PDA

View Full Version : Weird dreams and all that jazz

Miss_Mayhem
06-27-2006, 09:16 PM
No really, I'm bored with a passing interest in dreams. Even of others. Cuz crazy shiznit can happen. Yeah...so...post your freakiest dreams here. See if anyone cares, can decipther them, all that stuff.

First freaky dream had Simpson cameos. No joke. It was like...the real world with Simpson characters. I can't help being a fangirl. Homer's swinging some yoyo on his finger and goes into restroom. Once he's inside, it's from my POV, and me and some other faceless people (it's true, aren't most people faceless in dreams?) are running away from OLD PEOPLE o0 I ca't remember the dailog, but one lady had diabetes and was on crutches, and they wre definitley saying something like, "Dont' let the slaves escape!" Wierd. Everyone goes one way (totally ignoring this exit sign). I go alone and try to exit, but I'm stuck. When I go through, Homer gets out of bathroom and is arrested for crossovering!

Second...my mom dies. She gets eaten by bears or cougars in our backyard or something. She's a ghost, but we're crying while she's happily having us prepere for her funeral.

Third...I'm native american (even though I'm not), and in a canoe, and I DIE. I think I was sacrificed or was stupid enough to row down a waterfall...and I come back as a blonde girl. I'm in Disneyland and am leaning over something, and some other faceless guy says to be careful or I could fall and die. I told him I didn't worry cuz I knew what would happen. That's the most peaceful I've ever felt in a dream, possibly in my life. Thinking back, it felt so nice and I kinda wanna cry.

You got anything that can top that? Or has anyone here ever had a lucid dream (wher you know that youre alseep)?

Smon
06-27-2006, 09:47 PM
Once I had this really "WTF" kind of dream.

I'm running through this big spooky castle and at the end I come to this witch/witch-like-person and she shoots me with this magic blast and I turn to dust, then it turns out I'm playing this computer game and I exit it and wake up.

Maybe I was seeing into the future?

Miss_Mayhem
06-27-2006, 09:54 PM
0o0o0h, prophetic dreams, I've had one once. But it was lame. It was that the neighbors cat was sleeping with her kittens on our patio furniture. Yeah, they were in the exact order, but it was still lame.

Mashi An'krekku
06-27-2006, 11:14 PM
Most of my dreams are products of processed meats.
So yeah. :/

DarthAve
06-27-2006, 11:17 PM
I once had a dream I would be sabatoged at a public performance. Next spring show, I got pushed down the steps and hurt my knee. Couldn't sing my solo right, I was crying all night it hurt so bad.

That bitch who pushed me is so lucky I didn't go Tonya Harding on her with a crowbar.

KingCheez
06-28-2006, 12:05 AM
I have very, very weird dreams.

It all started a long time ago.

Screw it I don't feel like writing them out, just trust me. A cow singing along with Five Iron Frenzy and flying is commonplace.

DarthAve
06-28-2006, 12:09 AM
I have very, very weird dreams.

It all started a long time ago.

Screw it I don't feel like writing them out, just trust me. A cow singing along with Five Iron Frenzy and flying is commonplace.
Those arn't that weird. I dreamt once that me and Ghetto Bird(my grandma's dog) were singing along with Queen.

assassin man
06-28-2006, 01:45 AM
The Censors were after me in one dream. They almost stamped me out.

Miss_Mayhem
06-28-2006, 02:36 AM
Yeah, I've had dreams involving videogames before. But they're just as lame as my prophetic dreams. It's just me playing. Boring. Raz was in one, but only as a background character. Lame.

pyrohappygirl
06-28-2006, 07:54 AM
I have had more weird dreams than I can count. Around once a week I have a dream foretelling the future. I see lots of stuff. But only ever my future. I feel like writing out every detail of all the weirdest dreams I've had. So here they are. And they're all in my POV. Unless mentioned. After this you might all think I'm freaky. Or freakier, depending on who you are.

Yoga classes

"Row row row your boat, gently down the stream! Sing happily in the car and smile cheesily," My grandma sang, as we drove down the road in a nondescript place at some point in time. My cousins sat, being weird and cousinny, on the back seat of the car. I groaned, rolling my eyes and turning to the front seat. We were going to my grandma's yoga lessons, which were taking place in a fabric shop. I was bored. And I had to catch a plane later to do stuff. Kinda. I hopped out of the ca, which was still going at a considerable speed, and ran off to our destination. It was grayish. I saw an auction house, and stopped. It looked more than interesting. So I went in. I saw fish. Flying around without a care.Yes, fish. I ran out, bewildered. I ran down the road, and found a clock. The clock siad it was 2 o clock. I needed to be on my plane. I rushed away, at lightning speed. Up hills and stuff. I was going the opposite way to the airport. The dream ended there.

Halloween edition Psychonauts and the space time continuum.

I sat on my sofa, the small green and purple box in my hands. It was the same cover as Psychonauts, but with a different picture of Raz. He had childish scribbles on his face. I placed the disc into the disc drive of my playstation. A screen came up. It was a multi choice entry screen. It had eight choices of game on it, along with a brief of each one.
Sasha Nein gets beheaded- An epic tale of Sasha Nein... Dieing and stuff.
Pumpkins take over whispering rock- Everyone dies when whispering rock is enslaved by pumpkins... except Raz, Lili, Phoebe, Milka and Kitty.
Milla spontaneously combusts- Obvious enough.
Elton murders Milka- Elton murders Milka, but can he get away with it?
Everyone dies- Well, everyone dies and... yeah.
Ghostly towers- Thorney towers occupants as ghosts.
Barbie comes to Whispering Rock- The evilest doll in the world arrives at our favorite camp... and is so sweet that they all spontaneously combust.
Nobody cares at this point- A stupid thing about halloween and everyone wearing weird costumes.
I chose the one about pumpkins, because it sounded kinda weird, but not too weird. I started the game, and found myself in Raz's first person view. I saw Milla collapse in a swath of blood, and I ran to a bunch of poles to save myself. I managed to get away after lots of acrobatics, and then I sighed. I bet the pumpkin headed king guy, and I saved the few people left. I smiled. ENTER NEW DREAM!!! Randomly, I found myself at a picnic, with all my random musish people sitting there.
"Hi guys," I mumbled, walking up to the group.
"We've been waiting," Cerice murmured, smiling evilly.
"I know. You're always waiting," I groaned, plonking myself down on the mat.
"Hey, Madz! Look at this!" Zoe cheered, pointing at a hole in the ground stuffed with coke bottles.
"I think it's a portal to another world down there!" She yelled, smiling weirdly.
"Don't Madeleine! Don't disrupt the space time continuum!" Sasha yelled, as I dug down into the ground. Zoe leapt over, and started digging with me. We had soon unearted a shiny black portal, at which point Sasha yelled,
"No Maddy! No!" I didn't care. I jumped into the ground. Suddenly, I found myself in a small white cell, and I couldn't do anything. I was a spectator. Alex Egnot, a creepy kid from my class, sat down next to Blackadder, who had randomly happened to be there. She leant over to him, smiling in her Alexish way.
"Hello. Want to play bus stop? I can be very... Entertaining," She giggled, hugging him. He screamed oocly, and rushed out of the room. Outside was a random t.v presenter, who chased Blackadder onto some minecarts, which they spent some time running around on. Blackadder leapt off quickly however, and went off through a gateway into the country. He walked away, and the camera thingummyjig view switched to Raz, who was standing there. Raz smiled, skipping off to a small, quaint town. He stopped at the grocers, where a random guy was standing. He sold Raz a butternut pumpkin for five bucks, and Raz skipped off into the city. He kept skipping, until he saw Sasha.
"The space time continuum got mucked up earlier, Razputin. You have been warned," Sasha sighed, walking away. Raz simply grinned, and skipped on. Suddenly, he was turned into a mouse, and he smiled. He walked on, and found a mousehole. He went in, and found mice folkdancing to a random song from the eighties that sucked. The dance ended, and Raz clapped. A big, burly mouse came up to him and asked him to join the mouse fighter brigade, a team of mice that fought for freedom and whatnot.
"Okay," Raz mumbled, at which point they randomly went to an alleyway in which a video game like tutorial came on. Raz got bored, so he turned back to normal and ran up a vertical tower, where he shouted to Ford Cruller who was half a city away.
"Hi Ford, can you see me?" Raz yelled, doing a dance to 'I'm too sexy for my shirt' on top of the high skyscraper.
"Everyone in this city can see you Razputin," Ford yelled, chuckling. The dream ended there. So so weird.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that for now. I have had randomer dreams, so if you want to read about those, just ask.

TyraaRane
06-28-2006, 02:32 PM
I had a dream the other night that was basically Psychonauts meets Full Throttle meets Lysistrata (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysistrata), only with less booze. (Although that combination kind of makes you wonder how much booze I'd had before bed...none, but still, you've got to wonder.)

In case you're wondering, I wouldn't recommend writing any Psychonauts/Full Throttle crossovers. The dream wasn't even that funny (although, admittedly, watching Ben beat up one of my particularly evil OCs was at least entertaining). It was just weird. And kind of dark; apparently a lot of the Psychonauts characters had died before the dream started.

...My subconscious is a very bizarre place.

DarthAve
06-28-2006, 02:44 PM
Ok, last night I had a dream that I totally banged Michael Buble.

