PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk about Nihilus [Spoilers]

DarthZayne
04-06-2006, 07:04 PM
what we know for sure about Nihilus , his a male , when visas talk about him she always says "he" same about Kreia..

He have the power to feed the force in force sensitive.
He also look to have a power to Banish someone from the force , like Nomi Sunrider did to Ulic Qel-Droma.

hes ruthless , he have slave's and a strange way to corrupt hes enemy..

he want to face the exile but why ???

we dont know what species he hes.. or where hes from.

have he been trained by kreia , i dont think so.

JediMaster12
04-06-2006, 07:41 PM
Uh he was born of the Mandalorian wars. He attacked Telos because he believed that there were Force sensitives there. The Exile shows up and he tries to feed but cannot. Visa's was his slave in that he made her see her destroyed world and she was bound to him. It's almost like a padawan is bound to the master but in a twisted sort of way.

The Distorted
04-06-2006, 10:34 PM
He's evil.

*sorry, couldn't resist* :giggle1:

:ninja2:

JediMaster12
04-07-2006, 01:34 AM
:xp:I KNOW he is evil :xp:
I was just trying to show the relationship between him and Visas in terms of the Force. He is a strange baddie in that you cannot find him but he finds you, like a nightmare.

PazaakPrincess
04-07-2006, 04:14 AM
He may be evil but he's boring and too easy to kill once you meet him! Sion is a much better boss. First time i played I was messin' myself everytime he appeared thinking even though you don't really fight him till the end.

†Saint_Killa†
04-07-2006, 07:39 AM
They didn't even make him so special in the game. Devs just made him look cool.

Too bad, he was the one who inspired me to play KotOR 2 because he looked like an awesome sith lord.

Reclaimer
04-07-2006, 07:47 AM
They didn't even make him so special in the game. Devs just made him look cool.

Too bad, he was the one who inspired me to play KotOR 2 because he looked like an awesome sith lord.

Everyone needs a good inspiration...lol

Yeah, Nuhilius was a real disapointment for me...on Xbox.

Jae Onasi
04-07-2006, 09:40 AM
Great outfit, too easy to beat. :D

Cygnus Q'ol
04-07-2006, 10:15 AM
I barely got to fight him.

By the time I got my saber out, Visas and Mandalore had almost finished him.

Some sith lord...

Wish I could have utilzed his mask. Naah, probably would have made me weaker.

Prime
04-07-2006, 11:56 AM
we dont know what species he hes..Human.

DarthZayne
04-07-2006, 12:25 PM
Human.

i realy dont think hes human , hes speaking an unknow language.

if you have some proof hes human , your welcome to show us.

JediMaster12
04-07-2006, 12:30 PM
Kreia says that he is no longer a man because of his hunger. I suggest the dialogue after you escape from Peragus. Kreia speaks of him who hungers, the Lord of Pain and the betrayer.

Busby06
04-07-2006, 02:12 PM
Hmmm he could be a force unknown to anyone. I mean if he feeds off the force and can destroy whole worlds through it, he can't be anything we can imagine. He maybe the force himself, although a more corrupt version of it. Or possibly a sith that died but has come back in that form.

I don't know really, if i was the exile i would have a sneak peak at him under his mask to make sure :P

igyman
04-07-2006, 03:02 PM
What I want to know is: Who is Darth Nihilus? Who is hiding behind that mask and how he became so powerful?(Made of the Mandalorian Wars doesn't mean much to me)

Busby06
04-07-2006, 03:29 PM
Maybe because all the life lost in the Mandalorian wars there was a huge disturbance in the force or something. And the end product of it was him. I dunno i'm just using my imagination hehe. ALthough my imagination has more bunnies.

Shem
04-07-2006, 03:34 PM
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/6783/nihilus5ef.jpg

Busby06
04-07-2006, 05:21 PM
Hehehe sorry my immature mind.

RaV™
04-07-2006, 06:02 PM
Talk about spam..-_- Who knows? maybe our questions will be answered in the 3rd game, if there ever is one.

