PDA

View Full Version : Can't access pcgamemods.com

The Sith'ari
07-13-2006, 01:37 AM
I don't know if it's only me who's encountering this problem, but since yesterday I've been unable to access pcgamemods.com, and the following message shows:

Warning: mysqli::mysqli() [function.mysqli]: Too many connections in /home/web/pcgm3/library/db.php on line 22

Warning: Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/web/pcgm3/library/db.php on line 28

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'DBException' with message 'Database: ' in /home/web/pcgm3/library/db.php:29 Stack trace: #0 /home/web/pcgm3/scripts/log.php(2): db->query('INSERT INTO log...') #1 /home/web/pcgm3/index.php(11): require_once('/home/web/pcgm3...') #2 {main} thrown in /home/web/pcgm3/library/db.php on line 29

Warning: Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/web/pcgm3/library/db.php on line 113

I wonder what's wrong? Anyone can help?

EnderWiggin
07-13-2006, 01:42 AM
Yeah, Sergio must be having even more problems now, because I couldn't access it either.

_EW_

Char Ell
07-13-2006, 01:56 AM
I wonder if this means pcgamemods.com has finally died after a long and slow demise.

I hope not. :(

Shem
07-13-2006, 03:16 AM
I hope not either. It would be a shame if it did. I really love uploading my mods there. I just pray Sergio decides to fix his site because I'm one of many people who have enjoyed it since it opened in 2002.

Fiestainabox
07-13-2006, 01:56 PM
Yah, I noticed that too, it was set as one of my homepages in firefox. I think its about time it got fixed, or about time everybody move to another host, I think lucasfiles is the best, but Filefront good too.

Kainzorus Prime
07-13-2006, 03:36 PM
Pcgm database was full for some time before i quess they are doing maintenance and are adding more space for new files.

Darkkender
07-13-2006, 06:05 PM
Pcgm database was full for some time before i quess they are doing maintenance and are adding more space for new files.

The message posted above is a server crash error. They may have taken it down to upgrade it however they usually throw up a dummy page to alert people to that fact. This looks more like the service provider lost the server holding pcgamemods from either an overload or from a malicious attack.

I would favor the malicious attack scenario.

stoffe
07-13-2006, 06:23 PM
It seems the registration for the pcgamemods.com domain expires in 2 days, so I guess we'll see by then if the owner has any intention of continuing to run the site and re-register the domain, or if it will become suspended.

Since the site hasn't been maintained for more than 6 months my guess would be that it's going to disappear entirely, though I'd love to be wrong. It would be a shame if such an extensive mod library just vanished.

EDIT: The domain registry for pcgamemods.com has now been renewed at least. Remains to be seen if this means the site will return or if the owner just intends to keep the domain. :)

The Source
07-13-2006, 07:00 PM
About two days ago, I deleted five of my mods. I hope Sergio comes back, but I can understand why he may let it go. It takes a lot of time to maintain a website. Too bad he doesn't have an account here. It was kind of him to give us a place for free storage.

Only time will tell.

Darkkender
07-13-2006, 07:48 PM
About two days ago, I deleted five of my mods. I hope Sergio comes back, but I can understand why he may let it go. It takes a lot of time to maintain a website. Too bad he doesn't have an account here. It was kind of him to give us a place for free storage.

Only time will tell.

He used to have an account here. Of course T7nowhere was involved in Kotor based administration for awhile at PCGM I don't even know if he still is.

Shem
07-13-2006, 08:54 PM
It seems the registration for the pcgamemods.com domain expires in 2 days, so I guess we'll see by then if the owner has any intention of continuing to run the site and re-register the domain, or if it will become suspended.

Since the site hasn't been maintained for more than 6 months my guess would be that it's going to disappear entirely, though I'd love to be wrong. It would be a shame if such an extensive mod library just vanished.That doesn't sound good. It's one of those glad to know information, but sad to hear it at the same time.

I really hope Sergio decides to re-register the site the domain name and get it going again.

The Source
07-13-2006, 08:55 PM
Sergio seemed like a laid-back guy. You can tell he was having fun. Maybe he will come up with something new.

