PDA

View Full Version : Who Is Your Favourite Sith Lord In The KOTOR Series?

Diego Varen
01-29-2006, 10:12 AM
Who Is Your Favourite Sith Lord In The KOTOR Series?

Lantzen
01-29-2006, 10:18 AM
Darth Traya, master of manipulation.

Diego Varen
01-29-2006, 10:26 AM
I like Darth Sion, because he is a powerful Sith Lord and I just like him personally.

The Doctor
01-29-2006, 10:26 AM
Blasphemous fool! You forgot the best one! He's the main character for crying out loud!

ALL HAIL LORD REVAN!

Diego Varen
01-29-2006, 10:29 AM
Blasphemous fool! You forgot the best one! He's the main character for crying out loud!

ALL HAIL LORD REVAN!

I was going to put him in originally, but then I thought just to put in Sith Lords you fight in the game.

The Doctor
01-29-2006, 10:33 AM
Ever played TSL? You fight Revan on Korriban.

I was just screwing with you. Out of the choices given, my favourite would have to be Malak.

Jeremia Skywalk
01-29-2006, 01:32 PM
Yea Malak's got some style, not "all hail the great sith empire" or "I hear an echoe in the force" His clothes even looks good on him and he knows his saber very good. No match for Revan of course, but still.

Emperor Devon
01-29-2006, 03:27 PM
I liked them all. Bioware and Obsidian did a great job on each one, although Nihilus could've used a little more dialogue.

Diego Varen
01-29-2006, 03:34 PM
Nihilus's dialogue doesn't show whenever he talks (Unlike any other aliens that don't speak Galactic Basic) so I can never understand what's he saying. At least with Wookiees, it shows what there saying.

helljumper51
01-29-2006, 09:18 PM
thats becuase nihilis is dead. he only seems alive becuse he has so much dark energy in him.

ForceFightWMe12
01-29-2006, 09:26 PM
I would pick Malak, next to Lady Revan. Malak was simply more thought out.

Jae Onasi
01-29-2006, 10:06 PM
I like Malak. He's the quintessential Bad Guy. :)

Jae Onasi
01-29-2006, 10:08 PM
I liked them all. Bioware and Obsidian did a great job on each one, although Nihilus could've used a little more dialogue.

Hey, I would have been happy with _any_ dialog instead of the Listerine-gargling impression he does.

Venom750
01-30-2006, 08:50 AM
Malak was my favorite out of KOTOR because Malaks a badass

Prime
01-30-2006, 10:56 AM
Malak. He actually got something accomplished.

Point Man
01-30-2006, 03:38 PM
Gotta go with Malak. He was the only one who put up a fight.

MachineCult
01-30-2006, 05:58 PM
Darth Malak, we never really saw much of the other ones... Darth Sion is 2nd just because he's Grayfox style freaky.

The Doctor
01-30-2006, 06:07 PM
Hey, I would have been happy with _any_ dialog instead of the Listerine-gargling impression he does.

It's better than the annoying thing with Malak's voice. At least Nihilus' voice stayed constant. Malak's metallic effect kind of faded in and out.

MachineCult
01-30-2006, 06:09 PM
We didn't hear Darth Nihilus' voice enough for it to be annoying.

90SK
01-30-2006, 08:06 PM
I liked them all. Malak was an all around good villain, Traya was very interesting, Sion was something new that was a refreshing change from the usual clichés, and Nihilus had a really really well written background (though I was let down by the...two...times I saw him during the game).

I think if I had to pull a favorite, I'd say Nihilus. Despite his lack of "screen time", his the setup Visas and Kreia gave him, plus his overall look (and his voice :xp: ) made for a very interesting character.

RobQel-Droma
01-30-2006, 08:37 PM
A close match between Sion and Nihilus. Malak was the typical clutch-my-chest-while-laughing-demonically-after-my-boring-monologue. He was kind of annoying after the first time through KOTOR. Not that he wasn't a nice good villian, but I just got tired of him after a while.

Now Sion and Nihilus, I liked them a lot. For one, they weren't dummer than dirt, and they weren't always spouting "And now you feel the true power of the dark side! HA-HA-HA...." They were just darker, more mysterious, and were great concepts, different from what you usually see for villians in Star Wars games.

ForceFightWMe12
01-30-2006, 08:38 PM
The Dark Lords in TSL were hardly ever seen, and put up hardly any fight, or got anything done. Kriea manipulated you, so what? Malak actually had an effect on the galaxy. He practically destroyed it. The others...just kinda...were there.

RobQel-Droma
01-30-2006, 08:41 PM
As for getting anything done, well, I would disagree. What happened to the Harbinger (and other Republic ships), and all or rest of the Jedi? :)

ForceFightWMe12
01-30-2006, 09:55 PM
Well, yeah, but still. The Harbringer didn't have much effect on...well, anything, really. That's exagerating, I know, but still...

But I have to agree with Nhilus and Sion be darker and more mysterious. That was a nice change. Now, if only Nhilus wasn't such a huge, sucking windbag...

FiEND_138
01-30-2006, 11:58 PM
Traya.

Maverick5770
02-01-2006, 10:33 PM
I liked all the Sith in both games, Malak was a bit of a cheater, using his captive jedi to replenish himself, Nilhus was a bit of a pushover, didn't even knock any of my party down,Kreia was fun, but those dumb force controled sabers were annoying. Sion was a battle of wits, not just power so I enjoyed him the most. But they all were fun.

Hallucination
02-02-2006, 12:07 AM
IMO, they all sucked. Malak and Sion were too brutal, Nihilus, he just isn't much of a conversationalist, and although Traya was the most balanced of the pack, but she just pisses me off. But if Revan was on the poll I'd vote for him/her. :)

Shem
02-02-2006, 01:23 AM
I was going to put him in originally, but then I thought just to put in Sith Lords you fight in the game.

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/9048/vsrevan6yq.jpg

Greyslayer
02-02-2006, 07:19 AM
Wow, they all sucked really.

If I had to pick, it would definitely be Malak.

He was the most established and diabolical. As others have said he fits the Star Wars villain role best of those.

The first time playing K1 he's alright, but by the end game 2 he's much too comical to take seriously. That stupid metal jaw thing. Oh please :D Of the two Sith Lords in K1 who would be the one to wear a mask? I wouldn't think Revan. And his bug eyes that are too close together with his stupid laugh.. gah. Also he really seems pathetic when you see the untainted version of him in K1 and also in k2. Totally lame and the antithesis of menacing. I did like his synthesised voice though.

Then you have Nihilus. The gimp. First off, it's definitely the guy from the movie Scream. I mean come on. Also ripped from the Sith Revan look. Generic. Sure, it looks cool, but it's pretty weak when I can't stop thinking about the Scream killer. Then you hear him talk for the first time and I was laughing through the whole thing. Give me a break. That's the best they could come up with? I think I read somewhere it was backward msgs too. I expected more from Obsidian. The first dialog is the worst. He just sounds so idiotic. Then later you get to him, hit him one time which would kill him but it forces that little in between scene where vissas is having a rough time of it, "He's just too powerful!!!" then you hit him a second time and he dies. The Horror!

Sion would be pretty good but they gave him such a lame voice. Bad voice acting. But worst of all you get the impression that he's just a useless pawn. Thrown away by Traya like trash. He does seem pretty intellectually challenged too. At least the fight was unique and he hurt when he hit initially. Definitely the best fight, but considering his character in terms of role playing, he's just too pathetic for me to like. I felt sorry for him instead. It was a good part of the game, but him as a bada** Sith Lord? Heh, no. His strength was his undoing.

Then you get Traya... have to suffer through her confusing diatribe of complementing your subtle manipulations one minute to telling you how much you've failed the next. All that ranting about echoes this echoes that. I think the whole K2 echo bs really dilluted the Star Wars universe or specifically detracted from the dark side appeal with it's doom and gloom and utter pointlessness. Anyway, she was much too annoying, and the final fight, hah, where did that crap come from? We got to fight... not a sith lord.. but a bunch of flying swords. Yay! Maybe if the ending had not been so butchered...

