PDA

View Full Version : Bryant's & Grey_Ghost's Mod V2.6G

Grey_Ghost
01-27-2006, 08:29 AM
********NEWEST VERSION 2.6G********

This is possibly the last Release of Grey_Ghost's & Bryant's Mod. This mod edits the EaW Demo WITHOUT tampering with the exe file in any way.

******--HOW TO INSTALL:-- ******

REMOVE PREVIOUS VERSIONS: Delete the XML & Scripts Folder that is in your Star Wars Empire at War Demo\Gamedata\Data\ Folder

Copy the XML & Scripts Folder that is in the Zip to your Star Wars Empire at War Demo\Gamedata\Data\ Folder

To Play as the Empire Copy the Files From ...Demo\Gamedata\Data\XML\** Universe Empire Full Tech\ and past them into the XML Folder.
To Play the Level 1 Empire Copy the Files From ...Demo\Gamedata\Data\XML\** Universe Empire Tech 1\ and past them into the XML Folder.
To Play as the Rebels Copy the Files From ...Demo\Gamedata\Data\XML\** Universe Rebel Full Tech\ and past them into the XML Folder.
To Play the Level 1 Rebels Copy the Files From ...Demo\Gamedata\Data\XML\** Universe Rebel Tech 1\ and past them into the XML Folder.
**Insert the size of the Galactic Universe you wish to play in

To Uninstall:
Delete the XML & Scripts Folder that is in your Star Wars Empire at War Demo\Gamedata\Data\ Folder

__=Version 2.6G Changes:=__

--Change | Reason / Notes--

Added a Reduced Galactic Map Option | Guess which folders they are in.

Space Retreat Added | Info on a similar method for adding Space Retreat to a Mod found "HERE (http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?topic=2204.0)"
I take no credit for this, but its nice to have it in.

Rebel Artillery added back in while playing as Rebel | Rebel A.I. denied vehicle cause it doesn't use it well
Usually they just roll it up next units and just sit there waiting to die.

Slightly Altered Rebel Artillery available when playing as Empire | This is NOT like the SPM-AT! Has different projectile graphics
It's a "Just for fun" unit. A.I. Cannot build this for reason listed above. Spotter Droids are not included. Your not forced to use it.

The Venetors now carry a small compliment of V-Wings.

Empire can build Gravwell's again | since retreat was added

Level 2-5 Star Base Weapons Boosted

AT-AA Land Offensive Power Slightly Reduced | Pretty sure it isn't meant to be that powerful against Grounded Targets

If you find the game too hard even on Easy, then delete the file named DIFFICULTYADJUSTMENTS.XML in the XML directory
The game will use it's default settings

Imperial Star Destroyers & MonCalimari Cruisers can only be built on either MonCalimari, Kuat, Fondor, or Sullust.
A Level 1 Space Station or higher is required.

Empire can only build Hutt Palaces on Atzerri, Nal Hutta, Ryloth, & Tatooine (Bounty Hunters) depending on Universe size.

Rebels can only build Cantinas on Abregado Rae, Atzerri, Corellia, Nal Hutta, Ryloth, & Tatooine (Smugglers) depending on Universe size.

Using the STOP button while selecting Snowspeeders WILL CRASH the game. Once they start flying, don't try to stop them.
They will constanly circle where you tell them to move once they get there. So far there haven't been any problems for when the
A.I. uses them.

When Playing as Rebels and invading a Planet the game might cause an exception, Alt-Tab to the error box and hit CANCEL,
then Tab back into the game. You should be able to continue playing. It's doesn't happen when using the RAID slot.
Personally I have not had this happen in any of my recent Tests.

Game may crash when Exiting the game | I have no idea why, but it's not critical.

Tornados can drive you insane | I loathe those Frelling things! If only I knew how to remove them.
Getting tired of the Rancor as well. Seriously, someone find out how to get rid of the Tornados!

Download 2.6g HERE (http://home.comcast.net/~vallore/other/Bryants-and-Grey_Ghosts-Mod-V2.6G.zip) 480KB
I currently have no where to host this semi-permanently.

Mod not working? Make sure you installed it properly. Here is a picture that may help you.
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/6039/folders.gif
Please Post any Bugs or Issues in this thread

Grey_Ghost
01-27-2006, 09:01 AM
The Research/Steal Tech is in and fully tested by myself. Those Rebels really love the Snowspeeder, maybe a little too much.

Sorry about the limited amount of Systems, I will add more planets in the next version or as a small update. Just wanted to get this out so it can be played without the AI crashing the game because of the pirates.

KhaosNite
01-27-2006, 09:32 AM
Nonetheless, even with a small amount of planets, it can still be a challenge. In my 2 battles with the Priates and Imperials in 2.1 I lost about half my fleet on medium. I had a bout a dozen fighter squads, and was down to corvettes and cruisers

Grey_Ghost
01-27-2006, 09:49 AM
Yeah, too bad I had to remove the Pirates. I'll make sure to add them back in (space only) when I make a new Galactic layout. I should of left the Space Pirates in the Full Tech setups, but I wasn't thinking. Only needed to be removed for the Tech 1's so they can steal tech.

BTW added an optional download for the Full Universe featured in 2.0G. I can't imagine anyone ever finishing it with no Saves, but just incase anyone liked it.

***The Optional D/L had a small error, please get it again if you done so previously,

StarFadedBlack
01-27-2006, 12:12 PM
Grey I must say I appreciate your persistance in trying to give the best mod experience. Its much appreciated by me and Im sure many others. Awsome update by the way.

Empirecitizen
01-27-2006, 12:43 PM
I like the linear map more but why are the A.I. ( both empire and rebel) are much less aggressive than before? We can handle them easier coz there is only one battlefront.

Also, why is the rebel A.I. building so many officer? it keeps building them and its very annoying to start a space combat just to clear them.

Ra2er
01-27-2006, 03:10 PM
I like new mods, especially updates which repair the bugs in earlier versions :). Keep it up, the mods are great!
Got any plans for making a mod for the final game?

Captain_Brian
01-27-2006, 03:38 PM
The AI isn't very agressive at all in mine either. :( And the empire only built one type of ship over and over and over. Is it a bug with the 1st level tech version? I'll try the full tech one instead...

brownassociate
01-27-2006, 03:42 PM
Is retreating included in 2.2g? The empire mod has it, so would there be anyway to combine the two?

