Sparks shot out of the panels around her as the build up of energy suddenly surged through the systems of her ship. The engines seized with a loud thud, followed by gradual waning tone. The cockpit went completely dark for a moment, then the red emergency lights came on.

Jasra checked what systems, if any, were still working. With no engines, everything was running on energy reserves. The comm system was damaged, but still partially functional—perhaps still good enough for a local transmission. No thrusters, so the Moon Shadow was now adrift. Life support? Well, the unexplained power surge had completely fried those circuits. She estimated she had about 30 minutes left. And the Moon Shadow was too small to have need of escape pods.

Jasra sighed, and then rubbed her forehead. She wasn’t getting out of this situation on her own. “Ebon Hawk, I’ve had a malfunction,” she said into the com link, not knowing if it was even working. “Some sort of energy surge. Power is out and life support systems are failing.” She winced as she said her next words. “Can you assist?”

Her finger hovered over the button for the distress beacon. If she didn’t have communications, the beacon would at least let the Ebon Hawk know something was wrong. Of course, it could attract more pirates. She looked again at the life support gauges. She hit the button. Attracting someone was better than no one.

What was it that her Master had taught her about breath control? It might buy her some more time if she could regulate her breathing. She closed her eyes as she struggled to remember.

The Doctor
01-20-2006, 11:20 PM
The Doctor turned at the sound of a woman's voice coming from the TARDIS' speakers.
“Ebon Hawk, I’ve had a malfunction. Some sort of energy surge. Power is out and life support systems are failing. Can you assist?”
*O dear, that's not good, is it?* said the Doctor. *Is it too dangerous to dock with her ship?* he asked. *Right, stupid question,* he said, not waiting for an answer. *Be back in a jiff!*
He turned around again, closing the TARDIS door behind him. The engines (http://www.dwwa.net/Tardis/Takeoff2.wav) began to kick in, and the TARDIS disapeared.
========================================
A console on the Moon Shadow exploded, sending sparks everywhere. Astrange sound (http://www.dwwa.net/dr3/Claws/longlanding.wav) filled the small ship, followed by a tall blue box. The door opened, and the Doctor's head poked out. He looked around, and noticed a woman sitting at the pilot station.
*Hello there, I'm the Doctor. Need some help?*

JasraLantill
01-20-2006, 11:32 PM
Having had to shield her eyes from the exploding panel, Jasra struggled to focus on the strange man was peeking out from the box that had just appeared before her.

Oxygen deprivation, she surmised. “I must have a hull breach somewhere,” she muttered to herself, shaking her head with disbelief. “I’m hallucinating.”

The Doctor
01-20-2006, 11:36 PM
*I assure you that I am real. I could prove it, if we had time, but unfortunately, we do not.*
The woman didn't move. The Doctor got out of the TARDIS, walking towards her.
*If I were a hallucination, would I be able to do this?* he poked her hard in the forehead. *Now come along, we don't have much time.*

JasraLantill
01-20-2006, 11:42 PM
Jasra slowly rubbed the spot on her forehead. Her eyes narrowed. “Who are you?” she said slowly.

Suddenly, a nearby panel spluttered another shower of sparks, then exploded in a burst of flames.

“Oh, who bloody cares!” she said, bolting out of her seat. “Whoever you are, just get me out of here!”

The Doctor
01-20-2006, 11:54 PM
*Right then, come on!* said the Doctor, grabbing her by the arm and practically throwing her into the TARDIS. He didn't way a word as he worked, flicking switches as fast as he could.
"Do me a favour and pull the lever with the green handle. Right in front of you. Thank you.*
The column in the centre of the console began to move, and the strange sound (http://www.dwwa.net/Tardis/Takeoff2.wav) returned. Once it stopped, the Doctor pushed Jasra out of the way, pulled the lever in the console to her right, opening the door they had entered through.
*Come along, Kira is waiting.*

JasraLantill
01-21-2006, 12:04 AM
Jasra cautiously stepped out of the TARDIS, but instead of her own ship, she found herself in the Ebon Hawk. She frowned, unsure of what had just taken place.

She turned around to face the Doctor. “Who *are* you?” she asked him again. “And what just happened?”

The Doctor
01-21-2006, 12:08 AM
*As I said aboard your ship, whil you were under the impression that I was a hallucination, I am the Doctor. I have brought you to the relative safety of the Ebon Hawk.*

Writer
01-21-2006, 01:46 AM
Crystal cautiously approached the TARDIS. She'd heard the discussion and suspected the Doctor had gone to rescue Jasra. With the TARDIS back, she felt it safe to assume he'd been successful in doing so. Crystal sighed.

Face to face, mind reading is much easier than at greater distances. Crystal suspected that, with Jasra now aboard the Ebon Hawk, she might be able to uncover more secrets Jasra might have... but she was tired. Perhaps later. For now, she thought it would do nicely to meet Jasra face to face.

"You're Jasra?" Crystal asked, seeing the other woman step out of the TARDIS. She extended a hand. "I'm Crystal."

ForceFightWMe12
01-21-2006, 10:33 AM
((OOC: Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted in a while. Haven't really been feeling all that well lately.))

IC:

Kira looked up from her conversation with Karda as the now well-known sound of an appearing TARDIS echoed across the ship. That was strange. Up until now she hadn't even noticed that the TARDIS had left.

~*~*~

"Jasra, can you still hear me?" Atton asked through the comm. However, an moment later, he saw a burst of flames in the cockpit, but not after there was some strange movement. The annoying screeching sound of the TARDIS reached his ears through one of the speaker systems in the Hawk.
Better go see what Brainiack is up to...

~*~*~

The Exile leaned against the door frame of the garage, where the TARDIS had appeared.
"I assume that you would be Jasra?" she asked the woman with the Doctor.

JasraLantill
01-21-2006, 11:45 AM
Jasra’s senses were on overload. Adrenaline coursed through her body—a delayed reaction from her narrow escape from her fiery ship and the disorienting journey in the Doctor’s blue box—making it difficult for her to control her fear while still trying to conceal her Force Sensitivity.

She remained silent as she cautiously eyed the Exile over. She could sense there were other Jedi on board—and more than just her and Karda at that. Not good, she thought. Not good at all. The last thing she wanted was to have some conniving Jedi attempt to forcibly pry their way into her thoughts. She’d experienced that pain before. Granted, the Jedi in question had turned out to a Sith, and one she had dispatched soon afterward, but she didn’t see much difference between a Jedi and a Sith anymore. None of them could be trusted. Thankfully, she could detect that the dark haired woman called Crystal wasn’t one. Still…

She quickly flicked her eyes over Crystal. She was about the same height and build, though her hair was a bit longer than Jasra’s. She looked friendly enough, but still there was something behind those blue-grey eyes that made Jasra hesitate before extending her hand in return.

“I feel I’m somewhat at a disadvantage,” Jasra said warily as she briefly shook Crystal’s hand. “But it’s nice to place a face to the voice.”

She shifted uncomfortably as she turned to face the Exile. “Kira, right? I’m not quite sure what happened to my ship out there, but I’m glad someone was here to assist me.” She glanced backwards over her shoulder at the Doctor. “Thank you, by the way.”

She turned back to Kira. “I can’t exactly escort the Ebon Hawk to Taris without a ship, but I can still serve as a guide when we reach Taris. That is, if you’re still willing to meet with my employer.” She raised an eyebrow. “Oh, and if you are,” she said in afterthought, “you’d better get going. I wasn’t sure if my comm systems were working, so I had to activate the distress beacon. Every pirate within the quadrant will soon descend on these co-ordinates like a pack of hungry Firaxan sharks. And with the two ships docked together, you’ll be an easy target.”

RobQel-Droma
01-21-2006, 03:25 PM
Oh, that's lovely. Karda thought. Now all of them are packed into the Ebon Hawk. There is no way I am leaving now. Not with her on board. He looked over at Jasra for a moment, feeling the small force aura around her.

JasraLantill
01-21-2006, 04:03 PM
Jasra could feel eyes upon her. She turned her head slowly towards the garage bay where Karda stood in the doorway, staring at her with piercing eyes.

Great, another Jedi, she thought.

He looked vaguely familiar.

Karda, most likely.

She wondered if she had ever seen him when she had been a youngling in training at the Jedi temple. He was taller than she had expected, and although she didn’t really consider him ‘old’, he carried himself in a manner that seemed to demand respect. Like her former Master, Kelva, had.

All right, keep calm, she told herself. Don’t panic. He doesn’t know who you are. He doesn’t know what you’ve done. He doesn’t know it was you who put the tracer on his ship. She swallowed hard. I hope.

His stare didn’t waver. Jasra’s ice blue eyes narrowed as she looked at him askance. “Why don’t you take a holovid?” she snapped at him, chin up with defiance. “It will last longer.”

Writer
01-21-2006, 04:38 PM
Crystal's eyes widened slightly, but she was determined to say nothing until she could get Jasra away from everyone else. She put on an amused face at Jasra's retort in Karda's direction, hiding her thoughts carefully behind the face.

ForceFightWMe12
01-21-2006, 07:20 PM
"I see no reason not to take you along." Kira said after a moment, "I haven't been to Taris since its destruction. I doubt we'd find our way without a bit of help." she extended a hand, "Welcome aboard."
"Hey guys," Atton said, coming around the corner, "What'd I--oh."
The Scoundrel's dark eyes traveled to the woman who was the new addition to the crew aboard the Ebon Hawk.
The Exile's brows creased slightly as she turned to the Scoundrel, sensing his thoughts. "You know her?"
"Well--I--er..."

JasraLantill
01-21-2006, 07:35 PM
Jasra cocked an eyebrow as she recognised Atton. “I know you,” she said slowly, looking him up and down. She snapped her fingers as she tried to remember where. “You’re….you’re the hundred credit guy. Three years ago. Sig’s place.” She grinned slightly. “One of the best tips I ever got from a customer.”

ForceFightWMe12
01-21-2006, 07:44 PM
"Tips from a customer?" Kira asked, turning once again to the Scoundrel, her eyebrow cocked.
"Er...one night...in a cantina on Taris..." Atton turned red. He really did not want to elaborate. "I had a little too much jama juice, ya know? And, well...she was cute..."

Writer
01-21-2006, 07:56 PM
A flurry of images filled the minds of both Atton and Jasra. Crystal recoiled and shrieked, "Epouhzh!" She shuddered. "Fithutviph!"

Shuddering convulsively, she said in Basic, "That is far more than I cared to know..."

