PDA

View Full Version : .ncs question

Arátoeldar
07-10-2006, 11:45 AM
I am trying to merge two mods. This requires the merging of two .ncs files. I have looked at the scripting tutorials. However I have not found any answers. The closest I an get is Darth333'd tutorial on how to compile scripts. How do I open a .ncs file?

ChAiNz.2da
07-10-2006, 12:52 PM
the .ncs must be de-compiled first...

Did the 2 mods include their source files (.nss)? This would be want you want in order to edit/combine the scripts.

You can attempt to de-compile the .ncs using the DeNCS Script Decompiler (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php#sct).. the program should work in either K1 or K2 now, depending on the version of Java (JRE) you have running..

However, you'll still need to 'manually' combine the 2 scripts once you have their source.. it's just getting to that point is the biggest problem.. hehehe

If that doesn't work, post which 2 mods you are using, or the byte code for the .ncs :)

Darkkender
07-10-2006, 01:24 PM
What are the mods and what are the scripts I might be able to further you along this path as well.

Arátoeldar
07-10-2006, 02:05 PM
The two mods that I am trying to combing are Achilles Game Balance (no nss) and Handmaiden for for Exile (has nss). The file file is a_kreatris.ncs. When I try to use Hazard's scripting tool, it does nothing. When I try to use DeNCS tool I get the following error.

"Error: cannot open actions file K:\Maps Mods Patches\LucasArts\KotOR Series\Files need Modding\ncs\DeNCS script decompiler for KotOR 2 TLS\nwscript.nss"

This happens for either .ncs file with or without the .nss file.

:confused:

stoffe
07-10-2006, 02:33 PM
The two mods that I am trying to combing are Achilles Game Balance (no nss) and Handmaiden for for Exile (has nss). The file file is a_kreatris.ncs.

As far as I remember Achilles version of the script only changes the "n_darthtraya" resrefs to "n_darthatris" or some such to use other creature blueprints not conflicting with those used in the Malachor modules.

Arátoeldar
07-10-2006, 02:50 PM
As far as I remember Achilles version of the script only changes the "n_darthtraya" resrefs to "n_darthatris" or some such to use other creature blueprints not conflicting with those used in the Malachor modules.

That make sense since there are two n_darthatris.utc files.

Darkkender
07-10-2006, 03:22 PM
The two mods that I am trying to combing are Achilles Game Balance (no nss) and Handmaiden for for Exile (has nss). The file file is a_kreatris.ncs. When I try to use Hazard's scripting tool, it does nothing. When I try to use DeNCS tool I get the following error.

"Error: cannot open actions file K:\Maps Mods Patches\LucasArts\KotOR Series\Files need Modding\ncs\DeNCS script decompiler for KotOR 2 TLS\nwscript.nss"

This happens for either .ncs file with or without the .nss file.

:confused:

Do you have DeNCS installed in it's own directory or in the same directory with Kotor Tool?

The reason I ask is this is likely being caused by improper installation which they have lined out in the readme for DeNCS.

Arátoeldar
07-10-2006, 04:05 PM
Do you have DeNCS installed in it's own directory or in the same directory with Kotor Tool?

The reason I ask is this is likely being caused by improper installation which they have lined out in the readme for DeNCS.

OK now that I have DeNCS installed correctly. :o When I use the DeNCS I get either failure or it does nothing. I am using Java 1.6 update 7.

Arátoeldar
07-12-2006, 02:28 AM
Now that I am using Java 6 beta 2 I stiil get ether failure or nothing happens. I tried decompiling them from their own folders. I have tried decompiling them from the Kotor Tool folder. I am using the latest version of the Kotor Tool. :smash: