PDA

View Full Version : Knights Of The Old Republic: Darkness Falls

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

3yks
02-04-2006, 03:44 PM
"You want to learn from me Jasra?" He asked. His grey eyes were disconcerting, as he looked into her face ... the metal gauntelts slowly tapping at the metal surface of the table. He hadn't ntoticed the tiny little hole the tips had started to make in it.

"There are many things I could teach you. The jedi know little of the power of the force, all tied up in staying away from their emotions. The force is not good or evil, those that weild it are. I'm not evil, I use my emotions to fuel me, yes, but I am not here to rage through civilians, or kill people who don't deserve it." He looked around for a moment, the others still weren't looking. Good.

"The Jedi teach all that control, but you've lived int he real world. You know it's not all black and white. think about my words Jasra. I'm only after Revan, and he deserves what I am bringing him. He murdered my Lord, the Lord of all the Zedai on my planet ... for no reason on than the fact that we are not simply dead creatures playing with the force. We offered to teach Revan, to teach him to use his full potential. And not be have his mind clouded by that power either, like the so called 'sith' do." He frowned. "Go now, return to your table ... Feel free to tell them I am here, you nor them will find me if I don't want you too."

Writer
02-04-2006, 04:30 PM
Unnoticed, Crystal slipped out after Kira. After listening to Kira's thoughts for a moment, Crystal approached her. "The shard has this control of you is because you give it freely. You want power; the shard offers it. It will have no control over you if you can truly refuse it."

JasraLantill
02-04-2006, 04:34 PM
Jasra suddenly realised her mouth was open. She couldn't believe what she had just heard. He didn’t want to kill her. He wanted to train her. Actually train her.

She cast a wary glance over her shoulder at the Ebon Hawk group. At Crystal. Then at Kira. Each of them had taught her some things, but somehow she always felt as if she wasn’t worthy enough in their presence, like they looked down on her.

Jasra eyed the Omwati. She wondered how old he was. Hard to tell. Certainly much older and wiser than she was anyways. And for him to be sent by his people all this way on his own meant that he was certainly capable. And she knew first hand how well he fought and how powerful he was. And he wanted to train her.

She cast her eyes back over her shoulder. “Thank you, I …,” she started to say to Brax. Kira looked suddenly upset, and she was leaving the cantina. Jasra felt compelled to follow her.

Jasra turned quickly back to Brax. “I… I’d like time to think about your offer,” she said hurriedly, rising to follow Kira. “But, right now, I have to go.”

She hurried after Kira, catching up to her only after Crystal had boarded the Ebon Hawk. She paused at the top of the ramp, listening to what Crystal was saying to Kira.

3yks
02-04-2006, 05:16 PM
Brax watched her go. She would think it over, and he would know if she told anyone. He glanced down at a small screen attached to his wrist. A datapad, tapping at it with a clawed finger and watching Jasra for a moment. He looked up at the group again.

(Doc that thing we talked about can ahppen now)

The Doctor
02-04-2006, 05:21 PM
Revan passed Kira and the Exile, unseen - he couldn't let them follow him should he be forced to enter battle. He steeped into the cantina. There it was. Sitting in a table in the corner. He could sense the feeble attempts to shield it's mind and thoughts more than anything.

3yks
02-04-2006, 05:32 PM
Brax pulled his hood back, and locked his eyes with Revans. "Outside" He mouthed, and stood, heading straight for Revan. The others didn't see him pass a few tables away. Moving out after Revan and looking around. The area was fairly open, a few bystanders, but that was unavoidable. He twisted his neck slowly, a few pops coming from it.

"It's time to end this Revan, today one of us dies."

The Doctor
02-04-2006, 05:36 PM
"You cannot defeat me, animal," said Revan, drawing his lightsaber. He fell into a defensive position. "Let's end this."

3yks
02-04-2006, 05:41 PM
Brax, was not one for 'defensive positions' he launched himself, the force aiding in closing the distance between them, one of his claws swung for the lightsaber that revan held, the other swung for his shoulder, in a rake across his chest.

(Again feel free to control brax a bit for the fighting Doc.)

The Doctor
02-04-2006, 05:57 PM
((Yay. Another fight scene!))

Revan barely held on to his lightsaber while trying to avoid losing an arm. He pushed back as hard as he could, once again marvelling at how strong the creature was. He managed to force the creature away, and made a strike to it's chest. It doged easily, rolling to the side, then slashing at his chest. He ducked, bringin his lightsaber around in an arch. He the flipped into the air, landing behind the creature. He lunged for it's back, but he wasn't fast enough. Brax brought his massive claws around, his fist hitting Revan square in the chest. Gasping for breath, he fell to the ground. His lightsaber went rolling to the side out of reach. He threw out his hand to retrieve it, but Brax stepped on his had, breaking the bones into pulp. He looked up into the creatures dark eyes, and saw a pure hatred staring back. Brax brought his sharp claws into the air.
"Goodbye, Revan."
He brought his claws down, penetrating Revan's chest. Crimson blood soaked his robes. He tried calling out for help, but he couldn't breath through the blood. The last thing he saw was Brax standing over him, a cruel but satisfied grin spreading across his face.

3yks
02-04-2006, 06:11 PM
Brax's claws dug deep, ripping into the flesh, seeking something. And he found it, a heart. Revan's heart was torn from his chest, a fleshy red thing there in Brax's claws. His other ahnd dipped into his robes, removing a small box. He openedit and placed the heart carefully inside, then selaed it again and tucked it back into his robes. A crowd was gathering, he looked around at them. Smiled, and ran, hopping over the edge of the platform and into the water ...

ForceFightWMe12
02-04-2006, 08:03 PM
"True your words may be," Kira growled, still obviously angry, "But I should be able to fight it. It shouldn't be so hard to ignore it. I was in the presence of Darth Nhilus, and I was able to fight his power. He couldn't take control of me like these Shards have."

~*~*~

((OOC: And since Atton and Disciple seemed to have totally been oblivious to the fight, I'll say they were in an alley discussing some things...))

IC:

"She needs our help, Atton." the blonde haired Jedi said, "These Shards...they're affecting her like nothing ever has before. The Doctor and I have talked, and we both fear that their power may be too much for her."
"We can't control her," Atton murmured, "She's too strong-willed. If we forced her into anything, we'd probably find a lightsaber in our face before we could even blink."
"We still need to watch her. We have to make sure that she doesn't slip completely under its influence."
"And if we can't?"
"Then I fear we're all doomed...without her..."

Writer
02-04-2006, 08:15 PM
"Why should you be able to fight it?" Crystal pressed. "It's not like you've encountered these shards before... you have no prior experience with them, Kira. In such a situation, how can you expect yourself to resist? It touches you in a different way than anything else ever has before. You cannot resist because you don't know how it's triggering you."

JasraLantill
02-04-2006, 08:41 PM
“He arrived on the Ebon Hawk,” said one Selkath to the other as he examined Revan’s bloodied corpse on the outer causeway.

“I recognise him,” said the other Selkath. “Revan. He is a Jedi.”

“A Jedi?” Selkath number one was quiet. “If someone killed a Jedi, there’s no telling what they would do to escape! We must seal off Ahto City immediately and inform the Judges!”

“Agreed,” said Selkath number two. “Call for the removal of the body. I will round up the suspects.”

“What suspects?” Selkath one asked.

“Anyone in the area who is not a Selkath, of course,” said Selkath two.

~~~~~~~

A small detachment of six armed Selkath guards approached the Disciple and Atton in the alley.

“You are under arrest,” one of them said to the both of them. “You will come with us now, without delay.”

ForceFightWMe12
02-04-2006, 08:45 PM
"What the hell!!" Atton shouted at the selkath, the Disciple standing peacfully next to him, looking at the Selkath with unreadable eyes, "What do you mean arrested??? On what charges??"

~*~*~

"Regardless." Kira said, "I had never felt a power such as the one at the Trayus Core. Did I submit then? No. Why should I--"
Kira collapsed against a wall as she was assulted by more pain and images. It was overwhelming.
"I-It's getting stronger," she was able to choke out, "It's p-power over m-me is getting stronger. It's calling me...from beneath the sea..."

Writer
02-04-2006, 08:50 PM
"I know," Crystal answered quietly, grimacing slightly. "Not only is your mind overflowing, but the shard mocks me. It has had the opposite effect on me as it has on you. It calls to you, begs you to go and get it. It mocks me, jeers at me, telling me that I'm weak and couldn't handle its power."

She shuddered. "Will you let me help you?"

ForceFightWMe12
02-04-2006, 08:56 PM
Defiantly, Kira stood straight again, using her arm as leverage against the steel. "No. If I'm going to beat this, I have to do this alone."

Writer
02-04-2006, 09:00 PM
"If you need help, denying it will only speed your fall," Crystal warned. "But if you honestly think this is a struggle that is yours alone, take a look at me and remember what I used to look like. Then, see if you still feel that way and make your choice after that."

With that, she left Kira alone.

ForceFightWMe12
02-04-2006, 09:03 PM
"Hmph." Kira murmured, proceeding into a dormitory.
I don't need any help. No one could help me, even if they tried. she thought, sitting on the floor, As it has been all my life.

JasraLantill
02-04-2006, 09:11 PM
"I'm going with you," Jasra said to Kira, stepping out from behind the bulkhead. "I didn't mean to eavesdrop. Well, didn't intend to anyway. But I'm still going with you. You can't do this alone."

Kira opened her mouth to say something, but Jasra cut her off.

"And arguing about it isn't going to dissuade me. I saw what that shard did to you. And Crystal. And what this new one's doing to you both of you now. And I'm going with you. End of story."

She cringed slightly, feeling a disturbance in the Force. "Something's wrong..." she began.

((OOC: Jasra's feeling Revan becoming one with the Force. D'oh! Every Jedi should have felt that!))

~~~~~

"The charge is murder," said the Selkath, leveling his Force Pike at Atton. "You will come with us now, or face even greater penalties."

Writer
02-04-2006, 09:16 PM
Crystal flinched. "Revan is dead." She swore in her language. "It always hurts when a mind goes dead..."

((And Crystal is still planning to go after Kira and the shard, though she'll hold back slightly... just where she can see Kira, though she could get to the shard first if she wanted to. She wants to see how Kira reacts to it first. :) ))

ForceFightWMe12
02-04-2006, 09:26 PM
"Jasra, you can't--"
Kira cringed as a wave of Force energy washed over her, and then was totally gone. "Oh no..." she murmured, "By the Force, no!!"
She stood, and ran out of the Hawk, headed back into the city. She blasted down the causways, darting around the bystanders, and back to the cantina where...
"No..." tears leaked from her eyes at the sight of her former commander and friend lay on the ground, blood leaking from his chest. "Revan..." she whispered. "I should never have left..."

~*~*~

"Murder?" Disciple asked, stepping in front of a raging Atton, "Who is dead?"

Writer
02-04-2006, 09:34 PM
Suddenly, out of nowhere, Crystal was kneeling next to Kira.

"Come on," she urged. "This bears a striking resemblance to my last trip to Manaan. At the death of somebody, anybody not in the Sith or Republic bases that was non-Selkath got arrested as a suspect. We have to go. Now!"

ForceFightWMe12
02-04-2006, 09:44 PM
Kira stood resentfully. "It was that thing that did it." she said, to no one in particular, "That thing with the claws."

Writer
02-04-2006, 09:55 PM
"I know," Crystal answered quietly. "We'll deal with him later."

ForceFightWMe12
02-04-2006, 09:57 PM
"C'mon," Kira said, spotting a Selkath patrol creeping down the stree, "Let's get out of here."
As the two ran from the plaza, Kira thought I'll find that shard. I'll find it and use its power to destroy that bastard that killed Revan.

JasraLantill
02-04-2006, 10:03 PM
Jasra sunk to her knees, overwhelmed with the feeling of a Jedi's death. She hadn't felt this sensation since...

The name of her old Master choked in her throat. "Kelva," she whispered.

She knew it had been a powerful Jedi who had just died. Revan. Brax had killed him. Brax must be mighty indeed to have killed one such as Revan. And he could teach her to be just as powerful.

Powerful enough to help Kira and Crystal? Alone in the ship, (well, except for Bao-Dur in the engine room), she pondered on this for a moment. Brax had spoke of 'balance' before. Surely if she could achieve this, she wouldn't be consumed by the Dark Side? And then she could prevent Kira and Crystal from being consumed by the Gayat crystal.

It was tempting. Very tempting. But she couldn't leave Kira. Not now. And now that Brax had killed Revan, the others--especially Kira and Karda--would be after him for revenge. Would Brax be able to train her in secret? Without Kira and Karda's knowledge? It was a possibility. He was able to cloak himself somehow in the cantina. Could he keep himself cloaked enough to train her?

If he could, she would accept his offer. Accept it, and use her new skills to help Kira and Crystal.

3yks
02-04-2006, 10:14 PM
Brax didn't care about Kira and Crystal, and the others ... now that Revan was dead he was back on his ship. In orbit around the planet. And considering simply leaving, sure togo had paid him to watch these people, to give reports. But what did he care, his duty was done. He had vanquished the enemy to all his people, his master had been avenged. He took the small box into his hands. His clawed guantlets had been removed, and under his blue hands were oddly pale, as he almost never took them off. He opened it slowly, and peered in at Revan's Heart. This was his proof, any could feel Revan in that heart. He touched it with his bare hand, and closed his eyes. Mediting for a short time. Then he sealed it back up, and locked it away in a hidden compartment of the ship.

He would stay, his people coudl wait a little longer to know he had done as he had been sent to do. If he could train Jasra in the ways of the Zedai, and save the galaxy by helping those shards get collected ... then his people would be even more happy upon his return.

Jasra will train under me, she knows what I offer her. And she knows that it will aid her alies. He smiled to himself, and instruced his ship to land again, he changed his transponder code chip first though, and registered in a different birth. He had arrived after the death, the authorities couldn't consider him a suspect.

JasraLantill
02-04-2006, 10:46 PM
The Selkath’s holding cells were getting full. So much so that they were using some of the floors in the hotel as cells as well, just until they could weed out the potential murder suspects. People were released, upon verification of their alibis. But not Atton or the Disciple. They were deemed prime suspects. And were brought in front of the panel of judges to be formally charged as such….

“You were on the same ship as the deceased Jedi, Revan,” Judge Naleshekan was saying to the pair who now stood in front of him. “You must have known him. And in our experience, ones who are close to the victim always have motives and opportunity.”

“You will be held over for trial,” said Judge Jhosa.

“You may choose an arbiter, or one can be appointed for you by the court,” said Judge Shelkar.

“Until your trial, you will be detained,” said Judge Kota.

“And when you are proved guilty, you will be sentenced,” added Judge Duula.

