PDA

View Full Version : KOTOR III Wishlist

killerDOTcom
02-13-2006, 10:43 AM
OK, there is enough proof now that LA is definately working on KOTOR III. Hoping that they pay attention to these posts, lets start a wish list for it.
Everyone post a reply, the more feedback, the better!

Edit: My first wish is multiplayer. Sounds a bit far fetched, but it should create, like, 4 options for multiplayer. Deathmatch, Pazzak Game, Swoop Race, and CO-OP.

Deathmatch is just like a face-off between several characters, and they just attack free-for-all, or on teams. Pazzak is pretty self-explanatory, so is swoop race.
CO-OP should be where several main characters engage in the main game, until they quit or until it ends. This would mean several parties would be out at once, each with their 2 other side characters(like T3M4 and HK-47), and the player's character. Obviously that would mean, depending on the multiplayer's party limit, there would be on option for a player to join, select his limited party members, and join. The party member ratio could be set for options like, 2 main characters and 4 side characters each, or 4 main characters and 2 side characters each, or 8 main characters and 1 side character each, or maybe even 64 main characters and 0 side characters each.

It would be cool, wouldn't it?

Cygnus Q'ol
02-13-2006, 11:04 AM
Welcome KillerDOTcom.
I think you'll find it easier to edit your posts rather than to create a whole new one.
It's a real handy function.

Although the death matches and other side games are fine and will probably remain, I doubt you see mulitplayer.

It just can't happen for KotOR.
Read around the boards, you'll get good info here.
Maybe even answer some questions before you have to ask them.

Welcome and may the force be with you.

Oh, by the way, where is that proof you speak of?

Phaedra36
02-13-2006, 11:12 AM
1) New planets please, no more Dantooine. Take me to the REAL Jedi Council, Corsucant! :)
2) More Dialouge! (Psst. I don't want them telling me their life stories halfway in game and never talk to me again!)
3) Find an inventive way to deal with Revan and the Exile, yet complete their stories from people of K1.
4) All plotholes and storylines finished. K2 was way too open-ended. If it needs to be a longer game, then I don't care :)
5) Let us play djarik (sp?)! They talk about it all the time, so let us play for it ourselves.
6) Make the gun turrets thing more interesting -_-. I hate that one >.>. I would be like, "Not again!" when I got attacked by Sith fleets in K1 =/
7) Let me sit down for once hehe :)
8) Make cooler headbands, I just refuse to wear the google-looking things.
9) Improved graphics
10) More customization options for your face, gear, etc. Like let me pick my eye and hair color :)

Cygnus Q'ol
02-13-2006, 11:28 AM
Every one of Phaedra36's wishes I hope comes true.

OK, I don't know about the sitting, but... :)

Customization upgrades are necessary. Some of the gear is really unpleasant to look at.
I don't really care about the turret games as much as I'd like a well told story. Communication is key. You hit that one on the head.

Dialougue progression does need some tweeking. It definately took away from my desire to keep talking to my companions when they were so reluctant to share. (until I unknowingly got to a certain level).

Yes, new planets.

Phaedra36
02-13-2006, 11:37 AM
It's not a must, but it would be cool to have more interactivity with your enviroment. I meant to edit that to expand it other than just sitting..but now you know :)
Edit: Got some more ideas xD.
1) Let me be able to save a bad guy at the end :) I try every friggin time and they are like, "No! The Dark Side will destroy you!" And then they seem to have repented after I almost kill them, and then they die anyway. C'mon LA, I want some Darth Vader action going on (in Ep. 6) that is ;)
2)Let me get to a level I can actually reach -_-. The max level was ...50 in k2 and I get around 30 every time.
3)Ooh. And let us know everything about our past even if we are some gizka scum on the street! We don't have to be anything special.

Cygnus Q'ol
02-13-2006, 12:53 PM
I knew what you meant, mine was a feeble attempt at humor.
Yes indeed, interaction with surroundings (other than blades of grass moving as I walk by) would be refreshing and would add another level of realism.

That would be a nice touch if you've aquired dominate mind and high levels of persuade to be able to influence someone other than the storyline conversationalist. Being able to walk up to others, (not necessarily everyone) and convice them to tell you something or persuade them to do something would prove entertaining.

...like the two bullies in TSL on Nar Shaddaa that you can tell to give you all of their credits then jump into the pit.
Consequences of your actions would still apply, of course.

Redeeming lost souls, huh? This is an interesting idea. What if you are darkside already?
What then? Hmmm... I must meditate on this.

Sometimes it's better not to know your past I think.
It was extremely cool how Revan learned of his past in KotOR. I was very shocked the first time I played.
That wouldn't have worked had they told us who he was already.
Surprises are good.

I heared someone actually got to 50. Although I find that very difficult to believe. Where is all that XP?

Phaedra36
02-13-2006, 09:19 PM
I knew what you meant, mine was a feeble attempt at humor.
Yes indeed, interaction with surroundings (other than blades of grass moving as I walk by) would be refreshing and would add another level of realism.

Let's just make sure it doesn't become too realistic. "So..Bastila..what were you saying about me again?" "Um I got to go to the bathroom!" ".." LoL. Oh and by the way, Cygnus I'm sorry :( Hard to catch humor on forum boards for me unless it is obvious lol.

That would be a nice touch if you've aquired dominate mind and high levels of persuade to be able to influence someone other than the storyline conversationalist. Being able to walk up to others, (not necessarily everyone) and convice them to tell you something or persuade them to do something would prove entertaining....like the two bullies in TSL on Nar Shaddaa that you can tell to give you all of their credits then jump into the pit.
Consequences of your actions would still apply, of course.

Haha yea, but the problem is that there would be too many npc's and then it would seem redundant and get old if they couldn't think of new ideas for each npc though =/. I would like Dominate Mind to come more into play however :).
"Atton..you are not a fool..." "I am not a fool.." LoL!^^

Redeeming lost souls, huh? This is an interesting idea. What if you are darkside already?
What then? Hmmm... I must meditate on this.

Maybe if you are darkside, you could make a LSer become a DSer unless they are all the way, die hard LS (i.e. Yoda or Vrook). I mean, Bastila could be easy to go to the DS again >.>

Sometimes it's better not to know your past I think.
It was extremely cool how Revan learned of his past in KotOR. I was very shocked the first time I played.
That wouldn't have worked had they told us who he was already.
Surprises are good.

Yeah I guess you are right. Surprises are good, I was so anxious to tell my boyfriend what happened but could not since he was so far behind.But on the flipside, some people on other SW forums have mentioned about getting angry about not being able to know their own character. Oh well, I know no matter what they do for K3 or really any game, someone is going to be upset. I want a few plot twists in the story like in K1, which I felt K2 did poorly on.

I heared someone actually got to 50. Although I find that very difficult to believe. Where is all that XP?

I have heard of some xp bug, and if you keep doing it over and over again you can eventually get to 50. I'll let you know if I find it out.

JackDeth
02-14-2006, 09:38 PM
Planets that are more open, at least once you get outside of cities/settlements. There wasn't much exploring because the level design led you on paths that took you directly to what you were looking for and sometimes it didn't make sense. Why would the Black Vulkar base be nearly right next to the Beks base when they hate each other so? Or the Council on Dantooine has heard of a crystal cavern but wants you to explore it when its a 3 minute jog outside of the Council front gate, I know all that standing around in the council building gets tiring but still ! :)

Having planets more like Star Wars Galaxies would be a good one as an example, though not as wide open as that but you get the point.

Buzz1978
02-15-2006, 02:56 AM

You can use the "infinite Hsiss (spell?) spawning point" in the tomb on Korriban. Everytime you "touch" the dead Jedi you get two Hsiss worth 400XP each. Let's assume we get Level25 the "normal" way and want Level50, then we need to touch (isn't that necrophilia or something like that?) him [(26+50)/2*24*1000/800] 1140 times. Ok, how sick is that?

MdKnightR
02-15-2006, 03:45 AM
Though there are way too many requests to name, here's my wishlist for the moment....

1. Have the same level of character customization that is seen in Star Wars Galaxies (which is that game's only redeeming quality).

2. Hooded Robes. Have the option to pull it on and off the head of the character and also have it to where you can pull the robe completely off and drop it on the ground just before a duel (like in the movies).

3. Keep lightsaber upgrade options the way they were in TSL.

4. Bring back the brief "hmm, Got It, Damn!" dialogues for the PC.

5. Tie up all loose ends from K1 and TSL.

6. More content (for a longer game experience).

7. Customizable hilts for lightsabers.

8. Coruscant!

Diego Varen
02-15-2006, 05:27 AM
What I want in KOTORIII.

1. New Planets - Except for maybe Telos, Onderon and Nar Shaddaa. New Planets I would like are Courscant, Deralia etc.

2. Hooded Robes - With a choice to have it up or down.

3. Better Customize - Be able to customize your facial features at the beginning. I mean on TSl, there was a Sam lookalike head.

4. Customizeable Lightsaber Hilts - Somewhere I heard every Jedi customizes their Lightsaber in their own way. So maybe we could have style, colour etc.

5. Longer Game - I want a game that is harder and longer than KOTOR and TSL. It makes the game more fun (Well for me anyway).

6. Try To Reedem Fallen Jedi - If you fall to the Dark Side, then your Master should try to bring you back. You then decide whether to go back or not. And to save the bad guy at the end. The ending could be entirely different.

7. Selectable PC Voice - Although they might not be able to say your name. Shame!

8. Better things to wear - For the head, instead of the googles, they should have blindfolds, Nihilus's Mask etc. And for gloves, you should be able to see the gloves.

9. Multiplayer - They could include a Multiplayer if it was about sparring or dueling, or Pazzak. It might not work though. For PC, you would have to go online.

10. Finish The Revan Storyline - It should explain everything to us at the end. Say where all the old Party Members were after they finished saving the Galaxy.

Aurora Merlow
02-15-2006, 08:23 AM
1. Have the same level of character customization that is seen in Star Wars Galaxies (which is that game's only redeeming quality).

2. Hooded Robes. Have the option to pull it on and off the head of the character and also have it to where you can pull the robe completely off and drop it on the ground just before a duel (like in the movies).

3. Keep lightsaber upgrade options the way they were in TSL.

4. Bring back the brief "hmm, Got It, Damn!" dialogues for the PC.

5. Tie up all loose ends from K1 and TSL.

6. More content (for a longer game experience).

7. Customizable hilts for lightsabers.

8. Coruscant!

As usual MD right on the money. All i can add is please don't put in boring planets like Korriban in TSL because to be honest it was so tedious. That and to emphasise tieing up loose ends. We need to know what happened to Revan and the Exile as opposed to passing comments about them.

Beast-Thrasher
02-15-2006, 11:56 PM
I would like it if you played as a dark side character you wouldn't show the visual evidence. If you go dark side in K1 and especially in K2 you see your face getting alot of creases and I would like it if that didn't happen or it only happened at key points in the game if you did something majorly evil. Since all your characters noticed if you went dark side they all comment on it and it would be nice if you could only use it when your using say dark side powers or something...just a thought

Clone L68362
02-16-2006, 12:01 AM
Pretty much what everyone else has said I agree with. Improved graphics/animations, more clothing differences, such as new armor models, and taking robes off. Tying up loose plot lines, way more customization, and uh, somehow get Revan in there.

RobQel-Droma
02-16-2006, 01:09 AM
1) Bigger planets. Maybe not the individual areas be that large, but have more of them so you can actually wander a ways around the planet. Along with that (I mentioned this in another thread), I'd like it if it was more searching you were doing instead of just landing at the same spot and following the story to whatever it is. To start off, how do you always land at the right spot?

2) Just what TSL did, just some expanding of options, more items, improved upgradability. Make it so even more types of items are upgradeably, like Calrissian's Utility belt can be an upgrade item with it's own special upgrades, etc. And including all the saber forms, instead of just the regular seven. What about Trakata, and Jar-Kai, and Dun Moch?

3) PC voices - been mentioned already. Makes my character feel like he is actually there, or has a voice. It was almost a shock when I heard my character say "Got it" when I went back and played KOTOR after playing TSL. In the second game, all you heard was complete silence.

4) New planets, new party members; except those that belong in the KOTOR galaxy or in the PC's party. Such as Dantooine and Korriban, they are, you could say, the light and dark "poster-planets" of the game, they just belong in the planet list. They are so important in that time period. And for your party, Manderous and the droids. No, not evil G0-T0. Two droids are enough, especially when they are HK and T3. Any other droids seem just like the devs are trying to create a character to match up to the ones they already have, which is impossible.

