PDA

View Full Version : MC: AotE: Old Friends and New Jobs

Pages : [1] 2

Writer
02-08-2006, 04:10 PM
Mercenary Crew: Age of the Empire Part II: An Old Friend and a New Job

Recent events have placed the crew of the Echo on the way to Alderaan with a cargo of swoop bikes, a new Jedi crewmember, and a hitch-hiker known to some as SithHunter, to others as Tarla, and to still others as Riebe. Jana and Beryl took classes from this mysterious woman at the TCTA, but neither of them truly got to know her. As Riebe, this woman was Jana's babysitter. As SithHunter, she has made herself known to the Echo's crew as a challenging fighter with a frighteningly dangerous yet surprisingly small starfighter.

The Echo is getting ready to pull out of hyperspace. At that time, Riebe has promised to detach and get her fighter's hyperspace ring (a tribute to the fact that this fighter is old) and part ways. What none of them know is that an Imperial fleet awaits them at Alderaan, intent on destroying the Jedi...

Jana Vincent paced her room impatiently. The mysterious 'SithHunter' had completely captured her interest. Galaxy Killer, who had so recently threatened her life, had lost all importance. Jana returned to the computer console in her room and looked up 'SithHunter'. Riebe's face appeared and she shook her head.

"Don't go snooping into my past," she warned. "If I want you to know, I'll tell you."

"It is you!" Jana exclaimed. Suddenly, she was confused. "But you don't look any different..."

"So many years later?" Riebe finished. She smiled. "I've had a very long life and have changed very little in that time. Lived so long to remain nineteen!"

She seemed amused by this, but her expression turned quickly serious. "Don't look further into my past, Jana. You'll only find corrupted and deleted files."

"And more of you presumed dead," Jana snorted. Riebe nodded.

"That too," she agreed. "You're coming out of hyperspace soon... I'll be gone not long after that."

Jana sighed and agreed and Riebe's face vanished. Jana stood slowly and headed off to the bridge to see how much longer before they came out of hyperspace.

starmark2k
02-08-2006, 05:17 PM
Nic was in the bridge looking out the front of the ship, It had been nearly 20 hours since he had invited the Jedi to join the crew. He thought the jedi would proberly be out of the infirmary by now, after all jedi and twi'leks heal quicker than most.

Nic noticed Jana's reflextion in the glass as she walked up to the bridge. "so can you tell me why we have someone using our ship to go through hyperspace and i'm not getting paid for it?" Nic asked still looking out of the front.

Writer
02-08-2006, 05:58 PM
"She's offered to pay," Jana answered, smiling. "But she insists on a reduced price since she's not using anything but our hyperdrive."

She sighed and her smile faded. "Nic, I don't know what to make of her... when I was five, I remember her being my caretaker. When I went to the TCTA, she was an instructor and she didn't look any older... she changed her appearance, but now, I recognize the resemblance. It was her both times, both places."

Jana stared out past Nic into hyperspace. "How much are you gonna mind if I meet with her when we get to Alderaan?"

starmark2k
02-08-2006, 06:06 PM
"It should be fine, I'll take the jedi with me when i go meet our contact... Let's see if she can be useful." Nic said turning and smiling at her "So she hasn't aged in 29 years, ha. Sounds like she has 'frequant flyer miles' with the core worlds cosmetic surgeons." he laughed.

stingerhs
02-08-2006, 06:59 PM
Ryshana was more than just awake. In the infirmary, Ryshana was busy making sure everything was ok with the wounds from the explosion. However, Ryshana was a bit preoccupied in her mind. Why should Nic offer to shelter her aboard the Echo? To her, it didn't make much sense. As a Jedi, she had saved countless lives before. Heck, she had earned a reputation among the Commando's she served with as somebody they could count on in a crisis. She smiled as she remembered that she even saved Jeez's life on several occassions; although he had held that he had saved hers so many countless times.

Ryshana took a look in the mirror at the reflection she saw. Perhaps now is the time to finally stop and settle into something. Even if it is a group that never settles, Ryshana thought to herself. Heading out of the infirmary, Ryshana headed for the cockpit to finally introduce herself, and not an alias, for the first time.

JasraLantill
02-08-2006, 07:16 PM
“OW!” The carbon polarizer clunked noisily on the metal deck of the hanger bay as Beryl hurriedly waved her hand in the air to cool the burn. She kicked the offending tool in anger, sending it careening across the floor.

“Stupid Imp’s!” she grumbled, examining the burn on her hand.

She had been trying to repair the damage to the Headhunter as best as she could, given the lack of spare parts and the second-hand tools. Cloud was busy with the engines, much more important than repairing a targeting system that she hardly used, so the work was slow going and tedious. And having burned her left hand with the plasma welder and now her right hand with the carbon polarizer, it was also becoming quite painful.

She hadn’t yet told Nic or Jana about the Headhunter being damaged. With the excitement of the battle, the injured T’wilek who had turned out to be a renegade Jedi, and the arrival of the hitchhiking SithHunter, Beryl really hadn’t had the chance to inform them that the Headhunter needed a new targeting computer. And knowing full well what the cost of such an item was, Beryl wasn’t really in a hurry to tell them either.

Disgusted with herself for being so clumsy, yet needing something for the burns, she headed for the med bay. Her attention focused on her injuries, she nearly ran head on into Ryshana as she was coming out.

Beryl eyed her warily. “Hardly expected you to be up and about yet,” she said to the T’wilek. “But glad to see you’re feeling better. And if you’re looking for Nic, he and Jana are on the bridge.”

And I’d be most obliged if you would go there now to keep them occupied while I treat my burns in secret, she thought to herself.

stingerhs
02-08-2006, 07:48 PM
"Can't stay down forever," Ryshana replied as she headed for the cockpit.

JasraLantill
02-08-2006, 08:23 PM
As she watched Ryshana head off to the cockpit, Beryl raised an eyebrow at her comment.

Hmm...quick to heal, combat experience, purposeful walk, determination...all good. I like. Hope she hangs around for a while. It would be nice to have someone else get 'the look' from Jana for a change.

Grinning, Beryl went into the med bay to see if Oliver was there to treat her burns.

((And if he's not, she'll treat them herself. ;) ))

stingerhs
02-09-2006, 06:20 PM
Ryshana arrived at the cockpit and went inside. "So, what exactly are we doing now?"

((come on guys. this isn't getting boring already, is it??))

starmark2k
02-09-2006, 06:28 PM
((I was waiting for wild or you to post... But i am curious where 3 of the players are.))

"We're on course for Alderaan." Nic said looking behind Jana "And i was wondering, Why didn't you change your first name, It was incredibly easy to find you on the database."

Nic then pressed a button on a console bringing up the bounty sheet on Ryshana, "There are only two twi'lek Jedi unacounted for, and only one called Ryshana." He smiled.

stingerhs
02-09-2006, 06:39 PM
Ryshana smiled. "Well, you can't lose your entire identity. Besides, until now, nobody has really bothered to notice. The only reason why the Empire was chasing me recently was due to the last cover I was under.

Curiously enough, I was running as a legitimate cargo transport chief, but my Captain decided to get into some smuggling on the side. That is, until he was caught. I escaped, but not until I had revealed myself as a Jedi to the wrong person. Since then, I've been trying to find a place where I can get under the radar again."

starmark2k
02-09-2006, 06:43 PM
"Hey, Flying under the Radar, It's what we do best." Nic said smiling at Jana. "So Jana we have a jedi on our crew now, Perhaps she can help with your problem."

ExtreamJedi12
02-09-2006, 09:41 PM
Cloud heard what Nic said and got out of the engine room. "Well," started Cloud. "We should be safe for about 100 more jumps."

Writer
02-09-2006, 09:44 PM
"You're the only one having a problem with her," Jana told Nic. Then, realizing that may not have sounded very positive to Ryshana, she blushed and turned to face their new Jedi crew member. "Not referring to you... don't worry."

She paused thoughtfully and then asked, "Have you ever heard of Riebe Sothe?"

((stinger, see discussion thread before posting :) ))

stingerhs
02-09-2006, 10:47 PM
Ryshana quickly turned a bit cold at the mention of the name. "You mean one of the traitors? Yes, I've heard of her. From what I've heard, she turned her back on the Jedi in cowardice; she feared her death at the hands of the Emperor and turned to the Dark Side," Ryshana replied uneasily. Although she hadn't heard the whole truth of what happened to her, Ryshana had heard quite a bit.

Still, she had approached that bit of information with caution as she knew that she hadn't heard the whole truth. However, Ryshana had long ago decided that there were some things in the Galaxy that she just didn't need to know.

"She's no better than Darth Vader. Although I doubt her treachery goes as deep as his."

Writer
02-09-2006, 10:54 PM
"Oh," Jana said thoughtfully. "I didn't realize she betrayed the Jedi... did she kill any?"

((Rumors said she killed Caitlin and Erica, but there has not yet been concrete evidence of this.))

stingerhs
02-10-2006, 12:50 AM
"As far as I'm personally aware of, no she hasn't. I have to admit that I've been told she killed her apprentice. The name was Caitlin if I remember correctly. That and I was told later that she killed Caitlin's apprentice as well. If you ask me, though, rumors are just rumors. There's no evidence to support that."

Writer
02-10-2006, 01:51 AM
"Well..." Jana said hesitantly. "She's sorta hitching a ride with us right now... did you ever see her fighter? She says it's old. I guess she's right, since she says it needs a hyperspace ring or another ship to travel as fast as we are now. She hitched a ride from Alderaan to the station and needed a ride back."

Jana sighed. "So, did you ever... see her? Do you remember what she looked like?"

((Long dark brown hair, always braided with the braid hanging halfway down her back. Gray-blue eyes. She's short... 5' 2"... looks 19, but nobody knows how old she really is.))

XoRRoX
02-10-2006, 04:13 AM
Oliver is in medbay, where he id doing som experiments with some new medical equipment. Sometimes he is doing it on himself, but not this time.

Afther the "jedi" (Oliver didn't call the jedis) came aboard, he haven't been seen in the common room. He has doing something importent in his room, and on the door, there is a new plate hanged up: "Must not be disturbed!"

(I would like one, to see Olivers room later. And sorry i havent' been active - i was sick in a couple of days.)

JasraLantill
02-10-2006, 07:05 AM
“Hey, Oliver,” Beryl said to the medic as she strolled into the med bay. “Do you have something for burns?” She held up her hands. The side of her index finger on her left hand and the palm of her right hand were bright red. “Just so it doesn’t blister or anything, you know? I was….”

She paused, unsure whether or not it was wise to tell him that she has been repairing the Headhunter. After all, he might inadvertently mention it to Nic or Jana. And they had enough to think about now, right? No need to bother them with the fact that the tracking system in the Headhunter was shot. Right? Besides, when they reached Alderaan, she'd just replace the damaged tracking computer with a new one. No one would be the wiser, right? After all, she had a reputation to uphold--and getting 'nicked' by an Imp on the way in to land when she had had plenty of opportunity to take more of them out was just plain embarrassing.

“Erm…I was doing some…erm…routine maintenance and sort of had a minor disagreement with a temperamental carbon polariser," she continued. "Oh, and a plasma welder. And…well, nevermind. Can you just see what you can do? It doesn’t hurt much, but it is kind of irritating. And I need to get back to what I was doing.”

starmark2k
02-10-2006, 08:43 AM
Nic remained in the room while Jana and Ryshana discussed their Hyperspace leech, This seemed strange to him, Jedi didn't tend to become babysitters or teachers at military academies. His second thoughts was 'you don't meet a jedi in nine years then 2 come along at once'. he let out a small laugh as this thought ammused him.

Nic desided to let the ladies have their conversation and left the bridge, he walked into the common room and poured himself a glass of water.

stingerhs
02-10-2006, 10:45 AM
Ryshana paused for a moment to concentrate. Sure enough, that forboding presence she had been feeling was still there. It was a presence that she hadn't accounted for, and it had been puzzling her since she woke up in the medbay. "Ahh, that explains the other presence I've been feeling. Hmm, its a bit strange...

As for what she looks like, well, I only saw her once, and that was back whenever I was still a young padawan. If I remember correctly, she was a bit short with long dark hair; braided, I think. I don't remember much else.

Anyways, I would recommend that you don't tell her about me. If she still serves the Empire, we could be in for a lot of trouble."

XoRRoX
02-10-2006, 10:45 AM
"Well...i have something that should help". He took a blue bottle out of his disk. Neither inscription nor name.
"I did get something from our last trip to...i don't remember the planet. But - i should work, if that lazy tradesmen is right". He sprayed some blube "water" on the burns.
"We must hope, that it works then. I would not be...". Suddenly Oliver stumbled, and falled directly on the floor. His head landed on a strange box, and some bottles came out. On them there isen't stand anything - but the bottles look like juma juice bottles - but normally there stands a inscription on a juma juice bottle.

steven
02-10-2006, 12:03 PM
As the captain entered the common room, the piolt Jack was sitting at the table, driniking from a bottle of beer. Jack turned his head to see who entered the room but apart from that he didnt pay any ittention to him.

How the hell could we of done that badly?

JasraLantill
02-10-2006, 12:48 PM
Beryl arched a single eyebrow at the plethora of bottles that had spilled out of the box and onto the floor as she helped Oliver to his feet. “Erm…not to be nosy, Impe, but… those don’t look like the average Juma Juice. I mean, companies like to label their products, and these don't have any labels at all.”

The blue liquid he had sprayed on her hands was making the burns feel better, so Beryl bent down and picked up one of the bottles to examine it. She eyed both the bottle and Oliver dubiously, cracked open the bottle just enough to sniff the contents, and then blinked as her eyes began to water. “Whoa!" she said, choking slightly. "What is this stuff?"

starmark2k
02-10-2006, 01:46 PM
"I've already contacted the Alderaan police force, they'll pick him up when we arrive." Nic stopped and took a drink. "They offered to still pay but i told them not to bother, spend it on Wades funeral ."

Writer
02-10-2006, 01:47 PM
Jana hadn't considered that. She nodded. "We won't mention you, but if you sensed her, she may have sensed you."

XoRRoX
02-10-2006, 03:31 PM
Oliver looked choked around the room, and took his hands to his head. He gaped at the bottle and suddenlt began to whisper: "Don't tell this to the others, okay?" He took a deep breath and continued.

"This...you remember our trip to the sand planet,Tatooine, i think? We meet those jawas, who showed me these bottles. They said it was a strong drink, taht of course was legal. I bought it, in my naivety, and began to drink it on our latest trip. I think that's why, i have been so sick." He took a deep breath again, and began to talk.

"I.. have read in news...that... the jawas "alcohol products" has been non-legal. So if the police if gonna se me with this, then i'm...". He looked up again, and he looked rather chocked

stingerhs
02-10-2006, 05:12 PM
"True, and its likely she's suspicious. But, if we have to worry about her, then we'll do that when the time comes," Ryshana said. "For now, I think all of us could use a bit of rest before we arrive at Alderaan. I know we're close, but every little bit counts for something."

JasraLantill
02-10-2006, 10:58 PM
“Jawa brew?” Beryl gingerly recapped the bottle, still recoiling from the fumes. “Well, this certainly brings a whole new meaning to ‘medicinal alcohol,’” she added under her breath.

She eyed Oliver over. He looked a bit bedraggled. “Look, calm down,” she said gently. “You can trust me. I won’t say anything. But, erm… it might be a good idea if you didn’t drink anymore of this stuff, yeah?” she added, as she put the bottle carefully back in the box.

“And if you’re worried about it being contraband, the med bay probably isn’t the best place to keep it. If you like, I’ve got space under my bed in my room to stash it for the time being. And once we get to Alderaan, I can look up some of my contacts. They might know someone who’d be interested in buying it. Under the table, of course. You probably won’t get what you paid for it, but at least you could recoup some of your money. If you’re interested let me know, okay?”

She turned to leave. “The door to my room is open. Just shove the box under the bed if you want to. I’ve got to get back to work now.” She flexed her hands, then grinned. Her burned and reddened skin was healing very quickly. “Don’t know what that stuff is, but it works! Thanks, Oliver!”

She started to head back down to the Headhunter to finish her repairs. Poor, Oliver, she thought. He was a truly law-abiding guy. She didn’t really have that much experience with contraband goods either, but she had done her fair share of blockade running. If anyone ever did discover the ‘illegal’ Jawa brew, well, she wouldn’t mind taking the blame for it. Oliver was a good person, but she suspected that he probably wasn’t a good liar if he ever got caught.

At the entrance to engineering, she paused. She thought about asking Cloud to help her with her repairs, then shook her head. Besides the fact she was a bit embarrassed about allowing her ship to get shot, she also didn’t want to take the chance that Cloud might inadvertently mention her costly ‘boo boo’ to Nic or Jana in passing. She shrugged, and then headed back down to the hanger.