Atton and the Disciple were led away to the cells, without any chance of rebuttal.

~~~~~~~

Jasra left the Ebon Hawk and went to find Kira. And possibly Brax. But she didn’t want to find both of them at the same time.

ForceFightWMe12
02-04-2006, 10:55 PM
"Every time." Atton said as he leaned against the metal rod from which the amber light of a Force Cage spewed, "Every single time something goes wrong, I'm automatically a suspect!"
"Calm yourself, Atton," Disciple said, sitting in a meditative position on the floor of his own, "We need to think less of where we are and more of how we're going to get out of here."
"Easy. We wait until the trial, find ourselves mediocre arbiter, and end up on the fishs' death row."
"I'm glad to see you're so optmistic."

The Doctor
02-05-2006, 01:57 AM
((Holy crap. You guys were busy tonight!))

The Doctor wtood in a holding cell with Nyssa and Tegan, pacing the room. Revan was dead. The alien creature had dissapeared.
"Doctor, what's going to happen to us?"
*I don't know, Tegan. I'm sure we'll be released soon, and we can hunt down the creature that murdered Revan. I feel it has something to do with the Shard. It's nearby, I cann feel it.*
"But... Doctor...." began Nyssa. "You said that the three of us had no connection to the Force. How can you-"
*Intuition, Nyssa,* he responded. *I can feel it at the back of my mind. The Shard is nearby. Possibly beneath us, in the Harakat Rift. No, that's no right...* he scrathced his chin pensively. *Ah, yes, the Hrakert Rift.*
"Doctor," said Tegan, her eyes brimming with tears. "How much longer are we going to have to be here?"
*Brave heart, Tegan,* said the Doctor soothingly. *We'll get out of this. We always do,* he added, smiling.
Two Selkath walked into the cell, both of them armed.
"Which one of you would like to come first?"
*Well, I-*
"No, Doctor!" screamed Nyssa. "We should stay together."
*That's not possible, Nyssa,* he said.
"But then we could-"
*Selkath law is clear, Nyssa,* he said. *It's alright. You'll be fine.*
"Then come with us," said the second Selkath. The Doctor followed him out of the cell.

========================

Nyssa and Tegan stood in the cell, alone. The doors opened again, and two familiar faces entered.
"Atton!" called Tegan. "Disciple! Are you alright? What happened?"

Dylan Klay
02-05-2006, 02:01 AM
Nylon swept a blonde lock from his face and looked over at Atton and the Diciple. Chuckling, he shook his head and sat cross legged on his cells floor. He let the Living force flow through his body and followed the circuit paths up and around to their source. It was nice having a former smuggler turned Jedi Sentinel as your Master.

"Or, I could pick the locks," Nylon spoke up to the duo. For some reason, the Force called out to these two and had placed them with Nylon. If the Force wanted him to help these two out, who was he to say no. "These forcefields may be shilded from...conventional means, but I'm by no way conventional."

The Doctor
02-05-2006, 02:19 AM
"Hey, what about us?" asked Tegan, running up to the forcefield.

RobQel-Droma
02-05-2006, 01:00 PM
Karda felt Revan's death just as he was in the cantina. Hearing what Kira said about the creature with the claws, he agreed. But what if the beast came after them? He was nowhere close to Revan's power. Maybe if they all attacked it...

Following Kira, Jasra, and the rest back to the ship, he noticed that Jasra seemed to preoccupied with something else. Had she as well felt Revan's death through the Force? Sometime, when she is alone, there are quite a few things I would like to ask her. He thought.

Dylan Klay
02-05-2006, 01:14 PM
Nylon smiled a dark smile, shook his head, the looked up. "Sure." They could use the distraction.

"Ready?" He inquired. "I hope ya'll know a way out of here." He closed his eyes, retracing his steps, following the flow...right....there!!! The fields sputtered and Klay tried to keep the alarms from triggering, the strain showing on his face. He tried to follow those too. "G..Go..."

The Doctor
02-05-2006, 01:17 PM
The Doctor stepped into the court room, the five judges eyeing his clotheing, the celery in particular, with curiousity.
*Ah, Judge Shelkon!* he said hap[pily. *So nice to see you again!*
"Do you understand the severity of this trial, human?" asked Shelkon incredulously.
*Oh please, don't call me human, just Doctor will do nicely, thank you.*
Shelkon stared at him. "State your name for the record, doctor....?"
*Doctor.*
"Doctor who?" (( :xp: ))
*Just the Doctor.*
"The Doctor?"
*Hello!* he said, waving with two fingers.
"I ask you again, 'doctor': are you aware of the severity of the situation?"
*Well, considering Revan, the greatest Jedi of this era has just been murdered - which was not unexpected, mind you - I'd say that the situation is fairly dire, yes.*
"Where were you at the time of the murder?"
*The Cantina. I have witnesses who can verify that. And I also can varify a number of your suspects to be there wit me, as well. Namely Kira Starr, Jasra Lantill, Crystal Grey, Karda.... you know, his last name never-*
"We do not have these persons in custody!" called one of the judges. 'Where-"
*I assure you your honour, they had nothing to do with this.*
"They are further companions of Revan?"
*Well, yes, but for that matter, so am I, and-*
"You say there are those who can verify your alibi? Who?"
*Well, there are the two women you captured with me, Tegan Jovenka and Nyssa of Traken. There are also two men named Atton Rand and M- Disciple.*
"Disciple?"
*Yes, I'm afraid I don't know his true name,* he lied. *He's rather like myself in that respect, actually.*
"And you can verify where these people were, you say?"
*Well, Tegan and Nyssa were with me... but as for Atton and Disciple... they went off alone somewhere. But-* The judges began clicking away in their sub vocalized language.
*I assure you your honours, they had nothing to do with this!*
"You have no way of knowing that."
*They both respected and admired Revan. They would never murder him.*
"Then who did, 'doctor'?" asked one of the judges.
*I believe it was a native of the planet Omwat. He has been hunting Revan since I arrived in this ga- in his company.*
"And can anybody else verify the existance of this "Omwat" sentient?"
*Yes. My companions. All of them have seen it. Actually, Jasra as done battle with it. You would do well to question her first.*
"Very well," said Jhosa. "You will be eescorted back to your companions."

ForceFightWMe12
02-05-2006, 01:51 PM
The forcefields seemed to falter, and Atton reached his hand out...to recieve a shock that caused him to fall back against the only solid wall of the cell. "Damn," he murmured, wincing as he moved his fingers.
"The shields are still up," Disciple cocked his head towards the door, "And the guards are coming."

The Doctor
02-05-2006, 02:33 PM
*That Forcefield has mulitply redundant fail safes,* said the Doctor, who was being escorted by the approaching guards. *Just in case.* he added with a smile.

ForceFightWMe12
02-05-2006, 03:12 PM
"Yeah, thanks for the heads up." Atton said sarcastically, still nursing his newly burned hand.
"Where is Kira?" Disciple asked the Doctor, "We have to find her. If anyone she'll be the one who could get us out of here."

The Doctor
02-05-2006, 03:15 PM
*I'm not sure,* said the Doctor, examining Atton's hand. *The Selkath said they didn't have her in custody when I mentioned that she could confirm our alibis.*
"Doctor, how are we going to get out of this?" asked Tegan again.
*Brave heart, Tegan,* said the Doctor again. *As I said before, we'll be alright. We've been in worse situations - and worse prison cells.*

JasraLantill
02-05-2006, 03:24 PM
Just outside the ramp of the Ebon Hawk, Jasra could feel a flurry of tension emanating from within the city. She assumed that it might have something to do with Revan’s death. Either that or something to do with Kira and the shard. She bent down and checked that the lightsaber was still tucked in her boot. Good. Nice and secure, hidden, but ready to be used if needed.

She started to go to find Kira, then paused, and looked back up the ramp. Karda had followed her, Kira, and Crystal back to the ship, but had stayed behind when Kira had bolted out. She sighed. He made her feel unworthy, but, well, he was a Jedi. Perhaps he knew that Kira was coming back to the ship soon. Otherwise, he would have gone with her, right?

She looked to either side of docking bay. There was no one in sight. She knew Brax would contact her again, and when he did, she would agree to let him train her. In secret, though. He had already killed Revan. It wouldn’t be much of a stretch for him to kill anyone else if they threatened him. And she didn’t want any more Jedi deaths on her conscience.

After a moment of indecision, Jasra returned to the ship. She hoisted herself up to sit on the workbench, and waited with Karda for Kira to return.

ForceFightWMe12
02-05-2006, 03:45 PM
"But she's free, right?" Atton asked.
"That's perfect!" Disciple said, "She can be our arbiter! She knows what happened, and she'd be able to find a way to prove it!"

~*~*~

Kira and Crystal arrived at the Hawk, and the Exile stormed up the loading ramp. "That thing is going to pay." she murmured, "Revan was my Master, General, and trusted friend. For that bastard to have killed him in such a dishonorable way...for that bastard to have slaughtered him like that..."

The Doctor
02-05-2006, 04:10 PM
*Speaking of arbiters,* said the Doctor, turning to Tegan and Nyssa. *You two know nothing of Selkath law. I will act as your arbiter. If I cannot, then i will ask Kira to do it.*

ForceFightWMe12
02-05-2006, 04:30 PM
"Revan had been in this situation twice before," Disciple said softly, "If only he were able to get us out of it."

Writer
02-05-2006, 04:37 PM
"This being your ship, I think it'll be searched to find you," Crystal said calmly. "If we want to find the shard before we're found, we have to get around them somehow..."

She frowned thoughtfully for several seconds and then snapped her fingers and grinned.

"Know of any places that have submersibles?" she asked. "If you do, give me a map and I can get us in."

ForceFightWMe12
02-05-2006, 04:48 PM
"There is one place that I know of...the Republic embassy, in the west side of Ahto. As far as I know, they still harbor subs for transport between Ahto and the seafloor research station. Here," the Exile pulled out her datapad, and accessed the data needed, then handed it to Crystal, "Will that do?"

Writer
02-05-2006, 05:18 PM
Crystal nodded and turned to face Kira.

"Are you desparate enough that you won't object to stealing one?" she asked. "And then breaking your crew out of jail in the same way I intend to get us in there?"

ForceFightWMe12
02-05-2006, 05:22 PM
"Please," Kira said cockily, "After all I've been through, I'm ready to do whatever it takes, and accept whatever comes of it."

Writer
02-05-2006, 05:47 PM
"Then you'll have to accept the fact that I'm coming with you," Crystal said. "Otherwise, there's no way you can get past all the Selkath looking for us."

She stared at Kira and her next words came out sounding almost like a challenge. "Hold on to me."

ForceFightWMe12
02-05-2006, 05:55 PM
Kira looked undecidedly at Crystal, sensing the challenge in her voice.
I can't go with her! This is my responsibility!
But if I don't, I won't be able to retrieve the Shard and my friends will rot in Selkath prision!
Forget the weaklings you call friends! They have done little to help you, and more to harm you! They've made you weaker by exposing your feelings, appealing to your weaknesses, and draging you into trouble. You cannot trust them, and what use are 'friends' that you cannot trust?
"I..."
Screw it.
"Let's go." Kira said, and put a hand on Crystal's shoulder.

Writer
02-05-2006, 06:01 PM
Crystal closed her eyes in concentration. "This should work, she murmured."

The Ebon Hawk began to fade around them and was gradually replaced by the room in which the submersibles of the Republic embassy were kept. When the room was completely solid, Crystal took a deep breath and nodded to one of the submersibles.

"Let's go," she said. Then, there were shouts behind them. Republic soldiers had seen them. "In a hurry would be good."

ForceFightWMe12
02-05-2006, 06:07 PM
"Um, yeah." Kira said, seeing the men in the orange and gold armor of the Republic running towards them.
She quickly ran to one of the floating, black vehicles, its hatch already open. She dashed across its steel surface, jumping into the seat. She was quickly followed by Crystal, and the hatch closed.
"Well, this will be fun." she murmured, and warmed up the engines, allowing the sub to descend beneath the lapping waves, ignoring the yells of the Republic soldiers.

Writer
02-05-2006, 06:11 PM
"I can hear their thoughts," Crystal laughed. "They're wondering how the hell we got in and what we want with their submersible... and they're damn freaked about our sudden appearance. Not something you see everyday, you know... two women just appearing out of thin air and taking your submersible?"

She laughed. "They'll have something to talk about for weeks on end!"

ForceFightWMe12
02-05-2006, 06:16 PM
Kira gave a half-smile.
"Glad to know that I'll be the subject of Republic gossip. Again."
The submersible carved through the water, its headlights peircing the swirling blackness. She ignored the navigational tools. The Shard was all the direction she needed. It was calling to her, and she could sense it. By following its power, she would be able to locate and pinpoint the position of it.

Writer
02-05-2006, 06:20 PM
Crystal gave a little half laugh.

"Interesting, isn't it?" she said quietly. "How the two people who probably shouldn't be touching this shard are the ones most likely to do so?"

She sighed. "I hope you brought gloves, Kira... we really shouldn't touch it if at all possible. If necessary, I'll simply carry it out telekinetically, but we shouldn't allow our skin to touch it if possible."

ForceFightWMe12
02-05-2006, 06:26 PM
Kira's expression hardened, her sparkling eyes becoming dark. "I...The Shard scares me." she admited quietly, "I fear that once we get there, I won't be able to resist its impulse, its call. I fear...I fear it will control me again." she cast a glance to Crystal, "And if it does, I beg of you not to interfere. Don't try and take the Shard from me. If you do...I don't know if I'll be able to stop myself from attacking and...perhaps even killing you. And I don't want to have to live with that."

Writer
02-05-2006, 06:35 PM
"If it will help you, I can keep it out of your reach," Crystal said quietly. "And if necessary, I can prevent you from attacking me. Try to touch me now."

Kira's hand ran into an invisible barrier. "You will not harm me, even if you wanted to try."

ForceFightWMe12
02-05-2006, 06:39 PM
Kira fought with herself. She couldn't allow Crystal to take the shard...but was that out of fear for her friend, or out of her own greed?
"Perhaps...perhaps I should just take the Shard." she said quietly. She reached into a pouch on her belt, and pulled out a small, bottle-looking container. "I won't even need to touch it. I can just scoop it into here," she said removing its lid, "And that way, neither of us will have to come in contact with it."

Writer
02-05-2006, 06:42 PM
Crystal hesitated. "Alright," she said slowly. "That might work."

ForceFightWMe12
02-05-2006, 09:00 PM
"I hope it does," Kira said, as the sub dove deeper into the waves of Manaan.

JasraLantill
02-05-2006, 11:33 PM
Jasra had heard Kira and Crystal talking on the ramp, but after a few moments, they went silent. Frowning, she hopped down from the table and went to investigate.

Strange, they weren't on the ramp. She did a quick check of the ship. Bao-Dur in engineering. Karda in the main hold. But no Kira and no Crystal.

"Karda?" she asked, since he was the only one there. "Did you hear Kira's voice a minute ago? Where did she go?"

Before Karda could answer, a Selkath official called to them from the ramp.

In a few moments, Karda and Jasra were being led to the Selkath courts.

Jasra was called inside first, but after a few minutes, she was sent outside.

"Mind trick all except Duula and Kota, and you'll be fine," she whispered to Karda in passing, as he was led inside to face the Selkath Judges.

RobQel-Droma
02-06-2006, 12:52 AM
Karda, rather suprised, grinned and went in to meet the judges.

Dylan Klay
02-06-2006, 04:47 AM
"so I noticed," he remarked about the Force fields. "Well, ya'll got any better ideas? I don't much have faith in this planet's legal system"

3yks
02-06-2006, 05:43 AM
Brax, had figured that manaan's police forces were ... semi-intelligent. Boy was he wrong, he had papers and all saying he had landed AFTER the killing had happened, had infact showed them to the guards who arrested him. He wanted ot just kill them, but ... decided to play along for now. He did manage to keep his gauntlet's though. Since the guards somehow didn't notice them. And so, Brax, handcuffed, was led into the prison, where Atton, Disciple, Teagan, Nyssa, The Doctor, and a number of others were all being held. He smiled at them, winked at the Doctor, and sat down in his cell.

(This should be amusing :P)

The Doctor
02-06-2006, 08:54 AM
*You*! yelled the Doctor! *Officers! That's him! The Omwati!*
"You killed Revan!" yelled Tegan. "Why?"

JasraLantill
02-06-2006, 10:42 AM
One of the Selkath guards approached the Doctor’s cell and slammed his Force Pike against the security field, causing it to spark wildly. “Be silent!” he hissed. “You will have your time in court.”

“How do you know this is the same Omwati that murdered the deceased?” asked another. “It is recorded that you did not personally witness the crime!”

~~~~~~~~~~~

Jasra had managed to convince the Selkath Judges, (well, three out of the five, and that’s all she had needed) that while it was true she had been on the ship with Revan, she hadn’t seen him leave the ship and she had been in the cantina when he was killed. With a little persuasive mind trick and the timestamp on her betting slip, she had even managed to ‘prove’ it to them.

Even though she guessed Karda wouldn’t be long, he might be in there long enough for her to swing by the cantina to collect her winnings. But as she headed across the atrium, she couldn’t help notice a commotion going on around the corner. Curious, she walked toward it and found herself just outside the holding cells where a few agitated Selkath guards were trying to settle down some equally agitated prisoners. As she peered in through the open doorway, her eyes widened.

Brax! And the Doctor, Tegan, & Nyssa, and some other unsavoury looking blonde character, and Atton and the Disciple, were all locked in Force cages, arguing with the Selkath….

Wait a minute… Her eyes rolled back to the stranger. She scowled, and wrinkled her nose. His Force signature was unmistakable. Oh, no! Not another one! First the Jedi send me away, then disappear and abandon me, and now they are seeping out of every crack in the Galaxy big enough for a yelt rat! She rolled her eyes. Unbelievable.

She left the corridor and found herself a quiet place just outside the entrance to the courts by the atrium fountains where she could sit and think while she waited for Karda, as it was very likely he, too, could finagle his way out of detention. Her head began to hurt. What if he didn’t? Kira and Crystal were missing, and the rest of the crew, and Brax, were all in Selkath custody. And now there was this other Jedi on the scene, and he, too, was incarcerated. Things were not looking good.