5) Cameos. Not a lot, but some mentions. I'd like to see everyone have a reunion at the end of the game, to see some of the earlier Jedi (Bastila, Juhani) meet up with the TSL Jedi (Atton, Visas, Brianna), and I'd like to see what happens to Carth (and as a side-note, perhaps his son Dustil), and people like Mission or Mira. And I'd love to see Suvam Tan again at the end. :D

6) And, as my last one for now, more areas like Yavin Station, or maybe Stoffe -mkb-'s Combat Sim Arena. Well, maybe not the CSA, but places like it, that are completely optional as to whether you go to them. If they could, it would be cool if they aren't "isolated", so that it isn't like the Sith Lords take a break while you go there, but are actually hunting you or whatever, and sending people after you on those planets/stations. In otherwords, things are actually going on while you are there. Not necessary for the storyline, but may give you a lot of clues and more info into the plot and the characters.

Jae Onasi
02-16-2006, 02:47 AM
Good story
Good detailed planets with interesting scenery and lots of chances for interaction with other people/species.
Good characters with interesting back stories (and please spread it out. I'm with Phaedra--don't give it to me all at once and then have nothing the rest of the game)
Good music (an integral part of any SW experience)
Bring back the 'Return to Ebon Hawk' function
Cool headbands that don't completely mask the PC/NPC faces (unless you want). I hated talking to party members while not being able to see my and their faces.
Keep the lightsaber upgrade options--that was fun.
Keep the lab/work benches a la TSL. I liked being able to make something if the stores didn't have anything useful.
Have party members stay with you until the very end battle. I liked the Star Forge approach better than the Trayus Academy approach in that regard. Getting rid of cannon fodder is more fun with friends. :)
A nice (but optional) romance.
Some new spiffy Force powers
I like the random loot generator, but make it non-random in certain places to make sure you get something decent at an appropriate time. I could understand cannocks having totally random loot, though, since they eat just about anything.
Keep the prestige classes. I'd like to see NPCs that make it to the appropriate level become a prestige class, too (OK, without cheating! Thank goodness for all the mods and KSE! :) )
Design the program so modders can easily make mods. Even if a company doesn't officially support it, there are ways to make the program easier or harder for modders to alter.
Keep pazaak and swoop racing (though I'll need another Darth 333 EZ swoop race mod, I'm sure! :) )
Have witty comments between NPCs and PC/NPC. I wouldn't mind a humorous sidequest or 2, either.
DS options that require more finesse than just killing everything in sight.
Cool things like new lightsabers, items, armor, etc.
A nice, warm, tropical planet with lush foliage and flowers....(yeah, we're having a snowstorm here again, and I have spring fever)
Lots of different ways to gain XP and LS/DS points
Good replayability
Among many, many other things

lonewolf8222
02-16-2006, 10:59 PM
The one thing that I want is for your actions to not be enharently dark side or light. I can't think of anything off the top of my head from in game but Oh yea, Force pursade in K1 and you get dark side points for not paying docking fee's what is up with that? Oh an insulting people should have a option to do it in jest so you can laugh in the came, and yourself, If you want to be good you shouldn't always have to say I understand you are having problems, you shoule be able to say "get over it" or something to that effect. One thing i would also like to see is when you become swoop champain people should stalk you like the poporasie. and you can throw in a little side quest, also a dueling ring, like Bio's Jade Empire. and how about you can fly your ship in space combat and let Carth or Atton use the dam tourbolazer

Buzz1978
02-18-2006, 10:33 AM
There are actually a lot of good ideas in this thread I'd like to see realized. I don't want to repeat them all so I just list some things I didn't notice (that way)...

1) In K1 and K2 (most RPGs to be true) sidequest means actually a quest you solve simply passing by. I'd like to see at least some sidequests that need their own approach. At best I'd like to see the idea of sidequests/mainquests abandoned and keep the player in the dark what quest holds info to push the main plot forward. see 3)

2) Some people want larger areas. I agree with that, but worse for me is that the areas actually *feel* small. Take Tatooine for example: You leave Anchorhead and standing right in front of the city you already see the sandcrawler that was mentioned before ... duh! If you would have to rent a speeder to get to the different locations, it would feel bigger even if the areas were the same size. Give me a blank map and by asking around I get new targets on it. For Tatooine maybe the hunters in the hunters lodge tell me (after persuasion) a good hunting ground, and even if I don't want to hunt at all, the hunters there may know where the sandcrawler is...

3) In K1 and K2 (most RPGs to be true - did I say that before?) the story is straight, straight, straight. You always know what to do next. There's no need to follow vague hints that end up revealing nothing (important) at all. Why is that? In movies and books I like a story that "evolves". Slowly while picking up new puzzle pieces a larger image appears, but some pieces just show blurry background... Better don't tell me what things are up to and while we're at it don't tell me what my opponents are up to. Just tell me they're up to something and let me find out myself what it is and not in one big step but in small steps that give me a false impression sometimes and/or cast a different light on the objectives of the enemy while the story goes on...

4) Right now you pretty much always know what actions are LS or DS and the normal NPC reacts positive if you act LS and negative if you act DS. While this is plausible it's also pretty boring and people don't always act plausible. I'd like to see a more complex causality - like you mean to do good but it doesn't work out that way. And after helping someone he doesn't always tell you how grateful he is, instead he says: "What? Want me to thank you? I didn't ask for your help and I don't like you any better now! Get lost!". And for the quests: I think it's imperative to "win" in the end, but that doesn't necessarily mean, that everything between start and finish has to go out as planned.
I'd like to see the light path become a challenge and the dark path to become the easy way they always tell you about. And while some people want an influence indicator like the LS/DS indicator I say take that one out as well and don't tell me what action is LS or DS. Let me find out myself where I end up.

5) Whether or not keep the Ebon Hawk isn't a big deal for me (no need to argue, I just don't care) but while having one "main ship" I'd like to see some variety. I liked playing as one of the party members in TSL. This idea could be expanded: One or two of the companions lose contact with the party and need to get back to the show, so they need to find a transport...
And why am I always the one to decide where to go next making me the big boss? I think it would be an improvement if for some time (in the beginning, let's say you're still a padawan and you're travelling with your master and of course he decides...) if you want things your way, you have to argue about it.

Edit:
5 1/2) IMHO the SW movies are a lot about fun - for example the "young" ObiWan makes jokes all the time and the part of Ep2 about C3PO losing his head and his comments is just one big joke. I think it's pretty clear that being confronted with *big* problems doesn't mean you have to lose your good mood not even if you're a Jedi who has to control his passions. So give me the cheerful atmosphere of K1 back! (dammit!)
/Edit

Edit2:
5 3/4) The lightsaber combat forms in TSL are nice to have but I think it would be cool if you would actually see the consequences. Right now it's all the same even the most opposite forms Soresu and Juyo, you don't see a Jedi/Sith on Master Speed attacking two additional times in one combat round, there's not even a visual proof if an attack is succesful or not. About time to change that!
/Edit2

6) Stated last because it isn't really part of the SW Universe: Maybe someone around here knows the books of CJ Cherryh. What I really like about them is that different species not only look different but their ways of thinking are entirely different. We have a lot of species in SW but inside they're all human. I just bought the Chanur-cycle (in Germany last published in the 80's, man, that was expensive!) and it pictures a species named Kif. I couldn't help but thinking of them as something like a Sith role model, not exactly evil but totally unaware of others "sensitivies". If a Kif follows someone, it's got nothing to do with respect or companionship, it's just the greater power of the one he follows and if he sees a good chance to kill him and survive, there's no question if he should do it or not, he will do it to gain prestige because for him prestige equals power. At one point one of the main characters (nonhuman also) explains the Kif leader the nature of martydom (to bluff him) and this concept is totally disturbing for him...
I think I made myself clear. I would like the good/evil thing to take a step back and let different ways of thinking take at least some place not only considering different species but also considering different fractions of the same species. (sth we on planet earth should consider more while observing daily news if I'm allowed to say that...)

eye_of_osiris02
02-19-2006, 03:09 AM
I like the idea of being a different species other than human.

Twi'lek - yes, and definitely a blue one
Zabrak - this would be a nice change
Nautolan(Kit Fisto) - yes
Falleen - very good persuasive powers (just a thought)
Cathar - Juhani was ugly and irritating. No
Wookie - Rugs are for walking on. No offense Chewie!

Phaedra36
02-19-2006, 04:07 AM
Yes it would be interesting, BUT the canonical good guy/girl is always a human. At least it was in the Star Wars movies..I haven't played any games outside the Kotor rpgs to know if there was a hero/heroine that was a race other than human.

dtriniman
02-19-2006, 03:07 PM
Ok hi I'm new to the boards and I just wanted to say I'm glad to be here and I hope to meet and make a whole lot of new friends.

The dream game for me would be a SW game with a KOTOR/KOTOR II type storyline (which is so in-depth) and Jedi Outcast/Academy type action (which is so intense). Yes I know a rpg game that shifts to a fps when it's time to fight might be hard to pull off but hey it's my fantasy deal with it!

Ok as far as KOTOR III would go we definitely need:

1. Customizable faces, torsos and legs similar to Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy:Which was well recieved. I mean it really gives you a sense of individuality. I can't tell you how frustrating it was playing these 2 games and starting off with a guy who has the right beard and gaotee but no hair or vice versa. Let US choose, don't just slap in some stupid templates. And also like JK3 different races for the MC.

2.Customizable lightasaber hilts: Also a feature of Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy which was widely received. If you know even a bit of the SW world you would know that padawans create their own lightsaber hilt after practicing with a training saber. I mean after seeing them in both KOTOR games the piece of white pipe is damn annoying now.

If you guys want some models to work with I'll post a pic of the Alaris Hilt pack and some other sabers used in JK3. I mean geez get creative. What makes it worse is that the regular modders/skinners don't have access to the SW database you people obviously do and it's an insult that you give SW fans a piece of pipe and pass it off as a saber.

3. Another developer: Obsidian may be good with other titles but I'm only interested in SW and as the old adage goes: "You don't get a second chance to make a first impression." I mean their rush to meet some stupid deadline completely massacred what would have been a much better sequel to the Game of the Year KOTOR.

It wasn't until someone on another messageboard opened my eyes and showed me that the video is missing because they wanted to meet the deadline but the audio was there and I listened to it I got more enraged.That's right, for anyone who didn't know, all the alternate endings and all the missing pieces are in your game, the audio at least. I mean it's good stuff. Why not take the extra time and release a smash hit?

4.Bosses that act and fight like bosses: Malak was the man! The only sith Lord who cut it for me in either of the games. OK let's take KOTOR II. I didn't get a new lease on force powers cap (which can go up to 50 if I rmemeber correctly) to fight Sion who I can't beat with my saber (including the use of forms which finally got into a KOTOR game although we've been using it since Outcast) and new Force Powers but instead I beat him by destroying his will? That's so counter-productive.

If I had known that was how i would have beat him I'd have just cheated and did setpersuade 999. Come on you give me new saber skills and a heap of force powers for that? And Nihilus was the bigger dissapointment. All bark and no bite. Sure he looked and sounded cool but he was a pushover. Ridiculous.

As for storyline how about something more personal. Well the choice I mean. Let's say you start off as an padawan and a promising one at that. For once a SW RPG could possibly show the trials of a padawan/adept to knight. (For anyone who played JK2 you know you loved the trial Luke made Kyle take to get back his ligthsaber. YOU KNOW YOU DO!

Let's say up to this point you are under the assumption only one of your parents is alive until there is some sort of unrest. You overhear your only parent say something about the dead one. You decide to follow up for yourself from what you overheard and this takes you on different quests and you receive a speficic destination which when you arrive after who knows what, you discover your dead parent is actually dead in the sense that noone thinks about him/her anymore because he/she joined the sith.

Of course you are appalled 1st your only parent has been keeping this from/lying to you, your other parent is alive and worse yet is a sith. The plot can thicken by
some convo somethign to the tune of : "oh do you believe so my son? No we are not evil , we are portrayed that way so that you and people like you won't know the truth. I suggest you go to the archives , find terminal 36 and look in the Archer Forest files the code to get in is 237024. When you have read it all then come back and tell me if you still think we are evil."

Well that's all for now I know it was a long post and I apologize. i suffer from firsttimeritis.

Almost forgot here is the Alaris Hilt Pack Pic

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/Tarr...rishiltpack.jpg

MdKnightR
02-22-2006, 02:08 AM
Here's one I'd like to add:

As Buzz1978 said above, make the lightside more challenging and the darkside more the easy way out, but beyond that, I think the darkside conversation options should be alot more shrewd and conniving and less bully-like in nature. This was one of the main reasons that I always played lightside characters. The darkside needs to be more dynamic and less one-sided. The only darkside conversation option that I enjoyed was when you used the Jedi Mind Trick on the thugs at Nar Shaddaa and told them to jump into the pit (which was evilly amusing).

kookaburra
02-22-2006, 03:24 AM
My wish list is for Kotor III to be made.

Diego Varen
02-22-2006, 03:26 AM
My wish list is for Kotor III to be made.

Isn't that what we all want?

