PDA

View Full Version : How do i start to add new areas/planet to the game?

DarthTophat
04-24-2006, 02:18 PM
Hi all.

Been messing about with changing the colours of armours and im pretty pleased with the result.

I was wondering were would be a good place to go from here, as in what mot should i try doing next?

I'd really like to start making my own areas and planets etc. I know that you can only recylce areas that have allready been used in the game, but i was wondering how would i do this?

For example if i wanted to make one of the doors on dantooine that doesnt usually open, open up for the Dualist arena from Tarris how would i go about doing this, step by step?

I've looked for some tutorials but cant seem to find them....

I will eventually add npcs etc to it, but for now i just want to know how to put areas in the game.

Sorry if this is a ramble, or if its in the wrong board, if so could a mod move it?

But a link to tutorials or any help would be most appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Billthemailman
04-24-2006, 02:58 PM
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=130451 This should help, it help'd me a lot, its easy to follow, and should be a great place to start.

DarthTophat
04-24-2006, 03:05 PM
Ah ty, im going to take a look at it now :)

Does it say every tool and piece of software i need, also were to get them?

Billthemailman
04-24-2006, 03:20 PM
Yup, all in one word file, like it says though, its a little outdated, so some of the tools have changed, but if I recall, the links that don't work, you should find on PC Game Mods

Also, I created a journal because I had problems the first time through, if you have complications, lemme know and I'll send it to you, you shouldn't though, I'm just retarded

DarthTophat
04-24-2006, 03:26 PM
lol :P

Just going through the first bit of the tutorial does explain everything step by step, going to take a while to get it all done, however its going to be worth it in the end :)

DarthTophat
04-24-2006, 03:57 PM
The gff editor link doesnt work, were can i d/l one?

Det. Bart Lasiter
04-24-2006, 04:02 PM
The gff editor link doesnt work, were can i d/l one?
http://starwarsknights.com/tools.php :)

REDJOHNNYMIKE
04-25-2006, 12:40 AM
You might also find some useful information in GSCCC's tutorial.