PDA

View Full Version : Using Visas's Force Sight

RobQel-Droma
12-20-2005, 05:20 PM
I'm on my third time through TSL, and my female character just got to the point where you are given the message, "[Visas has the ability to see through the force... She can use it in first-person mode or spend force points to use it...]". Well, I step out of the Ebon Hawk, switch to FP mode on her, but it just looks normal. I can't find any "Force Sight" force power either, and I wasn't able to in any of my other games. Could somebody tell me what is going on?

Achilles
12-20-2005, 05:51 PM
*shot in the dark*

Do you have frame buffer effects enabled?

RobQel-Droma
12-20-2005, 06:01 PM
I don't really know what you are talking about- I don't recall disabling something with that name.

Achilles
12-20-2005, 06:36 PM
It's an advanced graphics setting. Need screenshots or do you think you can find it?

RobQel-Droma
12-20-2005, 06:53 PM
I think I could find it- I don't think I'm too dum, at least. :D

Of course, I'm infamous for looking for things that are literally staring me in the face and not seeing them...

Achilles
12-20-2005, 07:18 PM
Just click on Graphics, then Advanced Settings. It should be in the first window (in other words, I don't think you need to scroll down for it).

RobQel-Droma
12-20-2005, 08:50 PM
^I got there, but it didn't let me select it, like you couldn't choose it because something else was disabled or something. Would you know about that?

Det. Bart Lasiter
12-20-2005, 08:53 PM
What kind of graphics card do you have? Some don't support Frame Buffer Effects at all.

RobQel-Droma
12-20-2005, 09:19 PM
I can't remember, some wierd long name (Intel something, I think); I don't have the required, I know that. I had to disable one or two things to get the games too work.

Achilles
12-20-2005, 10:02 PM
Sounds like your video card might not be compatible with some of the advanced settings.

Here's what some of your NPCs see in first-person:
Visas Marr and Kreia (http://img529.imageshack.us/my.php?image=visaskreia2tn.jpg)
HK-47 and G0-T0 (http://img529.imageshack.us/my.php?image=g0tohk476xr.jpg)
T3-M4 (http://img529.imageshack.us/my.php?image=t3m47of.jpg)

RobQel-Droma
12-20-2005, 10:24 PM
Well, I guess that is another message telling me to get a better graphics card.

Thanks for the pics, anyways.

Emperor Devon
12-20-2005, 11:02 PM
I can't remember, some wierd long name (Intel something, I think); I don't have the required, I know that. I had to disable one or two things to get the games too work.

To find out what kind of graphics card you have, do this: go to your desktop, right click it, select properites, go to settings, and if the name of your graphics card isn't there for some reason, select advanced.

RobQel-Droma
12-20-2005, 11:07 PM
^I know how to, I just forgot what it was and I didn't want to get up and go check it- especially since I already knew that I had an old card; one that didn't meet the requirements.

PoiuyWired
12-22-2005, 10:15 PM
Well, what I notice is that you may need to leave the 'Hawk and go back for some changes to take place.

Try 1st person Force Sight on a planet... you should be able to see glowing people instead of them being in their normal colors.

JediKnight707
12-26-2005, 12:56 AM
I used it, and it seems pretty stupid...

Jae Onasi
01-02-2006, 02:35 AM
My video card won't support Force Sight either, but I haven't missed it, because the bad guys make themselves readily apparent. :)
I agree with Rob--another reason for me to upgrade my video card. ;)

Malkier
02-09-2006, 05:14 AM
I sometimes use force sight just befor i open a door, sometimes you can see who/ how many are in the room and equip accordingly. Also evil things glow red good things glow blue and nutral things are grey.

Prime
02-09-2006, 11:04 AM
Personally, I think it was a cool idea that wasn't implemented very well...

Darth Sun_Tzu
02-10-2006, 06:54 AM

Exactly, a good use for that power in K1 when you are looking for that shapeshifter on Kashyyyk among all those tachs. Saves you :smash: all of them to find the right one.

ChAiNz.2da
02-10-2006, 08:55 AM
Exactly, a good use for that power in K1 when you are looking for that shapeshifter on Kashyyyk among all those tachs. Saves you :smash: all of them to find the right one.
There's a Force Sight Power in K1? :eyeraise:

Not trying to be a smart-ass, I'm honestly being clueless about this.. hehehe :xp: If there is a Force Sight Power in K1, I swear I have never seen it...

Somoene please tell me I'm being a moron and tell me where/how to get it (even if it's a mod)...

As for Force Sight in general (TSL).. I like the power. Rather nifty being able to see through doors.. and detecting "alignment" :D

FiEND_138
02-10-2006, 02:54 PM
^
I think he was saying "if it was available in K1 it would be useful here", or we're both just blind.

:D

PoiuyWired
02-14-2006, 02:56 PM
... even though most people and chattable NPC will turn out to be Neutral in alignment... unless its an obvious evil sith or something.

Shem
02-15-2006, 11:45 PM
Yeah, I see your point. For me personally, there are way too many gray people for it to be really effective.

ChAiNz.2da
02-16-2006, 05:34 AM
The only "real" use I've found for it is to look through doors/walls and see what is waiting for you... as determining alignment is pretty much a no-brainer..

"he's running at me with a sword and looking pissed.. hmm, maybe he wants to talk?" hehehe... :xp:

Still, I like the power.. just wish there were more opportunities to use it...