PDA

View Full Version : Mercenary Crew: Age of the Empire

Pages : [1] 2

starmark2k
01-27-2006, 08:40 AM
Link to the Discussion thread (timeline, Character Sheets, etc…) http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=159114&page=1&pp=40

A couple of notes before we start. Although they are sometimes unavoidable can we try not to do one line posts. Also can you try to work in where you are exactly on the ship in your posts, it will prevent confusion.

So lets get going, I’ll do a small prologue as told from my characters P.O.V…
__________________________________________________ ________

The Clone war ended with a Republic victory, although that’s up for Debate. Within 24 hours the Republic became the Imperial Empire, the Jedi were all but destroyed and the Supreme chancellor named himself the emperor. Palpatine with his right hand man, Darth Vader, Set about subjugating the Galaxy. Planets like Kashyyyk were the planets that felt the fall brunt of the tyrannical racism of the New empire, Slavers moved in months after it was formed. Any one found to have any kind of link to the force are either killed or never heard from again.

My name is Nic White and like most people I hate the Empire. I’m a smuggler, thief and all round good guy, I do whatever it takes to hurt the empire in my own small way. I got my self a ship, The Echo, and the best damn mercenary crew there is.

We tend to fly under radar never taking on anything that will cause too much unwanted attention. Well that was until 10 years after the clone wars ended, when we got a whole heap of trouble in the shape of a Jedi…
__________________________________________________ __________

The Echo was In the Hanger of the commercial station simply known as A12- 76. A12- 76 was controlled by a small corporation, that refuelled and re-supplied ships that need it. The station was just off the Hydian Way trade route; this made it a prime location for smugglers and other criminal vessels.

Nic White Stood on the cat-walk opposite the loading ramp, He was looking down at the ‘Hanger hands’ walking in and out of the ship moving the Cargo the Echo had just brought in. He was watching them carefully making sure they only moved the smuggled goods rather than the ships supplies.

Two of the ‘Hanger hands’ were moving a large box, one of the men obviously had a bad grip and dropped his end of the crate. The Sound of the crate hitting the metallic floor echoed around the cargo hold.

“HEY!” Nic shouted to get the mans attention. “Be careful, half these boxes have high yield explosives in them and I do not want to be scrubbing pieces of your brain off the wall.”

The ‘Hanger hand’ simply waved in agreement and picked the crate up again and took it out of the ship.

XoRRoX
01-27-2006, 09:42 AM
"Sabotage!" shouted Oliver, while he cleaned the room. Oliver did always clean his room often, but this time he shouted desperatly. "Who has taken my bacta spray!? If the second time!".

He shouts something like: "If i find the man, who did this" or "They have stealed it!". But suddenly there is very quiet in his room. Very quiet.

stingerhs
01-27-2006, 11:55 AM
He was tall and surprisingly attractive For a human, anyway, Ryshana thought to herself. He had been following her for some time, and by now, Ryshana was sure that he was an Imperial operative. He had started following her after the breakout at the Coruscant prison center. Now on board an illegal refugee transport, she was on her way to Dantooine where she had heard the Rebel Alliance was hiding out. On the way, the transport would have to stop for supplies at a station of some kind, and that meant a small, out of the way station since the transport didn't want to be detected by the patrolling Imperial Fleet. It was an odd feeling, though, for Ryshana since she knew that she had to take care of him. However, it wasn't just a simple matter of killing him quietly or by exposing him to the masses of illegal refugees being transported with her. It just wouldn't be the proper way.

Instead, Ryshana decided to get a bit creative. In the small mess hall, Ryshana could feel him watching her, although she knew that he was being very discreet about it. Well, so it begins.

steven
01-27-2006, 12:41 PM
When the pilot, Jack, wasn't in the bridge he was in his room either using his punchbag or trying to get some sleep in his bed. His room was pretty empty, just a bed in the corner and a punchbag in the middle. He didn't even have any wallpaper on the walls, there was just metal. His room really repersented his personallity, cold and empty.

At this moment Jack was trying to get some shut eye but he kept having the same nightmare over and over again. It was alwase the same nightmare, it was his past haunting him, torturing him for all the wrong doings he did when he went missing. The dream started off him in a primative village on a grassy green, the village was full of children running around in laughter, people picking the flowers that decorated the green and people chat between one enough. After a minute or two the scenary changed, the once grassy green was now a burnt wasteland, the wooden houses were now turned into burning rubbel and the people were corpse. Only a young, beautifull women stood before Jack and said in a weak voice Why Jack? Why? and then infront of Jack she began to burn alive to a crispe.

He then woke, sweating and his heart beating like mad. He got up, put on a tee-shirt and tousers and left to get a cold drink.

Writer
01-27-2006, 01:58 PM
"G'mornin' Cap'n," Jana said, sounding fairly happy overall. Her apparent happiness was not false. They had a job and that always put Jana in a better mood... not to say she was continually in a bad mood, but...

"What're we carrying this time?" she asked. "Known or unknown?"

starmark2k
01-27-2006, 02:04 PM
Nic looked over at Jana and smiled back at her.

"I don't know once we have all these weapons unloaded we'll have to go and look for a new job." He told his First Mate before turning and looking back down at the cargo bay floor. He noticed another 'hanger hand' pick up one of the ships supply Crates. "For the love of... Hey you!" The Hanger hand looks up. " Only take the crates with the numbers on them." He turns back to Jana "show me a competant hanger hand i'll give you 2000 credits."

Writer
01-27-2006, 02:07 PM
"Ah," Jana laughed. "I guess I woke up earlier than normal... I usually come out here when they're loading... not unloading."

She looked down into the cargo bay and chuckled at Nic's challenge.

"They do seem to hire the idiots, don't they, Sir?"

starmark2k
01-27-2006, 02:13 PM
"Yeah." Nic thought for a moment, he was trying to remember if any of his contacts opperated on A12-76. After a few moments he looked back up at Jana. "Does Zeek still live on this station or has he retired?"

Nic and Jana knew Zeek back when they were a couple of freelancers, He was the kind of man who had his fingers in every pie going. If any one has a job for them he would.

Writer
01-27-2006, 02:18 PM
Jana frowned thoughtfully. "Yeah, last I heard, he was still around." She was amused. "Can you really picture Zeek retiring?"

XoRRoX
01-27-2006, 02:19 PM
In a hurry, Oliver runned outside the ship, and runned directly to Nic. Oliver looked rather unpleased, and there was no doubt, that he had drinked. His walk are not very stabile, and his cheek had a little red colour.
"Do you know Captain, where my bacta spray is? It's netiher in my room nor the medbay"

starmark2k
01-27-2006, 02:25 PM
Nic looked over at Impe, he could smell the alcohol before he even knew Impe was approaching him. "Impe we have a whole crate of them down there." Nic points at the Hanger Floor. "Look get some sleep, I'm sure it will turn up later."

Nic then turned to Jana "O.K, let's go meet Zeek, I hope he's in the cantina."

stingerhs
01-27-2006, 02:30 PM
After ordering a small bit of "food", Ryshana decided to go sit down with the operative. "Well, it seems that I've caught your attention," Ryshana stated with a smile while sitting down at the table across from the operative. "Umm, e-excuse me??" he managed to stumble out while setting down the newspad. "Spare me the ignorance; you've been watching me since you got on board. And I must say that I've been finding it difficult not to watch you right back," she replied.
"W-what do you mean?"
"What do you think it means? You have a good build and a handsome face.."
"Well, that doesn't always mean anything..."
"Sure it does. Come on, you can't tell me that you don't work out every once in a while.."
"Well, uhh, yeah.."
"And you can't tell me that you're not watching me because that's what you've been assigned to do."

With the operative at a loss for words, Ryshana suddenly became very serious and continued, "So, let me clarify something for you: don't mess with me." Suddenly, she felt the ship drop out of hyperspace, and the intercom crackled to life. "This is your Captain speaking. We're stopping at Station A12- 76 for supplies. If you want some time to relax in the local cantina, then go right ahead. Just keep in mind that we'll be heading back out within 3 hours. That is all."

Concentrating on the operative, Ryshana looked at him straight in the eyes. "You never saw me," she stated. "I never saw you," he replied.
"You have absolutely no idea who I am."
"I have absolutely no idea who you are."

"Good," Ryshana stated quickly. Before the operative could repeat himself, Ryshana very quickly released a small amount of the Force against his head, knocking him out. To everyone else in the mess hall, it looked like he passed out. Getting up again, Ryshana went to entrance ramp to leave.

Heading for the cantina, Ryshana ordered a drink and sat down for a moment to collect herself.

XoRRoX
01-27-2006, 02:35 PM
"Fine Captain, i'm going to bed then". Oliver turns around, and going back to the ship, while he whistle an unknown song.
Suddenly hears a very happy shout: "I found it! It was under the...". Then there was totally silence.

1 miute later, Oliver goes to medbay, while carrying a little, black box with lots of bottles. On the box there stands: "Medical stuff".

steven
01-27-2006, 02:50 PM
When Jack was on a station or a planet and just suffered the nightmare he would head out to the cantina. Today was no different. He went to the local cantina and ordered the strongest drink he could have that wouldn't kill him or render him unconious. While in the hanger he noticed both his captain and the first-mate enter and a twi'lek enter. He didnt know why but she seem to catch his eye the most, he just had a strang feeling about her.

starmark2k
01-27-2006, 05:50 PM
Nic and Jana Walked into the Cantina, He noticed that Jack had also walked in, Nic gave him a little wave although he knew Jack would not return the favor. Nic looked around the room nothing really caught his eye, there were a couple of rodians playing pazzack, a twi'lek sitting and having a drink on her own and all the average clientale to this kind of place.

Nic eventually saw a old grey haired and slightly obese human he was talking to a sullustian and smoking a Cigar. Nic and Jana walked up behind him and waited until the sullustian walked away. "you know those'll kill you." Nic said refering to the cigar.

"Look i don't need some..." He said as he turned around and saw Nic and Jana "we'll i'll be a rancors Aunty. Nic White."

"Hi Zeek, it's been a while." Nic said as Zeek turned to Jana.

"And if it isn't Jana aswell, So Nic when are you too going to get married?" Zeek asked

This comment shocked nic and it took him aback a little.

"Well..."

steven
01-27-2006, 06:01 PM
It wasnt often people heard Jack laugh but today was an expection. When he heard what the old man said, and the drink may of had something to do with it, he let out a small laugh. Jack was only sitting behind Zeek so he heard the converstion.

ExtreamJedi12
01-27-2006, 06:16 PM
Cloud Strife sat in his room, pondering where Sephiroph, the soldier who killed the love of his life, Aerith Gainsborough, is. "When I find you, Sephiroth," thought Cloud. "I will make sure that you will suffer." Cloud's room was filled with some mechanic books, tool, various ship parts, some droid parts, some dueling wallpaper, a holo-tv, and a bed/couch combo. He kept a picture of Aerith under his pillow to remind himself of his goal: kill Sephiroth and and avenge Aerith's death. He kept having dreams of her death every night after she was killed. Cloud probably suspected some of the crew members seen him thrash in his sleep. He decided to go to the cantina and get some good Jawa Beer. He left his room and headed to the cantina.

Writer
01-27-2006, 06:34 PM
"We're debating that, Zeek," Jana interjected coolly. "Y'see, the crew's got bets going. It's either next week or next year. Crew's evenly divided on the subject."

starmark2k
01-27-2006, 06:49 PM
zeek Laughed out loudly. "So what brings you two here anyway."

"We're looking for some work, Wondered if you got any going." Nic asked

Zeek thought for a few moments "this is your lucky day, I've got just the thing and it's legit, Pays real good to."

"sounds interesting, Tell me more."

"it's transporting Swoop bikes from alderann to nar shaddar."

"Alderanns a two day flight, We kind of need the creds a bit quicker than that."

"Hey, as i said the pay is real good and i heard you just brought in a load have weapons."

"yeah, but Jana here made me spend the money on upgrading the weapons. Apparantly we can't opporate with 20 year old weapons." Nic said doing a bad impression of Jana for the last part."O.k But its near impossible to get to alderann thiese days since Organas, Limited traffic around the planet."

"I have a contact in the port authority, It will be fine."

Nic thought about it for a second before nodding his head. "Alright, We'll do it."

"Good i'll set the wheels in motion." Zeek said as he walked away to his office. Nic turned back to Jana.

"This could be good, Alot of people are struggling to get to Alderaa. Let's take a few passengers with us. I'll inform the transport co-ordinator tell him have three rooms availible."

Writer
01-27-2006, 06:57 PM
"Tell him I'll be here," Jana told Nic. "Have him send people to me. I'll screen them and decide if we want them or not. Let's try to fill up all three rooms, yeah?"

She approached the bartender and said, "Hey, listen. My name's Jana Vincent. If anyone comes in here asking for me, point them my way, ok?"

"Sure, sure," the bartender said dismissively. Jana nodded and found a seat backed up against a wall and sat. Based on experience, she never sat in an open area... to easy for people to sneak up behind you. She had a scar on the back of her neck hidden under her hair as proof of her lesson learned.

starmark2k
01-27-2006, 07:05 PM
Nic Left the cantina and headed to the transport co-ordinators office...

10 minutes later Nic walked back into the Echo he had made the arrangements so any potential Passengers would go see Jana in the Cantina. He often lest Jana to do this as she was better with people than he was. He preferred to deal with the crooks he found them far more predictable than the 'Civilians'.

Nic walked up to the common room and sat at a table.

JasraLantill
01-27-2006, 07:20 PM
Just leaving the station’s gym, Beryl stretched her arms high over her head, clamped her fingers together, then tightened her grip while she rolled her shoulders forward until she heard the comforting ‘pop’ of her knuckles. “Ah, nothing like a good sparring match to get the blood pumpin’!”

As soon as they had docked on A12-76, Beryl had taken the opportunity to check out the station’s fitness facilities while the Echo’s cargo was unloaded. She liked keeping active, hated waiting around, and let’s face it, watching a bunch of idiot dock workers scratch their heads, and often their backsides at the same time, while they tried to figure out which crate to load or unload was like watching paint dry. Besides, where else on this station was she likely to meet a good-looking guy to spar with?

She checked her chronometer. There was probably still enough time for a quick drink and to win a few credits at cards. Too bad this station wasn’t big enough for a swoop track. High speed and the possibility of winning some credits? What could be better than that?

She headed off to the cantina.

“Uh-oh.” Jana was sitting at one of the tables, back against the wall, with a perfect view of the entire cantina. Beryl rubbed the bruises on her knuckles she had just earned from her latest sparring match. Jana didn’t approve much of fighting for fun. And Beryl could do without the ‘look’ right now.

She backed herself out the door and headed back to the ship. If Jana was alone in the cantina, that probably meant they would have a job soon. And quite possibly passengers. Yich! Passengers could be such a pain.

She found Nic in the common room. She smiled. Looks like there was an opportunity to get that drink and quite possibly some credits after all.

“I believe you still owe me fifty credits, chief,” she said, grinning mischievously as she plopped down unceremoniously in the chair opposite him. “Or, was it the other way around?”

Writer
01-27-2006, 07:26 PM
Twenty minutes, one and a half drinks later, Jana was approached by her first potential customer.

"You're Jana Vincent?" the man asked. Jana nodded and leaned forward.

"And you are?"

"Anyone knows me calls me Buster," he said. Jana was not impressed.

"I take it that's not your name," she suggested. 'Buster' winced.

"No, it's not, but it'll do, right?" he asked hopefully. "I mean, all I'm looking for is passage to Alderaan. That's where you're headed, right?"

"Right," Jana said hesitantly, "but we like to be selective about our passengers. I'm sure you understand."

"Oh, sure," he sighed. "Fine. Name's Ubir Gayin."

"That's better," Jana said with a false smile. Ubir missed the fact that her smile was not genuine and relaxed.

"So I can go?" he asked.

"What's the reason you're wanting to go to Alderaan and can't use Empire transports?" Jana wondered. Ubir flinched.

"I... don't like crowds," he muttered. "Empire crams people in."

"That they do," Jana said in mock sympathy. "So here's what I'll do. I'm sure there are a lot of people interested in passage to Alderaan. If you leave me a way to contact you, I'll let you know if we pick you."

Ubir left a comm number with Jana and she rolled her eyes as she watched him go. A real 'stinker', she decided. She deleted his comm number from her datapad and ordered a third drink.

ExtreamJedi12
01-27-2006, 07:51 PM
Cloud walks into the cantina and looks around. He sees stormtroopers pass by him. "Stormtroopers," Cloud thinks as they pass. "Ruthless and evil. The Rebel Alliance is doing the right thing and standing up to them." As Cloud walks in, a stormtrooper yells "Halt!" Cloud look back at the stormtrooper. "What do you want?" Cloud says to the buckethead. "I am making sure you're not with the Rebel scum." The stormtrooper tells Cloud. "Go ahead, Imperial. Check away. I'm not a Rebel." said Cloud. "Very well. Stand still." The Stormtrooper scans him and checks the database for his bio. "Hmm. An engineer/smuggler. Not a good combination. You are free to go for now." The stormtrooper walks away. Cloud then sits at a table and bets his glass of Jawa Beer.