She expected that Nic would be shutting down soon for sleep time, but she wouldn’t be able to sleep until she finished her repairs.

XoRRoX
02-11-2006, 04:30 AM
“You can trust me. I won’t say anything. But, erm… it might be a good idea if you didn’t drink anymore of this stuff, yeah?” she added, as she put the bottle carefully back in the box

He nod quickly, while taking small breaths.

“And if you’re worried about it being contraband, the med bay probably isn’t the best place to keep it"

"There is actually more in my room. I was actually going to carry this box over, when you came"

“The door to my room is open. Just shove the box under the bed if you want to. I’ve got to get back to work now"

I can carry it 'till tour room later, i must also get to work now.

Oliver stood rather choked in medbay, and tried to think over, why she wanted to help him. "It isen't normal to help eaho other. Not were I came from" he whispered and began to work.

JasraLantill
02-11-2006, 10:46 AM
Beryl stood back from the Headhunter and looked at her repair job. She sighed. Maybe passable to someone who wasn’t looking for it, but the exterior patch stood out like a sore thumb in her eyes.

“Well, at least it hides the fact that the tracking computer is fried,” she said outloud to herself. “Sort of.” She tossed the hydrospanner in the toolbox, and then closed it up. She’d better get these tools back to Cloud. Sure, it was the spare tool box, but she didn’t want him pulling his hair out looking for it. Pity, though, that the kick she had given the carbon polariser had damaged its stream calibration control. More of a pity that she didn’t have enough credits to buy Cloud a replacement.

As she crossed the catwalk, she paused, and then slowly cast her eyes downwards to their cargo.

Hmm…swoop bikes. As she recalled, there were quite a few good tracks on Alderaan. She might be able to convince Nic to let her ‘test drive’ one of them before the receiver took control of the shipment. Just for a few hours, so she might be able to race for the credits she needed to repair the Headhunter. Plus, with any luck she’d have some extra left over to get Cloud some new tools. And perhaps even some to wager with later on.

She continued on to engineering. Cloud wasn’t in plain sight, so she quietly opened the side storage area, and put the box back where it belonged.

starmark2k
02-11-2006, 12:28 PM
Nic finished his drink and turned back to Jack. "We come out of hyperspace in a couple of hours. Jana and Ryshana are in the cockpit at the moment so you may want to leave it a bit... or chuck them out"

Nic then turned and walked out to the corridor, he saw Beryl leaving the Engineering, he grinned slightly, Nic knew that Beryl was trying to fix the Targeting computer. He checked the sensor logs after the fight and noticed the headhunter got hit he also noticed that Beryl hadn't left the Hanger since then so even he could work it out.

"hey, Beryl hows the Headhunter?"

JasraLantill
02-11-2006, 03:03 PM
"Hey, Beryl hows the Headhunter?"

At the sound of Nic's voice, Beryl froze in her tracks. She had thought he was still on the bridge, occupied by Jana and the Jedi, and it surprised her to see him standing in the corridor. Looking at her. Staring through her.

"Erm...fine?" The words caught in her throat. She didn't like lying to Nic. But she'd figured he had enough on his mind at the moment without having her having to add her two credits to the pot.

"Fine. Erm...just fine," she continued, as she proceeded slowly towards him and the door to her room. "Nothing to worry about. Really. Actually," her voice trailed off. The smug look on his face told her that he suspected there had to be a reason why she had been spending so much time in the hanger. She suddenly remembered the burns, although healing quickly, might still visible on her hands, and as nonchalantly as she could, she tucked them behind her back.

"Actually, erm... I was just using the time to do some diagnostics... and... things. You know... erm, just routine checks. To... see... if everything's fine. Which it is. Fine, I mean." Reaching her door, she gave him a weak smile. "Just fine." She pushed the button to open her door. "Erm...I'm just going to get some rest now." She faked a yawn. "Make the most of the downtime and all that."

She backed into her room and quickly shut the door.

Now safe inside, she let out a deep breath. "Ugh! I am such a nerfherder! That was definitely not one of my better performances," she chastised herself.

She sat down on hard on her bed. She wondered if Nic knew what had been going on. Probably, she thought. Hard to pull something off on his ship without him knowing about it. And, now he'd be wondering why she had just lied about it. She sighed.

I'll have to tell him eventually, she thought. But not now. Later. Yeah, later. Like, after I replace the targeting computer and it's working again. Or, if he asks again. Or, if I can't find the right parts. Or,... Ugh! I really do need sleep!

As she bent down to take off her boots, she suddenly frowned curiously. Under her bed, there were several cases of Oliver's illegal Jawa Brew, not just the couple she had imagined there would be. She closed her eyes and sighed. Yup, she needed her sleep alright. She was going to have plenty to do when they got to Alderaan.

stingerhs
02-11-2006, 04:54 PM
Ryshana got up to leave the cockpit. "Well, I'll be in my room if you need anything. Besides something still just doesn't feel right..."

As she left the cockpit, Ryshana noticed the exchange between Nic and Beryl. Ryshana tried to hold a grin back as she sensed the lie from Beryl. As Beryl ducked into her room, Ryshana looked over at Nic. "So, what's wrong with the Headhunter?"

starmark2k
02-11-2006, 04:58 PM
As Jana's door shut Nic laughed, He enjoyed making his crew feel the Wrath of a captain, 'damage happens' he thought. No one is such a good pilot that they can avoid it.

As Ryshana approached Nic he turned to face her "So, what's wrong with the Headhunter?" She asked.

"The nose took a hit, it needs to be replaced, I'll pick one up after we land and put her out of her misery... but until then i'll have my fun, Captains prerogative." He said with a cheesy grin.

Writer
02-11-2006, 05:57 PM
Jana came up behind Nic and Ryshana and slapped the back of Nic's head. "You toying with our crew?" she demanded, a wide smile on her face. She turned to Ryshana. "Being on our crew now, you'll have to get used to his 'fun'... I'm sure it won't be long before you end up being the source of his amusement."

starmark2k
02-11-2006, 05:59 PM
Nic looked at Jana rubbing the back of his head "firstly... oww. secondly I'm not that bad, although it will be quite the challange to have some fun with a Jedi." He laughed "so whats our E.T.A."

Writer
02-11-2006, 06:05 PM
"Any minute now, I think," Jana answered. She went to check with Jack.

"Cap'n wants to know ETA," she told him.

starmark2k
02-11-2006, 06:13 PM
As Jana left Nic looked back at Ryshana. "Come on we need to talk." Nic said seriously nodding his head towards the Ladder down to the cargo hold. He proceeded to go down it and waited for the jedi at the bottom.

steven
02-11-2006, 06:28 PM
"Ten or fithteen minutes," Jack replied, he was taking a quick nap in his piolt chair. He didnt even open his eyes to speak to her "Sometime between them."

Writer
02-11-2006, 06:33 PM
Jana thanked him and told Nic. Then she headed to her room to rest as much as she could before they got to Alderaan.

ExtreamJedi12
02-11-2006, 07:40 PM
Cloud walked in the hallway. He continued to wander until he found Nic. "I have 2 questions for you, Nic." Cloud started. "1: What starport are we going to land at? 2: Anything else wrong with the ship?"

stingerhs
02-12-2006, 12:51 AM
Following Nic, Ryshana headed down the ladder. Ryshana started to say something, but she sensed Cloud coming over and realized that he was probably looking for Nic. Whenever Cloud arrived, Ryshana finally managed to get a good look at Cloud for the first time.

Not bad. A bit short, and that is some wierd hair... she thought to herself.

starmark2k
02-12-2006, 04:29 AM
"We'll be landing at the Capital and I pay you to look for things that are wrong." Nic answered purposefully cutting it short as he needed to talk to Ryshana in private. "I think Beryl has a problem with the headhunter, you may need to see her."

ExtreamJedi12
02-12-2006, 08:11 AM
"Alright." Cloud said before leaving. He looked around the ship until he found Beryl. "Nic said you might need help wih the Headhunter."

starmark2k
02-12-2006, 08:31 AM
As cloud left Nic turned back to Ryshana. "O.K now you're on my crew we need to go throug a flew rules, Firstly we need to get you a better Alias and you need to keep all your jedi abilities to a minimum, i don't want you reading my crews minds . Secondly It's my ship and what i say goes, when i'm not here Janas in charge and when she's not here Jack is. I'll get Jana to stick you on the domestic roster, You're going to earn your keep, we don't give free rides here... In exchange we will keep you hidden from the Imps and i'll give you a cut from our jobs if you help us on them."

JasraLantill
02-12-2006, 01:06 PM
"Nic said you might need help with the Headhunter."

Beryl sat up in her bed and stared blankly for a moment at Cloud, who was standing impatiently by the open door to her room.

“Didn’t your mother ever teach you to knock?” she said grumpily. Still half-asleep, she threw off the covers, and sighed as she sat up. Wearing only her tank top and underwear (as she had been sleeping), she grabbed her trousers from the hook by the bed and began to put them on.

“What?” she said, pausing to look up at Cloud as she did the final button and began to secure her belt. “Never seen a woman get dressed before?” She snorted, as she picked up one of her boots. “I find that hard to believe.”

Even though Cloud was quite a bit younger than she was, he was still a good looking guy. In her opinion, not one who would ever find it difficult to attract a person of the opposite sex if he wanted to. She imagined that he might be one of those ‘girl in every starport’ kind of guys, though she had never really pursued the issue with him. His private affairs were just that. Private. And she had no real wish to pry.

As she went to grab the other boot, she paused again. “Wait a minute…. Did you say ‘Nic’ said I need help with the Headhunter?” She closed her eyes and groaned. So Nic knew. Great. No doubt she’d have some explaining to do later, too.

Second boot on, she stretched her arms over her head, then quickly ran her fingers through her short blonde hair to get rid of the ‘just-fell-out-of-bed’ look.

“Ok, here’s the deal,” she said, approaching Cloud. “The tracking computer is fried. And I mean fried. The components are all fused together in one big, solid lump. There is absolutely no way of repairing it. I need a new one. Not that I use the darn thing much, but it’s helpful sometimes in seeing what’s coming up from behind, you know?

“Anyway, I managed to reroute the circuits around it and back to the main. So, as far as the main computer is concerned, tracking is just offline. But there’s also another small problem. The hole in the nose cone. I’ve patched it as best as I could, and to anyone else it probably looks ok, but to me it looks like....” She shook her head. “Sorry. I need coffee before I can swear properly. Let’s just say it looks ‘bad.’ Very bad. Probably good enough to hold up in deep space, but I doubt it would hold up with any G’s pulling on it. And if it becomes exposed, no telling what sort of debris would get in there and chew up the rest of the circuits.

“So, if you think you can help me with that, then great. But I need coffee first.” She moved past him and headed towards the common room.

stingerhs
02-12-2006, 10:45 PM
"Don't worry about me Captain; I can pull my weight around here. I won't get in the way, and you won't have to worry about me in a pinch," Ryshana replied. "Besides, you'll find a Jedi is useful in more ways than one."

starmark2k
02-13-2006, 01:53 PM
"Good to hear." Nic said with a smile. "Come on let's go see Jana, i'm sure we'll be at alderaan soon."

Nic began to walk up the ladder.

stingerhs
02-13-2006, 03:21 PM
Well, this should be interesting. I'm not really interested in the money like Jeez would've been, but I think this crew should be pretty good, Ryshana thought to herself. Turning around, Ryshana headed up the ladder behind Nic.

steven
02-13-2006, 04:43 PM
Jack heard beeping from the computer consel, he leaned foward and started working. The echo pulled outside of hyperspace right infront of Aldrenaan, the engines fired up and the ship speeded toward the planet below.

Inside the ship, Jack shouted out,for the slow "We've arrived at Aldrenaan!"

starmark2k
02-13-2006, 04:52 PM
Nic felt the ship drop out of hyperspace as he got off the ladder. This was probably due to the fact that Cloud had to replace the grav dampaners, he asked for them but Nic just kept saying 'tell me when it's broke." He heard Steven shout and then the Alarm went off.

Nic ran straight to the Bridge and looked the sensors "Oh <twi'lek Curse>,we've got a fleet of Imps just out of there sensor range." Nic said confidant that Clouds modifications made their sensors vastly superior.

((o.k Steven i know Wild has something planned, so don't land or cause the ship get into trouble with the imps unless Wild says otherwise.))

JasraLantill
02-13-2006, 05:07 PM
"We've arrived at Alderaan!" Jack’s voice came over the comm.

“Finally,” Beryl said out loud. Having drunk her coffee, and with her head now beginning to clear, Beryl left the common room and headed down the corridor to Engineering section. True, she knew the principals of repairing engines and electronics, but Cloud knew the techniques. She hoped that he would still want to help her repair the Headhunter’s nose cone after being so abrupt with him earlier.

He was struggling to keep the faulty grav dampners on line.

"Need some help?" she offered, and stepped in to lend him a hand. After a moment of frantic adjustments from both of them, she said, "You know, I’m sorry that I snapped at you earlier. I was cranky because I haven’t had much sleep. I really could use your help in repairing the Headhunter. And scrounging up some replacement parts in port. You’ve got some contacts here in Alderaan, right?”

Writer
02-13-2006, 06:11 PM
Jana went up to the cockpit and looked out at the planet. Then, she frowned. Just as she opened her mouth to speak, one of the screens started displaying a list of ships, all in orbit between them and the planet. Jana glanced over the screen and paled.

"Imperials," she breathed. She turned and yelled, "Nic!"

starmark2k
02-13-2006, 06:15 PM
Nic looked at Jana "I know." Nic said already aware of the situation. "I think we need a change of plans? We don't stand a chance of geeting through all those ships unnoticed."

Writer
02-13-2006, 06:26 PM
Jana nodded. "Right... we go somewhere else. Sell them to someone else who's got a somewhat less 'interesting' crew. We don't know they're here for us, but we don't want to take chances."

The ship rocked slightly as Riebe's fighter detached from it. She hailed them and Jana flicked the switch, staring in astonishment as the little fighter dove straight for the Imperial fleet.

"They are here for you," Riebe said. "You might want to leave before they see you."

((Here, we might have some kind of malfunction that delays our departure for a minute or so.))

ExtreamJedi12
02-13-2006, 06:40 PM
"First, appology ascepted." Cloud told Beryl. "Second, I would like to appologize for barging into your room like that." Cloud may have loved Aerith more than life, but in the back of his mind, he had a crush on Beryl. He always thought she was the type that liked rich guys, not mechanics. He never pryed into the issue. "Third, I do have contacts on Aldeeran. I have a starport full of them. They could scrounge some parts."

JasraLantill
02-13-2006, 07:24 PM
Beryl smiled at Cloud. "Thanks," she said. "And I'm not upset about you coming into my room. Just as much my fault for not locking the door, I expect."

The ship rocked slightly as Riebe's fighter detached from it.

Beryl raised an eyebrow. "We must be close. That was SithHunter detaching from the...." Staring over Cloud's shoulder, she frowned suddenly. "Erm...Cloud? When that second red light on the left on the stabliser control panel is flashing rapidly, doesn't that mean that...?"

The ship suddenly lurched sideways. Beryl and Cloud were both knocked off their feet, and then they heard the sublight engines shut down.

"Aw, for the love of...." Beryl being the one on top, she stretched her arm over Cloud to the panel behind him and pressed the override button to restart the engines. "I hate those automatic safety protocols," she said to Cloud, as she struggled to her feet. She smiled. "Don't you?"

Writer
02-13-2006, 08:24 PM
Jana gripped the back of the copilot chair as the ship rocked slightly. A sudden thought struck her and she stared after Riebe's departing fighter. "Did she..." she began. Then, she reached for the intercom. "Cloud, is everything alright down there?"

ExtreamJedi12
02-13-2006, 11:10 PM
"Yeah, I do." Cloud said to Beryl. He herad Jana ask if evrything was alright. "Yeah, everything's fine." Cloud said over the intercomm. "Just a few more ajustments."

stingerhs
02-14-2006, 12:43 AM
Ryshana looked up as she approached the cockpit. Something was very, very wrong, and Ryshana could feel it coming towards them. "Its too late; they're already on the way," Ryshana stated.

Writer
02-14-2006, 03:07 AM
Jana barely heard Ryshana's words as she watched Riebe's fighter flying straight toward the Imperial fleet, undaunted. "What's she doing?" she murmured. Then, she saw the movement in the Imperial fleet that Ryshana had mentioned. She hit the intercom again. "Those adjustments better be fast."

She swore under her breath. "Here we were, just letting her hitch a ride," she fumed. "And this is how she repays us? Alert the fleet and cause us to malfunction so they can get us?"

She pounded a fist against the nearest wall in frustration as Riebe's ship vanished untouched into the Imperial fleet. Through the intercom, she yelled, "Get done... five minutes ago!"

It was highly unusual for Jana to become so flustered she actually yelled at the crew.

JasraLantill
02-14-2006, 06:56 AM
Still in Engineering, Beryl hit the comm button on the wall to respond to Jana, as Cloud was busy making the adjustments on the tempermental and touchy engines in prep for restart. Safety protocol restarts always took a minimum of three minutes. They were designed that way on purpose, to allow time to examine for other problems and avoid engine blowout if there were.

"We had a 'safety' restart," she said in response to Jana. "It'll be at least three minutes. There's nothing Cloud can do about it."

She then took pause, and frowned. Sure the proximity alarms had sounded, but Beryl had basically ignorned them as it was a fairly standard occurrance when approaching any Imperial controlled planet. But Jana had yelled. Actually yelled. Something wasn't right. Jana's style was normally more subtle than that.

"Jana, what's going on out there anyway?" Beryl asked into the comm.

starmark2k
02-14-2006, 08:42 AM
Nic continued looking over the sensors. As the sublight Engines had malfunctioned they were only moving slightly due to moment and that was in completely the wrong direction, they were heading towards the Imperial fleet. He moved over to the intercom and almost pushed Jana out of the way. "We're going up <sullutian Curse> creek without a Paddle." Nic said knowing the analogy was almost literal. " We need more powers to the thrusters so we can atleast turn around."

Nic turned back to Jack. "The second we can move, plot a cource for Corellia, It's Not to far, an hours flight at most."

((@Wild- if you want me to edit the post so we don't go to corellia let me know.))

stingerhs
02-14-2006, 01:16 PM
Ryshana heard the words from the crew, but she didn't understand a word of them. Instead, she was concentrating on a presence that was slowly coming closer. Looking at the viewer, she noticed one of the ships in the Imperial fleet stood out almost as if the others weren't even there. Someone is on that ship. Someone very powerful in the Force...

"Captain, this may be a good time to start preparing for a welcoming party. If we get boarded, there's a good chance that they'll know who I am. And if that happens, I wouldn't count on the mercy of an Imperial Captain as your saving grace," Ryshana stated.

Ryshana wasn't afraid, but she wasn't really ready for a fight. And that was what made her a bit nervous.

starmark2k
02-14-2006, 01:23 PM
"No offence my force-sensitive friend, but if we don't get into hyperspace A-Sap we'll proberly be dead before the days out." Nic said without turning around to busy ensuring the Sensor Jammer was on full power, so the Imperial ships couldn't get a positive ID. "And no amount of armed blasters pointing out the air-lock will help. Stormtroopers have a tendancy to shoot first and not to even bother asking questions."

Writer
02-14-2006, 02:41 PM
((Corellia's fine... maybe we'll stop by to see Jana's parents :) ))

Forcing herself to calm down, Jana took a deep breath. "Three minutes?" she said, shaking her head slowly. She pointed to the oncoming Imperial ship. "They'll be on us sooner than that."

She took over the intercom again and said, "If you can cut down on that time, it would be a very very good and happy thing. Our hitchhiker seems to have betrayed us."

Turning to Ryshana, she said, "I wish I'd listened to you about her," she said. "How she betrayed the Jedi... she must have sensed you or she'd have no reason to strand us here where they can pick us up."

She stared out toward the fleet again. "And now she's in there, alive and unharmed."

Swearing under her breath, she moved to leave the cockpit.

JasraLantill
02-14-2006, 03:17 PM
"We're going up <sullutian Curse> creek without a Paddle!" Nic said. "We need more powers to the thrusters so we can at least turn around."

Beryl frowned and turned to Cloud. “Cloud, I know it’s a bit risky, but see if you can reroute the auxiliary power through to the thrusters. It sounds like we’re in trouble.”

"If you can cut down on that time, it would be a very very good and happy thing. Our hitchhiker seems to have betrayed us,” said Jana.

Beryl’s forehead wrinkled in disbelief. Tarla Vel? Super-instructor of the TCTA? A betrayer? No way!

“Sorry. No way to hurry the restart timer,” Beryl said in to the comm. She looked at the restart timer as it counted down. “Two minutes, twenty six seconds.” She paused. “And you’re wrong, Jana. No way would Tarla betray us! She helped us with those Imps before. She wouldn’t just bail on us now.”

stingerhs
02-14-2006, 03:48 PM
"Nobody said that we had to fight. Take me out of the picture, and they don't have a reason to do anything to us, right?"

starmark2k
02-14-2006, 04:00 PM
"Think about Ryshana, If they board us and don't find you, knowing you were here thanks to our Hitchhiking friend overthere." Nic points to the Imperial fleet "what do you think they will do with us, Let us go on our merry way?" He said sarcasticly

stingerhs
02-14-2006, 04:13 PM
"Have you ever conducted an investigation?? You don't impound somebody based off of a witness. You impound somebody based on evidence. Even then, you can appeal to the local governors if they do impound you without evidence. Once that happens, you certainly stand a fair chance, especially since you would be impounded on Alderaan."

starmark2k
02-14-2006, 04:21 PM
Nic turns and looks at Ryshana. "Are we Living in the same Galaxy ,When it comes to Jedi, The Empire will do anything to get them, to get you. I don't feel like being tortured, i was tortured once before, didn't care much for it." Nic turns back to his console "besides how do you intend to leave the ship and escape, Go for a Swim in the Black perhaps?"

stingerhs
02-14-2006, 04:28 PM
Ryshana thought for a second and remembered how she hitched a ride on an Imperial Lander during the very bold escape that she, the Commandos, and Jeez had come up with after Order 66 was issued. Getting in a spacesuit, she quietly latched onto an Imperial Lander and later snuck on board to steal her fighter from the Star Destroyer in orbit.

"You have spacesuits, right? It wouldn't be hard for me to wedge myself in a little nook outside. Besides, I have other abilities that can come into play as well," Ryshana stated.

XoRRoX
02-14-2006, 04:35 PM
Suddenly Oliver arrives to Nic, with a rather unpleased face. "What is going on! I have work to do, and all people are shouting all the time! Can you tell me, sir?". Oliver lokked rather dizzy, but not drunk. Rather sick, actually.

starmark2k
02-14-2006, 04:48 PM
((@stringerhs- I'm pretty sure Wildjedi intends for us to escape this, just so you know that your character outside proberly isn't a good idea.))

"O.k you can try and prep your spacesuit but be careful." Nic said just before XoRRox stormed in.
"What is going on! I have work to do, and all people are shouting all the time! Can you tell me, sir?"

Nic Turned his head back to Oliver "What's going on?.. What's going on?.." Nic Points out the front viewing window towards the Imperial Fleet and the ship thats heading towards them. "That's 'what's going on.'"

Nic goes back to the intercom "Beryl, Cloud would you two very much mind, getting you asses into top GEAR!!!" He said calmly with the exception of the last word which he shouted.

stingerhs
02-14-2006, 04:56 PM
((i figured. still, i'm just trying to stay in character as that is what a Jedi would probably do.))

Ryshana nodded quickly and headed back towards the cargo hold. Grabbing a suit near the airlock, Ryshana started to put it on when she remembered that it might be a good idea to have her lightsaber outside of her suit. Good thing this is a flexible model. Its nice when you don't have a set of big, clunky armour getting in the way, Ryshana thought for a moment.

Placing her lightsaber in one of the pockets, she finished putting on the suit. Waiting for situation analysis from Nic, she paused before she put on the helmet.

ExtreamJedi12
02-14-2006, 06:13 PM
“Cloud, I know it’s a bit risky, but see if you can reroute the auxiliary power through to the thrusters. It sounds like we’re in trouble.”

"That might work." Cloud said.

"Beryl, Cloud would you two very much mind, getting you asses into top GEAR!!!"

"I'M WORKING ON IT! WE'RE ALL UNDER PRESSURE HERE CAPTAIN, SO SHUT UP AND LET ME WORK!" Cloud cooled off and said "Sorry about that, captain."

Writer
02-14-2006, 06:15 PM
"She betrayed the Jedi, Beryl," Jana answered icily. "As Riebe Sothe, she betrayed them. Joined the Empire. Don't think for a second that she's incapable of turning on us now."

JasraLantill
02-14-2006, 08:33 PM
Beryl shook her head. She still disagreed with Jana, but now probably wasn't the best time to argue about it. It didn't matter to her what name a person went by. Since the Clone Wars, a lot of people had changed names. But changing a name was easy. Changing the person inside was not. And the person she knew as Instuctor Tarla Vel, would never cave in to serving the Empire. Never. And it would take more than a word from Jana to convince her otherwise.

Beryl glanced at the timer again. "One minute, eight seconds," she said through the comm.

Turning to Cloud, she asked, "How's it goin'?" referring to his progress on the thrusters. "Anything I can do to help?" He was working in a very small area under a panel. Not much room to manuoever, but she offered her assistance anyway, just by way of some moral support.

XoRRoX
02-15-2006, 07:24 AM
"That's 'what's going on.'"

Oliver looked on the big impertial ships, and tried to take a deep breath, but it wasen't a succes. He did shaking. "Well...anyone who knows, where Beryl...is...?"

starmark2k
02-15-2006, 08:34 AM
"she's in enginneering." Nic answered to oliver as he continued looking at the sensors, "they'll be in weapons range 30 seconds, we need those thrusters now!" Nic shouted into the intercom.

ExtreamJedi12
02-15-2006, 08:49 AM
"Yeah, Beryl. You can help." Cloud said. "Toggle that switch over there." As Beryl toggled the switch, Cloud snipped a couple of wires and put them together in another order. "That should do it. Try it Nic."

JasraLantill
02-15-2006, 11:03 AM
"Let's hope this buys us the time we need," Beryl whispered under her breath. "Thrusters go, Jack!" she hollered to the bridge on the comm. "Sublights back on line in thirty five seconds!"

She gave Cloud a hopeful grin, although she was beginning to get nervous now. If they got boarded.... Her grin faded. Best not even to think about it.

starmark2k
02-15-2006, 01:21 PM
"Spin us around Jack, then move us forward as fast as you can with the thrusters." Nic Ordered as he transfered the shields power to the rear.

JasraLantill
02-15-2006, 02:24 PM
Beryl felt the ship change directions. She smiled at Cloud. "We're moving! Good work!"

The restart timer was counting down. Ten, nine, eight....

As Cloud was still underneath the panels, Beryl flipped the switches for restart...

Five, four, three, two....

...saving the last switch for...

One.

She flipped the last switch, and the sublight engines started to whine.

"Sublight engines on!" she screamed into the comm. "Hit it!"

starmark2k
02-15-2006, 02:45 PM
The Echo quickly Began to fly forward as the Imperial vessek began to fire on the Echos rear shields. It moved forward for less than 10 seconds before the hyperspace engines powered up and shot the ship into Hyperspace.

Nic sat back into his chair and relaxed "Nice one crew." He said pressing the intercom button. "We should make it to corellia within the hour."

JasraLantill
02-15-2006, 03:06 PM
Corellia? Beryl exhaled a sigh of relief. She could do with a visit home.

"I don't know about you, Cloud, but I sure could use a drink about now." She thought about Oliver's boxes of 'Jawa Brew' hidden under her bed, then shuddered. No, not something quite that strong. Although...

"Hey, I've got a bottle of Corellian Ale hidden behind the flour canister in the galley?" she said conspiratorially to Cloud. "Finish up here and come join me. You deserve a treat."

stingerhs
02-15-2006, 04:34 PM
Ryshana sighed to herself all over again. It was a bit curious, though, since she still felt that same pressing darkness. If Riebe is gone, and we're in the clear, then why... Ryshana started to think. As she finished taking off the suit, Ryshana remembered that her lightsaber was still in the pocket of the spacesuit. Pulling it out, she paused for a moment.

Slowly, Ryshana began to clear her mind. Focusing inwards on herself, she finally calmed herself down. Taking off the outer cloak of her robes, Ryshana breathed in deeply. Now in just modest coverings, Ryshana felt more at ease with herself. Igniting her lightsaber, Ryshana began to go through an exercise program. In her mind, Ryshana could envision enemies attacking from all directions as she performed the exercise. To any bystander, it would appear that she was doing a particularly dangerous dance with her lightsaber. However, to anyone trained in the martial arts, they would recognize exactly what she was doing.

ExtreamJedi12
02-15-2006, 08:36 PM
"Alright." Cloud said to Beryl in a proud voice. As Beryl walked away, he knew he had done good for the crew and deserved a good treat. He finished up and headed to the galley.

JasraLantill
02-15-2006, 09:05 PM
In the galley, Beryl reached into one of the food storage units and fumbled about until her hand felt the bottle she had hidden there. "Got it," she said, pulling out the bottle and setting it on the table.

She set out two glasses, and poured each of them a drink, then set the open bottle on the table. She figured that the fragrance would entice Nic and the others to come out to join them at some point. Corellian ale had a distinctive nutty type of smell, but it had a smooth taste and felt silky on the way down. A far cry from Juma Juice. Or any type of Jawa concoction. All in all, it was extremely tasty.

"To a job well done," she said to Cloud by way of a toast. "And to Corellia. Home port of traders, shipbuilders, and the best trained soldiers in the Galaxy."

She had wanted to go home for a while, but never pressed the issue with Nic, figuring that he would eventually make it there one day. All traders did. Traders like her brother, Rayne.

Hmm...Rayne.... Rayne might be able to unload that Jawa brew. He owns his own transport company. Surely he could find a buyer for Oliver. And, I might even be able to convince him to take the swoop bike cargo to Alderaan for us. When Nic shows up, I'll mention that to him. After I apologise to him for lying about the Headhunter, that is.

XoRRoX
02-16-2006, 05:32 AM
"Coreilla? Sounds nice to me" he mumbled, while he walked back to his room. He took a big gulp of one of his drinks from Dantooine, and began to sleep. All outside could hear, that he had "one of these nightmares" again.

ExtreamJedi12
02-16-2006, 11:33 AM
"A toast," Cloud started. "To the Rebel Alliance for doing the right thing and standing up for freedom, justice, and other things. Also, another toast Corellia." He drank from his glass. Then, something in the back of his mind told him that Sephiroth was near. Suprised, he started to choke on his ale.

starmark2k
02-16-2006, 01:46 PM
Nic walked in as he heard Cloud make his toast, he laughed quickly and continued over to the Water tap. He never knew why people made a big deal about the rebel alliance, they were small and completly fractured. The word 'Alliance' was virtually useless when talking about these rebels, they were so busy arguing amongst themselves the empire barely considered them nusance let alone a serious threat.

Writer
02-16-2006, 01:59 PM
"Alliance is a relative term," Jana said, coming in from the other side of the room. "Until they find a leader... if they can't find a leader, they will never truly be allied. And if they're never truly allied, they've no hope of survival. The Empire is allied... all who serve do so under a common fear."

She shrugged. "I'll be in my room if anyone needs me."

She headed off that way.

JasraLantill
02-16-2006, 02:30 PM
As Jana marched off down the corridor, Beryl raised a solitary eyebrow.

Well...Jana sounded rather... 'snippy' just then. Hmmm? Suppose it has anything to do with Tarla or Riebe or whatever she wants to call herself these days?

She shrugged. She'd talk to Jana later.

"Erm...Nic?" Beryl started. "I owe you an apology. For lying to you earlier about the Headhunter. I know you already know that's it's damaged. But I didn't lie to you just cover up my mistake. I did it because I didn't think you needed the added worry, with all that's happened lately. I'm sorry." She paused. "I'll fix it, no cost to you, don't worry. Oh," she added brightening a bit. "And my brother Rayne runs a transport company in the Corellian system. I'm sure he could help us deliver those swoops to Alderaan. I'll contact him if you want me to."

starmark2k
02-17-2006, 08:40 AM
Nic heard Beryl out and smiled at her after she finished "Firstly, ou don't need to apolgise, I'd be more worried if you never took damage, that would mean you're not doing your job." Nic paused for a second while he took a sip of his drink. "Secondly, We can use your brrother as a last resort, we may be able to get good money for the bikes on Corellia by cutting out the middle man."

Nic placed his drink on the table "I'm going to talk to Jana... But see if your brother can sought us out a discreet landing area." Nic then walked off towards Jana's room and knocked on her Door.

Writer
02-17-2006, 02:05 PM
"Don't want to talk," Jana's muffled voice came through her door. "Go away."

starmark2k
02-17-2006, 02:24 PM
"C'mon Jana, this ain't the first time someone stabbed us in the back. Remember that Rodian Coruscant, he got what was comin' to him and so will this Reibe." Nic said through the door. "Wait this is about reibe ain't it and not about us going to Corellia? 'cos if it is we ain't got much choice, we're low on fuel and whare else are we going to get some."