The apprentices are even worse. Vissas? Everything about her personality would have been considered a weakness to any true sith. She was a joke.

Bastila? Lol, okay, so she frowned alot and had a dark robe and saber... but what was with her stealing the show at the end? Example: You're telling Carth off and considering whether or not you should compell Zaalbar to gut mission vao, when carth makes a run for it. You begin the chase because, there simply is no other person in the universe that you want to kill more than Carth, but Bastila commands you to stop because he's not worth it. WRONG, that should have been Revan's role commanding her. They ruined the entire bastila darkside.

Darth Bandon wtf. How many people started doing his little fight scene solo because they maybe got 1 swing in if they had 2 other companions before he died :D So bad. Such a boaster too. At least Nihilus you don't really hear bragging.

None of them come close to capturing the perfect villain which is Darth Vader. Intimidating dark skeletal armor look, complete lack of compassion "Apology accepted captain needo" as he's force gripping him to death, then later discussing the death stars progress in RotJ, "The Emporer is not as forgiving as I am" cruel, but it's funny and awe inspiring. He's the epitome of evil. But the power of love and family in the end lead such a wicked thing to sacrificing himself to save his son. You can't touch that.

Sadly, Malak was the only one that came even remotely close to a shadow of a Vadar villain. Not that it's truly comparable.

Oh well, K1 story was excellent and K2 fixed so much, even if the ending blew, killing that padme clone and some lines like "Run, he's unstopable!" made it worth the trouble. Hopefully TSL Restoration Project will flesh out the sith lords a bit more. Holding breath.

Prime
02-02-2006, 10:34 AM
Nihilus was just really hungry...

Darth Exilus
02-02-2006, 05:16 PM
Nihilus could have destroyed any of the other Sith Lords at will with his powers of hunger, I believe even Revan would have fallen to him.

Thats not to say that the Exile is more powerful than Revan, it's simply that the Exile is a breach in the force, just like Nihilus. Therefore when Nihilus tried to draw energy from the Exile, Nihilus' own energy had been drawn into that breach and it weakened him severely.

Revan's connection to the force had not manifested into a breach after the battle of Malachor V, at least not that I am aware of. But if it had become an echo, then Revan would have been immune to Nihilus' powers, just like the Exile.

I'd have to say as Sith Lords, the Exile and Revan would be equal in strength, the Exile's connection to the force was not as strong before the battle of Malachor V. After the battle and for the next 10 years before the events of TSL, he had lost all connection to the force, then Kreia taught him how to feel it again. I believe that this "echo" that he was, allowed him to become stronger in the force than he could have possibly become before Malachor V, as strong as Revan perhaps.

Revan just had a naturally strong connection to the force from birth, he learned and mastered everything the Jedi Masters taught him. As a Sith Lord he then again mastered all the teachings he learned while he was at the Trayus Academy. Wherever Revan is now in the Ancient Sith Empire, whether it be Ziost, Vjun, or some other extremely dark sided world, he is probably mastering whatever techniques that he is learning from the Ancient Sith enemies hes encountered there.

Therefore since I can't vote for Darth Revan or a Sith Lord Exile, I'll have to vote for Nihilus. Malak was just a brute, he was strong, but just like Sion he knew nothing of how to use the full power of the force.

igyman
02-03-2006, 06:39 PM
Nihilus was definitely the darkest Sith Lord so far. I mean, he drained entire worlds to satiate his hunger. Unfortunately, there's absolutely no info on him in TSL and that's a waste. I don't know if it was cut out of the game (like the HK factory and some dialogues), but I'm sure Nihilus has an excellent background story, too bad we'll never know who he really was.

Buzz1978
02-10-2006, 08:45 AM
I couldn't pick any of them.

Malak and Sion are no villains, they're just thugs on a bigger level.

Nihilus is just a machine without mind.

Traya... she is the only one with a long term objective and a plan to reach it and surely her ways are evil. But in reality she wants to be defeated by the Exile, even though she knows, she can't destroy the Force then. In a way, she's sacrificing herself. So I have problems seeing her as a real Sith.

Cygnus Q'ol
02-10-2006, 10:11 AM
Although the buildup getting to each one was more satisfying than actually fighting them, Malak, in KotOR had the best representation of evil.
Intelligent and ambitious yet cold and calculating. Truly sith-like.

Kreia, in her infinately cryptic, double tounged rants, had more of a manipulative direction about her than pure evil intent.
She was almost sympathetic, hardly a sith. Floating sabers, please...

Scion's single mindedness and tormented nature makes him inferior though very dangerous. He seems more of a right hand to a lord instead of a lord himself. Killing him was somewhat satisfying.

The most dissappointing to me was Nihilus. He was portrayed as this purely evil, dark wraith of a sith lord. The buildup to him was great. Dead? undead? Darkness feeding on jedi? I buzzed with anticipation as I neared our confrontation. Just to be flatlined when my party members spanked him up before I could get my saber out.

Malak left the best impression of a sith lord from these two games. I mean, who else would bombard a whole planet to kill one person?

Malkier
02-10-2006, 11:54 AM
HK-47

igyman
02-10-2006, 04:20 PM
HK-47

Yeah, too bad he's not a Sith Lord, nor a human.:nod:

The_Mandalore
02-10-2006, 07:57 PM
Nihilus. He is just so much more evil than the rest of them. Not "Dr.Evil" evil but more like "True Sith Lord" evil. He is one with the darkside. He is darkness.

PoiuyWired
02-11-2006, 05:21 PM
Yeah, too bad he's not a Sith Lord, nor a human.:nod:

Who says a sith lord have to be human? Then again HK47 is not Force Sensitive.

I think "the original meatbag" is the best sith lord.

igyman
02-11-2006, 05:42 PM
I never said that a Sith Lord has to be human, I was using ''human'' as an example for, as HK-47 would say, a ''meatbag''.

YertyL
02-12-2006, 07:58 AM
Nihilus could have destroyed any of the other Sith Lords at will with his powers of hunger, I believe even Revan would have fallen to him.

Thats not to say that the Exile is more powerful than Revan, it's simply that the Exile is a breach in the force, just like Nihilus. Therefore when Nihilus tried to draw energy from the Exile, Nihilus' own energy had been drawn into that breach and it weakened him severely.

Revan's connection to the force had not manifested into a breach after the battle of Malachor V, at least not that I am aware of. But if it had become an echo, then Revan would have been immune to Nihilus' powers, just like the Exile.

I'd have to say as Sith Lords, the Exile and Revan would be equal in strength, the Exile's connection to the force was not as strong before the battle of Malachor V. After the battle and for the next 10 years before the events of TSL, he had lost all connection to the force, then Kreia taught him how to feel it again. I believe that this "echo" that he was, allowed him to become stronger in the force than he could have possibly become before Malachor V, as strong as Revan perhaps.

Sorry if this is a bit off-topic but I absolutely loath the whole Force philosophy in TSL."A breach in the Force"! Have you ever considered that the Force is "an energy field created by all living things" and that the affinity to it is a natural ability that you can change as much as you can change the colour of your eyes?(i.e. it is a biological fact)
The same goes for Kreia's "I can kill the Force" thing - the SW movies tell us that you can kill the Force as much as you can kill all life; as long as there is life, there is the Force and vice versa.
And Nihilus' "I can destroy wohle planets using the Force but can't defend myself against 2 jedi and a Mandalorian" is just :cry8: :cry8: :cry8:
And of course the echoes and Malachor ... I found the idea interesting in the beginning, but at the end it just gets ridicoulus. "You now are like Malachor, it is what defines you" "Well, if I create an absence of the Force at the right time it will miraculously multiply (since it is an echo) and destroy the whole Force" *sigh*
Very un-Starwarsy :(
IMHO TSL makes the same mistake as Matrix 2 & 3: Trying to be intellectually challenging by mixing in lots of little thought-through but pompously sounding "philosophy"

Vaelastraz
02-12-2006, 10:17 AM
Sorry if this is a bit off-topic but I absolutely loath the whole Force philosophy in TSL."A breach in the Force"! Have you ever considered that the Force is "an energy field created by all living things" and that the affinity to it is a natural ability that you can change as much as you can change the colour of your eyes?(i.e. it is a biological fact)
The same goes for Kreia's "I can kill the Force" thing - the SW movies tell us that you can kill the Force as much as you can kill all life; as long as there is life, there is the Force and vice versa.
And Nihilus' "I can destroy wohle planets using the Force but can't defend myself against 2 jedi and a Mandalorian" is just :cry8: :cry8: :cry8:
And of course the echoes and Malachor ... I found the idea interesting in the beginning, but at the end it just gets ridicoulus. "You now are like Malachor, it is what defines you" "Well, if I create an absence of the Force at the right time it will miraculously multiply (since it is an echo) and destroy the whole Force" *sigh*
Very un-Starwarsy :(
IMHO TSL makes the same mistake as Matrix 2 & 3: Trying to be intellectually challenging by mixing in lots of little thought-through but pompously sounding "philosophy"

Totally agreed.
I hate that echos/wounds/leaks in the force thing. I hate the True Sith as well.

