PDA

View Full Version : KotOR II game play in KotOR?

Revan23
06-13-2006, 01:30 AM
I have been wondering this for a long time, practicaly ever since TSL came out, would it ever be possible to make a mod that adds the game play improvements of KotOR II to the origanal KotOR? I know it probly imposable, but just imagine it one of the best games ever added with the improved game play!

RedHawke
06-13-2006, 01:54 AM
What exactly do you mean by 'game play improvements"?

Revan23
06-13-2006, 02:20 AM
Well for example being able to switch wepons with a press of a button insted of having to go into the menu and change them. Haha now that you ask thats realy all i can think of they added. Well in that case would it be possable to add that with a mod?

RedHawke
06-13-2006, 02:32 AM
Nope, that kind of function is hard-coded, sorry.

Revan23
06-13-2006, 03:10 AM
Oh well i didnt think it would be able to be added kinda just dreaming haha.

stoffe
06-13-2006, 06:46 AM
Well for example being able to switch wepons with a press of a button insted of having to go into the menu and change them. Haha now that you ask thats realy all i can think of they added. Well in that case would it be possable to add that with a mod?

You can't make it work like in KotOR2 since that's part of the game engine, but you could accomplish something similar in a Mod via scripting, though it'd work in a more clunky manner. You could do it my making three "utility" items that can be activated, like:

Item 1: Set Weapon configuration 1
Activating this will store the current weapon (or weapons if dualwielding) the character is wielding as their first set.
Item 2: Set Weapon configuration 1
Activating this will store the current weapon (or weapons if dualwielding) the character is wielding as their second set.
Item 3: Toggle Weapon Set
Activating this will switch between weapon set 1 and weapon set 2 for the character.

A bit more clumsy than the interface-driven variant in KotOR2, but at least it'd reduce some inventory browsing. :)