Vermel
01-27-2006, 03:56 PM
Is there a way to slow down the firing rate of the planetery Ion cannon, it seems a bit to much. I have had entire fleets rendered useless by it. After that it's simply a fighter duel.

buckshot12
01-27-2006, 04:29 PM
This mod has so much promise, but the rebel IA on mine is building 2 mon cal and then 100 fleet oficers...so it sucks, I just roll over the RA every time

Captain_Brian
01-27-2006, 04:41 PM
I tried as empire and I had the same problem as the poster above of the rebel ai building 2 mon cal and then 100's of fleet officers. This looks like a really kick ass mod, but this version seems critically bugged. :(

buckshot12
01-27-2006, 05:05 PM
totally man, screw more planets, just fix the bug and you've got a great struggle going over kessle...please fix this...like...TEN MINUTES AGO! j/k thanks to all the modders for doing what they do... NOW FIX IT!

Captain_Brian
01-27-2006, 05:08 PM
http://rapidshare.de/files/11971451/Bryant_s___Grey_Ghost_s_Mod_V2.2G_UNOFFICIAL_PATCH 1.zip.html

Here is a fix I made for the fleet officer/aggression bug. Works as empire, haven't tried as rebels yet...

UPDATE: Dang, nevermind. This doesn't work as a fix. :( Weird, on my first game it worked great and they attacked immediately...

buckshot12
01-27-2006, 05:51 PM
didn't work, now the rebs dont build anything

Goldenshadow
01-27-2006, 06:25 PM
I was playing on the full galaxy as empire from tech 1. I got to tech 4 and I owned half the galaxy and fortified the line of systems with 2 ISD and a hyper velocity gun on each of those systems. Then I just waited and built up my forces for a while. then the rebels attacked my weakest system with this massive fleet which must have had over 200 ships at first. tons of corvettes, missile ship, gunboats, and frigates. I had 2 ISDs and a level 1 space station and the hypervelocity gun allowed them to destroy a hell of a lot of that fleet. but in the end I lost due to the massive number of missles flying around damaging my ISDs

After I lose, I had a system nearby with 4 ISDs so I attacked that planet and used the hypervelocity gun to take out all of their ships one by one. I started with the gunboats and missile cruisers first since they were the highest threat. Once those were gone. my 4 ISD was easily fending off wave after wave of nebuland B frigates. the rbels had 57 frigates at the start of the battle and I killed a lot of them, but I'll never know since the game cashed in the middle of that battle.

The only issue I have and the reason I am posting is that I didn't see the rebels building any mon cal cruisers. They had fondor and sullust, while I had mon calimari

DarkArjapa
01-27-2006, 07:37 PM
The only issue I have and the reason I am posting is that I didn't see the rebels building any mon cal cruisers. They had fondor and sullust, while I had mon calimari

Imperial Star Destroyers & MonCalimari Cruisers can only be built on either Kuat or
MonCalimari with a Level 4 Starbase.
Maybe that's why?

Vermel
01-27-2006, 07:54 PM
You know one of the things that I'm concerned about is that the real game will take all the fun out of a major victory like the one mentioned above. So even if you destroy 100+ ships it would appear as if you will gain no intiative at all, for the AI will replace them in quick order.

Captain_Brian
01-27-2006, 08:09 PM
I tested all of the player empire VS AI rebels files, but all of them have the "rebel ai produces lots of fleet commanders" bug. Also, nothing I've done has been able to fix it. How do you disable the damn things!? I tried setting the "tech_level" to "99" for the units AND the "officer academy" but somehow the ai STILL builds them. :(

Grey_Ghost
01-27-2006, 08:18 PM
Just when I think I am out the Bugs just keep pullin me back in!

MonCalimari cruisers can be built on MonCalimari, Kuat, Fondor, and Sullust. I just shortened it in the patch notes cause the small universe didn't have the other 2 planets.

Those Damned Fleet Officers:
I will Limit the MAX Number that the AI is allowed to make to 2 Units total, both Field and Fleet.

Those God Canno..er I mean Ion Cannon:
I will reduce the rate-of-fire BIG time. I'll do it for the Hypervelocity as well, I just need to test and make sure it works.

Retreating:
I think those mods unlock it with that hacked EXE file. You might be able to copy my mod over Chriz's mods to get it to work. It's set to be allowed in my XML files, but once it recharges, it stays greyed out. Give it a try and let me know if that works.

Tech 1 AI:
I've yet to play a full game beyond testing that Tech works. However, I will give the Empire AI a research center to start, which will hopefully Fix that problem.

Captain_Brian
01-27-2006, 08:24 PM
Grey_Ghost, I've already tried limiting the MAX # of fleet officers to 3, which is what that patch I originally posted did. However, for some reason the ai ignores it and builds a crapload anyway. :( (Unless you have a different way of doing it than mine...)

Btw, you are awesome for doing this mod.

Grey_Ghost
01-27-2006, 09:15 PM
Grey_Ghost, I've already tried limiting the MAX # of fleet officers to 3, which is what that patch I originally posted did. Already added a new version, I'll see if it does ignore the limit.

Grimscythe
01-27-2006, 09:39 PM
This mod is awesome!

The only qualm I have is the AI.
It's WAY too easy. Even on hard difficulty, as either rebels or imperials, all I had to do was rush all the planets with the initial fleet. Once I did that I only fight the one space and ground battle on Hoth/Byss which is far too easy since for the space battle I have around 30 MonCal's/ISD's and for the ground battle I have 50 or 60 Assault Speeders/AT-AT's. I find it odd that the AI takes so long to mobilize their initial force. Is there anyway to change this?

LSD25
01-27-2006, 09:43 PM
I love it!

but...

IMPS: AT-AT's and something that can take out air units, even plex...

REBS: artillery... turbo lasers are a bich y0!

Grey_Ghost
01-27-2006, 09:51 PM
Use Rockets on T4b Tanks, though not during a sand storm

THE AI GOT FUBARED
I'm not sure what happened. I'll fix it as soon as I figure it out.

wswordsmen
01-28-2006, 12:23 AM
I was playing the empire tech 1 campagin and I had just conquered every planet but Hoth (no combat) and was conslidating my forces at the next planet from and somehow at what seemed like an arbetrary time I got an exception. (Nothing had just finshed on my side the game)

Empirecitizen
01-28-2006, 02:13 AM
So, someone has tried out the hypervelocity gun. How does it work?
Is it more godly than the ion cannon? i never got a chance to use them coz the A.I. only attacked me once with 2 squads Y-wings.

Grey_Ghost
01-28-2006, 02:33 AM
Ion disables ships, the Hypervelocity gun out right destroys them. It packs a mean punch.

