PDA

View Full Version : Newb Needs some help

Vermel
01-22-2006, 02:36 PM
Goodafternoon.

I tried adding the chriz4_mod but it does not seem to work. I have downloaded Winwar winzip.

This is what I do, I download the file, then unzip it to desktop and it shows as chriz_mod4 it is a RAR file 10,724 KB. I then drag this into the games data directory following this path C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War Demo\GameData\Data and start the game and it's the same old demo???
I don't see any other ships to build or a research building nothing.
I'm stuck please help.

Thanks
Vermel

ovion
01-22-2006, 02:42 PM
You don't move the actual .rar file. You have to extract the file/s in them. Its either a XML file and a ART or just a xml. extract these 2 folders to the gamedata/data folder. Just right click on the .rar file and press extract to...
then it should work

shadowsfm
01-22-2006, 02:49 PM
dont forget to put the swmod.exe in the game data folder, not the data folder

Vermel
01-22-2006, 02:51 PM
You don't move the actual .rar file. You have to extract the file/s in them. Its either a XML file and a ART or just a xml. extract these 2 folders to the gamedata/data folder. Just right click on the .rar file and press extract to...
then it should work

When I right click on the RAR file their is no option to extract. it does offer to open to winzip. but this deos not work for me. I'm sorry I'm a bit of a rock with these things

shadowsfm
01-22-2006, 02:53 PM
go to google and look up winrar or rar

Vermel
01-22-2006, 03:04 PM
Figured it out, I downloaded winzip not winrar.. duh

Jmaster3265
01-22-2006, 03:57 PM
So you need to have a unzip program for mods to work? Which one is best to download? i never knew you need a program for mods. I thought. Can anyone help me this is confusing i've never have used or downloaded mods.

DanteRenEvo
01-22-2006, 04:56 PM
http://www.rarlabs.com/ <-- winrar, opens 99% of the compressed file formats that are commercial.