Writer
01-27-2006, 08:42 PM
Jana caught sight of Beryl's in/out manouver and also managed to see a few bruises. Though Beryl was no longer in sight, Jana gave the 'look' anyway. She'd have to talk to Beryl about this. Several minutes later, she watched Cloud and the Stormtroopers. She overheard a little of their conversation and decided she'd have to warn Cloud about being rude to the current military force.

"Miss Jana Vincent?" someone said, breaking into her thoughts. She focused on the man and almost immediately decided she didn't want him boarding the Echo.

"That's me," she said, eyeing his Alderaan Police uniform.

"I can't help noticing you seem to be quite taken with my uniform," he said. "A problem?"

"No problems," Jana answered, smiling at him and making a concentrated effort to stop staring at his uniform. "It makes sense, you wanting to go to Alderaan, but why not on an Empire transport?"

"Circumstances won't allow it," he answered. "Forgive me. I'm Captain Elliott Wade, Alderaan Police."

"Circumstances?" Jana wanted to know.

"Circumstances I cannot speak of," Wade answered evasively. Jana smiled. She knew what that meant.

"We've carried passengers like you before," Jana told him. "You've got a 'friend' with you."

"You have worked with people like me before, haven't you?" Wade asked, relaxing a little. "Yes, there is the little matter of a 'friend'." He leaned in closer. "Wanted by the Empire, but Alderaan Police want him bad enough we'll deal with people like yourself to keep him out of their hands."

Jana's smile faded and Wade realized his mistake.

"I didn't mean..." he stammered. Jana's smile returned.

"I know what you meant," she told him. "We'll reserve two rooms, one for you, one for your 'friend'."

He began to stand, but she pulled him back down. "Your 'friend' gets loose on our boat..." She left the threat unfinished and gave him their assumed departure time.

"Get there at that time and we'll be leaving shortly after, ok?"

"We'll be there," he promised hastily. Jana nodded and watched him leave. Two rooms filled, one to go.

stingerhs
01-28-2006, 12:05 AM
Without making anything plainly obvious, Ryshana had been watching Jana the entire time. Not only that, but she was also utilizing her Jedi abilities to pick up the conversations she was having with the men walking up to her. Hmm, recruiting for a trip to Alderaan. That's interesting: what does Alderaan have besides old politicians that are powerless to do anything?

Then she remembered that both Bail Antillies and the Organa family were Alderaanians, and both were sympathizers of the Jedi that were being hunted across the galaxy. This may be the only chance I get to finally stop running. Ryshana then downed the last of her drink. Lets do this.

Getting up, she walked over to Jana's table and sat down cooly. "So, I hear you're going to Alderaan."

Writer
01-28-2006, 12:20 AM
Jana looked up. Finally an interesting possibility. So far, she'd talked to three drug runners, a young mother and her three children, a mentally unstable old man, and a drunken idiot... not to mention the Alderaan Policeman and 'Buster'.

"Got that right," Jana agreed. "I assume you're interested in being a passenger."

stingerhs
01-28-2006, 01:23 AM
"Well, perhaps. That would all depend on how, discreet your crew is capable of keeping things. I'm more than willing to offer either credits or services to compensate, depending on which is more valuable."

Writer
01-28-2006, 01:29 AM
Jana managed to keep a straight face. "I take it you aren't a fan of the Empire?"

stingerhs
01-28-2006, 01:31 AM
"Well, lets just say that I wish to avoid any Imperial entanglements."

Writer
01-28-2006, 01:33 AM
Jana smiled. "Oh, that's fun. We can do that."

Leaning back, she said, "So, what's your name?"

stingerhs
01-28-2006, 01:39 AM
"Ryshana Uti. If you're in need of identification..."

Writer
01-28-2006, 02:13 AM
"No need," Jana interrupted. She told Ryshana when the ship was estimated to take off. "If you have any questions, let me know. I'm done here, but here's my comm number." She gave Ryshana her number and smiled. "Thanks for your business."

With that, she stood, glanced over at Cloud, and walked out. Three rooms filled; success.

ExtreamJedi12
01-28-2006, 02:41 AM
Cloud looked at the Twi'Lek that Jana talked to. She seemed familiar in a strange sort of way. "Must be the beer." Cloud whispured to himself. He seen Jana leave and decided to follow. There was a conversation going on between a bodyguard and a slicer. Cloud eavesdropped on them and he heard the word 'Sephiroth'. That made his blood boil. He was careful not to release his anger and left the cantina and went to the Echo.

starmark2k
01-28-2006, 04:58 AM
"You owe me and don't think i forgot it." Nic said as he got up and went over tho the kitchen unit, He poured himself another drink and got beryl one. Nic walked back and placed the drinks on the table.

"we're going to be heading to Alderaan, A job is waiting for us there. We'll also take passengers there, just to keep the scratch coming in... Try not to take these people for mugs, I don't want them to use all there money from gambling before they pay us this time." Nic said remembering the last time they took passengers on. Beryl desided to hold an unofficial pazzack tournamant, She pretty much bankrupted two of the passengers.

XoRRoX
01-28-2006, 05:43 AM
"Passengers? Fine by me" shouted Oliver, while he leaved medbay. He has taken an old farmer shirt. Lots of scrathes and the shirt is almost to short. He dosen't stand very stabile, and without doubt, he is close to be drunk.

"Nic, can you remember your proo..mise? You said, taht we were going to Dantooine soon...?".

steven
01-28-2006, 06:39 AM
Jack left the cantina not far after Jacen did. He headed straight to the ships common room. He was making himself a sandwich when he heard what the captain said. "Cap, since when did we become an inter-galactic buss?" He shouted out. He did particully like passengers, they were a pain up the ass; they alwase expected to be put first and wouldnt stop bothering the piolt.

starmark2k
01-28-2006, 07:42 AM
Nic looked at his almost drunk medic. "Look we go where the money is and jobs are, I said if we take a job that goes near Dantooine we'll make stop over there."

Nic said returning to his drink. "Cap, since when did we become an inter-galactic buss?" Jack said from the other side of the room.

"Since we can get money from it, Look i'll make sure they stay out of the cockpit."

XoRRoX
01-28-2006, 07:49 AM
Suddenly Oliver runs to his room, but his run are so unstabile, that he falls, and pukes over the floor. He does seem a rather dizzy, and he can't stand up. So he decided, that he must crawl to his room.

2 or 3 times agian, there are some puke sounds form Olivers room.

JasraLantill
01-28-2006, 08:39 AM
”Try not to take these people for mugs, I don't want them to use all there money from gambling before they pay us this time," Nic said remembering the last time they took passengers on. Beryl decided to hold an unofficial pazaack tournamant, She pretty much bankrupted two of the passengers.

“Take them for mugs? Who me?” Beryl said, mockingly, even though she knew Nic was serious. She grinned. “All right, all right,” she said holding her hand up in surrender. “I promise. No tourneys this time.”

She started to deal out the cards. “But you’re taking all the fun out it. I agree with grumpy, here,” she said, referring to Jack. “Passengers are….”

The sounds of wretching echoed from the corridor. “See?” she said demonstratively waving her arm towards the doorway. “Even Oliver agrees with us.” She finished dealing the hand and stacked the remainder of the deck neatly on the table. “All right. Ante up.”

More wretching sounds. Beryl leaned sideways in her chair, craning her neck to better see down the corridor. She frowned slightly. “Erm, Nic? You might want to get Jana to hire a cleaning droid before we leave. Unless our passengers aren’t that picky, of course.”

starmark2k
01-28-2006, 08:51 AM
Nic Looked at his cards and threw a couple of chips into the center of the table. "We've got a full service booked in about an hour We'll be all cleaned up and ready to go by the time our guests arrive."

steven
01-28-2006, 08:55 AM
"Just make sure they don't see our medic. I'm not in the mood for imparrisment."Said Jack in his coldish voice. He ate his sandwich and headed to hte cockpit.

ExtreamJedi12
01-28-2006, 09:45 AM
Cloud got back on the ship. He seen that Beryl was playing Pazaak. "Hey Nic, what's the job? I want to make sure we can get there cause the hyperdrive is almost dead. And when are you going to buy those cooling tanks for me? Do you want the ship to blow sky-high?" Cloud asked. I was always this way with Nic and Cloud. Cloud asks for parts and Nic doesn't buy them so Cloud has to make due with what he has. At least Beryl helps him.

JasraLantill
01-28-2006, 11:31 AM
Beryl examined Nic carefully. His right eyebrow had twitched a few times. He must have drawn a flip card from his side deck, she thought.

Having won one set each so far, this last one could determine the winner. He had fourteen showing, with two side deck cards still in his hand. She also had fourteen showing, but only one side deck card left—a plus four. Not useful at all in this situation. She hesitated in drawing her next card. It was a six. “Yesss!" she said gleefully, throwing it down victoriously on the table. "Twenty! I stand." Flip card or no, the worst he could do to her now was force another draw. She took a long draught of her drink.

"Hey Nic, what's the job?” said Cloud, as he appeared beside them. “I want to make sure we can get there cause the hyperdrive is almost dead. And when are you going to buy those cooling tanks for me? Do you want the ship to blow sky-high?"

“Hey, Cloud," she said between sips. "As soon as I finish beating the chief here, I’ll help you with the hyperdrive. If you need it, that is.” She grinned at Nic. “I was going to start painting another Tie-fighter glyph on the side of the ‘Z’ anyway. You know, to commemorate going over fifty-five kills,” she gloated.

starmark2k
01-28-2006, 11:48 AM
Nic Couldn't beat Beryl so he just threw his cards on the table. "You win psycho." He said as he turned to face cloud "We have a job on Alderaan, It's a two day flight so you need to keep the engines running til then. We also have passengers so make sure all the facilities in the G rooms are working."

Nic looked at his watch and took another sip from his drink. "Where's Jana? She should of gotten those rooms filled by now."

JasraLantill
01-28-2006, 12:26 PM
Beryl greedily slid the credit chips toward her. Then she paused, and pushed a few back towards Nic. “There,” she said. “That makes us even. You can put the extra towards the cooling tanks, eh?” She winked at him.

She downed the remainder of her drink in one quick gulp. “C’mon, kid,” she said to Cloud, wiping her mouth with her sleeve. “Let’s check out those guest quarters. I’d rather get them taken care of so I can be down below when our passengers board.” She rose and headed for the door.

Writer
01-28-2006, 12:54 PM
"Do I hear gambling goin' on in this ship?" Jana demanded, stepping into the room. She shook her head slowly and gave both Beryl and Nic the 'look'. Then, she shrugged. "You're both lucky I'm in a good mood."

With that, she turned and headed out, but was soon back, looking a little sick. "Tell me you hired cleaners before we leave."

starmark2k
01-28-2006, 12:58 PM
Nic got up and followed Jana. "Yeah they'll be here before our guests arrive, Speaking of that, What are we getting."

Writer
01-28-2006, 01:01 PM
"Alderaan Policeman and prisoner," Jana said. "And someone with the potential to be interesting. Wants to, and I quote, 'avoid any Imperial entanglements'... sounds fun, yeah?"

starmark2k
01-28-2006, 01:10 PM
"Hey... Flying under the radar is what we do best... Nice work, Prisoner transport always gets good money, So what are the details on our passengers."

Writer
01-28-2006, 01:23 PM
"Policeman's Captain Elliott Wade," Jana said. "Looks about 35, short dark hair, gray eyes, six foot tall..."

A full minute later, Jana was saying, "And his prisoner... well, we don't know much except the Empire wants him and Alderaan wants him enough to hide from the Empire."

She shrugged. "I'll learn his name and do a full search before he gets on, don't worry."

Then, she said, "The third passenger may be a part of the Rebel Alliance... only reason I see for wanting to avoid Imperials. Her name's Ryshana Uti. Looked about 34..."

She went into great detail in describing Ryshana and when she was finished, she said, "So there you have it. That's our three passengers."

starmark2k
01-28-2006, 01:30 PM
"Interesting, We'll convert G3 Into a cell, deactivate the internal locks and remove anything this guy can use to escape. We'll but the officer into G2 and that Twi'lek into G1 away from the Convicts" He paused for a moment "We don't want to put that nice lady near any unsavoury elements." Nic said with a cheesy Grin.

Writer
01-28-2006, 01:33 PM
"I expect not, Sir," Jana agreed, keeping a surprisingly straight face. Then, she smiled. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'd best be snoopin' into the business of a criminal we plan to be haulin'."

starmark2k
01-28-2006, 01:46 PM
"O.K Jana, Keep me informed." Nic said as a man with too cleaning droids approached him. "You the Cleaners?"

"Yes Sir."

"Start with the corridores then go on to the G rooms, Leave the cockpit and crew quarters alone."

The cleaner nodded. Nic then went in to his room.

The door shut behind him as he went over to one of his desks, The Desk was plain With three weapon stands on it, The one at the back was already holding his favourite gun. The stand had a brass plate with the word Betsy Etched on to it. Nic removed his pistol from the waist holster placeing it on the medal Stand, then he knelt down and took the knife from his boot plaseing it at the front. The desk was close to nics bed, Just incase someone desided to break in he would have his weapons at hand.

Nic then proceeded to his second Desk, This one had a mirror/Computer screen infront of it with a Console on top of it. It also had two holo images on either side. The right one was of him as a child, With an older man and women, this was of his family back on naboo, there was also another person in the image but that part of the image had been corrupted by Nic long ago. The one on the left was of him and Jana Standing infront of the Echo, He Could still remember the day this image was taken, The day he won the Echo and saw it for the first time.

Writer
01-28-2006, 02:04 PM
Jana was an expert at sniffing out information she wasn't supposed to know and she loved it. It offered her a thrill... something normal business on the Echo wouldn't much give her. Now, she stared at a hotel door and considered. If Captain Wade was inside, she'd be caught. Slowly, she turned and headed away.

Several minutes later another young woman ran up to the door and started banging on it.

"You can't take my brother!" she shrieked as soon as the door opened. The Police inside were rather astonished at this.

"Tasser Goum has a sister?" one asked another. The woman stopped after hearing this.

"Who?" she asked. Her eyes fell on the prisoner and she blushed. "Oops. Sorry. Wrong place. My mistake."

With that, she backed out of the room and ran off

-------------

Ten minutes later, Jana handed over the promised payment and headed off to find a computer. When she found one, she hacked into police files and looked up Tasser Goum. It wasn't hard. He'd left a trail of death and destruction all over the galaxy. He'd murdured four on Alderaan before fleeing to A12-76, chased by Alderaan Police.

"No wonder they want him," Jana murmured, quickly shutting the console down and leaving. She made her way back to the Echo and knocked on Nic's door.

"Hey, I'm back," she said through his door.

starmark2k
01-28-2006, 02:17 PM
Nic was in a daze he wasn't really concentrating on the information he called up onto his console. There were too many rules on the Alderaan docking proceedures 'all ship weapon systems must be shut down 5000 kilometers from the planet' 'No wweapons of any kind are aloud outside the spaceport'. These kinds of things Nic always got tired of so quickly, Nic liked action and the unexpected, Thats why he gambled, Thats one of the reasons he became a Mercenary.

Nic was almost falling asleep when he heard jana call him from outside his room. He pushed the chair out and walked over to the door hiting the open button.

"Hey Jana, So what did you find out about our special 'guest?"

Writer
01-28-2006, 02:27 PM
"Our 'guest' is none other than Tasser Goum," Jana told him and got a blank face. "Tasser Goum = Galaxy Killer?" Everyone had heard of the Galaxy Killer, the uncatchable murderer. Jana nodded.

"Yeah, that's right," she said. "Took eight cops to take him down... which sorta disturbs me seeing as there's only one escortin' him back to Alderaan."

starmark2k
01-28-2006, 02:32 PM
"there'll be nothing to worry about, I'm sure we can handle the 'galaxy Killer'. You're forgetting we're professionals. We eat guts like that for breakfast." Nic said In a way ment to inspire confidance. "We'll just take a few extra precautions, I'll get the doc to sedate him for most of the trip."

Writer
01-28-2006, 02:34 PM
"I still don't like it," Jana admitted. "But we already agreed, so there's no backing out."

She eyed him steadily. "We don't do that, y'know," she reminded him, remembering at least a few times when they had.

starmark2k
01-28-2006, 02:40 PM
"Oh you won't let me forget about that 1 time we had to back out of a deal. H ow was i suppose to know that the job needed us to be wookies and we got that bounty off our heads anyway." Nic said obviously frustrated with the incident being brought up again.