Writer
02-17-2006, 02:43 PM
"It's not what happened," Jana said, her voice barely audible through the door. "It's who did it."

starmark2k
02-17-2006, 03:01 PM
"Jana, This Reibe, Has obviously been keeping somthing from you. Hell, she's changed her name various times and ain't aged in over a decade." Nic said leaning against the wall next to her door. "Look it's over now, We'll proberly never see again."

JasraLantill
02-17-2006, 04:58 PM
When Nic left the common room, Beryl took the opportunity to pour herself and Cloud another drink. "To forgiving captains, and a clean conscience," she said, raising her glass. She downed the shot, then smiled with relief. "Ah! Nothing beats Corellian ale."

She rose from the table. "I'll be right back. Got to go and look up the freq to contact my brother."

In the corridor, Nic was standing directly across from her door, talking to Jana's. "C'mon Jana, this ain't the first time someone stabbed us in the back."

Beryl raised her eyebrows, but slipped into her own room without comment.

Ooh....not getting involved, not getting involved, NOT getting involved.... Could end up in a lover's spat. Not getting involved! I can talk to Jana later. Much later. Rayne's freq. Datapad with Rayne's freq. Ah! There it is.

Beryl came out of her room, a datapad in hand. Nic was now leaning up against the wall.

Uh, oh. Bad sign. Looks like he's preparing to set up camp. This could be a long one. Unless, of course, Jana opens her door and throws something at him. But I'm not hanging around for that.

"Jana, this Reibe has obviously been keeping something from you," Nic was saying. "Hell, she's changed her name various times and ain't aged in over a decade. Look it's over now. We'll probably never see her again."

Beryl bit her lip to keep from commenting on that one, although she did give Nic a 'just-who-exactly-do-you-think-you're-kidding' look before she headed off to the bridge.

It didn't take her long to contact her brother Rayne. He ran a transport company. He had comm repeaters stationed all over the main corridors.

As soon as she and Rayne had exchanged greetings, she wasted no time in explaining her situation. "I was having a discussion with some of my friends, and wondered if you could resolve a slight problem to settle a bet between us. I said they could use Preevay's Formula to optimise engine output. They thought that Vimer's Formula was the only right one to use, but their figures seem a bit high to me. What do you think?"

There was a pause.

"I agree with you," Rayne's staticky voice answered. "Vimer's would work, but Preevay's would work better. But only if you substitute the first constant in tandum with the the calculated variable for the type of fuel you are using. What fuel are you using?"

"A medium grade plasmotic."

Another pause. "Then you should get away with using 2.4 as your constant, and 8.65 for your variable."

"2.4 and 8.65?"

"That's right."

"Thanks, Rayne. You've earned yourself a commission!"

She disconnected the comm and turned to Jack. "My brother gave us a safe place to land on Corellia without being detected by any Imps or Corellian security. When you come out of hyperspace, approach on vector 24 and set a course heading of 86. Land in Hanger 5. I'll let Nic know." She turned to leave. "Oh, and I've opened my last bottle of Corellian ale," she added. "Feel free to join us."

On her way off the bridge, she thought she heard Jack utter a grunt. She sighed. One of these days, I'm going to have to ask him if that's a good grunt or a bad grunt. Still can't tell.

She rejoined Cloud in the common room. "Now, where were we?"

ExtreamJedi12
02-17-2006, 05:11 PM
"We were going to do another toast." Cloud said. "And you're right. Nothing beats Corallian ale." He took a deep drink from his glass like before. He puts his glass down. Once again, he gets the feeling Sephiroth is near. "Something is wrong." Cloud says in an under-his-breath-so-that-only-Beryl-can-hear-voice. "I can feel it."

Writer
02-17-2006, 05:36 PM
"Sure," Jana muttered, finally opening the door. She looked more angry than anything. "Fine. It's done. She's gone. We'll move on."

She forced a smile and said, "I think I'd just like a few minutes alone. I'll be out later. Don't let the others go crazy while I'm in here."

Without waiting for an answer, she shut the door again.

JasraLantill
02-17-2006, 05:40 PM
Beryl frowned slightly. She had been feeling that something was 'wrong' ever since they picked up Ryshana, but she wasn't about to say anything about it. People might think she was...well, spooky. She had premonitions now and again, part of why she was such a good pilot, but she didn't dare mention it to anyone.

"What's wrong? What do you feel?" she asked him.

ExtreamJedi12
02-17-2006, 06:09 PM
"Sephiroth." Cloud said to Beryl. "He's near."

JasraLantill
02-17-2006, 06:24 PM
"Who's Sephiroth?" Beryl asked. She never figured Cloud for having enemies. He was too nice of a guy.

starmark2k
02-18-2006, 04:57 AM
As Jana's door slammed in Nic's face he turned around and headed down the ladder, as he went down he heard a strange Buzzing noise coming from the cargo hold. Nic stepped on to the catwalk and looked down over the Cargo Holds floor.

Ryshanna was doing what Could only be described as an odd Dance with a lightsabre. "Careful there Jedi, you could poke someones eye out with that thing."

steven
02-18-2006, 06:37 AM
I dont beleive i've ever been to Corellian before Jack thought to himself as he brought the ship out of hyperspace. Jack hit the inter-com and said into the microphone "We're here. Proceeding to the cordinants Beryl gave me!"

ExtreamJedi12
02-18-2006, 09:05 AM
"It's a long tale, Beryl." Cloud said. "I'm not sure you'd be interested."

stingerhs
02-18-2006, 10:43 AM
There were thousands of them in Ryshana's mind. They were all coming for her and trying to kill her. Thousands of stormtroopers. Time after time, she was blocking bolts, performing acrobatics, stabbing and slicing, and on occasion, parrying other sword attacks.

"Careful there Jedi, you could poke someones eye out with that thing."

As Ryshana heard Nic speak, she suddenly stopped. Bringing the lightsaber to bear by her head, she deactivated it. "I perfectly aware of what's going on in this cargo bay, Captain. Besides, it doesn't hurt to get a bit of exercise."

JasraLantill
02-18-2006, 11:38 AM
"It's a long tale, Beryl," Cloud said. "I'm not sure you'd be interested."

Beryl gave him a reassuring nod. It was obvious to her that Cloud was uncomfortable discussing the matter at the moment. "Well, perhaps this isn't the right moment to discuss it," she said diplomatically. "But despite being a 'gregarious Corellian,'" she said, grinning, "I am a good listener when I need to be. And I can keep a secret. And, if this Sephiroth is on Corellia, let me know if there's anything I can do to help. This is my homeworld. I've got connections."

"We're here!" Jack's voice came over the comm. "Proceeding to the cordinants Beryl gave me!"

"Wow, that was quick!" Beryl rose, but not before checking the bottle of ale. It was almost gone. "Might as well finish this up," she said to Cloud. "I'll pick up some more while we're here." She split the last of the ale between their two glasses, then downed hers quickly. "Now, I've got something to 'discuss' with our first mate before we land." She started to leave, then paused. "Oh, say," she said over her shoulder. "Why don't you make up a list of parts that we need--you know, the ones that Nic won't fork out for? I'll 'convince' my brother get them for us. He's rich. He can afford them."

She headed down the corridor towards Jana's room. Nic was no longer there, apparently had given up his seige, broken camp, and moved on. Unless he was inside....

Beryl frowned a bit, then leaned her ear closer to the door. She didn't hear anything. She let out a sigh of relief. If Nic was in there, there would have been some sort of noise.

She rapped briskly on the door. "Open up, Short Stuff," she said. "There's something we need to talk about before we land."

And the topic? Well, Riebe/Tarla/Whatever, of course. Beryl disagreed with Jana on her judgement of the mysterious SithHunter's actions. And Beryl wanted to know the real reason behind why Jana thought Tarla had betrayed them.

Writer
02-18-2006, 01:20 PM
"Nope," Jana answered shortly. "I need time alone..." Then, she sighed and her door opened, allowing Beryl to slip in. The room was a mess, looking as if a tornado had touched down. The tornado's name was Jana.

"Bit of a mess in here," she mumbled and went back to sitting on the bed and looking up at Beryl. There was a short period of silence before Jana snapped, "You wanted to talk... so talk."

ExtreamJedi12
02-18-2006, 02:27 PM
Cloud got started looking for parts that needed to be replaced. "Hmmm..." Cloud thought. He looked at he engine and started to inspect it. "Cooling tubes, ion inciderator, grav generator," and the list went on and on. When he got done, he went back to his room. He picked up a picture of Sephiroth (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/45/Sephiroth_art.jpg). He was going to show Beryl what he looked like so she could watch for him on Corellia.

JasraLantill
02-18-2006, 04:33 PM
Beryl raised her brow in surprise at the state of Jana’s room.

Bit of a mess? Bit of an understatement, if you ask me!

Beryl herself couldn’t stand clutter, and it took a lot of effort for her to not start straightening things up right there and then. But it was blatantly obvious that Jana was angry about something. Or at someone.

Carefully avoiding the holovids, clothing, and personal grooming items strewn across Jana’s floor, Beryl picked her way towards an upturned chair in the corner. She lifted an item of clothing off of it before righting it and sitting down, but then did a double take at what she was holding. She let the blouse drape from her fingers. It was one of hers, an expensive one, too, as Beryl recalled, that she had let Jana borrow a few months ago. For a night out with Nic on…on…

Ichtor VIII, wasn’t it? Yeah. The ‘Infinity’ nightclub. That was it. Very plush, very pricey, and very picky about their dress code.

“I take it that you’re done with this now?” she said to Jana, as she neatly folded up the blouse and laid it on the edge of the bed.

Jana merely glared at her.

O-kay, so that’s how it’s going to be, is it? Fine. Then I’ll just jump in with both feet and make a splash.

“Tarla Vel would not betray us,” she said bluntly. “Especially not to the likes of the Empire. I wasn’t up on the bridge, so I don’t know what you saw, but I know she would not betray us. Yes, she probably collided with the stabiliser when she detached, but you saw her ship. It was damaged. I can’t for one second believe that she would do something like that on purpose.” She paused for a breath. “Besides, if she wanted to turn us in, she wouldn’t have helped us against that Dreadnaught. Nevermind the fact that she could have rammed us anytime she wanted to, just like she did that Dreadnaught, if she wanted to leave us helpless and adrift for the Imps to pick us up.

“You may have doubts about the Rebellion and the Alliance, but I don’t. And I’ve got three brothers somewhere out there, fighting along side the rebels, that feel the very same way. The more pressure the Empire puts on planets like Corellia and Alderaan, the more resolved and the more unified the rebels become. And I believe that Tarla, Riebe, or whatever she wants to call herself, knows that, too.” She paused for a second. “I know you’re angry with her right now. But whatever she did, she didn’t do it to betray us. You’re wrong about her, Jana.”

Writer
02-18-2006, 04:58 PM
"You didn't know her that well, Beryl," Jana snapped. "Sure, she was a TCTA instructor. But you saw the same things I saw... how many names she's used since then, all of them presumed dead. She betrayed the Jedi and served the Empire before going missing again."

She swore angrily. "And we now have a Jedi aboard. Don't forget that, Beryl. Remember there was that week early in your graduation year that she didn't teach and didn't leave a reason she wasn't there? One of my best friends vanished that week as well... and was found dead later and all evidence points to one of the false names she used."

"Don't tell me she's not capable," she finished icily. Then, she lashed out, unsure of if she actually meant to or if it simply came out. "At any rate, you and I come from very different backgrounds. If you told me you'd seen your own family arrested by Imperials, I'd not believe you... they certainly have enough money to offer bribes!"

She regretted her words, but she couldn't stop. Flinging Beryl's blouse at her, she snapped, "And yes, you can have your blouse back, you spoilt little brat! Go ahead! Live in your riches and leave poor little me alone!"

Huffing for breath, she dreaded Beryl's response...

JasraLantill
02-18-2006, 05:38 PM
Beryl's eyes narrowed at Jana, and her grip tightened on the blouse she had thrown at her. "Spoiled brat?" Something snapped. Maybe it was something that Beryl had stepped on as she rose out of her chair, but it really didn't matter. Beryl's didn't tolerate anyone making insults to her family.

"You're the one acting like a spoiled brat! Look at you! Sulking and pouting and throwing things around just because you suspect someone of doing something that you can't even prove! Lots of people use false names. So what? And maybe Tarla just took a vacation that week because she was sick of teaching passive-aggressive nerfherding nitpickers like you! It doesn't mean she had anything to do with your friend's death. And it doesn't mean she betrayed anyone.

"And as for my family? Yeah, they're rich. But that doesn't mean they don't have principles. Something yours was obviously lacking in!"

Writer
02-18-2006, 05:47 PM
Jana glared and stood slowly. This was way beyond her 'look'. "The fact that my family wasn't ass rich doesn't mean we had no principles!" she spat. Her glare deepened. "It just means we had a better understanding of the lower end of the scale... something I seriously doubt you could even spell!"

"And if you care to remember..." she went on. "But why would you? You'd gone off and graduated by then. What do you care for your old school? But perhaps you'd care to remember that, whenever Tarla went on vacation, she announced it and scheduled a substitute."

"Passive aggressive?" she snapped. "It's better than full out aggressive, miss "I nearly killed my instructor at Graduation!" She let out a harsh laugh. "And you want to talk to me about principles? Here's a good one you don't seem to have learned: when people help you, you don't hurt them!"

JasraLantill
02-18-2006, 06:33 PM
Beryl’s eyes widened with fury. She'd had enough of Jana's looks and inuendos. “Oh is that so? Well, you’re certainly not being very helpful to me at the moment, so I'll assume that's an invitation!”

Beryl dropped the blouse on the floor and decked Jana in the jaw.

The fight was on!

Writer
02-18-2006, 06:38 PM
Jana staggered backward slightly, but her reaction was nothing more than instinct. "Lost your pretty, brat!" she snapped, purposefully stomping on the blouse before taking a swing at Beryl's chin. She missed that, but her momentum carried her into Beryl and they toppled, squirming to the floor.

steven
02-18-2006, 06:39 PM
"I hate to interupt.."Came Jacks voice from the intercom "But Beryl we'll be landing at your brother landing pad in several minutes. You can either get ready to meet him or continue trying to that your friend is innocent..." Witch is incredipally pointless

JasraLantill
02-18-2006, 07:03 PM
"Shut up, Goren!" Beryl shouted as she wrestled Jana for control. Beryl had been ready for a reprisal, but she hadn't expected Jana to outright lunge for her.

"Ow!" she shouted, as she felt her hair pulled. She tried to kick Jana off her, but Jana being smaller than she was and being on the top of the heap, Jana was latched to her like an Ichtorian Attack Stohl! "Stop fighting like girl, you shutta!" she said by way of insult.

She punched Jana in the gut, hoping to knock the wind out of her, but being on the floor her punch didn't have half the power it would have had she had more leverage.

Writer
02-18-2006, 07:07 PM
Though the punch was not strong, Jana did lurch suddenly away, eyes wide, staring at Beryl.

"We..." she panted. A look of astonishment and horror. "Oh..." She hurried out of the room, her half-messed hair sticking out at wild angles as she fled to the only 'safe' place she knew. It was a small opening in the hull, typically used for storing less legal cargo. It was very small. In fact, only Jana of the entire crew could actually fit inside. It was also deep and exactly what Jana needed.

JasraLantill
02-18-2006, 07:47 PM
Panting, Beryl lay there on the floor for a moment, then swore as Jana ran out of the room. "Great. Just great. First I lie to the captain, then I beat up the first officer." She closed her eyes for a second, then got up from the floor.

"Ugh," she said, catching her reflection in the mirror. She ran her fingers over the red marks on her neck. She snorted. Hard to believe that hands that small and delicate-looking could leave marks like that. Still, nothing that time wouldn't heal. She ruffled her fingers through her hair, and tucked in her tank top.

"Damn," she said, sighing. She shouldn't have let Jana get to her like that. Nic was going to flip. Good thing they were almost on Corellia. At least she should be able to find another job there.

"Damn!" She went to go and find Jana. She had a pretty good idea where she was.

She picked up the blouse from the floor and headed down the corridor. Halfway between engineering and the ladder she paused. The hatch to the small storage compartment was partially open.

"Jana?" Beryl knelt down. "Jana, I'm sorry. I didn't mean what I said. Really." She paused, listening for any response. "Are you alright? Did I hurt you?"

Beryl sat down next to the hatch, back against the wall. She sighed. She hated conceding just to patch things up. "Maybe... maybe you're right about Riebe. I'm not convinced, but maybe you're right."

