PDA

View Full Version : Acclamator = Infinite Torpedos?

Quantium
03-10-2006, 06:55 PM
Hi there. I'm posting this in case our friends at Petroglyph haven't caught this bug. I started a Quick Match today, Space 1 vs.1. I was getting my butt kicked so I pulled out couple of Acclamator cruisers. The guy starts calling me a cheater and I'm like wtf, so I look at my ships and they're shooting a long line of torps at his frigates!

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/9787/eawbug11wh.png

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/8059/eawbug22jp.png

It keeps going until he blows up the launcher, but the other ones are exactally the same. I did a lvl 1 upgrade to ship weapons, thats it. It's not a graphical glitch since each hit reduced the points of his hard points accordingly. Also, the Acclamators I spawned afterwards did not do this, but he said they were invisible to him.

EAWFAN
03-10-2006, 08:38 PM
the first part was just a glitch and rarly happens the second part with the invisible thing happens to me all the time mon cals sd anything can become invisible to the enemy because of either a glitch in one persons game or gamespy had a glitch\lag and the texture disapeared along with the ability to target the invisible ship. i wouldnt worry about it glitchs happen in every game that i have played so far and there is nothing we can do about it because glitchs happen in all online gameson gamespy xfire or some other name

arkodeon
03-10-2006, 10:06 PM
The only way he could possibly call you a cheat is if you somehow secretly placed new XML files, which is impossible.

Therefore, it IS a glitch on the server-side, and not your fault. ;) You're not at fault, so don't worry.

PS. Acclamators disappear frequently for me, but nothing else. :\ Weird.

popcorn2008
03-11-2006, 07:25 AM
I too ran into the same exact problem with the Acclamator on a LAN game. It was real un fair watching lines of torpedoes fire upon my unsuspecting ships.

Nakatomi2010
03-12-2006, 10:07 AM
Why can't these cool bugs happen to me....

Wonder if maybe talking toa 64-bit OS reduces some of these bugs.... I know the game isn't 64-bit, but the environment my game runs under is different than the environment most of you run under...