PDA

View Full Version : NPC,PC help

newszi
05-14-2006, 08:07 AM
Hay! I'm makeing a Mod for TSL, and basicly, I'd like to change my character.
I'm gt explain:
So the game starts, then 001ebo fired up. I altered the intro.dlg, so yu can skip the prologue to start to play my mod.
The problem is, that Tema(t3m4) is showing up sa playable at 001ebo, therefore I have to change it back to player char, or whatever.
But how can I do that?
I solved it by half, by overrideing:
a_bet3m4.ncs
with an empty script, so the main character appaers at 001ebo, but that's just not absouletly what I want, because if you choose other way, you should be able to play the game as the original story stands.

newszi
05-14-2006, 08:24 AM
DeNCS not works for me either... I use the nwnnsscomp103.zip as some suggested in this forum, and have only the jse6 installed with that jre (jre1.6.0). It loads, but decompile nothing. So if someone can decompile that a_bet3m4.ncs for me that would be a help enought, for now...
Somewhere someone mentioned in this forum, that somewhere there is a decompiled scripts library, but I couldn't find it, I bet if I could find my script there anyway.

newszi
05-14-2006, 09:06 AM
Come to think of it, Can I somehow alter the 001ebo not to load, but to load my first module?
Is that possible to modify the whole character creation screen? In my mod the player shouldn't be a Jedi, but instead a soldier, or scout, or etc. Therefore I should change ist's class by script when my first module is loading. But if I could alter the character creation screen, well it would be a great improvement in user experience, and that's just more "noble". <3

stoffe
05-14-2006, 09:25 AM
DeNCS not works for me either... I use the nwnnsscomp103.zip as some suggested in this forum, and have only the jse6 installed with that jre (jre1.6.0). It loads, but decompile nothing. So if someone can decompile that a_bet3m4.ncs for me that would be a help enought, for now...

nwnnsscomp cannot decompile scripts back into NSS format. It'll only print out the byte code in a somewhat more human-readable way if you use the -d flag.

Anyway, here is my version of that script which compiles identical to the original:

// ST: a_bet3m4.nss (001EBO_s.rim)

void Rumble();
void PossessT3M4();
void DisarmNPC(object oTarget, int bDestroy);

void main() {
if (GetLoadFromSaveGame())
return;

if (GetIsPC(GetEnteringObject())) {
if (!GetLocalBoolean(OBJECT_SELF, 30)) {
SetLocalBoolean(OBJECT_SELF, 30, TRUE);
Rumble();
RevealMap();
}

if (GetGlobalNumber("002EBO_Door_Override")) {
object oDoor = GetObjectByTag("star_dorm");
AssignCommand(oDoor, ActionOpenDoor(oDoor));
}

int nBeenT3 = GetGlobalNumber("001EBO_BEEN_T3_M4");
if (!nBeenT3) {
if (GENDER_MALE == GetGender(GetFirstPC()))
SetGlobalBoolean("000_PLAYER_GENDER", TRUE);

SetGlobalNumber("001EBO_BEEN_T3_M4", 1);
DelayCommand(0.2, PossessT3M4());

object oExile = GetObjectByTag("MEDBAY_PC");
if (!GetIsObjectValid(oExile)) {
object oMarker = GetObjectByTag("InvisibleLocationMarker");
location lBed = GetLocation(oMarker);

oExile = CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "c_medbaypc", lBed);
int nLooks = GetAppearanceType(GetEnteringObject());
effect eLooks = EffectDisguise(nLooks);

ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_PERMANENT, eLooks, oExile);
AssignCommand(oExile, ActionPlayAnimation( ANIMATION_LOOPING_DEAD_PRONE, 1.0, -1.0 ));
}
}

SetGlobalNumber("GBL_MAIN_SITH_LORD", 0);

if (GetGlobalNumber("001EBO_Movie") == 0) {
SetGlobalNumber("001EBO_Movie", 1);
PlayMovie("permov01");
SetGlobalFadeOut();
SetFadeUntilScript();

AssignCommand(GetObjectByTag("Prologue"), ActionStartConversation(OBJECT_SELF, "intro"));
}
}
}

void Rumble() {
if (GetGlobalNumber("001EBO_Rumble") == 0) {
DelayCommand(IntToFloat(Random(10) + 10), Rumble());

AurPostString("Rumbling", 5, 5, 5.0);
PlaySound("MetalStrain");
ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_TEMPORARY,
EffectVisualEffect(VFX_IMP_SCREEN_SHAKE),
GetFirstPC(),
IntToFloat(Random(8) + 1));
}
}

void PossessT3M4() {
AddAvailableNPCByTemplate(NPC_T3_M4, "p_t3m4");
SwitchPlayerCharacter(NPC_T3_M4);
DisarmNPC(GetObjectByTag("t3m4"), TRUE);
SetMinOneHP(GetObjectByTag("t3m4"), TRUE);

AssignCommand(GetObjectByTag("debris"), ApplyEffectToObject( DURATION_TYPE_INSTANT, EffectDamage(25), GetObjectByTag("t3m4") ));
DisableHealthRegen(TRUE);
ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_PERMANENT, EffectVisualEffect(VFX_DUR_ELECTRICAL_SPARK), GetObjectByTag("t3m4"));
}

void DisarmNPC(object oTarget, int bDestroy) {
object oWeapon = GetItemInSlot(INVENTORY_SLOT_RIGHTWEAPON, oTarget);
AssignCommand(oTarget, ActionUnequipItem(oWeapon, TRUE));

if (bDestroy)
DestroyObject(oWeapon, 0.0, TRUE, 0.0, TRUE);
}

newszi
05-14-2006, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the quick reply stoffe -mkb- ! Helped me a lot.

Grindel
05-15-2006, 08:45 AM
Hay! I'm makeing a Mod for TSL, and basicly, I'd like to change my character.
I'm gt explain:
So the game starts, then 001ebo fired up. I altered the intro.dlg, so yu can skip the prologue to start to play my mod.
The problem is, that Tema(t3m4) is showing up sa playable at 001ebo, therefore I have to change it back to player char, or whatever.
But how can I do that?
I solved it by half, by overrideing:
a_bet3m4.ncs
with an empty script, so the main character appaers at 001ebo, but that's just not absouletly what I want, because if you choose other way, you should be able to play the game as the original story stands.

Perhaps this is why I posted the "Big stupid queston" thread anyways. If you want to to load your mod on game start (after character creation) see this thread.
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=164784
I've figured it out. It's hardcoded in the swkotor2.exe however it can be changed. You can load to whatever map/mod you want at game start.

newszi
05-15-2006, 11:31 AM
Thx, so the character creation screen is not alterable, at ne means...
Also I'm keeping myself of hacking into the exe, so I use my "old" way, by altering the intro.dlg and to skip to my module that way, it works fine reliably after all. Thx for the hints.