Either way, I wish him well.

T7nowhere
07-13-2006, 09:21 PM
I wouldn't be surprized if this was the final end of the site. I was involved in Moderating the KotOR sections up until Decmeber of 2005. Since then I have not been able to access the site, As I was effectively banned by a site glitch while I was dealing with a troll. All attempts to contact Sergio have failed and to be honest after 3 months of trying to contact him I gave up.

It's a shame that the largest library of KotOR mods may be gone, but we still have Lucasfiles.com. The convenience factor is much lower than PCGM but it's better than nothing. ;)

jedi7000nathan
07-13-2006, 10:10 PM
hope it's not because there so many mods in danger of being lost forever

crazylittleloca
07-13-2006, 10:20 PM
I know I just,don't where we can get KOTOR I and KOTOR II mods! I just hope*sob*,that he can get the site up and running again! All the wonderful mods created,will be lost FOREVER! I'd just.....I'd Just cry! :cry8: ! I know y'all agree!

The Source
07-13-2006, 10:33 PM
I wouldn't be surprized if this was the final end of the site. I was involved in Moderating the KotOR sections up until Decmeber of 2005. Since then I have not been able to access the site, As I was effectively banned by a site glitch while I was dealing with a troll. All attempts to contact Sergio have failed and to be honest after 3 months of trying to contact him I gave up.

It's a shame that the largest library of KotOR mods may be gone, but we still have Lucasfiles.com. The convenience factor is much lower than PCGM but it's better than nothing. ;)
I allways thought that LucasFiles.com was under utilized. Darth333 had encouraged me to place my mods there. Even though you don't have certain freedoms, you get the sense that your mods are in good hands.

Vandrak
07-13-2006, 11:39 PM
I also hope Pcgm isn't down for good, and i was just thinking about posting a mod there, i guess i will post it on lucasfiles instead.

jonathan7
07-13-2006, 11:43 PM

i know that pcgamemods is the best library, but surely http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/ is next in line in terms of number of mods, lucasfiles has very few really!

EnderWiggin
07-13-2006, 11:44 PM
I also hope Pcgm is down for good, and i was just thinking about posting a mod there, i guess i will post it on lucasfiles instead.
:eyeraise:
What?
You want PCGameMods to be down for good? :cry6:
What a loss... but life must go on.
Wherever Sergio is, I hope he's doing well.

i know that pcgamemods is the best library, but surely http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/ is next in line in terms of number of mods, lucasfiles has very few really!
That might be true, but alot of the modders here were on bad terms with the previous management of KotorMods. Most of the old mods on there, IIRC, were taken from other sites without permission and hosted there. I dunno if those mods have been removed, but I do know that KotorMods is under different management as of now, and they are trying to resolve the situation.

Oh, and LucasFiles.com is an offically endorsed LucasArts mod site while KotorMods is not.

_EW_

EDIT: Sorry for the double post, but in the first one I started writing before seeing Jonathan's post... so I didn't see it until after posting the first one...

Please use the 'edit this' post feature and add any new content to your previous post, copy and paste works wonders for this. ;) -RH

Vandrak
07-13-2006, 11:50 PM
I meant i hope it isn't down for good ;)

jonathan7
07-14-2006, 12:05 AM
That might be true, but alot of the modders here were on bad terms with the previous management of KotorMods. Most of the old mods on there, IIRC, were taken from other sites without permission and hosted there. I dunno if those mods have been removed, but I do know that KotorMods is under different management as of now, and they are trying to resolve the situation.

Oh, and LucasFiles.com is an offically endorsed LucasArts mod site while KotorMods is not.
sorry dudes i didnt know - bows head in shame... please dont force lightning my ass, i wont fail you again master!

Inyri
07-14-2006, 12:08 AM
I have Sergio's MSN address if anyone wants to try contacting him. I don't know whether he still uses it, though.