Writer
02-18-2006, 07:50 PM
"Can't believe I did that," Jana muttered, her voice barely audible to Beryl.

JasraLantill
02-18-2006, 08:15 PM
"You can't?" Beryl snorted softly. "Hell, I just decked my first officer. And my friend," she added quietly. "You are still my friend, aren't you?"

Writer
02-18-2006, 08:21 PM
There was a slight rustling in the darkness of the compartment. Then, Jana appeared. "Could have you kicked off the crew for that," she offered with a shy smile. "But friends don't do that. Yeah, we're still friends."

She straightened her hair and clothing and crawled out of the compartment.

JasraLantill
02-18-2006, 08:40 PM
"Thanks," Beryl said, offering a hand to help Jana up. "Of course, there's still Nic to contend with. I wouldn't be surprised if he kicks me off the ship. If I was captain, I would. At any rate, he's not going to be happy about this when he finds out." She gave Jana a weak smile. "But I'm glad we're still friends. And I'm sorry that I called you a passive-aggressive nerfherding nitpicker. I really didn't mean it."

Writer
02-18-2006, 08:43 PM
"He doesn't need to know," Jana answered quickly. "And I'm sorry I called you a spoiled brat."

JasraLantill
02-18-2006, 08:57 PM
"Well, I suppose that's partially true," Beryl admitted. "I have never wanted for anything. Not really. Well," she grinned, "not since I joined up with this crew." She winked. She looked at the dirtied blouse in her hands, and then shrugged as if it meant nothing to her. "But, if you're serious about keeping this from Nic, then I think we both should 'freshen up' a bit. We'll be landing soon. C'mon," she motioned Jana to follow her to her room. "Your room's a wreck. We'll use mine."

starmark2k
02-19-2006, 05:18 AM
"I'm sure it don't." Nic replied just before jack informed them they were dropping out of hyperspace. Nic looked around "come on, we best get to the common room."

Nic began to climb up the ladder, as he reached the top Beryl walked past and stood next to Jana's doors. 'thats not a good idea.' Nic thought to himself knowing Jana would not be in the mood. Nic continued to the common room.

XoRRoX
02-19-2006, 05:40 AM
"Coreilla" Oliver mumbled to himself in his room. He didn't like the name of the planet. Rather stupid of him, actually. He was a man with many rejudices. But he realised, that he did must talk to Beryl about the Juma juice. He walked to Beryl's room, but there wasen't any there. "Well - maybe she is in the common room?" he mumbled, and walked to the common room.

ExtreamJedi12
02-19-2006, 09:39 AM
Cloud was walking to the common room when Nic passed by him. "Nic, I have some bad news." Cloud started. "He is near."

(He is Sephiroth)

starmark2k
02-19-2006, 10:55 AM
((OCC- Me and Extreme have come to the conclusion that inorder for his Bio and timeline to work His Love, Aerith Gainsborough, must have been on the crew. So Oliver, Nic and Jana would've known her, The rest wouldn't have.))

Nic was organising his thought on his plan of action for Corellia when he was walking pass Cloud. "Nic, I have some bad news." Cloud started. "He is near."

Nic knew precisly who he was, Nic and cloud had talked about it a couple of times. This was one of the reasons Nic used to persuade Cloud to return after he left, Nic would let Cloud get his revenge If their travels led to him. "Cloud are you sure about this? You know it won't bring her back."

ExtreamJedi12
02-19-2006, 11:10 AM
"I know." Cloud started. "But, it is the only way I'll be at peace with myself. To make sure he never kills another life."

JasraLantill
02-19-2006, 11:29 AM
"You know, I fink I could've made a fair hairstyrist," Beryl said, securing a pin in Jana's hair as she held the rest of them inbetween clenched teeth.

After changing clothes and covering up any bruises with makeup, Beryl had helped Jana comb out all the tangles that had formed during their scuffle. But seeing as how they were going to meet her brother in a few minutes, Beryl convinced Jana to allow her to put her hair up. It looked more sophisticated and 'first-officery' that way, she had told her.

"You'll like my brother," she said to Jana while she worked. "He's pretty sharp. Has to be to run a successful business under the Empire. He knows all the ins and outs. He got injured in the Clone Wars, so he came home and really frew himself into his work." She took the last pin from her mouth. "His wife's a real shutta though. Talk about spoiled brat!" She rolled her eyes as she secured the last pin. "Wouldn't trust her half as far as I could throw her. But maybe we'll be lucky and not have to see her."

She pulled a few curly strands loose and arranged them for effect. "There. Can hardly even tell you were in a fight." With a comb still in her hand, Beryl stood back and evaluated the job she had done with Jana's hair. "I like it. It's different, but I like it. Draws more attention to your eyes. But what do you think?" She handed Jana a mirror.

Writer
02-19-2006, 02:24 PM
"Sounds like your brother could teach us a few things about being subtle around the Empire," Jana chuckled. She took the mirror and stared into it for a few seconds and nodded slowly. "Maybe I should start wearing it this way more often."

starmark2k
02-19-2006, 02:46 PM
"We all need a little peace in our lives, After we land you can do what need to. I hope you find it" Nic said before he moved to the intercom. "All crew to the common room."

XoRRoX
02-19-2006, 02:52 PM
When Oliver heard the message, who runned to his normal chair in the common room. He took a new (and big) juma juice bottle from one of the shelves, and maked drinks to them all. Actually big drinks.

"I have the drinks ready! Hurry up!"

Writer
02-19-2006, 02:56 PM
Jana angled the mirror so she could see Beryl. "Oh... sit."

When Beryl sat, Jana worked to smooth out the few spots that had been pulled and then pulled it back in a ponytail.

"Given more time, I'd play a bit more with style," Jana told her. "But we're already a little late. Come on."

steven
02-19-2006, 03:25 PM
Jack leaned in the doorway that conected the common room and the cockpit. He thought it would be best incase something happened and he needed to get to the piolt seat.

JasraLantill
02-19-2006, 05:33 PM
Beryl was glad that she and Jana had had a 'girly' moment together. And even though it had taken them blows to get there, Beryl felt a lot closer to her now. Of course, she knew there would still be 'looks' given.

She followed Jana through to the common room. She was excited at the prospect of seeing her brother again. It had been a few years since she had last been home, and she wanted to do some catching up in the little time they were going to be here.

She felt slightly uncomfortable at the prospect of Nic finding out about her 'argument' with Jana, so she took the seat closest to the door--just in case she had to make a quick exit.

stingerhs
02-19-2006, 08:56 PM
Ryshana breathed in deep for a moment and closed her eyes. As she slowly exhaled, she once again cleared her mind. It was an old Jedi technique that she had learned a long time ago as a youngling back at the Jedi Temple in her studies. Interestingly, she didn't feel the same heaviness she had been feeling for quite some time. Perhaps it was just Riebe as she had thought. Still, the uneasiness she had felt hadn't left, and it made Ryshana a bit uncomfortable.

Heading up towards the common area, Ryshana sudddenly remembered that she had forgotten her outer cloak. Smiling for a second, she decided to get it back later. Entering the common room, she went to the cabinets and grabbed a small flask. Filling it up with water, she sat down at the table.

ExtreamJedi12
02-19-2006, 10:15 PM
Cloud went inside. He sat down on a chair near Jana and Impe. He looked at his drink of Juma Juice then at his photo of Sephiroth. He took some paper, wrote down something, split it in two, and passed it to Jana and Impe. They both said the same thing:

He is near. Trash this as soon as you're done reading this.

Writer
02-20-2006, 01:55 AM
Jana read the slip of paper Cloud had passed her and glanced sharply at him. She balled the note up in her fist and shook her head as if to warn him against foolishness. She knew he'd insist on going after Sephiroth and could only hope Nic knew what was going on and would keep an eye on Cloud so they wouldn't loose him as they had Aerith.

"Sorry Beryl and I are a little late," she said, turning to the captain as if nothing had happened. She gestured to her hair. "Girly stuff... Beryl talked me into trying something new."

She grinned at Beryl and shrugged as if to say, "Can't interrupt stuff like that..."

starmark2k
02-20-2006, 08:34 AM
"Great my first officers all doled up, it may help you with what needs to be done." Nic said turning so he could see most of the crew. "o.k heres our plan, First off we have a Bay full of top of the range swoops and no buyers. So i need Beryl and Jana to find some,We want top price for them so check out the swoop tracks what we can't sell there we'll get Phychos brother to take them off our hands. Meanwhile I'm going to get us some fake IDs, with all the imperial interest we've been having lately we'll need them, Ryshana you'll need to accompany with this one." He looks at Cloud for a few seconds then turns to Jack. "I want to see you and Impe in the cockpit before we land." Nic turns back to the group. "Thats all we want to make this quick, the empire ain't stupid and it won't take them long to work out where we are."

stingerhs
02-20-2006, 10:19 AM
Ryshana took another sip, but that wasn't what she was concentrating on. First, it was the papers that Cloud had distributed and the fact that she didn't get one. Whenever Jana stole a look at the paper she recieved, Ryshana felt a wave of emotion from her. It wasn't very intense, but she did catch the glare she gave Cloud.

After Nic told the group what was going on, she could sense something else going on. But everyone has their secrets. Even I have a few of my own...

Downing the rest of her flask, she got up to refill it.

XoRRoX
02-20-2006, 10:54 AM
He took some paper, wrote down something, split it in two, and passed it to Jana and Impe. They both said the same thing:

He is near. Trash this as soon as you're done reading this.

Oliver read the massage in a great hurry, but didn't look like someone, who was in a shock. He could remember the terrible story, and he felt with sorry for Cloud.

Oliver took drinked his juma juice glass in one hit, and looked rather surprised on the others. Why didn't they want to drink?

I want to see you and Impe in the cockpit before we land

Oliver gave Nic a smile, but he did thougt, taht the meeting was going to about himself. Oliver had a suspicion, that Nic maybe didn't like him.

JasraLantill
02-21-2006, 01:44 AM
Beryl was curious as to why Cloud had passed a note to Oliver and Jana, but didn’t want to speculate why. Mostly because her feeling that something was ‘wrong’ was getting that little bit stronger, but also because she was the newest member of the crew and that there were things that had happened before her arrival that she felt she had no business knowing. She cast a quick glance at Ryshana. Well, she wasn't the newest crewmember now, of course. But unlike Ryshana, Beryl knew that she had ‘replaced’ someone. It wasn’t that long ago that she couldn’t remember the curious looks from the others when Nic had brought her on board for the first time, nor the feeling that someone else had recently occupied the room that was now hers. She had never asked anyone about the person she had replaced. Somehow, it just never seemed appropriate.

Nic gave his briefing, and at the mention of swoops, Beryl grinned.

“So, if Jana and I are selling the swoops,” she said to Nic, “that means we’ll probably have to give a demonstration…or two, right?” She grinned devilishly. “I think we can handle that.”

She rose to go to the hanger bay, but then paused, and jogged over to the cockpit door where Jack was. “Almost forgot. Just so you know, the docking control at my brother’s hanger will be referring to us as the ‘Preevay’ when they guide us in, not whatever ident we’ve got going now. They do the same thing when they resupply blockade runners. Should give us plenty of time to load and unload without drawing any undue suspicion.”

She headed off to the hanger bay. She needed to decide which one was the best to ride for ‘demonstration purposes.’

steven
02-21-2006, 06:14 AM
Jack nodded and walked to the cockpit where the captain was waiting for him and Impe.

I dought I'm not going like what the captain wants me to do, or he would of told us in the common room

"Captain. What's so important you couldn't tell us in the common room?"

starmark2k
02-21-2006, 08:41 AM
Nic looked at Jack, "Cloud is leaving the ship as soon as we land to deal with some unfinished business. The kind of business which could get him killed, I won't go into the detail as it's not my place to but i do need you and Impe to keep an eye on him."

XoRRoX
02-21-2006, 09:58 AM
Oiver came in the cockpit, just afther Nic said: I won't go into the detail as it's not my place to but i do need you and Impe to keep an eye on him."

Oliver heard it, and was a little surprised: "Well - so we are going to be undercover, right?"

stingerhs
02-21-2006, 10:03 AM
With nobody in the common room to talk to, Ryshana headed for her room and locked the door behind her. Finishing the flask, she set it down on the lone desk in her room. Sitting down on the floor, Ryshana began to focus in on the Force and began to meditate.

starmark2k
02-21-2006, 04:17 PM
When Impe walked in Nic changed hi focus to him. "No, no, no. Just Just keep an eye on him but don't make it look like you're keeping an eye on him." Nic turned back to Jack "O.k got it, Good, Now land this thing so we can get flying again."

Nic then left the Cockpit and headed into the common room he looked aroud for Ryshana but she already left, so he went down to her room and knocked on the Door.

stingerhs
02-21-2006, 04:34 PM
As Ryshana concentrated on the Force, she slowly began to drift into what to normal people would recognize as sleep. To a Jedi, however, meditation was a completely different process. She was about as one with the Force as she could be, and now was whenever she could see and feel many things within it.

For the first time since Order 66 was given, Ryshana had been feeling uneasy and somewhat unguided. Instead of her usual awareness of everything around her, Ryshana had now found herself in the middle of a mercenary group that she knew nothing about. No intelligence had been gathered beforehand, and this was a difficult bunch of people to grasp. Finally able to center herself in the Force, Ryshana began to meditate on the crew members.

For some reason, she kept coming back to Nic as she meditated. Compelled to go further, she pushed deeper into the Force to reveal anything about Nic. Then, images began flashing before Ryshana. At first, it seemed that she was in space, and then, the view sped forward incredibly quickly until it suddenly stopped at a planet. Naboo, Ryshana recognized. Then, she was hurling through the atmosphere until she found herself at Theed on the surface. Although she was in the middle of the plaza, there was only one other person there. Taking a step forward towards the person, she suddenly found herself right behind him. She recognized the person to be a young man, and he turned around. Finally, she caught a glimpse of his face. Nic..

The knocking at her door took her out of the meditation. Sighing for a moment, she got up and pressed the button to unlock the door. "Come in."

starmark2k
02-21-2006, 04:41 PM
The door opened in front of Nic and he Walked in, he looked aroound the room and then turned back to the newest Crew member. "I know they ain't great, but i hope this room is fine."

stingerhs
02-21-2006, 04:44 PM
Noticing that it was Nic who was coming in, Ryshana had to breath in deeply for just a moment. He was much younger then. And better looking, Ryshana thought to herself with a smile.

"I know they ain't great, but i hope this room is fine."

"It serves its purpose. Besides, it doesn't matter how quaint a room is for any Jedi," she replied.

starmark2k
02-21-2006, 04:51 PM
"Oh Yeah, I forgot Jedi have no personal posessions do they." Nic Smiled "Anyway, I know a guy from many years back, A Sullustian, perhaps the best forger in the galaxy, or so he'd have you beleive but he is great. We'll manage to get you a whole new identity for you. Before we do that i want to meet Jana's brother, I gotta amitt i'm curious."

stingerhs
02-21-2006, 05:11 PM
"Well, it'll be good to be able to get well underneath the radar again. Now that we're briefly alone, Captain, I've been meaning to ask you something if you have the time."

starmark2k
02-21-2006, 05:15 PM
"Well I suppose i can grant you that." Nic said as he grabbed the chair by the desk in Ryshanas room. "It'll take Jack More than a few minutes for him to land this, so we have the time."

stingerhs
02-21-2006, 05:25 PM
"Well, I need to know who I'm serving under. You have to understand that getting a cut on the jobs or even staying under the radar aren't my top priorities. You have a talent for leadership; I can sense as much from you. For me, though, I need to know why I can trust that leadership you have."

starmark2k
02-21-2006, 05:35 PM
As Ryshana talked Nic sat down on the chair, when she was done talking he let out a small laugh. "Well I can tell you three things, I Hate the Empire, I'm a man of my word and you ain't got that many options now, do ya... Now you're a Jedi, i'm sure you know who you can trust."

stingerhs
02-21-2006, 05:48 PM
"Oh, I've had a fairly strong feeling that I can trust you. Its just that sometimes, everybody could use just a little affirmation on things. Its a quality I learned a long time ago.

One thing I do have to ask, though. If you hate the Empire so much, then why do you bother running as a one-ship operation? Why not join the Rebel Alliance?"

starmark2k
02-21-2006, 05:55 PM
"The Rebel Alliance" Nic Laughed "They can't defeat the Empire, Not how they act at the moment. We Both know The Emperor and that lacky of his, Vader, are too Powerful. Even the graetest Jedi failed to stop them. So how can a small group of unorganised 'rebels' do anything and i'm gambler, not even i would back them in this Race."

JasraLantill
02-21-2006, 07:23 PM
In the cargo bay, Beryl was looking over the swoop bikes with Jana.

