PDA

View Full Version : Kotor Tool on hold - equipment failure :(

Fred Tetra
02-28-2006, 02:37 PM
I have the unfortunate position of having to tell you that due to some equipment problems, the next release of Kotor Tool and the new maps is on hold for a while.

We had some power problems here that resulted in the loss of my router and PC's power supply. Fortunately, the monitor was off and is OK; unfortunately, this same PC is where the Kotor Tool code lives. :(

Until I can figure out a way to replace them, my postings will be a lot more infrequent, as I have to do so from work at lunch time, so please understand if I don't respond to questions right away.

rgdelta
02-28-2006, 02:44 PM
Sorry to hear that Fred I hope everything else is fine that has happened to me before :-(

You do such a great job with KT think of this as a KT vacation lol

Jackel
02-28-2006, 03:16 PM
Fred after hearing you have worked like 12 billion hours (or closer to 1500 or so, I forget) you deserve a holiday for a while anyway. An serious equipment failure is a bad way for it to happen but at least you can now follow your signature and realise sleep is sometimes neccessary. Hope everythig gets sorted soon mate.

Darth InSidious
02-28-2006, 03:48 PM
I'm so sorry. To think of all the work you must have put into it...Is there anything I can do to help?

Fred Tetra
02-28-2006, 05:06 PM
I'm so sorry. To think of all the work you must have put into it...Is there anything I can do to help?

Not really, unless you feel like donating $ :)

Otherwise, I'll just wait until I have the dough saved up. PC stuff is viewed as "non-essential" to the running of the house here, as I have a big family on one income, so it might take a while, lol.
(There should be an animated smiley that's putting money into a PC - that'd be me!)

The Source
03-01-2006, 02:57 AM
I have the unfortunate position of having to tell you that due to some equipment problems, the next release of Kotor Tool and the new maps is on hold for a while.

We had some power problems here that resulted in the loss of my router and PC's power supply. Fortunately, the monitor was off and is OK; unfortunately, this same PC is where the Kotor Tool code lives. :(

Until I can figure out a way to replace them, my postings will be a lot more infrequent, as I have to do so from work at lunch time, so please understand if I don't respond to questions right away.
Hey man!
You have given us a tool that could never be replaced. I thank you for all the hard work you have done. I hope all goes well.:)
MacLeodCorp.

Pavlos
03-01-2006, 12:22 PM
Hey! Don't worry about this at all. KotOR Tool has more than enough features at the moment - the work you have done is, though it belittles your achievements to say so, amazing. Don't worry about the maps at all - a good of gff editor will see us through. You've done more than enough on this device, consider the equipment problems as something of a holiday from the tool.

TheOssusKeeper
03-01-2006, 10:44 PM
sorry to hear about the pc problems... your KT is awesome... thanks for the hard work you've put into it to give to us...

on a little lighter note (i hope)... a pc power supply unit doesn't cost that much (well then too, it depends on what you need i guess)....

Kitty Kitty
03-02-2006, 01:40 AM
Well, due to a great many circumstances I won't go into right now I've been rather out of the loop around here (and everywhere actually) for quite some time. Be that as it may, I couldn't pass up saying how grateful I am for all the work you've done on the tool, Fred. I hope this PC trouble situation works itself out for the best with a minimum of fuss and expense, and we can soon get back to cheering for each in a seemingly endless string of awesome additions and revisions to the best tool the KotOR community has ever seen.

Cheers and kudos Fred, and all my best...
-Kitty

Darkkender
03-05-2006, 09:39 PM
Hey Fred after reading through my post I realized I was asking the wrong question.

The Question I should ask is what type of power supply do you need?
350w or 500w or bigger.
If you can let me know I can get it one to you by next week or at least a check for one.

BlazeHoliday
04-02-2006, 08:12 PM
yeah, i don't have much money either, but if need be i can donate 25 or so.. i picked up a good 400w powersupply from microcenter for that amount, and i would be so kind to do the same for you fred! all i ask is more kotor I maps! haha, i know those are put together by hand maybe you could do a few more in the future!