JasraLantill
01-21-2006, 08:02 PM
“Cute?” Jasra snorted. “I don’t recall you calling me ‘cute’. I believe you said I was….” She paused while Crystal cringed and spoke in a strange tongue. Her eyes flicked between Atton and Kira, and suddenly she was aware of the relationship between them.

So, the Exile has an attachment. She’s definitely not a Jedi then.

Jasra’s lips tightened. “Oh,” she said knowingly. “I see. Erm… forget I said anything. It was just business, after all.”

Jasra suddenly frowned and she eyed Crystal critically. “Wait a minute,” she said to her. “What do you mean by that was more than you cared to know?"

The Doctor
01-21-2006, 08:30 PM
((busiest three hours I've ever seen here...))

Writer
01-21-2006, 08:37 PM
Crystal was caught and she knew it, but she tried not to act as if she'd been hiding anything. Shuddering again, she glared at Jasra.

"Well let's put it this way," she said with a frown. "I'm a telepath with telekinetic abilities and no Force sensitivity. Most mental barriers don't stand a chance against my invasion skills, but you and Atton were..." she winced, "... were bringing pictures to mind and flinging them about without any cares as to who might be around to see them!"

"Fithutviph!" she repeated angrily, shaking her head as she did so.

JasraLantill
01-21-2006, 09:23 PM
“A telepath?!”

Jasra visibly blanched as her thoughts suddenly shifted from Atton to….

If Crystal’s been in my mind then…then she knows that I disobeyed Master Kelva. Knows I didn’t stay hidden like I was told to. Knows I distracted her. She knows it’s my fault that she died!

She tried to keep her breaths steady as a shiver of guilt mingled with the fear of exposure ran up her spine.

She stared expressionless at Crystal. “Oh,” she said quietly.

Writer
01-21-2006, 09:41 PM
"You need to learn to keep your thoughts better concealed," Crystal told Jasra. "Come with me. I think we need to talk."

She turned and headed away from the group while sending thoughts in Jasra's voice to Jasra's mind, encouraging her to follow.

The Doctor
01-21-2006, 10:43 PM
*A telepath? Well, that explains why you could perceive me, and the others couldn't.* said the Doctor.
"Doctor!"
Tegan and Nyssa came into the room at that point, Tegan throwing her arms around the Doctor. "Oh Doctor, we were so worried about you!"
*Not to worry, Tegan, I'm alright,* he said, gently pushing her away. *Jasra, these are my companions, Nyssa of Traken and Tegan Jovenka.

JasraLantill
01-22-2006, 10:13 AM
Jasra hesitated in following Crystal, distracted and suddenly uncomfortable at the sudden arrival of two more beautiful women—one wearing a tight violet-red suit, and the other a uniformly purple short skirted one. The last time she’d seen ‘companions’ dressed like that was in Hedra the Hutt’s enclave on Gallia III.

“Companions?” she asked the Doctor, her brow arching slightly.

She slowly ran her eyes over Nyssa and Tegan, then Crystal, then the Exile, then finally her gaze lingered on Atton.

Hmm…the ship just out of Nar Shaddaa; four beautiful women, three of them ‘passengers’ and the other an exiled Jedi with an attachment; one Pazaak-playing, Juma-Juice-drinking, sweet-talking scoundrel; and a Doctor? She swallowed. Suddenly the Jedi staring at her from the garage didn’t seem so bad. Oh, I sincerely hope this isn’t what I think it is….

“So,” she asked turning her gaze slowly in the Doctor’s direction, “what kind of ‘Doctor’ are you, exactly?” She locked eyes with Tegan. “Or rather, what kind of ‘companions’ are they?”

Writer
01-22-2006, 10:19 AM
It's not what you think it is, Crystal's voice echoed in Jasra's mind. Well... I guess I'm not sure about the Doctor and his companions... but I haven't sensed anything disgusting from them.

She shuddered slightly. And with telekinesis at my side, do you really think I'd let anyone do... stuff to me?

JasraLantill
01-22-2006, 10:49 AM
As she heard Crystal’s voice in her head, Jasra held up her hand before anyone could respond to her queries. “Nevermind. You don’t have to answer that,” she said hurriedly to the Doctor, while she took a couple of cautious steps backward towards where Crystal was waiting for her. “I think… Crystal’s right. I just need… some time to… absorb all of this. You know…” She managed a weak grin and a shrug while taking another step backwards. “…it’s kind of been a rough day.”

Her cloak flared behind her as she turned and followed Crystal.

And it’s not over yet, she thought to herself.

Writer
01-22-2006, 11:19 AM
Crystal led Jasra to as concealed a place as she could find. Then, with a sigh, she sat down and gestured for Jasra to do the same.

"You hide many secrets," she said quietly. "I don't blame you for it. Everyone has secrets they hide..." She paused to let this sink in. Then, she continued. "But my job is to discover things people don't want known." After a pause, she admitted, "It's why I'm here, actually."

Then, she frowned sternly. "And I suggest you keep that information to yourself... you have far worse secrets I could expose if you would choose to tell on me."

JasraLantill
01-22-2006, 11:29 AM
Jasra shook her head with disbelief. “So,… you’re a spy?” she whispered conspiratorially. “Why does that not surprise me.” She frowned. “More importantly, why are you telling me this?”

Writer
01-22-2006, 11:31 AM
"Because you seem to be in a similar line of work," Crystal answered levelly. "After all, you placed a tracer on Karda's ship."

JasraLantill
01-22-2006, 11:42 AM
Jasra shifted uncomfortably. “Ah, so you know about that, do you?” She sighed, her brow wrinkling with distress. “So, what do you want?” she asked, sure that Crystal was intent on blackmailing her for more information.

The Doctor
01-22-2006, 12:06 PM
"I don't like that Jasra woman," said Tegan blountly, as she, Nyssa, and the Doctor walked into the garage bay.
*Really? Oh, I quite like her. Reminds me of my granddaughter, actually.*
"You have a granddaughter?!" asked Tegan.
*Oh yes, haven't I ever told you about Susan?*
"No, Doctor, you haven't."
*Well, now I have.*
"Well, just becasue she reminds you of 'Susan' doesn't mean I have to liker her," said Tegan stubbornly.
"What do you think she wants with Kira?" asked Nyssa.
*Oh, I beleive her story. It certainly is plausible, given the fact that many people wish to speak with the great Jedi Exile.*
"But how did she find the Ebon Hawk? Atton said that this thing is suppsoed to be the fastest ship in the galaxy."
*I believe it was her who placed the tracer on Karda's ship. The tetryon field I had Bao-Dur generate to bring me back into phase must have sent a radiogenic feedback pulse to her computer. That's why her ship exploded.*
"So you brought a bounty hunter on to the ship of her target?!" exclaimed Tegan.
*She's not a bounty hunter per se, Tegan. She's more of a, uh... a freelance mercenary, if you will. Though I do not believe she is willing to kill unless it is absolutely necessary. There's something about her. I can't place it, but I sense something from her.. something she wants to hide from the rest of-*
he stopped. *That's it!* he said. *Yes, that must be it! Why she recognized Karda, why she's afrad of being on a ship full of Jedi... it all fits!*
"What fits, Doctor?' asked Nyssa, as the Doctor ran into the TARDIS. Tegan and Nyssa followed. They found the Doctor at the monitor on console 4, reviewing the database.
*Yes, I was right. Born Stardate 54632, on the Gallifreyan calendar. About 20 years ago. Brought to Coruscant less than two years later.*
"Coruscant? What's so special about Coruscant?"
*Many things, Tegan. In particular, the Jedi temple.*
"Jedi temple?"
*Yes. Where they train children to become Jedi.*

Writer
01-22-2006, 12:07 PM
"Explain in your own words why you feel you are responsible for your master's death," Crystal said. "We'll start there."

JasraLantill
01-22-2006, 02:02 PM
Jasra hesitated. “What does that have to do with anything?” she snapped.

Crystal gave her a deadpan stare.

Jasra sighed. “Fine.” She took a deep breath. The memory was painful to relive, but if it would keep Crystal silent….

“We were on Berrat III. A pretty primitive place, but …” She shrugged. “It was good enough to hide from the Sith. At least, we thought it was.” She paused. “They found us there after about six months. They attacked the village we were staying in, sensing we were close by.” She paused again, frowning as she recalled the incident. “Master Kelva told me to hide, that she’d deal with them on her own. So I found a place up on the hill where I could see, but not be seen by them. But, there were too many of them. She was taking hits and I could feel her tiring. So, I went to help her.” Jasra bit her lip. “But I ended up distracting her instead. I remember her yelling to me to get back. Then….” A tear began to well up in the corner of her eye. Jasra quickly wiped it away, trying to keep her composure. “If I had just done what she had told me she wouldn’t have….” She managed a weak smile. “Master Kelva always told me that I needed to be more mindful of my elders,” she said distantly. “That I was too rash and impulsive. That I needed to think more and act less.”

Jasra let out a sigh. “After they cut her down, I fled. And I hid. And I tried to make myself small. So small that the Sith couldn’t see me, not even through the Force. And they didn’t. They left after a couple of weeks.” She paused once more. “My Master told me that the Jedi would come for us when the Sith threat was gone.” She snorted. “They never did. I didn’t know what to do, so I went to find them. I stowed away on ship after ship trying to get back to Coruscant. But when I finally made it there, the Jedi Temple was empty. Abandoned.” She sneered. “No one was coming to find me,” she said bitterly. “The Council didn’t send the Padawans away to ‘protect’ them. They sent us away because we were a liability. Just like I was a liability to my Master.

"There," Jasra said with finality. "Satisfied?"

Writer
01-22-2006, 03:26 PM
Crystal was silent for several long moments. Then she shook her head slowly.

"Rash and impulsive you may have been," she said. "But your master's death was not your fault. You wanted to help her, I understand. She yelled at you to get back, I understand." She shook her head again. "But you sensed she was getting tired. Tell me, how many Sith attacked?"

JasraLantill
01-22-2006, 03:32 PM
Jasra’s jaw set subbornly. “There were ten. Five at first, but then another five came up from the other side of the village." She bit her lip. "They were all equipped with lightsabers. Some double-bladed."

Writer
01-22-2006, 03:38 PM
Crystal nodded. "How skilled was your master?"

JasraLantill
01-22-2006, 03:49 PM
“She was a Consular, but she was competent enough with a lightsaber. I never heard any of the other Masters speak ill of her skills, but….” Jasra’s brow crinkled in the middle. “I was only 12. Nearly 13," she clarified. "What did I know?”

