PDA

View Full Version : Knights of the Old Republic's Cut Content

The Doctor
02-11-2006, 11:37 PM
As I'm sure many of you are aware, there was cut content from KotOR, too, though not to the same extent as TSL.
The cut content from KotOR includes:

1) The Taris arena fighter Deadeye Duncan, who survived the events of the planet, would show up in Manaan and ask for rights to use the name "Mysterious Stranger".
- I believe this has been restored, though I'm not sure.

2) An alternate ending for darkside females, in which the player can choose to kill Bastila Shan and die on the Star Forge along with Carth Onasi.
- I know this has been restored, but by whom, I forget at the moment.

3) The planet Sleheyron, along with its corrosponding Star Map, mentioned as the volcanic planet in the Dantooine computer.

4) An extension of the Taris Swoop Bike quest, in which a second level exists in the Vulkar base, and the player has to disguise himself as a Vulkar to infiltrate the level.

The last two are still missing from the game, as far as I know. I was wondering if it would be possible for these things to be restored. I don't know if they were left in the game's files, and I cannot check (KOTOR Tool won't work right). Is it possible?

And if someone could provide me with links to the first two, I would appreciate it.

Det. Bart Lasiter
02-11-2006, 11:46 PM
I'm fairly sure that BioWare didn't leave enough content in to properly restore anything in the case of Sleheyron and the other Black Vulkar module. Perhaps when the model format is cracked, someone can restore them :)

ChAiNz.2da
02-11-2006, 11:47 PM
Deadeye Duncan on Manaan by Darth333
http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/5410.html

Alternate DS Dialogue by JdNoa
http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/5326.html

Not sure about the last two, as Bioware seemed to clean up their mess a little better than OE ;) They left the galaxy map location (I believe) but I don't think any of the area modules are available...

You would almost have to re-work Kashyyyk or some other swamp-ish planet in order toget the right "feel"... at least I believe it was supposed to be swampy :giveup:

Det. Bart Lasiter
02-11-2006, 11:49 PM
Sleheyron seems to have been the inspiration for M4-78, it was supposed to be a more urban/industrial planet.

The Doctor
02-11-2006, 11:49 PM
Actually, Sleheyron was supposed to be volcanic.
The planet Sleheyron, along with its corrosponding Star Map, mentioned as the volcanic planet in the Dantooine computer.
Well then, I guess I'll have to live without them. Thanks for the links, ChAiNz!

goldberry
02-12-2006, 12:49 PM
Maybe an email to Bioware... a lovely... begging email...

Anyone think that asking bioware for what they have that wasn't released, because they do support modding in general, and who knows? They're office party might be today and everyone may be p***ed.

Who wants to beg?

Darth InSidious
02-12-2006, 01:41 PM
Sleheyron was volcanic/industrial, actually, looking at the skyboxes :)

I don't think grovelling to Bioware would do anything. Its not their decision, but LA's, AFAIK.

There is virtually nothing left of Sleheyron except a few models and some textures. Maybe some walkmesh. No lightmaps, no dialogue, people, modules, VOs, scripts, anything.

As for the other level to the Vulkar base, it'd be virtually impossible to restore since you'd have to create an entirely different way to get Mission and Zaalbar/ create entirely new recruitable characters with entirely new backstories, and again, AFAIK, no VOs.

stoffe
02-12-2006, 03:06 PM
Maybe an email to Bioware... a lovely... begging email...

Anyone think that asking bioware for what they have that wasn't released, because they do support modding in general, and who knows? They're office party might be today and everyone may be p***ed.

I would assume that Bioware only supports modding when it's a feature of the product in question. I doubt LucasArts are the deciding factor on this.

In Neverwinter Nights, 3rd party modding was on the bullet list of selling points, thus they provided a toolset, some technical documentation and discussion forums for the community for the purpose.

In KotOR by contrast, modding was not a planned feature or selling point, and as such is no more supported by Bioware than modding the Baldurs Gate series was (where all modding tools were developed by the community without any help from Bioware).

Besides, they didn't remove these things from the game by accident, they did so for a reason. Some fans sending them pleading emails will most likely not cause them to rethink those reasons. :)

Jackel
02-12-2006, 03:54 PM
The extra Vulkars base level is still in the game. But you have to warp to it.

It is either tar_10aa or tar_10ab , pretty sure it is tar_10ab though. Oh well easy enough to find out if someone warps there.