But for the Sith Lords:

For me the best is definitly Malak.
Malak has just by far the best backgroundstory, his fall is realistic.
I like his appearance. He is intelligent even though he sucks with strategy tactic and so on. The fight with him in the star forge with the Malak music theme is also by far the best boss fight. His german voice is stunning. Dont know about the english one.

Sion, hm he just isn't a real Sith Lord. He is more like an elite warrior to me. He lacks in understanding the force. He's ok though, but imo he just isnt a Sith Lord.

Traya: Although she is manipulative, wise and intelligent, i cant really understand what she is actually trying to achieve. Is it the destruction of the force (what a ridicoulus thought) ? Or is it, Revenge against Nihilus, Sion and the Jedi? Or does she want to train someone who is as powerful as her first apprentice? No matter what it is, her goal is definitly not that of a real Sith lord. And by the way, the fight against her was just too easy and that flying-lightsaber concept sucks.

Nihilus:
The one i thought would be a real interesting powerful sithlord, after i've seen the artwork where he fights Atris.
But no, that guy is not a Sith lord but just some kind of monster who wants to consume all life, until nothing is left. How interesting. Nihilus is not even a character. He is just there. He is the most dissappointing Sith lord i ever heard about. Pff.

in all Star wars, Revan is my favourite Sithlord, then Palpatine, then Malak and then Vader

Darth SINner
02-13-2006, 12:48 AM
It would have to be Malak for two reasons.

1 He is ruthless and just an all round bad ass in my book.

2 He is the former apprentice of the great Lord Revan. Need i say more.

Non-false Jedi
02-19-2006, 01:38 PM
I voted Malak.

I didn't like the Sith Lords in....The Sith Lords.

I thought the concept of them was absurd.

Kreia...is very confusing and i think a a little insane. And its a little silly how she makes 3 Jedi Masters drop dead with a wave off her hand.

Sion...how can he not die? What if the exile severed his head? He also seems pretty stupid...and why did he go from being Kreia's enemy to being her servant?!

Nihilus...i think i disliked him the most. The idea that he can kill a whole planet by himself is a little ridiculous to me. Even more so considering the way he dies. WHat is he some sort of "god"? That sounds too overpowered.

Malak wasn't exactly the "golden boy" of the Sith Order, but he was bth menacing, and entertaining...i think part of me played Kotor again just he hear his hilariously entertaining voice.

"I had to see if you still ALIVE ...Revan."

"This is but a taste of the DARK SIDE."

"HA-HA-HA"

"Blind...and stupid..."

Darth Xul
03-31-2007, 08:56 PM
I know this is a late.. well very late post, but when I read through this at random I had to fix something by pointing it out..

People said Darth Traya was not much of a sith because she acted very differently;
Well let me state a quote from her, "It(sith) may be my title, but it is not who I am.."
the quote may not be exact but it is close, it is from Kreias conversation with Atris near the end of the game.
Kreia was a sith only by title so that is why she didn't act like the typical sith which is why most people don't think she is "evil" enough to be one, but she is the one who taught Sion, Revan and possibly even Nilhus.
Kreia may not be oustandingly brutal but she is still "evil" as the way she goes about getting her goals done couldn't be concieved as anything other than "Dark sided"
If you pay attention in the game you find out that Kriea was a Jedi Master at one point, then later a Sith Master, she goes around with the Exile as what is known as a Grey Jedi then later reveals herself as a sith. She has mastered light side and dark side
and was probably the most powerful Jedi and the most powerful Sith. She knew how to manipulate and if you do your homework you see that manipulation is one of the "evilest" things someone can do because in most cases it is worse then just killing the person you don't like.

"It is a far greater victory to make one see through your eyes, then to close theirs forever.." -Kreia

Jediphile
04-01-2007, 06:03 AM
It's a close call between Nihilus and Traya. I'll go with Nihilus, though - he's just so haunting and mysterious.

Sion is just a brutish zombie by comparison, but the worst really is Malak. I don't think I've ever seen a more cheesy villain. He deserved to die just for his attempt at an evil laughter alone... Let's be thankful for the metal jaw, though, since it means he at least didn't have a moustache to twirl :(

Canderous_ordo1
04-01-2007, 06:56 AM
the Sith that i would probably have to like a lot is probably Darth bane he makes the others sound extremely weak and i'm going to quote something that bane said
honor is for the living in dead people deserve no honour

so i'm going to have to go with bane plus i don't think malak could destroy a whole room about 10 times over
and he also kills men woman and children so he is probably my type of sith the ones above is nothing compard to bane

Jediphile
04-01-2007, 07:02 AM
Darth Bane isn't part of the KotOR series (which I assume to mean the games), though. That's probably why he is missing from the list along with Sidious, Vader, Maul, Dooku, etc.

Henz
04-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Nihlus was the best concept. He was the worst in execution though sadly.

I've said it before, but I'd love to have Nihlus return in the 3rd game, as a party member even (his pre-Nihlus human state of course.) It would make the story far richer to hear more about him.

Jediphile
04-01-2007, 05:11 PM
Yes, I think there is potential for revealing things about Nihilus in K3. I did that in my own plot suggestion.

I disagree, however, that he was poorly executed in TSL, except for the actual confrontation with him. To say that he is disappointing because we don't learn more about him defeats his entire purpose - we're not SUPPOSED to learn about his past. It is precisely because he is unknown that he is mysterious, threatening, and dangerous. It is human nature to fear the unknown and that is precisely what Nihilus represents in TSL - the unknown. If his entire past was revealed in TSL, then they might as well not have put him in there in the first place. Dracula also works best when he is an unknowable force of evil as he was in Stoker's original novel, and as the Great Old Ones are in Lovecraft's Cthulhu mythology, where mere knowledge of them equals doom while ignorance is bliss. That's the sort of hauting and gothic entity that Nihilus is, and it is what he works best as in TSL.

Grey Master
04-01-2007, 05:30 PM
Tray abeats them all, hands down, manipulative, rants about the Dark Side, how much more Sith can you get???

Jediphile
04-01-2007, 06:17 PM
^^

You just don't know Nihilus... Which is, of course, the point ;)

Titanius Anglesmith
04-01-2007, 10:57 PM
It's almost too close to call between Traya and Nihilus, but I think I'll go with Nihilus. I think I like him so much because I know almost nothing about him. I've always been of the mind that an unknown evil is far more dangerous than a known one.

SykoRevan
04-02-2007, 12:40 AM
My favorite is Malak, only because he's the only one that's simple and true. What I mean is, the Sith Lords in TSL were overdone. One of them is immortal, one of them eats planets, and the other one isn't even a Sith. They say you can overdo something, and that's true with the TSL Sith. Malak was pure Star Wars-esque bad guy. He made KOTOR I feel much more like a true Star Wars story than if Traya or Sion was the bad guy in K1. Star Wars has always been about a clear defining line between good and evil (Those are George Lucas's words, not mine), and TSL wasn't about that at all. In K1, Malak was the bad guy, and you were the good guy trying to stop him. To me, that's better than the mess of a story behind TSL and the "Sith" that made it that way.