And what was worse, is that even though she knew in her heart that Brax had killed Revan, she wanted to help Brax escape. How could he train her when he was locked up? But she couldn’t help him. Not now. Not with the others watching.

She knew that the accused would all be assigned arbiters. The Selkath Judges had told her as much when she had been brought before them. But who was she to ask the courts to be assigned to represent her companions as such? She was a mercenary, a dancer, a courier for disreputable merchants and thugs. She knew nothing of Selkath law or diplomacy. And she was no Jedi. Only a misguided, padawan learner with no Master and no faith in the Order. What could she possibly do to help them?

RobQel-Droma
02-06-2006, 12:20 PM
After successfully persuading the judges, (and having a bit of fun doing it), Karda walked out rather in a good mood. But as he came out of the room, something attracted his attention, and he felt through the force into the nearby room.

That creature was there, the Omwati... The beast who had murdered one of the greatest Jedi ever to walk the galaxy... And the Doctor, probably with one of his assistants... Then... another force-sensitive? And Atton and the Disciple.

Not really wanting to get in the middle of the conversation, or be near the Omwati, he walked around the courtyard waiting for them and keeping an eye - or rather his mind - on them. He spotted Jasra, who seemed a bit distressed, and went over to join her. "Are you alright?"

JasraLantill
02-06-2006, 01:28 PM
”Are you alright?” Karda asked Jasra, as he sat down beside her.

Jasra was relieved that he had escaped being thrown into a cell with the others, but sitting this close to him, being bombarded with the resonance of his lightside Force Aura, was bringing back painful memories of Master Kelva and Jasra’s subsequent feelings of abandonment by the Order. Suddenly, she felt ashamed of some of the very un-Jedi like behaviour and decisions she had made, and that feeling was making it difficult for her to hide her thoughts, control her emotions, and think logically.

“No,” she blurted, keeping her eyes focused on the ripples in the fountain. They abruptly reminded her of the ripples she remembered from the Room of the Thousand Fountains in the Jedi Temple. Another painful memory.

“Revan is dead. Kira and Crystal are missing. The shard is still out there. Everyone else is locked up in the Selkath holding cells. Except you.” She glanced at him, then turned her eyes back to the water. “And you’re a… you’re a Jedi. I can’t trust you. Yet, you’re the only one here.” She paused. “So, no, I’m not alright. I'm confused and I don't know what I should do.”

RobQel-Droma
02-06-2006, 04:05 PM
"I know how you're feeling. I feel the same way. But you have to trust me." He said. "I'm the only one here, like you said. And if you don't trust me, then we will always be watching each other for betrayal."

Karda pused for a moment. "If you don't mind me asking... Why don't you trust the Jedi."

JasraLantill
02-06-2006, 04:24 PM
"Because Jedi lie," she said bitterly. "They say one thing, and do another. They give hope, and then take it away. They promise to protect, and then they abandon. Who can trust someone like that?"

RobQel-Droma
02-06-2006, 06:22 PM
"The Jedi do not lie - they protect, and they do give hope. The darkest times in the galaxy have been given hope by the Jedi Order. Why do you believe this?"

JasraLantill
02-06-2006, 07:26 PM
Jasra frowned. "They didn't give any hope to me in my darkest time," she said quietly. She shifted uncomfortably, slightly turning her back to Karda. "They didn't protect me. Or Kelva. They sent us away. They sent all of us away. They used us as bait to protect themselves from the Sith." She paused for a moment. "And then they disappeared," she said distantly. "They said they'd come back for us, but they lied. They never did. They just...left. Empty places. Quiet corridors. Silent fountains. They just left. So, I left them."

3yks
02-06-2006, 08:20 PM
Brax smirked faintly at the Doctor. "What's an Omwati? Sir? Officer sI have no idea what this man is talkinga bout. Omwati? Have you ever heard of such a race? I'm a chiss." He did look a bit like a chiss ... just thinner, lither and his eyes were off in coloring. But what the hell did a selkath know about Omwati OR Chiss for that matter.

"Sir, your accusations are unfounded, as the Judges will see as soon as I enter the chamber. I have my documents stating that I was not even ON this planet when the supposed murder took place. I only just arrived a few minutes prior to my arrest."

He nodded slowly, and winked at the Doctor. "And if who was murdered, was infact, Revan, then there is no way I could have killed him. I am but a humble merchant, I know nothing of combat." The doctor could see those glowing red claws on the ends of Brax's hands ... nothing of combat? The man moved like a predatory cat, but the Selkath were nodding. And after the doctor had a few moments to speak, they were taking Brax off to see the Judges.

RobQel-Droma
02-07-2006, 12:12 AM
"You are Kelva's padawan, aren't you." Karda replied. "But the Jedi didn't abandon you. They were being slaughtered by the Sith, they sent you away for your safety. And if you had not left them, and not kept your force-sensitivity a secret, they would have taken you back."

JasraLantill
02-07-2006, 04:06 PM
“Liar!” Jasra snapped at Karda, because in her mind there was no way what he was saying could possibly be true. “They could’ve found me if they had wanted to!” she protested. “They found the Exile, didn’t they? And she didn’t even want to be found. I did! Yes, I hid. If I wanted to live, I had to. There was no other choice! And I stayed on Berrat III for weeks, no months after …!” She choked up, feeling both angry and sad at the same time at the memory of her master’s brutal death. “Yes, I was Kelva’s Padawan. And I should have died with her on Berrat III. But I didn’t. I lived. And still no one ever came looking for me. Not ever! So I begged, I stole, I did anything I could, and lots more that I shouldn’t have, just to survive, just to get back to the Jedi Temple at Coruscant. Because I still had just a little bit of hope that if the Jedi couldn’t find me, then I would find them and everything would be alright. And you know what I found when I got there? Nothing. No one. Not even a working droid with a holovid message! Nothing but empty corridors and burned out data terminals and broken holocrons. Even the Room of a Thousand Fountains was stagnant and dead! There was not even a hint that any Jedi ever existed there, let alone that any would be trying to find a stupid, half-starved, ill-trained Padawan learner who couldn’t even save her own …!”

Jasra stopped abruptly and rose, arms crossed over her chest, and jaw set. Her emotions were running wild and she struggled to keep them in bounds. “I don’t want to talk about this anymore,” she said to Karda. “Right now, we need to find Kira.” She turned to him. “And if that means working with you, then fine. I’ll listen to you. I’ll do what you want. Mainly because I don’t know what else to do. But I won’t trust you. And if you’re smart, you won’t trust me either.”

She paused, staring at Karda with implacable eyes. “So, Jedi, what do you suggest we do then?”

RobQel-Droma
02-07-2006, 04:41 PM
"I would suggest we go after Kira and Crystal. I think they headed to a Republic base, although I am not sure." Karda didn't move, however. "But before we go, one thing. The Jedi did not leave you on your own." He paused.

"There were no Jedi left. You would have died if you had been with them. And the moment you abandoned them, the moment you left and hid your force-sensitivity, they could not have found you. When the Jedi Order was reestablished, they went looking for Jedi that were still alive. They might have found you."

JasraLantill
02-07-2006, 05:12 PM
Jasra's brow wrinkled. Was Karda saying that he had been a Padawan, too? That he had been sent away at the same time she and her Master had been?

"But you're... you couldn't have been... I mean, you're a lot older than...." She stopped, and took a breath. "You had to have been at least 20 when they sent all the Padawans away. Surely you had completed your trials before then?"

RobQel-Droma
02-07-2006, 06:02 PM
"No, I hadn't." Karda said slowly. "I was too brash and emotion-filled for a long time, even through the Jedi Purge. I almost came close to the dark side, in fact. But after the Jedi found me, I was knighted."

JasraLantill
02-07-2006, 07:03 PM
Jasra let out a snort of disbelief. Karda had been one of the Padawans sent away? She wondered if this was some sort of a trick to get her to trust him. Her eyes narrowed as she considered for a moment. She didn't sense that he was lying, but...

"Okay, so maybe we have something in common," she reluctantly conceded. "But that still doesn't mean I trust you." She considered him more carefully. "You were nearly of age to take your trials when the Purge came. Even without a Master at your side, you still had enough skills and knowledge to keep to the Light. Unlike me. I still had a lot to learn then. And I still do now." She turned and began to walk towards the Republic base. "Although I think it's too late for me to learn anything from the Jedi. They wouldn't want me back. Not after what I've...." She paused, and turned to him. "Well? Are you coming with me to the Republic base or not?"

RobQel-Droma
02-07-2006, 08:49 PM
"I'm coming, don't rush." Karda walked over beside Jasra and they headed over to base. "The Jedi would, or at least some would. Even though you were only a padawan, Kelva must have taught you this philosophy: Nobody is without hope of Redemption, no matter what they have done. The Jedi wouldn't reject you if you came willingly. Just like they didn't reject Yuthura Bann, or Revan."

JasraLantill
02-08-2006, 03:53 PM
Jasra didn’t respond to Karda right away, as her thoughts began to waver between the Jedi on one hand and Brax and his offer to teach her on the other.

She felt guilt for some of the things she had done in the past, and redemption would take that guilt away. But Brax seemed willing to teach her without any redemption on her part. He accepted her the way she was now.

Master Kelva had been wise, kind, and gentle. Brax was cunning, intimidating, and powerful.

Brax had said her emotions were necessary. The Jedi frowned upon strong emotions—emotions that through lack of practice, she had difficulty suppressing now.

Both options had their good points, and their bad points. Balance…Brax had spoke of balance. Was it truly the way, or was it a temptation to be avoided? She couldn’t decide.

“Perhaps the Jedi Order might be willing to take me back,” she finally said to Karda, just as the entrance to the Republic base came into view. “But I’m not certain if I’m willing to return. Or trust them yet.” She paused. “And who’s Yuthura Bann, anyway?”*

*((OOC: Jasra was trained at the Jedi Temple at Coruscant, not at the enclave on Dantooine. She would have only been about 7 yrs old at the time Yuthura returned to Dantooine before its destruction by Malak. Of course, she would have heard tales of Revan, as he was a legend in his own time, but Yuthura would be less well known.))

ForceFightWMe12
02-08-2006, 05:42 PM
Kira wavered at the helm of the sub, its sides rocking precariously as she nearly passed out. New images were coming, more impulses...The Shard...
"The Shard's calling me again," she murmured, peering out through half-focused eyes.
Flashes of an undersea compound, machinery humming and blowing out thousands of bubbles of exhaust...then a path...a brigde...and an ancient device...Star Map...
On instinct, Kira veered to the right, then gunned the ship forward. "It's here somewhere..."
Sure enough, in moments, the Republic research station on the edge of the Harakart Rift came into view. "Bingo."

Dylan Klay
02-08-2006, 05:57 PM
OOC: Afraid my job's keeping me away from keeping up with the amount of posts...I'm sorry. I hearby drop from the RP :( I think you all are magnificent story tellers, hopefully I can RP with you all again, but my work's keeping me away.

arvik
02-08-2006, 06:08 PM
can i join? I'm sorry if this is a waste of post

ForceFightWMe12
02-08-2006, 06:24 PM
((OOC: I'm not sure...DarthSion hasn't been paying much attention to this thread :xp: or else I would tell you to ask him...))

Writer
02-08-2006, 06:30 PM
Crystal nodded. "The nearer we come, the weaker I feel," she murmured. "I... I think it would kill me to touch it in any way."

With that, she pulled her 'thought bubble' in so it only surrounded her. It made her feel a little better, but she still wasn't sure she'd be able to be of much help.

ForceFightWMe12
02-08-2006, 07:09 PM
Back in control again, Kira slowed the vehicle as she came in to dock. Once they were secure in the docking bay, the Exile took a deep breath.
"Something tells me that our welcome is going to be a bit more interesting than I thought..." she murmured.

The Doctor
02-08-2006, 07:29 PM
The Doctor ignored Brax. He fell over, Nyssa and Tegan barely catching him in time.
"Doctor, what's wrong?"
*I... I'm not sure...* he said. *I feel... weak, suddenly...* he gasped in pain. *It's Crystal.* he said after a moment. *I can sense her... she's growing weak... she's in danger...* he was silent for a moment. *Oh... bloody hell...*
"What is it?" asked Tegan.
*She and... Kira. They've gone after the shard.*

3yks
02-08-2006, 08:03 PM
Brax was led out of the chamber, and into the court. He stood there watching the Judges, and just showed them his paperwork. There was some grumbeling about the doctor's saying he was an omwati, but brax assured them that he didn't even know what an Omwati was. And that infact, as The Doctor was the prime suspect in the case, and wasn't even willing to give his true name. Wasn't that a bit off?

And so Brax was released, they led him back to get his possesions, and he waved to the others in the cells. And took his things, linking his datapad up right he found out where Jsra was, grumbled to himself that the Jedi was with her, and went off to keep tabs on her.

ForceFightWMe12
02-08-2006, 08:26 PM
"She's done WHAT???" Atton shouted, still nursing his hand.
"Where are they?" Disciple asked, slightly calmer. His clear, blue eyes reflected his worry all too clearly.

The Doctor
02-08-2006, 08:43 PM
*I can't be sure...* said the Doctor, recovering, ignoring Brax as he returned to collect his things. *I can't sense Crystals thoughts, per se... more like her emotions...* he shook his head.
"Well then what is she feeling?" asked Nyssa.
*Fear, mostly. Of what, I cannot be certain. She's weakening, as well. I can feel it. They're close to the Shard - I'm sure of it.*

JasraLantill
02-08-2006, 09:07 PM
Just before entering the Republic base, Jasra paused. "Erm...Karda? Maybe you better ask if they've seen Kira," she said hesitantly. "I'm not on too good of terms with the Republic at the moment." She turned to Karda, feeling his eyes upon her. "And, before you even say it, yes, I know I said I was on the Republic ship Moon Shadow when I first contacted you. But I never said I was with the Republic. Only that the ship was," she added quietly, looking sheepishly down at the ground.

RobQel-Droma
02-08-2006, 11:30 PM
"Yeah, I probably should. And Yuthura was a Sith Master who was turned back to the light side by Revan, and was welcomed back to Dantooine." Karda went into the base and headed toward the Republic leader.

JasraLantill
02-09-2006, 10:19 PM
Jasra scowled at Karda as they were leaving the Republic base on Manaan. “Okay, was it really necessary to refer to me as your ‘Padawan’ in front of Ambassador Wann?” Jasra complained to Karda as they were leaving the base. “I mean, I know I said I wasn’t on good terms with the Republic, and, yes, it definitely lessened their suspicion of me thinking I was a Jedi like you, but… ‘Padawan?’” She snorted. “Couldn’t you have thought of something better? Like companion? Or scout? Or…I don’t know… anything but ‘Padawan’?”

Karda just grinned with amusement.

“Oh. Ha ha. Very funny,” she said dryly. “Just… just don’t do that again. It… it makes me feel…, well,… uncomfortable.” She sighed. “So… we know that two strange women, which we can safely assume were Kira and Crystal, suddenly appeared in the sub bay and stole one of the submersibles. And we know that they were last tracked on route to the research station near the Hrakert Rift, and that something down there is causing the Republic’s tracking systems to fail, which we can also assume has something to do with the shard. But since Ambassador Wann doesn’t want to risk the loss of another submersible, we can’t go down there to find them.” She frowned slightly. “But…maybe the Doctor’s blue box can. I think we should pay him a visit in jail. See if he has any ideas on how to get them released.”

Writer
02-09-2006, 10:23 PM
"Kira..." Crystal said faintly. "I... I don't think it'll be wise for me to get out of the submersible here... the closer we get... to the shard, the worse I feel."

She let her head fall back against the seat, breathing heavily. "Do you... do you think you'll be... able to... resist touching the... shard? On your own?"

The Doctor
02-09-2006, 10:43 PM
((JasraLanitll has given me permission to control Jasra a bit. So if she says anything in my post, don't go crazy on me :p))

The Doctor gasped for air. *They are... getting closer. Crystal is not able to... prevent herself from... oh, what's the word... transmitting. She's weak. very weak. If we could get to the TARDIS, we could help them, but... as it is..."
At that moment, four Selkath walked in flanking none other than Jasra and Karda.
"Jasra!" said Tegan. "I never thought I'd be happy to see you."
"Yeah, well, don't make it a habit." she said. "Doctor," she whispered. "We think that Kira and Crystal have gone down to the Hrakert Rift to-"
*Yes, I agree. I can feel Crystal growing weaker as she approaches the shard,* said the Doctor quietly. *If we could get to the TARDIS, we could help them, but... there isn't much I can do to pilot her from here.*
"Maybe we can get you out of here." she suggested. "The Cantina keeps security recordings. We could get a copy of them. That would prove your alibi."
*Yes, but unfortunately, that would leave Atton and Disciple here. They weren't in the Cantina at the time.*
"We can come back for them in the TARDIS," said Nyssa. "I don't think they'll be going anywhere."
"Sounds like a plan to me," said Jasra. "How about it, Doc?"
*Yes, I suppose that will have to do,* said the Doctor. *Alright, if you go retrieve the tape, we can get out of here and get to Kira and Crystal.*
"Alright. We'll be back," she said.