The elevator to the level was replaced with the weapon storage area inside the front door to the base.

Master Kavar
02-12-2006, 04:03 PM
It's ironic that this thread popped up, since I had taken it upon myself to search for missing/cut content in the game just yesterday ^_^;. The bigger ones have already been mentioned but I know a few more things that could be restored (should anyone feel so inclined).

1. In the fight with Rulan Prolack (the shape changing alien you're sent to kill for the Genoharadan), he always transforms into Jolee. However it seems he was at one time meant to transform into any one of your NPC's, even your PC.

2. An alternate way into the Sith base on Taris, the Jr. Sith officers you meet in the cantina offered to sell you a pass card into the base at the party for an alternate way in without T3.

3. As a "reward" for rescuing Shen and Rahasia, the PC had the option to make an... indecent proposal (Shen for female PC, Rahasia for male) shortly before Ahlan and Nurick show up.

4. Another alternate ending? In what I assume is a DS ending, Bastila mentions that the Star Forge is damaged and about to be destroyed, and you flee to the Ebon Hawk.

5. An arguement between a Master and apprentice on Dantooine. The student is angry because his master won't allow him to practise with a lightsaber. I think this was meant as an early/alternate tutorial on vibroblades (the one Trask gives you).

6. Korriban Starmap, just about every NPC had a line about the map you found in Naga Sadows tomb. While this isn't exactly "cut", it's impossible to access since you can't bring your party with you.

7. The Sith patrol you meet in the Undercity was at one time in the sewers (or possibly it was a second patrol), and were much harder to fool (you'd have to show your papers and then pass a persuade check).

8. A little bit of unused dialogue near the begining, Carth tells the PC to go back to sleep until your injuries heal...but I guess that's hardly worth restoring.

9. There was interesting stuff on Manaan. I think at one point you were supposed to recieve a side quest to find out what happened to an Echani mercenaries friends, and even a pazaak tournament?

10. More bits of dialogue seem to suggest that Jolee and the PC were meant to fight together in the Shadow Lands before he officially joined your party. Perhaps against the Katarns you see him kill?

11. On the Leviathan there was supposed to be a quick cutscene where Carth, Bastila, and the PC are shown being taken prisoner by the Sith boarding party...I think.

That's pretty much all I got so far, but I'm still not done checking. Still, restoring some of this content might make for a fun little project. I know I'm not up to this level of modding yet though. >_>

The Doctor
02-12-2006, 04:10 PM
The extra Vulkars base level is still in the game. But you have to warp to it.

It is either tar_10aa or tar_10ab , pretty sure it is tar_10ab though. Oh well easy enough to find out if someone warps there.

The elevator to the level was replaced with the weapon storage area inside the front door to the base.

uhm... no, it's not still there. I just tryed it. Nothin. Zip. Zilch. Nada. I'll ask that somebody else try it before I accuse anybody of anything ;)

Jackel
02-12-2006, 04:13 PM
uhm... no, it's not still there. I just tryed it. Nothin. Zip. Zilch. Nada.
Well I don't know whats up with your version then as I know I have been there before. And done the quests the level has. And no I am not lying.

T7nowhere
02-12-2006, 06:42 PM
It's there, But the module is tar_m10ab.

Kha
02-12-2006, 06:55 PM
There is also a sound file that Carth teachs you how to use a droid that was supposed to allow you transit between the Taris City levels.

The Doctor
02-12-2006, 11:23 PM
Well, since the module is there, would it be possible to add it back back into the game, so that you can access it normally?

Det. Bart Lasiter
02-13-2006, 12:10 AM
^^^^
There wouldn't be too much in there that would fit with the story, as most of it was removed from the retail version.

zadi
02-13-2006, 04:47 AM
This topic reminds me of a "glitch" I found the last time I played the game.

On Manaan, you talk to the Irodonian merchanary and after you say your line to him he replies with something and the screen remains "blank." Blank as in you can't say anything to him, he doesn't say anything to you but you can't reload the game and have to shut it down with Alt+F4. I'll have to double check what the lines in question were to tell you where this "glitch" happened.

Found the glitch.

