PDA

View Full Version : [PS2] 2 player option??!

PirateSkin
05-30-2006, 07:37 AM
Hi,

Maybe I'm being stupid, or missing something but..
I've got Battlefront (1) on the PS2 and I want to play 2-player split-screen mode, not online.
When I select the 'Multiplayer' option on the main menu I just get a message saying something about me not being online.
I was under the impression that you can play 2-player split-screen with this game.

Can anyone help / advise on this as me and my bro want to session it with some beers!

Cheers Guys!

Captain-Panaka7
05-30-2006, 12:03 PM
At the main menu theres a thing called Splitscreen choose that it leads to a menu that has 4 slots and thats multiplayers offline

TSR
05-30-2006, 12:07 PM
:xp:
i do believe you have forgotten to have your eyes tested. and panaka, on splitscreen you can only have 2 at a time on ps2. on xbox, its 4.:)

smiles all around.

Captain-Panaka7
05-30-2006, 12:09 PM
:)yea.. i dont got it on ps2 :)

MachineCult
05-30-2006, 03:12 PM
:)yea.. i dont got it on ps2 :)
I haven't got it on the PS2 would have been better.

I was under the impression that you can play 2-player split-screen with this game.
You can, you don't select "Multiplayer", there is a "Splitscreen" option on the main menu, remember you need two PS2 controllers to play splitscreen on Battlefront, not a PS2 and PS1 controller.

Niner_777
05-30-2006, 05:09 PM
My friend had this same problem. You need two of the same controllers. I think he had to buy the same brand of controller too. Maybe one was just a PS1 controller.

MachineCult
05-30-2006, 05:19 PM
My friend had this same problem. You need two of the same controllers. I think he had to buy the same brand of controller too. Maybe one was just a PS1 controller.
I play splitscreen with two PS2 controllers of different brands, it just needs to be not PS1 to work.

Redtech
05-31-2006, 07:27 AM
Yeah, although I'm sure that the menu is "splitscreen" rather than using the mulitplayer option? Then when you come to choose sides, just choose opposing teams to get a vs mode, or the same side to get co-op.

It's one feature I like as it's intuative.