ForceFightWMe12
02-10-2006, 04:23 PM
"I can try." Kira said quietly. With that, she popped the seals of the cockpit's 'bubble', and climbed out.
"Halt!"
The Exile rolled her eyes. Here we go.
A Republic soldier approached her, his blaster ready in his arms. "Who are you?"
Think on your toes, Kira. "I'm a Jedi." she said simply. Great alias, very inventive.
"And what would your buisness be here? The Embassy at Ahto never sent us a message declaring the arrival of a Jedi."
"Er...yes. I'm...I'm a historian. I've come to Manaan in search of the Star Map, the same one Revan found. It's for a document I'm working on, and its unofficial. Therefore, you would have recieved no word."
The guard looked at her suspiciously, but she held his gaze confidently. She waved her hand slightly, and said, "You'll let me through, won't you?"
"Yeah, I guess you check out. Go on through."
"Thank you."
She stepped through the door, every moment feeling more and more strength and confidence as she drew closer to the Shard.
After drawing looks from several scientists and soldiers, she finally reached the far end of the complex, and a set of airlocks. 'Borrowing' an enviornmental suit, she quickly slid it on, undid the lock, and stepped out onto the Manaan sea floor.

~*~*~

"Leave us here." Atton said quickly, "Whatever it takes to get to Kira faster."
As Karda and Jasra left to retrieve the tapes, the Scoundrel punched the wall. "She so stupid sometimes..."

JasraLantill
02-10-2006, 09:20 PM
Jasra walked quietly with Karda from the jail to the Swoop Cantina. She really wasn’t sure what to make of him, now that she knew a bit more about his background. He was obviously a servant of the Light now—the feeling she got from his Force Aura told her that much. But she wondered what he had meant when he had mentioned that he had ‘almost’ fell to the Dark Side. Perhaps she would ask him about that later.

And she was also thinking about Brax. She hadn’t seen him in the jail, and the Doctor hadn’t mentioned him. Had he been released? If so, then where was he? Her mind was so cluttered with all that had been happening that it was hard for her to detect if he was nearby or not. She wanted to meet with him, but so far, she had not been alone for long enough to have the opportunity. But she had a feeling that she was going to need some instruction from him soon if she wanted to be of any help to Kira and Crystal if, rather when, they found the shard. Perhaps she could find a way to distract Karda at the Cantina.

And there was something else that was bothering her. Togo had mentioned 'others' that were interested in acquiring the completed Gayat crystal? Was Brax one of them? Or was there someone else? Someone decidedly…darker. After all, there were still Sith out there. A powerful crystal like this ‘Key to the Galaxy’ would no doubt be a very tempting possession for a Sith Master. Even more tempting, for a Sith Lord.

She shivered at the thought. No, she was definitely going to need Brax’s help. She gave a quick look at Karda. And if Karda offered any ‘combat tips’ she would listen to him, too. After all, Kira had taught her some things. So had Crystal. And she’d been told that Revan had had many Masters. There was no reason why she couldn’t have a few as well. Now if she could just find someway to meet with Brax alone….

Reaching the cantina entrance, Jasra suddenly remembered her swoop race ticket in her pocket.

“You know, Karda, you’re probably much better at mind control than I am,” she began. “And definitely better at diplomacy. I think you should be the one to ask the Selkath behind the bar about obtaining the security tapes for the Doctor. Besides, I need to check on the race results to see if Queedle won his second and third heats.” She waved the betting ticket in her hands. “I have a feeling that we might need the credits if we’re going to be travelling all over the Galaxy looking for shards.”

ForceFightWMe12
02-11-2006, 12:47 PM
The excess carbon dioxcide bubbled out of the processor at the back of her suit, creating a whirl of bubbles around Kira every few minutes. She moved her arms and legs, getting a feel for the suit.
I've always hated these things, she thought, flexing her arm, They're so restricting and clumsy.
After a moment, she began to tread across the sandy floor, faintly hearing the clack of metal against metal every few steps. She gazed around quickly, taking in her surroundings. On one side of her was the research station. On the other was a console and a great, large machine. That must have been the Kolto harvester.
She continued on, feeling the pulsating presence of the Shard. As she continued, the drive to have it was stronger and stronger. Before she knew it, the Exile was running across the bridge...to the small, excavated spot that housed the Star Map. This is it!!! This is it!!! Her eyes danced with excitement and anticipation as she reached for the Star Map, activating the ancient machine, and watching the map unfold and glow before her. But that wasn't what had interested her.
When the map opened, a bright light issued from the center of it. And, what would be in the light but...
"The Shard!" she said. She reached forward, carefully cupping the small sliver of amber in the bulky hand of the environmental suit. "Finally!"

RobQel-Droma
02-11-2006, 08:11 PM
"Er, yeah, maybe you're right." Karda said. He added quietly, "And just a note, if you lost, I can always persuade the race manager too." He headed over to the cantina manager, smiling.

Once at the bar, he ordered some kind of Selkath drink. "Hey, you." The bartender turned. "You don't happen to have some security video tapes from a little while ago that I could borrow, do you?"

The Selkath shook his head. "No, not for you." He said in his language, shaking his head. "Why do you want them?"

"Because a couple of friends of mine are in jail, suspected for murder. I, along with a few others, know the real person, but we can't exactly prove it right now. But those tapes will prove my friend's innocence." Karda showed a few credits. "I'll pay you for your time, of course."

Bad idea. The Selkath looked disgusted - at least that is what Karda could make of his expression - and turned away. Karda put his credits away. "You want to give me the tapes." The Selkath repeated, "I want to give you the tapes."

Karda left a few moments later with the tapes in hand.

JasraLantill
02-11-2006, 10:09 PM
While Karda was at the bar getting the security vids, Jasra slinked off to the swoop lounge in the back, to check her race ticket.

The lounge wasn't very full, just a few swoop jockeys and a couple of groupies. She went to one of the race terminals that was the furthest away from anyone, and inserted her ticket.

She raised her eyebrows, then grinned. Queedle had indeed won all three of his heats. She had won 400 credits. She inserted her datapad and transferred the credits to her account. At least now her balance was close to what it was before she took this nightmare job.

She looked around the room. No sign of Brax, but she knew he was close by. She went to check on Karda. The Selkath was giving him something. The security holovids, no doubt. She'd have to go with him. Getting to Kira & Crystal was the priority now. Brax would have to wait.

She rejoined Karda just outside the Cantina.

"That was impressive," she said to him, eyeing the vid discs in his hands. "You were almost quicker doing that than I was in checking my ticket." They headed back towards the holding cells. "Oh, and by the way, I won. Four hundred credits. Legit, too," she felt compelled to tell him. "Although, I don't know why I just felt I had to tell you that." She looked at him askance. "You're not messing with my head, are you?"

3yks
02-12-2006, 06:52 AM
Brax frowned, as Jasra met back up with Karda. He'd been moving across the bar to the swoop lounge to talk to her. But too late. He slipped back away intot he shadows. After a few moments he closed his eyes, and focused. Jasra The faintest whisper in her ears. Skip the arbitration, Karda can handle it. Meet me at Dock 9, Bay 3. Brax moved out of the tavern, heading for his ship.

JasraLantill
02-12-2006, 02:43 PM
“Jasra. Skip the arbitration, Karda can handle it. Meet me at Dock 9, Bay 3.

Jasra suddenly heard Brax’s voice in her head. She nonchalantly looked over her shoulder. There was no one there. But he was somewhere. Close. She needed to make up an excuse to tell Karda so she could be alone.

“Erm…Karda? Since you obviously are better at persuasion than I am, and it shouldn’t take two of us to present the evidence to the Selkath Judges, perhaps I should go back to the ship. You know, get things ready. Check that the Doctor’s TARDIS is still there and all.” She paused for a moment. “I can sense Crystal’s getting weaker, although she’s too far away for me to communicate with her,” she added, trying to strengthen her case. “But we have to hurry. If I can get some environmental suits and re-breathers ready while you’re taking care of the Doctor’s release, it’ll save time.”

Without waiting for ‘permission’ from Karda, she hurried off to the docking bays.

It was a good thing that Dock 9 was on the way to the Ebon Hawk. She’d meet with Brax, and hopefully would still have time to get things together for the rest of the group.

She took a deep breath as she approached the sleek, but small ship. It was similar to the larger one she had seen streak off during her first encounter with the Ebon Hawk. Unusual design, but lovely in its simplicity. Perfectly balanced between beauty and functionality. Obviously, Brax’s ship.

She suddenly felt a bit apprehensive. Nervous. She bit her lip and looked around. She could see no one, but she could feel his presence nearby. “Brax?” she called out softly.

3yks
02-12-2006, 03:13 PM
He just, apeared. He was standin by the ship, leaning against it infact. He awatched her a few moments, before he psuhed into a fully upright position. "Have you made up your mind?" He asked. Those strange, grey eyes glanced behind her, as if checking if Karda was right there, he was pretty sure she would let him train her.

"I have a gift for you." He pulled one hand from behind him, two gauntlets were there held in his hands. They were stealthier varients of what he wore. They were not as thick as his, and the claws looked more subtle ... "all Zedai use force gauntlet's. You saw what they can do, to a lightsaber, to flesh." He nodded lightly.

"My first leason will teach you how to cloud the minds of others, so that tey will see only your hands, this pair is designed to make that easier. Training gauntlets." he nodded, and waited for her to come take them.

JasraLantill
02-12-2006, 03:38 PM
Jasra slowly approached. She reached out for the gauntlets, then hesitated. She knew that once she accepted Brax's gift, there was no turning back.

"Before I accept your gift, I need to know one thing," she said to him. "Kira. And Crystal. And...." She paused for a moment of consideration before continuing. "And, the Jedi, Karda," she said slowly. "They're... they're my friends. And they'll need my help to find these...shards. They mustn't know that you're training me. Not yet anyway. Will you allow me to help them? Will you train me in secret?"

3yks
02-12-2006, 04:31 PM
He watched her for a few moments, then nodded. "I will train you in seceret," he continued to hold the gauntlets out. "But, I will not hesitate if they attack me. You know that I had valid reason to kill Revan, he murdered my people's greatest leader." He closed his eyes for a moment, "The others won't accept this though, even if they know the reason they will not accept it. Their minds are warped by the Jedi."

JasraLantill
02-12-2006, 05:00 PM
Jasra nodded. What Brax said was true. The others would never accept him as a friend or ally.

"Then I will do my best to conceal your presence from them," she said, reaching out and taking the gauntlets he offered. She put them on. They were soft and flexible on the inside. Tougher than durasteel on the outside. She flexed her hand, then grinned.

"Thank you." She looked up at him, then bowed her head reverently. "Master."

3yks
02-12-2006, 06:01 PM
He frowned a bit, "I am not your master Jasra, I am your teacher. Leave all your jedi notions behind. We are equals with things to learn from each other. Not a master and an apprentice." He nodded to this. "You must get back to them soon, so let us begin." He turned and moved to where a few seats were off along one wall. And sat down.

"Sit." When she had he closed his eyes and reached out placing his gauntleted hands ontop of her own. "Close your eyes, and listen. Listen to the world around you, I know you know how to sense the force. So feel it, sense it flowing around you."

He waited, letting her listen for a little while, "Now focus on me, sense my force aura. Feel the way it feels, now feel it from inside." He sent out his own mind, showing her how he saw himself, it was the same, more or less. But then they changed rapidly. His internall feelings slid down, it felt faintly like .. .depression, but her sense of him, vanished. He just ... was gone.

JasraLantill
02-12-2006, 06:36 PM
Eyes still closed, Jasra's brow wrinkled. The feelings she was getting were...well, a bit confusing. It felt almost like how she hid her Force Sensitivity, but in reverse.

"Pushing the Force from the inside, out?" she queried him. "Is that how you make yourself invisible to the others?"

3yks
02-12-2006, 06:41 PM
He nodded. "More or less, it's making the force into a bubble of 'don't look at me' all around you. It will hide you from most anyone, even a force sensetive who is actively seeking will have a hard time penetrating it, because in a way you're cutting the force out of you."

"But it can be more refined, it's harder cuz part of how you're creating the bubble is by tapping into your emotions, which are harder to contorl than other things. But if you focus, you can make things disapear. Like your gauntlet's." He showed her how to do it, through their link ... his gunatlets disapeared, and for a few moments she saw nothign where his hands ought to be. "the problem of course being that if you're nto careful it looks a bit odd. So you have to be even more refined." And she felt him pull the bubble tight around the gauntlets themselves. And his hands apeared.

"Now try it."

JasraLantill
02-12-2006, 06:45 PM
She did. It was strange, at first, to push the Force out, instead of holding it in or letting it flow through her. But after a few tries, something 'clicked' inside her, and it became easier.

She opened her eyes. She could still see her gauntlets, but...

"Like that?" she asked hopefully.

3yks
02-12-2006, 06:48 PM
He nodded, "Like that." they were gone to him.

"You'll have to keep it up, it will be difficult at first, but people shouldn't be looking for you to be wearing them, which will make it easier," He watched her for a few moments, then stood up. "Go now, before Karda realizes you aren't at the Hawk."

JasraLantill
02-12-2006, 07:01 PM
Jasra nodded and smiled at him. "Thank you," she said to him, knowing that she'd have another opportunity for more training later.

She hurried off to the Hawk. She wished that she could have recalled Master Kelva's instruction on Force Enhanced Speed, but thankfully the distance to the Ebon Hawk's dock was not that far.

Scurrying up the ramp, she quickly gathered the supplies she needed--a couple of environmental suits, some re-breathers, and...an empty strongbox, something that might hold the shard without anyone having to actually touch the darn thing. She put these inside the Doctor's blue box he called the TARDIS.

Crystal was weakening. She could feel it more strongly than ever now. Perhaps because of Brax's lesson with the Force. She paused a bit, trying to maintain the illusion Brax had shown her how to do. It would take her a bit of effort before it became second nature.

She pushed the button on her comm link. "Karda?" she said. "I'm ready here. How are things on your end?"

ForceFightWMe12
02-12-2006, 07:13 PM
"Excuse me, miss." one of the Republic guards said, leveling his blaster, "But we have been contacted by the Embassy above. You are under arrest for breaking and entering, as well as theft. If you would please just hand over your weapons..."
Kira had returned to one of the side rooms of the complex, and, leaving the enviornmental suit on the ground, she had continued back to the sub until this guard had stopped her. The Shard was radiating power in pulses, her heart quickly synching to match its rythem.
"Miss, please lay down your weapons--"
The Republic guard stepped forward, reaching for Kira's left hand, which was closest to her saber, and also, coincidentally, held the Shard.
He's trying to take it from me!
Within seconds, the headless Republic soldier crumpled to the ground, her saber hovering above the body.
That bastard of a droid took the other piece of the Shikon No Tama from me. Now that I've found this one, I will NOT give it up!!

~*~*~

"She's in trouble!!" Disciple shouted, his eyes jumping open. "I felt it in my meditations! Kira's found the Shard...and it's taken control of her!"

The Doctor
02-12-2006, 11:06 PM
*Then Jasra and Karda better return shortly. Through her, the Shard has access to a power far more terrible than anything this galaxy has ever seen,* said the Doctor, standing and moving towards the cell barrier. *Come on, Jasra... where are you...?*

RobQel-Droma
02-14-2006, 12:30 AM
Karda hurried into the cell area and produced the evidence from the tapes. Within moments, the Selkath let the rest of their party go.

"Karda? I'm ready here. How are things on your end?"

"I just freed Atton, Disciple, and the rest. But I think Kira is in trouble. The shard has taken her over again, we need to get to her before she does anything serious." Karda replied.

The Doctor
02-14-2006, 05:31 PM
*Karda!* said the Doctor. *Yes, thank you,* he said, as the Slekath opened the cell door. *Right now, to the TARDIS.*

JasraLantill
02-14-2006, 06:59 PM
"I just freed Atton, Disciple, and the rest. But I think Kira is in trouble. The shard has taken her over again, we need to get to her before she does anything serious," Karda said."