I'm starting to feel that by the time I'm finally done working on this, the game will have hit the shelves. I just hope I can get the AI off it's arse so I myself can actually play it...sigh.

Empirecitizen
01-28-2006, 03:53 AM
Played the new version in small map with empire full tech,
the Rebel AI ignores the limit and they are still dumb
Reducing the firing rate of the ion cannons/hypervelocity gun is ok, but not buildable? then we wont have a chance to use them. Maybe make it a bit more expensive.

Grey_Ghost
01-28-2006, 11:20 AM
Apparently the small map is somehow responsible for the unstoppable Fleet Commanders and unresponsive Empire AI. Try playing the big universe.

I'm working on another update, so far the Rebels build tons Speeders and Infiltrators. Meh...

SFRMAINE
01-28-2006, 11:55 AM
i really like your mod however like many other posters have said the AI sometimes never fights or takes other planets.

BTW when i play as the imperials how to you get the ISD? i have built the research facility but i still cannot build them, even with my space stations at level 6.

Grimscythe
01-28-2006, 12:21 PM
Where's the Full Universe version?

sherlockemery
01-28-2006, 01:18 PM
It's in the XML folder of the mod. It has the words Full Universe (faction/tech level) type name for it's respective file.

Can't we use one of the old difficulty files that worked from an earlier version?

Leron
01-28-2006, 01:28 PM
you cannot build ISD while you dont have some of planets(read the information abut ISD in the tech list) as soo as you capture one of that planets, you can build that Capital ships

Admiral Sith
01-28-2006, 02:16 PM
Apparently the small map is somehow responsible for the unstoppable Fleet Commanders and unresponsive Empire AI. Try playing the big universe.

No, some of the mods activate the Galactic AI its not the big universe

sherlockemery
01-28-2006, 02:51 PM
No, some of the mods activate the Galactic AI its not the big universe

So, would one of the old difficulty/ai files from this mod work?

IC_zewi
01-28-2006, 04:18 PM
So, would one of the old difficulty/ai files from this mod work?
It might, i havent looked at the all the files.. but u can try it just make sure u save before trying it!!!

Goldenshadow
01-28-2006, 04:58 PM
Nerfing the planetary ion cannon and hypervelocity gun recharge is fine, but removing the ability to build more is not fair. How often does the home planet ever get attacked.

And can you increase the AI aggresiveness once you get it to work again. I can pretty easily overpower the enemy right now since it usually waits to attack me until it has gotten a huge fleet which is unnessesarily large.

and see about activating space retreating

IC_zewi
01-28-2006, 05:16 PM
Nerfing the planetary ion cannon and hypervelocity gun recharge is fine, but removing the ability to build more is not fair. How often does the home planet ever get attacked.

And can you increase the AI aggresiveness once you get it to work again. I can pretty easily overpower the enemy right now since it usually waits to attack me until it has gotten a huge fleet which is unnessesarily large.

and see about activating space retreating

try this i changed a few thigs in the AI.. and tell me what u think.. i might have missed a few things as i only tested it for about 15min!!!

http://www.geocities.com/tpoz34/IMPROVEDAI.zip

Three60
01-28-2006, 06:58 PM
Good job! This is my favorite mod for this game now.
Why did the Imps just sit on Coruscant while I took over the entire galaxy (Full Universe)? I fought the main fleet twice, both different games, and the fleet never changes size. The harderst part was thinking of how to destroy the power generator once on land. Don't get me wrong, the fight itself was hard, but they just sat on Coruscant.

Grey_Ghost
01-28-2006, 07:35 PM
I never touched the AI file, Bryan't already boosted it to the level people complained it was too hard.

The small universe is responsible for the endless Fleet Commanders. I don't know why, but it only happens there in my latest tests. Also the Empire AI seems to just go into a super build up phase for an attack it will NEVER run. The version of the large universe that works are ones where the Empire AI starts with a few planets, which seems to get them going.

I will make the Ion/Hypervel buildable again. I disabled it for AI reasons, but I no longer need to do that. However if you want the AI to build them, I need to remove the Power Generator requirement, since the AI won't build build them(and that's the one thing that has remained untouched).

Three60
01-28-2006, 07:45 PM
Okay, just played again with the patch for difficulty, and I have to say it was harder. They killed all my capital ships. And fighters, and most everything else. I won, but it killed tons.
But still, why don't they expand off of Coruscant? I played a mod where they tried to attack me, could you see if that's possible? That' smy only problem. I took the entire galaxy with an X-Wing and 1 Trooper. They never did anything.

Grey_Ghost
01-28-2006, 09:14 PM
New Release Coming soon. It will be a Major one functionality wise. I've Tricked the AI into making Power Generators, and therefore they build shields, Ions, etc.. logically! I think this next one will be the best. However, it will only be the Full Universe, and each side starts out with several planets. Also, a Level 1 Space Station will be able to build all Space Ships, for AI reasons.

Goldenshadow
01-28-2006, 10:43 PM
Does the agressive AI patch make them harder in the tactical battles, or on the galactic map? Because I was wanting the galactic AI to be tougher too.

If that AI aggresiveness patch from a few posts up works ( I haven't tried it yet) Can incorporate that too.

BTW, why isn't Kuat in the full universe.

And I think I've built shield generators on planets before without making a power generator. There was a power generator on the tactical land map, but not on the galactic map

IC_zewi
01-28-2006, 10:49 PM
Does the agressive AI patch make them harder in the tactical battles, or on the galactic map? Because I was wanting the galactic AI to be tougher too.

If that AI aggresiveness patch from a few posts up works ( I haven't tried it yet) Can incorporate that too.

BTW, why isn't Kuat in the full universe.

And I think I've built shield generators on planets before without making a power generator. There was a power generator on the tactical land map, but not on the galactic map

try it out like i said i only tested it for about 15min...i no Three60 tested through the hole game.. test it out let me no if i need to fix a few things i need feed back to no what needs to be changed or what does not for the AI!!

Grey_Ghost
01-28-2006, 11:56 PM
Bryant's 2.0 removed Kuat. Not sure why, but I already put it back in the list.

I don't know if IC_zweki's AI tweak does antyhing for the small universe, but it really doesn't matter. Since there is no stopping the endless Fleet Commander bug, seriously something very odd is going on there.

Iamme
01-29-2006, 12:35 AM
Ghost, do you have a AI folder in you XML override folder?
If so, try deleting it.

PS: How'd you trick the AI into building generators?

IC_zewi
01-29-2006, 01:51 AM
Thanku to Bryant's & Grey_Ghost's for this great MOD..