Meatbag
04-07-2006, 06:13 PM

if you have some proof hes human , your welcome to show us.
Hey, some humans in the Sith Academy in K1 were speaking Ryl! And he's speaking Sith, just like the holocrons Atris decorated her room with. Red and black. What a bad taste!

And try to get some spelling and grammar...

Lantzen
04-07-2006, 06:58 PM
Think Kreia mention somewhere in the game that you can become like Nihlius, but she dosent say that right out to the player, she more hint it. But i can be wrong. Havent play in maybe a month now.

Achilles
04-07-2006, 07:09 PM

if you have some proof hes human , your welcome to show us.Visas comes right out and tell us "He's just a man". Don't know about you but that was good enough for me. As for the language, it's a pretty obvious attempt to make him mysterious, evil, and other-worldly.

PoiuyWired
04-07-2006, 08:03 PM
Well, its from Visas... and maybe "force-wise" he looks like a humanoid when he is dead, it doesn't mean he is humanoid, or even humanoid to begin with!!!

Remember, Visas looks at things dirrerently.

The Distorted
04-07-2006, 08:49 PM
I thought that when he is "speaking" it's like he is communicating through the force directly, as he is now more of a part of it then a individual sentient being. Kinda like how Visas and Kreia see through the force (if you ever do 1st person perspective with Kreia, it is the same as with Visas/Force Sight), but in terms of communicating orally through the force, and thus only those strongly attuned to it can understand/interpret what he is expressing on an "aural" level.

I can't remember where I got that idea from, but I thought that was the explanantion the very first time I played through the game, and have kind of excepted/not questioned it since...
so this makes me wish I could remember now how I got that impression exactly in the first place...

Oh, and I'm pretty sure - as Achilles said - that he is human. Kreia says something about him no longer being a "man" anymore (I think in an homage somewhat to Anakin/Vader), and when you kill him, Visas can say, *hang on*... here:

http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7544/aman5ap.jpg

If that isn't proof, then I don't know what the hell is...

DarthZayne
04-07-2006, 10:05 PM
The Distorted , thanks for this proof and info.

but even kreia or Vissa maybe are wrong cause if you notice Even vissa and kreia said that Nihilus is a "Beast" iam currently playing the game again to make my new video and ill take a screenshot of it . if you want .

But i should admit with proof you guys bring me , he have more chance to be human , than anything els ..

but explain me that .... What nihilus language , its for sure not Galactic basic , even the dev's didint make subtitle when hes talking.

Sorry about my english guys again if i make my self unclear with my bad english.

The Distorted
04-07-2006, 10:18 PM
but explain me that .... What nihilus language , its for sure not Galactic basic , even the maker of the game didint show subtitle.

Sorry about my english guys again if i make my self unclear with my bad english.

Like I said, I don't think it's a determinable/definable langauge as such, but more of an audible "voicing" of him communicating directly through the force itself, I think that's why (in his case) there are no subtitles for when he "speaks", as no direct interpretation (into a language form) is possible, because it is actually unintelligable - only force sensitives can understand him, and even then, they do not hear "words" exactly (or sentences for that matter) but interpret it more on a pyschic-like level. They "feel" it - his emotions, thoughts, desires, etc. - which makes sense because Kreia describes him (like his "hunger") as driven by instinct, a primitive urge personified/epitomised.

DarthZayne
04-07-2006, 10:33 PM
Like I said, I don't think it's a determinable/definable langauge as such, but more of an audible "voicing" of him communicating directly through the force itself, I think that's why (in his case) there are no subtitles for when he "speaks", as no direct interpretation (into a language form) is possible, because it is actually unintelligable - only force sensitives can understand him, and even then, they do not hear "words" exactly (or sentences for that matter) but interpret it more on a pyschic-like level. They "feel" it - his emotions, thoughts, desires, etc. - which makes sense because Kreia describes him (like his "hunger") as driven by instinct, a primitive urge personified/epitomised.

Sorry but i dont agree with you , cause the Exile at this time is a force sensitive . and its realy look a language , if you played kotor 1 the Guardian ( droid make by the builders of the star forge ) in the temple on Dantoin
Speak a language very similar as Nihilus. anyway its not a proof.