Diego Varen
04-02-2007, 01:22 AM
In K1, Malak was the bad guy, and you were the good guy trying to stop him.

Only in canon (Which I use for the KOTOR series), since Revan could also be the bad guy. Yes, the Poll only contained the Sith Lords from the KOTOR games, not books like Bane.

Canderous_ordo1
04-02-2007, 04:12 AM
well bane is from the kotor series but i think he comes along later about 3,000 years after reven but if you ever heard of him you will know what i mean he found an old holocron that proved that reven want to the unknown world after the star forge was destroyed

i can prove that bane is part of the kotor series just read
path of destruction which relates 3,000 years after reven but still relates to the kotor

Diego Varen
04-02-2007, 04:29 AM
well bane is from the kotor series but i think he comes along later about 3,000 years after reven but if you ever heard of him you will know what i mean he found an old holocron that proved that reven want to the unknown world after the star forge was destroyed

path of destruction which relates 3,000 years after reven but still relates to the kotor

Yes I do know Bane, I've read the first few Chapters of the PoD book. The thing is that he isn't in the games and this poll is about the Sith Lords from the games.

Jediphile
04-02-2007, 10:57 AM

That makes Bane Star Wars and likely "Tales of the Jedi" as well. It doesn't not put him in KotOR, which covers mostly the games, the new comic books, and possibly the original "Tales of the Jedi" set before, during, and just after the Old Sith Wars. Generally KotOR is about 4000 years before the movies. Bane lives 3000 years after KotOR and 1000 years before the movies, so there is no way he can be part of the KotOR-era, since it's 3000 years before his time. There are references to Revan in the some of the Bane-material, yes, but that just makes it Star Wars, not KotOR. Otherwise we could claim that the Dark Empire stories are KotOR, since Ood appears in Dark Empire II.

I don't even consider "The Golden Age of the Sith" and "Fall of the Sith Empire" to be KotOR, since they take place 1000 years before the time of Exar Kun, Ulic and Revan. They're references in the game, but that's historic background more than anything else.

darth fmc
04-02-2007, 11:16 AM
i think sion coz he cant die or Nihilus coz he eats planets

SilentScope001
04-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Nihlius was a candiate for being a favorite Sith Lord...until I realized I learnt too much about him.

1. He once was a human.
2. He has the ability to bond with others and feed on that bond.
3. He destroyed Kattar.
4. He learnt all this from you.

That's too much information. Already, we know about the threat of Darth Nihlius, and we know how to destroy him. Some info is good to freak someone out, but I felt we learnt far too much about Nihlius for him to actually be scary.

Rasputin1st
04-02-2007, 11:44 AM
Malak was unique in his own little way, he was a little too similar to Vader, but Malak had his own style and it was not his "special powerz" that defined him, his personality dictated his powers.

Gargoyle King
04-07-2007, 08:31 AM
Sion, definately. I feel he was the most unique out of the lot and had an interesting aura about him. Lacked a backstory, but hey, that made him all the more mysterious and dark.

Arátoeldar
04-07-2007, 10:09 AM
Darth Traya, master of manipulation.
Ditto

The Source
04-07-2007, 01:29 PM

ALL HAIL LORD REVAN!
Lol... Agreed.

ALL HAIL LORD REVAN!

Gargoyle King
04-07-2007, 01:36 PM
Lol... Agreed.

ALL HAIL LORD REVAN!

Hmmm.... Perhaps, but don't you think that Revan is just a tad bit overrated? I think Revan is just your general Sith Lord - to me personally there is nothing too special about him/her.

Titanius Anglesmith
04-07-2007, 01:39 PM
Hmmm.... Perhaps, but don't you think that Revan is just a tad bit overrated? I think Revan is just your general Sith Lord - to me personally there is nothing too special about him/her.
I agree. If he wasn't the player character in K1, I probably wouldn't even like him all that much. He's probably the most overrated person in all of Star Wars.

Gargoyle King
04-07-2007, 01:44 PM
I agree. If he wasn't the player character in K1, I probably wouldn't even like him all that much. He's probably the most overrated person in all of Star Wars.

I think this is the core problem, gamers often seem to focus on main characters rather than sub-characters. Revan is not all that special, take any other Sith Lord from the Star Wars EU - say Exar Kun or Marka Ragnos, picture them in a duel - can anyone really suggest that Revan would come out on top? Still it's down to personal opinion i suppose.

Jeff
04-07-2007, 01:55 PM
I definitely thought Malak was the best out of them. But I also liked Sion's character.

Gargoyle King
04-07-2007, 01:56 PM
I definitely thought Malak was the best out of them. But I also liked Sion's character.

I also kinda liked Malak, his character best describes the Sith personality as he turned on his master, Revan, which of course is what all Sith do to become the 'Master' (according to Darth Bane's 'Rule of Two' anyhow).

Fredi
04-07-2007, 02:46 PM
Well my favorite is Darth Bandon , Not for his fighting style and nothing like that but hes personality is pretty cool , very Sith , not like Traya and Malak that are very calm , he is pretty much my favorite Sith

Gargoyle King
04-07-2007, 02:49 PM
Well my favorite is Darth Bandon , Not for his fighting style and nothing like that but hes personality is pretty cool , very Sith , not like Traya and Malak that are very calm , he is pretty much my favorite Sith

He was pretty cool, for the short time we see him - but to me he seems just like an average Sith Apprentice; a bit like Revan whom to me seems like your average Sith Lord.

Titanius Anglesmith
04-08-2007, 03:18 PM
I actually hated Malak. He was the most straightforward and brutal one of them all. I guess he's the most "true" to Star Wars, but I just hate overly done straightforwardness and brutality. In my opinion, Sith Lords should be a little more subtle than Malak, and at least give some thought to the consequences of your actions on the galaxy.

Having those hidden ulterior motives, like Kreia, and actually having some insight on the inner workings of the galaxy and the Force is far more interesting than seeing some jaw-less maniac destroy a planet.

Jediphile
04-08-2007, 04:00 PM
Malak was cheesy and phoney in the extreme. You only had to hear him laugh once to get a pretty good idea of why he lost his jaw... ;)

Gargoyle King
04-08-2007, 04:17 PM
. I guess he's the most "true" to Star Wars, but I just hate overly done straightforwardness and brutality.

A bit like Vader in some way, part mechanical and ruthless - but i definately in tersm of ruthlessness Malak is the worser in personification as his personality is unflinching - Vader on the otherhand eventually succumbs back to the path of light by saving Luke from the hands of the Emperor.

Jediphile
04-10-2007, 03:47 PM
A bit like Vader in some way, part mechanical and ruthless - but i definately in tersm of ruthlessness Malak is the worser in personification as his personality is unflinching - Vader on the otherhand eventually succumbs back to the path of light by saving Luke from the hands of the Emperor.

I disagree. Vader kills his own commanding officers!

"Apology accepted, Captain Needa..."

You just can't top that [insert evil smile here]

Also, Vader captures and tortures Luke's friends solely for the purpose of drawing him out, and he plays on his love for his sister to corrupt him. He's much worse as a bad guy than Malak. Sure, he may be redeemed in the end, but he was still an infinitely better villain than Malak... and without a phoney laughter too [insert cringe here]

Titanius Anglesmith
04-10-2007, 03:58 PM
Also, Vader captures and tortures Luke's friends solely for the purpose of drawing him out, and he plays on his love for his sister to corrupt him. He's much worse as a bad guy than Malak. Sure, he may be redeemed in the end, but he was still an infinitely better villain than Malak... and without a phoney laughter too [insert cringe here]
I think the best thing about Vader was that he never laughed. I hate villains that laugh about their victories and/or plans. I mean, what's funny about them? That's the main reason I hate Malak - he's a complete Vader copy (a pathetic one at that) and his laugh is the cheesiest, lamest, and most cringe-worthy (in a bad way) I've ever heard.

Jediphile
04-10-2007, 04:05 PM
I think the best thing about Vader was that he never laughed. I hate villains that laugh about their victories and/or plans. I mean, what's funny about them? That's the main reason I hate Malak - he's a complete Vader copy (a pathetic one at that) and his laugh is the cheesiest, lamest, and most cringe-worthy (in a bad way) I've ever heard.