Most of the old mods on there, IIRC, were taken from other sites without permission and hosted there. I dunno if those mods have been removed, but I do know that KotorMods is under different management as of now, and they are trying to resolve the situation.I'm under the impression most were removed by the new administration, but none of the current staff there can be entirely sure unless authors come forward with information, because the previous administration left them no information to go by. We've tried contacting a couple of people we're concerned don't know their mods are hosted there, but we've not had luck contacting those people yet to the best of my knowledge.

Revnant
07-14-2006, 12:11 AM
Yeah me and my friend hope it isnt done because it looks legitement(sp?). Also I saved a number of mods from there into my favorites.

SithRevan
07-14-2006, 12:26 AM
I am sort of a noobie, but I can tell that site was one of the best kotor modding sites around and I would really hope it was not gone.

jedi7000nathan
07-14-2006, 12:32 AM
ya so what do we if i don't get a new KOTOR 1 Mod i'll go crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Revnant
07-14-2006, 12:36 AM
Yeah because I cant seem to find a way to downloads avol vader armor from anywhere else. Also the sound thing for vaders breathing and also the have force crush type mod. But I think it will be back up. Does anyone know his email address?

The Source
07-14-2006, 12:56 AM

sorry dudes i didnt know - bows head in shame... please dont force lightning my ass, i wont fail you again master!
Don't worry man. It is a long story, and it actually takes place at PCGamemods.com. I think it is one of the reasons why Sergio got rid of the forums.

Yeah. LucasFiles.com has been adopted by Lucas Arts in a way. See my signature. I rather have my mods somewhere where it is safe. PCGAMEMODS.com allowed the user to edit their mod discriptions and such, but you felt like you had some type of comtrol. Even though you don't have that control with LucasFiles.com, you have the sense that your files are in good hands.

I don't know too much about that other site, hense I don't type the name of it, but I do know they have questionable tactics.

I bet you $100 that a spokes person is hidding in these forums, and he wil eventually leave a post trying to win over modders. lol...

Inyri
07-14-2006, 01:20 AM
I bet you $100 that a spokes person is hidding in these forums, and he wil eventually leave a post trying to win over modders.We don't do that, however we do tend to correct misconceptions. For instance:

I do know they have questionable tactics.Had*.

In the end, any FileFront "spokes person" on these forums are modders, just like you :). I registered here to learn and help, not to advertise anything. And I don't. Neither does Shem.

Darkkender
07-14-2006, 01:39 AM
For those who are looking for mods post a message here of what your looking for. I don't have all of the mods but I do have a pretty large collection on my HD. While I can't publically redistribute the mods they can be PM'ed to you if I have them. I will in the meantime do what I can to get in touch with the authors of the mods that I have in my collection to arrange to upload them to LucasFiles.

I have probably a vastly larger array of K1 mods than K2 but Even then the collection is pretty large. Most of the mods in my collection can be considered some of the higher grade mods.

Revnant
07-14-2006, 01:56 AM
Well basicly what I want for kotor 2 now is darth vaders armor, darth vader sound(the breathing thing), Vaders lightsaber and early force crush. Those are the ones I want.

Darkkender
07-14-2006, 02:24 AM
Please don't post your email per forum rules.

However it will help if you know what the name of the mod is and the authors name. I will PM download links when I upload them to a private server.

Republic Armory
07-14-2006, 02:30 AM
Do you have the Black Mandalorian Reskin(Kotor2) and the Blood Red Mandalorian reskin(Kotor)?

Darkkender
07-14-2006, 02:39 AM
Do you have the Black Mandalorian Reskin(Kotor2) and the Blood Red Mandalorian reskin(Kotor)?

I'll take a look, do you know the author by chance?

\/\/ Okay that will help me in finding the mod RA. \/\/

Republic Armory
07-14-2006, 02:55 AM
I think the blood red mandalorian reskin was done by Doom_Dealer but I don't know about the other one.

90SK
07-14-2006, 03:41 AM
PCGM has been a sinking ship since the community got severed, I think. As the largest collection of JA and KotOR mods on the internet, though, it would be an utter loss if it ceased to exist.