He look like to like humain if he only take Human's for slave. Maybe your right about him to be human . But no one yet have show true official proof.

its like Revan we dont know for sure where hes from , kreia said something about hes from far side of outer rim , something like this . and if you look at the game Mandalorian's realy look like human's ... but this wrong cause if you have read the books you see a mandalorian wiout mask/helmet , they are alien's realy look like "predator's"..

anyway i think this topic getting pointless, until we can get a hand on a comic book or a book who tlak about nihilus back story.

†Saint_Killa†
04-07-2006, 11:00 PM
anyway i think this topic getting pointless, until we can get a hand on a comic book or a book who tlak about nihilus back story.
I hope darthsion101 creates a fanfic about em'. :)

The Distorted
04-08-2006, 12:50 AM
DarthZayne, that language that the guardian droid on Dantooine speaks is an ancient dialect of Selkath.

Plus, I got the picture of Kreia also referring to Nihilus as a man:

http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/5859/kreianihilus8zx.jpg

I'd call that pretty conclusive myself, unless something turns up to actually contradict it.

DarthZayne
04-08-2006, 02:10 AM
DarthZayne, that language that the guardian droid on Dantooine speaks is an ancient dialect of Selkath.

Plus, I got the picture of Kreia also referring to Nihilus as a man:

http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/5859/kreianihilus8zx.jpg

I'd call that pretty conclusive myself, unless something turns up to actually contradict it.

ok about the droid , nope the first language the droid talk was something different , then the second one is wookie , then selkat but the first one realy look like Nihilus language..

about kreia says hes a men , she also said it about Mandalore and no hes not a man .

cause no female term to talk about rodian,wookie,zabrak,mandalorian..

that doesent proof anything yet.

The Distorted
04-08-2006, 03:11 AM
Droid language: oh, ok. I'll have to check that out again - it's been a while since I've played KotOR - I'll have to refresh my memory.

You say Mandalore's not a man though, but I was under the impression that the Mandalorians (though a seperate species) are more like a different race/culture/ethnicity, in that they are a sub-sect of, and originally stem from the human race originally. Kinda like how Han Solo is called a Correllian (because of belonging to the human settlement based on the planet Correllia) but is also referred to more broadly as a human.

Then again, I have heard some people deny altogether that the Mandalorians are a seperate species in any sense at all, and just say that they are united under a belief system. Anyone actually know for sure? LOL - Or is that another inconsistency/vague concept (like Nihilus) in the SW universe?

DarthZayne
04-08-2006, 03:52 AM
here the proof that mandalorian are not human.

http://img77.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mandalorian3yz.jpg

PazaakPrincess
04-08-2006, 06:50 AM
hmm, they look like the Predator a bit so err why are Canderous and other Mandalorians without armour in Kotor human?

Meatbag
04-08-2006, 08:24 AM
The original Mandalorians were not humans, but accepted humans into the cluture. And Nihilus speaks the same language as Atris' holocrons.

Beast-Thrasher
04-08-2006, 12:17 PM
Nihilus speaks the same language as Atris's holocrons which are sith...So I pressume that Nihilus speaks ancient Sith but at a more slower rate then the holocrons did. I think he is a man even if he was born of the mandalore wars in essence he is still a man, or a shell of a man.

Maverick5770
04-09-2006, 12:10 AM
I have no idea what Nilhus was, I think the developers wanted it that way, it might be revealed in K3. His language is Sith, and refering to him as a "man" Just means he's male and humanoid, but he could be human.

BhoyWonder4
04-09-2006, 12:34 AM
It seems to me that Nilhus and the exile are of the same making but went in the opposite derection of each other.

When the end came on Malachor V, the exile chose to cut him/herself off from the force to escape the pain/hunger he was enduring where as Nilhus embraced the pain in a different way. Instead of losing the force to escape the pain he used it to try and dull hid pain/hunger.

So in essence both were jedi who suufered on Malachor V and chose different ways of coping with it.

PoiuyWired
04-09-2006, 02:05 PM
Well, Visas is not a "human" the species.

None the less, it means Nillie start out as a common mortal just like most anyone else, and most definitely a force sensitive, quite probably a jedi.