Well, at least he had facial problems... just imagine if he'd had a mustache to twirl too [insert shudder here] :(

The Architect
04-10-2007, 09:28 PM
All of the above negative comments about Malak are funny because they’re true. Especially this:

Malak was cheesy and phoney in the extreme. You only had to hear him laugh once to get a pretty good idea of why he lost his jaw... ;)

Lol. A smilie would normally go here, but I'm editing this post, so I can't use them.

A big focus of my KotOR comedy fan fic is taking the piss out of Malak. You’ve just got to love Malak bashing.

Part one which I’ve posted on the CET section of this forum gives you an idea of what is to come. Now I’m not sure if I should continue to post it part by part (when I complete a part) or wait until I complete it (which could take like a year) and then post the entire thing.

Oh, and to stay on topic, Darth Traya is my favourite Sith Lord in the KotOR series so far, because she's a well written, clever character who’s well voice acted by Sara (eh, I forgot how to spell her last name, because I forgot what it is, and I can’t be assed enough to Google it or whatever).

And why is Mr. Cheese winning the poll?!?!? Vote Traya! Or vote anyone but Mr. Cheese!

SilentScope001
04-10-2007, 10:05 PM
And why is Mr. Cheese winning the poll?!?!? Vote Traya! Or vote anyone but Mr. Cheese!

Mr. Cheese is winning because he is indeed Classic and fitting of K1. He fits what Star Wars is meant to be, a story with stupid and pathetic villians, compared to great and mighty heroes. Malak fit an sterotype, and he did so well.

Meanwhile, in TSL, you got an Exile who is stupid and pathetic (in other people's eyes, but to me as well, The Exile was just a tool), and Kreia who is far too charmastic for her own good. It upsets the whole SW legacy.

Titanius Anglesmith
04-11-2007, 01:02 PM
Nihilus is definitely the coolest of the Sith Lords, but I would say Kreia is actually my favorite of them, and also my favorite character of all. I would have to agree ,though, that she is too good for some Star Wars fans. I guess a lot of them want stereotypical, miserably pathetic, dumb, lame villains with a cheesy laugh. In my opinion, Star Wars took a turn for the better (much better) when they made TSL, and I really hope they keep going down that path.

Oh, and Architect, I would definitely like it if you keep posting each chapter as you right it. It's a lot easier to read it one chapter at a time than to read a full-length fic all in one setting. And I really hate Malak, and I love any fic that talks about what a **** he was. ;)

Gargoyle King
04-11-2007, 01:05 PM
and without a phoney laughter too

:lol: An annoying aspect of Malak.

legend222
04-11-2007, 02:07 PM
Well Nihilus is cool yes but he was a big letdown. All that suspense and talk about his power is destroyed when I faced him. I make a attack or two and the cut scene with Visas triggers another attack and Nihilus is defeated. It wasn't worth it.

Sion has a cool power but he lacks will power and is a brute with little intelligence (it's no wonder he's always Traya's pet). He's just brutish and after a battle of wills he gives up. Pathetic.

Traya was a brilliant character and one of the best written characters I've seen in games (and I've seen a lot). She's also probably the most manipulative characters (along with Kane from the Legacy of Kain series) and I like that. Her grey philosophy brings a new point of view in to Star Wars aside from the usual Light side and Dark side.

Malak was cheesy yes but he best suits the definition of a Star Wars villain. A true epitome of evil it really motivates me to fight him for the fate of the galaxy.

Normally I'd choose Traya as the best and most interesting character but this is Star Wars and I feel Malak better fits in to it. He's the classic villain. If this wasn't SW I would have Darth Traya not Malak. Traya is great but I have a hard time picturing her as a true Sith Lord not because she is too manipulative but because she is too grey. I like such personalities but in Star Wars everyone and everything is black and white and Malak simply fits better in to it.

Jediphile
04-11-2007, 02:49 PM

Mr. Cheese is winning because KotOR-fans vote for him, while TSL fans are divided among the three Sith Lords. I mean, just look at you and me - we definitely like ANY of the Sith Lords in, well "The Sith Lords" better that Mr. Cheese, yet you vote for Traya and I vote for Nihilus... And if you and I can't agree, then surely all hope is lost :D

Diego Varen
04-11-2007, 04:07 PM
Mr. Cheese is winning because KotOR-fans vote for him, while TSL fans are divided among the three Sith Lords. I mean, just look at you and me - we definitely like ANY of the Sith Lords in, well "The Sith Lords" better that Mr. Cheese, yet you vote for Traya and I vote for Nihilus... And if you and I can't agree, then surely all hope is lost :D

And I vote for Sion, which makes the the three TSL Sith Lords all get at least one vote. I have to agree though, Malak is the worst villian out of all of them. When I first played KOTOR, I admit I used to find him a good viliian, but compared to Sion and Traya, he is nothing.

Jediphile
04-11-2007, 05:21 PM
It's quite telling that KotOR-fanatics can vote for only one Sith Lord while TSL-fanatics can vote for three. And those latter three all a good number of votes for them. One thing though, although Malak may be winning as an individual Sith Lord with 35 votes right now, the combined Sith Triumverate is whooping his backside with a combined total of 37 ;)

The Architect
04-12-2007, 05:54 AM
It's quite telling that KotOR-fanatics can vote for only one Sith Lord while TSL-fanatics can vote for three. And those latter three all a good number of votes for them. One thing though, although Malak may be winning as an individual Sith Lord with 35 votes right now, the combined Sith Triumverate is whooping his backside with a combined total of 37 ;)

Actually, the Sith Triumvirate has 47 votes, not 37. Not too crash hot with your maths are you? :giggle1: I can’t talk; I had to use a calculator to figure out the total. :lol: Not really by the way. I’m sure you meant 47 and not 37 though, because that would explain what you meant by “whooping its backside”. Yes, that's right, I said "it". It’s a stab at the Malak fan-boys. Wha-? What did I just say? Malak has fan-boys? Have I gone mad? It’s this fora. It’s doing more bad for me than it is good. :lol:

Oh, and EagerWeasel, yeah I’ll post it part by part in that case. There’s just one big problem though. Writing fan fics can become addictive. I want to continue to work on them rather than work on one of my fifty or so boring assignments I have to complete in the next eight months!

I have to hold off working on my two fan fics for a while until I “get on top of things” (not literally) with my assignments. Basically I’m trying to get a umm…”ticket” into University (I was a slacker and a yacker at high school) and do a creative writing course or something along those lines (whatever course it is that you do, in the creative writing field).

Trex
04-12-2007, 02:05 PM
Well, after weighty consideration, I think I eventually have to go with Kreia/Traya here. An in-depth character who didn't just stand around making supposedly evil speeches and laughing a lot.

Malak definitely had too much of the slightly camp pantomime baddie thing going on (reminded me a lot of Jerec from Dark forces II for some reason), even if he did have a final end dual better than any others. Nihlus, alas, was too overblown for when it came down to fighting him. Sion was good and just misses out.

SilentScope001
04-15-2007, 10:46 AM
You know, this reason how Malak is able to win via a purality shows the problem with modern-day democratic elections.

We should change to a system that would be more represenative of our will, to showcase who we really love. I don't remember its name, but mathmaticans around the world want this new voting system, so that democracy can be much more accurate.

Here's the idea for a brand new election, let us assume we have 4 candinates, MALAK, TRAYA, SION, and NIHLIUS. You then have the ability to rank them based on 1, 2, 3, and 4. 1st Place gets 3 votes, 2nd place gets 2 votes, and 3rd place gets 1 vote. We tally up all the votes, and we'll see what the will of the people are.

This way, we can better and more accurately determine the will of the people, instead of having skewed results like this. The only problem is that this system might be a bit too complex...but I don't think so. Doesn't hurt to try, though.