You ask the Irodonian, "How many credits would it take to make your business my business?" He replies, "This is the way of this water world, is it not? Pathetic creatures barganing with credits for what they cannot seize through strength. My people are warriors, not sniveling merchants." Then your character is suppose to reply but doesn't and you have Alt+F4 to exit the game. Any modder know if there was supposed to be a line there or if it was supposed to exit the conversation?

lactose_
02-13-2006, 09:47 AM
^^^^

I've gotten that too, I just assumed that there was something wrong with the text as it doesn't show up.

But I didn't have to quit the game, all I did was press the correct number button that was supposed to correspond to the PC's answer. The conversation will then go on as normal.

T7nowhere
02-13-2006, 02:35 PM
6. Korriban Starmap, just about every NPC had a line about the map you found in Naga Sadows tomb. While this isn't exactly "cut", it's impossible to access since you can't bring your party with you.

What do you mean you can't bring your party with you? The only place you can't take your party is into Naga Sadows tomb and in the tomb the only npc's in the tomb are Uthar and Yuthura and they tell you to go to the Starmap.

During the rest of the time on Korriban you can take anyone you like except Bastila, but if you have my Bastila on Korriban mod then you can take her too.

5. An arguement between a Master and apprentice on Dantooine. The student is angry because his master won't allow him to practise with a lightsaber. I think this was meant as an early/alternate tutorial on vibroblades (the one Trask gives you).

Do you know the name of the dialog and in which module it's in?

The_Maker
02-13-2006, 02:41 PM
Thats what he meant T7.

The Korriban Starmap is IN Naga Sadow's tomb but for you to complete the trials you must go alone ;). If you look in the Naga Sadow module with Kotor tool you can see a lot of your party members had reactions when you found it (The Starmap). Ones I can name off the top of my head are Jolee, Mission, and Carth.

mjpb3
02-13-2006, 06:14 PM
You know, what I'd like to see is a good mod to recruit Yuthura after saving her on Korriban, you know, when she shows up on Dantooine. It would be nice to see her join you as a lightsider. (Or even a gray-sider)

Also, if I'm not mistaken, wasn't Kel Algwinn supposed to show up on Dantooine? There's dialog there, but no Kel. Could that be added in?

Plus, there seems to have been a hutt that was supposed to be on Dantooine... could that go anywhere?

Tanesh
02-13-2006, 06:26 PM
Also, if I'm not mistaken, wasn't Kel Algwinn supposed to show up on Dantooine? There's dialog there, but no Kel. Could that be added in?
But he does show up on Dantooine. I believe it was in the area where you build your lightsaber. Can't remember correctly, Korriban was usually one of the last planets I visited.

mjpb3
02-13-2006, 06:31 PM
But he does show up on Dantooine. I believe it was in the area where you build your lightsaber. Can't remember correctly, Korriban was usually one of the last planets I visited.

He does!? Well, that's a new one to me...

Huh, I thought I had played Kotor every which way but
upside down, and don't recall him ever showing up in
any of my games... in ANY of my many many games...

Tanesh
02-13-2006, 07:03 PM
I played only two or three games as lightsider with Korriban so early that I was able to visit Dantooine afterwards, so I could mix up some details, but he was there. And I'm 90% sure he was in the area where the workbench is. I think he's wearing a blue Jedi robe.

T7nowhere
02-13-2006, 07:25 PM
Thats what he meant T7.

The Korriban Starmap is IN Naga Sadow's tomb but for you to complete the trials you must go alone ;). If you look in the Naga Sadow module with Kotor tool you can see a lot of your party members had reactions when you found it (The Starmap). Ones I can name off the top of my head are Jolee, Mission, and Carth.

Oh, ok. I can understand why the dev's forced you to leave your party members behind. it would be far to easy if they came with you and it wouldn't really make a whole lot of sence.

However I'm sure it's possible to change.

mjpb3
02-13-2006, 07:30 PM
You mean having party members with you, because someone made that mod:
http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/7073.html

If this isn't what you meant, just ignore my ranting ;P

mjpb3
02-13-2006, 07:40 PM
I played only two or three games as lightsider with Korriban so early that I was able to visit Dantooine afterwards, so I could mix up some details, but he was there. And I'm 90% sure he was in the area where the workbench is. I think he's wearing a blue Jedi robe.

Well, that is definately a new one to me :eek:

I never knew that!

But of course I only ever returned to Dantooine just a few times.

I'll have to try this next time I play.