Being the admin of such a site, either Sergio knows about the problem and will fix it, or he doesn't care and will let the site die. He wouldnít have forgotten about it. I don't know him, but judging from his final interactions with the community, I'm guessing the latter scenario. :(

Inyri
07-14-2006, 03:45 AM
Judging from a conversation I had with Sergio shortly after he removed the forums and commenting, I'd tend to agree with you, which is indeed a shame. I've always believed more options makes for a more secure community, but unfortunately a lot of people don't take advantage of those options and host their mods on one site alone. As we can now see, that can be disastrous in this kind of situation, which is unfortunate since LucasFiles is just a hop, skip, and a jump away.

Major kudos to Darkkender, though, for trying to be so helpful :).

ImperatorCaesar
07-14-2006, 03:47 AM
Since I can't get it from PCGM.com, does someone have Sith Armada that they can email me?

I have deleted your email address post IC, please read our forum rules (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=127725), thanks. -RH

jedi7000nathan
07-14-2006, 04:03 AM
not on a disk that's is intact or around

bacara nate
07-14-2006, 07:15 AM
yeah i started a thread about this earlier on this morning but im also experiencing the problem cause im tryin to see the republic commando mod and it wont let me on, it didnt let me on yesterday either?

the thing is lucas files is great and all but it no where near as many mods as pcgamemods so if you wwant to save your files you might as well post them at lucasfiles.com

bacara nate, I have combined your double posts, if you have something to add please use the 'edit this' post feature. Also I am deleting your thread you made about PCGameMods in the Requests Forum, let's keep this to one thread. Thanks. -RH

Fiestainabox
07-14-2006, 10:37 AM
Well, I have released a few mods, all of them were hosted on PCGM, So its a big loss for me, But luckily, thanks to good old Filefront (The Official Site, Not The Kotor Version) I'll be hosting them on LucasFiles.

The only real reason I'll miss PCGM is that A lot of mods where they're that I Downloaded A lot.

ChAiNz.2da
07-14-2006, 10:53 AM
I'm under the impression most were removed by the new administration, but none of the current staff there can be entirely sure unless authors come forward with information, because the previous administration left them no information to go by. We've tried contacting a couple of people we're concerned don't know their mods are hosted there, but we've not had luck contacting those people yet to the best of my knowledge.
Hey Inyri!

Just the person I was hoping would make a show around here :)

I have been having long discussions about FileFront with Shem via PM's, and granted I was one of those past modders who were angered by the old crew over there.

Since then, I have gotten to know a few of you, and well, your name comes up alot (don't worry...in admiration, hehehe). I've told Shem that I'm willing to let bygones be bygones and I'm going to be uploading quite a few mods here shortly as soon as I can compile a list.

To the Holowan Modders, if you wish to adopt a wait-n-see approach with FileFront, then you can keep an eye out on my soon to be submissions. I'll be your "guinea pig", but I'm willing to give the the New & Improved crew over there a second chance. They're a great bunch when you give them a chance. Nothing like the old crew was... :D

Again, glad to see you around Inyri and I look forward to further communications with you guys and gals over at FF. Shem has my trust, and I'll be holding him to it.. as I'm sure (hopefully) he's holding me to mine... hehehe

* DOH! I scuk at spleling... :fist:

Char Ell
07-14-2006, 11:10 AM
^^^
Score one for the FileFront team. A ringing endorsement from one of LF's esteemed KotOR modders. :D

Sounds like the bells are indeed tolling for PCGM. :cry6:

RedHawke
07-14-2006, 11:42 AM
Well I just overhauled my webpage so I could put as many of my mods available for download as I could... I had to re-pack every mod with 7Zip instead of WinRar, saved a ton of space, but it will require people to have 7Zip to extract the files. I found and inserted a link in my pages to download 7Zip though. ;)

Thanks to ChAiNz hosting a couple of my mods I didn't have to do those, but I had to pull 4 of my KotOR I mods offline as I didn't have enough space.

I will likely be submitting most of my KotOR I mods to LucasFiles sometime soon, the ones I had to pull offline first, later on I might even try out FileFront myself.

