PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone noticed the minor mistake on Ep. III?

Darth_Vascule
06-11-2006, 09:22 PM
I ve noticed a minor mistake on Episode III. When Anakin is walking toward were the seperatists are and tells ar-tu to stay with the ship and puts his hood up notice that his right arm is a regular arm and is not his black leather glove? I want to know who else has noticed it.

MachineCult
06-11-2006, 09:26 PM
You are either mistaken, or they have mirrored the shot, which happens alot in the OT as I recently noticed.
Even if you are right and that is a mistake they made, so what? It's hardly worthy of a thread.

Theres an even bigger mistake on Ep. II in the Cloning factory when it shows thousands of adult Clones eating, they are all clearly not Temura Morrision but the guy who plays Captain Typho.

TK-8252
06-11-2006, 10:15 PM
Theres an even bigger mistake on Ep. II in the Cloning factory when it shows thousands of adult Clones eating, they are all clearly not Temura Morrision but the guy who plays Captain Typho.

First of all, that's not a mistake, because those clones are intended to appear younger than Jango. Second, the actor who played the younger clones is a man named Bodie Taylor, not the actor who played Captain Typho (Jay Laga'aia).

MachineCult
06-12-2006, 07:04 AM
Alright TK back on topic.

Darth_Terros
06-12-2006, 07:10 AM
i noticed a minor mistake in your post Darth_Vascule Its Artoo not ar-tu.

TK-8252
06-12-2006, 10:06 AM
Alright TK back on topic.

Oh, okay. :p

Commander Obi-Wan
06-12-2006, 01:25 PM
I ve noticed a minor mistake on Episode III. When Anakin is walking toward were the seperatists are and tells ar-tu to stay with the ship and puts his hood up notice that his right arm is a regular arm and is not his black leather glove? I want to know who else has noticed it.
First of all, that's not a mistake, because those clones are intended to appear younger than Jango. Second, the actor who played the younger clones is a man named Bodie Taylor, not the actor who played Captain Typho (Jay Laga'aia).

Fo shizzle. :D

Kurgan
06-13-2006, 10:07 AM
There are no mistakes in Episode III, it is PURRFECT, how dare you!

I'm just kidding of course. ;) Saw this on another forum, I'll look for it next time I watch the flick...

Fealiks
06-13-2006, 04:01 PM
i noticed a minor mistake in your post Darth_Vascule Its Artoo not ar-tu.

that was worthy of a post...

A bigger mistake in RoTS is when obi-wan is fighting general grievous a big block falls (or its already there its been literally hours since I last watched it) then when the move to the centre of the big room its gone. Wow!

--quotage--

Fo shizzle. :D
rofl worthy quote of a sig!

PoiuyWired
06-13-2006, 04:18 PM
... well, there is also the "Mass Production Saber Hilt" problem with General 4 arms...

Fealiks
06-14-2006, 05:24 PM
explain.

Kurgan
06-14-2006, 05:43 PM
How did he get four lightsabers, that all happen to look exactly like the lightsabers of "famous Jedi" in the movies?

This is completely impossible from the EU standpoint, because the EU has the (stupid, IMO) notion that you have to have the force to even BUILD a lightsaber (a piece of technology!), and since Grievous has no force ability he couldn't have built them. Then there's the question if Dooku built them, why he purposely made them look like the lightsabers of other Jedi, ones he hadn't even fought, etc.

No definitive official answer given. Some people argued it was an easter egg, but it's not just something you see for a split second, it's in every shot where he has the sabers, and every model and final concept art as far as I know.

TK-8252
06-14-2006, 06:36 PM
Officially, any lightsabers that Grevious had were taken from the Jedi he killed, as trophies. Perhaps those are just common lightsaber designs...?

Kurgan
06-14-2006, 06:56 PM
So where'd he get the original ones? Jedi he killed with his bare hands?

That's what we're never told.

Or maybe he bought them at Wal-Mart...