OH WAIT! That wasn't a dream ;) I'm kidding. That dream never happened. Last night I had a dream about Sasha being a skater in JSRF and he was doing insane grafitti and he totally kicked The Immortals asses in taggers tag it was killer.

Poopdogjr
06-28-2006, 04:06 PM
I had this really scary dream once. I was outside and I saw this tree. A really evil looking tree, and you could almost make out a evil face in the bark. And when I saw it, everything slowed down. Lots of insaity ensued. It was so freaky, I actually woke up. That is the only dream that I can remember that actually woke me up.

Smon
06-28-2006, 04:20 PM
Isn't it weird that crap like that is the stuff that really freaks you out?

Like a nightmare about a monster "Ah scary!"

But a nightmare about staring at a tree or walking in a hallway towards a statue, "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH *wakes up*"

elTee
06-28-2006, 05:13 PM
Wanna have fun dreams, go to the health store and buy some melatonin caps, some vitamin-B6 caps and some valerian root. Take around 3mg melatonin, a B6 and some of the valerian about half an hour before bed. If you do this every night, after a week you'll remember every single dream you had the night before, and there's a much higher chance that you'll have a lucid dream, which would be awesome.

When I was really into the dream practice I remember having a repeated dream where I would go to what I can only describe as a 'psychedelic farm.' It was amazing :)

Smon
06-28-2006, 05:17 PM
Cool.

DarthAve
06-28-2006, 05:33 PM
That pill thing sounds scary. It kinda makes me thing of this dream I had once where I did LSD, I was flying but then I fell to th ground when it wore out and I died.

Smon
06-28-2006, 05:36 PM
I heard that if you're dreaming you're falling off a cliff, and when you hit the bottom and fall off your bed at the same time, you'll have a heart attack or a stroke or something.

DarthAve
06-28-2006, 05:44 PM
...That's odd. I did once have a dream where I fell off a boat or somthing, and when I woke up I was on the floor.

KingCheez
06-28-2006, 06:59 PM
I had this dream I was all alone in the middle of the city, so I hitchhiked on a hippie VW bus and it was... okay.

I got in and they were all like beatniks playing the conga drums and something smelled funny. Surely enough, everything got funny and weird and I blacked out in the dream. Later I was being arrested because I was apparently high.

That dream for some reason scared the crap out of me thinking about it.

DarthAve
06-28-2006, 07:19 PM
Lolz, Cheez hanging out with druggies. I had the best dream. I once had a dream where I was at school, and I told this guy I used to like that I like him and he liked my back, and we made out in a closit in the cafeteria.

Smon
06-28-2006, 07:28 PM
Last night I had the lamest dream ever.

I was buying a scanner at Best Buy.

I hope to God, Buddha, Satan and Dracula it was a prophetic dream.

DarthAve
06-28-2006, 07:35 PM
Last night I had the lamest dream ever.

I was buying a scanner at Best Buy.

I hope to God, Buddha, Satan and Dracula it was a prophetic dream.
You forgot Vishnu, and how is it lame fulfilling your desires?

Smon
06-28-2006, 07:45 PM
Well something awesome is supposed to happen in a dream. Like "OMG FLYING!" or "OMG DRAGON!" but walking into Best Buy and buying a scanner is cool in the real world, but for a dream it's like "eh... woopee I guess..."

DarthAve
06-28-2006, 09:48 PM
I see your point. However you've been going off all the time being all 'I want a scanner' this and 'I would really like a scanner' that it would be a good thing for you. :xp:

Smon
06-28-2006, 09:59 PM
It would be in the real world... sadly I just keep getting these dream dollars.

I should really fo' reals have one on Saturday, if not it'll be like one of those TV shows where I keep trying and never succeed and then it gets cancelled before I do succeed. Like Samurai Jack.

Miss_Mayhem
06-28-2006, 10:09 PM
I try to make myself have lucid dreams (I've had one before, but I made it lame by going 'LOL, teh c0@t f33!5 s0 r33!') but it's not so easy. I can remember most of my dreams though since I wake up ... then fall back asleep. Doing that is scientifically proven to make you remember your dreams. But as freaky as they are, they're still lame in many aspects IMO. I have gotten 'high' in a dream. It feels cool ... but weird. i wouldn't want it to happen in a dream again. The first was a havana cigar (which doesn't count but is close enough) and the 2d and last was laughing gas.

DarthAve
06-28-2006, 10:13 PM
Oh on the 'all that jazz' part of the topic, I love that movie chicago. I used to do a jazz dance to that song.

Miss_Mayhem
06-28-2006, 10:52 PM
I never got around to seeing the movie :(, and it seemed like my type. Has anyone ever fallen in a dream and woken up? It feels ... funky ... or when people touch me real sudden like ... funky ...

Smon
06-28-2006, 11:04 PM
Ya ever have a dream where ya toss and turn in your sleep, and when you wake up you see the room at a completely different angle so you have no idea where you are?

I did once.

Poopdogjr
06-28-2006, 11:13 PM
I've heard that if you really want to remember your dreams, you should keep a notepad nearby your bed. When you wake up, write down everything you remember. It works, I wouldn't be able to remember alot of mine otherwise. Because it seems (at least with me anyway) you can remember alot right after it happens, but after a while it starts to fade on you.

I found a note I wrote before about some dreams. I was tired when I wrote it, and it shows.

1st dream.
I wrote Multiple universes, Being chased by some guy, I fall and eventually wake up in real life? Have to wear spac-suit. Run and see planets flying by. See that guy from star trek. Somehow end up at home with game about it. Beat it and at the end online game about Mario KArt online. I loseflying hats and stuff.Jack is mr. Movie guy. Becomes Physic? Drop food on myself.

2nd Dream.
About being superman? Roswell, have 2 frineds with me. Stop these guys from hurting us. We run. People become shadows. show up and Onix end up going down a water drain? I have to save her.

3rd Dream.
At beach. One day it's kinda rainy out. i walk under board walk and go underneath? PLace gets really full. And multi-leveled. It gets really quite for some reason. People want to hear something. Frined hums looney tunes theme. For some reason, a few people go crazy with exictement. Place really clears out. Family catches my sistr and are mean. We save her.people start leaving. The leader is angry. Starts the lockdown. People get stuck inside. It's like a large hotel/boat place now. I can't make it out, yet I somehow do. Along with afew others. Smoke and laughing leads us to beileve they are being forced to smoke pot.

And I have no idea what any of that means.

Klia
06-28-2006, 11:27 PM
I also had a Simpsons dream. It was strange, it was very strange. As a Simpsons fan, I knew thay Skinner was based off of the guy from Psycho and so my dream was about Skinner being Psycho while everyone else were characters from the original Psycho movie. Oh it was fun. Espically as I was Skinner. Strange, but fun.

Since encampment is coming up, I had a dream of being told to wake up for drill, but I couldn't move. I tried opening my eyes, moving my legs, arms, fingers, mouth. None of me moved. Which, is quite funny if you know that I have sleep paralysis. It's a condition where you're minds awake and your bodys asleep, so you're dreaming but you can see what's going on around you. So I guess it was a half-dream.

I also had a dream where I was in a plane and crashed.

I'll see if I have a dream tonight.

elTee
06-29-2006, 01:03 AM
That's a cool idea, I'm going to bed in a few minutes so I'll see what dreams I have tonight (this morning :().

I've been lucky to have really good dream recall anyway (usually at least one a night) but writing them down really helps - at the peak of my 'omg lucid dreaming' craze in early 2005 I was remembering three or four lengthy dreams with insane detail. The other thing that I noticed was that simply by writing them down, plausable subconscious 'meanings of this dream' really jumped out at me; a lot better than using some book.

The other thing to do if you want to have lucid dreams are so-called 'reality checks' - this is where you make sure you're not in a dream whenever you're doing everyday things. Make it a routine - go to the bathroom, reality check. Make a sandwich, reality check. A good way to check if you're awake or dreaming is to count your fingers or look at the time or something. If you look at a clock, look away and then look back, if it's a dream it'll probably be a different time. Or maybe the clock will have eight hands, or letters instead of numbers. The idea behind this is that you dream about doing lots of normal stuff and don't even realise you're dreaming, but by doing the reality check you trick your brain into 'waking up' in the middle of the dream, at which point you can take control of said dream. If you do reality checks often enough when you're awake, you'll start doing them without meaning to - subconsciously - which is when you'll start doing it in your dreams too.

I never really got the hang of that though. Valerian, Melatonin and Vit-B6 are much easier, though if you want to become a true dream crusader I guess you'd have to do a combination of all three.

Just remembered! Another trick that worked for me was to set your alarm for about five hours after you go to bed. When it wakes you up, turn it off and go straight back to sleep - your brain will skip all it's pre-sleep patterns and go straight back into deep sleep, and you'll start dreaming almost straight away. This way you get a good one to three hours (depending on how long you sleep for ;)) of solid dreaming, and when you wake up they're fresh in your mind.

pyrohappygirl
06-29-2006, 01:44 AM
I hada dream once where a giant salami was chasing everyone from my city around and if it touched you you turned into a hamster. It was random. Anyone ever had a dream they properly actually felt? I have. I was flying. It rocked. I also had a dream where I met a person, and lots of other people. At a PSYCHONAUTS convention. This was four years ago that I had this dream, folks. So weird...

Smon
06-29-2006, 02:04 AM
That's a cool idea, I'm going to bed in a few minutes so I'll see what dreams I have tonight (this morning :().

I've been lucky to have really good dream recall anyway (usually at least one a night) but writing them down really helps - at the peak of my 'omg lucid dreaming' craze in early 2005 I was remembering three or four lengthy dreams with insane detail. The other thing that I noticed was that simply by writing them down, plausable subconscious 'meanings of this dream' really jumped out at me; a lot better than using some book.

The other thing to do if you want to have lucid dreams are so-called 'reality checks' - this is where you make sure you're not in a dream whenever you're doing everyday things. Make it a routine - go to the bathroom, reality check. Make a sandwich, reality check. A good way to check if you're awake or dreaming is to count your fingers or look at the time or something. If you look at a clock, look away and then look back, if it's a dream it'll probably be a different time. Or maybe the clock will have eight hands, or letters instead of numbers. The idea behind this is that you dream about doing lots of normal stuff and don't even realise you're dreaming, but by doing the reality check you trick your brain into 'waking up' in the middle of the dream, at which point you can take control of said dream. If you do reality checks often enough when you're awake, you'll start doing them without meaning to - subconsciously - which is when you'll start doing it in your dreams too.

I never really got the hang of that though. Valerian, Melatonin and Vit-B6 are much easier, though if you want to become a true dream crusader I guess you'd have to do a combination of all three.

Just remembered! Another trick that worked for me was to set your alarm for about five hours after you go to bed. When it wakes you up, turn it off and go straight back to sleep - your brain will skip all it's pre-sleep patterns and go straight back into deep sleep, and you'll start dreaming almost straight away. This way you get a good one to three hours (depending on how long you sleep for ;)) of solid dreaming, and when you wake up they're fresh in your mind.
...are you like a somniologist or something? How do you know all these things?

Miss_Mayhem
06-29-2006, 02:10 AM
I never really understood the reality checks, but the way you put it, it makes more sense. I'm gonna start a dream journal and do the reality checks throughout the day, cuz lucid dreaming is the shiznit. What can I say? I'm a semi-hippy. Not hardcore enough to go vegan, but enough to let the bugs eat away at the plants in the backyard cuz I'm too nice to kill them. But for me, sleep is hard. I easily spent 3+ hours in bed just thinking and not really sleeping. Though I guess in a sense it's actual sleeping since I let my thoughts wander and don't subconciously direct them. Any hints for faster sleep that are easily accesible? Aside from that, I too have woken up not knowing where I was. The feeling is surreal in the least!

Has anyone slept with their eyes open? Next to lucid dreaming, it's one of the funkiest dream-related phenomenons I've experienced (I'm glad I've never had sleep-paralisis).

Smon
06-29-2006, 02:21 AM
Easy ways to get to sleep:
Utter Darkness-Drape a blanket over your windows, the total darkness makes it difficult to tell when your eyes are open or closed, which helps.
A Soothing Scent-Candles, incense, it really helps.
Tune out distractions-Turn off the TV, and if you live with brothers or sisters ask them to turn TVs or Radios down, as entertaining as this is it really helps with it off.

DarthAve
06-29-2006, 02:48 AM
WOw, thanks for the tips Smon, maybe I'll get to sleep by 4 tonight!

Miss_Mayhem
06-29-2006, 02:51 AM
Oh thanx^^, I'll try those tonite. I have some incence (well, mom mom does but whatever) that I can use. I remember when i was little, the opposite was true (in terms of noise). I was apperantly 'the loudest baby the family had had in years' and no one could tell why. They did know that I couldn't fall asleep and my head would hurt (it still happens now, and then I have to take a tylenol to ease the headaches since it wount let me sleep). Just not the cause behind it. Only the car engine or loud running water would help. Now, some super-smart scientist dudes say that some babies have a chronic ringing in their ears that won't let them fall asleep. That's what I have, as of now, I can hear that infernal buzz. But I can luckily turn it off at will now when i go to bed.

elTee
06-29-2006, 02:54 AM
...are you like a somniologist or something? How do you know all these things?
Ha, no I just read a lot about it a few years ago. What can I say? Dreams are like free trips.

As for tips for getting to sleep: again, valerian, melatonin. Valerian root is the main ingredient in most non-prescription 'sleeping pills' and melatonin is a hormone your brain produces when it's dark (it's related to serotonin somehow, but I can't remember how - like it's the opposite of, or something. If that means anything at all to you, it means something to you... if you see what I mean) and it's sold primarily as a sleep inducer. It's like the double whammy - take the pills, sleep is induced, dreamstate is clearer.

There are other ways to induce weird dreamstates, but they involve ingesting (or smoking etc.) various sacred herbs - nothing illegal, mind (the illegal stuff generally tends to do the opposite of put you to sleep.) I've not tried any of them, but the Calea zacatechichi plant is supposedly powerful. As far as I'm aware you steep the leaves in boiling water and then drink the water - but if you're interested in trying it, obviously research the hell out of it first.

And clearly, yes, I haven't gone to sleep yet. Insomnia? Or the fact that I don't have anything to do or anyone to talk to until Saturday? I don't even know anymore.

DarthAve
06-29-2006, 03:00 AM
I took a catnap before logging back on and had a dreamlet. I had a dream that I was in the neverending story, and I rode that giant white dragon thing, and talked to the turtle lady and saved the magical land. Oh, and I met Bastian, and I was all like "BASTIAN IS GAY!!" and he was all "STFU WHORE!" and began to sing Chacaron. I woke up then. It was the klondike bar, I always have messed up dreams when I eat those things.

Miss_Mayhem
06-29-2006, 03:01 AM
melatonin is a hormone your brain produces when it's dark (it's related to serotonin somehow, but I can't remember how - like it's the opposite of, or something. If that means anything at all to you, it means something to you... if you see what I mean) and it's sold primarily as a sleep inducer. It's like the double whammy - take the pills, sleep is induced, dreamstate is clearer.

Ahh, then it's a placebo of sorts? When I started playing Psychonauts, it got me real interested in pyschology and psychiatry, and of course I learned of the placebo effect. Interesting, and currently being tested by moi in several dumb scenarios.

elTee
06-29-2006, 03:06 AM
My guess is that it probably is a placebo - if I have to get up early I always take a melatonin, nothing to do with dreaming but just so I get to sleep. The fact that I've swallowed a 'sleeping pill' no doubt helps. It does give a noticeably increased heart rate sometimes though, but usually only on 4mg plus doses.

But, I wouldn't say it's just a placebo... it's not like swallowing a tic-tac and convincing yourself you just ate a lucid-dream pill. There's always a level of expectancy with these things.

Miss_Mayhem
06-29-2006, 03:09 AM
And like Darth_Ave mentioned, some foods DO make your dreams funky...or make you sleep faster. Something warm like soup also seems to help, while cold things wake you up further. Even coffee. By having it every weekend since I was 4, I have become desencitized to caffeine.

elTee
06-29-2006, 03:16 AM
Yeah, red wine always kind of knocks me out if I put the right music on. In one bout of stupidity I mixed a rather large amount of melatonin with similar (relative) quantities of alcohol. I don't remember any of the dreams but man, I slept well :)

Actually, I've just given myself an idea... I can't do this because I don't have any money, but if anyone (I guess in Europe only) gets some Absinthe with a decent amount of thujone in it, then drinks a few glasses of it and mixes it with the melatonin/valerian/v-B6 combo I bet they'd have pretty much instantaneous lucidity. Especially if they went all out and used calea too... I say this because Absinthe is unique in terms of alcohol in that it contains thujone which, whilst not making you hallucinate, does in fact keep your brain working at a relatively sober level whilst treating the rest of your body to the usual effects of alcoholic over-indulgence.

Miss_Mayhem
06-29-2006, 03:20 AM
Wow, what a cocktail! Instant lucidity, that would be cool! I keep trying to have 'em, but it's a challenge if I don't do it right. I'll set the alarm clock, now to make sure it wakes me up! Well, it's gettin' late, and I'm gonna put those ideas to work. Nitey-nite people!

Smon
06-29-2006, 03:31 AM
G'night, it's 12:30 AM here and I think I'll wait another hour before sleeping.

Why? Because at Vocabuloria, we just do things that way.

KingCheez
06-29-2006, 04:18 AM
It's 2 am and I ain't gonna sleep.

Smon
06-29-2006, 04:27 AM
In Vocabuloria that statement is a declaration of WAR. To arms brothers! To arms!

pyrohappygirl
06-29-2006, 07:52 AM
I don't ever go to sleep if I can help it. But then I have weird dreams in the two hours that I am asleep. It's weird. And also, in the PSYCHONAUTS convention dream, I met some people who may sound familiar...
One introduced themselves as Cheez, another as Darth and another as Smon. Weird eh? And a friend of mine called Zoe was me in that dream. I properly met her two years later.

Miss_Mayhem
06-29-2006, 01:22 PM
My li'l sis claimed to have a prophetic dream about another game ... I brainwashed her into thinking she didn't. She is NOT allowed to have more fun prophetic dreams than me! Why must mine be lame? At least your's were cool Pryo, you got to see four years into the future! Well, I slep well tonite (I had a monstrous dinner and ya know how that can knock ya out!). And then the dream was about ... endangered kittens. Ya know how every year these crabs migrate across these island towns to laeve their eggs on a certain beach? That's basically what was happening with the kittys, and I guess it was the last day of school all over, cuz me and some kids from school - including some I hardley knew - had to help. This would be the 3d 'last day of school' dream I've had. I wont even try to contemplate that. I kept waking up throughout my dreams, but I fell back asleep, which is why I still remember them. They ended with this cat meowing, and as it turns out, the neighbors cat was moewing, she was looking for her kitten.

elTee
06-29-2006, 01:31 PM
I had a dream I was buying cigarettes (I don't smoke) and I couldn't decide which brand to buy. I know I was buying the cigarettes to smoke them, but there was also another reason - like I was going to do something and I needed cigarettes to do it - but I can't remember what it was.