The Doctor
01-22-2006, 04:23 PM
Tegan watched the Doctor and Nyssa hypothesize about Jasra's past. She had just met this woman, and already she didn't like her. Just the way she talked, her tone of voice, was infuriating. And the implication that she was some kind of slave girl of the Doctor's? How dare she!

Tegan paced around the console room for a while, catching snippets of the conversation between the Doctor and Nyssa.
"If she was trained at the Jedi academy on Coruscant, how can she not be a Jedi?"
*She may not have completed her training.......*

Tegan's mind wandered back to Jasra. How dare she come here and start treating both her and Nyssa like they were some kind of groupies or something? She seethed with anger. She had half a mind to go find her and start yelling at her. She walked out of the TARDIS, and headed went looking for Jasra. She heard her and Crystal's voices coming from down the hall. She walked quietly towards the voices, stopping around the corner. She bent a little bit closer, listening to their conversation. She heard Crystal say:

"Rash and impulsive you may have been, but your master's death was not your fault. You wanted to help her, I understand. She yelled at you to get back, I understand." a moment of silence. "But you sensed she was getting tired. Tell me, how many Sith attacked?"

"There were ten. Five at first, but then another five came up from the other side of the village. They were all equipped with lightsabers. Some double-bladed."

"How skilled was your master?"

"She was a Consular, but she was competent enough with a lightsaber. I never heard any of the other Masters speak ill of her skills, but… I was only 12. Nearly 13. What did I know?"

JasraLantill
01-22-2006, 04:45 PM
Before Crystal could respond, Jasra abruptly cocked an ear to the left. She sensed someone near. Scowling, she rose from the floor at once, moving quickly around the corner to surprise Tegan.

“Eavesdropping isn’t very polite, shutta!” Jasra snarled. She forcibly grabbed Tegan’s arm. “What did you hear?”

The Doctor
01-22-2006, 05:02 PM
"Let go of me, you bloody Galah!" she said, renching her arm out of Jasra's grip. "Let me tell you, I've heard enough to interest Kira." she paused. "Jedi."

JasraLantill
01-22-2006, 05:08 PM
Jasra boiled. The stress of the day had been too much for her, and Tegan was the proverbial straw that broke the Bantha’s back. “You wretched, shrill-voiced, gut worm!” Jasra pointed an angry finger in Tegan’s face. “Don’t you ever call me that again! Ever!”

The Doctor
01-22-2006, 05:14 PM
"Don't point that thing at me, manipulative shrew!" Tegan yelled, knocking Jasra's finger aside. "Besides, you are a Jedi. The Doctor found it in the TARDIS databanks," she added smugly.

JasraLantill
01-22-2006, 05:30 PM
“I don’t care what your fashion challenged, so-called doctor friend found,” Jasra retorted. “I am not a Jedi.” She moved closer to Tegan, intimidatingly backing her up against the corridor wall. “And if you breathe a Gizka-croaking word about this to the Exile, you’ll definitely be requiring surgery!" Her eyes narrowed menacingly. "Now, what did you hear?"

The Doctor
01-22-2006, 05:34 PM
"How dare you insult the Doctor! He's far kinder, nobler, and smarter than you or I will ever be!" she yelled, going red with rage. "You don't scare me, you streak of Pelican dung. I heard all about how you believe it's your fault your 'master' is dead." she smiled viscously. "And you thought I was a tramp?" she lauhged. "And at 13 years old? You know on my planet, there are laws against that sort of thing."

Writer
01-22-2006, 05:43 PM
"Enough!" Crystal snapped. She glared at Tegan and said quietly, "Excuse us, but we were having a private discussion." Continuing on a little louder, "If you won't shut your mouth and leave us be," now a little louder than normal, "I'll shut it for you telekinetically." She took another breath. "And if you threaten to tell anyone, I'll erase this entire incident from your head! You'll go running off with something to tell only to find that you've forgotten it!"

After a short pause, she smirked. "And there's no way to remember that sort of thing, so you'd end up looking like a fool!"

JasraLantill
01-22-2006, 05:50 PM
Jasra was fuming. Her hand twitched. Oh, how she wanted to give a burst of Force Lightning right up this Tegan’s …!

She took a deep breath, trying to cleanse the thought from her mind. Crystal was there. She surely knew how angry she was without having to go into sordid details.

The Doctor
01-22-2006, 06:00 PM
((Awww. We were having fun with that :D))

*That's brilliant, Nyssa. What do you think, Tegan? Tegan?*
The Doctor turned around, and noticed that Tegan was gone. the TARDIS door was open. *O dear...*
He walked towards the door, Nyssa following. He heard voices yelling at each other. *O, my dear Tegan.*
They followed the voices to the dormitories, where they saw Tegan against a wall yelling at Jasra.
"You know on my planet, they have laws against that sort of thing," she was saying.
The Doctor stopped as Crystal screamed "Enough! Excuse us, but we were having a private discussion," she said. "If you won't shut your mouth and leave us be, I'll shut it for you telekinetically." She took a breath. "And if you threaten to tell anyone, I'll erase this entire incident from your head! You'll go running off with something to tell only to find that you've forgotten it!" After a short pause, she smirked. "And there's no way to remember that sort of thing, so you'd end up looking like a fool!"
*Now, what's all this? Tegan, what are you doing?*
All three women turned around sharply to look at the Doctor. *I don't believe there is any reason for you to be here, Tegan. Come with me, please.*
Tegan fell into step beside Nyssa, about a foot behind the Doctor. She gave Jasra one more glare, then went around the corner

"What was that all about?" Nyssa asked Tegan.
"Never you mind." snapped Tegan.
*Tegan, you must be careful. Jasra may not look dangerous, but I believe she could be if she chose to be so.*
"She doesn't scare me, Doctor."
*I know. Nothing does. But you still should be careful. If anything should happen to you, what would I tell your great aunt? That you went and got yourself electrocuted in an argument with an ex-Jedi?*
The Doctor was silent for a moment. He saw the look on Tegan's face: she was on the verge of tears.
"I'm sorry Doctor."
He put a hand on her shoulder. *It's alright Tegan, I'm not angry. *I just don't want anything to happen to you. And I suggest you heed Crystal's warning - even with the mental protection the TARDIS gives you, you are not impervious to such attacks.
*Now, I want you two to stay in the TARDIS until I return.*
Tegan made to follow the Doctor, but Nyssa grabbed her by the arm and dragged her into the TARDIS.

The Doctor turned the corner into the dormitory where Jasra and Crystal were talking. He tapped the bulkhead with his knuckle.
*Knock Knock," he said tentatively. *I just wanted to apologise for Tegan's behaviour. She's not normally like this... well, she is, but that's no excuse. I promise she will not reveal to anyone anything that you do not wish them to know, nor will Nyssa or myself.*

JasraLantill
01-22-2006, 06:12 PM
“I’m sorry, too,” Jasra said to The Doctor after a moment. And sorry that I didn’t zap Tegan one, she thought to herself. “It’s been a long day and I lost my temper. But don’t bother trying to keep my secret. If you could hear me down the corridor, I’m sure everyone else could, too.” She let out a tired sigh. “Could you just ask Kira if we can just get to Taris now?”

The Doctor
01-22-2006, 06:17 PM
*Don't worry, I only heard due to my acute hearing. I am not human, as I'm sure you've gussed by the TARDIS. As far as I know, were are already on course for Tairs. I could get us there faster using the TARDIS, but Kira prefers to use her own ship. Probably for the best - the TARDIS can be difficult at times. We'd most likely end up somewhere like Androzani or something...*

ForceFightWMe12
01-22-2006, 06:26 PM
The Exile said nothing to anyone as she withdrew to her dormitory, sitting on her bunk and taking the band out of her hair, allowing her blonde locks to cascade down her shoulders. To say the least, the day had been rather...exciting. In a matter of hours, she had been attacked three times, found a stow-away on her ship, met Crystal, the Doctor, Tegan, Nyssa, Karda, and now Jasra, as well as found out about some kind of would-be trap for her on Taris, and that the Jedi Council had called her urgently, even sending a Jedi out to give her the message. Not to mention the emmotional stress of reliving her past when she explained to Crystal what had happened durning the war. Wow. A lot to swallow.
She rested her head against the pillow, one leg propped up on the matress, the other dangling over the side, and an arm pressed over her eyes as she tried to block out almost non-existant light. Unable to shut up her restless mind, she meditated, her mind wandering to the time when Disciple had first taught her his techniques.
"Knock knock."
So much for resting. Kira lifted her arm from her eyes, cracking an eyelid open to see Atton framed in the doorway. She stood, facing him. "Yes?"
"Look..." he said, coming over to her, "I know how hard today was on you. I just wanted to know if you were alright with all of this?"
The Exile turned away, walking to the opposite wall, feeling a headache coming on. "I'm fine. It's just been a long day."
She felt her stomach do several flips as strong, caring arms folded around her waist, pulling her back against Atton's chest. "Perhaps you should get some rest then." he whispered in her ear, his breath tickling her skin. She sighed as she felt his face press against the side of her head, his lips playing across her skin and hair.
In a moment, Kira came to her senses, and pulled away from him. "Atton, please, not now." she said softly, brushing hair from her eyes.
"What? What's wrong?"
The Exile was silent for several moments, lightly biting a finger. Rather than answer his question, she posed another: "What happened that night at the cantina? With Jasra?"
"Kira--"
"What happened?" she asked again, an edge to her voice, as she whirled on him.
The Scoundrel sighed. "It was after that long run we had in the Outer Rim. When we returned to the Taris sector to refuel, I needed a break. So I grabbed my pazzak deck and went to the local cantina.
"It was a lucky night. The fools on Taris seemed hardly capable of even counting their cards, let alone playing. I raked in so many credits...anyway, I...ran quite a tab at the bar that night. A big one. When I had taken pretty much all the players' credits, I retired to the other room to enjoy my jama juice. That's...where I saw Jasra. Mind you I was extremly drunk at the time..."
"I remember that I hadn't seen you return before I went to bed that night."
"Well, I was out pretty late--"
"Past five a.m?"

((OOC: Long post, I'll post more later.))

JasraLantill
01-22-2006, 06:51 PM
Jasra was still upset by the confrontation with Tegan, but was slowly calming down. “Crystal, I know you said you weren’t Force Sensitive, but can you teach me how to conceal my thoughts better? Share with me any techniques you use?”