Alkonium
06-14-2006, 07:10 PM

Well, Count Dooku gave him Sifo-Dyas' lightsaber, and he probably did kill a few Jedi with his bare hands.
source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Grievous

MachineCult
06-14-2006, 07:41 PM

lol, Grievous wasn't the first person to kill a Jedi during the Clone Wars, isn't it possible that he for lack of a better phrase, looted a Jedi corpse?
and like Alk said, Dooku gave him one, he gave Ventress her two sabers, but no I doubt he killed a Jedi with his bare hands, not in a real fight anyway.

Kurgan
06-15-2006, 09:53 AM
So why did Dooku give him green and blue sabers, when all the other ones we've seen him use (including the ones he gave Ventress) were read? Supposedly green and blue crystals are only found on that secret planet, right?

That Grievous would pick pocket dead Jedi for weapons seems far more likely that he'd have to personally kill each one to get their weapon, I agree.

As for the wiki article, bear in mind any person can post anything on there, and Star Wars articles are notorious for edits from zealous fans to retcon (not necessarily supported by official sources), get the political views out (various controversies) or even disinfo (supershadow fans).

Darth Alec
06-15-2006, 10:08 AM
You misspelled "red"....

PoiuyWired
06-15-2006, 03:40 PM
Well, the pair of sabers are red when Doku got them, and yes their previous owner is a dark sider when she "gave them away" , though she was killed by ****** ********* and not Doku.

Well, I would understand the Luke's saber issue, cause it might be one fo the few metal hilts left and he uses it (even jedis don't build the sabers from smithying metal pieces, they start from pre menufactured parts, and I am sure many basic parts would be quite similar to a training saber). But yeah you can't explain the rest of the saber hilts that easily.

As for only force sensitives being able to build a saber like weapon, I may suggest otherwise. It is known that training sabers can be built by non force sensitives, it is also suggested that there are other civilizations who built weaker versions of sabers (think they are light rapiers or light swords) with similar properties.

Regardless, it is said that sabers of Grevie are all borrowed from Jedis. So yeah there is something fishy about those "look alikes"

PS: There are actually "Supershadow fans" that are taking him seriously? I thought its supposed to be a comedy or something.

MachineCult
06-15-2006, 05:23 PM
Darth Vader ROTJ to Luke: "You have constructed a new lightsaber, your training is almost complete." Something along those lines.
He was refering to Jedi training, implying that constructing your own lightsaber is part of Jedi training.

Commander Obi-Wan
06-15-2006, 05:30 PM

I don't think he bought them.....;)

Elukka
06-15-2006, 05:53 PM
You don't need lightsabers to kill jedi. Why should he have used his bare hands, it's not like blasters or electrostaffs don't exist.

TK-8252
06-15-2006, 05:58 PM
Delete please. I double posted.

Strange, this forum doesn't allow deleting of your own posts... perhaps a Mod/Admin can fix this...?

Riku
06-21-2006, 11:12 PM
Ventress sabers were one of dooku's apprentices sabers....(the dark jedi in bounty hunter)

Kurgan
06-22-2006, 08:50 AM
Darth Vader ROTJ to Luke: "You have constructed a new lightsaber, your training is almost complete." Something along those lines.
He was refering to Jedi training, implying that constructing your own lightsaber is part of Jedi training.

Deleted Scene:

VADER: I see you have constructed a new lightsaber. Your skills are complete. Indeed you are powerful as the Emperor as forsee--*turns it over, notices tag*

VADER: 'Wal-Mart, SALE $1.99. MADE IN CHINA.'

*ackward silence, you only hear Vader's breathing*

VADER: You have much to learn, young one...

(another Deleted Scene, later)

VADER: His lightsaber.

EMPEROR: Ah, a Jedi's weapon. *turns it over* Much like your father's *glares at Vader*

VADER: Hey, at least mine came with batteries!

TSR
06-22-2006, 09:04 AM
what do you mean you didnt get a reciept?

MachineCult
06-22-2006, 11:35 AM
Basically, venom, Kurgan is saying that I am right and he was wrong and making a joke is his way of admitting it.