I don't think him being a human, or twi'lek or zabrak, or whatever matters to the story though, so don't dwell on it too much. (so did the male part, even if he is a gungan eunich before his change)

The idea is that, when placed under the same "incident" like M-V, the so-called survivors can become something like Nillie, instead of something like Exile, or maybe Zion??

DarthZayne
04-15-2006, 07:24 PM
i found something interesting

http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kotor2wallpaper1024x7681mt.jpg

look hes arm look human to me . so maybe is human.

and i found something about nihilus power he only can feed force from Jedi's proof is when your fighting him , he want to feed you and then you say that no jedi here , its with only weeken you .

Lantzen
04-15-2006, 07:44 PM
But he can still feed on them, Kriea say that Nihlius can kill all living thing with his power, it will maybe weaken him temperaly, but he can still do it.

DarthZayne
04-15-2006, 07:52 PM
But he can still feed on them, Kriea say that Nihlius can kill all living thing with his power, it will maybe weaken him temperaly, but he can still do it.

if he can still feed why its dosent kill The exile then ? its making him realy week and i didnt suffer any stats atribute dmg.

yes he can "try" if you tell him (nihilus) the option i told you he did and then kneel its make him much more easier to kill.

Notice the Dev have make lots of error concerning the comic's books .
exemple mandalorian are not human.

and lots of story error about the sith war.
Naga Sadow ( golden age ) i wont enter into this.

But not Nihilus cant feed all living thing i thing he can only feed lightside ppl , maybe neutral but not darksider's . if he try he get very week.

its the game who tell this not me.

Henz
04-15-2006, 08:35 PM
if he can still feed why its dosent kill The exile then?

Cos the exile is a wound in the force. It's the Sith Lord equivilent of: "urgh. Bad Burrito!"

DarthZayne
04-15-2006, 08:40 PM
Cos the exile is a wound in the force. It's the Sith Lord equivilent of: "urgh. Bad Burrito!"

please.... i see the point your trying to make .

the exile is a wound in the force cause of the echoes is making in the force every action he make make huge echoes. this actions influence ppl is in contact.

try to be acurate please . ill try to find a save if still i have one before nihilus ill show you the screenshots.

igyman
04-15-2006, 08:42 PM
You people are dwelling too much on a thing you've already acertained - Nihilus was a human male to a certain point in his life when he became something more (or less, if you want to look at it that way). The real question is WHO is Darth Nihilus, or if you will - WHO WAS DARTH NIHILUS before he became Darth Nihilus?

DarthZayne
04-15-2006, 09:00 PM
You people are dwelling too much on a thing you've already acertained - Nihilus was a human male to a certain point in his life when he became something more (or less, if you want to look at it that way). The real question is WHO is Darth Nihilus, or if you will - WHO WAS DARTH NIHILUS before he became Darth Nihilus?

Your right ... that why i made that tread to learn more about him , anything , information you guys can get your welcome to show them .

Official information please.

or if you make theory then come with strong proof of what your saying and no wer not dueling .

Bah not me , iam open to everything , i jsut want to understand him more (nihilus) .

But who nihilus was , i dont realy think we will ever know . maybe if they make a comic's about him . :D

†Saint_Killa†
04-15-2006, 10:32 PM
^^^^^^
I thought he was a fallen jedi or soldier from the Mandalorian Wars trained by Kreia at the Trayus Academy.

DarthZayne
04-15-2006, 10:39 PM
^^^^^^
I thought he was a fallen jedi or soldier from the Mandalorian Wars trained by Kreia at the Trayus Academy.

yeah nice idea's , but maybe he hes a mandalorian's (human form) .

Cause they said that ship was at Malachor V , i realy dont think he was a fallen jedi i dont think was with the republic , but who know ,maybe hes another fallen jedi .

About hes trained by Kreia we cant prove it . with solid proof . He can be a teacher to if you notice how many jedi's and sith trooper nihilus have in hes command. and also dont forget visas whos more hes slave than her teacher.

Sion have many sith assasin's in hes command.

But you have some good idea.

