PDA

View Full Version : Can someone enlighten me as to the use of the tractor beam?

Jabbas WhOr3
02-07-2006, 06:27 PM
What do people use it for?
Or... what is it good for?

popcorn2008
02-07-2006, 06:58 PM
If you use the tractor beam on smaller frigate type ships, then it slows there movement down. It is useful against anti fighter ships such as corellian corvettes. I gives other ships a better target instead of a fast moving one.

enterman
02-08-2006, 12:43 AM
If you use the tractor beam on smaller frigate type ships, then it slows there movement down. It is useful against anti fighter ships such as corellian corvettes. I gives other ships a better target instead of a fast moving one.
watch how fast those corvettes stop if u get 2 tractor beams on them.

Jabbas WhOr3
02-08-2006, 01:22 AM

Ahhh cool I thought it was for picking up KFC when parked too far away from the drive-thru window. :vsd:

Thrawn
02-08-2006, 11:31 AM
In the books, Thrawn's Star Destroyer was taking a beating, a section of his shields went out. So the good admiral blew off all the turbolaser batteries of a frigate and used the tractor beam to pull the ship into the hole without the shield. Instant shield recharge:D

Nakatomi2010
02-08-2006, 11:49 AM
In the books, Thrawn's Star Destroyer was taking a beating, a section of his shields went out. So the good admiral blew off all the turbolaser batteries of a frigate and used the tractor beam to pull the ship into the hole without the shield. Instant shield recharge:D

I'm thinking I need to pick up those books and read them again now that I'm older and more capable of taking in everything that happens in them... I last read those when I was in like grade 4 or 5...