Grey_Ghost
01-29-2006, 07:24 AM
Yes I have an AI folder, but not when the bugs started. New nersion requires certain AI files/lua scripts that must be used for the AI to work well.

Making them cost 10,000creds is a fix? Punishes the player

New update about to go up!
DO NOT USE ANY OF THESE PATCHWORK FIXES WITH NEW VERSION!
Certain key names have changed and will they WILL NOT be compatible, or needed anymore.

Post in the new thread once it is up please.

KhaosNite
01-29-2006, 10:01 AM
Seeing as how your other NEW thread was closed, Id consider changing this to match what you posted before.

By the way, I was playing the Empire Full Tech with 2.5 and the rebels were atacking me in many directions ON EASY. Although with a bit of editing I made my ISD's spawn about 10 tie fighters and 5 bomber squadrons which was really laggy. maybe make the Easy AI not so hard ina 2.5.1 or something. Think 1 ISD/system is enough don't yah think? since the AI is so tough

Vermel
01-29-2006, 12:16 PM
Is there only two speeds for gameplay? Or could I slow down the galactic time a bit more. The rebels spread very quickly while I'm simply putting a fleet together. The mod is great. Also if you play tech 1 do you get to research to full tech?

Admiral Sith
01-29-2006, 02:52 PM
I get the exception, and when i Alt-Tab out and press cancel the game wont let me Alt-Tab back in and crashes, same with retry

JamieEAWFiles
01-29-2006, 02:53 PM
I've mirrored this file at http://empireatwar.filefront.com/ for you :)

Grey_Ghost
01-29-2006, 07:28 PM
Seeing as how your other NEW thread was closed, Id consider changing this to match what you posted before.
Meh, if that thread gets deleted I will.

By the way, I was playing the Empire Full Tech with 2.5 and the rebels were atacking me in many directions ON EASY.
Does anyone read the patch notes? They have always contained information on restoring the default difficulty levels.

If you find the game too hard even on Easy, then delete the file named DIFFICULTYADJUSTMENTS.XML in the XML directory
The game will use it's default settings

I get the exception, and when i Alt-Tab out and press cancel the game wont let me Alt-Tab back in and crashes, same with retry
When invading? I myself haven't had that happen for a long while.

Is there only two speeds for gameplay? Also if you play tech 1 do you get to research to full tech?
Yes you can slow down the speed of the game, it's in the game under Options/Game. Yes you can research to full tech playing the Tech 1 universe. Rebels use C3PO/R2D2 to steal tech from Empire. Empire uses research facilities.

wswordsmen
01-30-2006, 05:47 PM
You might want to know that the speed of fleet commanders is to high/shiled recharge to fast/shield to fast.

I was being stupid and attacking an uncharted planet with an AT-AT a singal enemy fleet commander defended it (btw they still build lots of them spread out over the galixy) it took the 3 transports and an AT-AT barage well over an hour to kill it. Had I attacked with a storm trooper the battle would have never ended.

halcyon36
01-30-2006, 06:34 PM
great mod
attacked kamino w/ 7 imp stars 3 vics and 5 tartans, killed enemy defenders in 5 min, spent the next 20 hunting down about 200 transports that were circling the map

Grey_Ghost
01-30-2006, 06:52 PM
You might want to know that the speed of fleet commanders is to high/shiled recharge to fast/shield to fast.
Hero units that aren't attached to capital ships fly in special shuttles. I know the above situation sucks, but I really don't want to nerf those shuttles. If only I knew a way to get Space Retreat working.

Yeah they still make fleet commanders, but I've yet to see 60 of them in one system. I personally have rarely seen them at all.

great mod
attacked kamino w/ 7 imp stars 3 vics and 5 tartans, killed enemy defenders in 5 min, spent the next 20 hunting down about 200 transports that were circling the mapEven with time Fast Forward?

Just to be clear, this isn't my doing, just the way the Demo came. However if this is a really big problem, then I will look into turning these into fodder.

sven8136
01-30-2006, 08:03 PM
Dunno if this is fixable, but just had to quit a game because of an invulnerable/invisible space station in orbit around alderon that I couldn't destroy. It showed up on mini-map but wouldn't blow up. Captial ships wouldn't attack it, but my tie fights/bombers where shooting at something where it was suppose to be. I was Empire vs Rebel by the way.

sherlockemery
01-30-2006, 08:12 PM
Was Ackbar removed? When I play in full universe rebel tech level 1, he's not available...

Haven't tried any other of the mod options though...

Ra2er
01-30-2006, 08:15 PM
Sven, I have a solution to the space station problem...
Here's the link to my post: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=159413

Grey_Ghost
01-30-2006, 08:38 PM
Dunno if this is fixable, but just had to quit a game because of an invulnerable/invisible space station in orbit around alderon that I couldn't destroy.All space stations use the Level 1 model & hardpoints. They should not be invisible. Are you using version 2.5G?

Was Ackbar removed? When I play in full universe rebel tech level 1, he's not available...Yeah I removed Piet and Ackbar from level 1 tech games. To add him back add the folowing in the CAMPAIGNS_SINGLEPLAYER.XML file your using among other such lines.

<Starting_Forces> Rebel, MonCalimari, Home_One </Starting_Forces>
<Starting_Forces> Empire, Coruscant, Piet_Team </Starting_Forces>

sherlockemery
01-30-2006, 08:59 PM
OK! Thanks for the quick reply!

toro45
01-30-2006, 10:08 PM
Can you build the ventors in this mod??

Grey_Ghost
01-30-2006, 10:13 PM
Yes both sides have the Venetor

quickymart
01-30-2006, 10:14 PM
no

General Nuke Em
01-30-2006, 10:29 PM
Grey, looking through your XML code in the campaign folder, if you wanted the tech1 rebels to start with headhunters it should look like
<Starting_Forces> Rebel, Sullust, Z95_Rebel_Headhunter_Squadron </Starting_Forces>
and not
<Starting_Forces> Rebel, Hoth, Z95_Headhunter_Rebel_Squadron </Starting_Forces>
I believe, because
Z95_Headhunter_Rebel_Squadron
is what the unit is called in the squadrons.xml file. Because I sure didn't notice any Z95 headhunters in my starting forces when playing Rebels.

Hope that helps. :)

sherlockemery
01-30-2006, 11:24 PM
Hey guys, I've got another question for you.

If I wanted my Venator's to spawn X-wings, what would I need to change in the UniqueUnits.xml file? Currently my file in regards to the Venator looks like this:

I've also been thinking of adding a Turbolaser or two, but haven't gotten that far....

Thanks!

