PDA

View Full Version : modifying build times?

mediumt
02-07-2006, 09:22 PM
Anyone know how to do this?

I tried changing the <Build_Time_Seconds> </Build_Time_Seconds> in the spaceunitscapital.xml to 1 second, but they still take the same amount of time to build as before. I figure there must be something overriding the xml file, since all the vessels in the demo seem to take the same amount of time to build, but i am not sure where it may be...

Thanks in advance for your help! ;D

EAWFAN
02-07-2006, 09:54 PM
i know i have tried the same thing doesnt change probly hard coded

Slocket
02-08-2006, 01:06 AM
Are you using BG Mod I assume? There may be a universal global in another file or the config.meg that controls it. That makes debugging and balancing the game quicker that way in development.

Ali1392
02-08-2006, 03:34 PM
just do what your doing just dont make it stupid or it does not accept it also are u sure that the ship was not built you might of missed it as it only takes a second

Nakatomi2010
02-08-2006, 03:47 PM
just do what your doing just dont make it stupid or it does not accept it also are u sure that the ship was not built you might of missed it as it only takes a second

Hehehehe

"Damnit, why isn't this working?" *Click, click, click, click* "Hey, since when do I have 18 VSDs??"

mediumt
02-08-2006, 04:01 PM

hehe i wish, i watched the construction and it took more than 1 second :(

oh btw i am using B&G 2.6 mod. i also took a look at the xml files in the config.meg archive, i couldnt find anything that looked like a global build timer. i will have to take another look (or two) to be sure, though.

Iamme
02-08-2006, 09:21 PM
pretty sure build times are disabled for the demo (hardcoded), though I may be wrong.

Slocket
02-08-2006, 09:53 PM
I never could find anything to change the build time. All things in the game are set at 20 seconds. Hardcode I guess.

EAWFAN
02-08-2006, 11:56 PM
<!-- This entry can be used to artificially make build times faster in tactical mode when debugging. -->
<Tactical_Build_Time_Multiplier> 1.0 </Tactical_Build_Time_Multiplier>

heres somthing;)

augrunt
02-09-2006, 02:29 AM
... put that to 0.5 or .5 to make it half the speed

im sure it works.

Slocket
02-09-2006, 03:59 AM
I seen that too. But it is for MP. They define 0 as normal time, 1.0 as 100% increase. I guess I never tried since it said MP. I will tell you in a few minutes if it changes any thing. I just doubt since a cpital ship was 90 seconds to build while a simple IPV was set for 18 seconds to build. I measured all units space land and structures all take exactly 20 seconds. This must be a universal override.

Plus I found an entry for hyperspace speed travel, to slow down the galactic movement of fleets. I want the game a bit more slower paced with longer drawn out epic battles.

As it is, it a one big **** fest.

UPDATE:

That has no effect on build time. Maybe changing the value in difficulty.xml may make a difference. On easy you are supposed get a faster build time.
I also thought building multiple building could make a faster build time as stated, but in this BG Mod you can only build one of a building on a given planet, you must re-enable multi-building such as mines (-1) -->2 to get more. Something like that.

Else, it is locked up real good in the DLL or EXE.

augrunt
02-09-2006, 10:27 AM
nah... it cant be in the exe... believe me mate.
ive looked everywhere in that thing...

Slocket
02-09-2006, 11:46 PM
DLL?