Jasra could feel that Karda was right. Even from this far away, she, too, could feel a small ripple in the Force. Kira was changing, and not for the better. And, she could feel Crystal weakening even more. They both desperately needed their help.

"Understood," Jasra said into the comm. "Just get the Doctor back here fast."

The Doctor
02-14-2006, 07:18 PM
The Doctor ran past Karda, Tegan and Nyssa close behind them. He collected the sonic screwdriver, among other things, that had been confiscated when he was arressted, then headed back to the TARDIS.

The Doctor bolted up the ramp into the Ebon Hawk, and threw the door to the TARDIS open. He moved to the controls, barely acknowledging Jasra. He began flicking switches and pushing buttons. He moved quickly, calculating the coordinates.
*We must hurry,* he said, to nobody in particular. *The Time circuit has been damaged - we cannot go back in time to help, not even a few seconds. If anything should happen to them... I won't be able to help.*

JasraLantill
02-14-2006, 08:16 PM
Jasra dropped back near Karda and the Doctor's friends, giving the Doctor plenty of room to do whatever he needed to do to get them to where Kira was. The TARDIS was foreign technology, and she had no idea what he was doing.

She looked at Karda askance, trying to detect any hint of suspicions about her previous actions. His focus was on the Doctor, though, and she relaxed. She wanted to keep her training sessions with Brax a secret from everyone.

ForceFightWMe12
02-14-2006, 08:20 PM
"Lay down your weapon!!"
Kira looked up from the Republic corpse in her hand. She had strangled this one after he had charged her, weilding a vibroblade. Now, the whole room was filled with a troop of armed guards, the scientists all having been escorted out of 'harms' way. As she gazed at the lead man, his resolve wavered, and he stepped back.
"Her-her eyes!" she heard him gasp. Interested, Kira turned to one of the full-wall windows in the room, checking her reflection. Indeed, her eyes were slitted like a cat's and a deep amber.
"She's not normal..." another soldier replied, "She's not human!"
Kira could practically smell the fear radiating off of them, and she smiled a demonic, toothy grin, which sent the soldiers scudling back again. Her cainine teeth now resembled fangs, rather than actual teeth. She swirled her saberstaff, watching the crystaline blue dance around her. Slidding into a fighting stance, she practically hissed, "Who's first?"

The Doctor
02-14-2006, 08:56 PM
The Doctor pulled one last lever, and the engines kicked in - slowly. (http://www.dwwa.net/dr1/Child/pilottakeoff.wav)
*Oh, no, not know, anytime but now...*
The engine stopped, and was replaced by a deep, thronging bell. (http://www.dwwa.net/dr4/Logopolis/Cloistr.wav)
*Oh, bloody hell...* he muttered.
"Doctor, what is that?" asked Nyssa.
*The Cloister Bell,* said the Doctor darkly. *There's something wrong. Something very wrong.*
"You mean with the TARDIS?"
*No,* he answered, even more darkly. *With Kira. She's... she's in danger. Extreme danger. And I don't know what I can do about it.*

ForceFightWMe12
02-14-2006, 09:06 PM
Kira took a step towards them, he demonic eyes glowing, and the soldiers took another step back. She smiled evily, and one of the soldiers lost their footing, stumbling back and pulling the trigger of his blaster at the same time. Kira, hardly noticing it, wasn't able to deflect the bolt until it hit her in the shoulder. Her body bounced back from the impact, blood staining her robes, but she hardly even flinched from pain.
"Son of a BITCH!" she screamed, her eyes glowing ever brighter. She flashed into action, without a second thought. She jumped into the lines of waiting soldiers, flashing her saber left and right, casting Force Storm and Kill every few minutes. One by one each soldier fell victim to her rampage...

JasraLantill
02-14-2006, 09:07 PM
Jasra frowned worriedly at the Doctor. "What? You mean, you can't get us down to the Republic Research Station?!"

The Doctor
02-14-2006, 09:19 PM
*Oh, I can. But I don't know how long it will take to get the TARDIS into flight,* he said, the Cloister Bell continuing in the background. *Kira does not much time...* he began flicking more switches, and studied the readings. *This doesn'y make any sense!* he said. *It should be working!*
He pulled the lever again. The engines struggled to start, worked to a normal level, the began to whine again. The Doctor, frustrated, punched the console with the side of his fist.
The TARDIS sputtered for a second, then the column began moving again, and the engine sound returned to normal (http://www.dwwa.net/dr3/Claws/Takeoff.wav).
*Right,* said the Doctor. *We're off.*

JasraLantill
02-14-2006, 09:36 PM
Jasra let out a sigh of relief. She started to reach down to take her lightsabre out her boot, then frowned, and then tightened her grip on her Force Pike. She was more capable with it than the sabre, and plus it didn't injure someone as quickly as a lightsabre did. After all, she had no wish to kill Kira, only save her from the shard.

She flexed her 'invisible gauntlets', and readied herself.

There were some strange sounds from the TARDIS, and then...

"Are we there yet?" Jasra asked the Doctor.

The Doctor
02-14-2006, 09:41 PM
*My dear young lady please never ask that question again,* said the Doctor. *It's extremely irritating.*
The TARDIS' engines stopped, and the ship was silent. *Alright, let's go,* he said, pulling another lever. The door opened, and he exited the TARDIS.

JasraLantill
02-14-2006, 09:58 PM
Jasra was first out of the TARDIS.

"There's the submersible," she said, running towards it. Crystal sat inside, weak and barely conscious. "Doctor! She needs help!"

As the Doctor, Nyssa, and Tegan ran forward. Jasra felt something...odd through the Force. She turned quickly to the door leading to the inside of the research station, and nodded for Karda to follow her.

As she opened the door, she was met with a gruesome sight. A dead Republic soldier. It was obvious that he had met his death with a lightsabre.

"Kira..." she whispered. And she charged down the corridor leading deeper into the station.

The Doctor
02-14-2006, 10:08 PM
The Doctor ran over to Crystal, placing two fingers at her neck. *What little pulse she has is erratic...* He leaned over to listen to her breathing. *She's barely breathing... Nyssa, help me get her to the TARDIS.*
"Doctor, I'm going to go see if Jasra and Karda need help," said Tegan, making to follow them.
*No!* yelled the Doctor. *You will do no such thing. You will help Nyssa get Crystal to the TARDIS. Assist her in any way she asks.*
"Alright... what about you?"
*I must make sure non of them touch the Shard. It's too dangerous. I believe Jasra brought a strong box with her. I'll bring it with me...*
He lifted Crystal by the arm, Nyssa grabbing her by the other, together, they carried her into the TARDIS corridors. Tegan opened a door for them, and the lay her on a bed, surrounded by a bunch of vials and beakers. He made sure that Nyssa had everything under control, then dashed into the console room, picking up the strong box as he went.

RobQel-Droma
02-14-2006, 11:04 PM
Karda used the Force to heighten his speed, until he was literally flying down the corridor ahead of Jasra. The farther he went, the more dead Republic soldiers he saw. He could hear screams and shouts just ahead. Oh no.... He jumped the last bit and sliced through the door with his lightsaber, rushing inside to a scene of carnage. "Kira!" Karda called.

JasraLantill
02-15-2006, 07:21 AM
Lagging slightly behind Karda, Jasra was horrified at the sight of the dead soldiers, but more so in the manner of their demise rather than their numbers. It reminded her of the carnage she and her old master had witnessed in the village on Baratt III, just before Master Kelva had met her own demise.

"Hurry, Doctor!" Jasra called urgently over her shoulder while continuing to run up the corridor following Karda. She could hear the screams of terror, and then the sound of lightsaber slicing metal.

Finally catching up to Karda, she drew in a breath of utter shock. Karda stood in the doorway, the door still smoking where his lightsabre had sliced through it, his lightsabre held ready in a form stance that Jasra had never witnessed. But in front of Karda, standing in the middle of the room, standing over a dying soldier, wielding a glowing lightsabre, was...

"Kira?"

RobQel-Droma
02-15-2006, 12:05 PM
Kira... What have you done? Karda slowly stepped into the room, staring at the multitude of dead soldiers laying on the ground. And standing in front of him, flourishing her lightsaber, was.... But it wasn't Kira. Her now amber eyes looked like a cat's, and her teeth - or rather her fangs. "Kira, it's me, Karda." He lowered his lightsaber, afraid of what Kira would do now.

The Doctor
02-15-2006, 05:43 PM
The Doctor entered the room, and saw Kira standing there, surrounded by the bodies of dead soldiers. She looked at him upon his entry, and their eyes locked. The Doctor almost collapsed in terror, trying to get away from her - he had seen eyes like that before. He backed away on his knees, his eyes wide.
*The Black Guardian...* he whispered in horror.

ForceFightWMe12
02-15-2006, 06:07 PM
The not-so-normal Kira turned as she heard a saber slicing through metal to see a Knight standing there, his saber ignited. Moments later, a woman and an older man (who collapsed in fright upon seeing her) entered as well. These were just like those soldiers. Petrified.
"Kira, it's me, Karda." the Jedi said, lowering his saber.
Kill him.
Kira's demonic features split into a terrifying grin, her eyes flashing with bloodlust. She slid into a fighting stance, her saber at the ready. "Tell me, Knight, do you wish to do battle?" she asked, her voice slightly deeper than usual. She chuckled, and instead of awaiting an answer, flourished her glowing blades and charged.
"Kira! NO!"
Her eyes growing wide, Kira felt her feet leave the ground as a wave of invisable force knocked her back. With a quick movement, she flipped upside down, and used the momentum to land easily on her feet a yard or so away. Now, rather than just the three original intruders, there were five. A man with black hair, dressed in street rat clothing, and a man with blonde hair, dressed in a strange style of jedi robes, had now appeared.
"Kira..." the blonde-haired one breathed, "What's happened to you?"
Pushing him out of the way, the dark-haired man came forward, "Kira! It's me, Atton. You have to remember me." he was frantic. She could smell it.
Kira laughed again, spinning her saber casually.
"Which one of you should I kill first?" she asked, as if it were an every day matter. She scanned them each in turn, as if trying to decide. "You." she said, eyeing the woman. "You're one of the first women I've seen all day. You'll be first."
And with that, Kira slid into a fighting stance, and charged once again.
She laughed heartlessly, her saber raised...
There was the sound of a blaster firing from behind her, and she stopped, lurching forward. Her eyes widened in surprise, as she wheeled around to find a soldier, one leg missing, propped up on the groud, a sparking blaster in his hands. She growled, her saber ready for a quick and easy strike across his shoulders. "Bastar-"
"Kira, don't!" Atton shouted, and he ran at her. Before the Exile had a chance to turn around and face him, the Scoundrel had crashed into her, and locked his arms around hers. By chance, the Shard was also knocked from her hand, and bounced across the steel floor, each sharp ring it created as it hit the floor amplified a hundred times, until it stopped at Jasra's feet.
Its power now lost to her, Kira collapsed. She feebly reached for the Shard, but her strength gave out and the Exile's head lolled to the side...where she caught her first glance of the carnage and death she had created. She gasped, tears coming to her eyes. "What have I done?" she whispered as she tried to move, however, she collapsed unconcious as pain from her wounds recocheted through her body.
"Someone help her!" Atton shouted, looking with worry on the face of the woman he loved.

The Doctor
02-15-2006, 06:16 PM
The Doctor heard Atton cry for help, but he couldn't move. Those eyes... the Black Guardian... it couldn't be... Kira couldn't be...
He slowly stood. *Atton, step away from Kira,* he said. *She's him, she's under his control. The Black Guardian. GET AWAY FROM HER!*

ForceFightWMe12
02-15-2006, 06:41 PM
"What the hell are you talking about?" Atton shouted, "The Shard's lost its control over her; she's back to normal! She needs medical help, it looks like she's taken two blaster wounds!"

JasraLantill
02-15-2006, 06:43 PM
Jasra stared at the amber shard, sparkling at her feet. For a moment, she just stared at it, seemingly unaware of the struggle going on between Atton and Kira, then Kira's collapse.

With everyone's attention on Kira, Jasra bent down...

She could feel its power radiating from within. She stretched out her hand, still wearing the 'invisible' gauntlets Brax had given her, and picked it up.

She raised an eyebrow. She could feel its tug, urging her to taste its power. But, suprisingly, although it was tempting, it wasn't quite as irresistible as she had thought it would be. It was like looking at an incredible tasty dessert, but not being at all hungry. Must be the gauntlets, she thought to herself.

But it was beautiful. Firey... Sparkling... Entrancing...

She stared at it, lost in its beauty....

The Doctor
02-15-2006, 06:44 PM
The Doctor moved slowly towards her. Her eyes were barely open, but he could see that they were back to normal. He picked up the pace a little bit, and knelt down beside her.
*She needs to get back to the TARDIS. I can't do anything for her here,* he said. *Help me get her up. Jasra, I brought the strong box. Put the shard in it, if you wouldn't mind.*

JasraLantill
02-15-2006, 06:53 PM
"Hmm?" Jasra blinked and gave the Doctor a quizzical look.

The Doctor
02-15-2006, 06:55 PM
*The Shard. Put it in the strongbox.* She continued to stare at him blankly. *Over there.*

JasraLantill
02-15-2006, 06:58 PM
Jasra's hand tightened around the shard. She looked at it, then the Doctor, then back at the shard. "Now?" she asked him.

The Doctor
02-15-2006, 07:00 PM
*Yes, now would be preferable,* he said. ((ugh. This is short. Even for a one liner...))

ForceFightWMe12
02-15-2006, 07:07 PM
Atton slipped his arm around Kira's shoulders, and his other behind her knees, standing. She groaned quietly, tensing, before going completly limp. "C'mon, she needs help." Atton said.
"Careful, Atton." Disciple said, stepping towards Jasra, "Watch her wounds."
The Jedi turned from Atton to face Jasra, an ancient cloth open in his palm. "Jasra," he said, offering the cloth, "Give me the Shard."

The Doctor
02-15-2006, 07:10 PM
*Disciple, we should refrain from touching it,* said the Doctor. *It should go in the strong box.*

ForceFightWMe12
02-15-2006, 07:15 PM
((OOC: That was Disciple, not Atton :xp: ))

IC:

"It's alright, Doctor." Disciple said, "The cloth I have here is a peice of the burial cloth found on the body of one of the first Jedi Masters. It should have enough of a pure aura to cancel out the Shard's effects. Even if its just for a few moments." the Jedi stared hard into Jasra's eyes, "Jasra, you have to hand over the Shard. For the safety of Kira and the others, please."
Don't make me take it from you...

JasraLantill
02-15-2006, 07:15 PM
Very slowly, Jasra walked over to the strongbox and opened it. She gave the shard one last look before setting it inside the box, and closing and locking the lid.

"You said you had a special place in your TARDIS for storing this, right?" she asked the Doctor, as she picked up the box. "I'll take it there now."

She frowned slightly as she suddenly noticed Kira's injuries. "On second thought..." She set the box down and moved to kneel beside Atton and Kira.

Laying one hand on Kira's forehead, and the other one on her blaster wound, she closed her eyes and concentrated. After a moment, she let out a tired sigh. "There," she said. "She should be alright to carry back to the TARDIS now."

She rose, then frowned. She had no idea where she had learned to do that. Shaking her head, she went back to the box, picked it up, and started down the corridor towards the TARDIS.

The Doctor
02-15-2006, 07:26 PM
*Alright, let's move,* said the Doctor. *We should get out of here before the Republic sends a battalion of soldiers.* He followed Jasra back to the TARDIS.

Nyssa padded Crystal's forehead with a damp cloth. "Crystal?" she said. "Crystal, can you here me?"

RobQel-Droma
02-15-2006, 07:31 PM
Karda stared at Jasra for a moment, feeling the urge in her to take the Shard. He thought for a second, then hurried after her. "Jasra, wait - I'll come with you."

Writer
02-15-2006, 08:47 PM
Crystal stirred slightly and began to murmur in her own strange language.

"Vzhe tzhasf it feafmy..." Her voice was monotone, her pulse was weak, and her breathing was shallow and irregular. She did not appear to be responding to Nyssa's words at all.

JasraLantill
02-15-2006, 09:27 PM
Hearing Karda call after her, Jasra slowed in the corridor to allow Karda to catch her up. She closed her eyes and concentrated on keeping her new gauntlets invisible, like Brax had taught her. It would just not do for anyone to discover them. Especially Karda.