This is interesting in that I made a joke when one of my friends picked up on a cough I had the other day; I said I had to cut down on the cigarettes. Hmmm.

Odd
06-29-2006, 01:44 PM
I've had two really weird dreams.

The first, my classic "Mayonaise" dream (I apologize if I'm spelling mayonaise wrong.)
So, in my dream I see a jar of maynaise. It's just there, not floating or sitting on anything, just there, with a blue backround. Then I woke up like "wtf"? I don't even like mayonaise.

The second was a bit longer, and hopefully I can remember all of it. So I was at school, and for some reason I suspected that someone was going to try to murder my best friend, Cora. I'm trying to figure out who it is and why, when suddenly Cora asks the teacher to go to the bathroom. I figure that this is my opportunity to tell her I thought someone would try to kill her, so we leave, but the teacher was just giving out a test. He told us that as long as we were excused and didn't have anything written on our test we could take it later. Cora and I were in the hallway and I told her my suspicions, when some snobby girl and her friends walks by and I overhear that she filled out Cora and my tests with all of the wrong answers. I go nuts on her and chew her out, when all of her friends turned on her and realized how terrible she is. So, we all break out in song and sing the national anthem which in my dream was the biggest insult to this girl. She storms off and we're all happy, when my principle (who looks like Hitler in real life) walks out of his office dressed as Hitler. Then all of the school administrators dressed as ninjas circle all of us and usher us back to class. Then I woke up o.o

DarthAve
06-29-2006, 02:17 PM
Well, I fell asleep at 3:30last night, and finally woke up at 5 til 1. I had a lovely dream last night where I was in paris and I saw Milla and Sasha, kinda like in the Psychonauts euro themed christmas cards (http://shop.doublefine.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=63) Then I went to london, and I saw Lili and Raz zoom by on a vespa, LIKE IN THE CARDS. then I went to Germany, bla bla bla, Hasselhof,I saw oleander in leiterhosen caroling with Bobby, Benny and Dogan, LIKE IN THE CARDS!!!

and Now, I must write fanfiction about them.

KingCheez
06-29-2006, 03:45 PM
So I had a prophetic dream about Star Fox Adventures when I was a yungun'. This was very, very awesome and I am glad to have remembered it and shared it.

It started on a ship. There was this holographic blue fox talking to me, and apparently my friends. YOU'LL NEVER GUESS THAT THE BLUE FOX WAS A GIRL. Never knew her name until the game came out, of course. So then it's all like ship is going down argh dinosaurs are attacking. DINOSAURS. So then the ship crashlands, everyone is scattered.

I'm in this swampy place - EXACTLY modeled after Lightfoot Tribe's Village, walking around, enjoying the beautiful environment when STAR FOX SUDDENLY ATTACKED ME.

And then I woke up.

I recently had a prophetic dream about Psychonauts 2.

I was a spirit or brain form or something, and Sasha asked me to choose a body, so I made this black-clothed Dart character with red stripes on his hat and little orange swirls on his clothes. (Because orange, blue and black are the best colors ever. In that order from best to still awesome.) So I was walking around in these ravines, with waterfalls and stuff, and I found this base inside the waterfall/some door in the ravine (can't remember arrrghghg) and I got this like, mission, to track down a psychic criminal.

People, Psychonauts 2 is coming. And it's gonna be underrated.

Smon
06-29-2006, 03:54 PM
I've had two really weird dreams.

The first, my classic "Mayonaise" dream (I apologize if I'm spelling mayonaise wrong.)
So, in my dream I see a jar of maynaise. It's just there, not floating or sitting on anything, just there, with a blue backround. Then I woke up like "wtf"? I don't even like mayonaise.

...classic? A recurring dream?

Miss_Mayhem
06-29-2006, 08:21 PM
Hitler principles and ninja teachers? Mayo? I guess we can safely assume that we here are all very messed up ;). And like I've said before, I'm real jealous that you guys get the cool prophetic dreams! At the time though, I guess you wouldn't know that it was prophetic dream that you just had. Darn. The dream I had last night could have been a prophetic dream about some game where you ... i dunno ... help endangered cats cross through some forest of doom or something ... and I wouldn't know. If prophetic dreams were real though, would that mean that time travels in a circular motion, and that these prophetic dreams are really just distant, foggy memories of something that has already happened in one timeline but has yet to happen in the current one? I'm just surprised that this thread has managed to stay on topic for two whole pages.

Odd
06-29-2006, 08:43 PM
...classic? A recurring dream?

Nah, just classic because it's known amongst my friends as the weirdest, if not stupidest, dream any of us have had. XD; Perhaps I choose the wrong word to use

Mashi An'krekku
06-29-2006, 09:23 PM
The mayonnaise dream...is possibly a reference to Rocko's Modern Life.
Oh, this isn't the BSwiki Episode Trivia section? Sorry.

Klia
06-30-2006, 12:15 AM
My recurring nightmare is a gigantic pizza wave that smothers me as I try to run away but the ground dissapears beneath me.

And Bambie and I becoming enslaved to a psycho circus. Or my neighbor stealing my baby sister in the middle of the night.

Let's not forget that horrible, horrible, dream I had last night. Why did I go to sleep?

pyrohappygirl
06-30-2006, 06:44 AM
I also had a dream once about policemen KILLING EVERYONE IN THE WHOLE WORLD
!!! It was friggin scary.

Poopdogjr
06-30-2006, 01:50 PM
I remember that old myth that if you died in your dream, you would die in real life. I've died a couple of times in my dreams and as far as I know, I'm still alive.

KingCheez
06-30-2006, 04:24 PM
So I had a prophetic dream about Star Fox Adventures when I was a yungun'. This was very, very awesome and I am glad to have remembered it and shared it.

It started on a ship. There was this holographic blue fox talking to me, and apparently my friends. YOU'LL NEVER GUESS THAT THE BLUE FOX WAS A GIRL. Never knew her name until the game came out, of course. So then it's all like ship is going down argh dinosaurs are attacking. DINOSAURS. So then the ship crashlands, everyone is scattered.

I'm in this swampy place - EXACTLY modeled after Lightfoot Tribe's Village, walking around, enjoying the beautiful environment when STAR FOX SUDDENLY ATTACKED ME.

And then I woke up.

I recently had a prophetic dream about Psychonauts 2.

I was a spirit or brain form or something, and Sasha asked me to choose a body, so I made this black-clothed Dart character with red stripes on his hat and little orange swirls on his clothes. (Because orange, blue and black are the best colors ever. In that order from best to still awesome.) So I was walking around in these ravines, with waterfalls and stuff, and I found this base inside the waterfall/some door in the ravine (can't remember arrrghghg) and I got this like, mission, to track down a psychic criminal.

People, Psychonauts 2 is coming. And it's gonna be underrated.

quoted for importance.

DarthAve
06-30-2006, 04:38 PM
OK, yesterday I played a lot of psychonauts, and listened to White Rabbit before falling asleep, so I had this weird psychonauts meets alice in wonderland on A LOT of acid. Sasha was the white rabbit, and I was alice and Milla was the queen of hearts and Loboto and Oleander were the Mad Hatter and March Hare, and Pokeylope was the dormouse.

Man, it was f***ed up!

Miss_Mayhem
06-30-2006, 05:47 PM
OK, yesterday I played a lot of psychonauts, and listened to White Rabbit before falling asleep, so I had this weird psychonauts meets alice in wonderland on A LOT of acid. Sasha was the white rabbit, and I was alice and Milla was the queen of hearts and Loboto and Oleander were the Mad Hatter and March Hare, and Pokeylope was the dormouse.

Man, it was f***ed up!

Soo... you had a dream about a dream? Cuz remember, Alice's whole adventure was just a very messed up dream in the first place. Did you at least get to drink the tea? Wait... that was probably laced ...

I'm, pretty sure that in the dream I had last night, I got lost in the Sahara ...

KingCheez
06-30-2006, 05:49 PM
DON'T YOU PEOPLE GET IT? PSYCHONAUTS 2. I AM NOSTRADAMUS 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO.

DarthAve
06-30-2006, 05:57 PM
Cheez, I've had prophetic dreams of myself getting a my size angel barbie since I was 4. It never happened.

and yes, I drank the tea and played flamingo croquet with Milla. After, of coarse chasing Sasha the white rabbit. Oh and the rose garden part was weird too. All the camp kids were flowers in that garden.

And you'll never guess who the catterpillar was...

Smon
06-30-2006, 06:36 PM
Fred?

Also, Alice in Wonderland was based on a true story.

...of drugs.

...and that wasn't a joke. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_Carroll#Possible_Drug_Use)

elTee
06-30-2006, 06:58 PM
Don't get started on the Psychonauts drug comparisons... I was trying to convince everyone about that for months but thrik just got upset and said I'd turned into a hippie.

Suffice it to say:
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/9857/psychonautsblotter4fe.jpg

Smon
06-30-2006, 07:05 PM
...you just told us a root will help us sleep.