Thanks for the heads up :)

Master Kavar
02-13-2006, 10:11 PM
T7, the Master and Apprentice scene I was reffering to occurs in module "danm13_s.rim", the Master's name is Tarelook and the apprentice is Garrum, and if I'm reading it right I think the master was a Twi'lek. After the arguement played it seems like you could talk to Tarelook about the Jedi Code, the tainted grove, and all that stuff.

deathdisco
02-14-2006, 01:15 AM
You know, what I'd like to see is a good mod to recruit Yuthura after saving her on Korriban, you know, when she shows up on Dantooine. It would be nice to see her join you as a lightsider. (Or even a gray-sider)

There is a mod to recruit Yuthura on Korriban.
http://alvin777t.tripod.com/
The only problem with Dantooine is that it would limit you to have to go to Korriban early, since it's not available after the Leviathan.

mjpb3
02-14-2006, 01:22 AM
There is a mod to recruit Yuthura on Korriban.
http://alvin777t.tripod.com/
The only problem with Dantooine is that it would limit you to have to go to Korriban early, since it's not available after the Leviathan.

yes, I knew of this one, but IIRC, it doesn't have dialog, or some such?

I was asking about a fully 'dialoged' mod.

Oh, and I always go to Korriban 2nd anyway, so it wouldn't bother me :D

zadi
02-14-2006, 05:30 AM

He is indeed there. Korriban is typically my last planet despite that it's the second one I go to (but I don't do the last Tomb until after I discover I'm Revan). Luckily I had it saved right before going to the Tomb so I went back to Dantooine and sure enough Kel was there in the training room.
http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/7089/kelalgwnn4pi.th.jpg (http://img226.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kelalgwnn4pi.jpg)

What strikes me odd is that Yuthura is still in her Sith uniform!
http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/7889/yuthuraban3ts.th.jpg (http://img125.imageshack.us/my.php?image=yuthuraban3ts.jpg) http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/7899/yuthuraban20ib.th.jpg (http://img104.imageshack.us/my.php?image=yuthuraban20ib.jpg)

Jackel
02-14-2006, 07:12 AM
What strikes me odd is that Yuthura is still in her Sith uniform!
Would take a little bit of modding, but she should be able to be put in to a robe or something similar. Maybe a nice set of armour ..

I haven't got K1 installed (its on my hard drive but as I switched comps it isn't working) but it should be an easy fix to make. One utc change, one appearance.2da change.

Might have to learn to use that Patcher prog and make the change. Hmm, let me take a look (and then get completely confused with it) and I will make it so Yuthura is wearing a robe of some sort on Dantooine.

Edit: Changed the utc file. Made the robe. Made a new texture for the robe. :D Now to learn how to use the patcher! *cries*

mjpb3
02-14-2006, 09:29 AM
He is indeed there. Korriban is typically my last planet despite that it's the second one I go to (but I don't do the last Tomb until after I discover I'm Revan). Luckily I had it saved right before going to the Tomb so I went back to Dantooine and sure enough Kel was there in the training room.

Well, tar and feather me and call me 'Big Bird' :) I never knew he showed up there. That is definately a new one to me.

Thanks for the pic :) I am going to have to try that out next time I play.

Master Kavar
02-14-2006, 01:03 PM
Would take a little bit of modding, but she should be able to be put in to a robe or something similar. Maybe a nice set of armour ..

I haven't got K1 installed (its on my hard drive but as I switched comps it isn't working) but it should be an easy fix to make. One utc change, one appearance.2da change.

Might have to learn to use that Patcher prog and make the change. Hmm, let me take a look (and then get completely confused with it) and I will make it so Yuthura is wearing a robe of some sort on Dantooine.

Edit: Changed the utc file. Made the robe. Made a new texture for the robe. :D Now to learn how to use the patcher! *cries*

Not to take the thread off topic, but I always thought it would be cool if she had a less dark sided appearance in her face on Dantooine. Just something to think about.

Sometimes I wonder if Yuthura was actually meant to be a playable character at one time (in pre-production or something). It just seems strange to me that she has an entire back story AND you can ask her to join you, twice.

T7nowhere
02-14-2006, 05:21 PM
^^^ That is possible, and they might have cut that when they cut Sleheyron. Her backstory revolved around that planet so there wouldn't be much point to making her recruitable if her personal quest didn't lead back to that planet. She was definitely an interesting character.

It's also possible the devs just wanted to add some people to save for the lightside players. ;)

zadi
02-14-2006, 06:16 PM
^^^ That is possible, and they might have cut that when they cut Sleheyron. Her backstory revolved around that planet so there wouldn't be much point to making her recruitable if her personal quest didn't lead back to that planet. She was definitely an interesting character.