Darkkender
07-14-2006, 11:52 AM
I'm going to compile a list of the mods that I have in my archives for everybody. It will be listed by modder, maybe by mod type as well. It will be a basic shopping list if you will. If people want to aide me once I post it in contacting the modders who appear there to advise them of our likely PCGM loss it would be apreciated.

ChAiNz.2da
07-14-2006, 12:04 PM
Thanks to ChAiNz hosting a couple of my mods I didn't have to do those, but I had to pull 4 of my KotOR I mods offline as I didn't have enough space.
Anytime man, and really, it's no trouble at all if you need a home for those other 4...

Realistically I know I can't host everyone's mods out there, but honestly I'm FAR away from ever reaching my potential bandwidth... I host media files (we're talking gigabytes) for my freelance editing/design clients so a mod is nothing compared to some of the doozies I have ;)

But yeah, that still doesn't keep me from distributing my mods to sites such as Lucasfiles, PCGM & soon to be FileFront... The more the merrier :D

@Darkkender I'll try to help out as much as I can bro. We gotta stick together if PCGM truly does go down ;) Just let me know the "what's & who's" when the time comes...

Vandrak
07-14-2006, 12:08 PM
I would like to remind everyone that below is a list of modders websites, so look there before asking darkkender or anyone else that way we can reduce the amount of posts, pm's, and everything because i'm sure as time goes on if pcgm doesn't come back almost everyone will be asking for mods :P

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143413

Pavlos
07-14-2006, 12:13 PM
This is grim news indeed...

Hopefully it won't happen but it certainly does seem so.

The Source
07-14-2006, 12:53 PM
What would be good is that you guys open up a thread here, which asks the question: 1) Who wants their mods over at FileFront removed? After you have a list of people, I would respect them and take them off. That way, you are showing us that File Front has changed policy. It will also win more people over.

Overall, I do like Shem . He has helped with one of my mods, which is no longer available because of pcgm.com. Yeah, I will send it over to give you guys a shot.

Since over a year has passed and new blood has been injected, I think it is possible for a trial run.

Could you drop some link information?

Mono_Giganto
07-14-2006, 01:57 PM
I'm going to compile a list of the mods that I have in my archives for everybody. It will be listed by modder, maybe by mod type as well. It will be a basic shopping list if you will. If people want to aide me once I post it in contacting the modders who appear there to advise them of our likely PCGM loss it would be apreciated.

That would be great, assuming you have anything from me.... Since I don't have access to my own mods. :p

Shem
07-14-2006, 02:15 PM
What would be good is that you guys open up a thread here, which asks the question: 1) Who wants their mods over at FileFront removed? After you have a list of people, I would respect them and take them off. That way, you are showing us that File Front has changed policy. It will also win more people over.I do know that some mods have been given permission to stay since it's mentioned in the comment section on those mods. But if there are mods that are still there and if any of the authors of those mods are still upset that they are still there, don't hesitate to let us know. I don't have the power yet to remove any mods that I didn't upload to the site yet myself after a review (I did get a recent promotion that has given me more powers), but Inyri Forge does since she's a Head Admin over all of FileFront's gaming sites. I'm very serious when I say this and if there are any out there that are following this thread, just let us know. Inyri will be watching and will probably be posting in this thread later today I would assume.

I also have been very hesitant on what I say in this thread about FileFront because the last thing I want to sound like is a telemarketer for FileFront, especially in this Forum. But at the same time, Iím getting the feeling people want me to actually say something, so I decided to break my silence.

In the three months that I have worked for the site, I have kept my mouth shut about it because again I don't want to sound like a telemarketer. I figured if people wanted to start uploading mods there, they'll come to me and also ask questions if they are interested. ChAiNz.2da is an example of that.

The only thing that comes closest to me ever marketing FileFront in any way is when I updated my mod links in the Taris Upper City Forum. I only did that because of PCGMís situation and I didnít want people looking through my mod release thread and be disappointed that they canít get access to the mod theyíre interested in.

Also, I will answer any questions or concerns you might have about mod uploading. If I canít answer a question, Iím sure Inyri Forge will have no trouble helping me out. If you want to ask me about uploading your mods, just send me a PM. I would feel more comfortable handling it that way and I would rather you come to me, rather than I come to you about uploading your mods.

