PDA

View Full Version : Movie?

Nick Virago
07-09-2006, 03:44 PM
------------------------------------------------------------------------

SteveBB
07-09-2006, 03:50 PM
Tim burton recently brought out a movie called Corpse Bride which had skeletons as main characters and is also the director of "The Nightmare Before Christmas" which also featured skeletons. But other than that I haven't heard anything about it

itchythesamurai
07-09-2006, 03:55 PM
Any idea where you heard this?

VampireNaomi
07-09-2006, 04:07 PM
IMDB knows nothing of it and googling doesn't provide any useful info either. It's probably just speculation since people have been talking about Grim and Tim together for years.

By the way, you've got a great username and avatar. I take it we have a third Nick fanatic on board?

pure1224
07-09-2006, 04:37 PM
But has anybody taken all the cutscenes from the game and made a movie out of it

Shuz
07-10-2006, 05:21 AM
It wouldn't make much sense would it, much of the story occurs in the normal game mode

Grim_comician
07-10-2006, 05:48 AM
There is a movie series called "Day off the dead", that humourously is based on eight underworld in GF's concept. There is a demo movie of it, linked from one of Grim Fandango's fan sites.

I say, I say
07-10-2006, 01:20 PM
Tim Burton is known for doing film noir and also slightly twisted films; he has covered the aspects of death in both The Nightmare Before Christmas and Corpse Bride, he could probably do Grim Fandango very well I'd bet.

Scorpicus
07-10-2006, 02:05 PM
If he did do Grim Fandango, he probably would heavily adapt it so we couldn't even recognize it as Grim Fandango.

Hey, Nick Virago fanatic number three! I see you've met Nick Virago fanatic number one. So allow me to introduce you to Nick Virago fanatic number two:me.

Nick Virago
07-10-2006, 04:41 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

James Isaac
07-10-2006, 05:05 PM
Wow, that's a great find... if it goes ahead it may give Grim Fandango sales the boost they deserve :)

SteveBB
07-10-2006, 05:14 PM
If this is true this should really give a boost to the community

VampireNaomi
07-10-2006, 05:33 PM
I REALLY hope that is true, but I'm going to remain sceptic until something official is announced. Anyone can create Wikipedia articles.

Smon
07-10-2006, 08:13 PM
I hope that happens... though it doesn't look like we'll see it for a while, considering he's working on another project set for release for 2007.

swediot=)
07-10-2006, 08:38 PM
I REALLY hope that is true, but I'm going to remain sceptic until something official is announced. Anyone can create Wikipedia articles.

which is why i don't think this is true

Smon
07-10-2006, 08:51 PM
I don't know... the Movie Center thing with quotes from Burton seems real enough...

itchythesamurai
07-10-2006, 09:50 PM
Well I don't think it'd be too different if they are keeping the name Grim Fandango and the same setting. Could easily become the best video game movie ever though. Maybe even lead to a rerelease of the game? Special edition? Nah, not getting my hopes up just yet.

VampireNaomi
07-11-2006, 02:29 AM
Oh, silly me. I didn't even notice the Movie Center article. That makes it seem a lot more credible, but it's still not certain.

I don't know Burton very well, but I heard he has the habit of changing the source material to fit his vision. If he were to make this movie, what changes do you think he may make?

Also, I wonder if he's planning to make it stop-motion, computer animated or what. Maybe live action? :D

EDIT: If the movie is going to be made (notice how sceptic I still am), I hope Burton plays the game and not just reads the script. I heard he made Batman without having read any of the comics.

Imagine what a movie would do to our community. Numerous people would go see the film because it was made by Burton, there'd be thousands of new fans, LucasArts would probably re-release the game in some sort of special edition style, they might even start considering a sequel if it was a success.

And then we could start being elitist "You aren't a true fan if you've only seen the movie!" bitches to everyone who stumbles upon these forums. :rolleyes:

itchythesamurai
07-11-2006, 02:35 AM
It would be awesome if he consulted the other great Tim and got him involved. (Schafer for those not in the know.)

