View Full Version : [Xbox] Does This Work On 360?
07-11-2006, 07:36 PM
I was gonna go rent Republic Commando (God I love this game...) but I dont know if it works on the 360. Anyone know?
07-11-2006, 08:04 PM
Sadly, Republic Commando isn't on the list of games (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm) from the original XBox that are playable on the 360.
07-11-2006, 09:47 PM
NOOOOOOOOO!!!! :mad: Holy crap, how is that possible!?
What's a software emulator, and why do you need one to play xbox games on the 360?
07-14-2006, 06:51 AM
I think it might be possible in the future. There's been a lot of pressure for Psychonauts to be made 360-compatible, amongst other games.
08-02-2006, 02:40 AM
I hope that will be possible on the 360 soon. I find it kind of retarded that a Barbie game which sold less or Bi Mutha Truckers is on the list, but not Republic Commando which did a whole lot better and is not on the list.
02-24-2007, 04:42 PM
I only realised it after buying it for £5 on dvd.co.uk
04-20-2007, 11:50 PM
Sorry to bump this, but I just checked the reverse compatibility site on xbox.com and Republic Commando has just been added to the list. Updated my 360 and played... game looks great!!!! *does happy dance*
04-20-2007, 11:55 PM
Ah, yes. I just read about that a few hours ago.
I beaten Republic Commando for PC. But, have yet to try it on Xbox. Once I get my 360, I may think upon purchasing this to play it. Plus, it would be fairly cheap to buy. :)
07-17-2010, 11:24 PM
It works on xbox 360 for me you can see all the games that work here http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm you have to download this http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/d/8/1d8c09be-278e-41cd-98be-eb9188128227/$systemupdate9199.zip you save and copy the files to a disk and put it in your xbox 360 and open the disk. It will do a update and your done there you go !
To install the update from a CD or DVD
You can update your console software by downloading the software to your computer from Xbox.com, burning the software to a CD or DVD, and then installing the software on your Xbox 360 console. Here's how:
1. On your computer, click the following link: Download console update (http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/d/8/1d8c09be-278e-41cd-98be-eb9188128227/$systemupdate9199.zip) .
2. Click Save to save the console update .zip file on your computer.
3. Unzip the file.
* If you are using Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7, you can just double-click the .zip file to unzip it.
* If you are using an earlier version of Microsoft Windows, you will need a separate utility to unzip the file (for example, WinZip).
4. Insert a blank, writeable CD or DVD into your computer.
5. Copy the contents of the .zip file to the root directory on your CD or DVD, and choose to write (burn) the files to the disc.
6. Once the files have been burned to disc, remove that disc from your computer and insert it into the disc drive on your Xbox 360 console.
7. Restart your console.
8. When your console restarts, the installation program for the console update will start automatically. When you are prompted to install the new console software, select Yes, update now.
vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.