Edit: I uploaded way to much script, had to cut that down as it would have been annoying to read. Let me know if you need to see more...

Edit #2: Just removed the annoying code, as I got my question answered.

shmacdonald's
01-30-2006, 11:30 PM
Are the rebel's artillery still out? If so, how do you add them back in?

toro45
01-31-2006, 07:26 PM
How come i cant play the rebs. Im tired of the imps but everytime i try to put rebel full tech or rebel tech 1 it makes me play as the empire.Ive tryed un-installing and deleting the XML file and replacing it. NOTHING WORKS!!

Ra2er
01-31-2006, 07:59 PM
If only I knew a way to get Space Retreat working.

Grey_Ghost I've heard from many people that the retreat option is enabled in the Empire mod which uses Chriz's .exe file. I'm not sure how you'd get hold of that but the retreat option may work then.

Just a thought...

kalasas
01-31-2006, 09:16 PM
yo this demo map sucks, i j got the new v 5, and it doesnt have any new maps?? wtc??

Three60
01-31-2006, 09:30 PM
I'm confused... V 5 of what?
Anyway, can't wait to see the update!

How come i cant play the rebs. Im tired of the imps but everytime i try to put rebel full tech or rebel tech 1 it makes me play as the empire.Ive tryed un-installing and deleting the XML file and replacing it. NOTHING WORKS!!

I don't know, I've played Rebels. Not Imp yet, but I got rebel.

quickymart
01-31-2006, 09:41 PM
yo this demo map sucks, i j got the new v 5, and it doesnt have any new maps?? wtc??

if you anything about anything you would know this demo only came with one space map and one land map for the galatic conquest. There are no other maps because they were not in the demo...so you suck and this mod rules

Goldenshadow
01-31-2006, 09:53 PM
I got space retreating working! Follow this thread's instructions. http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?topic=2193.0

Not sure who gets the credit here. The thread has a discussion about it though.

Anyway, Grey Ghost, you should add it to your mod now!

kalasas
01-31-2006, 11:43 PM
if you anything about anything you would know this demo only came with one space map and one land map for the galatic conquest. There are no other maps because they were not in the demo...so you suck and this mod rules

ok dumbass you can make ur own maps when you mod the game. Dont say you cant because you can and i have seen them.

quickymart
02-01-2006, 12:00 AM
ok dumbass you can make ur own maps when you mod the game. Dont say you cant because you can and i have seen them.

show me new maps then, pics or the mod works...thanks

edit: just to make something clear, i want to see player created maps, nothing that was already in the demo...thanks again

DS_Vespidbat
02-01-2006, 12:19 AM
dont know y ur actually arguing with quicky because he was informing u that there was only 1 space and land map.if u would use the others(in the turitials) some units would be on the wrong side and wouldnt work

Grey_Ghost
02-01-2006, 12:21 AM
How come i cant play the rebs.Works for me, and your the only one who's said anything about this, you must have it installed wrong or something.

Grey, looking through your XML code in the campaign folder, if you wanted the tech1 rebels to start with headhunters it should look like
Must be left over from Bryant, opps. Personally I don't think it's critical the Rebs get a free Z95 squad or not, but I will change it if I release another version.

Now that Retreating is out in the open, I might add an optional download that adds that in as well as Rebel Artillery while playing as the Rebels. I'm waiting to see if I can get the Imperial Arty working using the Rebs model.

Keep is civil please. Are you talking about the Galactic Map or the Space/Land battle maps?

boc120
02-01-2006, 01:01 AM
Please do incorporate space retreat, if it wouldn't be too much trouble. Thanks in advance.

Resonance
02-01-2006, 01:48 AM
Hey, im having trouble with this mod, i have tried installing it but when i run the game it doesnt change over. i followed the instructions given in the read me but it still doesnt work, could some one help me?

Chemmy
02-01-2006, 01:57 AM
Thanks Ghost, without the tow cables for snowspeeders we kind of need artillery to take out AT-ATs :( Damn AT ATs :(.

Grey_Ghost
02-01-2006, 02:01 AM
If it's in the right folders there shouldn't be a problem, here is a picture, hope it helps.
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/6039/folders.gif

Resonance
02-01-2006, 02:13 AM
ok i see my problem now, thanks alot

Grey_Ghost
02-01-2006, 05:51 AM
Thanks Ghost, without the tow cables for snowspeeders we kind of need artillery to take out AT-ATsEh? When I tested it the cable attack worked. A.I. even took out one of my AT-AT's when I forgot to bring an AT-AA in one of my test sessions.

Master_Cain
02-01-2006, 06:05 AM
I got space retreating working! Follow this thread's instructions. http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?topic=2193.0

Not sure who gets the credit here. The thread has a discussion about it though.

Me and NMA ;)

Chemmy
02-01-2006, 08:28 AM
Eh? When I tested it the cable attack worked. A.I. even took out one of my AT-AT's when I forgot to bring an AT-AA in one of my test sessions.

Huh, when I tried it 3 of my speeders just flew in circles around it for a while and then were shot down in seconds by the at-AA. Maybe I should try it again without the AA shooting them down!

Ra2er
02-01-2006, 10:07 AM
Cable attack doesn't work for me either. I've tried it in many different situations and it doesn't work...

Three60
02-01-2006, 12:47 PM
I'm assuming that they look like A-Wings since the speeder model wasn't in there, but could that be the problem?

DarthMaulUK
02-01-2006, 01:29 PM
I've just managed to download this mod myself and have a quick play. I'm back on broadband after my move but trying to find the time to play this outstanding Mod and update the website is a trick I have to master fast!

Great work guys. It has really opened the demo up and I just cant wait for the full release because I intend to take time off work to play!

DMUK

Grey_Ghost
02-01-2006, 01:42 PM
I've seen them take down an AT-AT with cables more then a few times. AT-AA slaughter speeders, so probably would not happen when they are around. I remember there being a short buildup to the action.

********NEW VERSION ADDED********: Check the first post for notes D/L.

Lest someone finds a way to make new Land/Space maps, this may be my last update. Unless it requires a bug fix. Happy hunting!

BTW I'd like to thank everyone who has given kind words and advice on this Mod. I hope it tides you over untill SWEaW's final release day.

Empirecitizen
02-01-2006, 01:45 PM
The cables not working?
I managed to save my AT-AT form a speeder ,which is tieing it up with the cable ,with my AT-AA.
And in older versions before, the pirates killed one of my ATAT with speeder.
They work for me

boc120
02-01-2006, 01:46 PM
You're my hero Grey_Ghost. With space retreat added to everything else, this mod is by far the best out there. Thanks for all the hard work!