VampireNaomi
07-11-2006, 02:38 AM
Definitely. Maybe I'm being an idiot, but I can't get rid of the mental image of Burton getting rid of the film noir and replacing it with gothic horror. Am I stereotyping him too much? Schafer could keep him under control. ;)

Smon
07-11-2006, 02:41 AM
Definitely. Maybe I'm being an idiot, but I can't get rid of the mental image of Burton getting rid of the film noir and replacing it with gothic horror. Am I stereotyping him too much? Schafer could keep him under control. ;)
Maybe, but he'll probably stick to the source material for the character design, but will twist and exaggerate the backgrounds, still, I hope it comes out.

Shuz
07-11-2006, 05:02 AM
If a movie is going to be made I hope it is either A: a perfect screen adaptation of Grim Fandango with all the bits we love or B: something loosely based on the GF concept that is different enough to be considered separate from the game universe. I would hate to have something which tries to be A but ends up being B. Sort of like how Curse of Monkey Island tried to continue the Monkey Island series but is not considered to be a 'real' part of the series.

Smon
07-11-2006, 08:10 AM
I hope they stick to the game, but cut out the puzzle bits, fun to play, probably not fun to watch.

I say, I say
07-11-2006, 08:12 AM
I had a look at the source of this article, the blog from Movie Center; it doesn't look entirely reliable. It would be great to have a Grim Fandango film but I don't think it looks hopeful. Could be wrong though...

VampireNaomi
07-12-2006, 02:18 AM
I agree. Speculating is fun, but it's no use getting too excited before there is any real proof. We'll only end up really disappointed. Burton's quote says that the script was sent to him. By who? LucasArts? Ahaha.

Scorpicus
07-12-2006, 02:58 AM
You know, if I had pick of the directors I would choose the coen brothers to direct it. Millers crossing and all that.

urluckyday
07-12-2006, 12:27 PM
Hm...I still doubt that the wiki article is genuine. I mean sure it's possible, but as Naomi said: "anyone can create wikipedia articles." But it would be splendid if there was a movie, so I hope it is true!

itchythesamurai
07-12-2006, 03:58 PM
Would Burton have to buy the rights for Grim Fandango off LucasArts or how would that work?

Smon
07-12-2006, 04:49 PM
He might, but LA could also see this as a business investment and just let him have it.

Celestyn
07-13-2006, 03:27 AM
I really hope this is true. I saw the same story on gamespot.

Smon
07-13-2006, 03:59 AM
Sounds much more credible, link plz?

Edit: I checked it out here (http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=24795084), sadly they're also using The Movie Center as a source.

Double Edit: This site has his address, it may be outdated but it's worth a shot. (http://www.timburtoncollective.com/bio.html)

itchythesamurai
07-13-2006, 07:37 AM
No way, Denzel Washington as Master Chief?! Well, Burton's agent and LucasArts can't stay silent forever. (God have mercy on us if they can.)

B.A.T.
07-14-2006, 10:35 AM
Oh come on, i think this is just another rumor if burton does this movie i bet it will suck!!! think about it most comics that go movies usually are severly changed (spiderman 1 the green goblin wasnt suppose to die he just had this huge accident or sumthin and got minor amnesia) plus if they are going to do it, it better be computer animated becuz if they did live action it wud be a big upset! well if its computer animated they shud get the original vocal cast (Tony planna and such) but u never know

Scorpicus
07-14-2006, 12:46 PM
Actually, I wouldn't mind if it was live action. But I think plastacine would be the best way to go. And Burtons movies definately do not suck! You seen sleepy hollow, edward scissor hands and batman? All excellent movies! And thats the thing about taking games and comic books and making them into a movie. You have to ADAPT them.

Look at the first Harry Potter movie. That was practically identical to the book down to the last detail. The result? It was an alright film, nothing special. The fourth movie, however, was changed ALOT from the book. And the result? A damn good film!

And those comic book films (apart from the incredible Hulk which does suck). Yes, they have all been heavily adapted from the original material but the results were brilliant! And tonnes of new fans! And a new lease of life for the comic *coughs* or Grim Fandango *cough*

Yohein
07-14-2006, 01:43 PM
I hope, if this rumour is true, they'll keep all the voice actors from the game.