I donít want to get my personal life involved, but if you do come send me a PM about mod uploading between July 21-July 31 (10 days), I will be out of town and wonít be able to help you during that time period. I just donít want people to send me a PM and wonder why Iím not getting back to them. Especially like if they sent one on July 22, and wonder why itís taking me so long to get back to them.

I also wonít send in links publicly, so if you want a link to something to find anything out, just send me a PM.

Jackel
07-14-2006, 02:24 PM
What would be good is that you guys open up a thread here, which asks the question: 1) Who wants their mods over at FileFront removed? After you have a list of people, I would respect them and take them off. That way, you are showing us that File Front has changed policy. It will also win more people over.
Someone from there did this a while back, few months at least and were pretty quick in taking down mods as far as I recall so most (if not all) that are up now should be ones put there but their modders.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Its kinda sad to see pcgamemods.com go but I thankfully have a back up of all my mods for K1 (that I actually released). I nearly didn't. Built a new comp and the drive with the mods on it decided to corrupt itself completely. Thankfully I was able to get all the files off it. I might make them in to one package, upgrade them a bit and make them compatible with stoffes patcher so they are more compatible with other mods.

Revnant
07-14-2006, 02:30 PM
I'll try to help you out to. Also you guys could just make a website of your own to put all your mods in. Although I dont think some one would a highly popular website to go down or atleast I hope. Also where will it be? In here or different thread?

mjpb3
07-14-2006, 03:09 PM
I had to re-pack every mod with 7Zip instead of WinRar, saved a ton of space, but it will require people to have 7Zip to extract the files.
RedHawke, just thought you'd like to know that Winrar unpacks 7zip files. I've used it on kristykistic's 7zip files and it works fine for me. ;)

Vandrak
07-14-2006, 03:47 PM
I'll try to help you out to. Also you guys could just make a website of your own to put all your mods in. Although I dont think some one would a highly popular website to go down or atleast I hope. Also where will it be? In here or different thread?

Making a website is not just that simple, free webspace wont hold many mods at all, and webspace can be pretty expensive. But don't worry if it is confirmed pcgm is down you'll find out about it ;)

Jeff
07-14-2006, 03:49 PM
I'm going to be uploading all my mods to kotorfiles now that PCGM is down and there is a whole new staff over there. I think they've changed their ways :)

mjpb3
07-14-2006, 03:50 PM
... and webspace can be pretty expensive.
Not necessarily. I started my own site and I only pay 9.95 (US) a month. And I've got TONS of space :thumbsup:

Joris1
07-14-2006, 03:58 PM
Puh, Its good that I downloaded the best mods some month ago! But I hope Sergio will fx all problems now!

Inyri
07-14-2006, 03:59 PM
Not necessarily. I started my own site and I only pay 9.95 (US) a month. And I've got TONS of space Well for some people $9.95 is expensive, especially for younger authors who either don't have a job, don't have a credit card, or both. I think many of the established authors here (and I'd guess you yourself) are a bit more self-sufficient financially than your average game modder :).

Again, glad to see you around Inryi and I look forward to further communications with you guys and gals over at FF. Shem has my trust, and I'll be holding him to it.. as I'm sure (hopefully) he's holding me to mine... heheheI'm sure you won't regret placing your trust in Shem. In the time I've known him, rather short as it may be, he's really proven to be a great modder, a great guy, and a responsible member of our team.

Oh yes, and the Y comes before the R ;).

DOH! :o ~ ChAiNz.2da

Shem
07-14-2006, 04:01 PM
I'm going to be uploading all my mods to kotorfiles now that PCGM is down and there is a whole new staff over there. I think they've changed their ways :)I just reviewed the two mods you sent in over there today and uploaded them for ya! :D

mjpb3
07-14-2006, 04:07 PM
Well for some people $9.95 is expensive, especially for younger authors who either don't have a job, don't have a credit card, or both. I think many of the established authors here (and I'd guess you yourself) are a bit more self-sufficient financially than your average game modder :).
True true... but it wouldn't hurt for folks who CAN afford it to look into maybe getting their own site and not having to rely on an "outside" modding site for their mod hosting.