ElizLestrad
03-17-2006, 09:11 PM
1) Longer story (Reference one of my other posts)
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2049315#post2049315

2) Character creation - faction selection and race selection
It would be nice to choose who you affiliate with to make for a more interesting story. For instance have the choices between the Republic, the Sith Empire, and the Mandalorians

Also have the option of the Mandalorians offering to side with the Sith or the Republic based on your affiliation and actions.

3) More epic battles like the Battle for Onderon
Id love to see more Bassilisks raining down from the sky...

4) More backstabbing
I thought it was cool that you could choose sides in the battles on Dantooine and Onderon in Kotor II but I would have liked the Darkside option of (in the case of say Onderon, choosing a side then upon completing the overthrow turning on my ally and claiming the planet for myself (well...in the name of the Mandalorians) )

5) More planets to visit (Returning planets)
Suggestions: Corruscant, Duxn, Kuat (KDY Shipyards), Geonosis, Kamino

6)More customization on starting feats
This was one thing that was annoying. That when you create a character that the program chooses the feats you start out with. All this means to me is thats one point in a feat I may never use that I could have used for something else

7)Fame/Infamy
I think it would be cool that depending on actions you take on certain planets, that word eventually gets around to other planets and people are either excited to see you or afraid of you

Thats all I can think of for now...

†Saint_Killa†
03-18-2006, 12:07 AM
Lesser irritating repetitive alien voices.

Alkonium
03-18-2006, 12:24 AM
I'd like to see more moddability, the PC version being DVD only, audio for the player character's dialogue, more non-humans that speak basic, a more interactive engine than the Odyssey Engine, facial customisation, species selection, and real-time combat.

Dethnite
03-20-2006, 01:58 AM
I love all the ideas how about an Online Arena??? I think that would be cool as Heck maybe go in and duel and get some kind of Arena credits where you can only buy items sold in the arena and only with arena Credits so players have to alteast duel?

Angelos Kumani
03-20-2006, 06:22 PM
I want to see non-battle time displayed by taking weapons out of my hands w/o having to switch to an empty hand weopon...

Lightsabers/Pistols, etc. in hand while hacking into a computer must have complicated things a little bit...

Create holsters, etc. that you actually wear and use.

Use of the Force to draw your saber.

More interaction w/enviroment - not just through the force...but with your saber too. For example: In Revenge of the Sith on XBOX when you want to open a door you either have to cut open an electrical panel (by cutting around said panel), then cut wires - - or you have to cut through the door by stabbing your saber into it then cutting the door away, then kicking it in - this would be really cool! (they let you open a door the regular way too, but had a lot more fun when I had to do this)

Another Example: Needing to prtoect T3M4 while he hacks a door for you.

Larger worlds in the sense that you would have to travel to different locations on the same planet, via transportation other than your ship - I mean you have a swoop bike let us use it...and not just a different "sector" in the same area. Example: On Naboo travelling from the capitol to the Gungan city...

ScieX
03-22-2006, 09:53 PM
1. if you turn a character dark side, and they started out the game as a light side character. have their behavior change. i thought it was kinda dumb having the handmaiden remain this morally upright character when i turned her to the dark side. and it was stupid when i made visas light, she still acted like a sith. fix that

2.decent ending

3.better graphics

4.debug it, im getting tired of all the glitches

5.customizable robes

6.if you are dark, make it so you can join the Sith, its dumb how a Sith is working for the Republic

7.cool Sith Lord, and only one, In KOTOR 2 there were 2 but they only focused on one.
you really learned nothing of Darth Nihilus

8.Storyline more solid

9.More side quests

10.make it so you can take up an apprentice, you kind of could in 2 but not really.

11.Romance side quests back in.

12.more force powers

13.more planets....TAKE OUT DANTOOINE, TELOS,and PLACES LIKE PERAGUS.

add in:
Taris ruins
Coruscant
Add in Tatooine back in
Manaan back in
Korriban back in but make it so that the Academy is back up and running

14.make it easier to get in to, im sorry but in 2 it just took you too long to get your lightsaber

15.make it so you have a small prelude as a boy, in it you decide whether or not to be trained as a Sith or a Jedi, and the game will form around that desicion

16.the ebon hawk has to go, sorry but its time to get a new ship.

17.customizable faces,stature, and height.

18. make more potential party members, for instance make 20 people who could potentially join your party but only have 9 slots, so you can be selective and get the members you want. also make it so, if your influence over your character gets low enough, make it he or she can make an attempt at your life or do some other form of betrayal, that would be cool and would make the game more realistic

19. no more Kreia-like characters, she ticked me off

20.have each person have an individual name, not "Handmaiden" or "Disciple"

21.if you choose to be a Sith make it so you can take over the Sith Academy

22.in your robes, make it so you have the option to take a cloak off and put it back on, and put your hood up and down. that would be intense. also make it so you can get that nifty silvery armor that the Sith and Dark Jedi wore in KOTOR 1. id love that.

23.have a shocking revelation about the main character during the middle of the story, like in KOTOR, there were no revelations like that in 2.

24.more variation in the NPC's faces.

25.make it so the lightsaber will actually cut through things, i hate it how you fight a lightsaber with a vibroblade and the lightsaber cant cut through it.

shinyjedi
03-22-2006, 10:49 PM
1. Include a modding engine/toolset!
2. Include a library of blank or mostly blank walkmeshes and etc... to facilitate adding modules/levels/areas. Then, just place a bunch of transition hooks (or whatever they're called) in the main areas so the modders can just build an area and latch it onto the original without undue difficulty.
3. Voices for the PCs. How hard could it be? voice actors are a dime a dozen, as long as you aren't expecting Ed Asner or Liam Neeson or somebody. Hire five or six college drama majors to read the damned lines, rar the files up and unpack them at character generation.
4. I firmly agree on the more detailed customization ability for PC generation.
5. More party flexibility. Why, for instance, would a lightside jedi put up with G0-T0, that floating bad attitude? I mean, HK is at least funny.... It isn't like it serves any purpose other than as a traffic impediment in the ship. Give me a choice of choosing, say 9 companions out of a possible 15, and allow ME to choose rather than my alignment being an automatic trigger. That way I also add replayability. Also, make it possible for party members to abandon you if you screw up in their eyes. Talk about a way to use the influence system!
6. What all those posters before me said (mostly)

I could go on and on, but I'm on my way out to pick up a copy of Neversleep, which comments on these forums have finally convinced me to try. Just when I thought I'd be able to get back to work! Will the torment never end? :cry8:

Prime
03-23-2006, 11:24 AM
EWOKS!!!

JokotoFett
04-10-2006, 11:32 PM
I would like to see more of the Mandalorian War.

Samnmax221
04-10-2006, 11:35 PM
My only request is maybe 7 or 8 planets with many areas each, and lots and lots of side quests

Lord Pickle
04-12-2006, 05:38 AM
A skill based leveling system like in Oblivion. Think of it, now things like steath are actually useful. You can truely create the character you want and no more domination by Guardians. Being a consouler would be as viable as being a Guardian.

Also no more of last bosses that are near impossible to beat by being a force specialist. Almost every bloody force attack on both Keria and Malik are saved and yet as a Guardian with a decent shield and buffing I can hack through them with no problem. I think with every sitm and force buff I can kill Malik within three rounds.

Beast-Thrasher
04-12-2006, 02:31 PM
A skill based leveling system like in Oblivion. Think of it, now things like steath are actually useful. You can truely create the character you want and no more domination by Guardians. Being a consouler would be as viable as being a Guardian.

Also no more of last bosses that are near impossible to beat by being a force specialist. Almost every bloody force attack on both Keria and Malik are saved and yet as a Guardian with a decent shield and buffing I can hack through them with no problem. I think with every sitm and force buff I can kill Malik within three rounds.

It depends on where you put your attribute points, you can be a consular but have lots of strength, or a guardian and lots of points in wisdom but generally you don't do that. Powers that work against malak are Stasis field, Plague, Force wave, throw lightsaber, drain life, force lightning and Kill, so mostly darkside powers work on Malak. With Darth Traya if you have a high wisdom and you use force enlightment its very easy, Malak is actually harder than Traya since that Sith lord isn't a fighter like Malak.

The Source
04-12-2006, 02:53 PM
Younger and Cute PC Heads for Females.
Masculane and Younger PC Heads for Males

Jae Onasi
04-12-2006, 03:29 PM
Younger and Cute PC Heads for Females.
Masculane and Younger PC Heads for Males

Naw, if I'm going to play a Goddess of the Force, I'd like my PC to look like she's seen at least a little bit of the galaxy. I don't want cute, I want drop-dead gorgeous and have the guys all fall over my PC.

Definitely more masculine males. If I'm going to be looking at him all game, I'd like him to be a manly man, not a fluff-bunny.

Lord Pickle
04-13-2006, 03:27 AM
It depends on where you put your attribute points, you can be a consular but have lots of strength, or a guardian and lots of points in wisdom but generally you don't do that. Powers that work against malak are Stasis field, Plague, Force wave, throw lightsaber, drain life, force lightning and Kill, so mostly darkside powers work on Malak. With Darth Traya if you have a high wisdom and you use force enlightment its very easy, Malak is actually harder than Traya since that Sith lord isn't a fighter like Malak.

But it is still much too hard to kill either of them as a consular at least compared to being a Guardian. I remember beating TSL the first time and having no problem with Traya. Then as a consular in was tougher, my powers were constantly being saved against even though I used the infinite XP glitch in Koriban and was something like a level 40 when facing Kriea. My point is if you spend all your time honing your fighting skills then the last boss fight isn't that bad but it isn't the same for a consular. It ain't fair that I spend all that time using the force only to have to mainly use my lightsaber to take out the last boss. Same thing happened to me in NeverWinter Nights.

So by having a skills based leveling system a guy like Malak, a Guardian should logically be owned by a force user at least as far as saving throws on force powers are concerned. As for Traya ok she is a consular and a powerful one to so the massive saving throws yet susceptibility to the saber is ok.

I forgot to mention another good feature of Oblivion was the fact that enemies level up with you so no more dungeon crwaling. Maybe that's just me because I have this insane need in KOTOR to get my character to as high a level as possible. Damn your name crystal with its highest power at level 33.

DarthZayne
04-13-2006, 05:17 AM
my wish is.

1. if they put a level limit , then be able to reach it wiout using glitch or cheat.

2. make single lightsaber more advantage , i wont explain it more cause its will be flood then.

3. multi player pazzak is possible. and should be fun.

4. more species for the main character , other than human . i have nothing againts human but after 2 main character human is very getting boring.

5. [note this comment , is for only hardcore kotor era geek]
PLEASE BE ******* acurate with the item skin's, like exar kun- light armor .
and Ulic Qel-droma mesh suit. no way they are similar to the comic book's

6. make more cool looking armor and robe item' hooded robe, armor with cape like ulic darkside , or exar should be fun.

[personal comment]
7. its should be fun to see epic kotor era character. i know they all dead , but why not make a kotor before or during the mandalorian war's
i want to see Ulic,Exar-kun . doing quest for them .

Reclaimer
04-13-2006, 08:53 AM
OK, there is enough proof now that LA is definately working on KOTOR III. Hoping that they pay attention to these posts, lets start a wish list for it.
Everyone post a reply, the more feedback, the better!

Edit: My first wish is multiplayer. Sounds a bit far fetched, but it should create, like, 4 options for multiplayer. Deathmatch, Pazzak Game, Swoop Race, and CO-OP.

Deathmatch is just like a face-off between several characters, and they just attack free-for-all, or on teams. Pazzak is pretty self-explanatory, so is swoop race.
CO-OP should be where several main characters engage in the main game, until they quit or until it ends. This would mean several parties would be out at once, each with their 2 other side characters(like T3M4 and HK-47), and the player's character. Obviously that would mean, depending on the multiplayer's party limit, there would be on option for a player to join, select his limited party members, and join. The party member ratio could be set for options like, 2 main characters and 4 side characters each, or 4 main characters and 2 side characters each, or 8 main characters and 1 side character each, or maybe even 64 main characters and 0 side characters each.

It would be cool, wouldn't it?

I have to disagree with all of that. 64 main characters? Jesus! That's a hell of lag to deal with!

Beast-Thrasher
04-13-2006, 12:11 PM
But it is still much too hard to kill either of them as a consular at least compared to being a Guardian. I remember beating TSL the first time and having no problem with Traya. Then as a consular in was tougher, my powers were constantly being saved against even though I used the infinite XP glitch in Koriban and was something like a level 40 when facing Kriea. My point is if you spend all your time honing your fighting skills then the last boss fight isn't that bad but it isn't the same for a consular. It ain't fair that I spend all that time using the force only to have to mainly use my lightsaber to take out the last boss. Same thing happened to me in NeverWinter Nights.

So by having a skills based leveling system a guy like Malak, a Guardian should logically be owned by a force user at least as far as saving throws on force powers are concerned. As for Traya ok she is a consular and a powerful one to so the massive saving throws yet susceptibility to the saber is ok.