It's also possible the devs just wanted to add some people to save for the lightside players. ;)

I always wondered about something... If you kill of Juhani on Dantooine rather then reform her, who takes that spot?

goldberry
02-14-2006, 06:44 PM
Nobody. It remains a black portrait. You can do the same with other characters too I think.

Also if you kill them via darkside actions, they become a black portrait.

T7nowhere
02-14-2006, 07:20 PM
^^^ No one, I have thought it would be a good way of introducing a recruitable though without getting in the way of the other characters.

T7, the Master and Apprentice scene I was reffering to occurs in module "danm13_s.rim", the Master's name is Tarelook and the apprentice is Garrum, and if I'm reading it right I think the master was a Twi'lek. After the arguement played it seems like you could talk to Tarelook about the Jedi Code, the tainted grove, and all that stuff.

I found the dialog's for each character which don't seem connected to a utc, but I'm not able to find the dialog for the cutscene your are refering to.

And yes it does look like both characters were Twi' lek, so it wouldn't be difficult to add the npc's to the module to activate the dialog, although the content of the dialogs isn't real important to the story it might be cool to see the cutscene.

Can you post the file name of the dialog for that cutscene.

Master Kavar
02-14-2006, 09:52 PM
@T7, dan13_cort . "Cort" for the cortosis explination that follows I assume. Now incase anyone's curious I'll play out the scene.

**I believe the scene starts out with the Apprentice practising with his vibroblade, possibly against his master**

Garrum: This is futile master! Why must you keep me back like this? Why can I not learn to fight with a real lightsaber?

Tareelok: Do not underestimate the strength of your Cortosis blade, young padawan.

Garrum: It is not a lightsaber! It is nothing!

Tareelok: And perhaps that is the reason you have not advanced to lightsaber training.

You are too headstrong, too overeager to move on without the knowledge necessary to use what you learn.

A lightsaber is a delicate and subtle weapon. One that can cause great harm to its weilder if not used properly.

I believe we have trained enough for now. Reflect on what you have learned, Padawan. Through learning comes knowledge.

Garrum: There is no ignorance. There is knowledge.

Yes, Master. Thank you.

**From here the two seperate and the PC can talk to them individually**

After thinking about it a bit, I wonder if this Master Tareelok was an early version of Master Zhar? No indication of the genders of either Jedi, so I assume that anyone who wanted to restore this could use whatever twi'lek type they liked.

T7nowhere
02-15-2006, 12:44 AM
^^^ Well actually looking at the sound thats set for garrum, it seems he is an Ithorian during the sparring and when their done there training he turns into a twi' lek.

Really though the two npc's could be any type of alien with fighting animations. They wouldn't have to be twi'lek, it could be a Wookiee and Rodian or a Duros and Gamorrian. ;)

goldberry
02-15-2006, 05:10 AM
...because all they do is mumble uncomprehendable crap, right?

Of course, if it was me, you could put the dialog sound as atton dying, and I wouldn't know, CAUSE I HAVE TO RUN WITHOUT SOUND!

lactose_
02-15-2006, 10:26 AM
There was also supposed to be a "good" Hutt living somewhere on Dantooine, although I can't remember which module I saw the dialogue in.

Master Kavar
02-15-2006, 03:57 PM
There was also supposed to be a "good" Hutt living somewhere on Dantooine, although I can't remember which module I saw the dialogue in.

That would be Shuma the Hutt, also in module danm13_s. He seemed like an interesting enough character, since he gave you a little bit more background information on the Sith conquest and breaking Hutt stereotypes. I can only assume he was later replaced by the two Twi'lek merchants, since that enclosed area is the only place large enough to house a hutt.

The Doctor
02-22-2006, 10:35 PM
^ Or one of the doors which we can't open, the ones opposite those guys.

Darth InSidious
02-23-2006, 02:52 PM
Not just "can't open" - won't open, and seems to have been welded into the module :(

I think it was meant to be part of swoop racing on Dantooine...It was in the E3 demo, IIRC.

Is there anyway to get a-hold of the demo? Or would that count as naughty-bad, and involve painsticks if it were tried?