Plus, you can control how they are presented... etc... ;)

Vandrak
07-14-2006, 04:24 PM
Not necessarily. I started my own site and I only pay 9.95 (US) a month. And I've got TONS of space :thumbsup:

About a year ago I had a website with about 5 gig of storage, and although I can't remember the exact price it was pretty expensive.

The best deal I have seen was up to 10 gig for free as long as you had a certain amount of hits and were willing to display 1 ad, anyway if anybody is wanting to start a site, pm me and Iíll try to find it.

Inyri
07-14-2006, 05:18 PM
True true... but it wouldn't hurt for folks who CAN afford it to look into maybe getting their own site and not having to rely on an "outside" modding site for their mod hosting.

Plus, you can control how they are presented... etc... ;)I know exactly what you mean. I'd love to host my mods myself, but I'm far too lazy (coding HTML gives me a headache) and poor to buy webspace. I do like having my mods hosted on at least two services, although right now I don't because the last thing I submitted to LucasFiles still hasn't been put up, but I don't care enough about it to look into it further as I've still got a hard copy. I just think it's safer to be hosted in at least two places. That way you're prepared for anything... such as PCGM dying like this :p.

I should really heed my own advice though I think.

DOH! ~ ChAiNz.2daThank you dear ;)

Darkkender
07-14-2006, 05:33 PM
About a year ago I had a website with about 5 gig of storage, and although I can't remember the exact price it was pretty expensive.

The best deal I have seen was up to 10 gig for free as long as you had a certain amount of hits and were willing to display 1 ad, anyway if anybody is wanting to start a site, pm me and Iíll try to find it.

I found a online file storage location yesterday that provides 25GB free as there baseline. You can download up to 100MB a month. The site is called StreamLoad. I'm certain I can pretty well upload everything into a repository there and then send PM links as needed.

Vandrak
07-14-2006, 06:31 PM
I found a online file storage location yesterday that provides 25GB free as there baseline. You can download up to 100MB a month. The site is called StreamLoad. I'm certain I can pretty well upload everything into a repository there and then send PM links as needed.

That is quite a bit of space although every free hosts has draw backs like the 100 MB download limit.

BTW, I just did a search and found that hosting site -http://www.hostingzero.com

hopefully pcgm will come back up but just in case at least we have other options beside lucasfiles and Kotormods

Mario1
07-14-2006, 07:21 PM
Oh great now where am I going to download the mods I need?! I was just about to download some mods and It got down! :cry8:

I hope they fix it with ALL of the old mods.

Revnant
07-14-2006, 08:59 PM
When I just went to the page not long ago it said that is was like under going some maintenence(I think thats what it said. Then when I clicked on it again I got what it said before. So I think its being updated or just needs to work something out like trying to get a virus out or something like that.

Vandrak
07-14-2006, 09:50 PM
When I just went to the page not long ago it said that is was like under going some maintenence(I think thats what it said. Then when I clicked on it again I got what it said before. So I think its being updated or just needs to work something out like trying to get a virus out or something like that.

Hmm, I am not getting that, I am getting the same errors as before.

Revnant
07-14-2006, 10:32 PM
I said just once and i'll still getting the same one now as everyone else.

ChAiNz.2da
07-14-2006, 10:48 PM
I would like to remind everyone that below is a list of modders websites, so look there before asking darkkender or anyone else that way we can reduce the amount of posts, pm's, and everything because i'm sure as time goes on if pcgm doesn't come back almost everyone will be asking for mods :P

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143413
^^^
QFE

For those of you who are worried over mod availability, check the link quoted above.

Yeah we realize it's not a perfect fix, but I'd say most of the mods you're looking for will be located at the other public sites or the modder's personal sites.

Granted it's not all bundled up in one site and a little legwork might be involved, but since none of us know "for sure" PCGM is going the way of the Do-Do.. it's best we all start preparing for a worse case scenario.