Damn your name crystal with its highest power at level 33.

I beat Traya and I used the glitch in Korriban to get to level 15 consular and level 35 Jedi Master. Yes, yes its a cheat but I've played the game twice before without cheating so I want to see if you get an extra stuff if you level up to the MAX. I beat Traya before but as level 15 consular and level 14 Jedi Master. it was a little tougher but it was way easier than Malak. What helps at level 50 is all the bonus you get in your stats and the extra points in your attributes. Here's what really helps you beat Traya Master Force enlightment, Master flurry or sper attack...when the second part of the battle begins use force confusion on one of the lightsabers and then confuse mind on another one, leaving you some time to whack at her! I'll show a picture of my Jedi Master but not now and not in this thread, probably in those awesome pics thread.

Strange I thought the upgrades for your crystal stopped at 30 mmm interesting...

Henz
04-13-2006, 04:42 PM
Somehow making it never end

and

Loads of different Y button animations (who doesn't run around spinning their blades around n' such?)

T3-M4
04-14-2006, 04:00 AM
1. Some easier levels! I bought KOTOR II three weeks ago and I still keep on dying on Peragus II! (Stupid Mining droids.)

2. You just get a lightsaber straight away.

3. KOTOR III would probaby be the extermination of the Sith, so it would be fun to play a a sith from the start.

DarthZayne
04-16-2006, 02:19 PM
T3-M4 if ya want i can make you a crazy build Stats/item for any class .
Then the game will be a joke for ya.

1. harder please make the game harder comon please !!

2. better model's for item's (armor and robe)

3. new combat system.

4. better swoop racing mini game's

5. more special pazzak card.

6. more party member's to kill :P

Darth Essence
04-16-2006, 03:37 PM
well ... the thing i really liked in TSL .... crafting ... KIII should have even wider range of things that can be made .... more weapons ... and .. btw .. Jedi .. are suppossed to build their own sabers ... not give some parts to a guy with no knowledge of them .. so he does the dirty work ...

of course .. different hilts ... that do not look like a common metal tube ....

and .. if the planets/areas are bigger .. wider .. etc .. then ... wouldnt it be nice to be able to buy one of some different speeders .. or somethin ...

and the Ebon Hawk ... it could be sold .. and then ... buy a similar .... but new ship ...

now wouldnt that all be nice .. ?

Lantzen
04-16-2006, 06:01 PM
A new game engine
A better influence system
More planets
Bigger planets
why not a bigger game:)
and some more

shinyjedi
04-17-2006, 02:33 AM
@Zat:
Bad news. They like the influence system so much they're using it in NWN2. It's noted on the NWN2 website as a feature :nut:

I'm all for big big planets. I don't really care if they're empty. Big and empty just means more room for modders to play with.

Shato Khan
04-17-2006, 04:59 AM
Planets that are more open, at least once you get outside of cities/settlements. There wasn't much exploring because the level design led you on paths that took you directly to what you were looking for and sometimes it didn't make sense. Why would the Black Vulkar base be nearly right next to the Beks base when they hate each other so? Or the Council on Dantooine has heard of a crystal cavern but wants you to explore it when its a 3 minute jog outside of the Council front gate, I know all that standing around in the council building gets tiring but still ! :)

Having planets more like Star Wars Galaxies would be a good one as an example, though not as wide open as that but you get the point.

i agree :twogun: :sithk:

1. Some easier levels! I bought KOTOR II three weeks ago and I still keep on dying on Peragus II! (Stupid Mining droids.)

2. You just get a lightsaber straight away.

3. KOTOR III would probaby be the extermination of the Sith, so it would be fun to play a a sith from the start.
you are bad if you die on peragus ( but i am vet :) ) and you second one plenty of mods that let you do yust that.

your third only for DS :twogun: :sithk:

Curse
04-17-2006, 09:03 AM
EWOKS!!!

Ewoks! We got wookies, why not Ewoks? :P

Anyway, i want Revan back! :'(
And pretty much everything the others who replied here mentioned! :)

Niwram
04-17-2006, 10:06 AM
I have a wish: make it on PC too!!!

Darth Essence
04-17-2006, 11:03 AM
I have a wish: make it on PC too!!!

thats right ... ive seen so many games .. that arent for PC ... really frustrates ....

The Source
04-23-2006, 01:53 PM
What I really liked about the premise of 'KotOR I' was the oldstyle robes. When it came to KotOR II, I didn't mind the movies style. However, I thought they felt a little out of place timeline wise. I hope they give you a chance to obtain KotOR I style robes in KotOR III.

girlfriday
04-25-2006, 01:52 AM
ok here's my list -

1. custom player like galaxies - they did a wonderful job on galaxies, you can customize almost everything about the player and all the armor/cloth meshes and animations still work. I'd definately like to customize what i have to look at for the next 40 hours of gameplay :)

2. custom lightsaber - of course, isn't this everyone's dream? they have a good start on this already, i love being able to switch out my lenses/crystals - give me hilts !!

3. Let me wander aimlessly to level up - i say no more shuttle crashes, or not being able to leave so many parts of the game. i don't like having to kill everything when it is presented to me so i don't loose my chance to level up. i'd like baddies to respawn, so i don't have to rely on a glitch to get to upper levels.
i like being able to try and speed through parts of the game when i feel like it/ and slow down for others - and not get punished for it.

4. New planets - i'm sick of tantooine - i'd also like a reason to have to revisit planets once i've "conquered" them. So far KOTOR let's us do one main event on a planet and move on - never having to come back to a planet. I'd like to visit the planets in different parts of the story line and actually see change on the planet. The places should be treated like a character i care about - i am saving it after all. they should change and grow with the story.

5. Let me keep playing after the story ends - heh, i know this might sound dumb. for the people who don't care, it won't matter - but for me it would be nice to have some things to do after you save the galaxy. build a temple, train some guys, become a professional pazaak player - just little mini things to do - the availability could even depend on choices made throughout the story.

6. More action in fighting - though i will prob be shunned for saying this - i'd like a more-in-your-face FPS type of combat, oh how i'd love to have force jump and a lightsaber to wreak havoc on my enemies rather than clicking 'attack' and waiting while the computer rolls, and silly anims play that don't really show me how my PC owned a baddie. basically - aside from higher-up power anims, there is no difference (visually) than a lvl 1 fight or a lvl 30 fight. I want slick jedi combat anims or let me to it (FPS combat control) myself :) - is it possible to have it both ways and have a preference?

7. A complete game - i can't tell you how angry i was with the last one! please make sure that you make it complete - whatever it is.
As for story - i think i am owed having the 3rd explain the ending of the 2nd.
tell me how everything is wrapped up - so i can sleep at night.
I don't care about the specifics about the story in the 3rd one - BUT here are suggestions i'd like to see.

A - no memory loss, or have been uber powerful and have to work your way up. If i have to work my way up, then let me start a padwan or someone recently figured out they have jedi powers.

B - New ship, i love the Ebon Hawk - but let it leave with the exile. it's been a number of years and i'd like something updated.

C - Characters / dialogue in which i see the people around me grow - for good or bad. as much as i like influence, i think it would be ok to allow the NPCs to voice / act on their natural disposition to the world around them - not always reacting to my specific choices. I've said above, i'd like to see the galaxy treated as a character - NPCs should react to that as well (on their own)

D - More social relief, these games are about relationships of sorts. i like the random scenes done in the past when 2 certain characters are with each other at certain parts of the game. I think we should have more of this - makes me feel like the group has character and that i don't have 2 mindless drones following me as I alone save the galaxy.

8 - Being able to draw and holster weapons at will.

9 - Jumping

10 - Dynamic marketplace. i want to have some (not all) vendors that carry leveled loot.

11 - i want it on my PC. i want to mod it. i want less glitches. i'd like to see expansions for this title (or at least it made in a way where the community can furnish our own).

i think that's it :)

- GirlFriday

firehead2591
04-25-2006, 02:00 AM
no jumping there would be no use for it any way besides in cool moves during combat

girlfriday
04-25-2006, 02:12 AM
i disagree.
jumping can be done tastefully and add more immersion to the world that you'd react in. I'm not in anyway suggesting that jumping become a main part of gameplay (like a mario-type platform game relies on it) but it would be nice to have a few places where jumping fits in. - luke jumps out of carbonite chamber to avoid being trapped, or jumps over a hole with leah to avoid an overwhelming force.
I think my point is that RPGs shouldn't avoid action. choice is an action, combat is an action. i think to properly immerse the player into a world is comes down to what can the player do? Can i have the choice of solving a dilema with an action other than combat? or talking to a person? i think being able to run away or jump to escape provides the player with freedom of movement - another choice in a story that is just as valid as choosing option 'c' in a dialogue menu.

-GirlFriday

shinyjedi
04-25-2006, 02:43 AM
@girlfriday;
I wholeheartedly agree with everything except the Ebon Hawk. I'm all for flashing it up (see the other thread regarding the EH) but keep it nonetheless.
In particular, the "after game" play hadn't really occured to me before, probably because of the way the first two ended. Still, if this is to be the final ep, one would expect the PC to remain somewhere around, thereby making after game play viable.

Jeremia Skywalk
04-25-2006, 05:21 PM
LoL ewok as a party member. If serious i would like the game to feel somewhat like kotor one with all the sith lords features, like cool item making and stuff. only exception about kotor 1 is that there were only 4 main story planets and that is not enough for me. Also hutt PC, i once told, how is that possible (ONLY thing you level is persuade and you get 20k in start of game and you need 20million to bribe main boss. you have 200 fixed hp, 1 atk, 1 dmg (no weapons equipable) pretty neat, huh?)

Darth Essence
04-26-2006, 11:57 AM
i disagree.
jumping can be done tastefully and add more immersion to the world that you'd react in. I'm not in anyway suggesting that jumping become a main part of gameplay (like a mario-type platform game relies on it) but it would be nice to have a few places where jumping fits in. - luke jumps out of carbonite chamber to avoid being trapped, or jumps over a hole with leah to avoid an overwhelming force.
I think my point is that RPGs shouldn't avoid action. choice is an action, combat is an action. i think to properly immerse the player into a world is comes down to what can the player do? Can i have the choice of solving a dilema with an action other than combat? or talking to a person? i think being able to run away or jump to escape provides the player with freedom of movement - another choice in a story that is just as valid as choosing option 'c' in a dialogue menu.

Right .. the inability to jump sometimes really frustrates me ... sometimes switch playing between JA and kotor .. and after JA where in combat i use backflip to void enemy very often .. and in kotor it feels very ... strange ... that i cant do it ... so it would be nice if they atleast made something like that to be possible ..

Keshin
04-26-2006, 12:10 PM
Because its next-gen, I want to see REAL star wars type environments. For example, when aboard a ship, make it expansive. Have the hallways shadowy and dark, with lighting panels across the roof. Have the metallic walls reflecting the light. When looking out of the window, you can see the wonder of space, not just a black JPG with a couple of white spots. Make the coldness of space travel apparent to the player. Surround us in the star wars world with lush environments. Take away the linear feeling of the earlier games.

What I would also like to see is a more open-ended type of game, but not take away the main story. So for example, instead of being someone with amnesia with a past of being a great force wielder, this time I'd like to be someone who's just a force adept who's on the path to learning the force. Not someone who's an uBBer Jedi/sith that kicks butt around the galaxy. Instead this time let the force be overwhelming to the player and make the opposition more dangerous with the force. Show us how great and how terrible it can be.

Also I'd like to see the Light vs. Dark side thing more open and versatile. Not just a large selection of dialog options. For example, with the darkside, why not have someone similar to Palpatine become aware of this new force adept and use trickery and cunning to lure you over to the darkside to become his apprentice, to create a new rule. If you allow yourself to go that way, lets see the devastation affect your other party members. Is there a romance in the game? Well then lets see the effect it has on them. Show the tragedy of the darkside the way it is in the movies. Then on the other hand show us the hard but rewarding path of the Jedi, here we learn from masters and are surrounded by the family of the lightside. Make the difference apparent to the player!!

I guess overall I want a more in-depth gaming experience from Kotor III.

firehead2591
04-26-2006, 07:47 PM
well i don't like the idea of jumping, if they thought was necessary it they would have put it in the second game if not the first

raven10
04-26-2006, 08:18 PM
It would be cool if they start KOTORIII with period of before KOTORI, just in time of Mandalorian wars. Revan was in Outer Regions and thats where he saw a, what K3 should be about, threat for not just republic but for lot more than that. So it should be something like pre-post-qual combination of the events where they can put quite good gameplay, I mean they can extract good gameplay. I would like to know more about Revan falling for the dark side and why, what was he affraid of and what pissed him of, you know a usual birth of formerJedi to Sith, something like that.......lol
So that's how I would like to a game to start, go through events of till KOTOR I and then to continue after KOTOR II. Exile is there (before KotorI), so everitning should look ok......

raven10
04-26-2006, 08:34 PM
Allthough, Revan never fell to the dark side, and again during the preiod of his dark lord title he was not jedi either.....simply he did things he had to, now, K3 shou;d tell us what is he rendered in to, how does he end all this, if he does.....