KyleOfHarpenden
07-04-2006, 05:51 PM
well those saber hilts goin gback to it i think are quite common because if you play kotor every saber is like that and also obi-wan or Ankian get one like that in episode2 when there on the big like bull thing, if you watch the deleted scenes of episode three you see him holding some jedis saber, she goes "i've failed obi-wan"(he's nere her with anikan) then gets stabbed through the neck by her own lightsaber by grevious who then steals it(the saber is blue) :)

woogiee
07-04-2006, 06:16 PM
^^ The Jedi whom Greivous kills in that scene is Shaak Ti by the way

TheTexasPirate!
11-24-2006, 12:46 AM
I never noticed it before.

RC-1162
12-05-2006, 01:12 PM
everyone was too busy getting ready for the most awaited duel scene ever, so i think a thing like that can be excused, that is, if anyone even noticed it.

MatBraken
12-07-2006, 08:03 AM
...if you watch the deleted scenes of episode three you see him holding some jedis saber, she goes "i've failed obi-wan"(he's nere her with anikan) then gets stabbed through the neck by her own lightsaber by grevious who then steals it(the saber is blue) :)

Thats Shakk Tii by the way. I thought that scene would of been pretty good in the movie. LOL

anyways...those sabers that grevious had, must be from other jedi. you must remeber that General Grevious was the leader of the droid army and must have travelled around the galaxy during the Clone wars, and the jedi were also spread out to try and stop the separatist movement. So Grevious may have killed a couple of Jedi before Episode II as he too was trained in the jedi arts and slightly capable of killing. them.

Just thought id say :jedijawa:

Darth Badguy
01-28-2007, 08:31 AM
This is quite funny, isn't it? This topic is, or at least should be about Anakins hand. Why are we talking about Grievous? :P

Hoad
04-07-2007, 03:33 PM
Another one I noticed is when Count Dooku uses force push on Obi Wan and Obi Wan is on the floor, his lightsaber blade casts a shadow. Only there for a second or two but easy to see. (not the bit when Dooku drops the walkway on him)

Gargoyle King
04-07-2007, 03:39 PM
You are either mistaken, or they have mirrored the shot, which happens alot in the OT as I recently noticed.

MachineCult is right, it is probs a mirrored shot - If it is a mistake, then get over it, even the best of films can get it wrong somewhere! The developers of films are only human at the end of the day, what's important is to enjoy the art that is film and not let minor mistakes (if that is what this is) play on your mind.

Hoad
05-19-2007, 06:50 PM
The developers of films are only human at the end of the day
I'm sure they are human at all times of the day actually, unless they are warewolves.

CLONECOMMANDER501
05-20-2007, 10:01 PM
Or they're a batch of hard working rogue clones :D

jedispy
05-25-2007, 12:52 AM
I didn't notice any mistakes in Episode 3. I did catch one big mistake in Episode 1 though. It's right between the parts that read "A long time ago in a galaxy far far away" and the end credits.

Kurgan
05-26-2007, 04:29 PM
Thats Shakk Tii by the way. I thought that scene would of been pretty good in the movie. LOL

anyways...those sabers that grevious had, must be from other jedi. you must remeber that General Grevious was the leader of the droid army and must have travelled around the galaxy during the Clone wars, and the jedi were also spread out to try and stop the separatist movement. So Grevious may have killed a couple of Jedi before Episode II as he too was trained in the jedi arts and slightly capable of killing. them.

Just thought id say :jedijawa:

Of course if they had cut that scene back into the movie it would have caused another continuity error... we see Shaak Ti alive and well in a hologram conversation (iirc, it's the one where Yoda is talking with the council from Kashyyk). I find it much more believable that Grievous could kill a Jedi via execution than that he'd actually overpower them in hand to hand combat (as he's shown to do in the heavily over the top Clone Wars cartoon).