James Isaac
07-14-2006, 03:35 PM
I hope, if this rumour is true, they'll keep all the voice actors from the game.

Good point. It would never be the same Manny without Tony Plana's voice! (Unless they're using completely different characters, then it won't really matter)

VampireNaomi
07-14-2006, 03:58 PM
Velasco's voice actor is dead, so they'd have to replace at least him. Or they could take a few lines from the game because I doubt they'd give that character much attention in the film. There's just not enough time to go to such depth in a movie.

Smon
07-14-2006, 04:28 PM
Oh come on, i think this is just another rumor if burton does this movie i bet it will suck!!! think about it most comics that go movies usually are severly changed (spiderman 1 the green goblin wasnt suppose to die he just had this huge accident or sumthin and got minor amnesia) plus if they are going to do it, it better be computer animated becuz if they did live action it wud be a big upset! well if its computer animated they shud get the original vocal cast (Tony planna and such) but u never know
Actually Burton sticks pretty heavily to the source material. Just look at the Batman movies, the only times they ever ****ed it up was the nipple suit and that Harvey Dent was played by a black man in one of the movies and a white man in Batman Forever. But other than that they stick to the story/continuity pretty well.

James Isaac
07-14-2006, 04:33 PM
I just realised something! You may remember, back in February at the Department of Death we recieved an email about a Grim Fandango 2 project (http://www.grim-fandango.com/gf2.php). Here is the first part again if you've not seen it before:

A good friend and computer animation colleague of mine who recently began working for the LucasArts studio in Singapore informs me that they're involved in a Grim Fandango sequel project, albeit in the development phase. Tim Schafer is apparently developing a story, and a team is putting together the project for a 'pitch' of sorts to LucasArts management. The only downside is apparently this pitch will be up against another project and only one will be put into production. Let's cross our fingers for GF2!!

This inside info is of course unofficial and best kept anonymous, but my own personal enthusiasm for the game encouraged me to share my excitement for a sequel with your GF community!

When it happened everyone was pretty skeptical about it so I asked Jake about it and he told me this:

Jake says:
i have no clue if its true

Jake says:
i really doubt it

Jake says:
unless its an animation project not a games project

Jake says:
lucasfilm has attempted animated films before, like the monkey island movie that was in production at ILM before they shut down their feature film animation department in the late 90s

Jake says:
the concept art for it has slowly been leaking out of that one artists site

Jake says:
i know there was also some preproduction done on an animated sam and max film but it got canned at the same time as the MI movie

Jake says:
neither of those got past concept art

...Could this mean that the team I was informed about were infact working on a Grim Fandango pitch to send to Tim Burton? :O

urluckyday
07-14-2006, 10:53 PM
Rumor mills are so much fun...so much to talk about with so little credible information!

B.A.T.
07-15-2006, 02:11 AM
well then again the movie center did have a few typo's so maybe they just took what he said out of contex If there will be a movie it wud probably be realeased in 2008 or somthin but dont count on it. Its probably just a publicity stunt or just a rumor maybe lucas arts wanted to raise sales or sumthin. but if the movie was a success they would re-launch GF or make a sequel but it would be based on the movie and be different from the actual game. They might even make it a platform game which wud destroy the franchise. There will never be another GF just like there probably will never be another MI.

1 GF
4 MI
1 FT
1 S&M

itchythesamurai
07-15-2006, 07:48 AM
Man, where's our guy on the inside?

VampireNaomi
07-15-2006, 09:59 AM
Actually Burton sticks pretty heavily to the source material. Just look at the Batman movies, the only times they ever ****ed it up was the nipple suit and that Harvey Dent was played by a black man in one of the movies and a white man in Batman Forever. But other than that they stick to the story/continuity pretty well.

He also made The Joker to be the one who killed the Waynes while it was Joe Chill in the comics. Some people I've talked with can't stop bitching about that. :rolleyes: Also, don't we have Joel Schumacher to blame for the mistakes you mentioned?

