View Full Version : Replacing the soundtrack of the demo

01-28-2006, 07:00 AM
i jst wanted to know if there was any way to tamper with the sound file on the demo so i could have some wacky theme tune playin in the background. If someone could tell me in which folder to put the file in tht would be helpful thank u!

01-28-2006, 12:04 PM
Wrong forum section.

Moved to appropriate one.

01-28-2006, 08:06 PM
OK well, you got me curious with this question myself. So after about 20 minutes of playing around, this is what I figured out.

Well, if you look in:

You will see 3 files:

I checked these first. I was able to use GoldWave to open them interperating as wav files, but all the sound runs too fast or too slow. I could definitely hear that they are all the voices and sound effects, but I'm not sure exactly how they are compressed. I opened as Raw PCM signed 32 bit, big endian stereo 96000Hz for the "Non-Localized" files (SFX) and little endian for the "English" (Dialog)

But the answer to your question is the "Music.meg" file located in:

I didn't notice this file untill after I did what I mentioned above :jarjar: and went back to try and figure out what I missed.

Music.meg actually appears to be an Mp3 192 Kbps, 44100 Hz Stereo 63 min 8 sec, so it certainly should be easy enough to create a replacement. I would recomend using some kind of audio mixing software. The breaks that seperate parts in the music definitely are queues that are triggered by events in the game. I.E. when a battle begins you hear the "Tie Fighter Attack" theme. You might want to keep the time queue so it works well.

Good Luck

01-29-2006, 08:49 AM
ok will try it now