PDA

View Full Version : THE ULTIMATE MOD (1.2)!!!

augrunt
01-21-2006, 05:14 AM
Click here for giant image (http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/a/augrunt/14725/ecsjgesjuv.jpg)

Download it Here! (http://files.filefront.com/Steves_Ultimate_Mod_12rar/;4644261;;/fileinfo.html)

Changes in 1.2
- Acclamator added to the Starting Fleet for the Rebels
- 3 Ion Cannons Added
- 1 Power Generator Added
- 12 Slots for Hoth Added.

Bugs That Are Not Avoidable: Ion cannons do not fire in Space, the Button is disabled and cannot be undone. I hope someone else finds a way to do this.

augrunt
01-21-2006, 05:19 AM
Changes to Look forward to 1.3

Hyperspacing!
Ion Cannons Firing!

Symbolite
01-21-2006, 05:20 AM
Your the man

Gardius
01-21-2006, 05:23 AM
how do i install it i cant bring it to run HELP!!!

augrunt
01-21-2006, 05:26 AM
Just UNZIP it to Gamedata\Data directory...

Make sure FOLDER NAMES is ticked.

also, too double check you should then have Gamedata\data\xml and gamedata\data\art

good luck!

killerluk
01-21-2006, 05:49 AM
i think you went a bit overboard on the unit amount lol
i had a asteroid battlle i go in with 5 sd's, 2vd's, 3 moncal enemy had like 3 times that mount and insane amount of fighters

it makes it very very unorganised now i understand why petro made the pop cap lol
also i dont seem to ever be able to destroy the deathstar ?
i see it on galactic map but never seen it in space and cause of this i cant take the asteroid belt

augrunt
01-21-2006, 05:51 AM
yeah u can, the death star retreats as u defeat it... also, ill copy and paste about why you cannot see the death star... also the Fleet was to keep people busy, they kept complaining about how easy it was... but i always knew someone would complain about how dis-organized it woulda gotten lol.

augrunt
01-21-2006, 05:51 AM
The Death Star was never meant to be in the demo friend, all i did was give people the ability to blow up planets...

i thought it was kinda weird also, but who cares, ur blowing up planets on a demo!

the credits? yes... seems the max is 40k... so those extra 200k was to be spent on the death star. (as it counts as its free).

After a battle, and u won... just drag the death star to the BLOW UP PLANET section, just like Han has the Steal Credits.
(select an action below) ______________ Delete Message Quote Reply

killerluk
01-21-2006, 06:02 AM
the death star dont retreat from the asteroid belt for me though
it retreats on defeat at hoth but never from asteroid belt

maybe its possible to make 2 ultimate mods one with maybe double the normal unit cap other one with the current? (no idea how much the unit cap is current :s)

dont get me wrong i really really appreciate all the work you doing on this :)
but i think it might also be nice to see how the real game will be like in space since it wont have as huge space battle's in original game ? or will it :s

augrunt
01-21-2006, 06:03 AM
Trust me, u dont want that... the death star alone takes 50... and ur given 30 at the start.

Prototype
01-21-2006, 07:42 AM
Thanks for your work. Fun mod, stayed up all night playing it.

Minniboobs
01-21-2006, 10:13 AM
Have u considered altering unit scale on for the demo? Is it possible? eg. make the fighters a little smaller so the cap ships look abit bigger?

Scarlet
01-21-2006, 10:21 AM
I don't see why he would consider it; the scale is okay!

war450
01-21-2006, 10:43 AM
will we see the rest of the rebel units in 1.3 and build able ion cannons like the Bryant's Mod?

augrunt
01-21-2006, 10:59 AM
the Ion Cannons are buildable, but cannot fire into space... its pretty useless.

augrunt
01-21-2006, 11:00 AM
Also, What Rebel (Ground) Units would you like to be unlocked?

boranchistanger
01-21-2006, 11:05 AM
Downloaded it, trying it out now...