"Now, this one...," Beryl ran a hand over a red and white swoop bike. "This is suh-weet! Dual thrusters, eight speeds, Phineal glides...." She straddled it and gripped the handles. "Ah...and hyper-sense accelerator grips." She closed her eyes and sighed. "I think I'm in love."

"Best way to sell a swoop is to race it and win on it, you know.” She opened her eyes and looked at Jana. “And this one would be perfect for a demonstration. What do you think?"

Writer
02-21-2006, 08:26 PM
Jana glanced increduluosly from the swoop bike to Beryl. "You are crazy," she commented. "You want to challenge someone in competition?"

She shook her head, but her next words told Beryl what she really thought of the scenario. "I'd take that one over this any day," she remarked, gesturing toward a dark blue bike.

JasraLantill
02-21-2006, 09:14 PM
Beryl grinned. "Great! I'll take the first heat on this one, you can take the second heat on that one. It'll be fun!"

She hopped off the bike and went to look at the blue one. "Yeah, I think you could handle this one. It's got enough thrust, but the stablisers are of higher quality. So, slower, but less likely to crash." She smiled at Jana. "Not that you'll crash or anything, right? You're a TCTA grad!"

Writer
02-21-2006, 09:38 PM
"TCTA don't crash," Jana agreed, amused. "We leave that to the stupid people."

She looked over the blue bike. "And not too much slower, really."

stingerhs
02-21-2006, 10:02 PM
"Its how any movement always starts: disbanded. Eventually, it grows into something that can't be undone. In this case, the Empire is too large to be controlled all at one source. Emperor Palpatine may believe that he is the almighty ruler of the galaxy, but like anyone blinded by power, his shortsightedness will be his undoing. This movement will grow because it cannot be controlled singularly. Once its large enough, organization will come, and that's whenever they will threaten the Empire.

Until then, its a movement that's full of employment opportunities, and all of them are focused against the Empire in one way or the other. To top it all off, they lack organization right now. That means you can come and go as you please. That's why I'm surprised you haven't joined."

JasraLantill
02-21-2006, 10:07 PM
"All you have to do is place," Beryl said to Jana. "It'll be easy on bikes like these. And afterwards, dealers and swoop jockeys will be dying to get their greedy little hands on them." She paused a moment, staring admiringly at the swoop bike she had chosen. "Heck, I would."

She grinned. "Ok, when we land, we'll talk to Rayne and get him to get his deck crew to unload these in the hanger. Then we'll take these two bikes to the swoop track over near Richmond Square. That's where they should get the most notice.

"So," she said, changing the subject, "any particular place or person you want to visit while we're here? I'm sure my brother will invite us to dine with him, but we don't have to accept. Especially if that shutta of wife, Janel, is with him." She rolled her eyes. "That woman is pure trouble. A real spoiled brat! Can't for the life of me figure out why Rayne stays with her, unless it's for the kids' sake." She shivered. "Just keep well out of her way."

ExtreamJedi12
02-21-2006, 10:27 PM
Cloud was sitting around in the common room. He knew he would find Sephiroth. He thought about it and went to the swoops. He seen Jana and Beryl. He approached and said, "Hey, Jana. Hey, Beryl." He clutched the picture in his hand. He put it up to his face and seen Sephiroth (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/45/Sephiroth_art.jpg), the man who broke Cloud's heart and the man who was about to meet his fate at Cloud's blade.

JasraLantill
02-21-2006, 10:30 PM
"Hey, Cloud," Beryl said cheerily. "Want to pick out a swoop and come racing with.... Say, what you got there?" she asked, pointing to the picture.

starmark2k
02-22-2006, 08:37 AM
"Well thats a pretty fine Arguement you got there. Makes me wonder why you ain't in the Rebellions ranks... But you're right i have other reasons against Joining the Alliance, But thats a Story for another day." Nic stood up from the chair. "So any more questions?"

ExtreamJedi12
02-22-2006, 08:42 AM
"Want to pick out a swoop and come racing with.... Say, what you got there?"

"It is a picture of Sephiroth. The guy I told you about when we were making a toast." He glared at the pic. "He is a ruthless killer with no emotion. He kills for the Empire, getting jobs from Vader himself. And sometimes even the head honcho of the Empire. And when he doesn't have a job, he destroys cities for the fun of it. I see him as the pure incarnation of evil."

XoRRoX
02-22-2006, 10:45 AM
When Nic has gaved the message, Oliver turned back to Beryls room to wait. He looked rather disturbed.

stingerhs
02-22-2006, 10:58 AM
"No, not really. I guess there are some things that we'll discover in time about each other. Thank you, Captain," Ryshana stated.

starmark2k
02-22-2006, 01:24 PM
"C'mon we'll be landing soon, The quicker we depart the quicker we can get back and go." Nic Turned around and left Ryshanas room and stepped down the ladder.

JasraLantill
02-22-2006, 03:09 PM
"It is a picture of Sephiroth. .... I see him as the pure incarnation of evil," Cloud said to Beryl.

"And you think he's here on Corellia?" Beryl looked at the picture, then grimaced with disgust. "Yeah. Well. That hair does look pretty evil," she commented. "I'll remember to keep an eye out for him. Keep your comm open. If I see him, I'll let you know." She looked at the picture one more time. "Erm...you're not thinking of going after him alone, are you? I mean, this is Corellia. Home of the best security forces in the Galaxy. Well, as compared to the Empire's bucket heads, anyway. If you need help, not that I'm saying that you will, mind," she added quickly as so not to offend his male ego, "just let me know. I'll round up some reinforcements for you."

She frowned slightly as if she was remembering something. "Erm...I'll be right back, you guys," she said to Jana and Cloud. "Just remembered I've got something to give to Rayne."

She dashed off to her room, wanting to be back in the cargo bay when the ship landed. What she had to give Rayne was in one of her drawers. When she got to her room though, Oliver was there waiting for her by the crates of his Jawa brew.

"Oliver?" she asked hesitantly, noticing his distress. "What's wrong? Having second thoughts about selling off your Jawa brew?"

stingerhs
02-22-2006, 03:54 PM
Ryshana sighed to herself again. I guess it would be better if I had some more suitable clothes on, she thought as she looked down at what she was wearing. A form-fitting brown leather covering that was cut off midway between her chest and her pants made up the top while her pants were also a quite form fitting as well. Although she never really thought about it too often, Ryshana decided to look in the mirror. Studying herself, she realized that although she hadn't lost her beauty with age, she still looked rather plain.

In her lone pack that she brought on board, Ryshana began to rummage around a bit. Whenever she was running from the Imperials with Jeez, she had learned that sometimes one's appearance could easily make a difference in dealings. Grabbing some cleansers, Ryshana stripped off the remains of her clothes, locked the door, and took a quick shower. The cleansers she had were specifically designed to give her skin a bit of radience that would really show off her skin tones.

Finished with the shower, Ryshana dried herself off. She then took what appeared to be a series of black straps out of her bag. She then carefully arranged and then tied them to her lekku so that they appeared to be in a crossing pattern until they reached the curving point near her head where they were tied off. Grabbing a fresh set of brown leather clothes, she put them on fairly quickly.

Finally, she put on a small necklace that drooped slightly from her neck. In the center of the necklace was a small metal ring that appeared to be heavily worn. The ring itself was engraved with an ornamental design, but it lacked any gemstones. Looking into the mirror one last time, Ryshana smiled a bit to herself as she could now see her beauty for what it still was.

Hooking the lightsaber to her belt, Ryshana headed outside of her cabin and went down the ladder into the cargo bay.

XoRRoX
02-23-2006, 04:33 PM
"Oliver?" she asked hesitantly, noticing his distress. "What's wrong? Having second thoughts about selling off your Jawa brew?"

How are you going to deliver it? I'm quite afraid actually, i should have done it myself, i don't want to set you in danger..." he said a little scared. He turned himself around a couple of times to see, if there was any, who could hear the conversation.

starmark2k
02-23-2006, 05:52 PM
The Echo Enteredd the Planets Atmosphere and flew over the City until it came to beryls brothers spaceport. The ship slowed and came to a complete stop before it began to vertically land, its landing gears decended out of the hull and slowly touched the metallic floor.

Nic felt the ship shudder from inside the cargo bay and walked over to the door controls, before he pushed any buttons he turned to those in the Cargo hold "Remember, As Quick as we ca, we don't want to be hear to long... Now time to meet Psycho's Brother." Nic then his the inner air-lock door releace quickly followed by the loading ramp's switch.

JasraLantill
02-24-2006, 01:30 AM
Beryl smiled at Oliver. "Is that what has got you so upset?" she asked, chuckling slightly. She shook her head. "Don't worry! My brother Rayne runs a transport company. A legitimate business, for the most part, but he hates the Empire. He resupplies blockade runners. Smugglers. He's not going to mind fronting a few cases of Jawa brew for you."

She took out a small, cloth wrapped item from her drawer, and the tucked it inside her flight jacket's inside pocket.

The ship rocked a bit.

"Jack's landed us," she said to him, as she hurriedly put on her jacket. "I've got to get to the cargo bay. Don't worry!" she called over her shoulder as she jogged down the corridor.

She slid down the ladder to the cargo bay just as the bay doors were opening. She did a double take as she passed by Ryshana, but then smiled. "Nice outfit," she complimented her.

Beryl was first off the Echo, followed by Nic and Jana. In the hanger of TransMag Corporation, Rayne Quitaan was standing just a few metres away from the end of the cargo ramp, flanked on either side by a couple of his loading dock workers. He was a handsome man, tall and well-built, but much older than Beryl, his sandy brown hair showing streaks of gray along the sides. His expression was stern and business like, but as Beryl approached he couldn't help but grin a little, obviously pleased to see her.

"Rayne!" Beryl called out to him as she walked down the ramp to meet him.

They stared at each other for a moment, then Rayne broke out in a broad smile and they hugged each other. "Good to have you home, sis," he said, patting her on the back.

"Good to be home," she said.

Their embrace over, he stood back and looked at her. "So, how's the Headhunter?" he asked.

"Damaged," she replied. "How's the witch and kids?"

He grinned. "Janel and the boys are fine," he replied. "So, gambing with 'Imperical' formulas again, I see?" trying to sound cross.

Beryl shrugged. "Yeah, well, you know me. Always up for a game."

His expression grew serious. "This isn't a game, Beryl."

She shrugged him off.

Writer
02-24-2006, 02:03 AM
Jana turned to Nic. "No wonder she doesn't listen to us... she won't even listen to family."

Turning to Rayne, she said, "I'm Jana Vincent, first mate of the Echo, somewhat more talkative than the man standing next to me, Captain Nic White."

She grinned at Nic.

JasraLantill
02-24-2006, 02:28 AM
Rayne extended his hand to Jana and then Nic. "My sister's always had a slight 'hearing' problem," he replied to Jana, looking at Beryl askance. "Nice to meet both of you." His eyes suddenly caught sight of Ryshana, and his eyes narrowed pensively. "And this is...?"

"Ryshana," said Beryl, suddenly aware that her brother might have known Ryshana from the Clone Wars. "Our, erm...turret gunner. And that's Cloud, our engineer."

Rayne's eyes didn't leave Ryshana. "Turret gunner. Right." He gave Beryl a look of disbelief, but didn't press the issue. "So, what's your cargo?"

"Swoop bikes," said Beryl. "Think you could unload them for us?" She batted her eyes. "Please?"

Rayne nodded, then motioned to his dock workers. "Make sure you treat this cargo as 'Class A'," he told them. He motioned for Beryl and the others to follow him. "Perhaps we should discuss the dispostion of your cargo and the nature of your repairs in my office." He pointed up to a windowed area that overlooked the loading dock, then headed towards the lift near the bay door, limping slightly.

"War injury," Beryl whispered to Jana.

Once inside the office, Rayne sat down at his desk and then flicked a few buttons. The windows in his office shimmered with a pale green light. "Anti-monitoring field," Rayne explained. "We can talk freely now."

He looked critically at Ryshana. "You may not remember me, but I remember you," he said to her. His gaze turned to Nic and Jana. "Look, I'm not going to ask where, how, or why you have a Jedi on board. Frankly, I don't want to know. But her presence certainly does explain the excessive amount of Imperial comm traffic. I'll help all I can, even give you the use of my personal shuttle while you're here, but you can't stay long. The Imps are looking for you, and it won't be long before they come looking here. I run a legitimate shipping business, but they know that I resupply blockade runners when I can. They can't prove it, but they know. So, just tell me what repairs you need, what supplies I can provide, and what you want to do with that cargo out there and I'll get you on your way. The sooner you leave, the better off we all will be."

starmark2k
02-24-2006, 04:38 AM
"We share the same sentiment, We want to leave as soon as we can... As for supplies and repairs, Your sister had a slight run-in with an 'Eye-ball' and she needs a new targeting computer. The Ship it self just needs to be re'fueler and re-charged, so i would appreciate you do that... and although it goes without saying, keep the people who know we're here to a minimum, I'm sure you don't want to be visiting your sister in a imperial prison. Other than that all the Crew have Buisness to deal with so we need to leave this facility, I trust the ship and its contents are safe."

JasraLantill
02-24-2006, 07:41 AM
"No safer place on Corellia for a wanted ship than right here," said Rayne. "Refueling's not a problem, and as far as discretion goes, well...the only employees in this particular hanger are ones I trust implicitly." He glanced out the window at his crew unloading the Echo. "Even so, I try to keep 'knowledge' down to the bare minimum. Safer for them, and for me, if you know what I mean."

He gave Beryl a look, not unlike one of Jana's. "Targeting computer, eh? That's in the nosecone, if I'm not mistaken. Cutting things a little close, were you?"

"I was landing," Beryl said defensively. "Wasn't much I could do."

"Uh-huh," Rayne muttered skeptically. "I'll have it fixed," he said turning back to Nic. "Along with anything else you might need." He looked at Beryl. "On condition that I can have a private word with my sister before you leave."

Beryl nodded. "Sure."

"Again, feel free to use my personal shuttle while you're here, Nic. It'll make it easier to get through any checkpoints the Imp's might have." He reached in his desk and pulled out a card key which he handed to Nic. "This will override the voice recognition locks. Go, take care of any business you have. The Echo should be ready when you return."

ExtreamJedi12
02-24-2006, 08:41 AM
Cloud went to Rayne's personal shuttle. It looked like a nice piece of equipment. He looked around the place. Seemed like his own spaceprt back home. Perfect.
__________________________________________________ _______________

In the distance, a man with a long sword, long white hair, green eyes, and black clothing with shining sholder pads. That man was known throughout the Galaxy as Sephiroth. He was eyeing a starport in the distance. "Hmm...." he thought. "Should I destroy it from here or go in ane see the faces of the people as I kill them?" He pondered to himself for awhile. "I'll see the faces." He sensed a familiar somebody in that starport. "Cloud Strife. The only man that got away from me. Not this time." He ran as fast as he could to the starport. (He can run very fast so he would leave this giant cloud of sand behind him. I someone else to spot him.)

XoRRoX
02-24-2006, 09:52 AM
Oliver followed Cloud to the shuttle. Oliver tried to look very interested in the shuttle, but he didn't actually care. " Cloud musen't know about Nic's order" he thought.
Oliver was completly sure, that Beryl could handle the deal. But he didn't like, that he was going to put someone else in danger. He was brought up to handle all things himself - but hey, he wasen't a stupid farmer anymore. But he didn't like this either.

Writer
02-24-2006, 01:59 PM
"Your look could use a little work," Jana joked, looking to Rayne. She gave him her 'look'. "Like this, see?" Then, "Thanks for all your help."

Turning to Beryl, she said, "Shall we run off somewheres?" She glanced over to the two swoop bikes they'd set aside.

steven
02-24-2006, 02:22 PM
Jack came behind Cloud who was looking at a shuttel. "Looks like someone knows how to make a ship. It's got a good hull plating, good engines and good weapons." He said. It wasnt like Jack for small talk "Cloud, can I have a word with you about whats-his-face?"

XoRRoX
02-24-2006, 02:25 PM
Oliver looked on Jack with a Don't say-a-word face. "Nic didn't saied something about, that he should know it" he thought to himself.

JasraLantill
02-24-2006, 04:33 PM
"Shall we run off somewheres?" Jana glanced over to the two swoop bikes they'd set aside.

Rayne followed Jana’s gaze out the window to the two swoops. Then his eyes narrowed and he gave Beryl a sideways look. “Beryl, you’re not planning to…?” He shook his head, then held up his hands in surrender. “Nevermind,” he said. “I don’t think I want to know.”

“Probably not,” Beryl replied, grinning. “I’ll catch up to you in a second, Jana. I want a word with Rayne in private, if you don’t mind.”