As for the deleted scenes, I notice that some of it is unfinished, like the scene where they are crawling out of the fuel tanks you can see they have their safety cords on (for the actors, not for the characters) and they start to crawl into a green tunnel, which then turns into a metal lined tunnel (the green is because it "goes nowhere/does nothing" it's just something on set that's going to be painted out in post production). Plus the backgrounds are really fake looking (like a video game). Notice the part where the bulkhead stops the exloding fuel (can we say "stretched texture?).

Still, I always like to see deleted scenes, even if they're crappy or I can understand why they were left out. Shaak Ti's death scene was more a nod to the fans of the Clone Wars show than anything. She was just a background character in the previous movie at best, and the scene is more comedic than anything, as you have Anakin finishing Obi-Wan's sentence and them giving each other baseball pitcher hand signals. Plus it ruins the "first meeting" with Grievious. Anyway, I'm not one of those people who thought Grievious should have been a god like in the Clone Wars show, so I don't mind not seeing him kill any Jedi. He could have taken the lightsabers off the bodies of Jedi that his droids killed, easily enough, or been given them by Count Dooku. Had they decided to make him force sensitive that would have been different of course!

jedispy
05-26-2007, 04:34 PM
I'm glad they didn't make Grievous force sensitive. I like the idea of the Jedi NOT being invincible. If I can walk through life and just type IDDQD and not get hurt, or IDKFA every time I run out of ammo, then it wouldn't be any fun. Humans thrive on the concept of danger.

Kurgan
05-26-2007, 04:38 PM
Basically, venom, Kurgan is saying that I am right and he was wrong and making a joke is his way of admitting it.

Forgot to to respond to this I see...

I wasn't saying I was wrong, just didn't want to argue about it I guess. ;)

He actually says "I see you have constructed a new lightsaber. Your skills are complete."

So yes, it COULD be interpreted as him stating the fact that building your own lightsaber is part of, or the completion of a Jedi Knight's training. However, since we don't see the Jedi training in the movies (except little brief bits like Yoda having Luke run, jump and swing on vines, and the cave... and the younglings doing the same "test" with the remotes that Obi-Wan had Luke do, in AOTC compared to ANH). We never see anyone building a lightsaber, so that's all in the EU.

The EU tells us different things, but somewhere it seems to adopt the view that building a lightsaber is one task in becoming a Jedi. Though with the rate at which Jedi go through lightsabers in the movies, I imagine it would be pretty inconvenient if all lightsabers were painstakingly hand made by the Jedi who used them. I guess the person who came up with the idea of lightsaber creation as part of training was probably thinking of marines having to break down and clean/assemble their rifles. After all, knights and samurai didn't typically forge their own blades, they got a blacksmith to do that for them. And we never see the weapons in Star Wars need maintainance. Maybe they are just built to last?

Vader just says "your skills" he doesn't indicate that Luke has completed step 12 of the Jedi 12 step training program. I wouldn't take the scene that literally. On the other hand, you could interpret it that way if you accept the EU interpretation that lightsaber building is a required Jedi skill towards graduation or something like that.

Just because somebody can build a lightsaber doesn't mean they know how to use one, in the same way a person who builds a gun may not necessarily be a marksman or a soldier. Of course if you knew both that would be pretty impressive, and that seems to be the point of the scene. Vader is impressed with Luke's skills (or tries to butter him up by acting impressed). He's admiring how powerful this new pupil to the Emperor could be (and perhaps thinking if he could get Luke on his side, how powerful an ally he would be, though the whole subplot of Vader being disloyal seems mostly to be in ESB, and it might all have just been a ploy... when push comes to shove, Vader "must obey his master.").

jedispy
05-26-2007, 04:45 PM
I agree with Kurgan here. I think constructing your own lightsaber is a single thing among many that Jedi must accomplish before their training is complete. The only other time we see this being the final step is during a scene in the Clone Wars cartoon. It's on planet Ilum where Luminara Unduli was reciting the "heart of the blade" poem. Her student Barriss Offee was constructing a lightsaber (the little minx was doing it via levitation. Total showoff). Luminara says something like "your training is now complete."

However Anakin built his first lightsaber long before he was inducted as a Knight. However you can probably chalk that up to his being awesome with building/fixing things.