There have to be some changes about the story and characters if it's going to work as a movie. For example, they can't possibly add stuff about all four years without making it too long, or only scratching the surface. I haven't thought about it a lot, but I don't think it would be such a bad idea to skip most of Year 3, maybe even replace it with a scene in Puerto Zapato (so that Manny can find Meche).

Thrik
07-15-2006, 11:55 AM
Just to throw this out there, Tim of the Schafer variety knew nothing about this when asked on July 12th.

I'm really not sure why anybody's buying into it at all considering the story originated from some free blog that was created a month ago with four posts on it. I could create a Wordpress.com blog right now and throw up a similar rumour and it'd hold as much weight as this one. :/

While a Grim Fandango film would be truly awesome, I think it's important that we keep ourselves composed and don't get too excited about what will almost certainly turn out to just be another guy attempting to drive traffic to his blog by putting out a rumour that everyone'd love to be true.

B.A.T.
07-15-2006, 12:50 PM
Tim Schafer didnt know wtf! Its not happenin its just another rumor. LA is way too busy with their Starwars games(even though they rock) Nowdays thats all LA is focused on besides they'd have to sell the rights to burton or sumthin.

VampireNaomi
07-15-2006, 01:22 PM
I don't think anybody is really believing it. The rumour just got everyone speculating again about what they think of the idea of a movie. There being a rumour spiced it up a little and made it more exciting than the previous movie threads.

Thrik
07-15-2006, 03:53 PM
Hee I don't mean you guys so much, but all the game sites out there that're reporting it like crazy. :~

Smon
07-15-2006, 04:15 PM
Well with all the buzz it has attracted maybe, if it turns out to be fake, LucasArts will start looking into it anyway.

VampireNaomi
07-15-2006, 04:57 PM
I'm not too surprised that it caused such a buzz. Considering the lack of any GF related news in years, it's easy to get excited when something new comes up. I know my heart skipped a beat. :)

urluckyday
07-15-2006, 05:59 PM
Yea, it's sad that there is so little news about GF...but think about it...not too many other games still have this much news after about 8 years of this released...well considering that GF didn't do amazing...

Nick Virago
07-15-2006, 08:07 PM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

itchythesamurai
07-15-2006, 11:42 PM
I couldn't really find anything pertinent on Dark Horizons, what am I supposed to be looking at?

Thrik
07-16-2006, 05:50 AM
Considering his former influence at LucasArts and the gravity of such a piece of news, chances are he'd know something about it. As for Dark Horizons, I'll bet both nuts that they're basing their story on The Movie Center's, whether credit is given or not.

As for GF being the last adventure game from LucasArts, well yeah, I guess that's true if you don't count Monkey Island 4 that was released in 2001! :D

itchythesamurai
07-16-2006, 07:25 AM
Is this nut bet open to anyone? Would I have to put mine on the line to participate?

Nick Virago
07-16-2006, 02:30 PM
As for GF being the last adventure game from LucasArts, well yeah, I guess that's true if you don't count Monkey Island 4 that was released in 2001! :D

My mistake, MI4 was the last adventure game by lucasarts (released in 2000, actually) but remember tim schafer wasn't involved in all 4 games and even if he was involved in MI4 (I don't remember right now) that was his last job at lucasarts. He resigned afterwards (did I mention the star wars fever from the late 90's?)

Experience has told me that videogame-based movies only succeed when whoever created the game is kept at least 1000 ft from the set, I think Tim Burton would like to create his own version of Grim Fandango.
Take for example the two mortal kombat movies: when Midway sold the rights for the first one, neither ed boon or john tobias (co-creators) were involved and the movie was a success (with a budget of $30 M, the studio won $70 M only on the first weekend and was considered the first good videogame-to-film adaptation, today it's the second best, right after tomb raider), but when they made mortal kombat: annihilation two years later, both boon and tobias decided to butt in and write the script themselves. That movie was considered by the critics as one of the worst action movies of the decade, the studio barely won a cent over the budget and for the first time they cancelled the third part in a three-picture deal.