Writer
01-22-2006, 07:10 PM
Crystal smiled. "That shouldn't be too difficult. I can also instruct you in some Force barriers... I may not be Force Sensitive, but I've read the minds of plenty of them. I'll teach you both Force barriers and actual physical barriers as best as I can."

Perfect.

JasraLantill
01-22-2006, 07:28 PM
“Thanks.” Jasra grinned shyly. “I was never very good at putting up a Force Barrier. That’s something Master Kelva used to get on my case about. Said my concentration was lacking.” She rolled her eyes. “My Force ‘barriers’ come out…well, more like a Force reflection. It works, but it’s only effective against someone who’s using the Force against me. I’ve picked up a few things on my own, but it’s no substitute for actual instruction.”

Crystal isn't so scary after all, Jasra thought. In fact, she's likeable. And I don’t have many friends. Couldn’t hurt to have another one. Especially one with such useful abilities. Maybe being stranded on the Ebon Hawk isn't so bad after all.

The Doctor
01-22-2006, 07:28 PM
((I'm going to assume that Disciple is manning the helm, as both Kira and Atton are in the dormitory. Just so you know, the Doctor was lying when he said he didn't know Disciple's name.))

The Doctor entered the cockpit, only to find it empty except for Disciple. He smiled slightly, taking the copilot's seat.
*Hello there, Mical. How are you?*

Writer
01-22-2006, 07:42 PM
"Well I'm not the best substitute for a Jedi Master," Crystal said with a smile. "But we'll manage."

She took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "One of the things that hinders you most is how much you try to hide." She paused and frowned. "What I mean is, you mask your Force Sensitivity. With so much energy focused on doing that and the things requred for everyday life (breathing, eating, talking, thinking), you have little left for things like barriers in the mind."

ForceFightWMe12
01-22-2006, 07:45 PM
The Disciple, being asked by Atton to watch the Hawk's hyper-space preperation, sat in the pilot's chair, checking and rechecking the systems. It wasn't a very hard job, as the Hawk did pretty much everything on its own, but every once in a while, there was a little glitch...
"Hello there, Mical. How are you?"
The Jedi jumped, not so much in surprise of the appearence of the Doctor...but how he had greeted him. Disciple looked up at the different-looking man.
"You...How do you--"

~*~*~

"Er..."
"Don't try lying to me, Atton. I know what happened that night." the Exile said, her voice quiet.
The Scoundrel heard the hurt in her voice, and it tore him apart. "Kira...please--" He said, reaching for her, but she threw and arm out, knocking his touch aside.
"Don't...don't touch me. Kriea was right all along." she stared at him, her eyes burning into his with a flame he had never seen before, even as tears fell. "You're nothing but a lying, cheating fool! It was a mistake trusting you!"
"What? I can't go out for one night with another woman," Atton said, his voice growing in decible, "But you can flirt with Disciple and any other man we happen to come across?!"
The Exile's mouth dropped, hurt and anger both vying for control of her features, "I--"
"Don't think I didn't see the way you were looking at Karda earlier!" he shouted, "I could tell what you were thinking! Disciple saw it too."
"At least I didn't sleep with either of them." she said quietly, a look of pain and disappointment in her eyes. That look alone was enough to quell the Scoundrel's temper.
His mouth opened and closed as he tried to find the right words. None came. "Kira--I..."

The Doctor
01-22-2006, 07:51 PM
*It's alright, Kira doesn't know. And I'm not going to tell her,* said the Doctor, cutting Mical off in mid-sentence.
*As to how I - you were about to ask how I know, isn't that correct? You told me everything. Not intentionally, of course, but there were hints to your past that I put together, with a little help from the TARDIS databanks from this era.
*I tell you this as a friend whom you've forgotten - or rather, haven't met yet - you must tell her. She needs to know.*

ForceFightWMe12
01-22-2006, 07:57 PM
"I...er..." the Jedi looked back to the controls again,hidding his emmotions, "I'm not sure I know what you're talking about."
Which was a lie. As a matter of fact, Disciple had a very good idea what the Doctor was talking about...but he wasn't sure what the Doctor had meant. Tell her? He...he couldn't...

The Doctor
01-22-2006, 08:01 PM
*I know what you're thinking: why would you tell her? What would it accomplish? Trust me, Mical. She needs to know. Now more than ever. If I'm right, I am not here by accident. The Time Lords have sent me on missions before without telling me, and I believe they have done it now - I believe something is about to happen, something improtant that history has not recorded. She needs to be able to trust you completely, or else all will fail. How can she trust you when she doesn't even know your name?*

ForceFightWMe12
01-22-2006, 08:11 PM
"What would be the point?" he asked quietly, "She...doesn't need to know my name...It seems hardly likely to me that she would trust me more if she knew my name..."

~*~*~

Atton was saved from saying anymore when a crying Exile collapsed against his chest. "I don't want to fight, Atton." she said softly, "I...I just want to trust you..."

JasraLantill
01-22-2006, 08:12 PM
“You mean you want me to let the Force just… flow?” Jasra shifted uncomfortably and her brow furrowed with uncertainty. “Crystal, I’m not sure I can do that. I mean, not here. Not… now.”

Crystal’s gaze remained steady, silently urging her to try.

Jasra sighed with resignation, then she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She found it difficult to allow the Force to flow through her. But after a moment, she relaxed. She concentrated first on calming her own mind, like her Master had taught her. Then she extended into sensing those around her on the rest of the ship. The Doctor was in the cockpit with…another Jedi?

Her eyes popped open. “How many Jedi are on this ship anyway?” she muttered. Then she tried again. First centring herself, then detecting Crystal, the Doctor & the unknown Jedi in the cockpit, Karda in the Garage, Kira in the other dormitory with Atton,…. Atton!

Her eyes popped wide open. “Oh, no. I think I’ve caused a big problem,” she said to Crystal. “Between Kira and Atton. He’s told her. Or rather, she’s told him.” She gave Crystal a worried look. “I don’t think I can do this now. It’s… it’s too disturbing.”

The Doctor
01-22-2006, 08:16 PM
*Perhaps not. But she will find out eventually. Would you prefer her to find out from you, or some other source?* the Doctor looked at him meaningfully.
*But, enough of that. Are we on course for Taris yet?*

Writer
01-22-2006, 08:51 PM
"Atton and Kira are alright," Crystal said soothingly. "They've had an argument and decided they don't want to fight... only to trust one another. Keep going." A small smile came to her lips. "You're alright."

3yks
01-22-2006, 08:58 PM
The small, invisible ship hovered silently atached to the bottom of the Hawk, it's lone passenger getting a bit bored. When were they going to just go? He let his mind drift a bit, and for a second felt Jasra reaching out, but he snesed her as well, and thoguh she might catcha b reif glimpse he was gone a second later. She knew about that trick though, about hiding one's self ... and somehow she knew that was what had happened.

(If crystal tries to sense him she'll feel somethign odd, it will 'feel' like a human brain, but the content will look like what one might expect in a droid brain. numbers, and such.)

JasraLantill
01-23-2006, 03:41 PM
Jara felt slightly uneasy by Crystal’s request to continue. But the telepath's words were strangely soothing, and the suspicious thoughts in Jasra’s mind vanished before they could even take hold.

Once again, she closed her eyes and concentrated, allowing the Force to flow freely. It was almost a foreign feeling—after all, it had been years since she had allowed herself to do this in the company of others—but, with Crystal beside her she somehow felt compelled to continue. She reached out, further and further until…

Startled by what she felt, Jasra withdrew. She frowned. What was that? Powerful… living… vengeful. Then, whatever it was she had sensed had been abruptly ripped away. Cautiously, she searched for it again. It was just out of reach, a veiled whisper, but it was there. Somewhere. Waiting… hiding…. Her brow creased with distress. Dark.

Her eyes shot open. Without a word to Crystal, Jasra rose, darted out the door and headed for the cockpit. The Doctor and the unknown blonde-haired Jedi barely had time to turn their heads, let alone do anything to counter the Force Stasis field she cast at them.

She knew her Stasis Fields were crap, but having caught them unprepared, she figured it would hold them long enough for her to do what she needed to. “I’m sorry,” she apologised to them as she reached over the Disciple’s incapacitated body to gain access to the control panel. “But we have to go. Now.”

Seeing the co-ordinates were already laid in for Taris, she clamped her hand on the hyperdrive lever, pushed the button to rev up for hyperspace travel, and just as the engines began to whine, she thrust the lever forward.

The Ebon Hawk, with Karda's ship (and Brax's mysterious invisible ship, too) dangerously docked with it, hurled into hyperspace.

The sudden thrust sent her backwards and she landed on the cockpit floor in an undignified heap. She sighed with relief. She knew she would probably get yelled at by someone for doing what she did. But at least they were on their way to Taris. And away from whatever dark and vengeful creature that was stalking them.

Writer
01-23-2006, 03:52 PM
Crystal said nothing as Jasra hurried out toward the cockpit. She sensed the same thing Jasra had, but instead of acting immediatlely, she probed deeper into it. The mind felt startlingly like she suspected a droid's brain might function. Numbers and equations flew back and forth. Then, the Hawk lurched into hyperspace, throwing Crystal roughly to the ground. When she recovered, the mind was gone.

The Doctor
01-23-2006, 04:16 PM
The Doctor didn't have time to counter the stasis field fully. He remained aware of his surroudings, but he couldn't do anything to stop Jasra from throwing the Ebin Hawk into hyperspace. Managing to break free of the stasis field, he did a quick scan of the consoles to see where she was taking them - she had left the coordinates in place, she had just activated the engines. He turned around and helped Jasra to her feet.
*Next time, you might want to try asking, first, my dear,* he said.

ForceFightWMe12
01-23-2006, 04:24 PM
"Actually, now that you ask..." Disciple said, seeing a blinking light on the console. He reached forward to hit a button...and found he couldn't move.
Stasis field? But who--
In a moment, his question was answered. A woman came hurtling into the cockpit.
"I'm sorry, but we have to go. Now." she said, reached over him, and sent the ship hurtling into hyperspace. The resulting jolt sent her slamming to the floor. As the stars in the viewscreen seemed to enlongate, the Hawk entered hyperspace, and was gone.
Releasing himself from the Stasis Field, Disciple stood up and walked over to the woman. As he had been meditating for most of the past few hours, he hadn't met or seen her before.
"Who are you?" he asked.