Darth333
02-23-2006, 03:46 PM
I also believe the Dantoine Academy sublevel was supposed to be there: I opened the doors at the other end of the enclave with a script (hehe yes, they can be opened ;) )and the corridor leading to the room with the fountains is there (but room is not there at the end).

Juhani also has some planet descriptions and additional comments about Canderous and about Revan.

...and the Iriaz: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Darth333/iriaz1.jpg (it's supposed to be on Dantoine, not Tatoine)

Darth InSidious
02-24-2006, 09:30 AM
Oooh!
Am I right in thinking the room where the Hutt was meant to be is still closed off, and that it is impossible to open that door?

Pavlos
02-24-2006, 09:36 AM
The iriaz! They exist?! Shock! I think most of those doors you see in the enclave are actually part of the model rather than actual doors. I'll have a look later.

lactose_
02-24-2006, 11:21 AM
Oh yes, the Iriaz... I was quite surprised when I found that the Iriaz were fully working (as far as I could see), but not placed in-game.

This is especially irritating considering that the Iriaz are mentioned in conversations with the people on Dantooine, not least in the side-quest about the murdered settler...

Quote Rickard Lusoff: "Well, I was out hunting iriaz, when I spotted one over here by the bridge. I pull out my rifle and aim at it. I couldn't see it that well, mind you, cause the damn sun was in my eyes."

For the longest time I was trying to figure out what the hell Iriaz were; I even thought they were the flying stingray-like things (the name of which eludes me at the moment)...

Is there any way that the Iriaz can be spawned in the plains of Dantooine, perhaps even be attacked by the Kath hounds?

Darth InSidious
02-24-2006, 06:04 PM
Err...probably. But it would mean icky scripting...

OfficerDonNZ
02-24-2006, 10:45 PM
From what I understand Yuthra's redemption was to have been conclued in Slayaron and there may also have been something extra with HK47 as he mentions Slayaron as well.

Also the woman outside the hunting lodge on Tootine was suspsed to appear on Dontoine if you gave her creadtes for the wrath plate :) You could have a short converation with her.

All is I can say is at least K1 isn't cut as badly as K2 :)

Darth InSidious
02-25-2006, 12:23 PM
Nope. The Sleheyron mentions were added in after the planet was cut.

T7nowhere
02-25-2006, 09:57 PM
^^^ AND how do yu know that?

The_Maker
02-25-2006, 10:52 PM
Cause he's cool :xp:

j/k
I believe (in some long lost thread somewhere far far away on a forum called Bioware) there was a thread about cut content for Kotor.

And not to be a pushy dweeb, but wouldn't your post (a moderator's post *GASP*) go against forum rules? ;)

<ChAiNz Mode>
Rule: 1 The forum is solely for the discussion of mod requests. Any discussion of how to make a mod or off topic discussion will be directed to the main Holowan Forum or deleted (@ moderator discretion). If you have technical questions, please ask them in the general Holowan Labs forums.

Rule: 6 "Why?" is irrelevant to a request. Please do not contribute to a thread unless it's geared towards the completion of it, or ideas on how it's to be achieved (or whether or not it can be). Cluttering a thread can make it hard for the requestor and/or the modder "taking the task" to keep tabs on progress.

The parts in red to be specific.
</ChAiNz Mode>

Sorry ChAiNz, I just couldn't resist! ;P

You are incorrect The_Maker, as T7 is asking someone about their posts contents not about the mod idea, please leave the moderating to us mods, thanks. -RH

miraavery
02-25-2006, 11:00 PM
It's nice to know Im not the only one who wants to get sleyheron back...

Suikotsu
02-25-2006, 11:34 PM
http://www.force-temple.com/kotor/media/screenshots/view.cgi?74l.jpg
I believe this is the cut hut you were talking about. Looks like a dantooine room.

miraavery
02-26-2006, 12:02 AM
Yes seeing how the bottoms of the walls are that of Dantooine than yes that is the hutt

Liit Orda
02-26-2006, 06:30 AM
Hhmh... I'm very interested in this...

Darth InSidious
02-27-2006, 02:03 PM

I crossed the rivers of fire on Galtax IV, scaled the peaks of Mount Yougrett on the seventh moon of Jaglan Beta, walked the Pass Of Ynys Mon on Optima Maxima, crossed the deserts of Ulixia III and finally swam the icy seas of Santraginus V to find the lost holocron of the Jedi Yovrukk Tel, who noted down the tale of how the story came about, and then, realising the threat should the Sith find this knowledge, hid the knowledge of it's location deep in the Jedi Archive.