Chemmy
02-01-2006, 01:56 PM
Thanks a lot for all your work ghost and bryant, this is by far the best mod out there.

shmacdonald's
02-01-2006, 02:48 PM
Great update, thanks. Cables work okay for me too, even though sometimes I have to reissue the order.

gswift
02-01-2006, 03:21 PM
If your speeders wont use cables, it's probably because the AT-AT is actually the major hero that's immune to cable attack. I thought my cables were not working at first, but they work fine when I'm not attacking that one guy (I think it's General Veers?)

baraghIV
02-01-2006, 08:18 PM
awesome update, and the oodles of included data files (especially hardpoints.xml) are much appreciated :)

Three60
02-01-2006, 10:33 PM
This... is awsome. Minus some graphics and the other pieces of the game, this is the same as the normal game. Great job!

PRJ_Master
02-02-2006, 01:34 PM
(I'm posting this here because I'm using Bryant's 2.6g mod)

This has happened to me a couple times....the imps are invading my planet, and they call down a tie bomber run. Okay, not a big problem....I pull my troops out of the way. Then, immediately afterwards, they get ANOTHER tie bomber run. How do they do this, and, more importantly in my mind, how do I get to do it?

EDIT: also, I'm pretty sure that some planets don't have trade routes....not sure which ones....I'll give you a list after I play it again.

Ryebread
02-02-2006, 05:04 PM
It must be a bug due to modding the demo. Live with it for another 14 days and then play the real deal.

Slocket
02-02-2006, 06:45 PM
I played it straight for 10 hours without a crash. Very stable and works well. Good work. I only wish there was a savegame button!

DS_Vespidbat
02-02-2006, 08:10 PM
16 hours for me :D(not in one day but seperatley)with out a crash
This mod is by far the best one. I really like that u guys dont add other things in there*cough SSD* thats just crazy.Keep it original and that what u guy have done.So i tip my hat towards u guys

But one thing i have notice when playing empire is that the rebels would make tons of bomber,about 15+to be exact,and they would have lots of vehicles too(forgot their names).

-=++=-

Grey_Ghost
02-02-2006, 08:18 PM
PRJ_Master: Ryebread is probably right on the money. I don't remember experiencing this myself, but I damn near build a Shutter Shield on every planet. 8P

I'm looking forward to playing more diverse fields! Oh, Tornadoed Sand Fest that is Tatooine, how I loathe thee.

Crashless play: Awesome, that's what I've worked so hard on this Mod for.

A.I.: I didn't tweak the default values, but they do build a wider range when playing at Tech 1 (as they climb the Tech ladder). Full Tech just goes after the extreme "Why build an AT-ST when you can build an AT-AT?". That's why I play Tech 1 games, for some variety.

Goldenshadow
02-02-2006, 11:42 PM
If you read carefully on the snow speeder's tow cable attack. it says it will trip a -=Moving=- AT-AT. That means that if your AT-AT is not moving the tow cable will not harm it.

I tested this and its true. I tow cabled an non moving AT-AT over and over but he never fell down until I did the tow cable on an AT-AT walking to somewhere.

Darth_Extas
02-02-2006, 11:44 PM
that makes sense because the tow cable acts to stop movement, because if there is no movement it will just drop the ground and not work. We did not see any non-moving At-Ats in ESB fall because they were not moving, during the battle of hoth they were all moving At-Ats, You can watch the movie again if you want to make sure.

Grey_Ghost
02-03-2006, 02:44 AM
EDIT: also, I'm pretty sure that some planets don't have trade routes....not sure which ones....I'll give you a list after I play it again. I didn't think every single planet was supposed to have a trade route.

saikoubi
02-03-2006, 05:38 AM
i love fighting pirates, best space fight i ever had.

PRJ_Master
02-03-2006, 12:18 PM
huh....I thought in your older version (big galaxy), every planet was connected to another by a trade route, and that all of the systems were connected through it somehow....

but I may be wrong. I'll load up an earlier version of your mod after I get back from uni.

for now, here arethe systems without trade routes in this version of the mod:

Nal Hutta, Bothawui, Mon Cal, Sullust, Bestine, Abragadoe Rae, and Fondor

just a question to all of you, after finally playing until I won the game....what's your favorite ground unit for both rebs and imperials?

Rebs: Personally, I LOVE the T-4Bs. They're not repulsors, so they can move around and destroy the Repulsor Jammer to let the T-2Bs mop up the troops, and, plus, if there's a shield on the planet, you just have to switch to Rockets, and you can pound the enemy through the shield (plus they're great anti-infantry. Just roll 'em over the stormies and watch 'em fall). it would be interesting when the game coems out to do a skirmish, and have a T-4b/AT-AT battle and see who would win. Not a single T-4B, of course, as it would obviously lose. but a squad of three....I'm thinking it'd be pretty close. 'course, en masse, they're nigh unstoppable. you'll lose a bunch, but they can just keep rolling towards you without even blinking.

As I haven't played through the game/demo as imp yet, I can't say which one of theirs is my favorite.

Goldenshadow
02-03-2006, 12:22 PM
I defeated the pirate base at Kessel after some experiments without losing a single ship.

The strategy is this. Bring 7 marauder cruisers , 2 corvettes, 2 gunships and home 1.
Have youe entire fleet go to the top left corner of the map and position home1 to be the front line of defense. its job is to take out any capital ships, and the corvettes and gunships are to take out fighters. esp Y wings. Now just sit back and shoot those long range missiles at the asteroid base. The special ability does the most damage.

Another thing is how awful it is when you get stuck with a gigantic fleet of 161 medium transports against a space station and an ISD and a victory and a interdictor. That many ships has quite a lot of firepower actually, but it is unplayable due to the lag. With those 161 transports, I took out the space station, the interdictor and the victory star destroyer. I could have killed the ISD but I had to turn off the computer. I still had over 100 transports left when I was trying to kill the ISD.

I should mention that I had an ion cannon on the planet to drop the ship's shields first.

Three60
02-03-2006, 02:05 PM
(NOTE: Everything I'm saying is for full tech rebel full universe)

Okay, I just played a game over 24 hours (I left the computer on), and even though the AI may be hard on easy, it's so much fun just to have a difficult opponent who thinks logically. I put a seige in Kashyyyk, and they sent in 3+ star destroyers, tons of fighters, Interdictors, everything that would (and did) work to destroy my army. My game never crashed in that time, but it did start to freeze. But only on the Galactic map.
And I have a question. I landed some T-2B tanks onto a planet, and they just sat in a tight circle. The group that had landed first was also just sitting there, under fire or not. None of them moved. Everything else was fine, and they were fine on a different battle, but not that one. Anyone else gotten this?

