PDA

View Full Version : The BIG DANCE- Full Galaxy Game

Lew
01-31-2006, 07:46 PM
Hi all,

There are a few mods out there (maybe more ;) ) that let you play using the ENTIRE galaxy.

I tried this with Bryants/Grey's mod, and was kinda dissappointed with the gameplay. The initial few minutes are a quick land grab in every direction (since the galaxy feels REALLY close together- you can go from point A to almost any point B in a matter of seconds), then the ai goes nuts all over the place.

What did you all think about the BIG DANCE?

A request for modders, I would love to see a mod that creates a galaxy that is somewhat linear, with a strip of planets 1-3 "wide", with the empire at one end and the rebs at the other. That way there's a front to the war. As it is now, it just feels frantic.

Iamme
01-31-2006, 08:52 PM
you can do this yourself by editing the capaigns_singleplayer.xml file and editing the planets included in the galaxy map under the demo campaign entry.

Hurby
02-01-2006, 03:14 AM
Hmm, Imperials are overpowered against Rebels, it's better that Empire has Coruscant and Rebels can strike from any direction. If there was a "frontline", Empire would have won almost every battle, because Rebels cannot use their stealth abilities.

QWAD
02-01-2006, 11:32 AM
2 words. Empire Mod. A small scale mod That gives you a good feal of game play. It has some bugs but overall quite good and you can retreat in space battles!!!

Grey_Ghost
02-01-2006, 02:00 PM
I've added a smaller universe in my newest version.

Lew
02-01-2006, 05:41 PM
No no, my complaint is not with Grey Ghost and Bryant's, or any of the other mods out there... they are GREAT! :) :) :)

My concern is the speed and frantic non-campaign feel to the strategic game. You run all over helter-skelter, and there is no real front to the war (since you can move anywhere inside enemy lines with relative ease).