Oh, and I'd like to post some critics' views for Kreia:
GameLemon: Top Ten Villians of All Time: (www.gamelemon.com/article_30003.jsp)

7) Darth Traya, Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (Xbox)
While Sith Lords was generally viewed by gaming journalists as just another sequel that didn't live up to the standards set by its' predecessor, I would have to say I really disagree. Woe be to me to question the judgment of such highly skilled professionals, but I really think they just weren't intelligent enough to understand the game's subdued, yet morally complex, plot which culminated in a duel with the woman who is almost solely responsible for your own salvation. Darth Traya (i.e. former party member Kreia) is the quiet, nearly invisible force behind almost all the terrible things, but also almost all of the really good things, that happen throughout the game. She incessantly forces the player's character into nearly impossible situations, but all for the sake of making him into someone who does not follow either side of the force blindly, but rather questions and lives with a fierceness which defies the Jedi's stark emotionless ness and opposes the Sith's blind wrath. While the mechanics of the actual battle are nothing particularly jaw-dropping, the confrontation with Traya, where the player must defeat her for what she has come to embody because of the very teachings she has instilled in him, is one of the most moving moments in all of video games. After finishing Sith Lord's and hearing Traya's final message I spent a long time pondering my own conceptions of morality and the Good. I don't think any other video game has ever managed to get that response from me.

Top Ten Female Video Game Characters You Should Idolize (http://www.shinyshiny.tv/2007/04/top_ten_list_of.html)

7.) Kreia from Knights Of The Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - Unfamiliar to me, this character was mentioned my 90% of the men I questioned in regards to this list. Chris from Xboxer summed it up best with ''she actually made the dark side interesting, better than that whole good vs. evil thing that they've got going in most of the Star Wars universe. Also nice to have a slightly nihilistic baddie. Who could control lightsabers with mind powers". Ahh, so it's not her atrophied eyes which makes every man fancy her then?

Diego Varen
04-15-2007, 11:50 AM
SilentScope001, your idea about ranking the Sith sounds good. You could create a Thread and I will post my views, which would be.

1. Sion
2. Traya
3. Malak
4. Nihilus

BruceLee_Reborn
04-15-2007, 01:15 PM
Darth Traya. so awesome...all that deciet and manipulation, and she just shrugs it off like nothing was wrong with that...so cool...

Son of Skywalker15
04-15-2007, 08:26 PM
Darth Traya. so awesome...all that deciet and manipulation, and she just shrugs it off like nothing was wrong with that...so cool...

I'd have to agree. As far as Sith Lords go, well, Atton put it best: " All the talk of manipulation, standing on your own two feet. You don't get anymore Sith then that."

kotor_freak
04-17-2007, 09:12 AM
Traya!!!! She's cool, i like her. :D

Nihilius could of done with a few Galactic Basic classes :P.

Teacher: The-cat-climbs-up-the-tree.

Nihilius: The-cat-climb...Awwhhh **** YOU!! *blasts teacher*

Teacher: That's uggh good enough for me..you've passed....ugggh....*collapses*

Nihilius: *dances*

:D:D

Ancient Sith
04-21-2007, 02:13 PM
I voted Traya. She is so manipulative, and I love the way she just pops up and either threatens or knocks out anyone in her way. Nihilus got a close second thpugh, I really wish there was more of him in the game.

Mindtwistah
06-15-2007, 06:55 PM
Nihilus is my favorite. He was the most powerful of them, that's a fact. He would give Revan, Malak, Sion, Kreia, Exar Kun, Bane, Kaan, Sidious, Maul, Dokuu, (NOT Vader), Krayt e.t.c., e.t.c. some serious asswhooping. The only reason why he lost against the exile was because the exile was a wound in the force. So Nihilus best power, the power capable of destroying entire worlds, was useless. If the exile wouldn't have been a wound in the force she would dead before she would get the chance to say: "Holy S**t!"

Sion was to arrogant, he always thought that he was the better one and that he could defeat Nihilus. Well, the cut content proved that he was wrong, big time.

Kreia would get a second place actually. She was very wise. Not Jedi style wise, thinking and teaching that the galaxy is a good place and that everything will solve itself when you meditate, but realistic wise. She knew the dangers of the universe. She knew that all you do sends echoes trough the force and for that you must make serious sacrifaces. And YertyL, if you say that the force keeps everything alive, how would you explain the Yuuzhan Vong. If Kreia would succed in destroying the force, it wouldn't have been so different. Everyone would just live like the Yuuzhan Vong, not feeling the force. The only different thing is that there would be no jedi or sith who can rule the galaxy and no echoes that makes people do things like killing someone.

Malak was just stupid. He thought that he was the most powerful man in the universe and that nothing could stop him. He could be compared to a Goa'uld, thinking that he is a God. He wasn't a good strategist at all, the only thing that made him powerful was that the star forge was pumping out new ships and droids every second. In the end Revan proved that he was a weakling, only capable of defeating others at distance with ships armed with superlasers.

Vaelastraz
06-16-2007, 04:20 AM
Malak was just stupid. He thought that he was the most powerful man in the universe and that nothing could stop him. He could be compared to a Goa'uld, thinking that he is a God. He wasn't a good strategist at all, the only thing that made him powerful was that the star forge was pumping out new ships and droids every second. In the end Revan proved that he was a weakling, only capable of defeating others at distance with ships armed with superlasers.

Who is a good strategist besides Revan and Kreia? hm..

Malak's mastery of the force was second to only Revan during Kotor I...and his betrayal of Revan shows that he is not as stupid as many would like him to be. What better chance could there be to kill your master? If it had worked, it would indeed have been a "single masterful stroke", killing Revan and Bastila at the same time...
Malak was strong and a natural leader, he just lacked tactic and strategy.

Sabretooth
06-16-2007, 05:16 AM
Hmm... I can't pick. I like all of them, dammit. :p

Corinthian
06-16-2007, 07:45 AM
Revan was my favorite. He's like Grand Admiral Thrawn: Sith Lord edition. But from the ones on that list, Malak. Why? Sion makes my ears hurt with that voice of his, Nihilus isn't even a character, he's a walking, 'talking' McGuffin, and Traya was a totally ineffective villain. Woo, look at me! I betray the Exile, and then the Exile kills me! At least Malak devastated the Republic. Sion and Nihilus did more damage than Traya.

MacTavish
06-16-2007, 11:17 AM
I think they're all pretty sweet, including Revan. But I think that if you gave the Exile some cool robes and a mask he would be pretty good too.

Corinthian
06-16-2007, 11:28 AM
The Exile isn't a Sith, even if he goes Dark Side.

MacTavish
06-16-2007, 11:29 AM
The Exile isn't a Sith, even if he goes Dark Side.

I mean if he was totally Sith.

Weave
06-27-2007, 01:23 AM
Sion by far...
Traya hated the concept of the Force... Nihilus didn't even care for the Sith or any life for that matter (Nihilism baby). So those two are out. Malak may have his bursts of intellect like betraying and outwitting Revan (once) but overall, he was fairly stupid. Plus, Revan did everything for him (Star map, troops, etc.). And, Malak also cared more about conquering the Republic rather than the genocide of the Jedi. Malak was just an angry, 8-foot tall boy with an extreamly long lightsaber.
Sion on the other hand... cared only about the annhilation of the jedi. He was EXTREAMLY morbid and looked the way he acted (festering skin etc...). And he personally chose to beat the crap out of Traya with his hands rather than his lightsaber. Plus, he had a skin-crawling voice. He may be a little dimwitted but hey... What sith lord isn't a little stupid? (except for Bane, and Palpatine).

Honestly, he is more true to the Ideal than any of the others... and he could probably take on Malak... (Nihilus and Traya could whoop him... but they weren't really Sith... just two Death obsessed cultists).

Edit: Sorry for the double post but i do have to say that Traya is my favorite character out of any of them... she's just not a blind, Sith-by-the-book. She has a much more interesting backstory and her views are actually worth considering... blinding yourself to ANY creed is dangerous no matter what it may be. She actually evoked the thought that the individual is more important than the beliefs that they may potentially blind themselves to...
So my favorite character out of them is Traya. But, in terms of idealogy, Sion was more true to the original concept of "Kill all Jedi".
In terms of power... either Traya or Nihilus... Probably Traya since she tricked Nihilus and had the Exile do away with him instead.
Even though KOTOR 1 is my favorite game, lets face it... Malak was horrible and a poor attempt at a 4000 year old Darth Vader.