Right or not, that's strong hippy evidence.

DarthAve
06-30-2006, 07:12 PM
No, it was Tim. :xp:

Also, I can't let my dad think I'm a hippy. He already calls me one because I don't like to wear socks. I mean, I love socks, but they make my feet sweaty and stinky.

elTee
06-30-2006, 07:18 PM
Hee I don't tend to wear socks (or shoes). And I'm not saying I'm not a hippie, but the act of getting upset because someone is one denotes a derogatory opinion of them. I'm not a total hippie anyway, I mean I drive a car and I eat meat and stuff. I just like the psychedelic stuff.

DarthAve
06-30-2006, 07:31 PM
Hee I don't tend to wear socks (or shoes). And I'm not saying I'm not a hippie, but the act of getting upset because someone is one denotes a derogatory opinion of them. I'm not a total hippie anyway, I mean I drive a car and I eat meat and stuff. I just like the psychedelic stuff.
Same here, just not to the X factor. I don't wear like the ugly hippy clothes like that crappy boho chic look that was big last year, that was disgusting. I like some psychadelic music like Jimi Hendrix and Jefferson Airplain, but not grateful dead which is 'the ultimate enemy' according to my Misfit loving dad. He and mom are real opposites, I don't get it.

elTee
06-30-2006, 07:38 PM
Well luckily I like both the Misfits and The Grateful Dead, although unsuprisingly The Dead figure a lot higher on my Last.fm profile (http://www.last.fm/user/dwishart). The Airplane are way up there too. And The Doors ;

KingCheez
06-30-2006, 07:54 PM
Wow, cool, I always wanted to be a hippie. I've always been interested in the paranormal: remote viewing, telekinesis, reading minds, astral projection, lucid dreaming, out of body experiences, and all of that. Psychonauts sold me because it rekindled my interest in those.

Smon
06-30-2006, 07:56 PM
Psychonauts sold me because it rekindled my interest in those.
Psychonauts sold me because it rekindled my interest in disemboweling children.

Miss_Mayhem
07-01-2006, 03:33 AM
Oh no! The newspaper articles ... the tv exposes ... it all makes sense now ... it was YOU, Smon, wasn't it? Wasn't it??? *Curles up into corner and obsesses over my cache of your 'handiwork'*

DarthAve
07-01-2006, 03:38 AM
Well luckily I like both the Misfits and The Grateful Dead, although unsuprisingly The Dead figure a lot higher on my Last.fm profile (http://www.last.fm/user/dwishart). The Airplane are way up there too. And The Doors ;
"We're not so different, you and I."-Dr Evil

He was right. Also, I had a dream where I was in a talent show, and I sang Purple Haze and everyone was all WTF and pelted me with eggs, and the ghost of Jimi Hendrix came down and burned everyone to death with his flaming guitar.

Smon
07-01-2006, 03:39 AM
Of course it was me, who do you think wrote "I AM SMON AND I DID THIS." in blood all over little Billy Westone's walls? With his blood. And his intestines.

DarthAve
07-01-2006, 03:46 AM
Of course it was me, who do you think wrote "I AM SMON AND I DID THIS." in blood all over little Billy Westone's walls? With his blood. And his intestines.
0_0

Smon's a Killer Queen.

Miss_Mayhem
07-01-2006, 03:52 AM
How could I have bin so stoopit? The cloos where right there, in front of me the whole times. I mean ... the cows ... the milk ... the crop-circles ... my dreams ... all right there ...

Anyway, have any of you guys been so worried about something that it affects your dreams? I remember once that I was missing this one important homework assignment, and I was all freakin' out. Near the end of my sleep, I half woke (So I ws half asleep, half awake), and the part of me that was dreaming was all like ,'dont worry, i got this supper smart plan that will take care of everything', and the woken part was all like,'..but...'. The dream side won, and i felt all invincible and smart and worryfree, and then I woke up and felt so dumb!

Smon
07-01-2006, 03:53 AM
I did duct-tape this stick of dynamite to my laser gun...

...in retrospect it was a bad move.

Miss_Mayhem
07-02-2006, 04:37 PM
Duct-tape? Laser gun? More cryptic messages about your next victim? *looks at sig for clues*, movie reels ... mage/warlock ... tiger ... a guy who looks like the president ... you are going to assasinate the actor who portrays the prez in 24, aren't you? Arent yooooooooo!?!?!?!??

I had a crapperific nightmare last night(dont ask), and the fact that Ford Cruller appeared at the end didn't make it any better. Why oh why did I go to sleep? Thinking back, in the dream, I was thinking, "is this a dream? It's gotta". I was THAT close to having a lucid dream, Snap!

elTee
07-02-2006, 06:12 PM
I never have nightmares. I sometimes have scary dreams, but I don't consider them nightmares because I don't wake up terrified or anything, I actually think they're kind of cool. I can only remember having one bona-fide nightmare in the last ten years (there could have been more, but I only remember one) and in it, I was pinned up against the wall by an invisible force, inside a church, and something was writing a name on the floor. The dream was over before the name was finished, thank God, but when I woke up I was covered in sweat and not at all happy.

Psychochaos3
07-02-2006, 09:44 PM
i had a dream about killing Evil Cyborg Dictator Paris Hilton with a two keysabers(Keyblade/lightsaber mix) given to me by Jim Carrey and Mike Myers.

Miss_Mayhem
07-03-2006, 01:13 PM
w00t! I finally had another lucid dream peoples! I was in my front yard ... and it just happened, I just knew. I was a bit dissapointed that I couldn't change the environment, so i decided to fly. It was cool, even though my flying skillz are far from being the shiznit. The sad thing was that it lasted only a few dream minutes (around 10 since time flows faster in a dream). I just lost control over my lucidity, it slipped away. Or it could have been that I was entering another dream, as you have 3 or so seperated dreams a night, and your previous dream doesn't carry over to the next (Which is why they have so little consistinsy and are so weird). The lucidity usually only lasts one dream unless you 'wake up' in your others. And I 'woke' near the end :(. They say that you should spin around if you feel that your lucid dream is fading. I forgot!

PS: OMG, I'va had evil dictator celebrities in my dreams too!! Just that it was Martha Stewart and she wanted to take over the world. And no, not with her her delicious pastries.

elTee
07-03-2006, 02:47 PM
The sad thing was that it lasted only a few dream minutes (around 10 since time flows faster in a dream).

That's not entirely true - time perception in the dream world is the same as in the real world. The reason time seems to go by faster is that you subconsciouslly know that you're dreaming and it's not real - this is easier to explain by example: If you were having a dream where you saw your friends outside from your bedroom window, the next thing would probably be that you were standing outside with them. This is because your brain skips the 'leave bedroom, walk downstairs, open front door, walk to friends' steps because they are largely irrelevant and will just take up time.

This is very useful for achieving lucidity too, as if you make a point of remembering the banal steps between things (ie, walking downstairs, or the car journey to a place) when you dream and they don't occur, it might stun you into 'waking up.'

Of course, the hardest thing is staying calm as soon as you're lucid. Oftentimes I would be so "omg yes" that I would wake up for real. It's a very curious feeling though, to be doing something and to know that it's a dream - I've never had the feeling for long, and I've only known that I knew it was a dream after I've woken up - like "I had a dream last night and in the dream I knew it was a dream" if you see what I mean.

Smon
07-03-2006, 03:52 PM
Another way to help have a lucid dream is similar to your reality check idea, every hour or so try to form matter with your mind. It worked for me.

Miss_Mayhem
07-04-2006, 01:23 AM
I've been doing the reality checks throughout the day, but this seems interesting. Can you elaborate on the explanation a bit? I haven't had enough lucid dreams to know waking up to be a problem, but so far, I've stayed asleep all the way through. But i kinda wasted time wondering what to do while lucid. I had tryed to change the environment (Oh look, it's my front yard, whoopdydoo) but I couldn't so I just decided to do one of the more common things. Flying. I think I tryed to go too high, so I actually felt the hight-fear setting in. I shoulda settled for floating. Also, it would have been nice to have 'woken' at a different 'time'. Yeah, it was my front yard. At nite. And my neighborhood isn't the safest, so the paranoia still carried through even though I knew that nothing could really hurt me. I better find a way to use the lucid dreams I do get to the max, instead of admiring how real the c0@t feels...

KingCheez
07-04-2006, 01:41 AM
Yeah, on a funny but stupid note, I was standing in a crowded elevator and just said "This is the weirdest dream I've ever had."

Mashi An'krekku
07-04-2006, 01:56 AM
I was playing Super Mario Bros. 3 in my dream last night. I was on the last airship, and then there was a cutaway (like how all the levels end) and then there was this awesome boss battle.
I have...no idea.

Rock_California
07-04-2006, 08:03 PM
Butch Hartman meets the Psychonauts...and the kids at my school. It was the best dream I've had in awhile....Except the kids at my school part...

DarthAve
07-04-2006, 09:49 PM
I'm back from vacation. I had no real dreams, except this one where Raz and Lili got into fireworks at Wispering Rock and began to shoot everyone with roman candles. Raz was all "YOUR STORIES SUCK, NOW YOU DIE!" and he shot Vernon in the face with a bottle rocket.

Yeah, the moral is playing with fireworks kicks ass. I should know!

Miss_Mayhem
07-06-2006, 12:30 AM
Oooh! I luv fireworks! We were shootin' 'em last night in my Gramma's front yard, and it was fun until the cops showed. And even after that, the family decided to screw the law and kept firing them anyway.