Goldenshadow
02-03-2006, 02:22 PM
Thats because the enemy has a repulsor lift jammer structure on that planet. T2B tanks have repulsor lift engines. put 2 and 2 together.

As soon as you blow up the repulsor lift jammer, your tanks will start moving.

gswift
02-03-2006, 03:48 PM
I landed some T-2B tanks onto a planet, and they just sat in a tight circle. The group that had landed first was also just sitting there, under fire or not. None of them moved. Everything else was fine, and they were fine on a different battle, but not that one. Anyone else gotten this?

I've seen similar glitches from time to time. I've played MANY hours and only encountered the problem three times, so it's rare. It wasn't repulsor jammers because I've only had problems with infantry and rocket troops. The only pattern I noticed was that they were all deployed near the edge of the reinforcement point radius.

I wouldn't expect to see this problem with the full version.

Max Outrider
02-03-2006, 07:40 PM
Okay, I have a weeeee bit of a problem with this mod (started with 2.5G and has stayed in this version too).
http://premium1.uploadit.org/MaxOutrider/ScreenShots/EAW_20060203_22262826.jpg

Anyone that can guess what the problem is gets a cookie :P.
Note, this only happens when I have the mod installed. No mod works fine and the old Bryant's 2.0 mod works fine too. It's just been doing this with 2.5 and 2.6.

Admiral Sith
02-03-2006, 08:13 PM
The textures arent being accessed, check the units files and make sure they have Textures attached to them

Harbormaster
02-04-2006, 12:08 AM
Man, I love this mod. I can't wait until the full game comes out...

Max Outrider
02-04-2006, 08:08 AM
The textures arent being accessed, check the units files and make sure they have Textures attached to them

I had a look in the ground units files but don't really have much of an idea what I am looking for. There wasn't anything that obviously said anything about textures, however the same can be said for the space units files I looked in too. The space units are fine. Better than fine even, as the old problems I had with space in 2.0 and 2.5 have been totally rectified. It's only this texture problem for the ground part of the game that is plaguing me. It also seems to lag the game majorly when there is the no texture problem. When the ground textures were working fine on the old mods the game ran smoothly.
Plus, if the files were missing texture links then everyone would be having this same problem but so far I am the only one that seems to have been affected.

Edit: Just tested the mod on my other computer and it runs perfectly there. Must just be my laptop having a heart attack. Which is weird as space runs fine.

RedBullet612
02-04-2006, 12:25 PM
Anyone else slowing down at galactic map and sometimes crashing?

Three60
02-04-2006, 02:56 PM
I slowed down on the Galactic map, but never got a crash.
For Max Outrider, just try downloading the files again.

Grey_Ghost
02-04-2006, 06:24 PM
I had a look in the ground units files but don't really have much of an idea what I am looking for. Try re-installing the Demo itself, other then that maybe the Laptop doesn't meet the min specs/need new drivers.

Ra2er
02-04-2006, 07:20 PM
No slowing down or crashes for me in this version.
In my opinion this is THE mod for the demo, every other mod out there seems to crash at some point, this doesn't, it's bug-free. No crashes at all since updating to 2.6g. Oh and the cable attack works for me now, I managed to bring down 2 AT-AT's in a battle.
Will you be working on any small scale mods for the full game Grey Ghost?

Max Outrider
02-04-2006, 08:09 PM
Try re-installing the Demo itself, other then that maybe the Laptop doesn't meet the min specs/need new drivers.

I did the reinstall and everything. The laptop is better than the minimum specs by quite a lot. The problem only occurs when I use the mod. Without it the textures are there and everything works fine. Plus it worked fine on earlier versions of the mod, this only started happening from 2.5G.

Grey_Ghost
02-04-2006, 11:46 PM
Will you be working on any small scale mods for the full game Grey Ghost?Perhaps. It's hard to say really, depends on the tools and such. I'd be interested in using the engine for content outside the Star Wars Universe, but I'm also interested in a Clone Wars Total Conversion. I'm sure there is going to be more then a few mods dedicated to enhancing the content the game ships with. Plus from digging in the files, the game itself looks like it's going to have quite a bit to keep one busy already.

Plus it worked fine on earlier versions of the mod, this only started happening from 2.5G.I've never had a problem like yours, but it definately involves your Laptop it seems. I hope you don't have the same problem with the full game.

Harbormaster
02-05-2006, 12:10 AM
How can I make multiple refineries on planets? I could in the demo, but with this mod I can only make one. Is there anyway to reset that?

PRJ_Master
02-05-2006, 12:45 AM
you mean mines, the things tht give you more money?

you can't.

apparently the comp was making too many mine-only planets or something...

Iamme
02-05-2006, 02:33 AM
you could create a variant for yourself, if you know how to mod the files.

Tchilli
02-05-2006, 05:38 AM
i cant play as imperial or full galactic map. i only can choose 1 map (half the galaxy), as rebbels, i think its full tech. i reinstalled the demo, installed the mod exactly like on the picture!

Max Outrider
02-05-2006, 11:21 AM
I've never had a problem like yours, but it definately involves your Laptop it seems. I hope you don't have the same problem with the full game.

I've looked into the problem further and it seems something has gone funky with my laptop itself. The problem has now spread into the unmodded demo but as before it only effects the ground portion of the game. The game has been working perfectly up until this problem appeared after I installed version 2.5 of this mod. So either it was the mod that caused the initial problem that has no spread or something I installed on the same day as the mod has caused the problem. It's really stupid how one moment a computer can be working perfect and then the next something goes wrong for no reason at all.

Grey_Ghost
02-05-2006, 02:43 PM
How can I make multiple refineries on planets? I could in the demo, but with this mod I can only make one. Is there anyway to reset that? Open Specialstructures.xml, find the 2 entries for mining change the max instances per planet from 1 to -1.

i cant play as imperial or full galactic map. i only can choose 1 map (half the galaxy), as rebbels, i think its full tech. i reinstalled the demo, installed the mod exactly like on the picture!Are you copying the contents of the "??? Universe Empire ??? Tech" folder to the XML folder? If not, you should be as the instructions in the readme tell you.

So either it was the mod that caused the initial problem that has no spread or something I installed on the same day as the mod has caused the problem. It is highly unlikely my Mod has anything to do with your problem, and certainly isn't spreading anything to anywhere.