Writer
01-28-2006, 02:45 PM
"That and the time we dumped the cargo and got chased away by the planet's local law enforcement," Jana smirked. "Or the time we actually returned the stolen items..." Her voice trailed off and she looked into his eyes. Her voice and expressions indicated she was dead serious when she said, "But I forgot... we don't count that one... seeing as the people we stole it from needed it more than the people we stole it for."

starmark2k
01-28-2006, 02:54 PM
"Thats because We're the Good guys. Come on The Cleaners seem to have finished and the Passenger can't be to much longer." Nic said as he left his room and headed down to the Cargo bay floor.

steven
01-28-2006, 03:59 PM
"Hey, dont forget the time you did something and ended up with a no piolt" Said Jack, seeming to appear from nowhere "Becareful with our guests captain. Espically the prisoner. I'm going to stay gaurd outside his quaters when the ships on auto-piolt or when we've landed or something"

starmark2k
01-28-2006, 04:13 PM
Nic turns to look at Jack before he reaches the ladder. "The prisoner is psychopahic murderer, Famed for his ability to kill people before they know he's even looking at them. You are the only person who can fly this ship. I'd prefer it if you didn't, anyway thats the police officers Jobs and we're gona lock down the whole room." Nic turns back to Jana. "You two worry too Much. Now let's get ready for these Passengers." Nic Begin to climb down the ladder.

ExtreamJedi12
01-28-2006, 04:38 PM
Cloud walked past the G rooms with Beryl. He hears that they ned a cell for a prisoner and he shouts "Have it taken care of." He pulled out a remote and pressed a button labeled 'Cell'. Instantly, a laser shield appeared and covered the entrence of G3. "Like the shield? It's a design of my own. It produces a fireprooof, laserproof, waterproof shield. Also, if something goes in, it can't come out until I press the button or Nic presses his thumb on the gel pad, gets his retna scan, and Nic says something into the mic here." Cloud explained.

stingerhs
01-28-2006, 04:49 PM
Ryashana finished collecting her earnings from the other card players. If there was one thing she didn't mind using the Force for was at the gambling table. Even the slightest advantage can often times lead to massive gains. And so it was with this round of gambling. 8547 credits. This should be more than enough to cover the trip to Alderaan, she thought to herself. Checking the time, she noticed that she needed to get to the Echo so that she wouldn't be late.

Arriving at the Docking Bay where the Echo was stored, Ryshana didn't notice that she was being followed. The man that was following her stopped and went to an information terminal nearby. Unless somebody was actually watching him, nobody would have noticed him using a hidden comlink to notify the Imperials that a Jedi was on the station.

Ryshana entered the bay where the Echo was. She saw the Cleaning Crew as they were heading out, but she didn't see anybody else. "Umm, hello?? This is the ship I'm going on, right??"

starmark2k
01-28-2006, 04:57 PM
Nic Almost made it down the ladder when he heard someone call "Umm, hello?? This is the ship I'm going on, right??"

He turned around and stood on the top of the stairs that led off the cat-walk " You must be Ryshana Uti." He answered as he walked down the stairs to greet his passenger, Nic raised out his hand. "I'm Captain White, but you can call me Nic... Everyone else does."

steven
01-28-2006, 05:31 PM
"I can handel a psychopahic murderer" He said "I'm going to prep the ship for launch off. Just shout to me when your ready." And with that he went to the cockpit. He pressed a few bottens and with the push of a another botten they would lift off. While he waited for his captain to give the order he laied back in his chair and his mind began to wonder to his haunting past.

I'm glad your awake mr.Goren. I must appolgise about your death. There was nothing we could of done for you. Those battledroids killed you too fast. However they killed you in a unquie way, much to complicated for me to explain, all you need to know is that we were able to place your mind into a genetically enchaded body. We've made your apperance pretty similar to your former body. You shall be subjected to a seris of tests. If everything goes well you should soon be the ultimate war machiene.

JasraLantill
01-28-2006, 07:50 PM
"Like the shield?” said Cloud. “It's a design of my own. It produces a fireproof, laserproof, waterproof shield. Also, if something goes in, it can't come out until I press the button, or Nic presses his thumb on the gel pad, gets his retina scan, and Nic says something into the mic here."

"Really?" Beryl arched her eyebrows with interest. She looked over her shoulder, checking to see if Jana was anywhere to be seen. With the coast clear, she drew her blaster and fired at the shield. It still made a heck of a noise, but the energy from the blast was instantly absorbed by the shield. Beryl grinned. “I like!” she said to Cloud, as she casually re-holstered her weapon. “Well, now that that’s taken care of, let’s check those hyperdrive engines, shall we?"

Writer
01-28-2006, 08:18 PM
"Go easy on the weapons fire indoors, Beryl," Jana warned, slipping past Beryl and Cloud. "Passengers are boarding now."

She kept walking a little way and then turned, "And Beryl? This crew's a family, y'know? We'd hate to loose one of our family. I know how much you enjoy a good fight, but try to stay out of trouble... please?"

JasraLantill
01-28-2006, 08:34 PM
Beryl sighed and rolled her eyes. Even though Jana was a couple years younger than she was, she did a really good impression of her own mother's 'don't-play-soldier-in-the-house' voice.

"Ok, I'll try," she replied, in her best 'mom-I-am-really-sorry-that-I-tracked-mud-on-the-floor-you-spent-all-day-polishing' voice. "C'mon, Cloud, let's go. Before I get us both 'grounded'."

Writer
01-28-2006, 08:48 PM
Jana nodded and turned to observe the shield in front of what would be the cell. "Nice," she murmured. Thoughtfully, she withdrew a long knife strapped to her belt and jabbed it at the shield. The blade slid in and Jana frowned. When she tried to pull the blade back out, it stuck, refusing to be pulled out.

"Great." She pulled harder only to loose her grip and tumble backward into the door of Cloud's room. Quickly straightening herself, she prepared to work again at retrieving her knife when she noticed the button labeled 'cell'.

"O' course it'd be easy," she muttered, pressing the button and catching the knife as it fell. Then, she pressed the button again, bringing the shield back up. With that done, she glanced around and headed toward the cargo bay. When she arrived on the catwalk, she saw that Ryshana had already arrived.

"Ah, Ryshana!" she said, coming down from the catwalk. "I see you've met the Captain. Welcome aboard the Echo. You'd like a tour, I'm sure."

stingerhs
01-29-2006, 12:36 AM
"You must be Ryshana Uti." He answered as he walked down the stairs to greet his passenger, Nic raised out his hand. "I'm Captain White, but you can call me Nic... Everyone else does."

With a bright smile, Ryshana took Nic's hand and shook it. "Its good to meet you Captain," she said. "Ah, Ryshana!" Jana said, coming down from the catwalk. "I see you've met the Captain. Welcome aboard the Echo. You'd like a tour, I'm sure."

"Thank you, I'd appriciate that," Ryshana replied to Jana.

Meanwhile, an entire platoon of Stormtroopers was being dispatched from the local Imperial Headquarters on the station. Running quickly for the dock where the Echo is, they began to load their weapons....

starmark2k
01-29-2006, 06:02 AM
Seconds later several men of station security surrounding a handcuffed man approached the ship, Nic walked outside. "So this is the Galaxy Killer." He said as he looked upon the tall and muscular Man. "Funny i thought he'd have a beard... We set up a cell upstairs."

The guards escorted The Prisoner up the ladder and Nic deactivated the Cell 'containment' systred to get the Man in after he was plased in the door shut locked and up went the doors shield. All but Captain Wade left the ship...

steven
01-29-2006, 06:14 AM
In the cockpit Jack saw in the platoon of storm troopers enter the hanger. Jack heard Nick locking up the prisoner and saw the gaurds men leaving the ship. "Captain! We've got storm troopers advancing on our location! I'm guessing nows the time we leave?"

ExtreamJedi12
01-29-2006, 10:37 AM
Cloud and Beryl when Cloud heard that stormtroopers were advancing in on them. "What the hell?" Cloud said. "Let's hurry and fix this thing." Cloud went as fast as he could, taking part after part off with his wrench and either putting in new ones or putting back the old ones good as new.

JasraLantill
01-29-2006, 01:33 PM
Beryl was always impressed at the speed Cloud could perform repairs when he put his mind to it. Like a surgical assistant, she handed him tools & parts back and forth as he used them—hydro spanner, hex extractor, spatial connector, auto-leveling Mag coupler, hydrospanner again, vari-tune flange, diagnostic scanner, fractional welder, hydrospanner once more, carbon polariser…. She grinned. It was truly amazing to see him work.

She knew he’d get the hyperdrive working before they actually needed it. He always did. But it was nice to feel that rush of adrenaline from being pressed for time.

Anyway, the sub-light engines were still on line. The Echo could still leave port if she had to. And if there were some ‘Imperial hurdles’ to jump over upon departure, Nic & Jana could always take care of them with the turrets. And if they couldn’t, well, Beryl was quite happy to dispose of the remainder with the Headhunter.

starmark2k
01-29-2006, 01:41 PM
Nic ran in to the cockpit and Jumped into his seat, He checked the scanners. "Jack it's time to do your thing." Nic continued to look at the sensors then hit the ships internal communicator. "Short Stuff, Psycho. Get to battle battle possitions, we have 12 Ties waiting for us outside... I guess the imps want this prisoner of ours." Nic turns to Jack "As soon as Cloud says we're clear tell Psycho to get back onboard, then hit the Hype."

steven
01-29-2006, 01:52 PM
Jack leaned foward and hit the botten. With no dillay the ships ramp closed and Echo lifted off from the ground and backed into space. He then turned the ship around and activated the thrusters. "Captain, I suggest you get your ass on your turret." He then hit the intercom bottem and said to 'Quick drop hanger "Beryl, you can get out their and help whenever you feel like it!"

starmark2k
01-29-2006, 02:07 PM
"I'd have to agree with you Jack." Nic said as he got up and ran out. He ran strait through the Common Room knocking down a couple of chairs in his haste. He quickly made it to the ladder in the middle of the Corridor and began to climb up to the top turret. Nic sat in the seat and put on the Turrets headset, He switched on the targetting computer. "Ties will be in range in 30 seconds."

Writer
01-29-2006, 02:16 PM
"Ready," Jana announced from the lower turret. She saw the fighters lurking and her hand hovered over the targeting computer switch. Sure, it helped, but that wasn't skill. She left it off and moved the turret slightly to the right. The TIE fighters came into range and Jana started firing. After she'd hit two of them, she decided it wasn't time to test skills and switched on the targeting computer. Boom, another down.

"I know the targeting computer makes things faster," she muttered. "But somehow, I feel like I'm cheating this way..."

XoRRoX
01-29-2006, 02:31 PM
Some new vormiting sounds come from Olivers room.

"Ohh...i...feel..dizzy..." Oliver mumbles, while he's trying to stand up. "I shouldn't have..." he mumbles before he vomit, again, on the flour.

The stinky smell of vormit spreds out of Oliver's room.

starmark2k
01-29-2006, 02:32 PM
Nic locked on to one before it was in the weapons range, He watched the distance reading quickly count down the meters as the tie got closer. The Reading suddenly hit the turrets range and Nic began to Fire three energy shots, The first missed but that was due to the general inaccuracy of the weapon. The second impacted rigt on the centre causing it to become a fast moving fireball. He quickly changed target and tracked it for a few moments before he took his shot. A direct Hit.

"I know the targeting computer makes things faster," she muttered. "But somehow, I feel like I'm cheating this way..." Nic heard through his headset.

"These 'Eye Balls' need to get some shield, They make it too easy."

Writer
01-29-2006, 02:37 PM
"Shields on them would justify the use of the targeting computer," Jana complained. "This is too easy."

Two more shot down and a third targeted.

ExtreamJedi12
01-29-2006, 02:52 PM
Cloud continued to fix. It was hard to concentrate with the Imperials firing at the Echo. "Geez, what do these Imps want?" Cloud said while using the hydrospanner. He then connected with Nic's com-link. "Damn, these Imperials are serious. Give me a few more seconds so I can finish up."

JasraLantill
01-29-2006, 03:12 PM
"Hey, you guys, leave some for me!" Beryl complained on the comm.

The Headhunter had dropped quickly out of the bay, partially because she had used full reverse thrusters on the way out. A dangerous manoeuvre, but she'd done it so often that it was child's play to her now. And so were TIE fighters.

Now, she was trailing the three remaining fighters. She knew Jana probably had one in her sights. Nic probably had one too. It was hardly worth the effort. Unless...

She fired upon the middle one at the same time Jana did. "Hey, that counts as mine!" Beryl said to Jana, as the Headhunter flew through the aftermath.

As expected, one TIE began to circle around to get behind her while the other flanked the Echo.

She followed the second one, fully aware that she was leaving herself open from behind. Never one to bother with targeting visors much, she took casual aim and fired. Once. The shot was just over the bow, making the TIE turn away from the Echo.

"Boo!" she said for emphasis.

The other TIE was just on her tail now. She grinned. She reversed full thrust on one of her engines, and turboed the other one, a move which allowed her to make a pinpoint turn. Full thrusters on both once more, and she was heading directly toward the fighter as if playing in a game of chicken. Twin engines were good.

With the gap closing, she knew the other pilot would be beginning to panic. Targeting computers didn't work at this close of a range. And Imp's always seemed to rely on the silly buggers. She waited until she saw his 'buddy' swing out to assist him. They were both well away from the Echo now. She fired an array, destroying the strut on the approaching one, which caused it to spin wildly in the direction of the other one. The two small ships collided in a bright flash of sparks and burning fuel.

She fired an array, just for fun, destroying any lingering debris bigger than a womp rat.

"Aw, damn, Nic, they're all gone," she said, disappointedly. "I'm coming in."

starmark2k
01-29-2006, 03:27 PM
Nic Checked the Sensor display in the turret "looks like you're right, Come on in so we can get out of here." Nic then switched the headset com to the ships internal speakers. "Cloud get a move on the Imps have proberly called for back-up and we don't want to go one on one with a dreadnault." Nic Shut all the turrets systems down and moved the turret in to its standby position. He climbed down the stairs and walked over to the bridge.

"Set a course for alderaan, Make sure we stay off the imps radars." Nic said standing behind Jack

JasraLantill
01-29-2006, 03:50 PM
Beryl loved her Z-95 Headhunter. Sure it was an older model, but she had made some custom modifications to it over the past few months. Now it was like a comfortable boot. Practical, functional, and could give a powerful kick when needed.

As she waited for the hanger door to open, she did a few barrel rolls and loops, just for fun. It wasn’t as much fun as dodging fighters, but….

The hanger doors were open. Playtime was over. Before entering she checked her scanners to see if anything else was about. All clear, for the moment. She landed without problems inside the Echo, and the door bays shut behind her. Once the hanger was repressurised, she slid back the bubble hatch, reconnected the quick drop triggers, and then headed up to Engineering to see how Cloud was doing.

“We’ll be singing, when we’re winning,” she sang, intentionally a bit off key, as she trotted through the cargo bay and up the stairs to the catwalk. “We get knocked down, but we get up again, they’re never gonna keep us down. We get knocked down, but we get up again.” She paused a moment. Hmm. There was a nice echo going in the cargo bay. “They’re never gonna keep us down,” she continued, heading up the ladder to engineering. “We shoot a trooper down, we shoot a fighter down, we shoot a turret down, we shoot a cruiser down. They take aim at the fighters from the port side, while I shoot the remainder in the backside….”

Writer
01-29-2006, 04:00 PM
Jana laughed, hearing Beryl's echoing song and climbed up out of the turret and headed to the bridge. She found Nic there and told him, "I think Beryl's come up with a theme song for us... a little off key, but we can work with it."

starmark2k
01-29-2006, 04:05 PM
Nic laugthed "As long as you're not the one doing the singing it should be fine." Nic Grinned. "Remember the The time we infiltrated the Hutt palace when we where freelance, Never going to play the part of entertainers again. I've never been shot at so many times."

He then looked back down the corridor he noticed the police officer standing outside the door. "Let's go see how our passengers are."

Writer
01-29-2006, 04:18 PM
Jana laughed, pretended to be offended and slapped Nic's shoulder. "Hey! You're the one that sang off-key! At the end, I was trying to match you so it would be at least a little less offensive!"

Then, she also noticed the police officer and nodded to Nic. "Yes, let's do that."

She approached Wade. "Captain Wade," she said with a smile. "So glad you made it before those Imperials did. I imagine you are too."

"I didn't think they knew where we were," Wade said, his face pale. "If I had, I'd never have put you and your crew in such danger... I'm sorry."

"We live in danger more than we care to admit, Captain," Jana offered comfortingly. "What we saw back there is nothing new."

starmark2k
01-29-2006, 04:22 PM
Nic waited until Jana finished "and you don't have to worry about them knowing where you are. We used a Fake ship ident before we docked and Our Engineer made a Jamming device so the imps sensor don't have squat."

steven
01-29-2006, 04:24 PM
"Hey captain. I've plotted a course that'll avoid any imperal attention at all. But we're going to need to make a few stops on the way. Tell me when the hyper-thingy is ready"

Writer
01-29-2006, 04:28 PM
Wade seemed relieved. "Thank you. I imagine the Alderaanian government will repay you for this trouble."

Jana smiled. "Getting the Galaxy Killer out of business is reward enough."

((Might Nic say something like, "But we'll take whatever they offer, thanks." :D ))

starmark2k
01-29-2006, 04:33 PM
Nic looked down at Jana shocked and quickly stepped inbetween her and Wade. "Yea but if there is a reward it'll be rude not to take it." He turns around and looks at Jana and mouths 'stop being so nobel'. He then turns around and smiles at Wade. "Sorry she's an idealist."

Writer
01-29-2006, 04:40 PM
Jana sighed and shook her head. "You see I fight a loosing battle," she told Wade. He laughed.