Writer
02-24-2006, 04:38 PM
Jana nodded. "Of course."

She turned and left.

starmark2k
02-24-2006, 05:06 PM
Nic Left With Jana and signaled to Ryshana to follow, He held Rayne's key in his hand and began to walk closly next to Jana. "Ever get the feeling someone's being too helpful?" he said with a concerned look on his face. Nic then held out his hand to stop Jana. "Look i know this guy is Beryls brother and al, but... Watch your back, I have a bad feeling about this."

Writer
02-24-2006, 05:10 PM
"I'm more concerned with Cloud's feeling that Sephiroth is here," Jana said quietly. She looked up at Nic. "I know you very well; who do you have keeping an eye on him?"

stingerhs
02-24-2006, 05:17 PM
Ryshana followed Nic outside the office. Ever since they arrived, Ryshana could feel a kind of churning inside of her. She knew that something was stirring, and she could feel it in the Force. It didn't help that this brother of Beryl knew who she was. Ryshana had remembered seeing him before, but she had yet to figure out where she saw him before.

As Nic turned and talked softly to Jana, Ryshana could easily overhear since she was so close. "I don't know if this is a good time to speak up or not, but I haven't been feeling at ease since the first Imperial attack midway between the space station and Alderaan. Now that we're here, the feeling has been intensifying quite a bit. Something is wrong. I can feel it," Ryshana stated quietly to Jana and Nic.

starmark2k
02-24-2006, 05:21 PM
Nic looked at the two women. "O.K, I ain't had much experiance with Jedi 'feelings' so i don't know what that could mean, but i've had a feeling that troubles been bruing since Alderaan, somthing is going happen." He changed his focus to Jana. "I've got Jack and Impe keeping watch. They should be fine, to be honest i ain't sure he is here."

stingerhs
02-24-2006, 05:41 PM
"When somebody like you has a bad feeling, that comes from intuition and cognitive reasoning. Whenever I say I have a bad feeling, that has a lot more to do with the Force than with me. Something here is looking to cause a lot of trouble, so it might be a good idea to leave before trouble finds us."

JasraLantill
02-24-2006, 05:50 PM
Now alone with her brother, Beryl pulled out the small cloth wrapped bundle from her jacket. She handed it to Rayne. "Found this when I was piloting the Vindicator. Right before she was impounded and I joined up with Nic and the Echo." She paused as he unwrapped the small data disc. "Not sure if the information is current or not, but there's something on there you should see."

Rayne slid the tiny disc into a slot on his desk. A hologram of a ship's log began to play. An Imperial ship's log.

Rayne watched as the ship went through a battle drill. There were portions missing, and the image clarity wasn't that great, but Rayne recognised one of the officers. He closed his eyes, sighed sadly, then stopped the player.

"Thanks," he said to her. "I'll give this to one of my contacts. It's dated, but there still might be some information of value on it that they can use.” He glared at her. “You do realise that having this aboard your ship is almost as dangerous as having your ‘turret gunner’. You need to be more careful, Beryl. I know you think this is a game, but the Empire plays for keeps."

Beryl frowned at Rayne. "Is that all you're going to say?"

"What do you want me to say?" Rayne said irritably. "He's made his choice. I've made mine. And you, apparently, have made yours."

"But...?"

"There is nothing you can do about it, Beryl. Just leave it be!"

With a dissatified look, Beryl turned to leave. "Fine," she said curtly.

"Beryl...."

"No, no," she said, waving her hand. "You're right. You're always right. Dad always said so."

Rayne sighed. "Beryl, please.... Just leave it be. You'll only bring yourself heartache if you pursue this. You have to know that."

Beryl sighed. "I know."

"Look, my offer's still open," Rayne said, rising from his chair.

"I know." She looked down through the window at Jana, Nic, and Ryshana standing by the swoops. "But I can't leave them. Not now. They need me." She turned back to him and gave him a weak smile. "Plus I don't think I'm quite 'captain' material, if you know what I mean."

He smiled at her. "I know." He reached out his arm, and she responded by hugging him. "But you're my little sister. It's my job to look out for you."

"And you're my eldest brother," she replied, breaking off from him. Then she grinned. "It's my job to irritate you."

"A job you do quite well," he said, giving her a disapproving look. “I just wish you would reconsider. You could do better. And with all this attention from the Empire….” He sighed. “It’s dangerous, Beryl. Come and work for me. Leave the Echo. Nic seems like a capable guy. He can find another pilot.”

Beryl snorted. "Jana's right. You need to practice your ‘look’ more." She headed for the door. "I’ll be fine. I can take care of myself." She paused at the door. "If I don't have time to see you before we leave, say hello to the boys and mother for me, will ‘ya?"

"I will. And, Beryl?” His look grew very serious. “Watch yourself."

Beryl smiled. "I will."

She headed off to meet Jana and the others.

"...so it might be a good idea to leave before trouble finds us," Ryshana was saying as Beryl approached.

"What? We're leaving? No swoop racing?" Beryl said, giving an anxious look at Nic and Jana, then a longing look at the red & white swoop bike.

starmark2k
02-24-2006, 06:06 PM
"No we have business to take care of first, However try to keep your racing low-key, We don't need any unwanted attention." Nic looked around and saw Rayne's shuttle then at Ryshana. "So we better get moving." He turned to Beryl and Jana "Watch each other's backs." Nic turned and walked towards the shuttle.

ExtreamJedi12
02-24-2006, 06:22 PM
Sephiroth stopped at the entrence of the port. He stepped inside, alerting one of the hands that worked there. "Hey." the stationhand said. "Are you lost or something?" Sephiroth looked at him and stabbed him in the heart with the sword he was carrying. "Pathetic worker." He said aloud. The stationhand, still alive for the moment, pushed a button on his uniform, causing alarms to go off. He raised his blaster and attempted to shoot Sephiroth in the head. Sephiroth moved his head to the side, causing the shot to miss. "Arogent little pest. Aren't you?" Sephiroth remarked before moving on. He finally went up a ladder that led him infront of Cloud.
__________________________________________________ _______________

Cloud heard Jack say something about a "whats-his-face". He probably ment Sephiroth. "Small talk isn't like you, Jack." Cloud said. Then, after a while of wondering where to start, alarms went off. Cloud was wondering what was wrong. Suddenly, he knew. Sephiroth was standing infront of him.

(Sorry for making this a little "ahead-of-schedule".)

JasraLantill
02-24-2006, 06:23 PM
"Low key?" Beryl thought for a moment. "Low key?" She looked at Jana. "Now that's a challenge. How are we expected to place in a race and be low key?" She shrugged, and started up her bike. "Figure it out when we get there, I suppose. C'mon Jana, let's fly!"

The alarms in the building started to go off.

"That's not low key," Beryl muttered.

stingerhs
02-24-2006, 11:57 PM
Ryshana quickly followed close behind Nic towards the shuttle. "So, who exactly are we meeting up with? I take it you've seen him before about..." Ryshana started to say. She was interupted by alarms going off. Looking forward, she was about to reach for her lightsaber as she instinctively knew that she might need it.

XoRRoX
02-25-2006, 04:21 AM
Oliver turned himself around, when the alarm started. He could se this guy standing in front of Cloud, and Oliver took his little blaster from his pocket. This time he turned it the right way.

"What are you doing here!?"

starmark2k
02-25-2006, 04:57 AM
Nic looked around then back at Ryshana. "Thats our cue to get moving, C'mon!" Nic then ran to the shuttle and began the Start-up sequance.

steven
02-25-2006, 06:42 AM
"Never mind" Said Jack as he pulled out his heavy blaster and aimed at Sephiroth. "Do you wanna kill this punk or shall I make things quick and shoot him now?"

ExtreamJedi12
02-25-2006, 08:55 AM
Sephiroth looked at the people in the room. "If you must know why I am here, I have come to settle the score with young Cloud, the only man who lived in a fight agenst me. We have a little past together that we want to 'patch up'." Cloud looked at Jack. "He's mine." Cloud looked at Sephiroth. Sephiroth glared. "Shall we start the duel?" Sephiroth said, getting into a dueling stance. "We shall," Cloud started. "But not here. I want this to take place where no harm will come to people." "Same old Strife." Sephiroth said angered. "OK. Meet me in the desert in 5 minutes. If you are not there within the time limit, I will destroy this starport." With that, Sephiroth jumped out a window and ran into the desert. Cloud sighed. "Now is the time of judgement." He said under his breath. "I will go as soon as I am ready." With that, Cloud went into his room to get his sword.

XoRRoX
02-25-2006, 09:17 AM
When Oliver and Clud has the conversation, Oliver suddenly knew what it was about. He knew, that it could kill him. "Don't do it! I'm gonna find the police - you will not stand even a little chance! And that will NOT bring her back. Do you understand me!?" He shouted to Cloud with an tone, that Oliver didn't knew, he acutally haved.

stingerhs
02-25-2006, 10:20 AM
"I'm right behind you!!"

As soon as they were within the shuttle, Ryshana hit the button to close the doors. Then, she quickly ran up to the cockpit. "Are you sure you know how to fly this thing?" Ryshana asked quickly while jumping into the co-pilot's chair.

steven
02-25-2006, 02:06 PM
"Go get him," encorged Jack, completely ignoring Impe "But don't forget to tell him at the start of the fight, that in the small chance he wins, he'll be hunted like a wamp rat." He then handed Cloud his heavy blaster "It's alwase usefull to have a back-up gun. This thing has been usefull to me for the best 10 year."

JasraLantill
02-25-2006, 04:11 PM
Beryl was slightly confused with all the commotion going on around her. Everything seemed to happen so quickly. Alarms were blaring. Guards were running towards the entrance of the hanger. Rayne was barking orders over the intercom at his dock workers. Cloud was shouting at someone she could only assume was this Sephiroth person. Jack and Impe were shouting at Cloud. Nic and Ryshanna scuttled off in the shuttle. And then Sephiroth dove out a window and headed for the beach while Cloud stormed back inside the Echo. And all the while Beryl sat poised on the red & white swoop bike, while Jana stood by hers.

Suddenly, everything went quiet. Beryl looked around. It was that moment of uncomfortable silence that always followed a brush with death.

"So...are we still going to the track?" Beryl asked Jana, with a weak grin.

Jana gave her 'the look'.

"Aw, dammit, Jana!" Beryl slammed her fists down on the bike. "We never get to have any fun around here!" She abruptly powered down the engine and hopped off. "If Cloud doesn't kill that Sephiroth, I will!"

"You'll do no such thing!" Rayne was walking towards them. And he was angry.

"As soon as your captain gets back, I want you out of my hanger!" he said, pointind a finger at Jana. "We've had dealings with that Sephiroth before. He's bad news. Vader's kind of bad news," he added, his eyes narrowing. "I'll do what I can to help you, but you have to leave. And soon!"

Beryl frowned. "Rayne she's only...."

"Beryl, I don't care! I'll have Imp's breathing down my neck soon, and I've got more important things to worry about than your friends!" Taking notice of the look of shock on Beryl's face, he took a deep breath to calm himself. "I'm sorry," he apologised to Jana. "I shouldn't have shouted at you like that. But I've got a dead employee from Vader's lackey and a blockade runner due in here within the hour that I'll have to turn away because of your arrival." He sighed tiredly. "Look, I'll give you retail value minus ten percent for the bikes," he said to Jana. "It's the best I can do. The Headhunter and your ship's stablisers should be fixed within a half and hour. Just take whatever supplies and parts you need and go."

He looked at Beryl. "And I really wish you would reconsider my offer. You'd be a lot safer with me than them."

He walked away, barking orders at his dock foreman as he went.

Jana gave Beryl a different look, but Beryl knew the question behind it.

"He offered me a job," she said quietly. She snorted. "Captain of my own ship, no less." She faced Jana head on. "But it's not the same as piloting a Headhunter. Besides," she grinned, "can you imagine me as a captain?"

starmark2k
02-25-2006, 04:48 PM
As Ryshana Sat down next to him he looked at her with an annoyed look after her comment. "i wouldn't be much of a Merc if i couldn't fly a Shuttle." Nic looked around the control panel. "Now if i can find the Vertical controls we can get going." After a few moments and a couple of tries pressing the woung buttons he found it.

Rayne's shuttle flew away from the city and towards a Moderate sized mansion a few clicks away from Coronet. The Shuttle landed smoothly at the mansions landing pad near the front door. Nic and Ryshana Walked to the door and pressed the door bell, a buttler opened the door and walked them through to the Owners office. When they entered the office, the owner, a Sullustian, was on the Communicator and the Butler left the office.

The Sullustian then pressed a few buttons then looked up at Nic "Well If it isn't Nic White, or are you tired of that name now."

"No My names Fine." Nic said looking around the office. "Looks like business has been good, Venn."

"Yes it has, The Empire has indirectly sent lots of business my way. So why are you here?" The Sullustian asked directing the two Visitors to chairs infront of his desk.

"We need six standard fake I.Ds, the kind that pass standard checks And we need the works, A completely new identity, with databace entries and a full history for my friend here."

"The six ID's i'll charge at the standard rate, But the New Identity for a Twi'lek, That will cost you alot. Hacking the Galactic Databace is harder these days."

ExtreamJedi12
02-25-2006, 10:24 PM
Cloud completely ignored Impe's "words-of-the-wise" thing and listened to Jack's encouraging statment and felt the gun that was in his hands. He was absolutly ready to take down Sephiroth once and for all. "Thanks for the gun and the comment, Jack." Cloud said. "And don't worry, Impe." He then went up to the cockpit. "Listen, Nic. If I'm not back within 5 minutes of leaving time, go without me." With that, he went to the swoops. He seen Beryl and her brother. "Beryl, if I don't come back, go inside my room, move the engine parts in the far left cornor of the room. There should be enough knowledge to arm you and the crew with enough information to stop Sephiroth and more for you." He started. "Only activate it if the Echo leaves without me." After that, he grabs a swoop and drives toward Sephiroth. As he does, he gets some flashbacks of Aerith.

~~FLASHBACK~~

It was a time when everything was going good. Jana was pretty much the same, except she looked younger. Nic was still the same guy. And Impe was always busy in the medbay, working on some stuff. There was only one difference back then. There were only 5 crew members: Nic, Jana, Impe, Cloud, and the lovely pilot, Aerith Gainsborough. It was good times. That was until the Empire's "hit-man" Sephiroth came their way.

XoRRoX
02-26-2006, 05:18 AM
"Jack! You know, what he will do to Cloud, right!? He dosen't have a chance! Aerith will not come back. You are sending him to his grave!" Oliver shouted this time to Jack.
Oliver didn't look freindly towards Jack. Oliver didn't like him at all.

stingerhs
02-26-2006, 10:29 PM
As Ryshana Sat down next to him he looked at her with an annoyed look after her comment. "i wouldn't be much of a Merc if i couldn't fly a Shuttle." Nic looked around the control panel. "Now if i can find the Vertical controls we can get going." After a few moments and a couple of tries pressing the woung buttons he found it."Yes, you know your way around any ship oh so well," Ryshana jabbed quickly with a smile.

As they flew on over, Ryshana couldn't help but to think back to the meditation she had done on the Echo. As far as she could deduce, Ryshana felt that something had happened to Nic back at Naboo. The question is, what happened?? The Force doesn't just give a vision without meaning, Ryshana thought to herself.

It didn't take long for them to arrive at the place. As they landed, Ryshana quickly surveyed the area. It was nice mansion, but Ryshana didn't think too fondly of it. Then again, she had never thought too much about huge mansions and what not. A waste of credits.. she thought as they entered the front door.The Sullustian then pressed a few buttons then looked up at Nic "Well If it isn't Nic White, or are you tired of that name now."

"No My names Fine." Nic said looking around the office. "Looks like business has been good, Venn."

"Yes it has, The Empire has indirectly sent lots of business my way. So why are you here?" The Sullustian asked directing the two Visitors to chairs infront of his desk.

"We need six standard fake I.Ds, the kind that pass standard checks And we need the works, A completely new identity, with databace entries and a full history for my friend here."

"The six ID's i'll charge at the standard rate, But the New Identity for a Twi'lek, That will cost you alot. Hacking the Galactic Databace is harder these days.""Well, 'a lot' doesn't exactly give us a good estimate on the price, does it?" Ryshana asked with a hint of sarcasm.

starmark2k
02-27-2006, 08:48 AM
"ummm, I'm starting to see why your friend needs a 'New Life', she has quite the mouth on her, upset a few too many people i suspect." The Sullustian Deduced

"Somthing like that, but she has a point, how much?"

"You see it's not that easy anymore, UI can't just take that much money, it raises two many question and the next thing you know i have stormies at my door. I need somthing 'clean' in trade for my services." Venn Explained

Nic looked around the room and noticed a few pictures of swoop tracks, Bikes and racers. A large Grin came across his face. "Tell me Venn, Do you like Swoop racing?"