Darth Manus
04-28-2006, 12:14 PM
Besides everything that has been suggested, I think it would be nice to see more humorous situations, and maybe a few situations where things aren't completely black and white. Also, it would be interesting if each choice had multiple ramifications, affecting later quests, instead of the fate of each planet depending on how you handle a specific main quest in it.

As for Revan and the Exile, it would be nice to see the game centered on them, maybe a bit like Legacy of Kain: Defiance. It would be nice if you could customize both of them completely, choosing their gender, alignment, specific character build, appearance and name. Revan is Revan, of course, but I wonder if he/she wouldn't be traveling using the name given after the memory loss in order to keep a low profile.

mimic666
04-29-2006, 01:26 AM
How about a total persons/animals killed on a planet? or how about like it was said before: Burn->Scald->Incinerate

Darth Manus
04-29-2006, 06:42 PM
Well, a kill count like the one in the Fallout games would be interesting, but only if you had random encounters, otherwise everyone would have very similar counts at the end of the game.

mimic666
04-29-2006, 11:47 PM
Of couse that is true, but also on Taris in K1 you can: choose to stop the sith interrogation or let it go (i.e. Kill the sith or let them kill the prisoner), help the guy who's being bullied by daviks men by the appartments and kill them or let them do thieir business and not, kill all the bounties or try to help them with their problems, and choose to kill the vulkars guarding the swoop enhancer or help them kill gadon and his followers, if you choose to kill the vulkars you can either go back to the sewers and face several more rakghouls or go out the front entrance to face a few vulkars. Just to name a few variables to change how many people you killed and that's just on Taris. The death count could be very different compared to how you play the game.

Henz
04-30-2006, 07:44 AM
Maybe repercusions for you actions. You could get away with a lot of murders. Maybe give the autorities a few brain cells and actually realise you're doing it lol. Bounty hunting side quests would be cool too once you become infamous.

Darth Manus
04-30-2006, 08:30 PM
Well, now that you mention it, having more people react differently as a result of your actions and reputation would be interesting and add more depth.

KnightHawk63
05-05-2006, 11:27 PM
The 4 main things I want in Kotor 3 would be more planets (I mean lots of planets, maybe 10). New ships, I'm sort of tired moping around the Ebon Hawk all the time I think you should have a choice of picking a new ship just. A storyline that doesn't intervene with the past 2 prequals (A whole new person with a whole new agenda and can buy his own personal ship and make his own armor and stuff). Finally I would like it that once you beat the game you can keep playing after you beat it. Like you would have minigames and miniquests that you can do, or you can do duties for like the TSF for example.

ToukonStuart
05-23-2006, 04:39 PM
More lore. More readable datapads, that you can actually "open" on to their own special display, rather than read in a cramped box in your inventory. Some holovids too. Star Wars lore is awesome, lets learn more...

Maser Splinter
05-23-2006, 04:47 PM
More lore. More readable datapads, that you can actually "open" on to their own special display, rather than read in a cramped box in your inventory. Some holovids too. Star Wars lore is awesome, lets learn more...

It would be nice to have some datapads that weren't just shoved somewhere in your inventory. But I don't want it to be like Doom 3 where you have to go through and read each things just to advance and get passwords and such...

twolf005
05-24-2006, 09:21 AM
I think KOTOR III should start before KI on Coruscant with your character as a young child (or baby). That way you can "create" your own background. Have it skip ahead through the years and show your progress. This would be a great time to bring in K1 & K2 plot points (and tidy up any that seem to bother some individuals out there) and remove the mental wipe crap. I think your character could have several side quests while youngling and then with a master. If done right, these could lead to building your lightsaber, setting up plot points and getting you trained in using whatever new engine LA decides to go with.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Darth Manus
05-24-2006, 09:31 AM
That sounds interesting, but I'd also definitely want to see what happened to Revan and the Exile. As for datapads and the like, that suggestion is also nice. More lore means more depth, and going through a huge list of items just to take another look at a datapad can be a bit annoying.

Cygnus Q'ol
05-24-2006, 09:46 AM
Actually, my wish is that they just make the D^mn game!

Prime
05-24-2006, 10:57 AM
How about a total persons/animals killed on a planet? or how about like it was said before: Burn->Scald->IncinerateWhy would we want that? It is a meaningless number in a RPG (and XP reflect much of the same thing). So the dark side guy is going to have more kills that a light side guy. So what? Why would a Jedi want a high kill count? It would just be a meaningless number...

twolf005
05-24-2006, 03:08 PM
Darth Manus, thanks for comment. Yes, it would be cool to know about Revan & Exile, but why box in their history? Why not keep giving more information here & there so we know they exist, but don't know everything about their travels? I think a third charater would give us a cool view, especially if we start on Coruscant and work our way out.

I also think it would be cool to start the game as a child of Revan & Bastilla (if you choose a male pc) or Revan (m or f pc) & Exile (m or f) or any other combination you can dream up, that is raised at the jedi temple. Two paths from there, ls to save the order/build it or ds, the "first" of the Lost 20 who goes on to help rebuild the Sith, so that it can lead to Darth Bane in another 2900+ years.

And yes, Cygnus Q'ol, I think we all want a 3rd installment, but it depends on the almighty dollar. Does Lucasarts want to invest money in something that may not make money?

On the datapad issue, I agree with ToukanStuart. What about a part of the screen (a far right column, bottom inch of the screen, etc.) that can be scrolled up & down when you get something added to your data pad? It can be hidden when not in use. I think it could spead up the game and make it easier.

Please respond if you have opinions. Thanks.

EDIT: Don't respond - I'm still new. I didn't see the other threads. I apologize for posting on the wrong thread. I will do better next time...

igyman
05-24-2006, 03:23 PM
What I really liked about the premise of 'KotOR I' was the oldstyle robes. When it came to KotOR II, I didn't mind the movies style. However, I thought they felt a little out of place timeline wise. I hope they give you a chance to obtain KotOR I style robes in KotOR III.

Yes! Finaly a person who thinks K1 robes gave you a better feel of the
KoTOR era than those from TSL.

Vaelastraz
05-25-2006, 10:45 AM
1.) More of a challenge
2.) Balancing
3.) More Power over those who follow the PC
4.) intelligent story, of a tension similar to that of the Saw movies
5.) new feats, new powers, new engine, new soundtracks, new abilites, new Npc, new environment,...

Lord Fraybin
05-25-2006, 11:18 AM
I want better graphics, which goes without saying as KOTOR II was light years behind the competition when released.

I want interactive enviroments.
Blaster marks on walls, stuff that breaks when it's lightsabered or blasted.
I want to be able to CUT through doors and walls with my lightsaber, just like the movies.
Allow me to blow holes in walls with my thermal detonators.
The enviroments need to be more lush and detailed and destructable.

How about a physics engine? Cups and bottles that shatter and fall off shelves. Boxes and canisters that break.
Heck - how about pictures on walls? Garbage in the streets?

NPC's that have agendas and behave more along the lines of "Oblivion" NPCs.

People should react to a jedi helping, or a sith hacking someone in half.

I want a more mature game, or at least the option to make it more mature, with (god forbid) blood, and dismemberment. I mean come on??? No arms or heads hacked off? Not a single speck of blood in a game where lightsaber, blaster and melee combat are the norm?
Seriously - I expect at least an arm or two to go flying.

How about FORCE FORMS that actually change you characters stance, attack and defensive moves/animations?

I want FREEDOM in the game. I want to be able to ruthlessly hack someone in half - without having a conversation first. If I want to kill some civilian, for no apparent reason, and be a true sith, then.. I should be allowed to do that.
That's one of the things I loved about Never Winter Nights- you could attack anyone, be as evil as you wanted. The only limit was on plot advancing NPC's. All other meatbags were killable.

I want a LARGER world to explore. Hidden caves should not be right around the corner.

Dump the stupid turret mini game. Swoop racing and pazzak were fun, but the turret on the ship?? Man that was pure cheese.

Prime
05-25-2006, 12:06 PM
I want FREEDOM in the game. I want to be able to ruthlessly hack someone in half - without having a conversation first. If I want to kill some civilian, for no apparent reason, and be a true sith, then.. I've never really understood why people want to be able to do this. How does running around indiscriminantly hacking up women and children make someone more of a Sith?

darthcarth
05-25-2006, 05:07 PM
Lord fraybin it looks like u want more of a fps type game and dont get anyone started on that topic.

Well heres what i want

1. freedom to explore ad do other stuff i dont not just want to be forced along the story line kotor 1 let u feel a little more free but kotor 2 just seemed to push u along the story path.

2. better animations like most people seeing the same animation over and over again got boring.

3. More npcs for u to chose from i mean sure u got to chose weather u got mira or hanhar but realy only 1 choice i thought their would be way more.

4. Lightsaber stances that change how u hold your light saber and give different animations like i said seeing the same thing bored me to death.

5. More stuff with different models i dont want to just find the same armor just with a different skin i want to find a new model same with weapons.

6. This might not come ture either but a face customizer so u can choose what u want to look like instead of choose 1 out of 12 or so faces.

7. A better starting place peragus was boring their wasnt any one to talk too besides atton and nothing cool to pick up or to go out of your way to find.

8. better darkside options and for your party members to act evil and not just with u maybe some random dialoge of a party member asking if he or she can kil some one.

9. more side quests that u can find along your way to complete the main quest i realy dont want to have to talk to my party members ten or so times to get the all of the real interesting side quests.

Lord Fraybin
05-26-2006, 12:46 PM
You don't understand why a person would want freedom in an RPG?

Granted, my suggestion was presented in the crudest most primitive sense; indulge me as the ‘point’ is not about being a homicidal maniac.

It’s about allowing the player to ‘role-play’ their characters, however they want.

In real life – every action has a consequence; when an RPG captures that essence, it significantly aids in the suspension of disbelief.
IMHO all NPCs should be ‘killable’, simply because people aren’t immortal and shouldn’t be treated ‘in-game’ as if they are.
Not only does it aid in the immersion factor, but it can significantly alter game play.

Imagine for a moment a fight in a crowded bar; you throw a plasma grenade at your attackers, and the blast accidentally kills an innocent NPC.
Good job there Mr. Jedi. Way to represent…..
Maybe using powerful explosives in a crowded bar isn’t such a good idea??

See it’s not so much that people want to be homicidal, it’s that we want a more immersive gaming experience than KOTOR and TSL tightly scripted and linear experience provided.
Don’t get me wrong. I enjoyed both series, but I would have loved them more had they provided the level of interaction and freedom that series like Fallout 2 or Neverwinter Nights provided.
If anything – the Star Wars franchise should be pushing the boundaries on what ‘can’ actually be done in a game.

Edit: Oh.. and I forgot to mention: MULTIPLAYER for crying out loud!!!

Seriously - playing through Neverwinter with one of my buddies was the best computer RPG experiences of my life.
I would completely FREAK being able to do that in the Star Wars universe.

And meaning no disrespect to fans, but SWG really sucks - IMHO.

Revan466
06-05-2006, 03:04 AM
Here's, my wishlist.
1.) More,Faces.
2.) Design, your own robe.
3.) Design,your lightsaber hilt
4.) Hear,your npc's responses.
5.) More,platforms to be released on.
6.) More,Bosses to fight.
7.) New,and old party members.
8.) Revan, partime Npc,Exile, partime Npc.
9.) More,damage on Blasters,Lightsabers,and Melee Weapons.
10.) Longer,game time.

Yours Truly,
Revan466

Prime
06-05-2006, 12:31 PM
Edit: Oh.. and I forgot to mention: MULTIPLAYER for crying out loud!!!Actually, if you do a search, IIRC most of the people around here were against MP KOTOR.

Q
06-06-2006, 05:59 AM
Let's see... How about:

-Actual differences in animation regarding lightsaber forms. When the PC chooses a different form the animation should show him/her/it attack and defend in a different way.

-Actual defence animation! During the PC's or NPC's defense roll, they should actually make a defensive move, more than they did in the first two games, and it should be something more than just dodging to the side or ducking (we're dealing with JEDI here, are we not?). How about a backflip or two (ala Obi-Wan or Luke) or that sideways twist/roll/flip thing that Darth Maul made famous (my favorite!)? :lsduel:

-A little leeway in the romance department so you can woo the NPC of your choice-AND ACTUALLY GET SOME(WHERE)? :naughty:

-A "difficult" setting THAT'S ACTUALLY DIFFICULT? I love that feeling of accomplishment when I slay a challenging opponent!

-How about some good ol' BODY DISMEMBERMENT ala JA?