"Yes, I see that," he said, clearly amused and finally loosening up a bit. He turned to Nic. "You're the captain, right? Maybe you should keep your crew on a tighter leash." He was joking, it was clear and Jana definitely had something to say about that.

"Oh, no, no," she laughed. "If this ship were left to his decisions, it'd be in a million pieces now."

starmark2k
01-29-2006, 04:46 PM
Nic Laughs "Yes, Yes, I'm a terrorable Captain." He joked, "The crew tend to eat together as it's easier for us to stay on the same timetable, It ain't luxury but it'll keep you goin', You and our other passenger are welcome to join us. Suddenly a whiring sound came from engineering. "That's the hyperdrive," he turns to shout through the common room. "Jack let those stars streak!"

JasraLantill
01-29-2006, 05:16 PM
"Good job, kid," Beryl said, patting Cloud on the back. "As always." She gave him a wink before heading out the door and into the corridor.

She had plans to go down to the hanger to paint another TIE glyph on her ship, but she paused at the ladder when she heard Nic say, "The crew tend to eat together as it's easier for us to stay on the same timetable. It ain't luxury but it'll keep you goin'."

Beryl frowned, and quickly counted on her fingers. "Damn!" she whispered under her breath. It was her turn to cook. She rolled her eyes. It wasn't that she was a bad cook. In fact, just the opposite. Being from a large family meant that she had had plenty of practice. But cooking for the guys and Jana was one thing. Cooking for passengers was something else. Maybe she could persuade Jana to change the roster....

Writer
01-29-2006, 05:53 PM
"What about..." Wade began to ask, but Jana cut him off.

"Not to worry, Captain Wade," she said. "We'll make sure the Galaxy Killer doesn't die on you. You'll get him back to Alderaan alive and kicking."

steven
01-29-2006, 06:00 PM
"Maybe kicking isn't the best word to use, Jana." Said Jack as he walked past "Because as I recall his fith victim was kicked to death. Captain Whats-your-face, I also recall his fourth victim was a good friend of mine. If it doesn't bother you I would like ten minutes with the S.O.B"

Writer
01-29-2006, 06:03 PM
"Actually, it does bother me," Wade answered stiffly. "He is not to be harmed in transit."

"You plan on talkin' him to death, Goren?" Jana asked, amused. "Seeing as we're not gonna let you through the containment shield, that's your best bet." She turned to Wade. "He wants to talk to Galaxy Killer, we can let him, but we'll be close to be sure he doesn't do anything foolish."

She turned to Jack and said, "I just finished telling Beryl that we're a family. We don't want to loose any of our family, so I'd really appreciate it if all you'd consider doing is talking."

steven
01-29-2006, 06:07 PM
"Just a private word.. and maybe a punch. The guy doesn't desrive death. Death would mercy. And he doesn't diserve an ounce of that" Said Jack, in his normal cold, empty voice.

Writer
01-29-2006, 06:11 PM
"No!" Wade protested. "We're not giving him the chance to get out! He'd kill us all."

"For once I'll agree with our passenger," Jana said. She turned to Jack. "Look, I understand you're mad at him for what he did, but maybe you haven't heard that many stories about him. He'd kill you before you even realized he wanted to."

JasraLantill
01-29-2006, 06:14 PM
Still lingering at the ladder, Beryl listened with interest at the conversation happening between Jack and Jana.

"The guy doesn't deserve death," she heard Jack say. "Death would mercy. And he doesn't diserve an ounce of that."

Beryl brightened. "Hey, Jack," she said to him. "You could always cook for him tonight?" she suggested, hoping to get out of galley duty tonight. She grinned. "That's enough like torture for the guy's first night on board, isn't it?"

Writer
01-29-2006, 06:56 PM
"No!" Wade protested again. "He's not leaving his cell!"

Jana laughed. "Yes, I can just imagine the Galaxy Killer in the kitchen, burning our dinner because he was so busy killing us." She shook her head. "Still trying to get out of it, Beryl? Darn! Was thinkin' of puttin' you in charge of meals permanently... whenever you're not getting into fights, gambling with Nic, or blasting TIEs in the Headhunter."

"Come on, Beryl," she went on seriously. "You're good at meal-making and Nic hasn't yet caved in to my pleas for a cook, so until he does we're on the schedule... and you are next."

JasraLantill
01-29-2006, 07:35 PM
Beryl opened her mouth to protest, but then reconsidered as there was a passenger there. And a uniformed one at that. Probably wouldn’t inspire Captain Wade to have much confidence in the Echo’s ability to transport a dangerous prisoner if he saw her try to argue with the first mate. Besides there was always the possibility that Jana might always make good on her jovial threat to make Beryl a ‘galley slave’. Inside, she shuddered at the thought.

“Yeah, all right,” she said casually. “Erm…I mean, yes, ma’am,” she added respectfully as an afterthought. After all, ‘Captain’ Wade was watching. “Dinner in an hour, if that’s alright with you, sir,” she said as she passed Captain Wade and started down the corridor.

Nice looking guy, she thought. Too bad he’s in law enforcement. Never could deal with men in authoritative positions. But he looked like the type that wouldn’t mind eating Nuna Cacciatore.

Just outside the med bay, she paused for a brief moment. Her nose wrinkled at the strong odour of alcohol seeping from behind the door. “Oh, that’s appetizing,” she said under her breath as she grimaced. Okay, menu change. Nuna Cacciatore for the rest of us, and strong coffee for Impe. Very strong coffee.

stingerhs
01-29-2006, 11:39 PM
((dang it. i really hate missing all the action. oh well, here we go...))

Ryshana could feel something coming towards the hangar and turned her head towards the entrance. All she could feel was something terrible coming, and that meant one thing: someone had found her.

"Captain! We've got storm troopers advancing on our location! I'm guessing nows the time we leave?"

Already inside the Echo, Ryshana quickly found an empty room and turned the corner quickly. As the Echo took off, Ryshana released her lightsaber that was concealed in her clothes. Strapping into a nearby chair, Ryshana concentrated on the battle outside. She could feel the enemy pilots desperately trying to destroy the Echo, and she could also feel them die as the crew shot them out one by one. It was an all too familier feeling of that of someone dying but knowing that person wouldn't trouble her any longer. All it did was make Ryshana grimace inside.

After the maneuvering stopped, Ryshana just remained sitting in the chair with her head leaning backwards. She felt surprisingly exhausted and slowly began to shut her eyes....

Ryshana quickly opened her eyes and checked a nearby terminal for the time: just three minutes of sleep. Well, hopefully this won't be a very exciting trip, Ryshana thought. Finally unstrapping herself, Ryshana exited the small room and headed up towards what she assumed was the meeting room. Seeing Jana, Ryshana felt slightly relieved. "So, about that tour you were talking about..."

Writer
01-30-2006, 01:45 AM
Jana smiled. "Ah, yes. The tour. Now that we've evaded the Imperials, I can give that to you." She began to lead Ryshana up toward the cockpit, but stopped at the sight of Wade.

"Oh, Ryshana Uti, this is Captain Elliott Wade of the Alderaan Police," she said. "Captain, this is our third passenger."

"A pleasure to meet you, Miss Uti," Wade said, bowing slightly.

"Captain Wade is taking a prisoner back to Alderaan," Jana explained.

starmark2k
01-30-2006, 08:44 AM
Nic had left Jana and Beryl to tend to their guest, he desided to leave assoon as Jana started up her old arguement for a permanant cook. He went back into his room and changed his clothing to slightly more casual outfit. He often did this on long flights as he thought it was better to be confidatible and there was no point in Wearing armour when no one would be shooting at him. He did consider their prisoner for a moment, but he Just thought "Clouds a genius, The prisoner ain't going anywhere."

Nic left his room and went into the Common room, Beryl was Cooking while Jana, Wade and the other passenger spoke. He walked over to the group and caught the conversation.

"and the 'eye balls' n' bucket heads obviously wanted him so thats why we had the speedy getaway, aswell as the poor excuse for a TIE attack." Nic said with a Smile looking at Ryshana "I hope it wasn't to stressful."

ExtreamJedi12
01-30-2006, 09:51 AM
Cloud heard something about 'eye balls and bucketheads'." He figued they were talking about TIEs and stormtroopers. "I wonder if I really seen that Ryshana." Cloud thinks. He goes to his room and brings up an Imperial database and searches up 'Ryshana Uti'. "Why am I doing this?" Cloud thinks. "This is wrong. She deserves some privacy." Cloud leaves his room, unknowingly leaving the database on, showing a bounty sheet for Ryshana.

stingerhs
01-30-2006, 11:06 AM
((just a note there: the last name of Uti is just a cover for Ryshana's real last name. ;) ))

"Oh, Ryshana Uti, this is Captain Elliott Wade of the Alderaan Police," she said. "Captain, this is our third passenger."
"A pleasure to meet you, Miss Uti," Wade said, bowing slightly.

"And it's good to meet you Captain Wade," Ryshana stated as she returned the bow.

"and the 'eye balls' n' bucket heads obviously wanted him so thats why we had the speedy getaway, aswell as the poor excuse for a TIE attack." Nic said with a Smile looking at Ryshana "I hope it wasn't to stressful."

"Not a problem. Its been a while since I've been on a ship in combat, but it doesn't exactly measure up to anything that I've dealt with before. Its not something I missed from the Clone Wars, but it does bring back a couple of memories," Ryshana replied to Nic.

JasraLantill
01-30-2006, 11:41 AM
"Not a problem. Its been a while since I've been on a ship in combat, but it doesn't exactly measure up to anything that I've dealt with before. Its not something I missed from the Clone Wars, but it does bring back a couple of memories."

Ship in combat? Clone Wars? Beryl stopped chopping up the nuna, and looked up with interest at the newcomer. From behind the galley bar, she discreetly observed the T'wilek. Ryshana didn't look much like an average soldier or even an officer to Beryl, but then again not everyone who fought in the Wars was a soldier....

Ach, it's none of my business, Beryl thought to herself. She shrugged and went back to preparing dinner.

starmark2k
01-30-2006, 01:25 PM
Nic was surprised to hear that there passenger was involved in the War, but he then thought that Jana suspected she was with this new Rebel alliance. Nic had heard a few things about this rebel alliance mainly from Beryl who had two brothers in it. At the moment the Rebel Alliance was little more then a loose affiliation of small Rebellion groups that were trying to resist the Empire on their home-worlds. The groups had little contact with each other at the moment they mainly traded with each othe, If one group stole a surplus of weapons they would trade the leftovers with a group with none or little. There are rumours that Bail organa and Mon mothma are attempting to make it more but Nic thinks nothing will happen.

"You're a fellow Clone War Vet', Well i say i'm a Veterin but i didn't see much of the war on Naboo, When the clones moved in i bearly did basic police Work." Nic said to the Twi'lek "Where did you serve?"

stingerhs
01-30-2006, 02:10 PM
"Its not a matter of where I served, but how. I was actually a Seperatist Mercenary recruited from Saleucami. Us Mercenaries didn't have a very glorious role in the War, though. My squad was primarily involved in sabotage and such. Although my last stint was at the end of the war during the 5 month Republic siege of Saleucami as a fighter pilot. But then I was fighting much more for the protection of my homeworld than the Seperatists.

Now, there is no Confederation nor a Republic. Both sides are gone, and now I just have to wonder who was truely defeated in the war."

starmark2k
01-30-2006, 02:17 PM
"We all were." Nic answered, Nic didn't hold on to the past that much, He saw the war for what it was a diversion to distract everyone from what was really going on. The only person who won was the supreme chancelor turned Emperor. Nic had no problems with the sepritists, he now feels they may have been the right side.

steven
01-30-2006, 03:20 PM
You intent to just lie on your bed while my killer is a few rooms down A young causain bruenet stood beside Jack as he tried to get a bit of sleep before the first stop.
"Yep. That's the plan" He replied.
Those enchancements those scientics gave you gives you a huge advantage over that phyco. You can kill him The women said, failing to presade Jack to kill their second passenger.
"Can. Wouldn't. Now go away"Ordered Jack
[I]No Goren! You just dont care! Do you! You dont give a crap at a cold blooded murder is on your ship[I]
"Nope" Jack pulled out a sirign and injected himself with a blue liquid that put him straight to sleep but not before saying "Another 7 hours till first stop. Have enough time... For sleep"

JasraLantill
01-30-2006, 03:49 PM
As she finished preparing dinner, Beryl listened unobtrusively to the conversation taking place between Nic and Ryshana.

"… Separatist Mercenary recruited from Saleucami,” said Ryshana. “Us Mercenaries didn't have a very glorious role in the War, though.”

Yeah. Right. She’s just being modest, thought Beryl.

“… primarily involved in sabotage…”

Sabotage? Sabotage can be glorious. At least, that what my brother Joshi told me. Then again, he also told me that there was such a thing as a closet monster when I was five. Liar.

“… last stint was at the end of the war…”

That’s when the best fighting takes place! Plenty of glory opportunities!

“…. Republic siege of Saleucami as a fighter pilot.”

Beryl arched an eyebrow. Fighter pilot? Did she say fighter pilot? Ha! I knew she wasn’t a common grunt soldier!

“….fighting much more for the protection of my homeworld than the Seperatists.”

As good of a reason as any.

“Now, there is no Confederation nor a Republic.”

No. Just a crusty old Emperor and his handful of puppets with their own delusions of grandeur. Like our own bantha-brained Diktat on Corellia.

“Both sides are gone…”

Well, there is still the Rebellion. And don’t forget the good ol’ Corporate Sector Authority with their highly annoying ‘Espos’! Not much better than Imp’s, but they do wear more fashionable uniforms.

“… have to wonder who was truly defeated in the war."

"We all were,” said Nic.

Erm…what?!

Even though it was against her better judgement, Beryl felt compelled to speak on behalf of her three brothers out there fighting for the Rebellion. She hadn’t heard from any of them in months and it was beginning to get to her.

“Hey! Who says the war is over?” she said to them, with a slight air of indignity. “There’s a Corellian saying, ‘A war isn’t over until the last soldier is buried.’ And from what I’ve seen, there are still plenty of ‘Republic’ sympathisers slash soldiers running about out there. And…”

The timer on the re-heater binged.

Whew! Saved by the bell! She didn’t want to go into any more detail about her brothers or her own Rebellion sympathies in front of a stranger. Yeah, Ryshana said she was a former Separatist, but that didn’t mean she was still one now. Beryl flashed Nic a quick grin. “Dinner’s ready, chief!”

starmark2k
01-30-2006, 04:14 PM
Nic Smiled, Beryl could be quite emotional when it came to her family. "Kay people, Grubs up." Nic said and moved over to the table, he pointed over to the Availible seats for the guests to take as he sat down at the head of the table.

((This is one of those Character development parts when we can talk about our characters past live with people asking question while they eat.))

steven
01-30-2006, 04:26 PM
Jack's eyes snapped open "Damm you Nick" He must of release I was taking the sleep stuff and switched it which bubble-gum flavoured juice.
He then heard nick shout out "Kay people, grups up"

Jack jumped off the bed and walked to the dinner table. He sat down at his usuall seat and waited for everyone else to join.

stingerhs
01-30-2006, 05:42 PM
“Hey! Who says the war is over?” she said to them, with a slight air of indignity. “There’s a Corellian saying, ‘A war isn’t over until the last soldier is buried.’ And from what I’ve seen, there are still plenty of ‘Republic’ sympathisers slash soldiers running about out there. And…”

"Perhaps, but the Repbulic no longer exists. It is difficult to sympathise for a cause if the cause no longer remains. Besides, the Clone Wars are over. If another war rises to take its place, then it will be a very different war of which this galaxy hasn't seen since the Sith Remnant tried to retain their empire through mass scale treachery, sabotage, and guerilla warfare over 4,000 years ago," Ryshana theorized.

"Kay people, Grubs up." Nic said and moved over to the table, he pointed over to the Availible seats for the guests to take as he sat down at the head of the table.

Well, I guess I could use some food, Ryshana thought while remembering the fried Krayt Eggs she had back at the spaceport. Besides, it smells delicious.

ExtreamJedi12
01-30-2006, 06:12 PM
When Cloud heard dinner was ready, he was on his way back to his room. "Coming." Cloud shouted. He quickly made his way to the mess hall. "What's for dinner?"

starmark2k
01-30-2006, 06:17 PM
"Beryl's Nuna Cacciatore." Nic answered to his engineer and turned his head to Ryshana "So Miss Uti, Care to tell us why you are going to Alderaan?"

JasraLantill
01-30-2006, 07:15 PM
Jana and Captain Wade were on their way to the table, but before Beryl sat down (cause she’d been serving the plates up) Beryl did a quick headcount. Then she frowned. Without a word, she walked purposefully out of the common room and down the corridor.

She stopped directly in front of the med bay door and banged heavily on it. “Impe! Chow time!” She paused, and put her ear closer to the door. She could hear someone stirring inside, but they weren’t stirring fast enough for her. Time for a different approach.

“Oh, Oliver,” she said in a sweet sing-song persuasive voice. “I’ve brewed some nice, fresh-ground, aromatic black coffee. Just how you like it.”