Scorpicus
07-16-2006, 04:06 PM
What was Schafer fired for? I thought he resigned.

Thrik
07-16-2006, 04:25 PM
Yeah, I've certainly heard nothing about him being fired. He did indeed leave around the beginning of 2000 to found Double Fine, but as far as I'm aware that was a fully voluntary decision and the natural route for a senior game designer to take in the industry.

But seriously, I really, really doubt this rumour holds any weight. I'd love it to be true of course, but the fact remains that the only thing we've got to go on is the word of some random blog with pretty much zero credibility.

Thrik
07-16-2006, 04:26 PM
Yeah, I've certainly heard nothing about him being fired. He did indeed leave around the beginning of 2000 to found Double Fine, but as far as I'm aware that was a fully voluntary decision and the natural route for a senior game designer to take in the industry. There's been nothing to suggest he was forcefully ejected from the company, which would be unlikely considering his skill and experience.

But seriously, I really, really doubt this rumour holds any weight. I'd love it to be true of course, but the fact remains that the only thing we've got to go on is the word of some random blog with pretty much zero credibility.

Thrik
07-16-2006, 04:27 PM
Yeah, I've certainly heard nothing about him being fired. He did indeed leave around the beginning of 2000 to found Double Fine, but as far as I'm aware that was a fully voluntary decision and the natural route for a senior game designer to take in the industry. There's been nothing to suggest he was forcefully ejected from the company, which would be unlikely considering his skill and experience.

But seriously, I really, really doubt this rumour holds any weight. I'd love it to be true of course, but the fact remains that the only thing we've got to go on is the word of some random blog with pretty much zero credibility. Many rumours have passed this community by over the years, and there's nothing to suggest that this will turn into anything more than they did nothing. :(

Nick Virago
07-17-2006, 12:45 AM

Smon
07-17-2006, 01:00 AM
Entertainment Now sounds much more credible... but the page seems to be in a state of disarray...

itchythesamurai
07-17-2006, 05:11 AM
I think the Entertainment Now story is just the same old quote with a synopsis of the game above it. There's no way that much of the story would have been released yet. Food for thought, it'd be weird if Burton tried to make it a four-part saga.

Thrik
07-17-2006, 05:18 AM
Yeah indeed, all that page has is a description of Grim Fandango and then a copy/paste of The Movie Center's 'quote'. And once again, it's just some random site hosted by FreeServers (http://www.freesevers.com/), a free host.

I'm still calling nonsense on this one. :~

Edit: I just noticed that Entertainment Now was seemingly only created at 5am this morning, and hasn't even been crawled/cached by Google yet. I'm beginning to get the feeling that somebody is playing a prank here and putting these random blogs/sites up just to cause a stir.

Let's face it, there's absolutely nothing to suggest these sites have any credibility whatsoever. And if real hollywood insiders or whatever were spilling information like this, they'd use a real site for doing so like Ain't It Cool News (http://www.aintitcool.com/).

Fishy as a trout if you ask me!

Smon
07-17-2006, 05:27 AM
Yeah most suspicios...

[Major Armstrong]But I refuse to let the fires of hope within me die this day![/Major Armstrong]

itchythesamurai
07-17-2006, 05:31 AM
Maybe things will get out of hand and the rumor will spread like crazy and Tim Burton will be like, "Grim Fandango? What's this nonsense then? Hey, this actually sounds good..." Maybe.

Chep
07-17-2006, 10:31 AM
I don't want a Grim Fandango movie to be like A Nightmare Before Christmas or Corpse Bride. Those films were too dark and not at all similar to our beloved GF.

Nick Virago
07-17-2006, 01:48 PM

Thrik
07-17-2006, 01:59 PM
And yet every single one of them is using The Movie Center's quote as the source. See how we keep ending up back at this totally unestablished blog?

And like was explained earlier in the thread, Wikipedia is 100% community powered. Anybody can edit any article on there at any time, including you and me. It doesn't hold up if the facts can't be supported by a credible source.

Thrik
07-17-2006, 04:37 PM
Okay, the game's up. Thanks to James Isaac for doing the research.