~*~*~

"I'm sorry, Kira." Atton murmured, tightening his arms around her and pressing her against his chest, "I shouldn't have done that, I know. It won't happen again. I promise."
"Thank you, Atton." she said, quietly, then pulled away from him. "I should really get some rest, today's been rather...exciting."
"Don't worry, I'll make sure no one bothers you." the Scoundrel said with a wink, and walked out, being sure to close the door behind him.

JasraLantill
01-23-2006, 04:42 PM
Jasra straightened her tunic as she viewed the Disciple with suspicion. “Jasra,” she answered him, not bothering to mask her Force Affinity anymore since she had just cast a Stasis Field. “Where have you been? And before you even ask, the answer is no. I am not a Jedi.”

She turned abruptly to the Doctor. “I am sorry,” she apologised. “But there wasn’t time to….” She sighed. “Oh, nevermind,” she said dismissively. “It doesn’t matter now. But I wasn’t trying to hijack the ship, if that’s what you were thinking.”

ForceFightWMe12
01-23-2006, 04:47 PM
"Well, that certaintly assures me." Disciple said, allowing a bit of skeptisim to creep into his voice. "As for who I am, I am a Disciple. Apparently unlike you, I am a Jedi, and I have been following the Exile for several years now. However, you still haven't truely answered my question. Now, Jasra, who are you?"

The Doctor
01-23-2006, 05:01 PM
Tegan and Nyssa grabbed the TARDIS console as the ship rocked hard.
"What was that?" asked Tegan.
Nyssa walked over to the sensor screen. "The Ebon Hawk has entered some kind of strange layer of space. This looks somewhat like the the people of Manthora travel great distances. I believe we're now on course for the planet the Doctor told us about, Taris."
"Well, I'm going to the cockpit to make sure. No offense, but I'll feel more safe when I hear it from Kira or Atton."
"Alright, I'm coming to," siad Nyssa, shutting down the monitor. She joined Tegan outside, closing the door behind her. They walked together into the cockpit.
"Doctor, what's... Oh, it's you she said, seeing Jasra. "I should have known that it was you making everything fly about. Atton's a much better pilot than that."

JasraLantill
01-23-2006, 05:16 PM
“I’m a lost cause,” she said to the Disciple. Jasra then smiled at Tegan, but her smile wasn’t entirely friendly. “Oh, and I think you’ll find I’m rather good at making things fly,” she said her. Her smile abruptly vanished, and she flicked her wrist. Tegan flew backwards though the corridor, landing unceremoniously on her backside in the main hold, unharmed but embarrassed. Jasra flexed her hand, examining it as if surprised. “You know, my stasis fields might be crap, but my Force Push really isn’t too bad.” She turned to leave the cockpit.

The Doctor
01-23-2006, 05:21 PM
Tegan was fuming. She stood up, walking towards Jasra as if to slap her, but the Doctor grabbed her by the waist and pulled her behind him.
*That's enough, Tegan!" he said sternly.
"She star-"
*Oh please don't say she started it, Tegan! Are you 22 or 2?*
Tegan wanted to retort, but she bit her tongue. "I'm sorry, Doctor," she said.
*Don't apologise to me, apologise to Jasra," he said. "And you," he looked at Jasra. "You need to grow up a well. You're acting like a spoiled child! You two are going to have to get along - you may be together for quite a while.*
Tegan stepped forward, threw a reproving glance at the Doctor, then turned to Jasra. "I'm sorry," she said, in the best apologetic tone she could manage.

ForceFightWMe12
01-23-2006, 05:42 PM
Disciple watched the argument, his expression growing darker every moment.
This doesn't look good. he thought, We'll never get anything done if these women continued to argue. Kira will want to know about this.
"Seems like I missed something." Atton said, walking into the cockpit to see the two women red-faced and snarling at each other.

JasraLantill
01-23-2006, 05:44 PM
Jasra frowned at the Doctor. "I only just turned 19, so I'm closer to a child than she is!" she snapped.

Jasra eyed Tegan critically. “Apology accepted,” she said, but her eyes were even a cooler shade of blue than normal.

But if she thinks I’m apologising to her right now, she can forget it, Jasra thought.

She pushed past Tegan, but promptly bumped head on into Atton on his way to the cockpit.

ForceFightWMe12
01-23-2006, 05:52 PM
"Whoa, careful there." Atton said as one of the two women bumped into him. He took her by the shoulders, helping her to steady herself...when he noticed it was Jasra. "Oh..." He released her quickly, turning slightly red as memories of...that night...came flashing through his mind...

JasraLantill
01-23-2006, 06:05 PM
“Don’t touch me, you… you….!” Jasra was too flustered to find the right word. “Just don’t touch me!” Her brow wrinkled with distress and she shivered. “Sith’s Blood, he must be old enough to be my father,” she muttered to herself under her breath as she scooted past him to return to the relative safety of the dormitory where Crystal was.

ForceFightWMe12
01-23-2006, 06:15 PM
"That was an interesting display." Disciple said as Atton strolled into the cockpit, hardly deterred at what Jasra had said.
"Yeah, yeah, try not to turn too red, pretty boy." the Scoundrel said, and flopped down in the pilot's chair, putting his legs up on the dash and putting his hands behind his head. "I see you managed to get us on our way to Taris. Nice job."
"Well...actually..." Disciple began, but when the Scoundrel cocked his head to the side to look at him, he said, "Uh, nevermind."

The Doctor
01-23-2006, 06:43 PM
*Well, now that we're on our way, may I ask how long it will be until we arrive?* asked the Doctor.

ForceFightWMe12
01-23-2006, 06:49 PM
"Ah, not too long." Atton said, watching the viewscreen through half-closed eyelids. "Long enough to catch a few z's."
"Need any help?" the blonde-haired Jedi asked.
"Nah, we're in hyperspace. This thing pretty much flies herself." the pilot said, patting the Hawk's dashboard.
"Very well then, I'll be studying the security feed from earlier. Perhaps we can still discern who this intruder was." and with that, Disciple left down the corridor for the security room.

JasraLantill
01-23-2006, 06:50 PM
Jasra had made a wrong turn. She abruptly halted, finding herself standing at the entrance to the garage. Karda was at the workbench and had his back to her, but she knew that he knew she was there. She paused for a moment, eyeing him judgmentally, trying to figure out what he was doing.

Finally, she spoke. “I hope I didn’t damage your ship,” she said quietly. “I know it can be hard on the docking couplings to go into hyperspace when two ships are docked together.” He ignored her, for the most part. She frowned slightly. “If it needs repair, I know someone on Taris that can give you a good deal on parts.” No response. “He owes me a favour.” Still no response. “Just a thought.”

She gave up and turned and went back to find Crystal.

The Doctor
01-23-2006, 06:53 PM
((I wonder what's happened to EJ? Revan has been quiet lately...))

*I'll help, if you don't mind,* suggested the Doctor. *I'm interested in finding this fellow, as I'm sure you can imagine. Nyssa, Tegan, I want you to go get some rest. No arguing!" he added, as they both opened their mouths to argue. *It's been a long day, and you both need rest. Now go, please.*
They both left, heading back to the TARDIS. The Doctor followed Disciple.

ForceFightWMe12
01-23-2006, 07:02 PM
"I'm sure it'll be easier to spot things with two sets of eyes, rather than one." Disciple said, warming up the security terminal and rewinding the records back to when they had first boarded the ship earlier that day. "Here we are, boarding the ship, after refueling. There's...the other you..." the Jedi said, still a bit...confused with the whole situation, "Coming on for a moment, asking permission to dock the TARDIS here...and there you go again..."

JasraLantill
01-23-2006, 07:03 PM
Entering the dormitory where Crystal was, Jasra immediately asked, “All right, what was that?” referring to the dark presence she had felt earlier. “And don’t tell you didn’t feel it, too. Was it Sith?”

The Doctor
01-23-2006, 07:20 PM
"I'm not going to be able to sleep," ehined Tegan. "Not if Jasra could take the helm at any moment."
"Would you stop with putting her down?" relied Nyssa. "She's a nice young woman, you're just to caught up on first impressions."
"And being thrown across a room," Tegan retorted. She noticed a small object shining underneath the large machine in the corner of the garage. "What's that?" she asked. She went over to it, and picked it up.
"It looks like some sort of datapad," Nyssa commented, coming up behind Tegan. "Let me see it."
Tegan passed it Nyssa, staring at it. Nyssa pressed a button at random, and several strange figures popped up on the display. The TARDIS worked in their minds, translating it for them. "It says something about a planet called Omwat," she said curiously. "It looks like something that alien that attacked the Doctor might have dropped! Come on, maybe the TARDIS will have more information about Omwat!"
They burst into the TARDIS, running towards the console. Tegan began operating the database, searching for Omwat.
"Found it. What year is it?"
"I don't know. Wait, the Doctor said something earlier about 3995 BBY or something. Try that."
"Got it. Omwat. It's a primitive planet. No mention of them being a space fairing species," she said, dissapointed. "Hold on. It says that a few years ago, a Jedi found the planet, and was forced to pass the teachings of the Jedi to the few people on the planet able to wield the Force. But the teachings became corrupt as they were passed down, becoming closer to those of the Sith than the Jedi."
"Is there any picture of them in the database?"
"No, but there is a vague description. Tall, gangly... they must be as clumsy as a duck in a ploughed paddock."
"Wait, I thought I saw Revan's name! GO back... yes, he killed their leader about three years ago. A member of something called the Zedai Order was sent to avenge him."
"The Doctor needs to know this. Come on," said Tegan, grabbing the datapad and heading back to find the Doctor.

ForceFightWMe12
01-23-2006, 07:32 PM
After spending a while of watching the video feed, the Disciple had skipped forward to the point just before they actually saw the intruder. He had turned down the volume in order to minimize distraction. He watched the feed intently...
"Hold on..." he said, his eyes narrowing, "Every few moments...there's a blip in the picture. Right...there." he said, pointing to a spot above the co-pilot's seat.
"Try slowing down the frames." the Doctor suggested.
"Exactly what I was thinking." the Jedi murmured as he rewound the feed. He allowed the footage to play again, slowing it down to five seconds per frame. When the abnormality appeared, he paused it immediatly. "There." he said, cropping the image and enlarging. "That's where he...it was hiding."

