PDA

View Full Version : Basilisk Pictures?

RaV™
03-28-2006, 08:16 PM
Hello I'm just requesting Basilisik pictures, because I can't seem to find them anywhere else I search for them. Does anyone have any pictures of the Mandalorian Basilisk? (The dropship you use to land in Isis with.) Thanks ahead of time.

Meatbag
03-29-2006, 10:19 AM
It's "Iziz" and try the Wookieepedia: starwars.wikicities.com

The Distorted
03-29-2006, 12:18 PM
Isn't the model they used in TSL just a pawned design from the "Shadows of the Empire" game? I seem to recall something like that it's a carbon-copy of one of Xizor's (lead villain) generic battle ships or something...

HerbieZ
03-29-2006, 01:11 PM
Yes it's on wikicities, the main page feature today made me cry when i read the end of the article on Admiral Ackbar...

"Age and illness, however, prevented Ackbar from aiding during the Yuuzhan Vong War, save for a morale boosting effort at the Battle of Ebaq 9. Shortly before the liberation of Coruscant, Ackbar passed on."

That really hit me.

Master Dakari
03-29-2006, 01:58 PM
You can read their wiki article here (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Basilisk_war_droid).

Here's one of the pictures they use. There other is one taken from the game.
http://starwars.wikia.com/images/thumb/9/92/Basilisk.jpg/250px-Basilisk.jpg

90SK
03-29-2006, 05:03 PM
Isn't the model they used in TSL just a pawned design from the "Shadows of the Empire" game? I seem to recall something like that it's a carbon-copy of one of Xizor's (lead villain) generic battle ships or something...

Sort of. While it greatly resembles Xizor's ship, the likeness isn't a mistake: Xizor's ship is manufactured by MandalMotors, which has obvious mandalorian affiliations. So historically it's accurate, though a little before it's time, maybe. We can't really tell.

Since there's a big difference between the "Exar Kun" mandalorians and the Neo-Crusader mandalorians, it isn't all that unlikely that the design of the basilisik would change from its original, more impressive form. I guess.