PDA

View Full Version : -what do you think of Darth Nihilus-

DarthSilas
06-08-2006, 03:53 AM
well i like him of his ship the Ravager he has slaves how he talks of how strong he is and his mask.

RedHawke
06-08-2006, 04:44 AM
Wrong forum, the Republic Newsfeed is for KotOR I discussion the Telos Tourist Beareau is for TSL discussion... moving. ;)

mimic666
06-08-2006, 05:06 AM
Nihilus looks pretty Badass, but was EXTREMELY easy to beat... Even without KSE you can beat him lickety split. But on the other hand his powers totally kickass.

tbl1
06-08-2006, 05:20 AM
What's KSE?

RedHawke
06-08-2006, 06:00 AM
What's KSE?
:eyeraise: Here you go... (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php) :p

Lantzen
06-08-2006, 06:25 AM
They all talked of how powerful Nihlius was, so it was a dissapointment when i beat the crap out of him.

Prime
06-08-2006, 10:23 AM
I think he just needed a hug...

90SK
06-08-2006, 10:26 AM
Everything about him except his confrontation scene was well done. His role should have been bigger.

Diego Varen
06-08-2006, 11:05 AM
I never really liked him. Couldn't understand what he was saying or anything. I prefer Sion.

Rain128
06-08-2006, 11:09 AM
He was cool, the ship imo was crap, it looked too much like the Star Destroyers from the movies.. it would have been better if it looked more like the Leviathin from KI..

igyman
06-08-2006, 01:05 PM
He had the ultimate villain look, he was mysterious and was described as extremely powerful, unfortunately Obsidian had to rush things :xp: and give us a game with cut content, so Nihilus wasn't made to fit his full potential.

mattwild
06-08-2006, 01:26 PM
Nihilus was cool alright.

Shame the only bit of intriguing storyline is that cutscene with him and Sion chucking the old witch around.

PoiuyWired
06-08-2006, 03:57 PM
I wish they did another scene with Nihilus, with Visas and him confronting each other, oh well.

mimic666
06-08-2006, 05:07 PM
He was cool, the ship imo was crap, it looked too much like the Star Destroyers from the movies.. it would have been better if it looked more like the Leviathin from KI.. If that was true then it's kinda weird that Newer Republic Vessels look like older Mandalorian ships.it would have been better if it looked more like the Leviathin from KI.Yes it would've been a little better, but it still would've had to be all torn up like it is in K2.

PoiuyWired
06-08-2006, 05:21 PM
Well, As we know it the whole sequence about Nihilus is not what it was intended to be.

For those who remember our Lady in White (or evil queen from snow white) was supposed to have in part in that combat.

Darth Manus
06-08-2006, 11:13 PM
Nazgūl face was a real disappointment.

PoiuyWired
06-09-2006, 04:02 AM
Now I would really like to know what those force zombies were intended to be?

kasser
06-09-2006, 04:14 AM
he had a great character. but the unfortune was that he didnt had that big role or twist...

Shem
06-09-2006, 10:39 AM
I think of the saying, "Freak of Nature," when I think of Nihilus.

Cygnus Q'ol
06-09-2006, 03:53 PM
I thought he looked cool, but it's too bad I never really got to fight him.

Mandalore and Visas took him out before I even got close to him.
Pity, I'd love to have taken him out sweetly. I was very strong at that point in the game.

(slight disappointment) :snear:

LRS078
06-10-2006, 12:01 PM
Not a bad look, but a way weak confrontation. They could of quadrupled his hit points at minimum and made it a more satisfying fight. When a major boss goes down at nearly the same speed as a random mercenary it just feels wrong. Voice acting that resembled a synthesized version of "this is what happens when you smoke 4 packs a day" was a bit odd but whatever... I'd like to see one boss fight where his to hit wasn't that high to be an auto smack and his defense was way up there. Something to actually duplicate a duel from the movies.... Or at least not over in 3-4 rounds one way or the other.

Jae Onasi
06-10-2006, 11:37 PM
I think he just needed a hug...

Yeah, this is what having a baby does to you. :)

Cool looking Boss, they'd built him up enough in the game that I was expecting a major fight, and then when I actually got to fight him, it was quite anticlimactic. I don't think I got to see any of his powers because we took him out in the first round or two. I also wished they'd reversed the boss order--Sion first, Nihilis second.