She thought she heard a muffled acknowledgement. Shrugging, she went back to the common room.

She sat down at the table, but not before giving Ryshana a suspicious look that she hoped would rival one of Jana’s. Well, maybe not quite rival it, but perhaps it would debut on the ‘Jana Vincent top-ten dirty looks chart’ at around number seven.

Sitting at the table with an Alderaan policeman was one thing. But Beryl wasn’t quite sure what to make of the T’wilek at all. There was something…disconcerting about her that Beryl couldn’t quite place her finger on. And because of this feeling, she immediately didn’t trust her. But, Jana and Nic seemed to trust her….well, maybe not so much her as her ability to pay… so Beryl would try her best not to shoot her mouth off. She could do that, right? As long as Ryshana didn’t mention anything really derogatory about who was fighting in the Rebellion. Or mention the Empire. Or anything about Corellia. Or the pitfalls of a Headhunter. Or…

Beryl stuffed a large forkful of food into her mouth. Not being able to talk because her mouth was full was a good enough excuse to keep quiet.

ExtreamJedi12
01-30-2006, 07:23 PM
"Looks delicous. Once again, Beryl graces us with one of her meals." Cloud said in delight. For some reason, she always made the best meals on the Echo. He sat down took a bite and after he chewed and swallowed, he said "Whoooie. This is one good meal. Just like Mom used to make on Aldeeran. Too bad dear, old Dad left for Naboo to become one of the Royal Guard." Cloud continued to eat the food.

JasraLantill
01-30-2006, 07:44 PM
Beryl swallowed hard, nearly choking. “You never told me you were from Alderaan?” she said to Cloud. "Heck, you never even told me you had parents!" she added wryly. So much for keeping quiet.

Writer
01-30-2006, 07:49 PM
Jana laughed. "Everyone comes from somewhere, Beryl," she said. "And they all typically have parents too."

JasraLantill
01-30-2006, 08:22 PM
Beryl swallowed before answering. "Jana, if there's one thing I've learned, in this Galaxy, there are always exceptions to every rule." She flicked her eyes towards Jack. "But I agree, typically, yes, most everyone has parents." She took a sip of her drink. "Speaking of parents, have you heard from yours lately? Since my dad died, I don't get much news from home anymore."

ExtreamJedi12
01-30-2006, 09:54 PM
"Speaking of Dad, I really haven't heard from him since the day the 501st went to Naboo." Cloud told Beryl. "You do know who the 501st are, don't you?"

stingerhs
01-30-2006, 10:14 PM
"So Miss Uti, Care to tell us why you are going to Alderaan?"

For the first time, Ryshana's heart skipped a beat. So far, she had done quite well in maintaining her backstory, but this was a question she hadn't completely thought through. Quickly taking a bite of the food so she could think it over for a second, Ryshana paused to take in the flavor of the food.

"Mmm, now that is good," Ryshana stated after swallowing the food. "As for Alderaan, I have a couple of friends that I've been wanting to get together with for quite some time. But with the work I've been doing since the war, I just haven't been able to do it."

Writer
01-30-2006, 11:16 PM
At the mention of the 501st, Jana grimaced. "Vader's Fist," she muttered. Then, she nodded to Ryshana. "War changes things... that's for damn sure."

She shook her head. "That's part of the reason I don't want to go home... don't much like the idea of how much it might've changed since I've been there last."

starmark2k
01-31-2006, 08:40 AM
Nic Had eaten about a third of his meal listening to the various conversations around the table, He always liked it when the crew ate together. Everyone seemded to get on, even when they argued.

Jana shook her head. "That's part of the reason I don't want to go home... don't much like the idea of how much it might've changed since I've been there last."

"We're all here to get away from somewhere or someone, otherwise we wouldn't be on this ship." Nic took a sip of the Corellian ale he tried to keep a crate of in the Cargo Hold. "Everyone needs to escape once and while, this ship is just an opportunity to do so."

XoRRoX
01-31-2006, 09:46 AM
"I think i must come along" Oliver mumbled, why he changed clothes. He coulden't understand, why he did vormiting. "Maybe it was because of the jumba juice?" he asked himself.
Oliver changed his clothes to a nice siut, he had bought in Naboo. Maybe some spots of mud and cofee, but the spots could be covered by Olivers long hair.
He didn't say a word, when he jumped into his his chair. He looked on the new passengers, but none of them looked really interesting to him.

stingerhs
01-31-2006, 10:19 AM
"Well, I do have to ask: why does everyone seem to find me interesting? I've never seen such a curious crew of mercenaries?" Ryshana asked with a smile.

steven
01-31-2006, 12:23 PM
"If it makes you feel better I'm not curious." Said Jack "Quite the opposite attacually." Jack quickly finished he food and left for the cockpit "We should be coming up for our first stop."

starmark2k
01-31-2006, 01:21 PM
"Well, I do have to ask: why does everyone seem to find me interesting? I've never seen such a curious crew of mercenaries?" Ryshana asked with a smile.
"If it makes you feel better I'm not curious." Said Jack "Quite the opposite attacually." Jack quickly finished he food and left for the cockpit "We should be coming up for our first stop."

Nic watched Jack leave and walk into the cockpit. "Don't mind him he's not to good with passengers... or people in general actually. Anyway We're not your average Mercs and Is it so strange for a captain to want to know who's on his ship?"

stingerhs
01-31-2006, 01:33 PM
"Well, most people either don't want to know or they don't care. This is just a bit out of the ordinary for me," Ryshana stated while finishing up the last of her plate.

starmark2k
01-31-2006, 01:40 PM
Nic relaxed in his seat and took a sip from his corellian ale "O.K then let's make this fair, Ask me a question, anything you like." Nic said as he took another sip of his ale.

stingerhs
01-31-2006, 02:56 PM
"Fair enough. What's your take on Emperor Palpatine?"

starmark2k
01-31-2006, 03:44 PM
Nic Sat up strait and thought for a few seconds then had a rare completly serious face. "Palpatine's our lovable dictator, If you say any differant you'll be shot for treason against the Empire." Nic Smiled and laughed.

stingerhs
01-31-2006, 04:09 PM
"Really, now that's a rather sarcastic way to see things. If you want my opinion, I'd say that Palpatine has brought about the darkest time in the history of the Galaxy. Sure its 'security for all', but at the price of all but the most personal freedoms. It is tyranny at its darkest and most pinnacle point," Ryshana replied.

Writer
01-31-2006, 04:31 PM
Jana smiled and turned to Nic. "Wasn't that about the most well said and shortest speech you've ever heard on the subject?"

She turned to Ryshana. "Well said and to the point. I applaud." And she did. Then, she went back to her food.

XoRRoX
01-31-2006, 04:34 PM
While Nic and the passenger has the Palpatine debate, Oliver did suddenly wake up for his hangover.

"Well, the Empire and the Rebel Alliance is doing wrong things. It's not very democratic, that the Rebel's is fighting the Empire with many civilan costs. I would wish, that the civilian actually could say their opinion, without all the propaganda from both sides".

ExtreamJedi12
01-31-2006, 06:47 PM
Cloud quickly ate the rest of his share. "That was good, Beryl." Cloud said rubbing his stomach. "I'm going to head back to my room to sort my droid parts. If you need me, I'll be in my room." Cloud then made his way to his room.

JasraLantill
01-31-2006, 07:19 PM
Beryl had been trying to concentrate on eating, instead of entangling herself into a potentially contentious political debate. Sure she knew about the 501st. Did a nerf have antlers? She knew about them. And Vader. And Palpatine. And she hated them. Hated all of those who willingly served the Empire. Well, all of them except one.

Two of her brothers, Rayne and Nuss, had gone to fight with the Republic and their 'wonderful' clone armies during the Clone Wars. When Palpatine had declared himself Emperor, Rayne had returned to Corellia. Her brother Nuss, however, had not. She had said as much to Nic once, but hadn't bothered to correct his assumption that her brother had died. Nuss hadn't died. As far as Beryl knew, he still lived. And still served the Empire. Somewhere.

It was a secret that she had no wish to mistakenly divulge to anyone. Especially to an Alderaanian policeman or a T’wilek that seemed to have Rebellion sympathies. It was time to change the subject. And Cloud had just given her the opportunity.

"Ah, speaking of droids...," she said to Cloud, as she too rose from the table. "You don't happen to have a gasket for a D-size transversal ring floating about in that scrap heap of a room, do you? My flight sim's busted again. And since Nic is obviously not ready to lose again at cards..." She gave Nic a challenging grin. "...I figured I might need something else to occupy my time."

Writer
01-31-2006, 09:46 PM
"Well, the Empire and the Rebel Alliance is doing wrong things. It's not very democratic, that the Rebel's is fighting the Empire with many civilan costs. I would wish, that the civilian actually could say their opinion, without all the propaganda from both sides".

Jana glanced over at Oliver as he spoke and then shook her head. "You can't expect democracy from a dictator," she sighed. "But really, this discussion is getting entirely too political for me! Can't we think of something better to talk about?"

stingerhs
02-01-2006, 01:37 AM
Ryshana laughed lightly to herself, partly in relief that she wouldn't have to betray any of her true feelings that might give her away and also partly because she found all this uneasiness a bit humorous. "So, Jana, I take it you're a gunner of sorts on this ship. What kind of systems are you using for it??"

Writer
02-01-2006, 01:51 AM
"First mate and primary gunner," Jana agreed. She then went into great detail concerning the turrets, the targeting computers, and anything else that had anything to do with the ship's guns.

((Which I didn't explain since I'm not entirely sure :D ))

ExtreamJedi12
02-01-2006, 07:35 AM
"Ah, speaking of droids...," she said to Cloud, as she too rose from the table. "You don't happen to have a gasket for a D-size transversal ring floating about in that scrap heap of a room, do you? My flight sim's busted again. And since Nic is obviously not ready to lose again at cards..." She gave Nic a challenging grin. "...I figured I might need something else to occupy my time."

"Yeah, I do." Cloud told Beryl. "I'll go get it." Cloud then left for his room.
__________________________________________________ _______________

Cloud was looking in his room for the D-sized transversal ring when he seen that his computer was still on. "Oops." thought Cloud. He looked into the screen and it shown a link to the Galactic Databank. That shows every citazen in the Galaxy. thought Cloud. Cloud, agenst all of his principals, opened it and searChed for 'Ryshana Uti'. There was no file. There was one similar to it, but Cloud's Jawa Beer effect wore off and he closed the link. Strange, how can someone exist without their file in the Galactic Database?
__________________________________________________ _______________

Cloud returned to the table, carrying the part Beryl wanted. "Here you go, Beryl." Cloud said handing the part to her. "Nic, I need to speak to you and our passenger, Ms. Uti, alone for a minute."

Writer
02-01-2006, 07:41 AM
((ExtreamJedi12, do you have a problem with characters that have secrets? Is that why you feel you have to expose them? Did you get a PM from Starmark? If not, let me know and I'll forward it to you... we've been planning how Ryshana's identity is exposed... and your post is a bit off track...

Starmark: I suggest that, from now on, we use the Discussion Thread to talk about stuff like this too... I wonder if the PM really got to all of us :) ))

ExtreamJedi12
02-01-2006, 08:26 AM
((ExtreamJedi12, do you have a problem with characters that have secrets? Is that why you feel you have to expose them? Did you get a PM from Starmark? If not, let me know and I'll forward it to you... we've been planning how Ryshana's identity is exposed... and your post is a bit off track...

Starmark: I suggest that, from now on, we use the Discussion Thread to talk about stuff like this too... I wonder if the PM really got to all of us :) ))

(OOC: 1. No, I don't. 2. I didn't get a PM from Starmark.)

Writer
02-01-2006, 08:39 AM
((Sent you the PM from Starmark :) ))

starmark2k
02-01-2006, 08:46 AM
(OOC: 1. No, I don't. 2. I didn't get a PM from Starmark.)

((occ I'm sorry This is partly my fault, But stinger has stated that Uti is not her real last name so you wouldn't get a bounty sheet for her anyway... I was onl sending PMs to those who need to knoww the things so i wouldn't be spamming... I agree with wild i'll begin to use the Discussion thread from now on i'll start by post the PM i sent Sting and wild. Extream a decission must be made by stingerhs, If he dose not mind you knowing his chars a jedi you you will have to edit your post so you discover it in a differant fashon, If he does mind you will have to remove any knowledge of The jedi.

Again i am aware this is partly my thought and i apoligise to all for this confusion. ))

XoRRoX
02-01-2006, 01:03 PM
"Well - i'm going to medbay now" Oliver mumbled, while he leaved the common room. He was totally quiet, when he entered medbay.

stingerhs
02-01-2006, 04:02 PM
((what we can do for the time being is have it so that the bounty sheet is just a bit of suspicion for the crew. i'll have it so that Ryshana will just dismiss the claim as a coincidence. some of the crew can choose to be suspicious or not, but its not going to be revealed until later.))

JasraLantill
02-01-2006, 04:56 PM
((OOC: I don't want Beryl to be an obstacle to any 'future plans' so I've edited my post. She'll be in her own room for the time being.))

Beryl smiled. “Thanks, Cloud! I knew you’d come through for me!” She wiggled her eyebrows suggestively, then left the common room for hers.

Just before entering, she paused, looking first to her right at the door to Jack’s room, then to the left at the one that was now assigned to Ryshana. Oh, I really hope the T’wliek isn’t a snorer, she thought. I’d rather sleep in one of the gun turrets than be sandwiched between two of them.

Once inside her room, she pulled her Azcom Flight Sim Ultra-Pro Plus® module out from the storage box underneath her neatly made bed. Carefully sweeping a clear space on the desk amongst the numerous holo-images—some of friends, some of her and her brothers, some of the test models she had flown, and a special one of her, her mom, and Dad on her graduation day from the TCTA—she set the flight sim module down. From the drawer, she reverently removed a small cloth-wrapped bundle—her first set of tools. In a few moments, she had the faulty transversal ring gasket replaced. Now, to test it out.

After tidying her desk and returning the holo-images to their exact previous places, she removed her blaster & holster belt and hung it on the hook beside the bed. Then she strapped the remote unit securely around her waist, attached the sensors to the appropriate places on her body, then donned the sim gloves. She flexed her fingers in the mechanised gauntlets, then grinned. She loved the feel of them.

She plugged the module into a power port and turned it on. The appropriate lights flashed. The hum sounded right. Time for a test flight.

She sat down on her bed, with her back pressed up against the wall, put the occlusion visor over her eyes, then hit the power on button on the waist unit.

Immediately, she found herself in the cockpit of a Headhunter Z-95T, complete with Incom Gbk-435 hyperdrive motivator, twin Bak KX-5 laser cannons, twin Krupx MG5 concussion missile launchers, a Fabritech ANq 2.4 tracking computer and an SI 5g8 "Quickscan" vector imaging system with a PG-7u P-TAG.

“Please prepare for launch,” said a nebulous voice in her head. She entered launch instructions, then jammed down the thruster button. She even felt a realistic G-force sensation flatten her body against the seat as she shot out from the ‘space dock’ and into space.

“Enemy targets in five… four… three… two….”

Beryl grinned. Targets of her own choosing. Unlimited fuel. State-of-the-art weaponry. No chance of death or injury.

“…one.”

Beryl was in flight sim heaven.

starmark2k
02-02-2006, 08:33 AM
((@ Extremejedi- Can you please edit your post so we can continue, Please remove any referance to the name Oliaya and the jedi as there is no way you could possibly find out these things. Instead you can have somthing like there is no evidance of Ryshana Uti actually existing before a couple of years previous... This way it can insight suspicion but will still allow us to go with previous plans. This is the only fair solution to this problem. If you do not edit your post, it will come to a stand-still and Die. I don't think anyone wants that.
Thank You.))

ExtreamJedi12
02-02-2006, 08:45 AM
(OK. I was busy thinking on a way to edit it a way to favor your plans.)

starmark2k
02-02-2006, 02:02 PM
((OOC. Now everything has been edited this is how it will go in ten easy points...
1) Nic and Cloud will have a breif conversation about Uti (Others can join.)
2) we'll be in hyperspace and we power down the ship for 'sleep time'.
3) The prisoner escapes and kills wade, He disables the hyperdrive which wakes Nic up.
4) Nic Walks out his room and sees the prisoner, Nic and prisoner fight. This wakes up Jana.
5) Jana gets grabbed and has a knife against her throat, The prisoner now goes down to the Headhunter.
6) Ryshana saves Jana, We flush the prisoner out the air-lock.
7) Me and Jana go to the cockpit and discuss what happened while cloud fixes the hyperspace.
8) Imperials came and say they know we have a jedi on board, Jana puts two and two together.
9) We get into a small fight and escape.
10) We discover the Imps are waiting for us outside alderaan and agree to take Ryshana on as crew to keep her safe providing she helps us.))

Nic looks up at cloud and nods "O.K." He said as he stood up and walked out of the common room into the hanger. "What's the problem Cloud? If its got somthing to do with parts talk to Jana."