90SK
04-15-2006, 11:11 PM
the exile is a wound in the force cause of the echoes is making in the force every action he make make huge echoes. this actions influence ppl is in contact.

The exile is a "void" in the force. When Nihilus tries to leech him, it's like opening a soda can and taking a sip, only it's filled with sand. Nihilus is weakened be this and the exile kills him.

And the character Mandalore is not an alien: he's a man.

Because Mandalore is Canderous from KotOR 1

Also, when Kreia and Visas refer to Nihilus as a "beast", they aren't being literal. "Beast" is a metaphor for a very powerful individual.

As for his language, the only reason he doesn't use subtitles is because the character probably isn't meant to understand it. It isn't like the Exile knows every language in the galaxy: the one Nihilus speaks is most likely some ancient variation of the Sith language (like the ones spoken by the holocrons). If I go to Germany and not understand anything anyone says, it doesn't make them nonhuman. That, and Kreia refers to him as being a man multiple times.

As to where he first came from, there really isn't any info. We know he originated at the Trayus Academy along with Sion, but where he was before then is a mystery.

About hes trained by Kreia we cant prove it . with solid proof . He can be a teacher to if you notice how many jedi's and sith trooper nihilus have in hes command. and also dont forget visas whos more hes slave than her teacher.

That's true. It's likely that he studied under her for a time, just because he was present when she was cast down, but we can't solidly proove either way if he was a definite apprentice of hers.

DarthZayne
04-15-2006, 11:24 PM
Skye ????...

please read post i did before , i said my self that Nihilus was human if you take time to look the screenshot i post you saw hes Hand (human hand , or Mandalorian human form)
(iam not talking about ordo , the mandalore before him wasnt human)
Cause btw mandalorian are not human i have prove it whith the screenshot's .
http://img77.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mandalorian3yz.jpg

and about

The exile is a "void" in the force. When Nihilus tries to leech him, it's like opening a soda can and taking a sip, only it's filled with sand. Nihilus is weakened be this and the exile kills him.

hum, ok what ever , i realy dont think the game lie . iam not going to argue with you anymore lol.

What if i bring the ingame screenshot , you will make another False theory ? why ? cause you cant admit that Nihilus cant kill darksider's with hes feeding ability ?? .
He cant end of story. proof ? kotor 2 TSL .

90SK
04-15-2006, 11:47 PM
(iam not talking about ordo , the mandalore before him wasnt human)

I thought you were refering to the current Mandalore. Sorry for the mix up.

hum, ok what ever , i realy dont think the game lie . iam not going to argue with you anymore lol.

What if i bring the ingame screenshot , you will make another False theory ? why ? cause you cant admit that Nihilus cant kill darksider's with hes feeding ability ?? .
He cant end of story. proof ? kotor 2 TSL .

:eyeraise: Huh? That tangent doesn't make a shread of sense. Please, by all means, "bring the ingame screenshot", because attempting to decode your incessant drivel is giving me a migraine.

DarthZayne
04-15-2006, 11:49 PM
ok ill take screenshots of every option with nihilus ..
but gimmi sometime please iam working on my video.

i think i will force to work on it longer that i was expected.

PoiuyWired
04-16-2006, 01:22 AM
well, Nillie got weak feeding on LSM Exile too ...

Lantzen
04-16-2006, 05:58 AM
Like the other have said, Nihlius can't feed on the Exile, ds or ls, because he is a hole in the force. That is ingame. It dosent't matter if you ds or ls, it's still the force, and is that he is destroying. Like Kreia with the Jedi masters.

Henz
04-16-2006, 07:31 AM
Like the other have said, Nihlius can't feed on the Exile, ds or ls, because he is a hole in the force. That is ingame. It dosent't matter if you ds or ls, it's still the force, and is that he is destroying. Like Kreia with the Jedi masters.

Thank you. Much better than my Bad Burrito explaination.

i realy dont think he was a fallen jedi i dont think was with the republic

Why not? The word "fallen" would tend to indicate that he turned, and it would also him gaining so much power so quickly if he was already trained as a Jedi.