-How about some INCUDED modding tools this time, so you don't have to be a FRIGGIN' CODE-BREAKING SAVANT (that was a compliment to all you modders out there, in case you were wondering :xp: ) if you want to mod the game?

Just a few thoughts off the top of my head.

Q

Lord Foley
06-17-2006, 12:37 AM
I was thinking about it, and I thought it would be a cool idea if your robes and your tunic were seperate in KotOR III. You could also wind up wearing a robe over your armor too, and for the more bulky armor they could have you not be able to wear a robe with it. This would also allow you to mix and match your outfit for maximum awesomeness!

Feagildin
06-17-2006, 01:05 AM
I just wanna be able to play dark side without being a thug.

Lord Foley
06-17-2006, 01:18 AM
I just wanna be able to play dark side without being a thug.

Oh, man, is that the truth. Same goes for both sides of the Force. In both KotOR I and II, you are either so selfless that you'd die to give a poor man fifty credits, or you simply kill people "Because you want to". Why can't you be a manipulative, or actually intelligent Sith for once?

Sith_Lord_Alzar
06-17-2006, 03:59 PM
here is my wishlist
1.gore for god sakes and more realistic a lightsaber would go through sword
2.make yur own character like on galaxies and that
3.races to choose from
4. make things harder to find
5.after yu finish game let us continue playing so make more odd jobs
6.mak yur own lightsaber color etc
7.more realistic
i really hope it has most the stuff

Browny11uk
06-17-2006, 05:57 PM
I would love a co-op game it woulbe so great what about online fighting & stuff liek tht tht would be so great. Also you know when your in the spcae suit you should walk allot slowr kkotor1 was to lsow but kotor2 is to fast u move faster thn u would with out the suit lol

codebreaker13
06-17-2006, 10:56 PM
Note: Cortosis allows swords to block lightsabers.

Changes:
1) Choose your character: Revan, Exile, or a new character.
2) More than two endings.
3) Updates on robes, hoods, and items.
4) Co-op mode
5) More than 3 party members at a time.
6) Variety in the lightsaber strikes (unpredictable)
7) The story "must" follow KOTOR II as if the ORGINAL endings were in the game.
8) Every sub quest should be resolved.
9) Kill many party members (except romance characters and player character)
10) Decaptations and what not but not to a degree where its a GTA
11) The ability to see all of the dark side heads at the start of the game!
12) Count Dooku style lightsaber
13) HK 47 needs to be capable of using lightsabers (part of assassination protocol) maybe 4 like General Grievous
14) Big surprise ending that is not obivious (KOTOR II)
15) Many main quest options instead of one main quest there should be many or many ways to complete it.
16) Choices need to have visible long term effects.
17) Ulimited force (to a degree) and long scale powers
18) Planets should include (Sith Unknown Regions, Taris Restoration Project, Coruscant, and many others.
19) Sith Lords need to have a relation with the main character (Malak and Revan, Luke and Darth Vader)
20) Party members need to be more realistic, if they go dark side due to influence their morals should change too. (e.g. ultimate dark side Disciple will not lose influence for killing someone)

RellikRats
06-21-2006, 03:12 AM
To expand on the better Dark Side options: A Sith should be conniving, a user, a power hungry individual with the ability to do some good acts for selfish motives without taking Light Side points.

Basically, more options similar to [Lie]"Blah-blah-blah."

The idea is that the Sith craves power. Helping one party over another might grant access to people or resources that can be used to insinuate themselves higher in a particular power structure.

Palpatine as the Chancellor is a prime example. Is anyone going to tell me that he started sliding back to the Light Side simply because he did some things to help the republic in order to further his ambition of becoming emperor? Of course not. Even his good acts were motivated by evil.

Just saying there should be a way to do that so you don't have to simply be a donkey's arse to get ahead.

Revan13251
06-21-2006, 02:43 PM
my wishlist for kotor 3:
1. alot more headbands, implants, gloves, belts etc...
2. better character development (tsl had almost none)
3. alot more planets, not necisarily all new ones
4. better character custumization (not just humans, facial features, skin tone)
5. a long sidequest that gives you ultimate armor (ex. a quest involving revan, alowing you to obtain revans equiptment from when he was a sith)
6. no more space/turret battles
7. make rare items like marco ragnos gauntlets more expensive when you try to sell them

Winchester
06-21-2006, 06:11 PM
Hey, when did I get an account here? Don't remember ever posting before, but I was apparently already registered. Strange...

Anyways, my wishlist:

First, give us companion characters that have internally consistant stats! Very few of the characters in TSL had stats that suited their classes, or eventual Jedi classes. Visas and Atton were especially bad, being classes that really need high INT but being stuck at ten. Disciple was totally unsuited to becoming a Jedi Consular with his low WIS and CHA. Also, someone screwed up by the numbers when setting the starting VP/FP on many of the characters - the Exile at level 2 has half again as many VP and FP as Visas has at level 6, with the same WIS and CON, and the same class. (that's with no toughness feats.) Kreia has a similar problem, only not as pronounced as Visas due to her being three levels lower when you get her. I've been using KSE to rearrange the stats to reflect a more logical approach (Reduce Visas' DEX by two, raise her INT by four and her CHA by 1 (same point total), add 18 skill points to reflect the INT bonus; similar changes for Atton), but if I could make a more permanent change through a mod I'd be plenty happy.

2) More planets - though not neccessarily plot vital. Both games so far inevitably trigger the endgame once you've done all the main quests, which means that the game is still dreadfully linear. Imagine this instead:

Once the game gets going, and you're free to choose your own way, you get four planets to visit in any order. Do the main quest on any two, and it will unlock a fifth planet - which one depends on the combination, so there's a total of four new planets. There's one planet available for unlocking through one of you companion's influence dialogues, and another planet choice unlocked depending on whether you're light or dark. All planets have quests involving all the others. BUT, you can only do a certain number of them before triggering the endgame. (unless you do them in the supersecret semi-mythical "perfect" sequence, which involves lots of going back and forth, in which case you can do them all in the same game). This, of course, neccessitates making the obligatory non-skippable introduction as short as possible so you don't bore people to death from having to replay it the ten times it takes to get all the content....

3) Bring back respawning enemies. Or make evading or disabling an enemy you won't get another chance at killing be worth equal XP. In TSL, surviving meant killing *everything* that could be killed, since using non-violent means of disabling stuff netted two thirds the XP at best. Just turning off the droids on Peragus cost me a level, since I didn't get more than a couple of hundred for doing it and they were worth nearly 2000 if I'd just destroyed them. Unfair to non-combat characters!

4) Please, no more "stuck until you're done" plot devices. TSL had a ton of them - you're shot down three or four times, and need repairs before being able to move on - or a new ship. It got kind of tedious.

SP

RellikRats
06-22-2006, 05:05 PM
4) Please, no more "stuck until you're done" plot devices. TSL had a ton of them - you're shot down three or four times, and need repairs before being able to move on - or a new ship. It got kind of tedious.

SP

Laws, yes! I got so sick of never being able to just come in for a freakin' landing. "Here, go do some gratuitous-plot-related-yet-horribly-coincidental exploring whilst I once again fix the ship, or let's spend another 45 minutes of gaming time getting another ship without actually advancing the plot. I don't know. One shot and my ship's down. I wish my enemies were that easy to disable/destroy... Okay, no I don't, but you get the pic. Sometimes it seems like you're just hanging out with Tom Bombadil rather than moving the story along.

Of course, I loved every minute of it :nut:

Shato Khan
07-01-2006, 09:47 PM
1 darth nhilusis robes and mask
2 the ablerty to kill whatever you want

TKA-001
07-02-2006, 03:24 PM
Not sure what I want story-wise since I know so little about KOTOR 3, but for now...

1. Revan appears near the end as an NPC since he's really needed to wrap the storyline up (maybe have the Exile return too).

2. Most of the previous party members return (except of course Mission, Zaalbar, and Juhani) some with larger roles than others.

3. The player finds a Force Ghost of Kreia somewhere.

4. HK-47 and T3-M4 return in the party.

5. Better influence system. In The Sith Lords, Handmaiden responds well to me helping someone, no matter how dark/light she is. There shouldn't be stuff like that in KOTOR 3.

6. -A little leeway in the romance department so you can woo the NPC of your choice-AND ACTUALLY GET SOME(WHERE)?

7. Different animations for lightsaber moves (which depend on the form you use).

8. MORE THAN ONE DEATH ANIMATION!

9. Better Star Wars feel with more movie sounds and music (especially music).

That's all I can think of right now.

Darth InSidious
07-02-2006, 04:54 PM
I've never really understood why people want to be able to do this. How does running around indiscriminantly hacking up women and children make someone more of a Sith?

Good question.

You never see/hear of, say, Marka Ragnos going round on random killing sprees...

kookaburra
07-06-2006, 09:18 AM
-The characters from both KOTOR stories also should have more story details to their personal lives.

-More story depth on Bastila, Carth, and their companions.

-Also explaining the story, explaining what happened to Revan and why he chose to leave his companions behind. How Revans companions are dealing with the pain. Explain what happened to the Jedi academy on both sides of the force. (LS/DS)

-Have a decent full-filling ending either a happy ending

KyleOfHarpenden
08-15-2006, 06:48 PM
different hilts
hoods
better masks,belt,implants,gloves etc.
capes
force pull(can take away enermys weapons)
force levitate (u lift an oponent up and then push them across the room)
multi choke power
styles to look different

Web Rider
08-17-2006, 10:24 PM
I'm not sure what's been mentioned or even if I've posted.
1: But I want to see an awesome storyline. New Hope was awesome, Empire Strikes back was ok, and Return of the Jedi was again, awesome. I doubt it's too extremely hard to top Kotor2.

2: honest to goodness completly different endings for ls/ds. I dont want the entire game to be exactly the same except for if your DS you take over the universe and LS you save it.

3: interactive terrain. I just threw a grenade at a guy standing next to a building and there's not so much as a crack in the floor.

4: I second...or third, I dont know how many people want it, the idea of being able to kill random people on the "street". This was a great aspect of all the Grand Theft Auto games because it threw in the random element of how much of a nice guy you were and your police record. In Kotor's case, if your LSing it up and you kill random people, aside form darkside points it would give you some kind of bad standing with your party members, the jedi order...and the local police. Dialogue would differ, like with influence, you would have "trust" and after killing alot of random people, your more light-sided party members wouldnt trust you, hence wouldnt talk to you/like you, or have craptacular romances with you. And not killing people would be just the opposite, you help all those poor saps who are getting beat up by thugs and LS points, more trust, cops and jedi order like you, of course, in turn, the sith would hate you more.

5: I want mental light/dark side transitions for my NPCs. Brianna may be way dark-sided, but she still thinks killing people is bad. We need characters who are dark-sided to ACT dark sided, like the emperor in RotS, they will incourage you to kill people, or maybe kill people themselves for no reason, start random fights. If your trying to lightside and your darksided NPC does things you dont like, it will make you try harder to turn them back to the light(and you would HAVE the ability to do this). Going with my want up above, if your dark side and try to kill some hapless guy, your lightsided people may step in and either take the blow or do the old "you gotta go through me first!" either would be great. In addition, I want to be able to darkside it up without half my crew trying to kill me with conscience, or lightside it up and have some hot chick(I'm a guy, if your a girl, you can have a male version) always tempting me and stuff to be less good.

6: A voice would be awesome. May a middle-tone-male, a low male, a high female and a middle-female. That would be enough. They have pretty good voice-synthesizers these days, it would take up a little disk/HD space, but it would be awesome to have, be able to set your tone and pitch, (after picking your gender of course), and then it would play a sample of the voice. Heck, this would even allow for the AI to register and possibly understand you own thoughts. Ever wanted to tell X character to just piss off? Such a system for registering words(built-in dictionary) would be resource/hd space intensive, but fun as all hell.

6: I second/thrid/fourth any and all requests for hoods, capes, and visible gloves, and lightsaber hilt goodies. though they are all very minro on my list.

lessthanjake2
08-18-2006, 02:28 AM
I agree with a lot of whats already been said, but I wont repeat stuff too much. Here are things that I dont think have been said or have only been said once.

1. Expand even more on the upgrade system. You should be able to upgrade belts and headgear and gloves.

2. Fix the problems in K2s upgrading system where for 80% of the game the best weapons were just the ones you could put upgrades in. I mean when I find Freedon Nadds personal lightsaber I want to actually have it be better than a generic one, but it wasnt because upgrades made a regular one better and Freedon Nadds wasnt upgradeable. The way you fix that is by making everything upgradeable, but have better weapons be able to also have better upgrades. That way, its mildly cool everytime you find a new, slightly better weapon.

3. A 4th combat feat (besides flurry, power attack, and critical strike), one that maybe raises your attack and defense by a lot. It would be good in dealing with really powerful enemies where other feats will end in misses on the attacking end.

4. Make an actually difficult setting for people who want a combat challenge. I usually dont want it to be too hard to first time through cause I am paying attention to the story but once I already know the story I want a harder game to focus more on the combat aspect.