((OOC: Sorry for the mini-charry control, Doc :xp: ))

The Doctor
01-23-2006, 07:39 PM
((I'M GOING TO CRY NOW!!! I don't mind. It beats me having to post antoher one liner:)))

The Doctor stared at the thing. *Yes, that's him alright,* he said darkly.
Tegan came running into the room, Nyssa right behind her. *I though I told you two to-*
"Doctor, we found something. In the garage bay. We think that alien might have dropped this," said Tegan, handing the Doctor the datapad. He turned to Disciple.
*Have you ever heard of a planet called Omwat?*

ForceFightWMe12
01-23-2006, 07:46 PM
"Omwat?" Disciple said increduously, "No, never." he peered at the datapad, "Though I suppose it is more than likely that some planet beyond the Outer Rim is called Omwat. The area is hardly ever explored and is mostly a mystery. There are a few planets that are known to those who know how to find them, such as a place called Kamino, but that's the extent of my knowlage."

The Doctor
01-23-2006, 07:55 PM
*Perhaps Kira will know more? She explored the Outer Rim during her exile, did she not?*

ForceFightWMe12
01-23-2006, 08:01 PM
"She did...but..." The truth was, Disciple was uncomfortable with asking Kira anything about her time in the Outer Rim...though he did suppose it had to be done. "She's resting, at the moment. Perhaps we'll ask her when she awakens?"

Writer
01-23-2006, 08:28 PM
"I felt it," Crystal answered quietly. "But not in the same way. I'm not Force Sensitive so nothing feels the same to me as it does to you. You sense the Force within. I sense the mind." She shook her head uncertainly. "As to what it was, I can't fully say. Its mind had a different configuration... very different."

She sighed. "It reminded me of my idea of what a droid brain might sound like, all numbers and algebraic algorithms, letters and numbers intermixed in a pattern I couldn't understand at a glance."

She collected a part of that memory and sent it to Jasra's mind to show her what she'd heard, saying, "It sounded like this."

The Doctor
01-23-2006, 09:42 PM
*Yes, perhaps it could wait for a while. But she should be told as soon as possible.* He turned to Nyssa and Tegan. Thank you for ringing this to our attention. Now, off to bed.*

He felt a stabbing pain in his temple. He gasped in pain, his vision blurring momentarily.

JasraLantill
01-23-2006, 09:43 PM
Jasra cringed from Crystal's projection. "I've...I've heard something like that before," she said slowly. "It's... it's...." She stopped herself. It's like the background noise I hear when I speak with 'Togo,' she thought. "Well, it's cold," was what she said instead. "I know that sounds more like a feeling, but..." She shrugged, and then sat down on one of the beds in the corner of the dormitory. "I'm tired," she sighed. "I need some rest. We'll be in orbit around Taris in a few hours. And I'll need to be sharp when I contact my employer."

Writer
01-23-2006, 09:47 PM
Crystal nodded. She'd picked up on the 'Togo' reference in Jasra's mind, but decided to ask about it later.

ForceFightWMe12
01-23-2006, 09:54 PM
"Are you alright, Doctor?" Disciple asked hurriedly, putting a hand on his shoulder and ready to put his healing skills to use, should the need arise.

3yks
01-24-2006, 12:20 AM
It had taken all of Brax's skill to keep himself attached tot he ship as they intiated the hyperspace jump. But somehow he managed it. And so he hurtled along through space, he had felt some strange projectino into his mind, not like being touched in the force ... somethign different, but aright before the jump he was pretty sure he'd stopped whatever it was from sensing him. He hoped so anyway, it would not due if they realized he was 'tagging' along with them.

The Doctor
01-24-2006, 04:20 PM
The Doctor's eyes were closed, and his breeathing was heavy. *Yes, I believe so. I just ne-* he fell against the bulkhead, grabbing his head again.
"Is it some kind of complication with the regeneration?" asked Tegan, who had stopped when she saw the Doctor in pain.
*I don't think so. I have no way of knowing for certain, but I doubt it.*
Tegan examined the Doctor's eyes, which were red. "It looks like you're having some kind of alergic reaction."
*That's impossible. Time Lords can't have allergies,* said the Doctor stubbornly.
"But you are half human," Tegan pointed out.
*Ah yes, that's true,* conceded the Doctor. He was struck by a sudden inspiration. *As I recall, hyperdrive engines emit high levels of spectrometric radiation. Humans are impervious to it - in fact, I'm not sure if they are even aware of it's existence. Spectrox toxaemia is not unheard of in the few human/non-human hybrids that have existed.*
"Is there some sort of treatment for it?" suggested Tegan.
The Doctor turned to Disciple. *Do you happen to have a plant in storage known as celery? It is a powerful restorative. You may know it something else, I don't know.*

ForceFightWMe12
01-24-2006, 04:28 PM
"Celery? Er, yeah, we have some. Come with me, if you can." he said, and began off into the cargo hold, searching through the food stores until he found a package of green veggies. Strange something like this could be a powerful healent. he thought, holding up the bag.

The Doctor
01-24-2006, 04:57 PM
*Thank you. I'll need two stocks, probably. Is it replicated?* he asked. *Oh, never mind, you don't have that technology yet.*

ForceFightWMe12
01-24-2006, 05:13 PM
"Er..." Disciple murmured, looking quizzically at the Doctor.
"Oh, never mind, you don't have that technology yet."
"Well, here," he said, offering the two packages of veggetables, "Perhaps you should get some rest. We won't be arriving at Taris for a while."

JasraLantill
01-24-2006, 05:22 PM
In the dormitory of the Ebon Hawk, Jasra slept fitfully. In her dreams, or rather nightmares, she relived the moment she recovered her Master’s lightsaber in the deep ravine on Berrat III, trying to hold back the tears as she pried away her Master’s dead hand still clutched tightly around its hilt. Then she revisited the vacant and abandoned Jedi Temple, wandering its soundless corridors, its computer terminals dead, databanks erased, holobanks empty, and finally leaving her own lightsaber on a cold stone bench at the edge of the pool that once rippled from the trickles of a thousand fountains.

Then her mind wandered to the steaming, stench-ridden slums of Taris, set amongst the ruins and rubble of its once proud and gleaming towers, its inhabitants now existing on the proceeds from salvage, spice, or slavery and all the sordid services they spawned. Like Sig’s cantina—the dancing, the gambling, the drunken jeers and lewd suggestions from the shadowy tables and darkened corners.

Darkened corners… The Darkness was always just one step behind her. Stalking her silently. Watching for weakness. Waiting to pounce. Whispering seductively….

“NO!” She bolted upright in her bunk, hitting her head on the toprail. “Ow!” she instinctively went into a defensive position, then rubbed the bump on her forehead as she realised she had been the victim of a dream. She assumed the reason why she had experienced such a vivid nightmares was because she was in the proximity of so many Jedi. Or maybe it was because she was no longer hiding her own Force Affinity. Or perhaps, Crystal or even that Doctor had altered her mind in some way.

“The sooner I get to Taris, the sooner I can be rid of these Jedi!” she said angrily, thumping her pillow with a fist. She rolled over and faced the wall. It shouldn’t be much longer before they reached Taris. She hoped.

The Doctor
01-24-2006, 05:33 PM
*Yes, perhaps you're right,* said the Doctor. He ate one of the stalks of celery, then, taking a small pin from his pocket, secured the other to his jacket. He inhaled deeply. *Ah, much better," he said. *Come on, Nyssa, Tegan. To the TARDIS.*
The three of them left the room.

((If nobody has any more plans for conversations between characters, we should arrive at Taris within the next few posts. The thread will stagnate if we don't get there soon....))

The Doctor
01-24-2006, 06:23 PM
((Sorry for the double post, but I have news.
ExtremeJedi has given up control of Revan. I'm going to be taking control of him for a while. He will leave the story shortly.))

Revan sat in the turret seat alone, in an effort to get away fromj the noise of the Ebon Hawk. He enjoyed being back on the Ebon Hawk, but her new crew was.... obnoxious. The Exile was alright - he had gotten to know her during the war. But her companions - especially that male named Atton - really bugged him. They just weren't his kind of people.
And this Doctor man. He was extremely mysterious, always blocking any attempt to read into his thoughts. He obviously had some mental ability that enabled him to shield his mind - or maybe it was just to complex. All he sensed was numbers, equations, and algorithims - but it was different than a droid's brain, definately an organic being. His companions were easy to read - Tegan more so than Nyssa, but neither one was difficult. The most mysterious thing was that they seemed to have literally no connection to the Force whatsoever. How is that possible? What did they have to do with any of this?
He hadn't been able to read Crystal. Not at all. Her mind was just as complex as the Doctor's, but filled with barriers that he knew were set up intentionally, ones he couldn't seem to penetrate. He was just as wary of her as the Doctor or Atton....
This employer of Jasra's..... he didn't trust him. What does he want with Kira? Who does he work for - the Republic, the Sith? Or is he only interested in personal gain?
He had been meditating for hours, trying to make sense of all that was going on. The Force had been unable to provide him with answers he seeked. He gave up, seeking consolation in the stars.

ForceFightWMe12
01-24-2006, 06:53 PM
((OOC: I've just one thing to take care of now that everyone is resting...))

IC:

Disciple continued to scan through the video feed from the security cameras for the next hour or so, his eyes beginning to droop as the feed became more and more recent. That is, until he had switched to the feed from one of the dormitories...
"Atton, please, not now."
"What? What's wrong?"
Disciple's expression darkened as he rewound, watching the feed from the beginning, and grew darker as he watched it through. She loved Atton, didn't she?
The Jedi shut down the terminal, shaking his head. How? How had he allowed that to happen? His fist slammed down hard on metal as he felt tears well up. He cried not only because he had lost Kira...but what her love for Atton would cost her.
After he regained control of his emmotions, a considerably stormy Disciple left the security booth, moving back into the cockpit to see the Scoundrel in the pilot's chair, only half-watching what was happening on the viewscreens and monitors.
"I think we need to talk." the Jedi said, folding his arms across his chest.
"Oh? About what?" Atton asked, swirling the chair around to face the Disciple.
"Kira."
Atton's face lost his trademark devil-may-care attitude and took on an angrier hue. "Look, kid, we already made a pact about that, remember? We would both be there for her."
"And right now, I'm protecting her."
"Yeah? From what?"
"You."
The Scoundrel snarled, jumping from the seat. "What the hell is that supposed to mean??"
"I won't let you hurt her. I won't let you capture her heart, only to break it by leaving her. You're a deserter. You said it yourself."
Atton was about to reply, but stopped, a shocked expression taking over his face.
"That's right," Disciple said, "Kira gave me access to her records, remember? The little confession you made to her on Nar Shadaa just happened to be in them."
"Why you little bastard!" Atton shouted, advancing on him.
"I'm not going to let you hurt her, Atton. I won't let you kill her like you killed that Jedi years ago."
"How dare you talk about her!" the Scoundrel growled, leaping at him, "You know nothing about her!"
At that exact moment, the Ebon Hawk jolted as she exited from hyper space. Disciple sidestepped as Atton leapt at him, then allowed him to fall flat on the floor as the jolt overbalanced him.
"Remember, Atton, I'll be watching you." Disciple said, leaving the Scoundrel to curse him in several different vulgar languages and names.

