PDA

View Full Version : Palpatine Vs Yoda: the rematch

aggie_john
05-11-2006, 10:22 PM
Ok with the addition of yoda to the expansion. We have a chance to have the emperior and yoda fight a rematch of their ep III fight. My question is two part. 1) who would have the advantage? Will it be cinamatic considering that They did not make a fight between Obiwon and Papaltine cinamatic in the orginial game?

gswift
05-11-2006, 10:58 PM
Good questions. I'm also anxious to see what they do with the new hero units, but I would bet that we won't see the answers till much later. That's the kind of thing that I'd rather not find out till I discover it in the game, as a surprise. I'd prefer to discover who has the advantage through trial and error, but special combat interaction is cool. It's in the game engine, so I hope they use it.

I additionally wonder if they have thought about special interactions between hero units in space combat? Perhaps a new creative opportunity for the designers? ...just a thougth. Do any of you petro guys know if the engine supports special hero combat interaction in space, like it does on land?

lukeiamyourdad
05-12-2006, 12:05 AM
Well, on ground it can look quite cool but in space, heroes fighting heroes will just be some dogfight. I know some dogfights can be cool to watch but they're a lot less interesting then two Force users fighting each other.

wedge2211
05-12-2006, 12:56 AM
I dunno, I'd love to see some fancy maneuvers in a Falcon/Slave IV matchup. Or Red Squadron/Darth Vader matchup.

gswift
05-12-2006, 11:03 AM
I dunno, I'd love to see some fancy maneuvers in a Falcon/Slave IV matchup. Or Red Squadron/Darth Vader matchup.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Some cool voice dialogue, a cinematic space sequence, perhaps unlock an optional story line, etc... And don't forget that we may have 30% more heros in the game now, so the possible combos of heros increases greatly.

hk47
05-12-2006, 01:37 PM
maybe they could do something else with those special fights like if emp and yoda get to a wall 1 of them does a special move(which could change the outcome ofthe battle) and like if some troops get near them yoda or emperor does a special move to kil the troops

popcorn2008
05-12-2006, 06:06 PM
Yeah, I must say that Petro should make fights between force users cinematic. I was disapointed that the Obi-Wan v. Emperor fight wasn't. It would be cool to see them do special moves in said fights as well.