As we can see (http://themoviecenter.wordpress.com/2006/07/07/dia-de-los-muertos/), The Movie Center posted its 'quote' from Tim Burton about the Grim Fandango movie back on July 6th. A day later on July 7th, a detailed Wikipedia article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grim_Fandango:_The_Movie) created by somebody using the nickname "Wesborland" popped up. Take a look at this guy's contribution history (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Contributions&target=Wesborland) and you'll see that he has been continually modifying the article ever since.

As you can see from reading through this thread, a user called Nick_Virago joined the Grim Fandango Discussion forums on July 9th asking whether or not anyone's heard anything about a Grim Fandango movie. A few posts later Nick claimed to have stumbled across this information on The Movie Center and Wikipedia:

well, according to wikipedia and the movie center, the production of this movie was briefly announced, and there is no telling when the filming will begin:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grim_Fandango:_The_Movie
The Movie Center (http://themoviecenter.wordpress.com)
Take note of Nick's direct implication that he found the Wikipedia article.

Ever since, Nick has been posting links to all manner of obscure websites that 'back up' the original rumour, all of which reside on free hosting and/or reference The Movie Center as the source. Thing is, some of these sites haven't existed on the internet for more than a few days, and Entertainment Now hasn't even been discovered/crawled by Google at the time of writing.

Today on July 17th, someone called wes_borland left a comment (http://www.worldofmi.com/comments.php?type=news&id=1146&action=read) over on the World of Monkey Island about the movie. Yes, the same guy who created the Wikipedia article a week and a half ago.

The best bit? I had a word with Dalixam over at the World of Monkey Island and it turns out that we've got an IP match between Nick_Virago and Wesborland/wes_borland. This guy has been directing us towards sites of his own creation while maintaining the act that he's been finding them.

Nice.

I say, I say
07-17-2006, 04:47 PM
Well, the deception is laid bare for all to see, alongside the deceiver.
Bad show really, besides April Fools is a long way behind/in front of us give or take.

Smon
07-17-2006, 05:00 PM
*pulls out a pitchfork*

How dare you Nick!? I used to think you were cool.

SteveBB
07-17-2006, 05:12 PM
I ban you because you said there was going to be a grim fandango movie!

wrong thread?

Smon
07-17-2006, 05:15 PM
Yes wrong thread.

Although I'm angry Nick, kudos! You started a rumor that spread over to Attack of the Show! You made something horrible that got on television! NOW DIE.

King Dando
07-17-2006, 05:56 PM
Manny: *Punches Nick in the face*

Virago: Oof...What? Was that for [all the lies I told]?

Manny: No. That was just for being you. I don't have time to get you for [spreading rumors of a Grim Fandango movie which have since be proved false], but I'm sure somebody will.

Nick Virago
07-17-2006, 06:35 PM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thrik
07-17-2006, 06:43 PM
Yeah, because GameSpot isn't quoting your 'The Movie Center' or anything.

Nice try, but you didn't cover your tracks well enough sorry.

Nick Virago
07-17-2006, 06:48 PM

Thrik
07-17-2006, 07:04 PM
Yes.

Smon
07-17-2006, 07:07 PM
You have to admit Nick, using a wikipedia article YOU edited isn't exactly something you should present as evidence.

Chep
07-17-2006, 09:32 PM
LoL, seriously do something better with your time.

scabb
07-18-2006, 07:25 AM
I still believe you Nick.

VampireNaomi
07-18-2006, 09:22 AM
Ahaha, this is brilliant! The Grim Fandango fandom got a little MsScribe mess of our own. I'm so proud. :D

Nick, if you did it, then congratulations for causing such a buzz. If you really are innocent, then don't worry about it. We don't hate you. Or at least I don't. ;)

MJ
07-18-2006, 10:28 PM
Wow. The guy's a tool. But yeah, kudos to you, Nick, for getting a lie this far.