JasraLantill
01-24-2006, 08:27 PM
Jasra came into the cockpit. She raised her eyebrow as she viewed Atton on the floor, cursing and spluttering a barrage of words that even a Hutt would find offensive. But her look was not distinct enough for him to know if she was questioning why he was sitting on the floor or who he was cursing. She casually stepped over him and went to look out the window.

“Taris.” She sighed gratefully. “It’s about bloody time.” She looked down her nose at Atton. “You know, you might find it a lot easier to land the ship seated in the pilot’s chair instead of the floor.”

Atton gave her a derogatory looking squint.

“Just a suggestion.” She stepped over him again, and headed for the dormitory. She wanted to learn more from Crystal about shielding her mind before she set foot on Taris.

Writer
01-24-2006, 09:09 PM
Crystal did not sleep at all. Whenever she tried, another random bit of memory flowed through her mind... and they weren't always hers. Memories from the other crew and passengers flooded her mind with greater frequency than her own did. Finally, she admitted defeat and sat up. When Jasra entered the dormitory, she found Crystal sitting on the bed, her back to the wall and her knees drawn up to her chest. Seeing Jasra, she smiled and stretched.

"You had a few nightmares, relived old things, and saw new things," she said quietly. Then, she shook her head. "But that's not why you're here."

JasraLantill
01-25-2006, 04:44 AM
"No, you're right," said Jasra. She opened her mouth to continue, then shut it. She frowned. "I'm not trying to insult you, but you look tired," she said with concern. "Didn't you sleep at...?"

It suddenly dawned on her why Crystal had mentioned about the nightmares. "Oh. Sorry." She sat down next to her. "The Force is flowing through me pretty freely now. I should have plenty of energy to learn how to shield my mind. That is, if you're still willing to teach me. Might be beneficial to us both. Especially when we land on Taris."

Writer
01-25-2006, 12:54 PM
It's not merely you," Crystal said with a smile. "The others... all of them except the Doctor... none of them know how to shield their minds from me."

She rubbed her eyes and nodded. "Yes. I'll teach you what I can." Then she stretched again. "And don't worry about my energy level. I can operate on very little sleep."

JasraLantill
01-25-2006, 01:42 PM
"Fine. Let's get on with it then. Just tell me what I need to do." Jasra cocked an inquisitive eyebrow. "Oh, but first, there is just one thing I'd like to know. When you're 'reading', for lack of a better term, someone else's thoughts without their permission, why doesn't it hurt?" She shifted uncomfortably. "I mean, I've had Force users pry into my mind before, and believe me it wasn't a very pleasant experience. But I've never felt anything like that from you. Why?"

Writer
01-25-2006, 01:52 PM
"Think of it like two different computers," Crystal said thoughtfully. "One works one way and the other works in a completely different way. In order for them to communicate, they need an adapter of some kind. It's the same way with a Force user trying to read. The Force has to adapt itself to read and I agree it's not very pleasant."

She frowned thoughtfully. "But my mind is arranged in a way that it just naturally picks up on things others are thinking. Mind to mind is far more compatible than Force to mind, even between alien minds and my own human mind."

JasraLantill
01-25-2006, 02:06 PM
Jasra took a moment to consider what Crystal had said. "I think I understand," she said, nodding. She let out a sigh. "Okay, I'm ready. So, how do I shield my mind from others?" She grinned slightly. "And you," she added. "What do I have to do first?"

Writer
01-25-2006, 02:12 PM
Crystal frowned thoughtfully. "A good solid physical barrier will repel even Force Sensitives that try. It may be uncomfortable, but they'll still be unable to get through."

She took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "It's so difficult to explain, so I'll let you feel it." She held out both of her hands and said, "Give me your hands."

JasraLantill
01-25-2006, 02:38 PM
Slowly, Jasra allowed Crystal to take her hands in hers. Almost immediately she was hit with a wave of sensations that seemed to radiate through her entire being. “So that’s what I’ve been doing wrong all this time….” she said quietly as she let her hands gradually slide out of Crystal’s grasp. “Pull it in tight, but keep it flexible,” she murmured pensively, “like a soft blanket stretched taught.” She grinned. “Thanks. Let me give it a try.”

Jasra rose and went to stand in the middle of the room. Eyes open, she concentrated; configuring the Force to the sensations she had felt, letting it surround her like a flexible bubble. “How’s that?” she asked, seeking approval.

Writer
01-25-2006, 03:10 PM
"Good," Crystal said, nodding in approval. "Very good."

Then, she closed her eyes and reached for Jasra's hands again. "Now, put your hands on my head."

Jasra's hands came up and rested on Crystal's head and Crystal's hands covered Jasra's hands.

"For a moment, shut the Force out," Crystal said quietly. "A Force barrier is helpful, but a mental barrier is nearly impenetrable."

Crystal's mind was divided into two parts. The outer part seemed to control her reading; the inner part was hidden, only accessible from within. Neural pathways had been altered, added, and erased. Sensing Jasra had understood this, Crystal spoke.

"I want to warn you," she said quietly. "Altering your neural pathways to construct a barrier around that which you want hidden is painful. Your head feels as if it's on fire. But after it's done, you'll agree it's worth it."

JasraLantill
01-25-2006, 03:59 PM
Jasra took a deep breath, then nodded at Crystal. She sat down on the floor, and crossed her legs in a meditation position. Another deep, calming breath and she was ready to try.

She concentrated, centring herself before reaching inwards. Deeper and deeper she delved, until…

She began to feel her temperature rising. The warmth was uncomfortable, but she drove herself further with sheer stubborness. The warmth became heat. Then the heat became fire. Fire? This was way beyond fire. Jasra’s head felt as if she were washing her hair in hot lava.

As she struggled to maintain control, a slight trickle of blood dribbled from her nose.

Writer
01-25-2006, 04:07 PM
Crystal winced as she noticed the blood. She had to help. That may have been too much to ask of a person that did not have telepathic abilities. She placed her right hand on Jasra's forehead and winced at the heat. As Jasra continued working within her mind, Crystal acted as a 'heat release'. She began to sweat.

"Concentrate," Crystal encouraged.

The Doctor
01-25-2006, 04:11 PM
"Doctor, what are you doing?" asked Tegan. stretching and yawining.
*Dematerialising the TARDIS,* he responded, as if it should have been obvious.
"What?!" exclaimed Tegan. "You mean we're leaving, just like that?"
*Oh, of course not, Tegan,* he said impatiently. *We're simply going to dematerialise, so we can sleep for as long as we need. We can rematerialise in a few local hours.*
The TARDIS column began to move - but it was jumping up uneven;y, instead of the usual smooth action. The console began emitting strange beeps and whistles. The engine seemd to be struggling to start (http://www.dwwa.net/dr1/Child/pilottakeoff.wav), but not coming anywhere near succeeding.
"What's happening? That doesn't sound right."
The Doctor was busy moving around the console, trying to figure out what was wrong. *No, that's not right. Aha! Here's the problem - it looks like the dematerialization code has been changed! Who in blazes.....*
"Maybe it was that alien who attacked you! Maybe it's still on bo-"
*I doubt it, Tegan. This was done by someone with extensive knowledge of TARDIS technology.* he said bitterly.
"You mean...."
*Yes. The Timelords.* he said bitterly.
Another sound filled the TARDIS. (http://www.dwwa.net/dr6/Sirens/type7-takeoff.wav)
"It sounds as if the engines were kicking in!" said Nyssa excitedly.
*No, Nyssa," said the Doctor darkly. *That's a type 70 TARDIS. Mine is type 40. That sound is probabvly the puppet of the Timelords sent to strand me here.*
"Why would the Timelord want to strand you here?" asked Tegan innocently.
*It's possible I've done something to offend them again - it wouldn't be the first time they've exiled me. But no, it's more likely that they need a Timelord here, but can't spare anyone for the mission. So they send me. I'm disspossable to them."

JasraLantill
01-25-2006, 04:24 PM
The heat abated slightly. Jasra made one final push inwards, locking her most secret thoughts and memories into the internal coffer she had constructed in her mind. Her energy sapped, and still in intense pain, she released a heaving sigh and collapsed to the floor like a rag doll.

Unable to move, she laid there for a moment with her cheek pressed against the cold metal deck, and Crystal’s hand resting comfortingly and cool upon her forehead. Finally, she exhaled a shuddering breath. “I think I did it,” she said very slowly.

Writer
01-25-2006, 04:33 PM
Crystal smiled faintly. "Good, good." Then, she collapsed.

JasraLantill
01-25-2006, 04:43 PM
Jasra felt Crystal's dead weight on the back of her shoulders, but could do nothing about it at the moment. "Crystal?" she said softly. No response. "Crystal?" Still nothing. Not even an acknowledging twitch. "Oh, crap," Jasra muttered.

Great, Jasra thought. Crystal's out like a light. I can barely move my lips and eyes, let alone any other body part to see if she's all right. Guess that old adage is true. There is never a Doctor around when you need one.

Writer
01-25-2006, 05:03 PM
Despite her lack of physical consciousness, Crystal's mind was still fairly alert... and puzzled. She could tell that Jasra's physical barrier had a few small leaks, but... what was that?

Oh, Crystal realized. Because she had helped Jasra, there was a small link between them. Searching the link deeper, she sent words into Jasra's mind. Jasra? Are you alright?

The Doctor
01-25-2006, 05:04 PM
The Doctor slammed his fist down on the console, making K9 activate for a moment.
"Master?"
*It's alright K9, conserve your power levels,: he said. *It seems as if I am some sort of intergalactic yo-yo!* he said angrily.
"It's alright Doctor," said Nyssa consolingly. "We'll just have to-"
But the Doctor stopped her with a wave of his hand. Images were playing through his mind. He saw Crystal lying on the floor, Jasra powerless to help her.
*Crystal is in danger!* he yelled, forgetting his current trouble.
"It's that Jasra, isn't it? She's attacked poor Crystal!"
*Enough Tegan!" yelled the Doctor, before turning around and bolting out of the TARDIS. Tegan and Nyssa looked at each other, then ran after him.