My favorite Non-KOTOR Sith Lord would have to be Bane. Is it official that he's the Sith'ari' or is that merely speculation among fans?

Totenkopf
06-27-2007, 04:08 AM
Nihilus was just really hungry...

Yeah, but what was he smoking? I mean talk about gettin' the munchies. :p

I'd have to say Kreia was the most interesting as presented. The others were either poorly fleshed out (Sion and Nihilus) or a caricature (Malak). Otherwise, I'd have to say DS male Revan (edging out a DS male Exile...yeah, yeah, I know it's not cannon, but big freaking deal ;) ....)

teodesetkata
10-27-2007, 02:45 PM
Who is your favourite Sith Lord in the KOTOR series?

I would have to say Darth Traya. The Jedi Exile did not expect her betrayal, but I unfortunately did. And she's a powerful and a wise one.

I was having hard time myself to succeed in gaining maximum influence with her. To be honest, I haven't... That's why I'm going to play the game once again.

Second place: Darth Malak. I was disappointed in his cowardice move - to 'kill' Revan while he is on his ship. A smart, but not a brave move. But I like him, still. He understood his mistake.

I like all of the Sith Lords mentioned, but these two are top two for me.

Cebot
11-04-2007, 10:24 AM
I would have to say Darth Malak. Probably because he seemed to be the cruelest of the all. He could be deceiving eg. when he attacks Revans ship in order to take control of the sith and also be up front about things eg. when he destroyed Taris.

I personally think that there were to many sith lords in K2 for one of them to be my favourite. I fell i didn't get enough info on them to choose.

Jvstice
11-04-2007, 10:35 AM
Kreia - I like complicated villians.

Rev7
11-04-2007, 02:21 PM
If I was forced to choose one it would probably be Malak, but I chose none. The only Sith Lord the game really goes in depth about would probably be Darth Revan, IMO.

Meowster
11-04-2007, 02:43 PM
Ooh! Ooh! Darth Traya, definately. She was quite the betrayer.

However, in terms of whom is the best Sith Lord, it would be Malak. Everyone else has been redeemed, or had views not similar to the Sith.

Jediphile
11-04-2007, 04:59 PM
Nihilus, with Kreia second.

Anyone but Malak, who must count as the most cheesy villain ever in Star Wars. You just have to hear him laugh once to know why he lost his jaw...

Rev7
11-05-2007, 12:49 AM
*snickers*

Anyway, I agree Jediphile, Malak was a pretty cheesy charater...

TehBombKerushii
12-20-2007, 04:32 PM
Aww, It was hard to pick :( But in the end I picked Sion

Sion: I think he ish really cool, and how he keeps himself together is quite amazing
Malak: Almost picked him, almost, he was really cool aswell, many would call him a coward for shooting Revan when s/he was in the ship, I call him an 'opportunistic' (sp?xD) person.
Traya: uhg, never cared for her much -.- She was always complainin to me about somthin. {opinion!}
Nihilus: Didnt care for him either, he was out of them all, the easiest to kill, which for such a big hype, is quite a let down >.< {'pinion}

SilvanElf
01-20-2008, 08:01 PM
All of them.

Malak for being a prissy dick-head and trying to kill his master (perfect backstabber example!).

And the trio of TSL for being awesome (not too informative on my part, but whatever :P).

DarthAve
03-31-2008, 09:52 PM
Well, my vote is based on my trademarked Villian Cool Point Scale. 10 points for apperance, 20 points for evilness, and 20 points for "bad stuff they done did."

Basically I kinda had a tie between Sion and Nihilius. Both's apperance was pretty creepy. When I first played Perageus, and had Sion walking after me when I entered the engine bay, I was like "OSNAP! I'M NOT READY FOR A BOSS BATTLE!" Also, very mean looking face, he always looks kind of concentrated/constipated. Nihilius was the spookiest, because he's not really anything. He had no face, which makes him almost inhuman, which makes him seem unbeatable. Seem, is the key word. On bad things done, Sion basically cut of a hand (but then again, in star wars, who hasn't cut of their fair share of limbs?) and tortured and killed Lonna Vash, who seemed like she had it coming going to a sith planet as a jedi master...duh. While Nihilius ate whole planets because of an empty tummy. Nihilius also seems way more evil. Sion let Kreia control him and mess with his head, but a good evil guy let's no one stand in the way of the TORTURE! Nihilius basically had no reguards for life, he even choked Visas when we first met her. So yeah, reevaluating, Nihilius wins.

Rabish Bini
03-31-2008, 11:39 PM
Well, at least he had facial problems... just imagine if he'd had a mustache to twirl too [insert shudder here] :(

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6256/malakmovu0.jpg :D

My personal fav was Traya/Kreia, I like intricate, complex stories, with manipulative villians with ulterior motives, makes for a better story. :D

JCarter426
03-31-2008, 11:45 PM
Kreia is my favorite, the old hag. Sion and Nihilus tie for second, with Malak cackling in last place, where he belongs. :p

By the way, why isn't Atris on the list?

TKA-001
04-01-2008, 11:02 AM
Because Atris is just a fallen Jedi stooge.

Paddythegreat
04-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Bandon :P But i chose malak as he's the only real sith lord.

JCarter426
04-01-2008, 04:07 PM
Because Atris is just a fallen Jedi stooge.

So were Sion, Nihilus, and Malak. :p

TKA-001
04-01-2008, 04:11 PM
Yeah, but Atris never took a Sith name, joined a Sith organization, or claimed to be a Sith.

JCarter426
04-01-2008, 04:39 PM
Well, she thought she was Darth Traya, and she did claim that the Jedi and the Sith were the same, with her being the last Jedi.

Corinthian
04-01-2008, 05:36 PM
Wow. You know it must be popular when DARTH MALAK, wannabe Vader extraordinaire, gets more votes than any of the others.

TKA-001
04-01-2008, 08:47 PM
I guess the evil laugh won them over.

When did Atris say that she was Darth Traya?

JCarter426
04-01-2008, 09:11 PM
Well...she didn't exactly say it (not in the final version of the game, anyway) but it's implied:

But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal.

Kreia? Oh... that is not her name. She is gone, and is now beyond your reach, exile. Where she has gone, only I shall follow... after I have dealt with you.

Atris thought she was Kreia's new apprentice. She was of course wrong, which makes her just another fallen Jedi stooge, but she was still a Sith nonetheless.

TKA-001
04-02-2008, 08:41 AM
Atris was not a Sith. She wanted to go to Malachor to kill Kreia, not work anything out.

Ctrl Alt Del
04-02-2008, 03:59 PM
Atris thought she was Kreia's new apprentice. She was of course wrong, which makes her just another fallen Jedi stooge, but she was still a Sith nonetheless.
I thought you needed Sith training to be considered as such.

JCarter426
04-02-2008, 05:58 PM
What do you think all those Sith holocrons were for? :p

Ctrl Alt Del
04-02-2008, 07:36 PM
What do you think all those Sith holocrons were for? :p
To whisper inaudible stuff?

I don't know for how long she decorated her bedrooms with those holos, but it sure takes more times to be trained. Specially when your teacher only talks.

JCarter426
04-03-2008, 01:56 AM
Specially when your teacher only talks.

That's all that Kreia does. :p

And there have been plenty Sith who have learned the Sith ways from holocrons--Exar Kun (with a little help from Freedon Nadd's spirit later on), Revan (probably), Bane (from Revan's holocron, no less).

Corinthian
04-03-2008, 02:33 AM
Talking replaced Sith Masters actually doing jack squat after Malak died. Only the apprentices ever do anything.

GOD Radu
04-06-2008, 10:33 AM
In KOTOR there is only one Sith Lord, The True Sith, the Sith'Ari : Lord Revan.
All the others are just echoes of his greatness and power upon a crippling Republic.