DarthAve
07-06-2006, 12:55 AM
Yeah, they legalized them in Indiana so we had a blast without breaking the law!

Gruducuuz
07-06-2006, 01:55 AM
I have this book on psychic dreaming, but, (my parents are divorced and all that stuff,) the book is at the other parents house, so I'll post here sometime later this week,(maybe month,) when I analyse these dreams and tell you what they mean.

KingCheez
07-06-2006, 04:16 AM
So elTee, tell me about these sacred herbs, like the cultivation and preparation of them. I've heard some of them can do great things for psychic and spiritual energies and such.

Smon
07-06-2006, 04:57 AM
So elTee, tell me about these sacred herbs, like the cultivation and preparation of them. I've heard some of them can do great things for psychic and spiritual energies and such.
The sacred Mahou Ha-bu root is said to have magical properties. But only because I just invented it.

But yeah, please elTee, enlighten us. You seem to be very knowledgeable in this field.

elTee
07-06-2006, 11:47 AM
Well, the most important thing to understand about all this is that you have to have an open mind and be of the persuasion that the Earth is capable of providing a cure for almost anything that ails you. I know scientists take a plant and analyse the composition, find out which chemicals in it are active and then synthesise them in a laboratory and this has 'the same effect' (or stronger due to the purity) but when you're sort of a borderline pagan like me then the active compounds in a plant are not nearly as important of the spirit of the plant itself. After all, you're consuming a living entity; it is dying for you to experience something. That said, each plant is not unique to itself, but governed by a spirit which is invested in each plant of a particular species, which is why the plants aren't 'angry' at you for consuming them. Of course, if you consume them with the wrong attitude then the spirit of that plant is less likely to be benevolent towards you, which in my opinion is a major reason why so many people have very bad trips on Amanita Muscaria mushrooms, and to a lesser extent the Psilocybin mushrooms. You go seeking knowledge, not some fun - and in doing so are more likely to be shown a useful vision.

If you think that all this is gibberish, then my advice is probably of no use to you. I am a person who uses entheogens (http://theline.wordpress.com/tag/entheogens/) for spiritual reasons, which is in most people's eyes akin to 'being a druggie' or 'being a hippie' but it isn't (http://theline.wordpress.com/2006/03/23/entheogens/). What I'm talking about here is essentially drug taking, but with legal substances - and as most of you are under 18, it's important for me to say that I don't think you should mess around with the more powerful things like Salvia until you're good and ready; and when that is is up to you, but please don't think I'm encouraging it. I'm not!

However, I don't have any problem talking about so-called 'dream herbs' with you as there are no restrictions on them that I know about, and are generally available in health food stores. But! If you want to try any of these read the links in this post first! Don't go out and blindly buy a 'dream herb' and then find out it has some side-effects you don't like or can't handle. Know your substances!

The best one that I know about is called Calea Zacatechichi (http://www.erowid.org/plants/calea_zacatechichi/). As far as I know this plant is legal everywhere except for Louisiana, where it is illegal as sold for human consumption but presumably still available in garden centres. It can be made into a tea, crushed into capsules and swallowed, or smoked depending on your preference - but here is a beginner's guide to the preparation (http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=12224) of this herb - read it carefully. The general concensus on Calea is that it will lead to a very clear dreamstate and improve your dream recall - if you take it with some kind of regularity it would no doubt be useful towards achieving lucidity.

Here (http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=14163) is an experience report of someone using the melatonin, vitamin-B6 and valerian combo I told you about, with doses. There are many more on Erowid (http://www.erowid.org).

These are the only substances I have experience with and I think it would be irresponsible to endorse anything I haven't tried myself. If you're interested, search for shops online with the words 'entheogens' or 'dream herbs' and see what they have to offer. If you find something that looks good, look it up on this list (http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp_list.shtml) and see what other people think about it - as they say, 'you cannot deny the experiences of others'.

Alternatively, go into a head shop (or any kind of 'pagan' or wicca type store; one that sells potions and bongs and incense and 'legal joints', you know the type) and just tell them you are looking for substances that will affect your dreams - they'll know more than me. If you go to a health store, just tell them you're looking for a natural sleeping aid.

KingCheez
07-17-2006, 06:39 AM
Wow.

In other news, the most amazing thing ever happened to me.

I was trying to have an out-of-body experience, and then something just switched. I felt like I was UNDER my bed, spread out in all of the little drawers under it, my eyes were twitching ridiculously (REM sleep?) and I was like, vibrating. I thought I was out, but (damned) asthma made me have to consciously focus on taking a big breath.

Anyway since I just don't have the will to smoke (well, maybe) I'll be enjoying some Calea Zacatechichi tea soon.

Still, that was the most amazing thing that ever happened to me up there. I gotta try it again.

EDIT: No "foreign" substances were used, just me and my willpower.

itchythesamurai
07-17-2006, 07:27 AM
elTee, you are the awesome! I recall my dreams almost nightly, and it feels like I possess a decent amount of control in them. A lot of times I'm also aware that I am in dreaming, and if it's a scary one, I'll just wait it out until I wake up, or desperately cling to it if it's a nice one. Sometimes I'll write them in a journal because I'm in touch with myself like that.

Miss_Mayhem
07-17-2006, 04:01 PM
Isn't salvia that little white flower? If so, then alot of it grows in these nearby mountains. Anywhos, a few days ago, my sister was getting ready to get up for summer school. She always wakes me up, but I just fall asleep again. I dreamt that I was awake and she was being whiney, so i threw my alarm clock at her so it would wake her up in five minutes. Of coure, when i woke up, the clock was next to my bed, so I knew it had been a dream. Then later on in the day, she told me she had dreamed that i had thrown an alarm clock at her bed as she was getting up for sum.school. It was real freaky. We both had the same dream! And Cheez, how did you do that? Be a tad more specific, cuz that sounded cool!

KingCheez
07-17-2006, 04:20 PM
Well, idunno. I guess just a mantra in my head saying that I would go out of my body (since that has to be incredibly awesome) and all of a sudden my body was totally asleep but my mind was like, wide awake. But I got way too excited. (I /still/ am.)

elTee
07-18-2006, 01:30 AM
Maybe that was sleep paralysis... I only ever experienced that once and in my idiocy thought I was being possessed, because I was sleeping in a new house for the first time. I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't move... scary stuff, because I didn't know about sleep paralysis at the time.

Miss_Mayhem: a lot of plants are called 'salvias' I think, but the one I was referring to specifically is Salvia Divinorium. I think it only grows in Mexico, but I could be wrong. Anyway, unadulterated the plant isn't amazingly strong - although you can take the leaves and roll them up into a quid and suck on it for an hour-long trip, of sorts. The salvia that is smoked and increasingly being banned by close-minded people (a few states in the US, Australia, other countries) is extracts which are anything from 5 to 100 times stronger than the plant on it's own.

Miss_Mayhem
07-18-2006, 01:42 AM
I have a cousing of mine whos had about 5 lucid dreams (and I envy her), but she didn't enjoy them at all since she said she had little control over her dreams and ended with sleep paralysis. I feel fortunate I've never had it. And really, ghosts are out there, don't feel stupid elTee. My old house was haunted, though I only saw weird things happen on a few occasions and being so young, didn't think it could be ghosts (my mom on the other hand knew quite well but didn't want to scare me since it was not too bad). In retrospect, alot of weird things that happened are suddenly put into perspective.

KingCheez
07-18-2006, 02:55 AM
elTee, I swear I was halfway out of my body.

DarthAve
07-18-2006, 03:07 AM
I recently had a dream about me talking to this guy n IM we're kinda friends and all out of nowhere he's all "I love you." Like a crappy romance film. I'm like ".....Liar." and he's get's with the mushy talk and all that crap. I REALLY HOPE IT'S DEJA VU CAUSE THIS GUY IT HOTT!!

Miss_Mayhem
12-02-2006, 02:59 AM
Revived!

St. Jimmy
12-02-2006, 06:25 AM
I had a really wierd dream the other night... which I'm not going to tell you about.

elTee
12-02-2006, 11:38 AM
I found an interesting way of having lucid dreams a few weeks ago, which I'll share.

You know how if you have a job, and you're working for ten hours a day and it's just the same mind-numbing actions like 'take money, put it in the cash register, give change, repeat' - when you get into bed, do you find yourself doing these actions in your pre-sleep / post-awake time?

I'm explaining this badly; let me start again. I have been doing Christmas work on a stand in the shopping centre, it's fairly boring. People hand me an item, I bag it, give them their change, then they go away and someone else hands me another item, et cetera for eight hours or so. Then that night I come home, go on the computer for a bit, maybe have a beer, then go to bed. When I'm lying there, I find myself going through those exact same motions again - taking change, wrapping items, like I was at work, you know?

Well I used to get this when I was working at a supermarket about four years ago - I'd go to bed after a long day at work, and I'd be scanning items in my sleep and ringing up change. Kind of annoying! Because work was crap, and the last thing I wanted to do was dream about it.

This thing seems to work for any repetative task you do throughout the day. Two years ago I worked in an office, and I was working on a huge spreadsheet every single day - updating it, amending it etc. I dreamed about that too. And ****, I used to play solitaire for like half an hour before bed sometimes trying to get a high score, and then I'd dream about that too (I even once had a dream where I was playing solitaire, but instead of cards it was words, and by building chains I was actually writing a song - weird.)

