View Full Version : ModView ...
01-15-2006, 05:40 PM
Alright. Im basically sick of the idea that you can create or edit or whatever to .glm's or whatever the extention is. Im near giving up. I want to be able to take the screenies etc and look at my skins in Modview like everyone else = O
1) is there a tutorial
2) I think my modview didnt install right or somthing... :/
3) What program do u use to create a .glm
4) How the heck do u open a file like torso.jpg in Modview so u can lookinate at it O_O
01-15-2006, 08:08 PM
First, get Modview here - http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/ModelingSkinning_Guide_and_Tools;18807
1) Yes, there are three very good ones
http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/Baels_Skinning_Tutorial_Video;30553 (be sure to read the readme file.)
http://www.hapslash.com/base.html - click on Tutorials and then 'Working with Modview'
2) Just double click on Modview and click run
3) I used MD3 view to make my .glm file for the saber models I've made. It can be found in this pack here: http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/Software_Development_Kit_SDK_Editing_Tools;2433
4) You can't open image files in Modview. It's used to view models with the images applied to them. The tutorials I gave you will help you to do this.
This works for both JK2 and JKA. Hope I could help.
01-16-2006, 09:10 PM
Ok. Once again Ive been completely ignorant. After making this post, I played around with all those programs for about an hour. Then I found out that there was a readme with mod view, and that I needed to extract some stuff from the assets.pk3s.
I say: Oh. THAT COULD HELP.
Thanks guys, its all good now.
vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.