PDA

View Full Version : Darth Torpid. Can I ask you something?

Admiral Z
05-19-2006, 09:11 AM
Hello there sir,

I noticed the ability to bring up the console. As with any other games, let me take for example, Half Life 2 and the Source engine, therein contains a whole lot of console commands to tweak the sound, memory buffer, textures and a whole lot of stuff. For example in HL2, I suffered a bit of stuttering even though Valve claimed to fix it. I managed to find a tweak that a helpful forumer posted that eliminated the stutter.

So in retrospect, are there any commands that adjust these settings in EAW through the console?

Regards

Admiral Z

Darth_Torpid-PG
05-19-2006, 01:35 PM
The console was used as a debugging tool during developement. As far as I know, all of the debugging commands have been disabled in the boxed version of the game. I can check on it though.

hiho_boy
05-19-2006, 07:09 PM
Debugging tools would be really helpfull to modding teams
Is that how they just changed sides at will in the E3 Expansion video?

Admiral Z
05-20-2006, 01:37 AM
Thanks Torpid, if there's a way to change some settings to squeeze every amount of performance I can get from the engine, it'll be great!

Admiral Z
05-22-2006, 09:51 PM
The console was used as a debugging tool during developement. As far as I know, all of the debugging commands have been disabled in the boxed version of the game. I can check on it though.

Hi Torpid, any word yet whether we can enable the commands?

Admiral Z
08-02-2006, 07:12 AM
Any news on the debugging commands Torpid?

ImpElite
08-02-2006, 10:39 AM
Any news on the debugging commands Torpid?

Maybe he forgot....? Or maybe he Private Messaged you?