Anyway! If this sounds familiar, you might be able to trick yourself into a lucid dream like I did.

So I'm lying there in bed, 'at work' again. And I'm thinking to myself 'I'm not really at work, this sucks.' So I just started doing things that I could never do in real life - someone handed me an item to bag up, so I threw it far away! I opened the cash register and helped myself to lots of money, and started throwing that around too. I was just playing around because I knew it was all in my head - but it felt completely real.

The catch is that I was still kind of awake - somewhere between awake and asleep. I'm sure playing with this concept could lead to a much clearer state of lucidity, though :)

Oops, sorry for the long post!

Davinq
12-02-2006, 10:35 PM
^ Nice. I'm gonna try that sometime.

DarthAve
12-02-2006, 10:57 PM
I had a dream yesterday that I finally hit 10,000 post. Than I got in a car crash and died. But it was cool, because I got to go to Fisher and Sons and talk to David because he talks to the dead people sometimes, like Paco and that victim of gay bashers that got him to come out to everyone.

St. Jimmy
12-02-2006, 11:27 PM
I had a dream yesterday that I finally hit 10,000 post.
WTF. ESTABLISH YOURSELF AMONG PEOPLE NEARBY AND GO OUT SOMETIME.

@ El Tee: Once, I did something similar to that. I was in a dream (it was rather boring actually) and I knew I was dreaming and decided that I wanted to wake up. So to wake myself up, I figured I'd pound my hands on the floor and will myself awake. It didn't work, which is wierd. I still find it strange that I didn't have the chioce of conciousness. You'd think that I'd be able to just wake up.... yeah.

DarthAve
12-02-2006, 11:56 PM
WTF. ESTABLISH YOURSELF AMONG PEOPLE NEARBY AND GO OUT SOMETIME.
But, counting this post, I've got only 51 more post to go!!

Det. Bart Lasiter
12-03-2006, 12:26 AM
Miss_Mayhem: a lot of plants are called 'salvias' I think, but the one I was referring to specifically is Salvia Divinorium. I think it only grows in Mexico, but I could be wrong. Anyway, unadulterated the plant isn't amazingly strong - although you can take the leaves and roll them up into a quid and suck on it for an hour-long trip, of sorts. The salvia that is smoked and increasingly being banned by close-minded people (a few states in the US, Australia, other countries) is extracts which are anything from 5 to 100 times stronger than the plant on it's own.
It grows in California as well, people have even been known to plant it in their yards.

FUNFACT: When properly extracted, Salvia is the most potent natural hallucinogen on the planet.

DarthAve
12-03-2006, 12:42 AM
FUNFACT: Drugs are bad, dad. Even if they make you have cool dreams.

Det. Bart Lasiter
12-03-2006, 01:25 AM
FUNFACT: Drugs are bad, dad. Even if they make you have cool dreams.
Thank you. That will be all Ave.

Samnmax221
12-03-2006, 01:31 AM
Enough out of you evil reflection.

itchythesamurai
12-03-2006, 01:35 AM
Enough out of you evil reflection.

Holy crap, Jmac is the Mirror Mirror version of Eric! I always suspected Jmac had a goatee. I'm so going to get into dream herbs when I move out.

Poopdogjr
12-03-2006, 01:40 AM
Drugs make the magic doors in my head open and the space cows fly through on bear-unicorns set ablaze on might fart fire from the third world of glalgazar.

Side note- I've only done drugs like thrice my whole life. They aren't that great. Neither is alcohol. Natural highs and just plain insanity are what can keep ya going' strong!

DarthAve
12-03-2006, 01:44 AM
NO! Drugs posess you! and they make you ugly, and you'll rot away in jail if you buy or sell drugs. You'll die way younger, you'll have weird teeth, you'll be unatractive and unpopular, you'll be more careless and make more bad decisions, and you'll have to fight a long, hard battle to get rid of them in your life.

Get high on life, not drugs! ~thumbs up~

sezza
12-03-2006, 01:46 AM
Last night I had a dream where someone made me bite the curb. D=

DarthAve
12-03-2006, 01:49 AM

Do you recall it being tasty?

sezza
12-03-2006, 01:53 AM
Do you recall it being tasty?

No. =<

DarthAve
12-03-2006, 01:56 AM
No. =<

Oh, because once I was dreaming of living life throught a day but it was weird. A peice of pavement was on the ground and I picked it up and I ate it. It tasted like the pink colored rock candy. I was all "Yum <3's" as I precided to lick the street.

Miss_Mayhem
12-03-2006, 03:12 AM
Oh, thanks ElTee! And what you've said about being between sleep and awakendess(?) is called threshold consiousness. If properly utilized, you will get to experience some form of hypnogogia (which can be effin' sweet if ya know what is happening or effin' scary if ya dont) and can willingly enter a dream and be lucid. I've done it once. Since the threads death I've gone lucid 2/3 times. 'Splain later.

Det. Bart Lasiter
12-03-2006, 03:23 AM
Oh, thanks ElTee! And what you've said about being between sleep and awakendess(?) is called threshold consiousness. If properly utilized, you will get to experience some form of hypnogogia (which can be effin' sweet if ya know what is happening or effin' scary if ya dont) and can willingly enter a dream and be lucid. I've done it once. Since the threads death I've gone lucid 0 times. 'Splain later.
Solly but 'round these parts we round down.

Samnmax221
12-03-2006, 03:25 AM
Oh, thanks ElTee! And what you've said about being between sleep and awakendess(?) is called threshold consiousness. If properly utilized, you will get to experience some form of hypnogogia (which can be effin' sweet if ya know what is happening or effin' scary if ya dont) and can willingly enter a dream and be lucid. I've done it once. Since the threads death I've gone lucid 0 times. 'Splain later.
****er that made me think of goatse.

Miss_Mayhem
12-03-2006, 03:29 AM
Nah, I really have. I used the wake-induced method. Though once my dream self went to sleep and I realized I was dreaming but felt very tired to decided to screw it and let my lucidity go.

DarthAve
12-03-2006, 03:31 AM
Dreams are fun. I think I'll go have one soon. A hot one....with Ben....making out....OH YEAH!

sezza
12-03-2006, 03:32 AM
Whenever someone says OH YEAH I just imagine that koolaid jug guy bursting through walls.

DarthAve
12-03-2006, 03:41 AM
The kool-aid guy is my desktop in computer applications.

I should probably have that dream now, but I must....get....10,000.

sezza
12-03-2006, 03:47 AM
You can do it if you beliiiiiieeeeeve that you can.

DarthAve
12-03-2006, 03:51 AM
I'm going for the GOLD mommie!!

..10!

KingCheez
12-03-2006, 03:51 AM
Kool-aid guy is still paying off breaking my windows

DarthAve
12-03-2006, 03:55 AM
He destroyed my summer afternoons.

"NOT enough sugar!!"
5 seconds later.
"STILL NOT ENOUGH!"
5 seconds later
~spits out~ "Too much sugar!" pours down drain and tries again.

itchythesamurai
12-03-2006, 03:58 AM
I've been having really good dreams that have left me horribly depressed and caused me to just lay in bed for about six hours after I wake up. Is this normal?

Miss_Mayhem
12-03-2006, 03:26 PM
Yes.

elTee
12-03-2006, 03:32 PM
Jmac is correct, Salvinorin A (the hallucinogenic chemical in Salvia Divinorium) is the most potent naturally occuring hallucinogen. So, obviously, don't smoke Salvia unless you're old enough to make the decision sensibly :)

I don't want to get drawn into a "drugs are bad" debate; suffice it to say - some drugs are bad - some aren't, but have suffered from propaganda. Basically, the general official concensus is that:

BAD DRUGS
Heroin
Cocaine
Speed
Alcohol
Nicotine
PCP

Not so-bad drugs*
Cannabis
LSD
Ecstasy
Psilocybin (Mushrooms)
Mescaline

* Non-addictive, relatively (or in the case of LSD, at least, for certain) non toxic. No-one has ever died of an overdose of cannabis, LSD, Psilocybin or Mescaline. Ecstasy is on the list because it's not addictive, and is only really dangerous if you're allergic to it (very low percentage chance) or if you take a really stupid amount of it all at once.

The distinction between 'hard drugs' and 'soft drugs' is often hard to define, but in Holland Psilocybin, Mescaline and obviously cannabis are all classified as 'soft drugs' mostly for the reasons I just listed.

But, like, don't do drugs. At least if you do, don't do it because of anything I've said. Research it for yourself!

Ahem. (http://theline.wordpress.com/2006/03/23/entheogens/)

zelda 41
12-03-2006, 03:36 PM
OMG I had a horrible nitemere last night. It was my stepdad killed my mom, and was gonna kill me, my bro, and sis, and nieces. He like made my cats run away and my dog, to lour us to our sunroom, and he had such a creepy look on his face towards me. We got our animals back suddenly, in my sis's car, and we tried to flee away, but then I woke up. The really scary part was he dug ten holes in the yard for us, and there was a coffin off to the side.

Nitemere: OR VISION?

Det. Bart Lasiter
12-03-2006, 04:30 PM
Not so-bad drugs*
Cannabis
LSD
Ecstasy
Psilocybin (Mushrooms)
Mescaline
It should be noted that those two are usually made from harmful chemicals in countries that they're illegal in, and thus are made harmful themselves.