5. Make the droid only weapons not worthless. I mean, to be honest, the only time the droid weapons were worth it was at the very start on Peragus when an Ion Striker took things down in one hit. After that, they were crap.

6. Make single lightsabers worth it. Either make the dueling feats a lot better or make single lightsabers do more damage per hit. That makes sense. If you are using two lightsabers you are attacking using one arm for each. With a single lightsaber you are using the power of both arms to attack. That should mean more damage per hit. It could do maybe a flat +10 extra in damage or something.

7. I want to have hacking into things to do stuff actually give you MORE experience than just running in and hacking things down. You should get the EXP youd get for killing the people AND EXP for using the skill. You should be rewarded for have the skills.

8. Change the mastery bonuses. Dont make them so that you have to be all the way one direction light or dark. Not only does that put neutral at a disadvantage, it also makes you feel like you cant do anything light side as a dark sided player or vice versa in fear of weakening your PC. That puts you on a one track thing in my opinion. You should get a different bonus based on class and general alignment. For instance, if you are a guardian leaning towards DS you could get 1-8 damage, you could get +3 strength if you are LS and rougly neutral should get maybe +5 attack or something.

9. Have there be lighthearted responses again. I remember laughing out loud at a lot of the possible responses in K1 (for instance stuff like, "I am a Hutt in human form"). K2 didnt have those. K3 should.

10. Have planets inhabited mostly by species other than humans. I thought it was interesting to learn about Wookie and Selkath ways and culture when you visited Kashyyk and Manaan in K1. Every planet in K2 was mostly human. There WERE aliens but you didnt learn about how they lived or anything.

11. It is all well and good to have some of your NPCs be able to become Jedi but it makes other NPCs worthless. The speed tree of powers is so effective in combat that non Jedi NPCs became not viable in combat. There needs to be something to counteract that. I mean once Mira and Atton became Jedi, there was no reason to use HK-47 or Mandalore for ranged support becuase theyd get 2 less attacks per round. I dont know how to fix this but maybe feats for non-Jedi that are only available at later levels that are equivalent to speed.

12. A rather straightforward main plot that doesnt involve rather confusing non reality concepts like someone being an echo in the force. Stuff like that is just weird.

13. Bring back the quests for each party member. In K1 Carth had the Dustil quest, Bastila had her mother, Juhani had her slaver guy, Canderous had the guy challenging him to a duel, Misson had the Griff quest, etc etc. There should be optional quests involving things about the NPCs background or just involving them in general. I mean just off the top of my head, here are some things that couldve been in K2. You couldve found some Mandalorians for Mandalore. You couldve had Exchange side quests involving G0-T0 etc etc.

14. More banter between party members when they are together in your party. K1 had it a bit. K2 didnt have it at all.

15. If there needs to be a big planet at the start that you cant get off of until you finish it (like Taris/Telos), dont make it take forever to leave. That hurts replay value.

16. You should be able to do non plot related things for influential groups in the Old Republic Star Wars world. I want to be able to take jobs for Czerka or The Exchange for credits. I want to maybe be involved in smuggling wars between The Exchange and the Hutts. Just suggestions but you get what I mean.

17. I want enemies to actually use force powers. That just didnt happen in K2. It happened some in K1. But it makes combat more interesting. I mean you can have a game plan for combat that involves one person doing ranged combat, one casting buffing powers, and one charging in and hacking people, but if your charging guy gets hit with Insanity you are gonna need to improvise. Or if ive got an attacking consular as a big part of my battle plan I want to have battles where the opposing guy uses force immunity, screwing up what I want to do. Cause otherwise it just gets boring doing the same routine every battle. I wanna HAVE to change it up a bit.

18. You should be part of at least one large scale battle and leading troops (kinda like Onderon at the end of K2 but bigger). It would be awesome to be in command of a lot of guys and have to choose a tactic for success in your battle. An idea would be to have 3 seperate forces of like 15 guys under your command (obviously 15 guys isnt actually a lot but we gotta take game engines into account, so you cant lead really big armies). And then you could tell the leader of each group where to attack and it would be possible to do things like have one group attack one way but just be a red herring for your main attack elsewhere. Sounds complicated but all I am invisioning is the battle on Onderon but with a few different ways to the palace and soldiers actually under your command which provides options on how to approach the battle. I think it would be an appropriate thing to be in a KOTOR game seeing as the supreme tactics of Revan are always mentioned.

19. Better looking combat in general. People have already mentioned this stuff but different lightsaber forms should look different, and they shouldnt use the same animation for every flurry attack or power attack or something. I sorta want things to look like a real duel. You get that kinda if you choose the normal attack option.

20. More local hang out sorta places. Cantinas, pazaak places, hunting lodges. More interesting places like that where you can do miscellaneous stuff.

Alright I could go on and on, but ill be done now.

generalvaklu321
08-18-2006, 02:41 AM
okay, I'll do my best to distinguish mine from everybody else's
1. Finish creating the game, dont rush it. I'm talking to you Obsidian!
2. Different Lightsaber/Melee attacks. Add a few more, instead of just having Attack/Flurry/Power/Critical
3. Robes and Capes, with attributes to them
4. Better blaster deflect animation
5. Return of some characters, at least Reven, The Exile, and HK-47 (the coolest droid)
6. 3 endings: Good, Evil, AND Neutral. political extremes are for communists and facists
7. Better Melee/Lightsaber animation
8. [I'm not ic, I'm just a loser] Make it rated M. Be able to be much more evil. Like attacking beggars for their sandwich. Or, go on homocidal rampages through densly-populated urban areas.
9. Continue the story
10. Trick out the Ebon Hawk

Web Rider
08-18-2006, 02:45 AM
okay, I'll do my best to distinguish mine from everybody else's

6. 3 endings: Good, Evil, AND Neutral. political extremes are for communists and facists

10. Trick out the Ebon Hawk

how about a "Pimp my Starship" minigame/reality tv show in the game? lol

I like the neutral ending, could be interesting. "and I just fade into the shadows, not doing anything important at all......"

Negative Sun
08-18-2006, 01:58 PM
OK, there is enough proof now that LA is definately working on KOTOR III.

Ummm, I've kinda been out of the KotOR info loop for a while, can anyone please point me into the direction of this proof?

Negative Sun
08-22-2006, 09:09 AM
Shameless bump...

Prime
08-22-2006, 10:57 AM
Shameless bump...Shameless or not, bumping is not permitted in this forum. Please don't in the future. People will respond if they desire in their own time.

Negative Sun
08-22-2006, 11:28 AM
Ok, sorry...
I just didn't think it was such a hard question, can you help me?

ElizLestrad
08-22-2006, 12:19 PM
Things I would Like:

1) To Play Revan Again!
Why? Because after painstakingly crushing the republic and re-capturing the StarForge in a pure and rightious effort to free the Republic from the grasp of the Jedi slime I want to know what the hell Revan found so important that he'd abandon everything! Literally I cant think of a single darn thing. All that work and what happens? It all falls apart anyways and what tatters of the Sith are left are lead by wannabe dark jedi (Well, with the exception of maybe Nihilus and Sion)

2) Keep at least Duxn.
Why? Id like to have a story with more than two possible endings (light and dark). Id like to be able to finish reviving the Mandalorian clans, become their appointed leader and then conquer the galaxy as the Mandalorians! Another Bassilisk ride would be nice too.Those things are awsome. I honestly dont know why people complain because the KotoR version of the Bassilisk War Droid is a heck of alot cooler than what people seem to think it looks like (Some robotic animal. Which is actually the Bassilisk War Mount.)

3) More Customization
I definitly like that Idea. Id also like to be able to instead of having feats forced on me during character creation. Id like full freedom in what feats I get from level 1-20. Maybe even make it so we can select our characters race and such.

4) More Armor and Better Headbands
I definitly agree with this too. The headbands were definitly....meh. Id like to see more helmets and masks and such.

Well, thats all I can think of for now.

Prime
08-22-2006, 01:35 PM
Ok, sorry...
I just didn't think it was such a hard question, can you help me?There is no proof currently.

But you can look at the conjecture. (http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=152913)

Kurzon
09-04-2006, 01:54 PM
I think KOTOR3 should either be an FPS/RPG hybrid ala Vampire: Bloodlines, or a more classic isometric perspective like Baldur's Gate 2. The former will allow for ultimate action, the latter will allow for ultimate tactical play. KOTOR 1 and 2 are somewhere in between and the result is not very good. Fights aren't very stimulating when all you do is chain Force powers and special attacks. I played those games for the story and characters, not for the fights.

Also, I want it to dispense with the corridor approach. If we revisit Dxun, I don't want to go through ravine mazes again, I want to go through an actual jungle. If they could do Far Cry on an XBox they certainly could have done it for KOTOR.

Finally, I want to get rid of lifeless objects being imbued with the Force. The Force should emanate/flow from living things, not from crystals or Sith tombs or robes. That dark side hotspot on Dagobah that Yoda showed to Luke was teeming with creatures, so I figure it was only the life in there that allowed the dark side to take strong root.

Jediphile
09-04-2006, 02:19 PM
1) To Play Revan Again!
Why? Because after painstakingly crushing the republic and re-capturing the StarForge in a pure and rightious effort to free the Republic from the grasp of the Jedi slime I want to know what the hell Revan found so important that he'd abandon everything! Literally I cant think of a single darn thing. All that work and what happens? It all falls apart anyways and what tatters of the Sith are left are lead by wannabe dark jedi (Well, with the exception of maybe Nihilus and Sion)

You don't need to play Revan to get that answer. Of course Revan's unknown fate should be at the core of the game (well, at least I think so), but given that you always begin these games at level 1, I'd rather play a new character who learns of and perhaps meets Revan than having Revan lose his memories again and begin over AGAIN!

Besides, you seem to presume a DS Revan, which is always a no-no. Not that the way you played is "wrong", no matter whether canon says Revan is LSM or not (and it does). But regardless, the plot of K2 must work for all the possible paths Revan could take in K1 (LSM, LSF, DSM, or DSF). For example, I prefer a LSM Revan as a major character on the jedi council or whatever, but it's not possible because Revan could have been evil. No matter what, the story must fit for both good and evil Revan. Enter the true Sith...

2) Keep at least Duxn.
Why? Id like to have a story with more than two possible endings (light and dark). Id like to be able to finish reviving the Mandalorian clans, become their appointed leader and then conquer the galaxy as the Mandalorians! Another Bassilisk ride would be nice too.Those things are awsome. I honestly dont know why people complain because the KotoR version of the Bassilisk War Droid is a heck of alot cooler than what people seem to think it looks like (Some robotic animal. Which is actually the Bassilisk War Mount.)

Rather than go into why, I shall simply quote from K2:

HK-47: "Statement: Why, your own life, master. Your single life changed the face of the galaxy, of history itself.Malachor V was an impressive act of destruction, but its impact on the lives of others in the galaxy was far more extreme.I mean, master, you brought about the death of the Mandalorian race. I doubt they realize it yet, but you dealt them a blow from which they will never recover."

Kreia (if asked about the future of the Mandalorians at the end of the game): "They will die a death that will last millennia, until all that remains is their code, their history, and in the end, the shell of their armor upon the shell of a man, too easily slain by Jedi."

Davinq
09-04-2006, 02:31 PM
Alrighty peeps, my K3 wishlist:

1. Different combat system. The current one, while the saber moves still look sweet, are very limited. If we could actually have more freedom of movement sort of thing, the combat would be vastly improved.

2. Maps. NO MORE CORRIDORS! ‘Nuff said.

3. Graphics. Okay, so they are going to be much improved, I’ll make a small list of improvements I would like to see. Firstly, more maimed corpses, as seen in JA. Also, I’d like blaster scoring to affect the environment, not just grenades and mines. I read in the newspaper about a much cheaper and more realistic looking facial graphics system now being employed, and I would like to see that.

4. More interactive environment. Pushing blades of grass aside on Dantooine is a neat touch and all, but it kills fps. I would like to see the environment interact to you more without killing the frames, eg. Small animals skittering into the bushes in your presence, more shadowing, more convincing water graphics, etc.

5. More complex alignment dialogues. It’s really stupid how darksiders just say “time to die” over and over again, when a true fall to the dark side is much more complex (Anakin trying to protect Padme, Jacen trying to save Luke from his visions) It’s a lot more complex, and I think the storywriters should treat it that way.

6. Music. Alright, it’s great and all how entirely new scores are being made for KotOR, but the fact that the only score from the movies was the force theme, and it was only played in the Taris apartment and in the Rakata temple kind of pissed me off. I want more song references to the movies!

7. More PC skins. Being a blonde male, I was disappointed to see, in both versions of KotOR, that there was only one blonde male skin, neither of which looked a thing like me. Others, such as brown haired and dark-skinned skins, got a lot more attention and different skins. Black and Red hair also received minimal attention.

dntab

RobQel-Droma
09-04-2006, 02:43 PM
No new game engine. New character.