"I have to get this shard to the Doctor's hiding place in the TARDIS," she said to him, without looking at him directly. "I'm sure that once it's protected and secured in there, that Crystal and Kira will come back to norm...." She thought about Crystal's 'new' appearance and Kira's eyes. "Well, semi-normal," she corrected herself.

She paused, then looked at him curiously. "What? Something wrong?"

((ooc: Jasra's 'invisible' gauntlet's should be just that. Invisible. For the moment. ;)))

RobQel-Droma
02-16-2006, 12:42 AM
"Nothing." He walked on beside her silently. "Well, I guess to say it bluntly, I noticed your reaction to the Shard. That thing is worrying me. And the problem is, I'm not sure if it will try to take over me, although I haven't really seemed to be called to it - yet."

The Doctor
02-16-2006, 10:51 AM
Nyssa sighed as Crystal began muttering in some strange language.
"What's wrong with her?" asked Tegan.
"I wish I knew," said Nyssa. "She's having some kind of reaction to the Shard, but I've never seen anything like this before. Oh, I wish the Doctor would hurry up."
"He was making sure Kira was alright - she's affected by the Shards as well. Looks like this time he's got his hands full."

JasraLantill
02-16-2006, 03:57 PM
Jasra gave Karda a curious look. "You mean, you can't feel the shard at all?" She snorted. "Strange. Well, if you're worried about ever being tempted by its power, then just don't touch it," she said plainly. "But it is interesting that you're not drawn to it. Of course," she added, "according to Togo, this is only one shard out of five. Who knows? Perhaps each shard calls out to different types of people."

As they neared the TARDIS, she adjusted her grip on the box, feeling the gauntlets on her hands. "Even now I can feel its Dark Power, but for some reason, I don't find it quite as irresistable as Kira does." She turned to Karda. "Let's just get this box in the Doctor's special place in the TARDIS where it's safe. That way, no one should be tempted. And if they are, they won't be able to get at it anyway."

ForceFightWMe12
02-16-2006, 06:43 PM
"C'mon," Atton said, jogging down the corridor after Karda and Jasra, "Where's this med bay of yours, Doc? Kira needs help, and fast. She's a strong woman, but there's only so much she can take. And I'm afraid of what that thing has done to her."

The Doctor
02-16-2006, 06:56 PM
*Follow me,* he said, leading the way into the TARDIS. He led them to a room about the same size as the Ebon Hawk's main room, with three beds along the wall. Crystal lay on one of the, Nyssa padding her forehead with a cool cloth. Tegan sat on the bed next to them, and the third one, furthest from the door, stood empty.
*Put her here. Nyssa, if Crystal is out of danger, I need you to take a look at Kira. I'll be back in a moment. I'm going to get us out of here - I'll land the TARDIS back in the Ebon Hawk, and we can get out of here.*

Writer
02-16-2006, 07:12 PM
Crystal's eyes opened at the sound of the Doctor's voice and muttered something unintelligible. Her breathing was still ragged, but consciousness had returned to her, it seemed. The fact that she didn't seem to be able to compose a coherent sentence was a different matter...

The Doctor
02-16-2006, 07:16 PM
"Doctor!" called Nyssa. The Doctor kept going.
*In a minute, Nyss,* he said.
"Oh... Crystal, it's alright," she said soothingly. "How do you feel? Can you hear me?"

ForceFightWMe12
02-16-2006, 07:16 PM
Atton lay Kira down gently on the empty bed. "Two blaster shots," he murmured, taking a glance at the twin spots of blood on her clothing.
"Let me see her." Disciple said, stepping around Atton to Kira's bedside. "The blood is fresh, but it seems most of it has stopped," he murmured, looking closer at the wounds, "They seem to be only surface wounds."
"What? But I saw that second shot; she took it full on!" Atton said in amazment, "For her to only have a surface wound...that'd be..."
"Inhuman?" Disciple guessed, "Impossible? With that Shard, nothing is."

The Doctor
02-16-2006, 07:26 PM
The room began to vibrate ever so slightly, and the engines (http://www.dwwa.net/dr3/Claws/Takeoff.wav) kicked in. A moment later, the Doctor returned.
*Right, we're back at the Ebon Hawk,* he said. *And I assume that we can leave Manaan, now that we've been cleared of... clear of this incident.*

ForceFightWMe12
02-16-2006, 07:32 PM
"Yeah," Atton said, and stood to leave. He paused a moment, shot Disciple a sharp look that said 'if anything happens to her, you're dead', and left. Minutes later, the hum of the engines sounded, there was a lurch, and the crew felt the Hawk leave the ground.

The Doctor
02-16-2006, 07:46 PM
*Alright,* said the Doctor again, moving towards Kira carefully. *Let's see here...* he examined the blaster wounds. *She's not that badly hurt. Minor flesh wounds, first degree burns... she'll be fine, if I can get a dermal regenerator to repair the cosmetic damage.*

ForceFightWMe12
02-16-2006, 07:51 PM
"Right," Disciple said. He walked to a set of drawers in the wall and looked around a bit, riffling through the different medical supplies, before coming upon a small, round, disc-like object about the size of his palm. "Here," he said, handing it to the Doctor.

The Doctor
02-16-2006, 08:08 PM
The Doctor took the device, thanking Disciple. He activated it, and ran it over the exposed wound. The wound began to close up, and the skin healed. The only evidence that a wound had ever been there was the bloody hole in her robes.
*Nyssa, get me 3cc of Trialane. She's lost a good amount of blood, and I want to be safe. Get me 2cc of Gelicite, while you're at it. She should stay conscious for a time, I think.*
Nyssa stood up, and Tegan resumed the padding of Crystal's forehead. She walked to the cabinet at the other side of the room, and took out two small bottles of liquid, one red, one a vibrant orange. She also pulled out a small cylindrical device, and placed the orange bottle in a compartment in the bottom. She handed the device and the second bottle to the Doctor, who pressed the device to Kira's neck. He pressed the button, and a soft hissing sound followed. He removed the now empty bottle, and replaced it with the new one. He injected her with the second bottle, and she immidiately began to move. Her eyes opened slowly, now almost completely normal, except for a thing ring of amber around the edge of the iris.
*Are you alright, Kira?*

ForceFightWMe12
02-16-2006, 08:22 PM
"I...I think so." the Exile said, her voice weak. She was slightly groggy, and had to put a hand to her head as she tried to sit up. The room was spinning pretty fast... "Argh, my head..."

The Doctor
02-16-2006, 08:24 PM
*Don't try to site up too fast,* he sai, putting an hand on her shoulder. *You've taken two blaster shots, but there's no serious damage. Just lie down. The Trialane will boost your blood sugar level, and should ease the pain a little bit, too.*

ForceFightWMe12
02-16-2006, 08:31 PM
Kira allowed the Doctor to push her back onto the table. "What happened to me?" she murmured, a hand over her eyes to block out light, "What have I done?"
The Disciple exchanged a worried glance with the Doctor. "Kira..."
Whatever he was about to say never got out as the Exile shot bolt upright. "The Shard! Where's the Shard?!"

The Doctor
02-16-2006, 08:37 PM
*It's alright, Kira,* said the Doctor loudly, pushing her back to the bed. *The Shard is safe. It's being placed in the room I mentioned earlier, where only a droid can enter. I believe T3-M4 is placing it there now. It's safe.*

ForceFightWMe12
02-16-2006, 08:40 PM
She pushed the Doctor off of her, knocking his hands aside. "I don't care where it is. I need it here. Now!" she said, the amber of her eyes pulsating twice before returning to normal. Of course, how normal are golden eyes?

The Doctor
02-16-2006, 08:42 PM
*Kira, it's safe, it's not going anywhere,* said the Doctor, in an almost warning tone. *It's not going anywhere,* he repeated, more calmly. *Just relax: We're on course for... well, Atton's set a course off of Manaan...* he said, in an effor to distract her from the Shard.

ForceFightWMe12
02-16-2006, 08:44 PM
"Doctor." Kira said, her voice sharp and warning, "I fear what that Shard will do to me if I don't have it. All I need is to have it in a container on my person. In my belt, around my neck, somewhere. Otherwise..." she drifted off, a small shiver going down her spine.

The Doctor
02-16-2006, 08:59 PM
The Doctor sighed. He wasn't going to win this argument.
*K9?*
After a moment, K9 rolled into the room. "Master?"
*I want you to get the Shard from the strongbox. If T3-M4 tries to stop you, come with him here - he'll want to confirm that Kira has ordered it out of the room.*
"Understood, Master," he said. He rolled in a wide circle, turning him around, and left the room.
He returned a few minutes later, the Shard in the grip of his short grappler.

ForceFightWMe12
02-16-2006, 09:06 PM
Kira's eyes locked on the Shard, her gaze dripping with greed. She reached a hand out to take it...
"Kira." Disciple said, firmly locking his hand around her wrist, "You have to fight it."
After a moment, he turned from her, taking a small, cylindrical container, hardly as wide as a bottle cap, from a pouch in his belt. Opening it, he held it beneath the Shard, and K9 dropped the amber jewel into the container. Sealing it off again, he handed it to Kira who attached a peice of string to it, and slid it around her neck.
"There." she murmured, satisfied. "Now that I have it so close, I should be able to resist the pull to touch it, while becoming more immune to its effects."

The Doctor
02-16-2006, 09:11 PM
The Doctor stood. *Well, I'm going to the cockpit, to find out where Atton has set a course for,* he said. He left the room.

The Doctor's mind raced. How to protect Kira from the effects of the Shard, while not making her believe that he was trying to steal it from her? That would be a sure fire route to another regeneration.
He pondered the question, still thinking as he entered the cockpit. Atton sat in the pilot seat, staring out the large window into the deep blue tunnel of hyperspace.
*Where are we headed?*

ForceFightWMe12
02-16-2006, 09:15 PM
"Another random jump." the Scoundrel answered, his voice flat. "And I changed the codes of the Hawk, in case anyone came looking for us. Now, we're the Lunar Shadow."
Silence drifted between the two as the Doctor took a seat in the co-pilot's chair. Then, "How...How is she? Kira, I mean?"

The Doctor
02-16-2006, 09:19 PM
The Doctor sighed. *Physically, she's fine,* he said. *But... there's something wrong with her. I can feel it. I don't know how to describe it, or what's causing it. But I'm almost sure it has something to do with that blasted Shard.*
He looked at Atton seriously. *Atton... she's carrying the Shard with her. She wouldn't take no for an answer.*

ForceFightWMe12
02-16-2006, 09:29 PM
"She is, is she?" Atton asked rhetorically. "I hate that damned thing. First chance I get I'm chucking it into the sea on Manaan or the forest of Kashyyyk. Hell, I'll throw it into a Sarlaac pit on Tattoine!" he said, a fist slamming against the dash.

~*~*~

"Disciple?" came Kira's quiet voice from behind the Jedi. He glanced at her over his shoulder to show her he was listening. "What...what happened down there? At the research station? What...what did I do?"
The man pretended to take an inventory on the medical supplies to try and hide the discomfort on his face. "You...you mean you don't remember any of it?"
"Just flashes." she said, her voice weak, as if she were about to cry, "I...I had no control...nothing. All I can remember...is a Republic soldier...he was cowering in front of me, and I...I..."

The Doctor
02-16-2006, 09:31 PM
*Unfortunately, that's not possible. We need to bring these shards back to Taris, back to this 'Togo'. That's another thing that''s bothering me - this 'Togo'. I just have a bad feeling about him. It.*

ForceFightWMe12
02-16-2006, 09:42 PM
"Heh, you think I would actually ever trust a droid?" Atton said, sounding slightly disgusted, "I hardly trust the hunk of junk on this ship to do much more than tighten a loose bolt. And even then Bao-Dur is usually watching over it. But this guy...this thing is different. I can tell just by the way Kira and Jasra talk about it. Seems like another droid we met before...G0-T0."

~*~*~

"Are you sure you wish to know?" Disciple asked, now turning to face her fully.
"Yes...I do. I have to know what I've done." Kira said.
"Very well..." he sighed, "By the time we were released...the Doctor could already feel Crystal weakening, and we suspected that you were near the Shard. However, before we could reach the TARDIS, I had...seen what was happening. In my meditations. You had picked up the Shard, and re-entered the complex. By this point, it had almost full control over you..."
"I...I remember." Kira said, seeming on the verge of tears, "I...I killed the soldier that tried to stop me...but the others..." she paused, seeming sickened with the thought. Disciple had to turn away. He couldn't stand seeing the pain this was causing her.
"The other soldiers." she continued, "I saw a...a massacre...before I fell unconious...did I...?"
Disciple's arms fell to his sides, as he nodded grimly. She took a shuddering breath, and turned to see Kira gripping the sheets of the table beneath her, her head bowed and shoulders shaking. She was...she was crying.

The Doctor
02-16-2006, 09:47 PM
*G0-T0?* said the Doctor, interested. *Yes, I'd heard of him. The only droid to have any kind of rank in the, uhm... the Exchange, is it?*
He sighed again. *This 'Key to the Galaxy'... it's Guardian technology, I'm sure of it,* he said. *They created the Key to Time, and they created this. That's why it has such an effect on her... but... it shouldn't make her... it could quite possibly increase her powerm but not turn her into a... monster. The only explanation I can come up with is that this Key was created by the Black Guardian without the White's knowledge. Why, I cannot say.*

ForceFightWMe12
02-16-2006, 09:52 PM
"Hmm." Atton murmured, not bothering to ask how the Doctor had known about G0-T0. The guy seemed to know everything about anything already, why question? "So, Doc," Atton said, reaching for a canteen filled with Juma, "You said you came here in the future, you knew something bad was going to happen that was way over our heads. Hell, you had to pull me out of some cuboard." taking a swing, the Scoundrel finished, "Is this playing out like it already has?"

~*~*~

"Damn it." the Exile choked out between sobs, "I knew it! I...I murdered them all!"
She defiantly stood, ignoring the pain and bouts of dizziness. She had to meditate...she had to calm down.
"Exile--" Disciple began, reaching for her shoulder to coax her back onto the table.
"Leave me alone." she said, shrugging off his touch. He grabbed her forearm firmly.
"Please, you can't move. Everything's going to be alright, but right now you have to rest--"
"I said leave me alone." she pushed his hand off her arm forcefully.
"Kira, you have to trust me--"
"Trust you?" the Exile whirled on him, her slightly discolored eyes flashing, "You want me to trust you?"
"Kira--"
"How can I trust you without even knowing your real name??" she demanded, and her comment stung him. Not even trying to stop her, Disciple watched numbly as Kira stormed out of the med bay, and out of the TARDIS.

The Doctor
02-16-2006, 09:59 PM
THe Doctor sighed again. *No. This event never happened. IT's not supposed to happen. Which means that either a Guardian or the Master are involved. I doubt it's the Master - he's somewhere on Earth, I believe. Stranded, without his TARDIS. If the Black Guardian is involved, and he's controlling Kira through these Shards... we are all in more danger than you could possibly imagine.*

ForceFightWMe12
02-16-2006, 10:04 PM
"D'you know where this 'Guardian' guy could be?" Atton said, his eyes flashing dangerously, "'Cause I'll kill him. After what he's done to her already, and what those damned shards are doing to her now? I'll wring his neck with my bare hands!"

The Doctor
02-16-2006, 10:13 PM
*Atton, the Black Guardian is a transcendant being of near unlimited power,* said the Doctor simply. *You could not kill him any more than a six year old girl could kill you.*
He sighed yet again, and stood. *I'm going back to the TARDIS to check on Kira and Crystal,* he said. *If there's any news on either of them, I will be sure to inform you.* He left the cockpit, returning to the TARDIS.

"How can I trust you without even knowing your real name??"
Kira cam storming out of the TARDIS med bay, her eyes full of tears.
*Kira...?* he began, but she ignored him. He entered the room to find Disiple standing there, dumbstruck.
He looked around. Crystal was still unconscious but stable, and Tegan and Nyssa had gone off to bed.
*Is there something wrong, Mical?*

Writer
02-16-2006, 10:15 PM
((Doctor, Crystal's conscious... sort of... her eyes are open, but she's talking gibberish at the moment... not even coherent sentences in her own language :) ))

The Doctor
02-16-2006, 10:17 PM
((ok... can we say that she didn't hear the Doctor call Disciple by his name?))

ForceFightWMe12
02-16-2006, 10:17 PM
All Disciple could do was just stare after her as Kira left.
"Is there something wrong, Mical?"
The Jedi was brought back to immediate conciousness by the sound of the Doctor's voice. "She...she wanted to know what happened down in the Research station..." he said, his voice hardly above a whisper.
How can I trust you without eve knowing your real name?