I suppose if you want to make it harder without modding, just leave Canderous and Visas behind and go in solo mode.

RC-1162
06-11-2006, 04:17 AM
although ive never played K2, i think he looks cool, but that it. i saw a vid of him speaking to visas and it leads me to suspect that hes a selkath :D

igyman
06-11-2006, 07:59 AM
Selkath??? His language doesn't resemble the Selkath one bit. He was a human who grew too powerful and couldn't control his hunger anymore, at least that's how I understand it with the lack of information about him in the game itself.

BastilaShanWeb
06-12-2006, 12:24 PM
I didn't really like Nihilus he was just "easy" I enjoyed making Visas kil herself... (not in a sadastic way) I just didn't like her. ;)

HK-42
06-12-2006, 12:39 PM
i thing he looks cool

Raevan
06-12-2006, 02:14 PM
hmm Darth Nihilus??? He was piece of cake to deal with hehehe...he looks like a bad copy of venetian mask......he looks funny and he suc....ed as sith lord if he can be sith lord than my little sis can be too

DarthOxyClean
06-12-2006, 02:27 PM
I would like to know a bit more about his background. All i got from the game was that he is no longer man (???), he destroyed a planet, and he feeds on life. (i have a feeling that i am missing something tho) Was he a jedi? What made so evil? Who was he? I hope that these will be answered soon.

Vibro
06-12-2006, 02:33 PM
I thought he looked quite good. But he was far too easy to beat. Sion was a much better character.

KyleOfHarpenden
06-12-2006, 03:11 PM
he's just a bit of a big big big big baby i mean comon u dont like drain the exile when it's clear that he just turns it back on u NIHILUS U BIG IDIOT! and he should really learn how 2 speak he reminded me of jaba the hut

PoiuyWired
06-12-2006, 03:27 PM
Star Wars Tales #23 and #24.

For those who would want more kotor related stuff, including one one Nihilus.

Elys
06-23-2006, 10:13 AM
I find him flat, boring. He cannot even speak properly :p

I think he needed more emphasing to really show his potential.
I would have loved to see a cutscene/cinematic where you would see him destroying Katarr.
That would have been impressive and would have make him look like a strong being, and not just a shy guy in bad mood.

And then finally a more epic fight against him would have make it look better for the story.

reven0123
06-25-2006, 12:16 PM
i liked nihilus but he didnt live up to his potential sadly.

TSR
06-25-2006, 12:57 PM
he should have had horns. that would have made him cooler =|

90SK
06-25-2006, 03:39 PM
He may have. Hence the oddness about his hood.

HerbieZ
06-26-2006, 01:51 PM
I have to admit, on my first playthrough of the game, i did not understand a thing about Nihilus as his backstory was incredibly choppy.

igyman
06-26-2006, 05:52 PM
That's because there isn't much of a backstory to hear. He's very powerful, but his hunger controls him, he's become something other than a man, he used to be Kreia's most powerful pupil (which is a little contradictory to him being the first to die), he is a spawn of the Mandalorian Wars. Unfortunately, there isn't a moment in the game where you find out who Nihilus really was, why and how did he become so evil and so powerful, etc.

milo
06-26-2006, 11:13 PM
Nihilus was a pansy. I couldn't believe how quickly I beat him. I mean, it literally took like five rounds for him to go down. I was waiting for him to do or say something, then keep fighting, but then it just stopped. Pretty anti-climactic.

RedHawke
06-26-2006, 11:48 PM
Nihilus was a pansy. I couldn't believe how quickly I beat him. I mean, it literally took like five rounds for him to go down. I was waiting for him to do or say something, then keep fighting, but then it just stopped. Pretty anti-climactic.
Actually it was the whole point of the confrentation, Nihilus couldn't drain the Exile because of the whole "hole in the force" thing that the Exile had, and Visas was linked to Nihilus and Mandalore wasn't a force user, so Nihilus tries to drain the Exile and is weaker for it... the fight was quite appropriate IMHO.

lukeiamyourdad
06-27-2006, 02:12 AM
That's because there isn't much of a backstory to hear. He's very powerful, but his hunger controls him, he's become something other than a man, he used to be Kreia's most powerful pupil (which is a little contradictory to him being the first to die), he is a spawn of the Mandalorian Wars. Unfortunately, there isn't a moment in the game where you find out who Nihilus really was, why and how did he become so evil and so powerful, etc.