I'm too lazy to say anything else, as I would normally go into a long post. These were just two major ones.

Nema_Suneimi
09-04-2006, 05:50 PM
I'm still thinking about this one (and may edit/truncate the post later), and I agree with much of what has already been said. At least a couple things on my mind:

1. Consequences for theft: to cut down on wanton container looting -- either someone calls you on it more often (like the man who interrupts you on TSL Citadel), or you take local law faction hits or crime faction bonuses.

2. Force power friendly fire, more responsive party members, and more realistic party member switchouts -- I really admire a game like SW: Republic Commando because of the party AI and the wealth of banter while sweeping through areas and engaging the enemy. The few generic combat cries in KotOR get old really fast. As for switching out party members, I was thinking that using a comlink would be more realistic.

3. A greater number of recruitable party members to fill a limited number of slots. I don't mind having a few forced party members who are involved with the main story, but I think replay value is greatly enhanced by a variety of allies with their own side-quests and relationship dynamics wrt other party members (maybe a certain pair would hook up, or another pair would fight). If party members are killed, you can go back to recruit one of the extras.

4. Storywise, I can't help but want certain characters to return -- Carth, Canderous, Atton; Bastila (I don't care for her all that much, but she is simply a vital figure as a surviving old-order Jedi and was inexplicably absent for too much of TSL). When Bastila mentions that she doesn't think she can wait much longer for Revan's return, it seems to invite a K3 storyline in which she does go into the Unknown Regions with a crew of adventurers (Carth as an admiral makes it difficult to figure him into a small crew, though :cry6: ).

5. Alignment options, particularly DS, should be more subtle, there should be more gray areas. Something I liked about TSL was the idea Kreia introduced, that sometimes a blindly generous gesture can lead to regrettable consequences -- right after that dialogue, that dude shows up to reclaim the Ebon Hawk, and no matter how you play it, he ends up dead. I think that there should be options where you can take a neutral or muddy choice and end up better off than if you'd taken a more absolute route. And the game should not be so heavily geared towards LS points rewarded -- or there should only be fractional gains, say, if you give T3 a compliment, jeez.

6. Character creation: if it were simple to incorporate a more complex system like in Oblivion or even SW Galaxies, I'd be all for it. But that's not essential. I *would* prefer, however, to be able to customize the hairstyles or head gear to a certain extent. In many cases I'd like a certain face but prefer the hairstyle from another head... The male heads really ought to be more attractive/appealing, as well.

Kurzon
09-05-2006, 08:02 AM
I also think the light vs dark issue should be distanced a little from the classic good vs evil. The dark side isn't essentially evil, though amplified anger and hate does make a man more prone to evil. A darksider could actually be a hero, though his inner darkness is a serious liability (as Revan found out to his detriment). Likewise, the light side of the Force isn't essentially good, but simply the absence of darkness, though people who suppress their anger and hatred will . Heroism, altruism and sacrifice a Jedi values, not aspects of the Light side. A Jedi who forgives someone for cutting off his arm should get a LS point for letting go of his anger and hatred, even though he has the right to (and arguably should on principle) arrest his attacker so that he may be tried and punished.

Jediphile
09-05-2006, 09:40 AM
^^^^

There we disagree. Star Wars is very much a morality play strongly rooted in the struggle between good and evil, where jedi=good and sith=evil. There can be nuances, like the masters in TSL, who are a bit too arrogant, or where Kreia is not "evil for evil's sake" despite being sith, but the categories are still pretty sharply divided, even in TSL, where the masters have "fallen" from being jedi because of their arrogance, and Kreia is still evil, since she is willing to manipulate and sacrifice others to further her own agenda.

And as for being good in spite of being dark sided, all the cases I can think of demonstrate the exact opposite - you cannot wield the dark side as a weapon without being corrupted by it. The dark side is like the one ring in LOTR. I think Elrond put it best: "The ring is evil. To wield it, you would have to become evil!" The dark side is like that. Just as Boromir and Denethor tried to wield the ring for doing good only to have their efforts turn to evil, so the dark side corrupts those who try to use it for a benevolent purpose. It certainly happened for Ulic Qel-Droma. It happened to Revan, who meant to save the republic. And it very nearly happened for Luke Skywalker too.

TKA-001
09-05-2006, 11:32 AM
Speaking of the Light/Dark Side, in KOTOR 3 I'd like to be an actual Sith, not just an ******* who kills people for no reason.

Dat Le
09-05-2006, 06:25 PM
-More planets. I've only played TSL, and they only have 7 planets. I wish they had about 20. Maybe I'm asking too much, but just my opinion.
-Bigger maps. The maps were kind of small and you weren't able to explore much. You had to stick to where you needed to go. In some games, there are some parts where you never even need to go to.
-Acrobatic fighting! I would enjoy doing more flashy moves. Not too many, but just a few here and there.
-I'd like an interactive enviroment too. Being able climb up a tower and jumping off without losing all your health (that is, if the character is a jedi) would be cool.
-Customizable character. In TSL, all you could do was change their clothes and their portrait. You should be able to customize skin tone, facial properties, and other stuff.
-Customization of your lightsaber form. Maybe you could be weird and combine some lightsaber forms to make the "Player Name" lightsaber form.

It doesn't matter if these features are in KotOR III, I'm still going to get it.

Master Flick
09-05-2006, 09:31 PM
okay here it goes.
1. Coruscant
2 corellia
3.Custom ship i like the hawk but hey it's gotta go
4.hoods up
5.solider, scout, and scoungel classes then be a jedi
6.huge planets
7. Be a jedi on the first huge planet
8.better starting clothes
9. Generic blasters i mean who woundn't want a HX-38 repeater
10. more coustmizaiin
11.better cantinas
12.bounty hunter quests like the genohardan where you get credits and stuff
13.new people i 'll take a fett for my mandlorian
14.capital ships that you can explore

SithAnnihilator
09-07-2006, 01:44 AM
As much as I'd like to see an end to the Revan/Exile story, I'd rather see a double sided story focused on the Mandalorian wars. Say through the eyes of Revan and the exile or maybe even through the eyes of the soldiers that fought for/with them. Or maybe Expansions for both KotOR I and TSL telling the story of the wars through both of their eyes. As far as added features, 3 things come to mind.

1.) Something similar to Neverwinter Nights' Aurora Toolset. I want to make my own 'campaigns' with a full featured mod development system that is actively supported by the games developers.

2.) Customization. (Doesn't that pretty much cover it?) I want to be able to look at my character and see myself, or atleast, someone created by me. I want a character I can relate to as opposed to a predefined role.

3.) A more involved (dare I say, open ended) storyline. Give me more control over the flow of the story. I'm sure their ideas will be great but atleast let me enjoy the game. Help me feel that my money was well spent.

These are not to take ANYTHING away from KotOR I or TSL because quite frankly I love them both and I'd personally like to see LA go into this style of game more often. Yea FPS / Action/Adventure games are fine for the masses but some of us aren't simply satisfied by those games. I've got JK II and Jedi Academy and I've yet to finish either of them. I don't feel the hook, I don't see myself in those shoes. Come on Lucas, Give us a full featured, open ended, easily modifiable, RPG that all Star Wars / RPG fans can enjoy!

Jediphile
09-07-2006, 05:54 AM
As much as I'd like to see an end to the Revan/Exile story, I'd rather see a double sided story focused on the Mandalorian wars. Say through the eyes of Revan and the exile or maybe even through the eyes of the soldiers that fought for/with them.

Fair enough, but that wouldn't be KotOR3, now would it. I also have my doubts about how it would work as an RPG, when you already know how the whole thing must turn out. I've heard suggestions of an RTS game based on the Mandalorian Wars, and I still think that would be far more suitable to cover something, the plot of which is already decided upon. To play an RPG where you know the end from the start of the game would make the whole experience rather redundant. Besides, if you're Revan or Exile in the Mandalorian Wars, then you should command ships in battle and troops on the group, and neither KotOR nor TSL really lets you do that.

3.) A more involved (dare I say, open ended) storyline. Give me more control over the flow of the story.

That's unlikely. Open ended games are a developer's nightmare, and if you want a compelling and involved story with multiple outcomes in there too, then it becomes practically impossible. After all, if you make six different endings for a game, then that's a lot of work, where most players will get to see only a sixth of your work, i.e., waste of resources. That could change in the future, but I don't see it happening in the next couple of years.

General Solo
09-07-2006, 11:27 AM
- I'd like to see more side missions
- more selectible characters
- alot more planets like Sullust, Mon Calamari, Coruscant, and others and someother planets that are interesting.
- be able to continue after you beat the game.
- more side quests
- easier pazaak
- better swoop racing then like in TSL.
- if you have the ebon hawk sill, then maybe their should be more compartments and available things on their.
- make you own lightsaber design.
- huge maps for better game play.
- maybe see the mandalorians allie themselves with the republic.
- more bounty quests

MrChairman
09-07-2006, 03:23 PM
1. I was thinking, a bunch more planets, a longer game, alot more story lines, so you dont get so bored.

2. You go back to the K1 as revan(he is the best) and go from where you left off as ruler of sith.

3. you can be able to join the sith when they ask if you want to.

4. More battles, alot more, would be nice to have some more of that.

5. i would like to have the real jedi council on coruscant.

6. put yoda in there somehow, like have him travel through time somehow. Yoda Rocks.

7.More lightsaber variants.

8. More lightsaber upgrades, more weapens.

9. A different ship would be nice, like a big sith battleship would be nice.

10. You can go up and hit someone for no reason at all.

11. Online enabled, have a different story line that will go with 10million people playing at once. lol or put it in sections of like 50 people a room type thingy, but the whole game.

12. Stop with the apbrupt endings. they make me want to cry.

13. BIGGER WORLDS.

And that is about all. thanks for reading

sheriffdan316
09-07-2006, 04:01 PM
1.At the end of the first game, I became the leader of the sith. I REALLY wish I could continue playing as the leader.

2.Of course a more custom charcacter, and more robes, accessories, etc...

3.I wish you could train your character to size. Like in GTA San Andreas, you could make your guy big and muscular, small and skinny, or big and fat. I wish I could control what size and how in shape my guy was.

4.I wish you could fued with whoever you wanted to in your party. Like lets say for instance you dont like Carth, you could start fueding with him until you kicked him out of your party or killed him or something.

5.I also wish there were many more people you could choose to be in your party. Say for instance you went to taris, and the story calls for you to pick up another member for your party. I wish there were like 5 people to choose from, and the games storyline reacts to who you choose.

If none of these things are in the game, I wont be too upset, just so long as the game actually comes out!

SithAnnihilator
09-10-2006, 06:17 PM
That's unlikely. Open ended games are a developer's nightmare, and if you want a compelling and involved story with multiple outcomes in there too, then it becomes practically impossible. After all, if you make six different endings for a game, then that's a lot of work, where most players will get to see only a sixth of your work, i.e., waste of resources. That could change in the future, but I don't see it happening in the next couple of years.

What I meant by more open ended was give the player the option of controlling the direction the story takes...like more so multiple means to the same end. As for neverendeing, no thanks...very few games can pull that off and I don't see kotor as being one of them, unless maybe they add a battle arena aside from the main plot...maybe a second option on the game menu. An option that can only be unlocked by completing the story (better IMO). Single or multiplayer...doesnt matter. Just something to add an extra bit of replayability to it.

Mace MacLeod
09-20-2006, 12:01 PM
1) More varied blaster sound effects

2) More customization options for your PC

3) Developers who finish making the bloody thing before releasing it

4) An ending

CSI
09-20-2006, 09:28 PM
For me?

1. No level limits, even using cheats

2. add a Jar'Kai feat.

3. Like Darth Zayne said, more species. A twi'lek will be fun, and a jawas? funnier.

4. Also like Darth Zayne, how about a jedi master robe with hood? when you put on the hood like Darth Nihilus, then it's cool.

5. Can't Revan and Exile meet?

Mandalore252
09-23-2006, 09:37 AM
here's mine sorry if they've been said:
1. K3 for PC plz :worship: - I wont buy xbox or ps3 just because of Kotor 3
2. The Planet Mandalore :giggle1: - I would like to see more Mandalorians in the game
3. A longer Game - i don't care how much time you take to do it just do it well and BIG!
4. More Freedom - After the game ends we should be able to still play to see what happened after we end the game, etc. That would require more dialogues though
5. Helmets back Plz :worship: - when im using a mandalorian armor i really miss the helmet :( I know there are those masks and shields that hide the face but those SUX! :mad:
6.Coruscant - A MUST be in game planet!
7. Bigger Planets - sometimes it gets boring to be in little planets :giggle1: like Korriban, korriban is just a sith academy and a stupid cave?
8. Talking about korriban if its going to be in game again i want to enter on the tombs again.