Halo_92
12-03-2006, 04:42 PM
When you mention drugs and things of that sort eltee shows up.lol

elTee
12-03-2006, 05:41 PM
Heh, it's not like that I swear! I was talking about dreams, it was other people who started talking about drugs!

What Jmac says about Ecstasy at least is true - you never know what you're getting. LSD on the other hand, I may have to argue about - it's active at such small doses that even if you covered it in poison, you wouldn't get ill from it. I mean, you can trip off an amount of LSD that's much smaller than the size of a grain of salt - not many chemicals, good or bad, are active in those kinds of quantities.

Also, the thing about strychnine in LSD is a myth. Just look it up on wikipedia or Erowid.

But yeah, no more drug talk! Dreams!! Talk about Dreams!

Miss_Mayhem
12-04-2006, 01:17 AM
My third lucid dream just occured. I was in some cornfield with a lone highway, a guy in a red car drove up and stopped. I decided to go along and he tried to convince me to join in with him ins some sort of marketing ploy. I just nodded and went ahem to whatever he said. It sounded smart but I know it wasn't. I was smi-lucid at this point.

He dropped me off in some city place a mabobber (or I spun to change the environment, I dunno) expecting me to go along with his plan. Instead, I ran around kicking people and looting clothes, telling others they had no sense of fashion. The guy chased in after me to get harrased by 2 chicks I'd told off. I ran away through a back door, laughing. I ran around the block a bit, then I heard polic sirens. Laughing even harder I rushed into a house and took the family hostage. They were real nice. I ran around locking windows and doors, the woman wanting me to turn myself in becuz I was a bad influence on her newborn and that locking the windows and doors would do me no good since that's how I escaped last time(?). The sirens were wailing and I heard a chopper, and I didn't want to give up so I played around with some tap water Avatar style. Then I woke up. Still, that was long and awesome!

Poopdogjr
12-05-2006, 01:43 AM
The only drug that people should have to take is EQUATE. And it ain't even a drug homey. You can play that shiat up at any store that sellz it wit no I.D. or nuthin'!

I honestly don't understand the draw of drugs. Even alcohol. Actually especially alcohol. If you feel that you need some sort of possibly harmful substance to help you get through the day, or having it essential to having a good time, then you might want to really take a look at why.

I mean I can understand doing it from time to time, or to just experiment or something I guess. But I dunno. I might just have weird views on this stuff as opposed to others. Not entirely sure why. Everyone has their opinion, and that's just my 2 cents. Not ragging on anybody or anything.

Halo_92
12-05-2006, 12:55 PM
Dude i had a dream lastnight that Dark(aKa. Bitchface Mcrabby) came back.

DarthAve
12-05-2006, 03:55 PM
I dozed off in study hall today and had a dream about my school turning into a musical. And we all just randomly break out into song and dance numbers. Like...in gym, everyone broke out into Wind it Up. And I snag Dead by TMBG at lunch

Samnmax221
12-05-2006, 05:08 PM
The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. And I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon.
-Hunter S. Thompson

On a differant note I've been too ****ing antsy all day long. Mind wanted to sit and be good, body wanted to run out of the room screaming "AAAAHHH!!!!! SPIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!", like an Acid Freak.

Poopdogjr
12-05-2006, 08:16 PM
I find that movie to be absolutely high-larious. 5 bonus points for quoting it.

elTee
12-07-2006, 06:12 PM
Here's a crazy dream I had last night:

A few weeks ago, I had a dream where I was kind of tricked into the back of an ambulance and taken to a Russian prison camp. I can't really remember the details of that dream anymore, but last night I had a dream set in the same location - except this time, it was the island from the Lost TV show.

Well my brain dreamed up what the "secret" of Lost was - needless to say, it was crazy. In my dream, there were lots of dinosaurs on the show, and they were always attacking the cast. It turned out that 'the others' were scientists who were trying to figure out why the dinosaurs always attacked people - kind of a no-brainer, but the explanation was that they had some weird gene in their DNA which made them do it. In order to circumvent this, then... well, heh. The characters had to change their surnames.

I know! It doesn't make sense. And then when they did this, they all could turn into animals at will - mostly polar bears. And then that was the end of Lost.

I know there's more to this one, but I woke up at 7am and was at work from 9am to 9pm, so it's all been obliterated. It's a shame, if it had been a non-work day I could have written it down.

As a PS, this dream was a lot stronger in my memory that usual dreams; I took 6mg of melatonin before I went to bed so that I would get to sleep early. I was thinking purely about getting up for work, the improved dream lucidity was just a bonus I hadn't thought about beforehand.

Miss_Mayhem
12-08-2006, 12:49 AM
Ah yes, dream logic. Pure rubbish when you try to sort it out, but rather amusing to hear! Ever notice how snugly objects and people that you'd expect to see as CG in movies or animated entertaintment fit into the dream world? They just blend right in...

KingCheez
12-08-2006, 04:49 PM

I think that was my subconscious urge to American History X curbstomp you being planted in your brain.

Davinq
12-08-2006, 06:56 PM
I'm catching up to you Mayhem... for 1,000 posts! XP

DarthAve
12-08-2006, 08:36 PM
These school turning into musical dreams are officialy recurring. But it was all me yesterday night. I sang Fever in gym, and busted out in Come Fly With Me during study hall.

Miss_Mayhem
12-08-2006, 11:20 PM
I think it would be cool if everyone could burst into song and instantaneously know song lyrics and dance choreography without premidiated thought or pratice.

DarthAve
12-09-2006, 01:02 AM
Ok, I'll do it then! and Greg will probably stare at me all weird.

itchythesamurai
12-09-2006, 01:12 AM
Nightmare from a couple nights back:

I walked into the shower, which was on, when this high-pitched siren-like noise started blaring. I scrunched up my hands and covered my ears, crouching into foetal position. Somehow I knew that the sound I was being subjected to was specifically meant for torture and driving people insane. Suddenly, a third arm, full length, sprouts from my forehead and starts strangling my throat. It's weird though because this third arm has completely lifted me off of the ground, even though it's a part of me. So this new rebellious limb is trying to kill me and is causing me to levitate at the same time. I try to scream but my throat's being constrained and my mouth is full of shower water. I end up flailing my legs about and breaking the glass. Then I woke up.

Miss_Mayhem
12-09-2006, 02:46 PM
I feel bad for you itchy, I hardley ever have nightmares.

elTee
12-10-2006, 01:33 PM
While I was eating Alison Hannigan
... I am tired, and I guess dirty minded, because I looked at that post and that was all I saw :/

St. Jimmy
12-11-2006, 07:26 AM
My dreams are somewhat like yours Chase.

St. Jimmy
12-11-2006, 09:20 AM
Wow. I bet you **** yourself. I would've.

St. Jimmy
12-11-2006, 08:03 PM
Okay, whatever rings your bell. Last night I had a dream about cadets.... It was really annoying.

DarthAve
12-11-2006, 10:35 PM
I had another musical dream...

Science-Rock Lobster
Social Studies-Istanbul(Not Constantinople)

ect, ect, ect. This recurring dream is getting really boring.

Oh yeah, and I was talking to Hot Gym Guy, and six feet under theme started playing.

Davinq
12-11-2006, 10:40 PM
I just had a dream where I was a super-admin of LF, and I was changing everyone's post to be spoken in Maori. Then Ave got on and somehow thought Halo was the one who had become a super-admin, and she's like "Dude WTF Halo!?" And then I changed it into "Wow, why is everyone speaking gibberish?" And then Halo got on and somehow read the "Dude WTF Halo!?" And then Halo said "Dude WTF is going on?" And then I woke up.

DarthAve
12-11-2006, 10:52 PM
Woah, I'm in a dream.

Did you actually see my beautiful faaaaaceeee?

St. Jimmy
12-12-2006, 06:56 AM
I just had a dream ... of LF
What is wrong with you people?

Miss_Mayhem
12-13-2006, 12:33 AM
Anyon here had dreams about scouring the internet? I have, mostly openeing email, sometimes going onto RD and Deviantart.com.

St. Jimmy
12-13-2006, 12:38 AM
You all need to see multiple doctors.

Miss_Mayhem
12-13-2006, 12:50 AM
YOU havent been interneting enough.

St. Jimmy
12-13-2006, 01:26 AM
I'VE been interneting too much. I'm not sure if there's a name for what you guys do..

St. Jimmy
12-14-2006, 01:04 AM
You know Chase, In posting that post, you just proved how likely that post really is.

Miss_Mayhem
12-14-2006, 01:06 AM
*gasp!* Self-fulfilling paradox!

Samnmax221
12-14-2006, 01:08 AM
I've already been. Every one turned me down because they I scacred them too bad. One even faked not being a doctor. They pretended to speak broken English and speak Chinese. They said "We dry-clean now. No doctor here. Only look like."
Build me a Walkman!

St. Jimmy
12-14-2006, 01:29 AM
*gasp!* Self-fulfilling paradox!
Aren't we amazing here?

Miss_Mayhem
12-14-2006, 02:08 AM
Yes. We are special and deserve golden star shaped stickers.

Samnmax221
12-14-2006, 02:20 AM
JEZUZ SAYS NO! JEZUZ SMASH!!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/62/Cthulhu_and_R%27lyeh.jpg

Miss_Mayhem
12-14-2006, 02:30 AM
You have no idea how hard I laughed. I suppose Font size really does = AWESOME.