Where did you get that he was Kreia's most powerful pupil?
He used to be a man, quite probably a Jedi, who got "cursed" like the Exile and became a devourer of worlds because his hunger drives him mad. Sure, it would need more for an emotional attachment to be made, but his background is clearly explained.

As for the explanation of him being weak when facing the Exile, it makes sense, but it still is anti-climactic.
Seriously, he needed a bigger role and perhaps that problem would've been overlooked.

PoiuyWired
06-27-2006, 03:21 AM
Well, In-Game he is definitely NOT the powerful one. I mean, one of the lackys would probably be harder.

Lord Foley
06-27-2006, 11:27 AM
Nihilus looked badass and fought like a two year old with a stick. LAME.

PoiuyWired
06-27-2006, 02:32 PM
Well sure sucking on Exile's thingy makes him weak.

I think the game should make you fight him in his full-ish strength for a while before he is weakened though.

Nema_Suneimi
07-03-2006, 04:38 PM
There's the fact that Kreia considered Nihilus one of the ones who had hurt her -- exiling her from the Sith, perhaps draining her force powers -- and she glorified the Exile for being a wound in the Force, perfect to use as a machine against Nihilus, and Sion and the Jedi masters, in her vengeance (I forget exactly what she called the Exile when talking about how Revan would have loved her as she loved to use machines).

It was more a victory for Kreia than it was the Exile -- she was the one who leaked the false info to Tobin that there were Jedi on Telos and then forced the Exile to follow her there so that there would have to be a confrontation with Nihilus. Exile races in, Nihilus unwittingly poisons himself with Exile anti-Force, and he's out of the picture. With this, however, it would have been nice to see a cutscene in which Kreia senses her victory and gloats over it, perhaps with a rear shot of her in Sith garb (we don't want to give away her physical transformation entirely, yet) re-entering the Trayus Academy, preparing for the Exile, yadda yadda...

I agree that there should have been more of a standard duel before Nihilus weakened himself. And it would have been nice for Sith PC's if his mask was wearable.

Although... I guess I can imagine that Nihilus had spent over a year (since Katarr) without a proper Force meal and was probably weakened simply by that -- I'm surprised he didn't go after Sion's Sith crew if he was so delirious with his hunger. And that since he had that power to consume things, he was probably out of practice with his lightsaber... etc... blah blah

Master Jimmy
07-03-2006, 11:48 PM
I thing that... um how do I put it? it, has to lay off the drugs and take some cough drops

Davinq
07-04-2006, 12:00 AM
Yeah, Nihilus was WAY too easy. And his storyline did seem kind of limited.

T.Nova
07-04-2006, 12:24 AM
Where did you get that he was Kreia's most powerful pupil?
He used to be a man, quite probably a Jedi, who got "cursed" like the Exile and became a devourer of worlds because his hunger drives him mad. Sure, it would need more for an emotional attachment to be made, but his background is clearly explained.

As for the explanation of him being weak when facing the Exile, it makes sense, but it still is anti-climactic.
Seriously, he needed a bigger role and perhaps that problem would've been overlooked.

Agreed. I sort of think Nihilus suffered the exact same thing that the Exile does. But the thing is unlike the Exile who severed him/herself from the force Nihilus probably fed on it to stay alive. Although it may have been appropiate that he could not feed on you, it was still an anti-climatic battle with one of the main villans of the story.

Darth Mathias
07-05-2006, 02:35 AM
I agree as well. As you can see by my avatar, Nihilus is my favorite character, so I really wish he wouldv'e gotten a bigger role. It wads kind of like Maul in Ep. 1, they were both made out to be really powerful and awesome, and then the game/movie was released, and they got beaten fairly easily. They both needed bigger roles, especially Nihilus.