ExtreamJedi12
02-02-2006, 06:07 PM
"Well, I found out 2 things." Cloud said. 1. Jawa Beer makes me curious. 2. For some reason, under the influence of my Jawa Beer, I searched up Ryshana's name on the Galactic Database and didn't find anyone with the same name."

steven
02-02-2006, 06:46 PM
((Can I be the one who flushes him out of the airlock))

After putting the ship into hyperspace, Jack turned around and shut and locked the door behind him. Out of boredem Jack accessed the Echo's computer and began accesing files on the computer. While browsing the computers he noticed Beryl's sim. With nothing better to do we watched the sim.

JasraLantill
02-02-2006, 07:02 PM
Deeply involved in her sim game, Beryl's sooped-up Headhunter was skimming the atmosphere of a simulated planet, upside down of course, preparing for a strafing run on a small squadron of TIEs while launching one of her missles at a nearby Emp cruiser.

With her finger itching on the trigger, and just as the missle was about to hit the target, a light flashed on the console in front of her. Someone was monitoring her system. She grinned. She knew who it was.

"You know, Jack," she said into her simulated com link as the missile exploded into the side of the cruiser and she shot an array at the oncoming fighters. "You're always welcome to link up and join me. If you can stand the G's." And with that she dove down through the atmosphere, doing a tight barrel roll as she fired into the doomed squadron of the enemy.

Writer
02-02-2006, 07:30 PM
A small, strange-looking fighter entered the fray, blasting Imperials away. It wasnt any of the crew... in fact, there was no fighter like that in the ship's systems. The call name given was SithHunter. Seconds later, another headhunter entered the sim. Jana. She noticed the new fighter immediately.

"Beryl," she called. "Who's SithHunter?"

Text flashed up on the screen. None of you know me... I'm flying not far from you and detected your sim. My ship's too small to do much while in hyperpace. Hope you don't mind me jumping in here.

"Would like it better if I knew who you were," Jana answered. "And do you have a voice?"

Laughter sounded over the comm in Jana's simulated headhunter. "Yes, I have a voice. I just haven't used it much recently... not really anyone to talk to."

"You sound young-ish," Jana observed. "19? 20?"

"Older," the voice answered. "But I'm here for a firefight against Imperials, not a chat."

The strange fighter with SithHunter aboard zipped into the fray, following Beryl closely... almost too closely. Jana was about to order the stranger to pull back a little when her voice came back over the comm.

"I sense your concerns, Headhunter Two," she said. "Relax. I've had plenty of practice with this. Headhunter One, don't worry, if you pull back, you won't run into me."

The strange fighter slid smoothly under Beryl's Headhunter inverted and the ships continued to fly belly to belly. SithHunter matched Beryl's moves exactly.

"Beryl, did you add a friendly fighter to make this more interesting?" Jana asked, impressed.

"Beryl did nothing of the sort," the stranger said. "That's a pretty name, by the way."

"What's yours?" Jana shot back.

"You first," the stranger challenged.

"You're the stranger, you first," Jana snapped. "And how the hell are you hacking our signal?"

"My name's Riebe," the stranger answered. "And I'm really good with computers and the like."

"I'm Jana and I'm not much sure I like just how good you are with computers," Jana said.

"I'm sorry to hear that, Jana," Riebe said. "I'll be gone when the sim's over... I just wanted something to keep me occupied for a few minutes... I'm sure you understand."

"Beryl," Jana called on a private line. "Is there a way to filter this stranger's signal out?"

But Riebe heard it. "Do you see this little fighter I'm using in the sim?" she demanded. "That's exactly what I'm flying in real life. Just let me play. I'll be gone at the end. I promise."

Jana sighed heavily. "Alright. Beryl, I'll want to talk with you when this is over."

JasraLantill
02-02-2006, 08:15 PM
"Beryl, did you add a friendly fighter to make this more interesting?" Jana asked, impressed.

Beryl was about to answer, when the stranger cut in.

"Beryl did nothing of the sort," the stranger said. "That's a pretty name, by the way."

Beryl rolled her eyes. Then rolled her eyes again as they exchanged ‘firsts’.

"My name's Riebe," the stranger answered. "And I'm really good with computers and the like."

Pretty good with flying, too, thought Beryl. Good, but not great.

"I'm Jana and I'm not much sure I like just how good you are with computers," Jana said.

"I'm sorry to hear that, Jana," Riebe said. "I'll be gone when the sim's over... I just wanted something to keep me occupied for a few minutes... I'm sure you understand."

Oh, I understand, Beryl thought. And I think I can keep you occupied for a while. Beryl grinned.

"Beryl," Jana called on a private line. "Is there a way to filter this stranger's signal out?"

But Riebe heard it. "Do you see this little fighter I'm using in the sim?" she demanded. "That's exactly what I'm flying in real life. Just let me play. I'll be gone at the end. I promise."

Jana sighed heavily. "Alright. Beryl, I'll want to talk with you when this is over."

“Yeah, sure,” said Beryl, angling her eyes towards the ship, and then upwards towards the sim planet’s atmosphere. “It’ll bring back memories of that nerf-herding Captain Salvo’s class at the TCTA. You remember Captain Salvo, don’t you?” Beryl hoped she did. She was trying to warn Jana that she was about to make a dangerous manoeuvre. The Quitaan Curl. The same move that she had performed at graduation. Her trainer, Captain Salvo, had been most displeased. Especially since he had been in the control tower at the time her exhaust blew out the windows. Oops.

I truly love simming! Beryl thought, grinning. Even if the Curl didn't work and they crashed, it would be a spectular end to the game. Well, here goes nothing….

Writer
02-02-2006, 10:08 PM
"Damn, I'm glad he's not here," Jana muttered. And so very glad this is just a sim...

Much to the surprise of both Beryl and Jana, the stranger called Riebe directed her ship at an odd angle away from Beryl's and, in the process, ploughed straight through one of the Imperial fighters without taking more damage than a slight dent to its nose.

"Correct me if I'm wrong," Riebe's voice came over the comm, "but I believe you're taking more than a mild dislike to my presence here."

"Well..." Jana said, hesitant to answer.

"I'm not an idiot," Riebe interrupted. "And that was quite an impressive trick, Beryl... had I not seen something like it before, it would have worked."

"What do you want?" Jana demanded, now angry.

"The game's almost over," Riebe answered. "A minute left, if my system has read yours correctly. Shoot the Imps, I'll shoot the Imps, and then we'll go our separate ways and likely never hear from one another again."

"Fine," Jana was fuming now, but she said nothing further.

stingerhs
02-02-2006, 10:25 PM
Sensing that Cloud was feeling a bit unsure about her, Ryshana went over to where Nic and Cloud were. "Hey, I heard somebody mention my name. Is something wrong?" Ryshana asked innocently. It was a lie, of course; she hadn't actually heard Cloud say anything.

ExtreamJedi12
02-03-2006, 08:24 AM
"Yeah, something's wrong. Every person's birth is recorded in the Galactic Database. For some reason, I couldn't find your name. And I wouldn't have done that is it were't for my 'Jawa Beer buzz'.

starmark2k
02-03-2006, 08:37 AM
Nic loked at Ryshana enter and listened to cloud, "Look there can be any number of reasons why her name isn't on the database, her record was corrupted, her parents didn't register her birth, She mayt have changed her name." Nic looked up at Ryshana "I'm sorry it's none of our buisness."

Nic looks at his watch then Cloud. "We're almost at down time, get some sleep, We'll talk when the effects of jawa beer have completly worn off."

ExtreamJedi12
02-03-2006, 08:59 AM
"Alright, but all I'm saying is that I'm suspicous." Cloud said. He then went to his room and went to sleep.

stingerhs
02-03-2006, 11:33 AM
Ryshana sighed to herself. She knew the real reason why her 'name' wasn't in the database. "Well, I'm going to get some rest, and hopefully everyone else here will get some as well. For some reason, I have a funny feeling that we're all going to need it," Ryshana stated intuitively. "Pleasant dreams, Captain."

With that, Ryshana turned around and headed for her cabin. Once inside, she locked the door and stripped down. Getting inside the bed, Ryshana laid down on her back and closed her eyes. Concentrating, she entered a Force-induced sleep that would rest her as quickly as possible.

JasraLantill
02-03-2006, 11:35 AM
Riebe directed her ship at an odd angle away from Beryl's and, in the process, ploughed straight through one of the Imperial fighters without taking more damage than a slight dent to its nose.

Beryl did a double-take. "Whoa...." she said in an awed whisper.

"Correct me if I'm wrong," Riebe's voice came over the comm, "but I believe you're taking more than a mild dislike to my presence here."

"Well..." Jana said, hesitant to answer.

"No, not at all...," Beryl started to say. Whoever she was, this mystery pilot's skills were impressive. And so was her ship. Beryl wanted to know more.

"I'm not an idiot," Riebe interrupted. "And that was quite an impressive trick, Beryl... had I not seen something like it before, it would have worked."

"Erm...thanks," said Beryl. "So...."

"What do you want?" Jana demanded, now angry.

"The game's almost over," Riebe answered. "A minute left, if my system has read yours correctly. Shoot the Imps, I'll shoot the Imps, and then we'll go our separate ways and likely never hear from one another again."

"Fine," Jana was fuming now, but she said nothing further.

"No, wait!" Beryl said excitedly. "Forget about Jana! Can't you hang around for another game? I like having a little competition!" And she meant what she said. "This is the best flight sim I've had in ages!"

Writer
02-03-2006, 01:47 PM
"Beryl, once this simulation is over, we need to talk," Jana snapped.

"Don't worry, Beryl," Riebe said pleasantly. "If Jana's alright with it, I'll stick around until you're finished with her."

Jana sighed. "We'll see."

JasraLantill
02-03-2006, 02:15 PM
Riebe was right about only having a minute of the simulation left. It didn't take long for Beryl, Jana, and the mysterious Riebe to take out the remaining TIEs. And even the sim Empire cruiser.

"Scenario 6, completed," said the nebulous computer voice. "End program."

"Aw!" Beryl took of the occlusion visors and ripped off her gauntlets. "I was enjoying that!"

She sighed as she stored the sim unit under her bed again. Now for something not so enjoyable. Being chastised by Jana. Yeah, alright, so she probably stepped out a line a bit when she told Riebe to forget about Jana and stay. After all, Jana was second in command. And she didn't really know who Riebe was. Or how she had hacked into their systems. Or why she was so close by. Still, Beryl thought, Jana needed to lighten up a bit. Have some fun once in a while instead of allowing herself to be bogged down all the time with all of the administrative stuff Nic left to her to handle. Take some risks. Do something exciting once in a while.

Beryl left her room and went to seek Jana. Oh, how she was dreading this...

Writer
02-03-2006, 02:23 PM
"I didn't much like that," Jana said quietly when Beryl found her. "A complete stranger enters our sim?"

She shook her head. "Another thing I didn't like... I knew a Riebe... but she spent time with Jedi, so she's likely dead. But that sounded an aweful lot like her..."

She went to a computer console and typed in 'Riebe Sothe'.

"Corrupted file," Jana muttered. She looked over at Beryl. "All I can read is 'Sith Hunter' and 'presumed dead'." She closed out of the console and turned to fully face Beryl. "I'll let you go back and sim with her again... just be careful. We don't know who she is or what she's capable of."

starmark2k
02-03-2006, 02:25 PM
((OCC- as we are close to the end i'm putting things in the discussion thread. so check it out http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2008909#post2008909))

Nic watched Ryshana enter her room, It was strange that she wasn't on the database, surely there should be somthing. He decided to go to his room and take his own advice he had a few too many Corellian Ales himself. On entering his room he he removed his shoes, socks and shirt, he laid on his bed (which was still un-maid from the previous two nights). He quickly fell asleep.

steven
02-03-2006, 05:58 PM
After the simulation had ended, Jack began to look at the computers. While search he noticed something wrong with the ship. "This can't be right." He began reading more data "Great. Looks like we have some damaged systems. How did Cloud miss this?"

Jack activated the intercom and spoke to Nick "Hey Captain. Come here a second. Theres something you may want to look at"

((This could be the point where the prisoner attacks you and takes you hostage or not.))

starmark2k
02-03-2006, 06:31 PM
((you've brought it forward a bit. but o.k i'll start this post a bit before your post.))

Tasser Goum sat in his cell quietly for the right moment, He had escaped from every cell he had ever been incarcerated in. The fight would have been a good time to escape but he couldn't fly and fire weapons at the same time.

He had already took off his cuffs and threw them on the floor, He looked around the room for anything he could use to get out... and found it. A slightly loose screw out of the bunk came in handy. Tasser pulled it out and walked over to the door, He pulled off the disabled internal door control cover. after taking two wires out he conected the screw to the reserve power and the emergancy release. The door swung open and the door shield short circuited.

Wade was outside with his back to the wall he heard the doors open and looked around. Tasser reached out and grabbed Wade, He threw him onto the floor and placed his hand on wades mouth so he couldn't scream. Tasser grabbed his disgaurded cuffs and used it to slice into Wades throat.

Tasser walked out of his cell and sealed the door behind him, now it was time to escape the ship. He knew a headhunter was on board from the comm-chater over the ships intercom during the tie attack. Tasser walked into engineering.
__________________________________________________ __

"Hey Captain. Come here a second. Theres something you may want to look at"

Nics Eyes widened quickly as he heard Jacks comm. "i'm on my way." Nic said as he stood up and pulled a shirt on. Suddenly Nic felt the ship shudder, they had dropped out of hyperspace. but Why. Nic thought this was too suspicious and grabbed his Knife.

He stepped of his room and looked to the left, He saw Tasser standing there looking at him. Tasser began to run at Nic. Nic threw his knife strait towards tesser impacting himin the right shoulder. Nic smiled as tesser Screamed in pain and staggered backwards a few steps.
"You didn't think i'd be carrying a knife now, did ya" Nic said in a cocky fashon
Tasser then pulled the knife out of his oun body and grinned brandishing it in a threatening mannor."now i have the knife."
Nics expression quickly changed "Yeah, I didn't think that through." Nic said as Tasser ran at him, Nic ran into his room.

Nic grabbed Betsy and swung around as tesser stood in his door way. "so what now?"

((now would be the tine jana gets grabbed.))

Writer
02-03-2006, 06:37 PM
Jana heard the scream and looked up. Then, she glanced over at Beryl. "Stay here a bit... I'll see what that was about."

She opened the door and stepped out, closing it behind her. She saw Nic and turned toward him. "Everything alright?" she asked, unaware of the fact that the Galaxy Killer, Tasser Goum was standing behind her, bloody knife in hand.

starmark2k
02-03-2006, 06:42 PM
"Jana Move!" Nic shouted but it was pointless, Tessar had already moved forward. Teeser grabbed Jana and stuck the knife by her throat.

"Try anything and i'll £$%@;:# ghost her." he shouted. "Come on honey, you're coming with me ."

Tesser then began to walk forward towards the ladder.

Writer
02-03-2006, 06:47 PM
"Oh... this makes things interesting..." Jana muttered. Tasser ordered her to shut up and then forced her down the ladder with him. Just great... she told herself. Jana Vincent becomes another statistic related to the Galaxy Killer...

She wasn't scared... just angry at being so foolish as to have been taken as a hostage... a hostage she was sure wouldn't live. The Galaxy Killer never left people alive, not after they were of no use to him.

starmark2k
02-03-2006, 06:51 PM
Nic followed from a distance, He knew that Tasser would not kill Jana as long as he had a gun pointing at him. After all he was a psycho but not stupid. "you hurt one hair on her body and i swear i'll scatter your ashes in to the cosmos."

Tasser simply laughed at this comment and continued moving.

JasraLantill
02-03-2006, 07:12 PM
In Jana's room, Beryl heard the scuffle in the corridor, and being curious, she naturally opened the door. Her eyes widened, as she saw Jana's torso disappearing down the ladder, the Galaxy Killer's knife at her throat and Nic brandishing Betsy in the corridor.

"Uh-oh." She froze in the doorway, not moving, not wanting to add to the threat. No telling what the Galaxy Killer would do if he felt even more threatened.

It looked like they were heading to the hanger though...

Beryl grinned slyly. If that slimy yelt rat thought for one moment he was taking her Headhunter, he had another thing coming.

As soon as they were out of view, she slipped into her room and connected up her sim to the main computers. And interfaced with the Headhunter.

ExtreamJedi12
02-03-2006, 07:19 PM
Cloud woke up when he heard a noise. He looked around and looked out his door. He oiled it so it wouldn't make a sound. When he opened it, he saw the Galaxy Killer. "Oh S*$%!" Cloud thought. "How could He have gotten out? That cell should've been foolproof."

Writer
02-03-2006, 07:20 PM
Inside the sim, Riebe's voice sounded again.

"I'm surprised to see you again," she told Beryl. "I thought Jana would have told you not to get back online until you were sure I was gone."

JasraLantill
02-03-2006, 07:36 PM
"Erm...well...Jana's a bit...preoccupied at the moment," Beryl responded to Riebe as her fingers hurriedly tapped responses into the simulated computer in her simulated Headhunter, which was linked up to the real one in the hanger. She was a bit worried about Jana. Nic could probably handle the situation, but in case the Galaxy Killer did make it to the Headhunter, there was no way that space slug was going to get off this ship alive. Not if she could help it.