Hallucination
04-17-2006, 12:40 AM
He also look to have a power to Banish someone from the force , like Nomi Sunrider did to Ulic Qel-Droma.
I don't remember that in the game. Is it cut content? If not, can you post a screenshot telling us that he can do that?
hes ruthless , he have slave's and a strange way to corrupt hes enemy..
It's not that uncommon, back then every other guy invented a way to corrupt people.:xp:
he want to face the exile but why ???
He wants to kill the Jedi, and the Exile is the 'last jedi'.
have he been trained by kreia , i dont think so.
Maybe not at first, but he, along with Sion, was Kreia's student until he and Sion fought her.

DarthZayne
04-17-2006, 12:53 AM
I don't remember that in the game. Is it cut content? If not, can you post a screenshot telling us that he can do that?

The cutscene is "kriea fall" when nihilus force push kriea , right after she try to regain her light saber and she cant. She also says that "some force tecnique that is no defence againts."

It's not that uncommon, back then every other guy invented a way to corrupt people.:xp:

i was talking about hes slave in hes bridge area. Who look like more zombie than something els.

†Saint_Killa†
04-17-2006, 01:37 AM
@DarthZayne
you could try this for more info: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Nihilus

Hallucination
04-17-2006, 12:43 PM
The cutscene is "kriea fall" when nihilus force push kriea , right after she try to regain her light saber and she cant. She also says that "some force tecnique that is no defence againts."
Oh, I thought you meant something else when you said 'banished', instead of cut off from the force.

i was talking about hes slave in hes bridge area. Who look like more zombie than something els.
It was a joke. ;)

shinyjedi
04-18-2006, 03:34 PM
In any conflict of information between the comic books and the game, I'll take the game. No particular reason.

When you use 1st person with either Visas or Kriea, you can still tell the difference between the species.

The Mandalorians, like the Sith, while once most likely species specific, has become more a belief umbrella. It says this ingame at least once.

I'd tend to think of Nihilous' attempt to feed on Exile more along the lines of a diver running out of air finding a scuba tank, grabbing hold and taking a deep breath only to find the tank empty. Actually, this scene does more to lead me to believe the Exile really is a hole in the force than anything else in game. I actually like the bad burrito analogy much better because it allows me to cling to my faint hope that the Exile is still connected, but with a strange new type of connection that the old practitioners can't recognize (or, in Nihilous' case, metabolize)

There is nothing in game (that I can find) that ascribes a Nihilous type hunger to the Exile.

There were far more ships at the final battle of Malachor V than just Mandalorian vessels. You find 4 buried republic vessels just wandering around, f'cryinoutloud!

Although the language Nihilous speaks is quite obviously the sith of the old holocrons, there are several comments in the game that lead me strongly to believe that Nihilous, far from being a teacher or master, has become a mostly mindless force of pure hunger. Visas tells you while on the Ravager that he probably doesn't even know you're onboard because you aren't a large enough morsel to catch his attention. This seems to indicate that the minions have been bound by some method other than a student/master relationship, although the writers don't explain what that might be.

Frankly, the whole Nihilous arc fails to make any comprehensive sense to me. There are contradictions in actions/motives/methods that just can't easily be made to co-exist.

90SK
04-18-2006, 04:12 PM
Frankly, the whole Nihilous arc fails to make any comprehensive sense to me. There are contradictions in actions/motives/methods that just can't easily be made to co-exist.

Can you give some examples? I'm curious what you found contradictory (from an informational standpoint, not an argumentative one ;) ).

Melly
04-18-2006, 04:21 PM
I actually like the bad burrito analogy much better because it allows me to cling to my faint hope that the Exile is still connected, but with a strange new type of connection that the old practitioners can't recognize (or, in Nihilous' case, metabolize)

Want to hear an interesting theory I read somewhere? Bear with me this deals with midi clorians (or whatever those things are called).