"Yes, I'm Quite a fan."

"Then today is your lucky day. I Have Several Top of th Range Swoops, I can let you have lets say...five for Your services."

Venn thought for a few moments then stood up and held out his hand "you have yourself deal, Mr White. The Fake ID's will be ready with in the hour but 'the works' may take a while, I'll send that on to you. Now if you wait i'll get started." Nic shook the sullustians hand closing the deal allowing Venn to leave the room.

steven
02-27-2006, 12:39 PM
"Jack! You know, what he will do to Cloud, right!? He dosen't have a chance! Aerith will not come back. You are sending him to his grave!" Oliver shouted this time to Jack.
Oliver didn't look freindly towards Jack. Oliver didn't like him at all.

"He'll live." Said Jack "Listen doc. Your an expert when it comes to saving lifes. I'm good when it comes to taking them so incase on the small chance Cloud does die I will hunt him down like a rancor."

XoRRoX
02-27-2006, 02:43 PM
"Well - if he kills Cloud then you won't get a little oppotunity to kill him - he is too hard to track" Oliver mumbled and took a sip from a bottle of juma juice.

steven
02-27-2006, 04:20 PM
"Would be for a drunk like yourself" Said Jack as he began to walk away "But I have alot of experience in tracking people and I have contacts that could find a certain wamp rat in a herd the size of a coruscant building"

XoRRoX
02-27-2006, 04:32 PM
"Well - at least i actually care about others and maybe not to arrogant" he mumbled, with the possibility, that Jack heard it. Oliver walked, slowly, away with and angry face. Not happy at all. "This gonna get real bad".

JasraLantill
02-27-2006, 08:24 PM
"Well, if I knew coming here was going to be this much of a hassle, I wouldn't have come." Beryl crossed her arms and began tapping her foot impatiently. "Well?" she asked Jana. "Everyone's gone. The cargo's just about unloaded. And we're stuck here with the Echo." She let out a sigh. "If we're not going to the swoop track, can we at least do something? Anything? I'm bored."

ExtreamJedi12
02-27-2006, 10:59 PM
(OOC: Sorry I haven't been posting my duel with Sephiroth. I'm trying to get permission to do this one thing from Wildjedi. I won't give any details, but it has to do with Sith powers, a Eta-2 Actis-class light interceptor, and Cloud's fate.)

Writer
02-27-2006, 11:01 PM
Jana sighed. "Nothing that has happened here is our fault," she said calmly. "Were Sephiroth not here, Cloud wouldn't have run off..." Angrily, she pounded her fist against the table and swore. She collapsed into a chair and put her face in her hands. "Some day this turned out to be..."

ExtreamJedi12
02-27-2006, 11:27 PM
Cloud arrived at the beach. He stepped off of the swoop he 'borrowed' from the cargo hold. "Sephiroth!" Cloud shouted. "I'm here! Show yourself!" Suddenly, Sephiroth appeared near a rock. "So you had the guts to show up." Sephiroth told Cloud. He moved in Cloud's direction. "This time, there is no escape." He said to Cloud. Cloud drew his sword that he called the 'Buster Sword'. It gleamed in the sun. "If you do win, be sure to know that you will be hunted down like a womp rat." Cloud said. Sephiroth drew his sword. "Your move, Cloud."

~EDIT~

The duel began. Sephiroth went on the offensive and slashed like crazy at Cloud, trying to cut him to ribbons. But Cloud was able to meet and block every move Sephiroth made. There was a swordlock. Neither were breaking a sweat and neither would break the hold. The pushed as hard as they could. Sephiroth was getting close, but Cloud made a comeback and pushed it back to Sephiroth's face. But then, Sephiroth pushed it back to the middle. They broke the hold and rushed at each other. That was when it happened. Sephiroth's sword broke.

"Impressive, Cloud." said Sephiroth. "But, like any good swordsman, I have another blade." Sephiroth turned around and put his hands in the shape of choking someone. Suddenly, Cloud felt as if Sephiroth was acually choking him. "You see," started Sephiroth. "Instead of credits, I learned the Sith Arts from Darth Vader. The only reason that your Jedi friend, Ryshana, couldn't detect me is that I rarely use these abilities. But, she can sense them now." Clous was in shock. Sith Arts? There was no chance of his standing up agenst a Sith. But then, he remembered that Jango Fett killed Count Dooku's apprentice, Komari Vosa. If he could kill a Sith, so could he. Cloud got up. "You may be a Sith, Sephiroth." Cloud started. "But that is not an excuse for me not killing you!"

Sephiroth activated his red lightsaber. "You have anger. You use it well. It gives you focus." Sephiroth started. "Just like when I killed your love." After hearing that, Cloud yelled and went on the offensive on Sephiroth.

(someone say that they can see the battle.)

XoRRoX
02-28-2006, 09:09 AM
"Hey - look there!" Oliver shouted in the hope, that someone would hear it. Oliver could see this strange red blade flashing around. "Oh no, it must not be a..." he thought to himself, while he runned towards Jana and Beryl.

"Where is there a swoop? Cloud is attacked by a lightsaber!"

stingerhs
02-28-2006, 09:53 AM
"you have yourself deal, Mr White. The Fake ID's will be ready with in the hour but 'the works' may take a while, I'll send that on to you. Now if you wait i'll get started." Nic shook the sullustians hand closing the deal allowing Venn to leave the room.As Ryshana watched Venn leave, she shook her head. "You know? I've met a number of people in my lifetime that would gladly hack the Galactic Database just for the thrill, and yet we have to 'pay' him to do it," Ryshana remarked with a smile on her face. "I surprised you didn't haggle him down to two bikes."

starmark2k
02-28-2006, 01:42 PM
"Normally i would, but we ain't exactly got the time." Nic Turned back around to Ryshana. "and any kid with Access to the Databace can hack it, But you need an expert to actually change sonthing on there and make it look like it was always that way. Venn is the best at doing this, trust me, As soon has he is finished the Imps will think You're Someone else."

stingerhs
02-28-2006, 02:19 PM
"I'm well aware of the issues with hacking the Database. I was with a couple of.. well, never mind. For another time and place, perhaps," Ryshana stated as the smile disappeared. "Let's just hope this gets done swiftly, and then we can be done with this place."

starmark2k
02-28-2006, 02:28 PM
"At last, Somthing we can both agree on." Nic said with a childish Grin.

Writer
02-28-2006, 02:35 PM
"Lightsaber?" Jana exclaimed. "Oh, no..."

She pulled out her comlink and called Nic. "I don't mean to be bothering you, Nic, but it seems Sephiroth has become a Dark Jedi since we saw him last. You're with Ryshana, right? Can't she sense him?"

steven
02-28-2006, 02:41 PM
Jack's voice replied through the com-link "Don't bother trying to help him. Sephiroth claims he planted a bomb in the spaceport and if anyone interfiers the spaceport will be going up in smokes. I'm trying to find the bomb and defuse it."

Writer
02-28-2006, 02:57 PM
((Steven, Jana called Nic directly. Jack wouldn't have heard it.))

starmark2k
02-28-2006, 05:28 PM
"I don't mean to be bothering you, Nic, but it seems Sephiroth has become a Dark Jedi since we saw him last. You're with Ryshana, right? Can't she sense him?"

"Well thats made things interesting." Nic said into the Com-link and turned to Ryshana. "have anything to add to this?"

stingerhs
02-28-2006, 05:45 PM
Ryshana paused for a second at the news. Concentrating on the Force for a second, Ryshana couldn't sense another Force Adept. Instead, all she could feel was a dark shroud that was consistantly there since before the start of the Clone Wars. She could try to pierce it, but it would require a tense meditation to do so. Opening her eyes back up, Ryshana shook her head and sighed.

"The Dark Side shrouds too much for me to know that for sure," Ryshana stated without looking over at Nic. "Sorry, I know that probably doesn't make much sense to you," she said while looking over at Nic. "Look, he'll probably need some help, so if you want me to go..."

starmark2k
02-28-2006, 05:51 PM
"The Shuttle ride is going to be a half hour, It'll be over by then." Nic looked around the room thinking intensly. "<twilek curse>" Nic said walking over to the table, he grabbed a bit of paper and wrote Venn a note. "Come on, He'll have to send them on to us." Nic then began to run out the door.

stingerhs
02-28-2006, 06:08 PM
"I'm right behind you," Ryshana said while running out behind Nic. Getting into the shuttle, Ryshana quickly strapped herself into the copilot's seat. As she looked to the left of her console, she noticed a series of switches for adjusting the engines. Having been well-trained on mechanics, combined with a bit of natural skill, Ryshana set the switches so the engines would put out the maximum thrust without overheating.

"We're set, now lets get moving!"

ExtreamJedi12
02-28-2006, 06:17 PM
Darth Sephiroth started going back. Cloud's eyes burned with rage while they continued to duel. Swing after swing, the flame was getting bigger. Darth Sephiroth had to jump back about ten feet to catch his breath. Sweat was dripping from his face. Cloud wasn't sweating at all. "All that power....." thought Darth Sephiroth. "You are fighting better then I expected." he told Cloud. He then used the Force to disarm Cloud. "You held your weapon too loosely." Then, Darth Sephiroth used Force Push and Cloud fell to the ground. Then he jumped into the air, ready to slash Cloud in half. Time seemed to freeze. "This is it...." thought Cloud. "No it's not." he continued to think. Sudddenly he realized that he still had Jack's gun. He pulled it out and fired. Darth Sephiroth didn't expect this and was hit with the blast directly in the chest. He flew back several feet. Both men laid on the ground. Darth Sephiroth stood up. He was bleeding from the chest, near the left bicep. "This isn't over, Cloud Strife." he shouted. Cloud leaned up and fired another shot that his Darth Sephiroth's leg. DS started to limp away to a swoop. Cloud stood up and went towards his swoop. When Cloud was halfway to his swoop, Darth Sephiroth got on his. "I'll be back." said DS before driving away. Cloud got onto his. "I..... failed." he said before fainting on his swoop.

(Sephiroth's swoop is slower then the one Cloud is using.)

Writer
02-28-2006, 06:50 PM
Jana looked up at Beryl. "You want something to do?" She smirked. "Well, seeing as we're left with nothing outside the ship to do, would you care to help me clean my room?"

Her smirk turned into a wide grin. "Or perhaps we should just ignore the mess that is my room and do an 'Us vs. Empire' scenario on the fight sim?"

JasraLantill
02-28-2006, 08:25 PM
Beryl stared deadpan at Jana. "Is that even a real question?" she asked. A slow grin appeared on her face. "I'll go and get the sim unit." She rose from the table in the common room and headed for her room.

Once there, she noticed Oliver's Jawa Brew. "Damn," she said, frowning. "Forgot to ask Rayne about this." She strode down to the cargo bay where one of the dock workers was unloading the last of the swoops. "Hey, I've got some crates of bottles in my room. Mind if you unload those as well?"

The dock worker gave her a skeptical look. "Bottles of what?"

"Jawa brew," she replied, matter-of-factly. "Really strong Jawa brew," she added.

The man raised an eyebrow. "Oh?" He sidled over to her. "Erm...I could take the crates off your hands."

"I bet you could," Beryl snorted. "But Rayne will handle it."

"Look," the man said conspiritorially, "I know Rayne's your brother and all, but he won't give you as good a price as I can." He looked around and over his shoulder. "Don't know if you know this or not, but there's a shortage of 'beverages' at the moment. If the stuff's as strong as you say, I'll give you 20 credits a bottle. Just, don't tell Rayne. He's not keen on us making deals on our own, if you know what I mean."

"I think I do," said Beryl. She took a moment to consider. Twenty credits was probably double what Oliver had paid for them. "Thirty credits a bottle and you got yourself a deal."

"Done," the man said quickly.

"Done? But you didn't even haggle with me." Beryl shook her head. "If I had known the shortage was that bad, I would have started at fifty."

The man grinned. "Which is your room?"

"Follow me," said Beryl.

She led him to her room, and pointed to the crates. "Take those two first," she said, pointing to the ones that were obstructing her access to the flight simulator. "I'll move the rest into the corridor."

With the last case removed, Beryl returned to the common room with the flight sim. She tossed Jana a visor, sim belt and gauntlets, then sat down in one of the comfy chairs in the corner of the room. "Let the games begin," she said to Jana, as she readied herself for some serious simming.

starmark2k
03-01-2006, 11:18 AM
The Shuttle took off from the mansion and began to fly towards the Starport. A half hour later the Shuttle landed in side raynes spaceport, nic quickly disenbarked and ran over to Jana and Beryl. "What's going on?"

(( OOC-Can EJ, WJ and Jasra check the disccussion thread Please.))

XoRRoX
03-01-2006, 12:17 PM
"Why did they lightsaber flash suddenlt stop?" Oliver thought to himself, while he realised what was happen. Cloud was of course killed!
Oliver runned to the nearest swooprenter, and rented a swoop. he thereafter drove to where, he saw the red flashes. ´
He saw Cloud was laying on his swoop, and Oliver chakec quickly his puls. He was still alive, but fainted. "I must take him back to the starport" he thougt to himself and began to drove him and Cloud back the starport, without knowing that Sepritoth was fleeing.

JasraLantill
03-01-2006, 05:00 PM
"What's going on?"

Beryl quite suddenly shut off her sim unit, and removed her visor. Nic looked, well, upset about something.

"Erm...nothing," she replied quickly to Nic, thinking that she might be in trouble for something that she may or may not have done but didn't want to ask about in case she had. "Cargo's unloaded, ship's repaired, Headhunter's got a new targeting system installed. My brother's acting kind of...well, weird. He wants us to leave as soon as possible. So Jana and I were just waiting here in the common room for everyone to get back so we could go." She looked at Jana, wondering if she had anything to add.

Writer
03-01-2006, 05:37 PM
"Everything's getting a little messed up, here Nic," Jana said. "Cloud's run off after Sephiroth and I'm going to assume he left Jack and Impe behind as Impe was around here somewhere..." She glanced around. "But he seems to have run off again. I have no idea where Jack is."

((Out of curiosity, Steven, why is it Jack seems to know everything that's going on around the ship? Did he bug the entire place or something?? Though Jana and Beryl were in Jana's room when they fought, Jack somehow knew and scolded them about it... it's kinda creepy! Cut it out! :eek: ))

steven
03-01-2006, 06:10 PM
((Beg your pardon?))

"I'm where I usually am" Came Jack's voice from the north of the ship "Just waiting for the captain to give the go-ahead so we can get off this rock"

Writer
03-01-2006, 06:29 PM
((Back on page 3, Beryl and Jana got in a fight. At the top of page 4, you had Jack scold them over the intercom... but as Beryl and Jana are in Jana's room with the door closed, it doesn't make much sense for him to be scolding them... unless he has the entire ship bugged and monitors the cameras and stuff at all times... unlikely, but I let it slide because Jasra had already responded to Jack by the time I saw what you'd posted.

Just saying it's kinda creepy with Jack seeming to know everything that goes on around the ship. And now, the RP portion of this long explanatory post :D ))

"Still waiting on Cloud and Impe," Jana called to Jack. "Soon as Cloud gets back and gets the engines running, we can leave. I'll let you know."

ExtreamJedi12
03-01-2006, 09:54 PM
~LATER~

Cloud wakes up in a bed. He sees a white light. He wonders if he died and this was the 'big starship-in-the-sky'. He wanted to move, but he couldn't. Then, he seen a face. It looked like Aerith. His vision got better and he seen that it was Beryl. Cloud then looked at his surrounding. All of the crew members were around him. He leaned up and spoke only 2 words falling flat on his back: "What happened?"

(He didn't faint. He's just scratched up and bloody after the fight, so he's tired.)

starmark2k
03-02-2006, 08:35 AM
"We were hoping you could answer that." Nic explained and turned to Jack. "Get us moving, Beryls brother told us to leave already... we better oblige. Take us to Bespin, we should be able to get work there."

steven
03-02-2006, 02:28 PM
((You seem to be a bit slow there WJ))

Jack grunted in reply and he brought the ship out of the spaceport and into space.
What's those stupid cordinantes? Jack checked the nav-computer but that was next to useless "errm..dose anyone know the cordinates to bespin? The nav-thingy doesn't seem to have them." He called out.

((Say Jana or Nic comes and noticed the imperal fleet with we're still doing that))

Writer
03-02-2006, 05:52 PM
((Slow? Slow on what? And look to the discussion thread for the events of the next couple of posts.))

XoRRoX
03-03-2006, 11:31 AM
"Well - i found you out in the desert. I have stopped the bleeding, and you should be ready soon enough." Oliver replied, while he took to his head.