Primary drive? Off line.
Targeting systems? Off line.
Weapons? Off line.
Life support? Beryl raised an eyebrow. Oh yes. Definitely off line! If the Galaxy Killer somehow managed to get the Headhunter launched, he'd find it rather difficult to fly without breathing.

"But I'm glad you're still about, Riebe. Might have time for another game...erm...after. Say," she said, changing the subject, "I'm curious,where did you see that manoevre I did? Not many people know how to do it."

Writer
02-03-2006, 07:42 PM
"Actually, I've watched you do it before, to be perfectly honest," Riebe answered. "I was at the TCTA graduation ceremony where you did that..."

There was a short pause and then Riebe said, "After what? Your ship pulled out of hyperspace... something wrong?"

JasraLantill
02-03-2006, 08:08 PM
"Wrong? Erm...no. Well, sort of. It's nothing really," Beryl said as she typed in programming code to link up to the Headhunter's exterior targeting cameras to a window in her sim. "Just our captain walking the corridors with a blaster shotgun. Of course, that's not unusual. But doing that while stalking a maniacal killer who's just killed their guard and then taken the first mate hostage, well, that's the kind of thing that makes you pause and take notice, you know?" she said with a calmness that surprised even her. "So, you're a TCTA grad, eh, Riebe? Tell you what then. I'll bet you twenty creds that our captain can take care of the whole situation without even firing a shot."

But just in case...

The window popped up to the side of her. At least now she could see if anything happened in the hanger bay.

Writer
02-03-2006, 08:13 PM
Riebe was silent for a long while. "That's definitely a sticky situation..." She sounded thoughtful. "First mate? Jana? Oh, I see. Yes, that would be the kind of thing to take notice of... too bad Jana wasn't more careful with what went on around her, yeah?"

"Oh," she went on. "And I never said I was a TCTA graduate. I was there when you graduated is what I said. Actually taught there for a year... though under a different name."

JasraLantill
02-03-2006, 08:48 PM
“An instructor?” Beryl laughed out loud. Come to think of it, Riebe’s voice did sound slightly familiar.

“You know, Riebe, as much as I want to ask what your name was, I think I’d rather keep your true identity as a mystery. Especially if I was ever in one of your classes!”

Beryl had been a good student, excelling in all of her classes, especially flight control and mechanics, but had often been sent to the Head Prefects office by her instructors for ‘disruptive behaviour’, otherwise known as having fun, or ‘disagreements’, otherwise known as arguments/brawls. But being as her father was a major financial contributor to the academy, she had never really been worried about dismissal.

“Oh,” she added, “and that whole thing with the refreshers flooding in Dorm C? That was totally blown out of proportion. I mean, it was just a little water.”

Writer
02-03-2006, 08:52 PM
Riebe chuckled. "Yes, Beryl, you were in one of my classes." Her voice sounded terribly amused. "And you made it very clear to me that there was no way I could possibly be the instructor for the class. I asked why and you told me I was too young... then again, my age is another mystery, which is what I recall telling you at that point."

"And don't try talking your way out of the refresher incident," she went on. "I saw the water... there was more than you'd like us to think."

((As a TCTA instructor, Riebe was called Tarla Vel. :) ))

JasraLantill
02-03-2006, 09:37 PM
So, it was Tarla Vel. Beryl remembered the ‘age’ discussion well. And the writer’s cramp she had gotten when Vel had made her handwrite ‘Outward appearance is not a measure of a person’s intelligence or their ability to impart their knowledge to others’ a thousand times.

Beryl snorted. “It only covered the floor of the west wing!” she protested in jest. “Well, and part of the rec area. Oh, and the lobby.” Beryl paused. “Okay,” she admitted, “so it covered a lot of the ground floor. But it was less than a meter deep. Barely enough to take a swim. And no one drowned. Besides it was an accident.”

It had been, although no one would believe her. She had been tasked to remove the ‘inflammatory emblem’ she and some of her friends from Dorm A had painted on the floor of Dorm C, right before the end of term field competitions. How was she supposed to know that the internal plumbing couldn’t cope with a pressure washer?

"So, I'm assuming that you didn't come all this way to make me write lines for something you discovered I did after I graduated. Are you at liberty to tell me why you're visiting in this region of space?"

stingerhs
02-04-2006, 12:24 AM
Ryshana woke up suddenly. A small disturbance had disrupted the Force causing her to suddenly wake up. As soon as her eyes opened, she could feel something wrong. Quickly throwing on her robes, she opened her door and headed down the corridor. Moving past the cell door, she saw Wade lying in a pool of blood. She felt his lifelessness and knew that this 'Galaxy Killer' was loose.

Heading towards the common area, she stopped when she saw Jana being held hostage. Talking straight to Tasser, Ryshana said, "Hey now, everything is going to be just fine. Let her go, and you can go."

Writer
02-04-2006, 03:33 AM
Riebe laughed. "After I left the TCTA teaching position, I went to the Jedi," she said. "When Palpatine revealed himself as a Sith Lord and named himself Emperor, I played along just long enough to get away unnoticed. For now, I'm just wandering the galaxy..."

She sighed. "It's nice to hear a familiar voice, really... a remarkable coincidence, this. Us running into one another in hyperspace? It's hard to believe, isn't it?"

--------------

What the hell is she doing? Jana thought to herself, noticing Ryshana's approach.

starmark2k
02-04-2006, 05:27 AM
Nic could only watch as Tasser pulled Jana back towards the headhunter hanger. His weapon was still raised and pointing at Tasser. He knew using the weapon now would kill Jana, it was mearly insurance. The arrival of their guest, Ryshana, caused Nic to get extra prepared, She could easily disrupt things and cause all mannor of trouble.

XoRRoX
02-04-2006, 05:41 AM
Oliver did fall to sleep in medbay. he coulden't hear the "fight" outside medbay, but Oliver did sleep with a little blaster. "I don't trust one of our crew members. If they gonna take my juma juice, then...".

"Hey now, everything is going to be just fine. Let her go, and you can go"

Suddenly Oliver waked up again. By instinct he could hear, that something was totally wrong. When he was younger, he was always there, where the odd things was happening. Oliver opened the door very fast, with the blaster covered behind his suit.

"Hey wha..." he whispered to himself, when he saw, that Jana was taken to hostage by Tasser. He did take his blaster up, but turned it the wrong way.

stingerhs
02-04-2006, 10:45 AM
Ryshana spoke as calmly as she could while slowly approaching Tasser and Jana. "There's no need to hurt anybody. Just let her go," Ryshana stated. She was now within 2 meters of Tasser and Jana.

JasraLantill
02-04-2006, 11:33 AM
“Coincidence? I’ll say it is,” Beryl said to Riebe. “So, you fought alongside the Jedi, huh?” Beryl snorted. “You’re lucky to have survived then. Never did understand them. Always acting like they were superior to everyone else with their ‘ways of the Force.’ Load of bantha fodder, if you ask me. I mean, look where it got them? Nowhere. My father was right to tell them to bugger off when I was tested for…”

Tesser and Jana suddenly came into view on her screen, Tesser still holding the knife to Jana’s throat as he carefully backed his way into the hanger bay.

“Hold on,” she said to Riebe. “Something’s happening.”

Nic then came into view as well, advancing carefully while keeping Betsy levelled at the Galaxy Killer and his hostage. And then…

“Oh, now isn’t this cozy.” Beryl sighed as Ryshana came into view just behind Nic. “Just what Nic needs.” A distraction, or at worst, a potential extra hostage.

Beryl thoughts raced, trying to figure out if there was a way she could help. She did have control of the Headhunter’s weapons. But they were much larger than Betsy was, and not nearly as accurate at close range. And, she couldn’t exactly see Nic being grateful if she shot the Galaxy Killer but took out Jana at the same time. No, probably not a good career move. But, maybe if she just let Nic know that the Headhunter was under remote control, that would put him more at ease.