Sabretooth
07-05-2006, 09:56 AM
I always thought Nihilus was the cool, evil lord whom you beat last. I was disappointed to face him first and kill him that damned easily. He had that Dracula-meets-Vader kind of feel to him, which made him feel cool. But my biggest disappointment was, when he started speaking. I could have sworn he was a machine constructed by the Federation of Evil Mosquitos.

Darth Mathias
07-05-2006, 05:35 PM
At first I was upset at how he spoke, but then I kind of liked it because it's native language of the Sith species.

Mosier
07-05-2006, 10:13 PM
I had said in a different post that I thought Nihilus was nothing more than a red herring. Specifically, Kreia played him up as a big huge bad guy so you would feel the need to go after him. Likewise, she was setting him up to come after you. All so she could get rid of him. She was the main bad person from the first moment of the game, not him. He wasn't supposed to be. That is the plot twist. When you fight him you realize he isn't the bad ass, but she is. I would liken her to Kaiser Soze in The Usual Suspects.

Now it can certainly be argued that this was disappointing, but I believe it was at least intentional that he wasn't a huge challenge.

Darth Mathias
07-06-2006, 01:23 AM
You're right to a point Mosier, but the problem is Nihilus just looks bad ass in the first place. Plus he is all over the covers of KOTOR 2 TSL and all over their merchandise. I realize that was the plot twist, we just wish that it wasnt that kind of a plot twist I guess. We all thought Nihilus deserved a little more than that.

Jediphile
07-07-2006, 11:56 AM
Nihilus is the coolest sith lord in KotOR if not all of Star Wars. Unfortunately he is also the character that falls the furthest from his potential. He should have been close to impossible to beat, yet falls all too easily in the game, even on the hardest difficulty setting.

Yes, I know there are plot reasons for it, but I still feel those should have been the reason why the Exile has even the remotest possibility of defeating Nihilus, when any other jedi would drop flies before him.

Still, I have this dark hope that we might see Nihilus return in some dark form if KotOR3 is ever made... ;)

igyman
07-07-2006, 01:18 PM
Still, I have this dark hope that we might see Nihilus return in some dark form if KotOR3 is ever made...

That would be very interesting. I hope it comes to that.

Thaeos
07-09-2006, 10:10 PM
I definitely agree. Personally I think he is the most cool/evil looking Sith Lord ever. Was he also the most powerful? Annihilating/consuming the population of an entire planet? Darth Sidious needing a freaking super-laser to accomplish that, Nihilus just used his mind.

Anyway I also hope that he returns in some form in KOTOR3, and I also feel that Darth Maul's character was wasted/a disappointment in the same way as Nihilus was (for me of course).

pegasus71
07-11-2006, 12:08 PM
I'm ready to bet that nihilus will return other wise it would have been pointless to turn him into a ghost like that in K2... if that was really darth Nihilus becoming one with the dark side like Yoda and Obi-Wan did with the light side of the force

jonathan7
07-11-2006, 04:32 PM
hmmm, i do think it would be awesome to have darth nihilus return in k3.. fighting him was a disapointment, visas should of been killed by him in a force eating like thing - mandalore should of fallen down as well and then the exile and nihilus fight... that would have been better (madalore surviving just and visas dying!)

the whole reason he was weak was cause of the hole inb the force thing, but kreia should hav explained how he became so powerful, eg at malachor you cut yourself off from the force, nihilus chose to eat those poweful in it...

i was sad when darth maul git killed in the PM becuz it was sooo lame - tho he served his purpose which was showing obi wan's progression to jedi knight.

HQ|Delta 07
07-11-2006, 04:46 PM
Darth Nihilius is an interesting person. Problem is Obsidian wasted him. I mean look at the packing of KotOR 1. You see Darth malak very big. He's the bad boy. the whole time. He's your enemy you will fight him. You knew it from the beginning. Now look at the packing of KotOR 2. There's a big Nihilius on it. i thought "Ok this will be the boss. Can't wait to kick his ass". I admit I was disappointed when you fight Kreia in the end. the story was lame. I don't like thos "secret wars". To hide all the time. Now in K 1 you had an "open war". You knew who's the enemy. And the last part of the Game on the Starforge was awesome. Never ending waves of Sith troppers and Dark jedis. And then the ultimate fight between you and malak. Master and apprentice.