:xp:

Seriously, it was on the thread at Bioware, like The_Maker said ;)

Darth333
02-27-2006, 02:26 PM
Is there any way that the Iriaz can be spawned in the plains of Dantooine, perhaps even be attacked by the Kath hounds?
Yes, it's possible. It's been a long time since I looked at it but if I remember correctly, there are even a few scripts or files that refer to the iriaz....kind of like Deadeye Duncan.

As for the Dantoine doors in Kotor 1, most of them are part of the area model and can't be opened but there are a few doors here and there that are real and it includes the doors for the sublevel of the academy...you can even walk down the small corridor past those doors...

Darth InSidious
02-27-2006, 05:01 PM
I can't :( I walk into a black void with no walkmesh :(

Darth333
02-27-2006, 05:03 PM
That's weird...I'll try to post a screenie later...

Darth InSidious
02-27-2006, 05:06 PM
Thx. I take it it's not one of the one's up by the Hawk, as those all seem to lead to black voids or not open for me...And the one's up by the rooms also seem to be part of the module...

Is there anything left of the Hutt's room/Swoop racing stuff? Or the old landing pad?

Also, do you know the model names for those of Sleheyron?

Darth333
02-27-2006, 05:13 PM
No, it's the door at the other end of the enclave: the one you use to access the sublevel in Kotor 2.

The only area model I am aware of is an arena. I don't remember the filename though. Lighting is pretty bad...You'll find some screenies here: http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=1512207&postcount=71

and here:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Darth333/KotOR0002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Darth333/KotOR0001b.jpg

Darth InSidious
02-27-2006, 05:19 PM
Aww. I was hoping to find the old Dantooine landing pad :(

Still, I'm sure a use can be found for the Sleheyron arena :)

I didn't try that exterior door on Dantooine (D'oh!).

T7nowhere
02-28-2006, 02:14 AM
The Arena doesn't have any lightmaps or walkmesh and it would need a lyt generated for the area. If that can be figured out then we wouldn't really need to reuse left over models from the game, whole new areas could be made.

Darth InSidious
03-11-2006, 12:46 PM
I think that most of the M21aa models are for the lost section of Dreshdae...They even have walkmesh, lightmaps and a .lyt!
Clicky (http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/jimspriggs33/ooooooo.jpg)
:)
Now if only that ruddy landing pad woult turn up..

ViperSkeele
03-11-2006, 01:47 PM
You ask the Irodonian, "How many credits would it take to make your business my business?" He replies, "This is the way of this water world, is it not? Pathetic creatures barganing with credits for what they cannot seize through strength. My people are warriors, not sniveling merchants." Then your character is suppose to reply but doesn't and you have Alt+F4 to exit the game. Any modder know if there was supposed to be a line there or if it was supposed to exit the conversation?[/QUOTE]

WOW this would be a great point to pick up at for the Iridorian recruitable NPC idea I just posted, check it out :twogun:

Darth InSidious
03-11-2006, 06:56 PM
Uhm, I'm not sure this belongs in this thread. See, this thread is for cut content, not bugs ;)

Pavlos
03-12-2006, 11:47 AM
Nice find, Darth! I'm not an expert on this whole module side of thing but does that mean we can make these into proper working modules? If we texture them, of course.

Darth InSidious
03-12-2006, 06:53 PM
If they use the Dreshdae textures, no need. What would be tricky would be the .are creation. See, the rooms have to be correctly aligned in there as well as in the .lyt file. And that would be tricky. Aside from that, I think it would mostly be (relatively!) plain sailing...

Darth333
03-15-2006, 12:48 AM
btw if anyone is ever interested in doing a Sleheyron mod of some sort, I thought this could be interesting (look at David Gaider's posts): http://swforums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=275277&forum=89

Darth InSidious
03-17-2006, 03:50 PM
There also appear to be some left-over textures from an older menu system. I'm still ferreting for unused area models.

Darkkender
03-18-2006, 01:36 AM
btw if anyone is ever interested in doing a Sleheyron mod of some sort, I thought this could be interesting (look at David Gaider's posts): http://swforums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=275277&forum=89

Nice catch Darth333. I especially like the points that David made about Yuthura and how her dialogue included mention of Sleheyron "Because it Was Cut." Not as others would lead you to believe that it was scrubbed out of the game. It was obviously Davids little knife in the back to incite curiosity by modders like us. :laughing:

Darth InSidious
03-18-2006, 04:15 AM
Did I mention the three left-over rooms from Dantooine?