The Doctor came full speed into the dormitory, and saw Crystal lying on the floor, unconscious. He ran to her side, checking for a pulse - it was weak, but steady. *Nyssa, I need you to go back to find Disciple. Tell him I need a cordical stimulator, now! We need to keep her brain functions from collapsing. Tegan, go to the TARDIS. In the medical room you'll find a transparent liquid in a vial with a green stopper. Bring it to me, please.*
"Yes Doctor," they both said, then leaving to carry out his instructions.

Nyssa ran through the ship, calling for Disciple.
"The Doctor needs you! Please, Crystal is in danger!"

There was nothing more he could do for Crystal until Nyssa got back with Disciple. He turned his attention to Jasra. He reached out to check her vital functions, but pulled back when he got an inch from her. Her body temperature was off the charts!
He braced himself, then tryed again. He made contact with her neck, and felt for a pulse. It was strong and steady. Her breathing was ragged, but not unordinary. She seemed to be paralysed, but how.... he had no idea.

Writer
01-25-2006, 05:07 PM
((Doc, both Crystal and Jasra are lying there.))

Calm down, Crystal's annoyed voice rang through Nyssa's mind. Jasra and I are fine... we're just tired. Leave us alone and we'll be fine.

JasraLantill
01-25-2006, 05:09 PM
"Crystal's all right," Jasra said quietly. "She's just..." Just what? "...resting."

The Doctor
01-25-2006, 05:13 PM
Nyssa stopped. She thought she had heard Crystals voice, but she wasn't sure.
"Crystal?" she said aloud. She heard nothing else. She didn't know what to do. Crystal said that they would be best left alone, but the Doctor needed to control her vital signs.....
I'll get the cordical stimulator, she thought. Just to be safe.

((The cordical stimulator will only keep Crystal from going into a coma, nothing else. The mental thingy going on between her and Jasra will not be affected.))

Tegan returned, holding three vials of transparent liquid, all with gree stoppers.
*Thank you, Tegan,* he said absently, taking the vials. *The hyronalin will keep her system from going into shock. It's a precaution, nothing more...*
"What about Jasra?"
*She's in no danger, as far as I can see. Though her body temperature is very high. She'll need one of these vials as w-*
He stopped at the sound of Jasra's voice.
"Crysal's alright, se's just....... resting."

JasraLantill
01-25-2006, 05:17 PM
Jasra strained to see what she could from the corner of her eye. She could only see the Doctor's hand holding the vial. "What are you doing?" she asked groggily.

The Doctor
01-25-2006, 05:18 PM
*It's called hyronalin. It will keep your system from going into shock; you're body temperature has almost trippled. If you don't take this, you will die.*

JasraLantill
01-25-2006, 05:20 PM
"Hey, watch where you stick that," Jasra said uncomfortably.

The Doctor
01-25-2006, 05:21 PM
*You must drink it, Jasra. Trust me.*

JasraLantill
01-25-2006, 05:33 PM
The Doctor administered the vial to Jasra. The thick green liquid tasted like it had passed through the guts of a Bantha and clung to the inside of Jasra's mouth like Eopie milk. "Ugh!" she choked.

But after a few moments she began to feel...well, more connected to her body. She wiggled her big toe inside her boot. Suppose I can live with the taste if it's helping. But, eeuw!

The Doctor
01-25-2006, 05:39 PM
*I know it tastes horrible, but any kind of attemtps I've made to make it more pleasent have failed - very badly, as a matter of fact....*

JasraLantill
01-25-2006, 05:58 PM
Badly? Jasra thought. I shudder to even imagine something that could taste worse than that stuff did!

"Thanks," she said to the Doctor. "I think it's helping." Her fingers twitched. "See? And I'm not feeling quite as...flushed."

And please don't shove another vial of that horrible liquid down my throat!

The Doctor
01-25-2006, 06:00 PM
*You should regain your motor functions temporarily. Now, I need you to tell me what you and Crystal were doing before she collapsed.*

Writer
01-25-2006, 06:03 PM
Feeling satisfied that Jasra would be alright, Crystal focused on removing the exess heat from her body that she'd taken from Jasra. There was a skull splitting pain banging about in her head and she knew she appeared unconscious from an outside perspective, but it worked for the moment.

"Give me a moment," she murmured. The physical exhertion caused the pain in her head to increase slightly, but she decided that, in the end, it would be worth it.

JasraLantill
01-25-2006, 06:04 PM
"Doing?" There was a long, guilty pause. "Erm...nothing. Just...having a discussion. About... things. Innocuous, but private things."

Oh, why did he have to ask?

The Doctor
01-25-2006, 06:05 PM
The Doctor noticed Crystal stirring. He moved over to her, a bottle of hyronolin ready. He pulled out the stopper and poured it down her throat before she could stop him. *This will prevent you from going in shock. It should help the pain a little, as well.*

He looked over at Jasra. *Why do I get the feeling that you aren't being entirely truthful?*

Writer
01-25-2006, 06:09 PM
Crystal grimaced, but the pain in her head faded to a dull throbbing. She shuddered and sat up slowly, slightly surprised at how tired she'd become.

"We'll recover, Doctor," she said. "You don't need to know details."

ForceFightWMe12
01-25-2006, 06:21 PM
Kira stirred as she felt a jolt of the ship beneath her. They had arrived at Taris. Good bye heaven. Hello hell.
With a small yawn, she pulled herself up, stretching slightly. With a small series of cracks from her spine, the Exile pushed her legs out from beneath the covers and over the side of the bunk, shuddering as her feet touched the cold metal. Standing, she keyed open the footlocker beneath her bunk, pulling out her inner Jedi robes, cloak, and boots. She quickly began to dress, then turned to the small mirror that was also in the locker, grabbed her hair band, and pulled her hair back once again into her signature ponytail.
As she began to put on her outer robes, she felt another Force signature tickling her senses.
"Any particular reason you're watching me, Disciple?" she said, peeking over her shoulder with a small smile, spying the blonde-haired man just outside the doorway.
"Er...well..."
"Disciple! Disciple! The Doctor needs you! Please, Crytal is in danger!"
Both Jedi turned at the voice. A dark look passed between the two, before they both hurried out.
"I can sense him in the other dormitory." Disciple said, and the two jogged in through the door to see Crystal and Jasra both lying on the floor.
"What happened?" Kira asked, her expression worried as Disciple knelt next to Jasra.

The Doctor
01-25-2006, 06:31 PM
*It's alright, everything is under control. Disciple, I'm going to need a cordical stimulator,* said the Doctor.

JasraLantill
01-25-2006, 06:34 PM
A shiver ran down Jasra's spine. No longer concealing the Force, Jasra could sense the full strength of the Exile’s power. And it scared her.

“Don’t touch me, Jedi,” Jasra said to the Disciple, but looking at Kira. “I’m fine. I think. Or I will be, if you just give me a few moments.”

Writer
01-25-2006, 07:24 PM
"We'll both be fine in a few moments," Crystal said slowly, still holding her head. She moved slowly, sitting up and leaning against the nearest wall.

The Doctor
01-25-2006, 07:40 PM
*Oh, Kira, as long as you're here, I was wondering if you had heard of a planet in the outer rim known as Omwat?* asked the Doctor.

ForceFightWMe12
01-25-2006, 08:06 PM
"Omwart?" Kira said, her expression darkening. "It's a big ball of slime. Not very appealing."

The Doctor
01-25-2006, 08:38 PM
*Nyssa and Tegan discovered a datapad in the garage bay, just underneath your pod racer - or are they still called swoop bikes in this era? Oh, I can never keep them straight - anyway, it mentioned a planet named Omwat. I looked into it in the TARDIS databanks, and there wasn't much of interest there. It did say, however, that the people of Omwat are Force sensative.*

ForceFightWMe12
01-25-2006, 09:56 PM
"That's strange...It felt as if there were barely a twinge of life on the whole planet...not that I was entirely intune with the Force at that point in time, but..." Kira bit the edge of her finger lightly. "This might be worth investigating, seeing as Revan apparently visited the planet..."

The Doctor
01-25-2006, 11:16 PM
*Yes, I agree. But perhaps we should meet with Jasra's employer first. I have just tried dematerialising the TARDIS - it seems as if the Timelords have stranded me here. I am needed here. There is some event about to take place that history has not recorded. This trip to Taris is important.*

ForceFightWMe12
01-26-2006, 03:13 PM
"Don't worry," Kira said, a small smile playing across her lips, "It took us forever to get here. I'm not leaving so soon."
Now sure that Crystal and Jasra were going to be fine, Kira headed for the cockpit again, intending to check on their progress to a Taris port.
"How're we doing, Atton?" she asked.
"Fine. I've found a clear dock and we should be landing in a few minutes." he said, casting a dark, sidelong glance at Disciple, who had followed the Exile.

JasraLantill
01-26-2006, 03:32 PM
With control now filtering back to her limbs, from time and the Doctor’s intervention, Jasra gradually staggered to her feet. Her head throbbed. But the knowledge that she was close to being finished with her job, combined with the fact that she could now shield her innermost thoughts, made the headache bearable.

She made her way to the cockpit, where Kira and the Disciple were looking over Atton’s shoulder as he prepared for landing.

“I hope you’re not thinking of using Dock 25,” she said to Atton. “I mean, you do want your ship in one piece when you leave, right?”

She sat down uninvited in the navigator’s chair. “Use Dock 8. It’s cheaper, cleaner, and you won’t have to worry about scavs prying off any lose bits from the ship. And they should have a few double bays open. We’ll have to walk through the spice quarter, but being as Karda’s ship is still docked with the Ebon Hawk, it’s the only place we can safely set down.” She rolled out her shoulders, then did a slow head roll to stretch out her neck, before beginning to enter the co-ordinates for Dock 8 into the computer. “I’ll contact my employer while you….” She looked at Atton askance. “OK, fine,” she said irritably. “Land on 25. See if I care. But don’t say I didn’t warn you.”

ForceFightWMe12
01-26-2006, 03:44 PM
"Look, I've been up and down the spacelanes more times than you could even imagine. I know what I'm doing." Atton said, annoyed. "Just sit back and let me do my job."