Oops sry, drifted away a bit... ;)

Now I'd like to see Nihilius again but this time make him a real challenge.

Jediphile
07-11-2006, 07:28 PM
Well, I have my own theories on Nihilus' past that lead me to believe that his potential being "wasted" might have been intentional due to a major revelation in KotOR3 that ties in directly with the Exile...

jonathan7
07-11-2006, 07:55 PM
Nihilus is actually revan? ;)

well nihilus was at malachor and was trained by kreia at the academy there, short of that we dont no much else, wats ur theory jediphile? im intrigued!

Jediphile
07-12-2006, 07:42 AM
No, Revan is not Nihilus.

I'm somewhat reluctant to explain it all, and it is a fairly complex idea, but if you really are interested, then go here:
http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=35489 (here)

You'll see me begin to explain toward the end of the first page. Just be warned - it's a very lengthy discussion and could be a major spoiler in the unlikely event that I turn out to be right.

The Sith'ari
07-15-2006, 12:34 PM
So you think Nihilus is the dark side of the exile... I tried to stay with the thread that you posted but it's really long, but I get the general idea. Your explanation makes it sounds logical and believable. I'll see if it really turns out that way when K3's out. ::):

Vaelastraz
07-18-2006, 06:56 PM
My thoughts about Darth Nihilus:

Fist of all, how do you get to know that this is his name? I know that is a minor issue, but c'mon, noone knows his name, then suddenly the questlog says "defeat Darth Nihilus"...lame if you ask me. Or did I miss something?

Anyways, i like his appearance, he does look like a badass sithlord, BUT he has no, absolutely no character. Like he is some kind of monster (well actually he is).

His abilities (destroying every form of live) are just retarded. I generally don't like the idea of those "all powerfull beings", it kinda takes away the fun. That makes it even more pathetic that he gets defeated so easily.

Obsidian wasted that character. He could have been a powerful cunning Lord of the Sith. And what did they turn him into? A retarded brainless monster with ridiculous powers, that doesn't even serve a real purpose.

Nihilus in Kotor II sucks.

Jediphile
07-23-2006, 09:21 AM
The scary thing about Nihilus is that he is power without presence, instinct without intellect. He is a very alien character, because you're not quite sure whether those noises are supposed to be speech or what, and all his actions seem to be reactions only.

You're right that Nihilus has no character, but then nor should he have. Remember what Kreia tells us of Nihilus and his power.

Kreia: "It is a technique that is almost as old as the Sith themselves... it is a means of severing connections between life, the Force, and feeding upon the death it causes.It cannot be taught... it can only be gained through instinct, through experiencing its effects, first-hand."

{Quietly}"Yes. And he fed upon its destruction - it will sustain him, for a time.Because it is not something that can ever truly be controlled... and it leaves nothing to conquer in its wake.And it rules him, not the other way around. It has its own will, its own instincts."

{Chiding}"Power? Do you think so?{Shakes head}You would be wrong. There is no strength in the hunger he possesses... and the will behind his power is a primal thing. And it devours him as he devours others - his mere presence kills all around him, slowly, feeding him. He is already dead, it is simply a question of how many he kills before he falls."

Nihilus is the Star Wars version of an undead being, a zombie/vampire-like creature that drains life (the force) from others in order to continue its own corrupted existence.

DarthSilas
08-02-2006, 02:09 AM
well I think Nihilus is the force it self cause think about it when u kill a sith they drop dead but when nihilus died he went in red sparky stuff and he speak an ood language kinda like an ancient sith holocron.

Jediphile
08-02-2006, 09:23 AM
well I think Nihilus is the force it self cause think about it when u kill a sith they drop dead but when nihilus died he went in red sparky stuff and he speak an ood language kinda like an ancient sith holocron.

Yes, well, I'm still not sure Nihilus is entirely dead, which has to do with his origin, which seems tied to the Exile... It'll be interesting to see KotOR3, if they ever make it.

Btw, I love your avatar :D

JoesGuy
08-07-2006, 10:23 AM
I consider Nihilus to be one of the greatest sith lords in galactic history, despite how pathetic the game made him out to be. Still, he's no Vader or Revan.