Pavlos
03-18-2006, 04:49 AM
You found left over rooms in Dantooine? Models or part of a module?

Darth InSidious
03-19-2006, 10:57 AM
Models. I doubt if they have walkmesh/lightmaps though, and we couldn't add them to the .lyt anyway :(

It's a pair of bedrooms and what appears to be a store-cupboard, AIR.

Darth_Robinson
03-27-2006, 01:16 PM
To point out the obvious, the Rough-Cut Upari Amulet was cut as well. The item is in the game, but the script to give it to the player is bugged.

Also, Dia on Taris was supposed to give the player a blue lightsaber crystal if the player got the bounty off of her head. Seems a little pointless since the player gets to choose a crystal later, but maybe Bioware intended something else here.

Master Kavar
03-27-2006, 03:42 PM
I don't think the script to give the Upari crystal is bugged, but was changed intentionally for whatever reason. The item was left unfinished and without any stat bonuses or properties. Some restored it awhile ago by making up their own crystal properties.

GrayJedi
04-06-2006, 06:16 AM
With regard to cut content. Does anyone recognize what the dan13__zzshari.utc module is under danm13_s.rim is? I was under the impression that it is Sharina Fizark (the lady from Tatooine who sells you her wraid plate), if you choose lightside there are sound files in the streamwaves where she shows up on Dantooine and thanks you. I am not sure if this happens in the original game though.

Shem
04-06-2006, 01:52 PM
With regard to cut content. Does anyone recognize what the dan13__zzshari.utc module is under danm13_s.rim is? I was under the impression that it is Sharina Fizark
It just says her name is Shari. Her appearance is labeled "Commoner_01_Fem_Asian".

Master Kavar
04-06-2006, 04:30 PM
It is Sharina Fizzark; I found the dialogue tree that thanks you for helping her out, and her building a new life on Dantooine. (Only to be killed in the Sith bombardment...>_>). I'm not certain if this was actually cut, since I haven't actually checked to see if she was there or not.

Lantzen
04-17-2006, 03:43 PM
Sorry for bumbing this thread, but i starded a similar about cut content.
Im almost 100% that Sharina dosen't show up on Dantoine

This is taken from the other thread
If you listen to the first 18 tracks at SWKotOR\streamwaves\m13aa\bast01, Bastila is talking about how to open the burial mound at Dantoine

I also found this SWKotOR\streamwaves\m44aa\wrai06, it's at the rakatan tempel, and it sound like a sith that have some kind of pets with him.

And here is some new i found
SWKotOR\streamwaves\m40aa\cuts01 The sith commander say that he is going onboard the ebon hawk

\SWKotOR\streamwaves\m40ab\injo08 and this is about some sith commander that you can ask or threat to help you

Some one mention this, its a droid that you can use to fast travel with SWKotOR\streamwaves\m40ad\swoo02

And here is something about a injured dark aprentice SWKotOR\streamwaves\m44aa\injs03

I hope that someone can restore some of theses things

aerowars617
04-18-2006, 10:34 PM
It is Sharina Fizzark; I found the dialogue tree that thanks you for helping her out, and her building a new life on Dantooine. (Only to be killed in the Sith bombardment...>_>). I'm not certain if this was actually cut, since I haven't actually checked to see if she was there or not.

Im shure you all know where her dialogue on Dantooine is, but if not here it is:
.....\SWKotOR\streamwaves\m13aa\zzsh24

These do imply that she was to be on Dantooine, but from the looks of things she could only say a few words.

Lantzen
04-19-2006, 07:55 AM
But can someone restor this, like the Deadeye Duncan on Mannan?

aerowars617
04-19-2006, 01:38 PM
But can someone restor this, like the Deadeye Duncan on Mannan?
Only a modder can answer that...

Darth InSidious
06-12-2006, 12:52 PM
I've also found in K1 a room called crossgob01, IIRC, and four halls called hal##gob (where ## is a number from 01-04). I dunno if they have lightmaps/walkmesh or anything like that (they did have walkmesh dummies...Dunno if that means anything...)

Darkkender
06-12-2006, 05:51 PM
Are these room models your talking about?

Darth InSidious
06-13-2006, 09:14 AM
Yes.