Writer
02-16-2006, 10:19 PM
((She's not exactly sane at the moment, so yeah, it's safe to say she... well, she heard, but she wouldn't remember anything about this period in time :D ))

The Doctor
02-16-2006, 10:21 PM
The Doctor watched Disciple, something like pity in his eyes.
*Mical... you know I am right,* he said. *You must tell her. If you don't, it will only lead to pain and suffering - for both of you.*

JasraLantill
02-16-2006, 10:40 PM
Jasra had been quietly sitting in the garage with Karda and Bao-Dur while the flurry of activity centred around healing Kira and Crystal. Too many cooks in the kitchen, she had thought.

After things had sort of 'calmed down' she wandered into the cockpit.

Atton and the Doctor were talking.
If the Black Guardian is involved," said the Doctor, "and he's controlling Kira through these Shards... we are all in more danger than you could possibly imagine."

Great, Jasra thought. Just what we need. More danger and another player in the game. She took note of that Atton had chosen another random jump again, then left the cockpit.

She saw Kira run down the corridor to the dormitory. She looked 'healed' enough. Perhaps Crystal was faring just as well. She went back to the TARDIS to check.

Inside the TARDIS Med Bay, the Doctor was now chatting to the Disciple. She saw Crystal, eyes open but still looking rather stressed, lying on one of the beds.

Seeing no objection from the Doctor or the Disciple to her presence, she pulled up a chair and sat next to Crystal's bed.

"Crystal?" she asked softly. "How are you feeling?"

Writer
02-16-2006, 10:59 PM
Crystal's nonsensical muttering stopped and her head turned slowly until she was staring straight at Jasra. Something was definitely different about her... and without warning, she laughed.

"Had a dance with a devil, you did," she said loudly. "Gray eyes, red eyes, who knows what color eyes!"

She sat up rather abruptly. "Little ship, in big ship..." Then, she frowned. "Ship or boat? Boat went over water and onto land. But boat crash. Ship? Ship fly? Little ship to big ship..."

She looked as if she was trying to lean against a wall behind the bed, but where she leaned, there was no wall and she slid off the bed, landing with a thud on the other side. There, on her back with her legs still sticking up against the bed, she continued repeating, "Little ship to big ship, little ship to big ship..."

The Doctor
02-16-2006, 11:11 PM
The Doctor looked over at Crystal - she was acting strange. He walked over to her, and grabbed her firmly by the shoulders.
*Crystal? What's wrong? Are you alright?*

JasraLantill
02-16-2006, 11:15 PM
To anyone else, Crystal's words probably sounded totally insane. But they meant something to Jasra. And she swallowed hard, suddenly afraid.

She cast a quick glance behind her to the Doctor and Disciple. They looked confused at Crystal's strange behaviour. Good.

"Crystal?" Jasra bent down on the floor, trying to help her to a more comfortable sitting position. "C'mon. Sit up now. Just take it easy. You'll be alright," she said soothingly, but loud enough so that the Doctor and Disciple could hear her. "And just be quiet," she said so only Crystal could hear.

Writer
02-16-2006, 11:22 PM
"Claws to kill!" Crystal exclaimed, sitting up. "Claws to kill who? Nobody!" She giggled slightly. "But who's nobody?"

She stood slowly, wobbling on slightly unsteady legs. Staring straight at the Doctor, she said, "Pretty bit of glassy stuff... shining, blinding, breaking, twisting!"

In a rather impressive show of strength, she knocked the bed over on one side and headed for the door calling, "Little ship to big ship!"

JasraLantill
02-16-2006, 11:34 PM
"Claws to kill!" Crystal exclaimed, sitting up.

Jasra blanched. Crystal could see her gauntlets? She was going to blow it for her if she kept on babbling like that!

"Crystal, I think you should...."

The bed flipped over, knocking Jasra to her feet, as Crystal headed off into the Ebon Hawk. With a look of determination, Jasra quickly righted herself.

"Two words, Doctor," she said as headed off after Crystal. "Sedative. Now."

The Doctor
02-16-2006, 11:40 PM
*Right,* said the Doctor, moving past Disciple to get to the cabinets. He pulled out another one of the injection devices, and a bottle of clear liquid from the shelves. He then chased after them, wondering what in the name of Rassilon had happened to her.

Writer
02-16-2006, 11:56 PM
When they caught up with Crystal, she'd found her way to the exit of the TARDIS. Here, she had stopped. Seeming slightly hesitant, she peered out. "Big ship?" she called. "Big ship, big ship? Little ship to big ship!"

Then, she hopped out and said, "Big ship to little ship!" and hopped right back in. "Big ship to little ship, little ship to big ship," she sang, hopping back and forth. Then, she stopped abruptly and stared at the Doctor. She was halfway inside the TARDIS and halfway into the Ebon Hawk. She shook her head slowly.

"Little Big Ship," she told him solemnly. Then, on a seemingly different train of thought, she said, "Shots are a no. She hates shots. You can't catch her anyway!"

And she vanished only to appear behind the Doctor. "Super!" she yelled in delight. Vanishing again, she reappeared just inside the TARDIS, in front of him. "Super duper!"

"Blink... blink... blink... blink..." she said, and with each blink she appeared either before him or behind him. Her words began to come faster. "Blink, blink, blink blink blink blinkblinkblinkblink!!!"

And suddenly she stopped and staggered out of the TARDIS and into the Ebon Hawk. "Woozy!" She yelled. "Get her some balance, 'cause she's lost all her own!"

She fell, but immediately picked herself up and tried again. Vertigo? Caused by rapid teleportation apparently. She staggered forward and flopped to her stomach with a loud, "OOF!"

Then, she sprang to her feet and teleported again, appearing right in front of the Doctor and awkwardly kicking the injection out of his hand. It flipped upward and sideways, hitting Jasra and giving her a minor taste of the injection.

"Whoops!" Crystal exclaimed, picking it up as Jasra staggered backward under the effects of the drug. "Sorry, Jazzy!"

She giggled and began spinning round and round, smacking the Doctor with the device also. "Ha!" she exclaimed, coming to an abrupt stop and collapsing. The device skittered away from her hand. "No druggies for me! Druggies for you!"

JasraLantill
02-17-2006, 12:21 AM
"Ow!" Jasra rubbed the spot on her leg where she had been injected by the Doctor's sedative.

Crystal had appeared and disappeared so many times that it was making Jasra's head spin. Or was it the drug. Her legs gave out and she wobbled to the floor in a heap.

"Oh, crap," she whispered, blinking her eyes to try to focus.

Crystal was spinning. Or was she. Yes, she was. Spinning, and then she, too, fell to the floor. And did she just hit the Doctor with a shot of that stuff, too?

Jasra attempted to stand. Her legs felt like jelly. Determined, she hauled her self up using the doorframe of the TARDIS for support.

"Cystal?" she slurred, blinking once, then closing one eye so she could see only one Crystal instead of three. "Don't wanna hurt you. Zhust help you."

Oh, do I wish now that I had listened to Master Kelva about using the Force to counteract poisons!

Jasra tried to cross over to Crystal, but ended up falling on her backside, just feet away from her. Suddenly Jasra laughed.

"I'm definiffin... defenef... " She paused, and tried again. "Definiffinetly not a Jedi," she said to Crystal.

ForceFightWMe12
02-17-2006, 11:11 AM
"I'm definiffin... defenef...Definiffinetly not a Jedi."
Well, this is rich. Disciple thought. He went to his belt and into a pouch, pulling out a small gun-looking device and a dart. Taking aim, he quickly fired the dart at Crystal, watching as it peirced her skin and administered the sedative that was inside. He moved to Jasra, and quickly gave her a shot of drugs that would negate the Doctor's sedative. He gave a shot to the Doctor as well, for good measure.
"This has certaintly turned out to be an interesting day." he murmured to no one in particular.

Writer
02-17-2006, 02:03 PM
"No, no, stupid, no, stupid, stupid, no, no," Crystal murmured. She lurched forward slammed into the side of the TARDIS and collapsed.

The Doctor
02-17-2006, 05:20 PM
*Thank you,* said the Doctor. He closed hus eyes, a grimace of pain flashing across his face. He massaged his temple for a moment, then opened his eyes, seemingly back ot normal.
He moved over to Crystal, who was lying against the TARDIS wall, still muttering seemingly random strings of words. The Doctor checked her vitals - she was fine.
*I agree,* he said, looking at Disciple. *Very interesting... we should get her into a bed. One on the Ebon Hawk would be better - she'll feel more comfortable there.*

Writer
02-17-2006, 05:43 PM
Suddenly, Crystal's eyes snapped open. "No touch!" she snapped, slapping their hands away. She looked a little confused. "What's going on?"

She sounded as if she may have come out of her strange insanity until, "Did little ship find big ship?"

Looking around, she nodded. "Yes. Yes, yes."

Her eyes closed and she murmured, "She's tired. Leave her alone. Here, the insignificant cold bed that isn't a bed." Then, her eyes opened. "But it is significant. Without it, she's even colder. Without it, they all freeze to death."

Her eyes closed once more and she repeated, "Leave her alone, leave her alone."

JasraLantill
02-17-2006, 09:42 PM
Jasra was feeling better. Well, at least more balanced anyway. She rose to her feet, still a bit unsteady, and still keeping one eye closed so she could see just one of everything.

She looked at Crystal, then shook her head.

Walking over to where Crystal was, she bent down closer to her. "We'll leave you alone if...." She paused, then smiled. "If you go to the big ship bed. It's not significant, but its warm. And you're tired."

Writer
02-18-2006, 12:43 AM
"Tired," Crystal repeated. Her eyes opened and she looked accusingly at Disciple. Then, she stood slowly and headed off to find a bed.

"To make Jazzy happy, she finds a big ship bed," she said quietly, laying down on it and taking a deep breath. As her eyes closed again, she murmured, "She hates unhappiness."

And she fell asleep, finally submitting to the sedative Disciple had forced on her.

The Doctor
02-18-2006, 11:07 AM
*Oh dear...* said the Doctor. *It seems as if her exposure to the Shard has caused her condition to worsen. It must be a....* he massaged his temple again. *A, uhm... progressive effect.*

ForceFightWMe12
02-18-2006, 11:13 AM
"I've decided," Disciple said, watching Crystal amble off to find a bunk on the Hawk, "That I despise that Shard."

~*~*~

Atton, seeing that the Hawk was on auto-pilot while in the Hyperspace stream, left the cockpit, deciding to see if he could find any java. Or perhaps something harder than Juma.
As he entered the main area, he saw Kira rush through on her way to the dormitories. He could see simply by the way she walked that she was upset, so he decided to give her some time and get himself a drink.
After a while, he followed Kira into the east dormitory, where he saw her meditating on the floor. While she looked alright, he noticed that her shoulders shook every once in a while.
"Kira?" he asked quietly.
"Go away." the Exile whispered in return.

The Doctor
02-18-2006, 11:21 AM
*Yes,* said the Doctor, still massaging his temple. *Yes, I quite agree.* He opened his eyes, again back to normal. *Perhaps you should... perhaps you should check on Kira. She...* he tried to find the best words to use in front of Jasra. *She will most definitely want to speak with you about... recent events.*

ForceFightWMe12
02-18-2006, 12:29 PM
"Perhaps...I would be best off leaving her alone. At least for a time." Disciple said, coming up with an excuse. He didn't really want to talk to Kira...at least not yet.

JasraLantill
02-18-2006, 04:51 PM
Jasra frowned at the Doctor, but said nothing. Instead, she followed Crystal to the dormitory.

She sat down on the edge of the bed. While Crystal slept, Jasra removed one of her gauntlets and gently stroked Crystal's blonde hair. She couldn't help feeling that this was all her fault. Had she not strayed from the Jedi path... had she not accepted the job from Togo ... had she not found the Exile... had she stayed with Kira and Crystal instead of speaking to Brax... Things might be rather different now.

"I'm sorry, Crystal," she said softly, even though Crystal couldn't hear her. "So very sorry."

She laid her hand on Crystal's forehead, then closed her eyes, trying to detect the damage the shard had done to her.

In her mind's eye, she saw a swirl of colours--red, violet, indigo, green--threads of Crystal's thoughts. They were all matted together, knotted it seemed by a single golden strand. Ever so gently, Jasra began to try and detangle it from the rest.

Writer
02-18-2006, 05:08 PM
A comforting yellow thought lanced out toward Jasra and she heard the words, Batty, isn't it? The next thought was slightly more gold. She... I'll be... okie-dokie... I'll be fine... ish.

Though she appeared to be sleeping, Crystal was still semi-conscious and in this state, she began to talk to Jasra.

"She calls her Jazzy," she murmured. "Doesn't know why. Slip, slop, out comes the words... the flood of nonsensical words. She's sorry Jazz... Jasra feels blameable... is that a word?"

She sounded as if she could be laughing softly. "She wants to thank Jazz... Jasra for being comfy-closey... and brainy-picky..."

As Jasra continued to attempt unwinding and untying the gold strand, a tiny image of Crystal... the old Crystal with dark hair and grayish eyes appeared. "If you go too far, the golden thoughts will bind you," she warned. "Let me help. Leave us slightly tangled so as to restore much sanity without endangering yourself."

JasraLantill
02-18-2006, 06:10 PM
Eyes still closed, Jasra grinned. "Brainy-picky," she repeated with a soft snorting laugh. But Crystal was right. She could feel the golden strands beginning to wrap around her own thoughts, like a growing vine that needed constant trimming to keep it in check.

"Just a little more...." she whispered. More of the golden strand became solitary, but it seemingly had no end and no beginning. If she could just find one end....

Writer
02-18-2006, 06:21 PM
"It wraps you up," Crystal murmured aloud. "Twisty-turnies twisting and turning you until you don't know direction... stupdidity... stupidoddity... the brain won't know logic... can't comprehend it."

Inside her mind, the dark-haired Crystal was murmuring the same things, but she quickly shook her head. It has no end, Jasra. It'll wrap us both up if you don't stop now. But once we wake up, we'll be somewhat more sane... all thanks to you.

JasraLantill
02-18-2006, 06:44 PM
Jasra suddenly understood what the shard had done to Crystal. She knew,but she couldn't put it into words. Heading Crystal's advice, she drew herself back, and opened her eyes.

She rubbed her hand soothingly over Crystal's forehead.

"Thank you," she whispered. She sat quietly, trying to realign her own thoughts while she waited for Crystal to awaken.

Writer
02-18-2006, 06:50 PM
"You've also done a little to negate the effects of Disciple's sedative," Crystal said. Her eyes opened. "Still tired, we are, but overall, better."

JasraLantill
02-18-2006, 07:11 PM
Jasra grinned. "Tired, we are?" she repeated. "You sound like...Master Vandar." She remembered Master Vandar giving a lecture to her clan when she was a youngling at the Temple. "I liked him."

Writer
02-18-2006, 07:29 PM
"So many voices," Crystal murmured. "Vandar, Jasra, Kira, Disciple, Doctor, Nyssa, Tegan, Vrook..." The list continued on and on. Occasionally, there was a name Jasra recognized, but most of them came toward the beginning of the list. The later ones were unknown to Jasra. The list ended and Crystal sat up. "All of them. Echoes in my mind. To be there forever. The gold mocks them, distorts their voices, their messages."

JasraLantill
02-18-2006, 08:10 PM
"Why don't you try to just concentrate on one voice," Jasra suggested. "Just one colour."

She put her hand over Crystal's. "I know what its doing to you. I can't put it into words, but I know." She paused. "And I know that Kira and I will need your help at the end." She gave Crystal a weak smile. "I'm tired. Let's both get some rest."

She rose, then noticed her gauntlet lying on the floor beside her feet. She picked it up, and put it on, then turned to look at Crystal. She was sheilding it, like Brax had taught her, but she knew Crystal could still see it somehow. "It's not what you think," she said to her, then went to lie down in the bed next to Crystal's.

Writer
02-18-2006, 08:14 PM
"Yes it is," Crystal answered immediately. Her eyes closed and again, she looked asleep. But as she really and truly drifted off to sleep, she again murmured, "Yes, it is."

ForceFightWMe12
02-19-2006, 10:13 PM
"Kira--" Atton began, reaching for her shoulder, but she shrugged him away.
"Please Atton...I've felt the next Shard. I know where it is."
So soon? the Scoundrel thought, It took her forever to realize this one was on Manaan...
"Just...go set a course for Dagobah." the Exile finished.
"Are you su--"
"Just go. Please."