She flipped a single switch, then wiggled the control stick.

~~~~~~

On the real Headhunter in the hanger bay, the laser cannon on the port side extended slowly, then retracted, then extended again.

starmark2k
02-04-2006, 11:44 AM
"You must think me a fool, Twi'lek." Tasser said moving the knife closer to Jana's throat. "If i let this Schutta go, the knife throwing Captain will blast me with that gun of his."

Nic watched the galaxy killer slowly back up and noticed in the background the headhunters weapons move. 'Beryl'. He knew that he had installed a remote unit for the headhunter but it hadn't been used since they got pilot for it.

stingerhs
02-04-2006, 11:48 AM
Stopping where she was, Ryshana thought for a second. "Alright, that's just fine. We don't want anyone getting hurt," Ryshana replied calmly. "As a measure of faith, Captain Nic here is going to put down his blaster, right Captain?"

starmark2k
02-04-2006, 11:52 AM
"Miss Uti you're new here so there are two things you should know, Number one: the gun has a name, Betsy and two: no one tells me what to do on my ship." Nic protested not taking his sights off the psychopath and his hostage.

JasraLantill
02-04-2006, 11:55 AM
"Yes!" Beryl whooped. She had seen Nic's eyes flicker toward the cannon for just a brief milisecond when she had moved it. She let out a sigh of relief. At least he knew she was watching.

"C'mon, you slimy taffer," she said impatiently to the image of the Galaxy Killer as he exchanged unheard words with Nic and Ryshana. Just let Jana go and board the ship, she thought. You know you want to. I know I want you to. She grinned wryly with malevolent anticipation. And then we can have some real fun.

stingerhs
02-04-2006, 11:57 AM
Ryshana sighed in a bit of frustration Mercenary Captains, they're all the same, Ryshana thought to herself. "With all due respect Captain, this isn't about your ship. This is about you doing something to save the life of one of your fellow crewmates. Whether or not you have 'Betsy' or any other blaster on you, you are threatening not only Tasser, but you're threatening Jana. Now put 'Betsy' on the ground. For Jana's sake if anybody's."

starmark2k
02-04-2006, 12:02 PM
Nic was in conflict what Ryshana said was true, but could he risk lowering his weapon? He knew Jana could end up dead if he lowered his gun or not. Nic had came to a decission he didn't like it but it was the only real option, he had to rely on a stranger and thats somthing he hated doing.

Nic removed one of his hands from the gun and held it out while he lowed the gun and placed it on the floor. 'you better know what you're doing Uti."
((can All check the discussion thread please.))

stingerhs
02-04-2006, 03:09 PM
Looking back over at Tasser and Jana, Ryshana noticed that he was still holding Jana hostage. "Alright now, there's no gun in you face, and so just let her go," Ryshana stated.

((this should be the cue for Tasser to 'flip out' and defy Ryshana.))

starmark2k
02-04-2006, 03:16 PM
Tasser sinisterly grinned and then laughed loudly, "You stupid people now whats going to stop me killing you all?" He said as he pulled the knife forward getting ready to stab jana in the chest.

JasraLantill
02-04-2006, 03:42 PM
"Crap!" Beryl exclaimed, as she witnessed Nic laying down Betsy, then another exchange of words, and then Tasser looking like he was going to stab Jana anyway. "C'mon, Nic! Rush him! Now!" she yelled at the image on her floating screen as if she were cheering at a swoop race viewer.

Nic couldn't possibly hear her. Of course, the racers never seemed to hear her words of advice either.

Writer
02-04-2006, 04:26 PM
"Beryl?" Riebe called. "What's happening?"

stingerhs
02-04-2006, 04:45 PM
Ryshana suddenly sensed something dark and sinister come from Tasser. Something wasn't right about him, and Ryshana knew that her hostage negotiations had just failed. Time for Plan B.

Tasser sinisterly grinned and then laughed loudly, "You stupid people now whats going to stop me killing you all?" He said as he pulled the knife forward getting ready to stab jana in the chest.

Gathering the Force in her legs, Ryshana suddenly dashed forward faster than any normal being could. Grabbing the hand that was holding the knife with her left hand, Ryshana delivered a punishing elbow strike to Tasser's face. Twisting his arm around with a sickening snapping of bones, the knife dropped from his hands. Still holding his arm, she brought her right leg around his left leg and locking her foot against the other side, she pulled him towards her. His lower leg then snapped in two.

The whole exchange had taken just two seconds to perform, and Tasser was writhing in pain. Rolling over, he fell off the catwalk. Ryshana quickly jumped over the ledge after him. Grabbing a nearby tool, Tasser swung at Ryshana with his good arm, only to have Ryshana catch his wrist. With a quick flip of the wrist, the tool dropped from his hand as more bones could be heard snapping. Rolling over, Tasser fell into a recess in the floor.

The only problem was that it wasn't a recess; it was the lower airlock. Pressing a nearby button, the floorgrid closed over the airlock.

Writer
02-04-2006, 04:50 PM
Jana felt herself literally pushed forward and she stumbled straight into Nic's arms. That's when she realized how much she was shaking... perhaps this whole experience had been more terrifying than she'd originally thought...

starmark2k
02-04-2006, 04:55 PM
Nic grabbed Jana, He felt her tembling in his arms. He held Jana for a few moments, His concentration was solely on her for many seconds. Then his focused changed and he moved his head to see Tasser in the Air-lock. He didn't know how it happened but he knew Ryshana did it. Nic looked Tasser in the Eyes.

"You hurt her and i keep my Word." He grabbed his com-link with his left hand and hold Jana in his right. "Jack flush the Air-lock." he said calmly.

JasraLantill
02-04-2006, 04:57 PM
Beryl didn’t have the time to explain, however… she did know of a way to describe the scene to Riebe in a few short words.

”…with the blade held here at this angle, just at the edge of the cheek bone, the hostage taker has total control,” said TCTA Instructor Joss Kaymen demonstrated with a student while the rest of the class watched. “Even if he’s stunned, his autonomic reflexes will still likely cause the blade to penetrate. However, if the position is changed,” He demonstrated by moving the knife forward, “it is now possible to disarm them without serious injury to the hostage. A volunteer, please,” he asked. “Beryl?”

Beryl remembered what had happened next to Instructor Kaymen. It had been the talk of the school for weeks.

She had rushed him, as he had instructed her to, and she did successfully manage to ‘rescue’ the hostage. She had also managed to wrestle the knife away from him. And in the process…

“It’s just like the Kaymen incident,” Beryl responded to Riebe. She shuddered as she recalled the sickening sound of live bone breaking.

Writer
02-04-2006, 05:21 PM
"Ooh..." The wince sounded clearly in Riebe's voice. "Ouch. I once had my arm snapped like that... believe me, it's about as fun as it sounds."

---------

Jana turned her head slightly to stare into the airlock. Suddenly, the woman usually so eloquent with her words was reduced to, "He... I... just... ooh..."

She turned her head into Nic's chest and tried to will herself to relax. It wasn't working. Her shaking continued.

starmark2k
02-04-2006, 05:53 PM
Nic placed the com-link back into his pocket and wrapped his left arm around Jana.
"C'mon 'Short stuff' You're stronger than this, It's all over now." He whispured into Her ear.

Writer
02-04-2006, 05:59 PM
Jana looked up at Nic and nodded slowly. "Yeah... sure."

She glanced again at the airlock and shivered slightly. Then, after squeezing Nic's hand slightly, she moved away on slightly unsteady legs and went to find Beryl.

JasraLantill
02-04-2006, 06:22 PM
“Right, Riebe, I’ve got to go,” Beryl said, as the incident played out to a close on her screen. She figured that Jana might need some moral support now that it was over--support that she didn't want Nic to know she needed. After all, there was nothing Jana could have done to avoid the situation.

“Maybe catch you later, if you’re still around.”

She began to shut down the sim, then paused.

“Oh, by the way,” she asked, “Jana was sort of… concerned about you when we met earlier. Erm… do you have any problem with me telling her who you are?”

Writer
02-04-2006, 06:31 PM
"If you think it'll put her at ease a little after what she's just been through, go ahead and tell her by what name you both knew me," Riebe answered. "And maybe I'll stick around... just in case I might be of some use."

JasraLantill
02-04-2006, 06:56 PM
“Will do,” Beryl said to Riebe, and she disconnected the sim.

Quickly removing her visor, gauntlets, and belt, she hurriedly shoved the entire sim unit and all its bits and pieces under the bed. She trotted out into the corridor only to see Jana struggling her way up the ladder at the far end.

Beryl immediately went to assist her. With a concerned look on her face, she asked, “Hey? You alright?”

Writer
02-04-2006, 07:01 PM
"Good as can be expected," Jana muttered. She glanced around and headed straight for her room, half hoping Beryl would follow.

JasraLantill
02-04-2006, 07:17 PM
Beryl had no intention of leaving Jana on her own. She trailed slightly behind her, carefully observing the first mate for any delayed signs of shock. Otherwise, like it or not, Jana would be going to med bay, even if that meant Beryl had to drag her there kicking and screaming. Well, maybe not exactly kicking and screaming. Probably just a lot of heavy scowling and a few biting remarks. And a look. There was always a look.

Just inside Jana’s room, Beryl shut the door behind her. “I saw what happened through the Headhunter’s cameras,” she said to Jana. “And before you even say it," she wagged a warning finger in the air, "there was nothing you could have done, so...”

Beryl was suddenly startled as she caught a glimpse of herself in Jana's mirror--and saw her own mother. Cripe! She frowned at her finger, then lowered her hand. "So, don't blame yourself," she said in conclusion.

Writer
02-04-2006, 07:23 PM
"I could have paid more attention coming out of my room," Jana shot back. "Of all the times for me to loose my defensiveness, this had to be it?"

She pounded a fist on her desk. Then she broke down and collapsed on the bed.

"He was gonna kill me, Beryl," she said quietly. "And you know the wierd thing? I thought in a situation like this I'd be scolding myself... it's what I've done before... but I couldn't help thinking about..." She hesitated. "About the ship and Nic and how..." She shook her head, her thoughts now so jumbled she couldn't make enough sense of them to push words out.

JasraLantill
02-04-2006, 07:54 PM
Beryl put an arm around Jana’s shoulders. “Hey, just take deep breaths and relax,” she said soothingly. “Inhale…exhale…that’s it.” Beryl waited for a moment, listening as Jana’s breaths became more steady. “There’s no need for you to try and put it into words right now. I know how you feel.”

And she did. She’d lost someone before, and the hollow feeling still echoed inside her. That was partially the reason she had been blockade running before she had come on board the Echo. But now wasn’t the time for anecdotes from Beryl’s past. Now was the time for comfort and advice.

“Jana, you’ve got to put this behind you. It’s the past now. Granted, it’s really recent past, but it’s past. Just keep your mind focused on the positive side.” She paused for a moment. “The Galaxy Killer is gone. That’s a definite positive. He didn’t kill or even maim you. That most assuredly positive. And Nic is fine. Sure, he might have a bruised ego, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing.” She frowned slightly. “Okay, so Captain What’s-his-name, didn’t get off so lightly, but he knew the risks and he of all people was better prepared than any of us for an escape attempt. He died with honour. So that’s a positive, too, right?”

Okay, maybe this wasn’t going so well. Perhaps a change of subject.

“And during all of this, I found out who our ‘mystery sim pilot’ is.”

Writer
02-04-2006, 08:12 PM
Jana rolled over to look at Beryl. "You did?"

ExtreamJedi12
02-04-2006, 08:25 PM
Cloud busted out of his room. "I'll flush the airlock. Sorry for not helping. I figured I wouldn't be of much use." Cloud then rushed to Jack.

JasraLantill
02-04-2006, 08:28 PM
Beryl grinned at Jana. “Well, of course I did. What do you think I am, some kind of numpty?” She suddenly held up a hand. “Wait. Don’t answer that,” she said quickly. “Anyway, this ‘Riebe,’ like your ‘Riebe,’ also fought alongside the Jedi. And she also taught at the TCTA. And unlike what the database said, I presume Riebe, also known as Tarla Vel, is very much alive. Either that or I was talking to a ghost of a past instructor with an extremely long memory and a penchant for handwritten lines.” She shivered for dramatic emphasis. “My worst nightmare if there ever was one. And you thought the Galaxy Killer was scary? Bah!”

Writer
02-04-2006, 08:35 PM
Jana's eyes widened and she actually giggled. "Tarla Vel? Oh, that name definitely brings back memories. She was the one with short blonde hair that we discovered was really brown when she forgot to dye the roots, right? I think that was right before she left..."

JasraLantill
02-04-2006, 08:53 PM
It was good to see Jana smile a bit.

"Vel was still an instructor when I grad...wait a minute?" Beryl frowned. "Her hair was brown?!" Beryl raised her eyebrows, then she laughed. "Oh, that sneaky little.... I knew she wasn't a natural blonde like me! I knew it! You must have found that out the year after I left. Damn!" she added. "Oh, how I would have liked to have been there to see that!"

Writer
02-04-2006, 09:06 PM
Jana smiled thoughtfully and said, "Were it not for her green eyes, I'd have thought she was..."

Her smile faded and she muttered something unintelligible before getting up and going again to her computer. She looked up Tarla Vel.

"Corrupted file, presumed dead," she murmured. She looked up a series of names and all of them stated that the file was corrupted and the person was presumed dead. The records reached clear back to fifty years before the Empire and Jana looked up at Beryl in surprise.

"Just how old was she? Is she?" she exclaimed.

((Beryl would remember Tarla saying something like, "I'm old enough to know what's wrong with the galaxy and young enough to do something about it."))

JasraLantill
02-04-2006, 09:24 PM
"Hey, I got a thousand lines for asking that question once," Beryl warned. "And even then I only got a cryptic answer. Let's see..." Beryl thought a moment. "Old enough to know what's wrong in the Galaxy, but still young enough to do something about it. Whatever that means. I don't know. Maybe she was 'mathmatically challenged' or something." Beryl snorted. "No wonder she left Corellia to go to the Jedi. With cryptic answers like that, she'd fit right in."

Beryl peeked over Jana's shoulder. "Erm...just curious, about something," she said. "What does that database say about our remaining passenger? I saw her move on the viewscreen when...sorry, I saw her blur on the viewscreen when I was monitoring what was going on. She must have had some kind of special military training to be able to do moves like that. Don't you think?"

Writer
02-04-2006, 09:31 PM
Jana typed in 'Ryshana Uti' and got 'no entry'.

"That's exciting," she said dryly. "Looks like our passenger's lying about her name."

She shook her head. "But I agree... something's different about her."

She stood. "On that note, I think I'll go find Nic. If you can find Tarla/Riebe's signal again, try and see how much info you can get out of her... I want to know as much as I can seeing as she seems to be keeping a very close eye on us. After all, when we dropped out of hyperspace, so did she, it seems... and we're not picking up any readings of other ships around, so..."

She left that thought unfinished and left the room.

JasraLantill
02-04-2006, 11:31 PM
On the way back to her own room again, Beryl smiled, glad with the thought that Jana was feeling more like herself now after her harrowing ordeal—and back to giving orders as the First Mate. Well, not exactly orders, she thought. More like… strong suggestions.

Nevertheless, Beryl began to pull out the sim unit again. Then she paused. There was no sense in appearing too eager to find Riebe. If she had dropped out of hyperspace when the Echo did, it was likely she was planning to stick around for a while. If for nothing else than to find out what happened to Jana.

Beryl smiled. “Nothing like a bit of suspense to keep someone hooked,” she said aloud to herself. She neatly packed up the sim unit in its box, and put it back under her bed.

She yawned. She was suddenly tired. It had been a long day. An exciting one, without a doubt, but a long one. She quickly stripped down to her underclothes,and then slipped under the covers with the intention of getting a few hours of sleep.

stingerhs
02-05-2006, 12:33 AM
Ryshana sighed to herself. She had been hoping that the situation wouldn't have gone in that direction. Granted, the crew would be minus a HeadHunter, but at least they'd be alive. Still, even with the situation resolved, Ryshana still didn't feel quite right. Something was still very wrong, and Ryshana had no idea what it was.

Heading back up the catwalk where Nic was, Ryshana studied him for a moment. He definately wasn't bad looking. At little 'rough' around the corners, but then again, she felt the same way about herself to an extent. She started to smile as she realized how much Nic reminded her of Jeez. In an instant, she remembered serving along side him during the Clone Wars; she remembered arguing with Jeez over aspects of the Force; she remembered their escape from the Jedi Purges; she remembered how she was starting to fall in love with Jeez; and then she remembered how much her love for Jeez cost him his life.

With that, the smile quickly faded, and Ryshana approached Nic. "You alright Captain?"

starmark2k
02-05-2006, 05:12 AM
Nic steered at Ryshana for a few moments, although he did not see all of what happened it all happened to quickly. Ryshana did not look weak and he knew she served in the war, so she would have some close combat training, but she moved too quickly for a normal person. She made the trained psychopathic killer look like an idiot child. Somthing was very wrong.
"Yeah I'm fine, Thanks for what you did." Nic said as he walked away from her and headed up to the Cockpit.

Writer
02-05-2006, 05:17 AM
Jana found Nic in the cockpit. "Our only remaining passenger is a mystery, Nic," she said. "Point number one; she dealt with Galaxy Killer far too easily. That observation leads me to point number two; she's not in the Galactic Sentient Registry. There is no record of a Ryshana Uti ever being born. Not on Ryloth, not anywhere."

She sighed. "I understand people like their secrets, but maybe this is one we might want to consider looking into a bit more."

XoRRoX
02-05-2006, 05:26 AM
"Not...again" Oliver suddenly shouted, and runned to his room. Vormiting sounds came again from Oliver, while he actually mumbled: "Help...mother...".

The sounds of someone there is crawling, is coming from Olivers room.

starmark2k
02-05-2006, 06:17 AM
"Cloud discovered the same thing, I just dismissed it for his drinking." He thought for a few moments. "Well i've learnt one thing from all this... You need to evaluate your screening process."

steven
02-05-2006, 06:50 AM
"Flushing that guy out of the air-lock was like flushing the toliet but without the clogging. It's a shame about Captain Wade, he was a good man" Jack said to himself before going Nick and asked him "Any clue how long it'll take till we are able to get hyperspace back online?"

starmark2k
02-05-2006, 11:12 AM
"I don't know you'd have to ask Cloud." Nic said as moved towards the ships comm. "Hey Cloud how long till you get those engines going."

ExtreamJedi12
02-05-2006, 12:14 PM
"Alomost done." Cloud said to Nic. After a few seconds, he said "Done."

steven
02-05-2006, 02:16 PM
"Good. But it'll take 10 or 15 minutes before to get it warm up. Hyper-drives arn't ment to fail in that way. We're lucky it wasnt damaged that much." Jack said and walked to the cockpit

stingerhs
02-05-2006, 09:17 PM
Ryshana sighed once again as Nic started to walk away. She could sense his uneasiness, and she realized that he knew she was more than just a war veteran. As she headed back up to the main deck, Ryshana reached out to see how Jana was. Meh, she's a tough one. She'll be alright, Ryshana thought. Still, it wouldn't hurt to check on her.

Heading to the cockpit, she overheard Nic and Jana talking. "Our only remaining passenger is a mystery, Nic," she said. "Point number one; she dealt with Galaxy Killer far too easily. That observation leads me to point number two; she's not in the Galactic Sentient Registry. There is no record of a Ryshana Uti ever being born. Not on Ryloth, not anywhere."

She sighed. "I understand people like their secrets, but maybe this is one we might want to consider looking into a bit more."

"Cloud discovered the same thing, I just dismissed it for his drinking." He thought for a few moments. "Well i've learnt one thing from all this... You need to evaluate your screening process."

Stopping where she was, Ryshana paused for a second to think.

starmark2k
02-06-2006, 08:41 AM
"O.K, We shold be fine untill then." Nic said as the proximity alarm started to sound. "I have got to learn to shut up."

Nic took his seat and checked the Sensors, An imperial Dreadnault had just entered from Hyperspace. and began to head strait towards them. Nic hit the sensor jammer of Clouds making to prevent them discovering the ships Ident' Codes. The Comm unit started to beep indicating a Hail from the Imperial Vessel, Nic hit the audio only.

"Kuat Class Freighter, Lower your shields and prepare to be boarded." The Imperial officer said through the Comm.

"ERRR, Negative, We are having problems with our err, Enviromental Systems. Oxygen is minimal. May i ask why you need to board us?" Nic asked after his obvious lie.

"Look Insolant, We are aware you have an Enamy of the Empire on board, Hand over the Fugitive Jedi and we may not destroy your ship with you on it." The Officer said with a frustrated tone to his voice. Nic switched off the Micraphone and looked at Jana.

"Please don't tell me we just flushed a Jedi out the Air-lock." Nic said refering to Tasser

JasraLantill
02-06-2006, 11:11 AM
As the proximity alarm blared, Beryl cracked open a solitary sleepy eye.

“Aw!” she groaned. “I was just in the middle of a good dream!” She threw off the bedcovers and hurriedly slipped on her trousers. “Typical,” she muttered grumpily, as she pulled on one of her boots. “This better be worth it.”

She stood, hopping on one foot as she struggled to pull the other boot on. Not bothering with her overshirt, she grabbed her flight jacket and hastily threw it on over her tank top. Struggling to get her other arm in the sleeve, she darted through her door and headed down the corridor.

She slid deftly down the ladder and ran across the catwalk to the hanger bay and the Headhunter. It didn’t take her long to prep the ship. She had made several ‘quick step’ modifications so prep time was now counted in seconds, rather than minutes.

Systems all ‘go’, helmet on, bubble hatch closed—she was ready.

“I’m good to go, Nic!” she said into the comm, as she flipped the levers to warm up her weapons while she waited for him or Jack to release the QD (Quick Drop) doors. “Erm...what’ve we got?”

stingerhs
02-06-2006, 11:42 AM
Ryshana heard the proximity alarm, and she felt a minor shift in the Force. Someone was coming after her right now, and Ryshana had a funny feeling on who it was. Still close enough to the cockpit to overhear what was going on, Ryshana heard the Imperial Captain demand Nic to prep for boarding.

Well, I guess my life is now in their hands. I hope they know what they're doing, Ryshana thought. May the Force be with them.

steven
02-06-2006, 12:03 PM
"It would explain how he escaped..."Jack pressed the inter-com and said Beryl "No need. We've only got to wait three more minutes till hyperdrive is back up.." He then turned to the captain "Tell them we flushed him. I think his body isn't far behind us"

Writer
02-06-2006, 12:29 PM
"Galaxy Killer isn't the Jedi..." Jana murmured. She stared at Ryshana. "She is."

steven
02-06-2006, 12:47 PM
"B****ks..." Said Jack as he began to swifty press buttens "..and you have no intention of giving her to them. Two minutes till we can enter hyperspace. Captain, see if you can delay them."

starmark2k
02-06-2006, 01:39 PM
"Damn it, This has not been a good day." Nic stated looking at Ryshana. "I can tell you guys one thing, It'll be a cold day on Mustifar before i let Bucket heads step foot on my ship."

While Nic spoke the Dreadnault launched its full compliment of Ties (18) and fired an ion cannon.

"<twi'lek Curse>, They've disabled our engines." Nic looks at jack and Jana "Launch Beryl, And get to the turret." He Hits the intercom. "Cloud we need a Engine Reboot, Now." he then faces Ryshana "I'll deal with you later."

Nic then rus too into the common room.

((occ- @stringershs- This is where Ryshana saves Nic, So i'll allow some Char control if you need it.

@Extream- The reboot only needs to last the time it takes for Jana and Beryl to take out 4 or 5 ties.))

Writer
02-06-2006, 01:47 PM
"Beryl!" Jana called over the comm. "You'd best be gettin' out there!"

She ran to the turret and powered on the targeting computer. This was no time to be fair. Suddenly, a small starfighter which Jana found startlingly familiar came into view and Riebe's voice cracked over Beryl's comm unit in the Headhunter.

"Well now we get to do this for real," she said wryly. "Have at them!"

She ploughed through one fighter and shot another. Jana shot down a third.

JasraLantill
02-06-2006, 02:13 PM
“Ooh! Nice one, SithHunter! Glad you could make it to the party!” said Beryl as she flew the Headhunter at full throttle head on towards the rest of the pack of TIEs. She took out two on her way in, and as it looked like she was going to collide with the TIE leader, he suddenly veered out of her way.

“These guys have no bottle whatsoever,” Beryl said disappointedly, shaking her head, as she pulled up hard and looped to flank the rest from behind. "The sim was more exciting than this." At least now the TIEs were scattered and had lost the protection of their formation.

“Stay out of range of those cannons, SithHunter,” she warned Riebe as the Dreadnaught began to fire upon her. “We just need to keep ‘em occupied out here long enough for the Echo to escape.”

Writer
02-06-2006, 02:21 PM
Riebe laughed and began dodging the cannon fire.

"It's unwise to underestimate someone," she told Beryl. Smash! Her fighter rammed the Dreadnaught's shield generator. The shields faltered and collapsed as the generator exploded. Riebe's fighter came out of the fireball, its nose seriously dented.

"That's enough ramming, I'd say," she said, chuckling. "I'll need repairs after that... and that's the last time I use inferior materials for repair!"

Her fighter spun away from the Dreadnaught and she asked Beryl, "Your ship ready yet?"

JasraLantill
02-06-2006, 03:38 PM
“Not sure,” Beryl replied, as she did a barrel roll between two oncoming TIEs. “Short Stuff? What's your status?”

The TIEs very narrowly missed crashing into each other.

“Damn,” Beryl grumbled as she noticed the two TIEs still on her targeting screen. “Too much throttle."

Another flanking twist to avoid cannon fire, then an extreme dive to port to bring her just behind another TIE. She shot playfully to the left of it. It veered to the right. She shot again, purposefully missing it just to the right. It veered back to the left.

“Anyway, SithHunter, what are you on about ‘inferior’ materials?” she asked Riebe, while continuing to toy and harry the TIE in front of her, drawing its companions' attentions away from the Echo. “I’ve never seen a ship capable of doing what yours did. Well,” she added, “not one with the pilot still intact and capable of intelligible speech, anyway.”

Tired of playing with her prey, she took aim at one of its ion engines and winged it. Unbalanced, it spun out of control and bounced across the starboard side of the Dreadnaught. “Ouch,” Beryl winced. “I know that had to hurt.”