-Boran

The Death Star
01-21-2006, 11:24 AM
Oh, Id like to see the AT-ATS on the Demo (So the rebels can Build em)

christnet06
01-21-2006, 11:25 AM
I have installed the mod for playing empire and have a death star but surprisingly all planets are asteroids fiels during space battle and i can't see the death star in space whereas i have construct one !!

Can you help me ??? Have you the same problems ??

boranchistanger
01-21-2006, 11:37 AM
I'm having Death Star issues to.

I've played it and it's excellent. However, I think you need to adjust the population count for non-capital ships so we can actually build them! I was raped due to a lack of x wings and y wings.

Great job, keep up the work. Now I just want some new planets...

-Boran

Scarlet
01-21-2006, 11:47 AM
I have installed the mod for playing empire and have a death star but surprisingly all planets are asteroids fiels during space battle and i can't see the death star in space whereas i have construct one !!

Can you help me ??? Have you the same problems ??

Do you mean you can't see the Death Star in space battles? If so, then yeah, you can't see it anyway (I'm not sure whether this is due to the Demo or it will be the same in the final version) ... In order to blow up a planet; win the space battle then drag the Death Star into the ground assault slot.

boranchistanger
01-21-2006, 11:57 AM
I'm working on adjusting this to where you can play as the Empire (And have a challenge). Will post link when done.

-Boran

Cox_
01-21-2006, 12:45 PM
hmm cant see Death star but i win at the asterriods and i retreat back??? and i go back and they are strong again. (not as strong but strong)

Khameir
01-21-2006, 02:00 PM
Umm i downloaded the mod but how do u make it work. I have the demo and i am new so could u plz help me

jedimasterjesse
01-21-2006, 02:00 PM
Same, I just write it down to the fact that these guys have only had like 3 days to unlock half the frigggin game. I consider good work, although there's still more to be done.

Deathsith
01-21-2006, 05:08 PM
"hmm cant see Death star but i win at the asterriods and i retreat back??? and i go back and they are strong again. (not as strong but strong)"

same, how do u continue on?

jasonirma
01-21-2006, 06:10 PM
Okay...I am amazed at the mods and want to thank you all for the hard work. I loved the demo "as was"...I thought it was great.

But with this mod, my jaw dropped. That is amazing. Truly amazing. I could not get over the quality of this game. Thank you for the opportunity to see the game I cannot wait to own next month.

For those who are confused how to use the mods, when you use winrar you should simply read the "readme" files included. :)

Thank you again!

augrunt
01-21-2006, 07:56 PM
Im working on a new version asap. i will be getting a few x-wings in there to cap 0. and also adding Red Squadron.

boranchistanger
01-21-2006, 08:29 PM
Cant wait!

Mr.Guybrush II
01-21-2006, 08:53 PM
Ok i've tried playing it 3 times now, and each time i get nobbled in the asteroid level. Is anyone else finding this incredibally tough?

The lack of money is a serious issue, and the amount of ships they have on screen makes it extremely difficult to win. As soon as you jump in your being attacked.

I can take their fleet down by 60-75% but the lack of fighters makes it extremely tought to finish them off. Shame the ion cannon doesn't work. Would love to see it in action.

augrunt
01-21-2006, 09:02 PM
Alright, 1.3 is comming up. You have like 15 seconds to put ur fighters into the first fleet and build up more fighters... hope thats enough time, this was made to be challenging.!

HELLFIRE55
01-21-2006, 10:25 PM
HELP!!i downloaded the mod and cant start it!!I run it and nothing happens!!do i need the previus versions to run it??if so pls get me a link do download these

DarthLinde
01-21-2006, 11:32 PM
I can't get it to work either. It should look like gamedata/data/filename right? I don't think I have the gamedata\data\xml or gamedata\data\art. Can I download those? I'm so confused! lol

Kurgan
01-30-2006, 07:33 PM
When starting threads of this kind, perhaps you could shrink down that giant image, since it throws off the horizontal borders of the thread, and since all it is is the main screen with "The Ultimate Mod" scrawled across it... it doesn't NEED to be that huge. Right? ;)