PDA

View Full Version : Deleting Posts in vB3

Sabretooth
12-21-2005, 09:47 AM
So how the hell do you delete posts in vB3? I've looked everywhere for the delete thingie, so where is it?

Darth333
12-21-2005, 11:46 AM
Select "Edit This" and you should see the option to delete.

The Doctor
12-21-2005, 04:45 PM
Speaking of deleting posts:

Sometimes, when I go back to a thread that I've posted in before, my earlier post(s) are gone. I think it's a moderator *cough*Insane Sith*cough*, but i have no way of knowing.

Darth333
12-21-2005, 05:01 PM
I and IS deleted some of your posts which were pointless and off-topic and perhaps others did so as well. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss it.

The Doctor
12-21-2005, 06:23 PM
I tried PMing you again D333, but it won't go through - my comp keep freezing, and percussive maintanence isn't helping...

You misunderstand me, I think. I know that it would be a stupid thing to ask to be told about every deleted post. Allow me to use the IS/Doctor Who example again:
When IS was deleting my posts, he never told me he was doing so. He just deleted them, leaving me to think that there was a problem with either my account or the thread. If I re-post something that you have deleted, please tell me when you delete it a second time.

Sorry if I was unclear.

Sabretooth
12-22-2005, 04:34 AM
Alright, got that, but sometimes, when I go to the editing place, I just don't see the 'delete' box, (including the resaon for deleting, button and all). It happens to me at the RC forums... strange.

Darth333
12-22-2005, 09:37 AM
Perhaps they use different forum permissions.

Rogue Nine
12-22-2005, 10:34 AM
Just looked into it. You should be able to delete your own posts at RC.net now.

RobQel-Droma
12-24-2005, 11:06 PM
All right, is there anyway to un-delete your posts? Because I just *gulp* accidently deleted a whole thread of mine in the Coruscant Entertainment thread, and I don't know how to get it back. I PMed stingerhs, but I don't think he is on LF at the moment.

RedHawke
12-24-2005, 11:10 PM
Was it the Path Of Betrayal thread?

Edit: I saw that it had to be that thread and went and undeleted it for you! :D

RobQel-Droma
12-24-2005, 11:23 PM
Yes! Now I won't have to rewrite it! *jumps for joy*

Oh, and in the words of a lost Mandalorian, or close to them: "Please don't mention this little incident, will you?" :D

Oops! I posted in the thread to make sure it was undeleted! Don't hurt me, I'll try to find something witty to say in that post! :D -RH