I think many of you agree with me when I say that Revan is the most powerful KOTOR Sith Lord.

All the other Sith Lords wannabes mentioned in the poll exist in his shadow.

So my favorite KOTOR Sith Lord in Revan.

PS: Please, I don't want to hear s#!t about Revan not being a Sith or other funky stuff like that, cause if you do think he wasn't then you just can't understand the damn game.

TKA-001
04-06-2008, 10:38 AM
Fanboy alert.

I think many of you agree with me when I say that Revan is the most powerful KOTOR Sith Lord.

All the other Sith Lords wannabes mentioned in the poll exist in his shadow.
Funny how I don't seem to recall seeing Revan kill the entire population of planets, killing three Jedi Masters in seconds, or anything else like that. As far as I can tell, Revan's only outstanding achievement was his suggested strategic capabilities.

I guess I just don't understand the damned game.

Astor
04-06-2008, 12:19 PM
I honestly don't understand the whole 'Revan is awesome' thing...

Yes, he was a master tactician, a charismatic leader (hard, when you wear a mask all the time), and a powerful Force user, but that's all I see.

I don't see the same godlike being that makes some people scream 'Revan is da best! he PWNS u all!' (I won't be typing that again).

Please, I don't want to hear s#!t about Revan not being a Sith or other funky stuff like that,

Well, following the Sith teachings does not make one a Sith, no more than learning French makes you a Frenchman.

It's also been theorised in the games (at least I think it was) that Revan took a Darth title, and became the Dark Lord of the Sith out of necessity, that if he didn't, someone, or something worse would.

So it could be said he became the Dark Lord as a sacrifice.

GOD Radu
04-08-2008, 09:30 AM
You don’t take the title Dark Lord of The Sith out of necessity, it’s not a job appliance, there was no one else that had the necessary power, genius, determination and commitment. Revan had a goal, that’s why pulled his power play when he did.

To a Sith power is like a drug, like air, their only purpose. After taking the galaxy Revan had a great deal of power, to break away willingly from the that, is like stop eating, drinking water, breathing, cutting your internet connection. (like The Exile and the Force).

I’m not making an icon out of Revan, just showing him to you through my eyes, there are other characters in SW that I like, but in KOTOR Revan casts a pretty big shadow, my mistake if I only see the his shadow. So if you will enlighten me with your pov.

I’m no fanboy to anything but concepts, ideas and ideologies that suit my character, personality and ego. I don’t make gods from over empowered novelistic heroes.
Sorry if I’m upsetting people so may the Universe punish me… with a LightSaber.

Astor
04-08-2008, 09:37 AM
You don’t take the title Dark Lord of The Sith out of necessity, it’s not a job appliance, there was no one else that had the necessary power, genius, determination and commitment. Revan had a goal, that’s why pulled his power play when he did.

Kreia as much as said it:

Is that what he was? Or was he always true to himself?

Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity, to prevent a greater evil.

And remember, Kreia knew Revan better than anyone in the galaxy.

To a Sith power is like a drug, like air, their only purpose.

Not all the time. Darth Vectivus was Dark Lord of the Sith and never gave into power, remaining an ethical person. But that's another issue.

But, you are right, Sith Lord or not, Revan has a big shadow. :)

Inyri
04-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Don't forget that Kreia had just as much possibility of being biased as anybody else. Just because she said it doesn't mean it was true. No where in TSL did they claim Kreia was omnipotent or immune from inaccuracy or over exaggeration. :p

Astor
04-08-2008, 11:34 AM
Very true, Inyri... unfortunately she's the only character who can provide any real insight into Revan's character and mind.

Inyri
04-08-2008, 11:57 AM
You must take it with a grain of salt, though. Most people assume just because it's written it's true ("why else would they write it in?"). If I were the devs, I'd throw in things that are untrue (or at least exaggerated) because it builds character. I mean I'm not fully objective about things I feel strongly about, whether I want to be or not, and if Kreia is so drooly over Revan it would make sense that she is not fully objective either.

Kind of like how nothing is ever as bad as Vrook makes it out to be. ;)

Gurges-Ahter
04-22-2008, 06:10 PM
I realize I'm in the minority here, but I was a bit disappointed with Malak on the whole. I think he made a great apprentice but a lousy Dark Lord of the Sith.

Nihilus intrigued me more than any of them, but the story line never followed through like I hoped it would. Perhaps we'll learn more about Nihilus and how he (it) came to be if KotOR 3 is ever released.

Sion was pretty badass, I think, but less intriguing than Nihilus.

I think Darth Bandon was left off of this list, but I don't blame the original poster. I hardly remember Bandon, for some reason. It's been a while since I played K1, so that's probably why, but he's much less memorable than the other Sith Lords you face in the series.

JCarter426
04-22-2008, 06:41 PM
You must take it with a grain of salt, though. Most people assume just because it's written it's true ("why else would they write it in?"). If I were the devs, I'd throw in things that are untrue (or at least exaggerated) because it builds character. I mean I'm not fully objective about things I feel strongly about, whether I want to be or not, and if Kreia is so drooly over Revan it would make sense that she is not fully objective either.

So true. It applies to just about every other character in K2 as well.

I hardly remember Bandon, for some reason. It's been a while since I played K1, so that's probably why, but he's much less memorable than the other Sith Lords you face in the series.

:lol: I forgot about him every time I played K1. I think BioWare was going for a Maul type character there (hence the double-bladed saber and the quiet demeanor). Not the best choice, because I forgot Maul too. :p

Blix
04-22-2008, 07:40 PM
Revan, even though canonically light-side. I still consider Revan somewhat as a Sith, taking into account the whole Star Forge business, and the armies, and the political assasinations, I would say he had more finesse to be a leader Sith or Jedi. And out of all of the KOTOR (games) Sith, Revan was the one who had the potential to get whatever he wanted (Malak merely took advantage of a situation and open fired on him, basically usurping the title) and the charisma to make anything happen in his favor. Traya, Sion, and Nihilus didn't have the drive to control, they just wanted to consume and destroy everything, which tbh are good qualities for any evil character, but not the best machinations for a good villain imo.

Gurges-Ahter
04-22-2008, 08:12 PM
Revan, even though canonically light-side. I still consider Revan somewhat as a Sith, taking into account the whole Star Forge business, and the armies, and the political assasinations, I would say he had more finesse to be a leader Sith or Jedi. And out of all of the KOTOR (games) Sith, Revan was the one who had the potential to get whatever he wanted (Malak merely took advantage of a situation and open fired on him, basically usurping the title) and the charisma to make anything happen in his favor. Traya, Sion, and Nihilus didn't have the drive to control, they just wanted to consume and destroy everything, which tbh are good qualities for any evil character, but not the best machinations for a good villain imo.

I agree with this, for the most part. I would also put Revan at the top, but I took the question to mean my favorite Sith Lord that I fought against, and I don't count the hallucination of Revan as really fighting him.

I do disagree with one statement though - I believe Kreia/Traya did have the drive to control, and did so effectively through most of K2. She effectively manipulated the Exile to either make her destroy, or help her destroy, 3 Sith Lords (if you count Atris/Traya) and 3 Master Jedi. I'd definitely still choose Revan over Traya, however.

Blix
04-23-2008, 02:06 AM
I agree with this, for the most part. I would also put Revan at the top, but I took the question to mean my favorite Sith Lord that I fought against, and I don't count the hallucination of Revan as really fighting him.

I do disagree with one statement though - I believe Kreia/Traya did have the drive to control, and did so effectively through most of K2. She effectively manipulated the Exile to either make her destroy, or help her destroy, 3 Sith Lords (if you count Atris/Traya) and 3 Master Jedi. I'd definitely still choose Revan over Traya, however.

Oh I definitely agree about Kreia/Traya, manipulation and betrayal was her forte after all :) She just didn't have the desire to do what Revan would have wanted to do, she wanted to bring about the end of the force iirc. I think she stated in a conversation with the Exile that if Revan had asked her to go with him to the Unknown Regions, that she may have gone, but that could merely be seen as a former master supporting a cause of the former apprentice (i.e. Kreia would be the follower).