The only thing that could maybe come out of it is if Tim Burton reads all the rumours and says to himself 'now what's this Grim Fandango thing I'm supposed to be making a movie about?' and becomes really interested in the project :)

Smon
07-18-2006, 10:41 PM
Wow. The guy's a tool. But yeah, kudos to you, Nick, for getting a lie this far.

The only thing that could maybe come out of it is if Tim Burton reads all the rumours and says to himself 'now what's this Grim Fandango thing I'm supposed to be making a movie about?' and becomes really interested in the project :)
I hope so. Then we may actually get a GF movie.

itchythesamurai
07-18-2006, 11:30 PM
Hm, I think Robert Rodriguez would be one of the best choices to handle a Grim Fandango movie. He captured a noir feel with Sin City and he's done a lot of green screen and CGI stuff. (Especially if he got Tarantino to guest direct a special scene again.)

Smon
07-18-2006, 11:34 PM
I still vote for Burton. CGI or clay it'll look great. Just please no musical numbers.

Nick Virago
07-18-2006, 11:59 PM
Hm, I think Robert Rodriguez would be one of the best choices to handle a Grim Fandango movie. He captured a noir feel with Sin City and he's done a lot of green screen and CGI stuff. (Especially if he got Tarantino to guest direct a special scene again.)

Keep... Tarantino... and Rodriguez... THE HELL... away... from Grim Fandango :sithk: . I watched Sin City and it wasn't worth the 5$ I paid. I don't find the idea of Burton directing it so good either, I mean, he could do a good job, but Steven Spielberg or George Lucas could do it much better.

Smon
07-19-2006, 12:13 AM
Keep... Tarantino... and Rodriguez... THE HELL... away... from Grim Fandango :sithk: . I watched Sin City and it wasn't worth the 5$ I paid. I don't find the idea of Burton directing it so good either, I mean, he could do a good job, but Steven Spielberg or George Lucas could do it much better.
Spielberg would make it too family friendly and Lucas would put too much emphasis on the special effects and not enough on the story.

But every director has their drawbacks.

Nick Virago
07-19-2006, 12:31 AM

MJ
07-19-2006, 12:46 AM
well, tim schafer is out of the question. you know what they say about getting involved with a movie based on a videogame you created... you know... the movie SUCKS. (mortal kombat:annihilation, mario bros, etc.)

At least it doesn't suck as much as you. Going around the internet making up crap and getting people's hopes up. Git.

MJ
07-19-2006, 01:18 AM
Hey I heard a movie is being made based on this videogame (apparently directed by tim burton) is this true?

No, it's not true. Because you made it all up.

Case closed.

?

Nick Virago
07-19-2006, 01:27 AM
screw it, I don't have the energy to keep arguing about this.

Shuz
07-19-2006, 05:19 AM
juicy drama on the gf forums? no way!

itchythesamurai
07-19-2006, 05:25 AM
Skeletons aren't supposed to be juicy!

I was giving Nick the benefit of the doubt before and trying not to get pissed off at him, but then he snapped at me for mentioning Rodriguez and Tarantino. Besides, Rodriguez did the Mariachi trilogy! So he's probably hip on Mexican culture and Day of the Dead! (Mumble grumble, Sin City was fantastic, mumble grumble)

Nick Virago
07-19-2006, 11:38 AM
lol, I didn't snap at you, but Tarantino is just not the right choice to direct gf.

Shuz
07-19-2006, 11:49 PM
^^ he would find it hard to make it gory with skeletons for characters

Upgrade
08-23-2006, 05:20 PM
No, it's not true. Because you made it all up.

Case closed.

?

No one said it was true. Just that it was a rumor. Since it was how could it be a lie. We all want a GF movie and we are talking about what directors we want for them. But anyway steven speilberg would make it sorta family. But tim burton would change it from aztec to more like gothic

Nick Virago
01-09-2007, 08:29 PM
What the hell, with a story like this, even Uwe Boll would do a good job

stewlil
01-20-2007, 04:24 PM
And then we could start being elitist "You aren't a true fan if you've only seen the movie!" bitches to everyone who stumbles upon these forums. :rolleyes:

Yeah haha! we could all get special badges for being "True Grim Fans"