The Exile is severed/cut/deafened whatever you want to call it, from the Force, however she can still use it because she can "hear" the Force (midi clorians) in others (Atton, Kreia, Bao etc.). Kreia says when you escape Peragus: "Perhaps you can hear the Force again... distantly, through me." :)

Meatbag
04-18-2006, 04:51 PM
AH! That ties with the whole natural leader thing. The natural leader story being throughought the game and that would help the Exile hear the Force through others, seeing as he bonds so easily.

shinyjedi
04-18-2006, 07:37 PM
Can you give some examples? I'm curious what you found contradictory (from an informational standpoint, not an argumentative one ;) ).

In no particular order:

He can scour a planet clear of ALL life, nothing left but barren rock, but then chokes on an obviously living exile because of a mild force deficiency. Both Kriea and Visas tell you that Nihilous can consume life, although it isn't as sustaining as sucking on force sensitives.

He is supposed to be this great walking hunger that doesn't notice anything smaller than, say Citidel station, and doesn't even recognize THAT as anything more than "food". And yet, he grants an audience to Tobin, and preserves Visas.

He is, presumably behind the rebellion on Onderon. Why bother? What does he care? G0-T0 tells us that Onderon's leaving the republic will be detrimental to said republic, but why should Nihilous care so long as it's tasty? The Republic isn't supposed to mean anything to him at all beyond a feeding ground.

The Ravager is supposedly not space-worthy except by Nihilous' will keeping minimal life support going. So why, after he's dead, doesn't the atmosphere escape out the great rents in the hull? You should need a space suit to get back to your shuttle.

If he could suck the life out of Kataar before the Jedi knew what was happening, it argues an ability viable over a distance; so why does he need to invade Citadel station? Why send landing craft at all? Why not just swoop by in the old "drop top" Ravager, deploy a metaphysical straw in the general direction of Telos and suck?
For that matter, why wait until somebody comes along and says, "hey, I know of this snack bar where jedi are the special of the day". If he can feel the force with sufficent finesse to detect the Exile by his/her echo, why can't he feel the jedi who aren't likewise wounded? And if Nar Shadda (for instance) is so rife with the force that it can shield a jedi's essence, why wouldn't it be sufficiently rife with the force to attract Nihilous like a giant neon "all you can eat buffet" sign?

Just for instance......

Meatbag
04-19-2006, 04:01 AM
Nihilus doesn't want the station. Tobin tells him that the Jedi are on Telos. Telos is not Citadel Station... he invades the station because otherwise they would attack him. Atris is the only one on Telos, and his hunger sucks him in. Kreia knew that would happen.
And the Ravager does have a containment shield, Nihilus didn't keep the atmosphere in.

And the Jedi on Katarr knew what was happening. Visas said that they knew, but couldn't do anything about it...

shinyjedi
04-19-2006, 04:48 AM
Just started another runthrough, this time with notes and screencaps. I could be wrong, but we'll see....

ViperSkeele
10-01-2006, 06:30 PM
Hmmm he could be a force unknown to anyone. I mean if he feeds off the force and can destroy whole worlds through it, he can't be anything we can imagine. He maybe the force himself, although a more corrupt version of it. Or possibly a sith that died but has come back in that form.

I don't know really, if i was the exile i would have a sneak peak at him under his mask to make sure :P

Kreia says he is no longer a man, he is a hunger that grows with time. He seeks to destroy all life in the universe to create dead silence in the force, and in that silence, order. Kreia also says he is already dead, he just hasn't fallen yet, and he intends to take as many with him as he can into death. I don't think Kreia trained Nihilus, but she did train Revan while she was a Jedi, and was banished from the Jedi Order for training him in such a way as to allow him/her to fall to the dark side and become a Sith Lord. Kreia did train Darth Scion (the fall of Kreia cutscene and the cutscene on the harbinger when he's trying to see Kreia he mentions that she was his master). Theres not much about Nihilus, and I'm skeptical that he's dead. There was no body, he simply vanished into a puff of red smoke. I think it is intended that his character be developed more in the next sequel, and perhaps he will return stronger than he was this time. My thinking is that Nihilus was caught off guard by the Exiles personal strength and resolve, force aside, he realized he may not survive the confrontation with the Exile, and he used some crazy force trick to make a quick exit before he was killed. I'd bet he returns to some degree in the third KOTOR game or maybe later, as will Revan. We can only hope :O)