Ryebread
02-05-2006, 10:57 PM
I finished my longest game today that spans the last 3 days. Probably 15+ hours at least. The single biggest feature I am awaiting with the full version is auto-resolve. There were way too many battles that I had won from the start but had to slog through anyway.

steve13281
02-06-2006, 08:46 PM
Hey Grey Ghost, thanks for the mod. Been playing the same game for the last five days. I have noticed a few strange things. One, I couldn't target the rebel transports in space. I've had 5 ISD on them and I can't get a lock on them. I used the move to attack command for a good half hour until they were finally destroyed. Same thing with one of the sheild things that look like a radar dish during the land battles. Also the rebels never retreated in space, and I could not call for renforcements in space. Wish that dang save command worked, my comp slowed way down the last few days of play. I had an exception on Korriban and the game closed down. I was so close to conquering the galaxy! I'm not trying to complain though cause I have enjoyed your mod. Just giving my two cents.

Thanks, Steve

gswift
02-07-2006, 08:55 PM
Hi Grey Ghost, great work and thank you!

Personally, I'm not having any problems with the latest version. I can run the game for five days without any errors and then play another without restarting. It slows down occasionally, but I don't think that's the mod. Well, there was one time that I attacked a planet that had a HUGE fleet of transports. There had to be over 150 rebel transports. My machine bogged down so badly that it took hours to kill them all. I think the frame-rate dropped to 1 per second or worse until after I killed a large portion of them. It only happened once and now I know to scout before I attack. If my machine was newer it wouldn't have been so bad. I'm only sharing that as a warning/helpful tip to others.

Once again, great work on your mod. You've provided many people with many hours of entertainment. Nine days till release day!!!!!

Nakatomi2010
02-07-2006, 09:08 PM
Is it possible to research your way to tech 5, or research was never really enabled in the demo?

xhh2a
02-07-2006, 09:34 PM
I belive you can unlock 'Abandoned Mining Facility' for building(It was in SirNukes Mod) as a alternative.
Also, try unlocking the other campains and adding it into your mod(I know this is possible because SirNukes is and you did it before when you did that smal universe release), thx.

Grey_Ghost
02-08-2006, 05:59 PM
Slow Downs: I get them as well now and then, and I'm fairly certain it's the demo itself. I'm hoping the release doesn't have the same problems.

Shuttle Showdowns:I play pretty agressively and haven't had much interaction with Massive Land unit Space Fleets. Also, those fleets with maybe 12 or more shuttles flying around have never been a problem for me, but that just might be the ships I am using. If it really bothers you, download this file HERE (http://home.houston.rr.com/vallore/other/Transportunits.xml) and Nerf to your hearts content.

Is it possible to research your way to tech 5, or research was never really enabled in the demo?

If you play the Tech 1 version of the Mod, you can research all the way up to tech 5. The important stuff requires research, the only exceptions that come to mind would be the 2 different Shield Generators.

I belive you can unlock 'Abandoned Mining Facility' for building(It was in SirNukes Mod) as a alternative.
Also, try unlocking the other campains and adding it into your mod(I know this is possible because SirNukes is and you did it before when you did that smal universe release), thx.As an alternative to what? I didn't unlock another campaign, merely altered it. If someone has implemented the other scenarios thats cool. Personally, I'm wating to play those in the Release version of the game. Something tells me I'll enjoy them more not being limited to 2 maps. http://home.houston.rr.com/vallore/8P.gif

gswift
02-09-2006, 07:39 PM
Shuttle Showdowns:I play pretty agressively and haven't had much interaction with Massive Land unit Space Fleets. Also, those fleets with maybe 12 or more shuttles flying around have never been a problem for me, but that just might be the ships I am using.

Yep, you're unquestionably right. The super-huge shuttle fleet only happened once, and I'm sure my tactics allowed it to happen. I think I forced the rebels to consolidate defenses from several planets because I was advancing with large fleets from both sides.

Twelve ships, no problem. I should have taken a screen shot. Litterally one third of the space map was filled wall-to-wall with transports. There were so many that they actually managed to take out an Imperial Star Destroyer and a couple of cruisers before it was over. Usually, the transports just run to the corners, but the AI must have known that it had a chance to do some damage because it actually ATTACKED with transports. That says something good about the quality of the AI, in my opinion. It formed rings of transports three layers deep around each of my capitol ships and filled in the gaps with reinforcements when I wiped out a chunck.

Another thought: I thought it was funny when some of the buildings didn't have skins. The game filled in with some image that said 'Petroglyph', so as my walkers approached to destroy the building it looked like I was invading Petroglyph studios. HeHeHe ("Release the game early, or I'll invade!")

jedi3112
02-10-2006, 11:21 AM
^^^ LOL

I have a problem using the hypergun on Venators. It always fires over the ship, and not through the ship. So I think either some gunner needs the Vader solution for this problem or there is a small bug with the ship.

Nakatomi2010
02-10-2006, 11:30 AM
I DO I research then? I tried to build the research centers but where do I go from there?

Empirecitizen
02-10-2006, 12:25 PM
I cant shoot the Venators with hypervelocity gun, either. Its the same in all the mods, they shoot above the venators.
When i played in an older version, the rebels invaded me with around 3 MC ,1 ven , 2 Assualt frigate MKII + some fighters & bombers . I had only a lv 1 space station and 2 tartans. My bombers from the station managed to disable most of the ships engines before my station and fighters+bombers are elimated. Then I ran m tatan all around the map and shoot the ships with the hypervelociy gun. The only ship i couldn't destroy was the single venator....

jedi3112
02-10-2006, 03:27 PM
I DO I research then? I tried to build the research centers but where do I go from there?

What version did you install? If you installed a full tech version, logically you can't research because all research has already been done. If you installed a tech 1 version, the research should appear as the first build button.

Nakatomi2010
02-10-2006, 03:29 PM
I had installed the tech level 1 version but I saw nothing... I'll try it again tonight... Knew I couldn't be THAT retarded..... :(

Grey_Ghost
02-11-2006, 02:33 AM
Research is done the same way you build the Research Facility. Once it's done an Icon with the Imperial Logo is added to the build list. For a Rebel, you have to use R2D2/C3PO to steal it from am Empire controlled system.

Grey_Ghost
02-14-2006, 02:13 PM
There seems to be some confusion out and about (mostly through emails), so I'll post this here hopefully for all to see.

I am not Bryant Malaski, nor has Bryant Malaski had any involvement with any of the X.XG versions of this Mod.

MDD
02-16-2006, 07:29 PM
Ah i see how it works now.

Nice mod mate