The Doctor
02-19-2006, 10:26 PM
The Doctor stood. *Very well,* he said to Disciple. *I must return to the TARDIS and, uhm...* he closed his eyes again. *I must, uhm... ake sure Nyssa and Tegan are alright.*
He left the room, walking down the long hallway back to the TARDIS. As he passed the cargo hold and entered the garage bay, he saw Atton walking towards the main room.
*Atton,* he said. *Uhm... there was something, ah yes, that's it! May I ask what our next destination is?*

ForceFightWMe12
02-19-2006, 10:32 PM
"Dagobah." the Scoundrel replied, his voice flat and emmotionless. He continued on past the Doctor, hardly casting a glance at the man.

The Doctor
02-19-2006, 10:55 PM
The Doctor stared after Atton curiously for a moment, tempted to folow him and find out what was wrong. He though better of it, and entered the TARDIS. He accessed the TARDIS databanks on the planet 'Degobah', and began reading.
((This is where I consult Wikipedia about Degobah, to fit the later plans.
EDIT: First thing I learned: It's spelt Dagobah, not Degobah.))

JasraLantill
02-21-2006, 02:09 AM
As she slept, Jasra dreamed.

Of humid swamps and gnarled trees. Strange creatures. And a depressing darkness that hovered over an ancient vine covered ruin.

She tossed restlessly. She could feel the frustration as she tried to use her gauntlets to cut a path through the thick and tangled vegetation. Trying to get to...

Kira. She was in a temple. Ancient writing on the walls. An altar in the middle of a great room. A stone sarcophagus.

And the call of the shard.

She awoke with a jolt. She looked over at Crystal, who appeared to still be sleeping, then threw off her blanket and headed for the cockpit.

As she'd been sleeping, she hadn't felt the ship come out of hyperspace. Through the cockpit window, she could see a moss green planet. "What is this place?" she asked Atton. "Where are we?"

ForceFightWMe12
02-21-2006, 07:47 PM
"A swampy wasteland called Dagobah." Atton said, steering the Hawk carefully over the trees, "It's almost like Kashyyyk, a planet full of nothing but trees, however it's uninhabited by any known intelligent beings. Frankly, I figure why bother. The place isn't really good for anything..."

The Doctor
02-21-2006, 08:24 PM
The Doctor entered the cockpit.
*Oh, in a few millenia, Dagobah will play an important role in your history, I assure you,* he said, smiling. *Two of the greatese Jedi Masters will live here. But I can't talk about that.*

ForceFightWMe12
02-21-2006, 09:01 PM
"I'm sure you can't." Atton said, spotting a small clearing to fit the Hawk in.

JasraLantill
02-21-2006, 09:36 PM
"So, why are we....?" asked Jasra. "Oh, please don't tell me that the next shard is here. I hate jungles and swamps."

Writer
02-21-2006, 09:45 PM
"Not so bad," Crystal said, coming in behind Jasra. "Weeds and tangles, there may be, but always a path... and if no path, make one."

She shook her head. "We are near the second shard. I feel it..." She looked slightly dazed and stared out at the trees. "What am I saying? I never know! Nevermore!" With an impatient sigh, she turned and left the cockpit.

JasraLantill
02-21-2006, 10:14 PM
Jasra looked with concern at Crystal as she left. "Right. So, if we go exploring for this shard, I think Crystal will go with me so I can keep an eye on her. She's just... not... quite... right. Yet." She turned to Atton. "And you can keep an eye on Kira."

3yks
02-21-2006, 10:39 PM
The ship waited, out there in space, watching the Hawk land. He considered absently, he knew what was going on ont he ship, in part ... Jasra had made sure of that, not that she knew she had. Should he just wait here? they were collecting these shard things that Togo wanted, getting them all into one place. He considered, as he wrote up a quick report, detailing the situation, that he was still observing. He'd land once they had disembarked, and catch up to them.

The Doctor
02-23-2006, 05:46 PM
The Doctor sighed heavily, and massaged his temple again, his eyes open this time.
*Well,* he said. *Perhaps we should begin our search. Though I believe we should stick together this time,* he continued. *We must keep an eye on Kira.*

ForceFightWMe12
02-23-2006, 06:06 PM
"I don't need a bunch of babysitters." Kira said irritably, appearing behind the Doctor's shoulder, "I can take care of myself, thanks."
Atton cringed as he looked her in the eye. Her gaze was sharp and ice cold, and the gold tinge was visably brighter.

The Doctor
02-23-2006, 06:09 PM
*Kira, I'm sorry,* said the Doctor apologetically. *But I'm worried about you. Besides, Dagobah is dangerous. Nobody should be allowed to wander off on their own.*

ForceFightWMe12
02-23-2006, 06:17 PM
"I've survived Malachore twice by myself. I think I'm fine." Kira said, throwing the Doctor's appology to the side.

The Doctor
02-23-2006, 06:22 PM
*Alright, then if not for your protection, then for ours,* countered the Doctor. *The rest of us, particularly Nyssa and Tegan, are not as experienced with danger as yourself.*

RobQel-Droma
02-23-2006, 06:43 PM
"Um..." Karda interrupted. "Maybe not intelligent life - but it's dangerous out there, I can feel the creatures. This place is alive with darkness." He looked at Kira's goldish eyes. "Doc's right, we need to stick together. There is no knowing what is out there."

Just as he spoke, he felt something. Like - like a... tug on him, from somewhere. The Shard he thought. But it wasn't calling to him as strongly. He could feel the power, the darkness, unlike the other shard - he could only normally sense the one on Manaan - but it wasn't as strong as it was to Kira.

Maybe Jasra was right, maybe the different shards pulled on different types of people. He just hoped that he wasn't the right type for any of the shards.

The Doctor
02-23-2006, 06:46 PM
The Doctor's breath shortened, and he sighed again, a small grimaec of pain playing across hi sface. *Alright,* he said. *Then that's settled. Nobody wanders off on their own.*

ForceFightWMe12
02-23-2006, 07:30 PM
"Fine." Kira said quickly, "Let's go, then. The faster we get out there, the faster we find it."
She had felt it. The Shard was calling to her.

JasraLantill
02-24-2006, 03:19 PM
Stepping outside, Jasra wrinkled her nose. "Ugh! What's that awful smell? Methane?" She shivered as though something was making her skin crawl. "Let's just find this shard and get out of here."

Suddenly, something large and buzzing swooped out of the sky, directly at her. With reflexes that surprised even her, she whipped out her lightsaber and cut down in mid air. The split carcass of the large insect twitched before her feet before oozing strange coloured and even stranger smelling excretions from what could only be described as a mouth. "Eew..." she grimaced. Frowing worriedly, she looked at Karda and the Doctor. "What kind of life forms did you two say were on this planet?"

ForceFightWMe12
02-24-2006, 03:25 PM
"A little jumpy today, eh Jasra?" Atton joked as the woman seemed to practically have a heart-attack.
"Put it this way," Kira said, going passed her and careful to walk on areas that wouldn't give way beneath her, "There's something waiting to eat you at every turn, especially in the water. Keep your eyes peeled."

JasraLantill
02-24-2006, 04:01 PM
"Yeah, well, I'm not planning to be anything's lunch," said Jasra, following behind Atton while she looked warily in the air for any more giant insects on the warpath. "And I'm definitely not planning on going swimming."

She gave a quick look at Crystal behind her. "You still know how to use that thing," she asked, looking at the lightsabre hanging from Crystal's belt. "Right?"

Writer
02-24-2006, 04:10 PM
Crystal glanced down at her saber. Then, she took it in her right hand and held it up in front of her face.

"Muscle memory," she said quietly. Then, she laughed softly. "The brain's a muscle too." Nodding, she said, "Yes, yes."

ForceFightWMe12
02-24-2006, 04:20 PM
"Good," Kira said, hacking at some brush with her saber, "You'll need it. Now c'mon, the faster we get the Shard the faster we get out of here."
And the faster it becomes mine.

JasraLantill
02-24-2006, 04:21 PM
"Good, good," Jasra replied to Crystal, although her expression still showed she was worried. "Tegan? Nyssa? Maybe you two and the Doctor ought to walk in-between those of us with weapons. Just to be on the safe side."

Writer
02-24-2006, 04:44 PM
"Shard?" Crystal looked rather alarmed. "Oh..."

She activated her lightsaber and slashed through a bush, suddenly becoming very silent. Deactivating her lightsaber, she moved to follow Kira. As she followed she began muttering. Kira could hear her voice, but was not close enough to hear the words; Jasra could just barely catch a little of what was said.

"Little golden strand becomes bigger," Crystal was saying. "Binds, dominates, squashes, penetrates. We can't handle it. Can't fight, can't run. We are overwhelmed. Ultimate penetration... senselessness."

At this, she fell silent and shuddered slightly. Still, she walked, following Kira onward.

The Doctor
02-24-2006, 10:02 PM
Tegan slipped on the uneven ground, and fell into a small patch of dead leaves on the ground. A few dozen small rodents scurried away, emitting high pitched squeeking noises.
The Doctor helped her up. *Careful, Tegan. Yelt rats can be viscious, if the queen is put in danger.*
He turned to Jasra. *Perhaps you are correct, Jasra. I would have brought K9 along with us, but he's not suited ot this terrain.*

----------------------------------------------

((Alright, I'm going to post as the newly created villain of the story, Darth Thanatos.

The human fell to the floor at the feet of Lord Thanatos, quivering in terror. Flanked by two Dark Jedi, he curled into a ball, trying to protect himself.
Thanatos turned and spoke, his voice barely more than a dark whisper.
"Where...is....she?"
"I... I do not... do not know, Mi'Lord. Reports say that she was seen on Mannaan... she-"
"She is not.... there."
The voice seemed to come from the cloak itself, the man's face no longer visible beneath the hood.
"I...I..."
"I tire... of your excuses.... Kaytok..." he said. "You... have failed me... for the last... time."
He slowly drew his lightsaber, the black runes inscribed on the hilt gleaming.
"Mi'Lord, I beg you! I have news! Of her companions!"
"Her companions are of no use to me."
"Mi'Lord, they are more than simple humans. One of them is another Jedi, by the name of Karda-"
"I know of her companions!" The voice didn't get any louder, but it became more viscous, more like a growl. "I have felt them through the Force! Four have joined her since she landed on nar Shaddaa. One is dead."
"Mi'Lord... there are seven."
Thanatos stood, and Kaytok only assumed that he was staring at him, though his eyes were not visible. "You dare to-"
"Mi'Lord, they are not like any other forms of life in existance! They do not seem to have any connection to the Force!"
"THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE!" he said, raising his lightsaber. "THE FORCE BINDS ALL LIFE TOGETHER! THEY COULD NOT EXIST WITHOUT THE FORCE!"
"Mi'Lord, our spies have seen them! A man and two women - Grentl, on Nar Shaddaa, saw them with her. He heard their conversation as he refuelleed their ship."
"Show me!"
Kaytok stood slowly, and moved to a terminal on the wall. He pressed a few buttons, and an image of three women and three men appeared on the screen. One of the women was the Exile, two of the men her past companions. The other three were unfamiliar.
"This man... he calls himself 'The Doctor', Mi'Lord."
A soft hiss escaped the folds of the cloak. "What do we know of him?"
Kaytok hesitated. "Nothing, your excellence. We have never heard of this 'Doctor' or his companions before."
Thanatos made to strike, but Kaytok spoke quickly. "Mi'Lord, there is more!" he yelled. "This Doctor, he... he's... changed, since this image was taken." He operated the console again, and an image of the Exile and her companions appeared on the screen, the massive sea of Manaan stretched out behind them. "This man, with the blonde hair, and the strange vegetable attached to his robes... he also calls himself 'The Doctor'."
Thanatos growled. "Bring him to me... along with Her and her Jedi companions. Destroy the others."

JasraLantill
02-25-2006, 05:54 AM
Their progress through the thick swampy jungle was painfully slow. Jasra continually kept looking behind her making sure that the others were behind her, while trying to keep an eye out ahead for Atton and Kira. But when she saw Tegan stumble, she decided that she needed to say something.

"Atton?" she called out ahead. "Can you get Kira to slow down a bit?"

ForceFightWMe12
02-25-2006, 11:00 AM
"I can try...but if I loose an arm, I'm blaming you." Atton joked. He hurried ahead to catch up to Kira and Crystal.
"Hey, Kira..." Atton glanced around, but saw only Crystal. The Exile was gone. "Kira!" the Scoundrel frantically turned to Crystal, "Where'd she go?"

- - - -

Those idiots were only slowing me down. Kira thought as she hacked her own path through the jungle and swamp. Blood now mixed with the mud on her boots, having run across the path of an unfortunate preditor. Her eyes were now brighter amber than before, the natural blue beginning to disappear. When she sneered, the beginnings of fangs were spotted in place of her cainine teeth. I'll find the Shard before any of them, and they won't be able to take it from me. It will be just one more for my collection.

The Doctor
02-25-2006, 11:09 AM
The Doctor looked around worriedly. *Oh dear. Perhaps we should split up to look for her. Groups of three?*
"Nyssa and I will go with the Doctor," said Tegan.
*No. We will need to travel with people equipped with weapons - we are the only three without.*

Writer
02-25-2006, 12:07 PM
"Run, run, run," Crystal murmured. "She runs to escape, to escape the slow ones, to find the..."

A look of terror came to her face and she began to run... not on the path they'd found (and had been making), but straight through the tangled mess to her right. Within just a few seconds, she was lost to sight, though they could still barely hear her.

JasraLantill
02-25-2006, 12:23 PM
"Kira!" Jasra started after her, then paused, as Crystal took off to the right. After a moment of indecision, she said to the Doctor, "I'm going after Crystal. The rest of you find Kira. Just make sure that if you split up, there is at least someone in the group that can wield a lightsabre. One of you three can come with me." She ignited her sabre and began hacking a path in the direction Crystal had fled.

The Doctor
02-25-2006, 12:42 PM
(1000th post!!! W00t!!!))

*Tegan, quickly! You said you travelled through Jungles back in Australia, now's the cahnce to use that experience,* said the Doctor. *Go with Jasra and find Crystal. The rest of us will find Kira.*
"Right, Doctor," she said, following Jasra.
*Right, we need to split up,* he continued. *Atton, I belive with Kira gone, you are as close to a leader we have here. How shall we begin our search?*

------------------------
((A little more info about Darth Thanatos. He doesn know about the Key to the Galaxy, but isn't concerned with finding it. He posses one shard (Jasra, I need to talk to you about this - it's important), and is therefore not worried about finding the others.
Sorry if these posts are boring - they're intended to show just how much Thanatos knows about the crew of the Ebon Hawk - and sorry, but he's going to be obssessed with killing the Doctor, having never heard of him before, he considers him a threat. There will be a big scene with the two of them, in which I will steal some of the dialogue from numerous episodes of Doctor WHo, as well as the 1996 Telemovie.))

"You summoned me, Mi'Lord?"
Thanatos didn't turn, but stood with his back to Kaytok. Again, his voice was a soft hiss, as if it wasn't issuing from a mortal mouth. "Have you found Her yet?"
"Yes, Mi'Lord. We have traced her ship to the Dagobah system. They have landed on Dagobah itself."
"What have you learned?"
"We have learned a great deal about one of her companions. His name is Karda Jal-Ordo. He's a Jedi Knight. A Sentinel, to be exact. He was born on Kashyyyk, his parents forced to-"
"I do not care about the trivial life of a meaningless Jedi," spat Thanatos. "I wish to know more about the ones she traveled with during the Purge. This.... 'Disciple' in particular. What do we know of him?"
"Well...." said Kaytok, checking his datapad. "His name is unkown. Our sources have been unable to learn much about his past, other than the fact that he served the Republic before joining the Exile."
"And what of this....'Atton'? "
"He is just as mysterious. He appears to have served with Revan in the Mandalorian Wars. He dissapeared along with Revan, but eventually turned up on Nar Shaddaa before taking a job at the Peragus mining facility."
Thanatos growled. "And what of this.... 'Doctor'?"
"We still know very little. We have been able to determine that he is not, as we assumed from his appearance, human. He is... mysterious. We have no idea when or how he arrived on Nar Shaddaa, or how he left. There is no record of his ship arriving on the smuggler's moon. But we have heard him speak several times of something called a 'Tardis'. It seems to hold some significance to him, but what it could be, we have no idea."
"He is a threat to us...." muttered Thanatos. "He must be... ex...termnimated."
"Yes, Mi'Lord."