As always, the Holowan Modders (especially Darkkender) has offered their services to help locate particular mods you may be searching for, however everyone must realize that in no way is LFnet associated with PCGM and it's not really something we're responsible for ;) (so please don't kill Darkkender's or other user's PM box... hehehe)...

I would ask though in the meantime that if you ARE looking for a particular mod and haven't had any luck locating it (them).. please make your request in the Modding Request Forum so that we can keep track of everything and that it doesn't get lost in this thread.

Thanks gang, and remember, we're all in the same boat so the more we can pool our resources... the better we're going to 'survive' this pseudo-emergency.. hehehe

Modding (and Mods) Request Forum:
http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=635

===============================

If you are a modder, have a personal site... and it's not located in the quoted link... please let one of the moderators know so that we can add it ;)

Shem
07-15-2006, 12:21 AM
I will say this, no matter what any of you fellow modders out there decide, just decide a place to host your mods. Either it be FileFront, or LucasFiles (or whatever else is availible) if you don't have the web space. It really doesn't matter in the long run where you choose to do it, as long as you choose a place to help those who are looking for mods to enhance their game and get a new excitement about playing these wonderful games. We as a modding community are the reason why these games are having a lasting itch to play.

RedHawke
07-15-2006, 01:39 AM
Anytime man, and really, it's no trouble at all if you need a home for those other 4...
Incoming PM alert! :D

RedHawke, just thought you'd like to know that Winrar unpacks 7zip files. I've used it on kristykistic's 7zip files and it works fine for me. ;)
What version of WinRAR do you have?

Mine won't unpack 7Zip files... but that's good to know.

ChAiNz.2da
07-15-2006, 01:53 AM
Incoming PM alert! :D ~ whooosh ~ *boink* hehehe...
What version of WinRAR do you have?

Mine won't unpack 7Zip files... but that's good to know.
I think versions from 3.3 (or .4) does... I currently have 3.51 which will unpack them (won't create 7-zip however)

mjpb3
07-15-2006, 01:54 AM
^^^ Yup, what Chainz wrote. I have version 3.50 and it unpacks 7zip fine, but again, Winrar won't make them ;)

jonathan7
07-15-2006, 01:58 AM
With regards unzipping files, ive got a great german written bit of software which will unpack pretty much anything (at least ive not come across any file type it cant unzip) it was on a 30 day trial.... when i downloaded it last year ;) it still works tho! so if anyone wants me to send them the installation files for it, im sure i can find its installer rattling around on my harddrive somewhere!

RedHawke
07-15-2006, 03:03 AM
I think versions from 3.3 (or .4) does... I currently have 3.51 which will unpack them (won't create 7-zip however)
That would explain it then, I have 3.2.

ABCIMe123
07-15-2006, 03:04 AM

Proof?

Revnant
07-15-2006, 03:31 AM
Sorry to say I cant since it wont appear again but believe what you want it doesnt matter to me. I also found a blog from the owner that my explain a few things. PM me with you would like a link.

Edit:Now I dont think that its from the owner. Does anyone know the owners email so I can ask him?

ChAiNz.2da
07-15-2006, 03:37 AM
That would be great, assuming you have anything from me.... Since I don't have access to my own mods. :p
Well I know I have your Upgrading DL44 mod, your "Gun Models/All Guns" Mod for both TSL & KotOR & the Onderon Museum :)

Can you think of any others? I'm sifting through several hundred mods in my archives and those are the ones I know are definitely yours.. but looking at filenames is like decoding heiroglyphs :xp:

T7nowhere
07-15-2006, 04:17 AM
I have Sergio's MSN address if anyone wants to try contacting him. I don't know whether he still uses it, though.

I have it too(plus half a dozen email addies and even what one site says is his phone number), I even saw him online once about 4 months ago But I didn't get a responce to my IM's.

I'm not at all optimistic about the site returning

It's generous of you to do that DK, but if there is an email included with a mod that you have archived it's best to contact the author and let them decide what to do about it. Just remember it is not your responsibilty to locate the mods or to send them out to people.

I'm sifting through several hundred mods in my archives and those are the ones I know are definitely yours.. but looking at filenames is like decoding heiroglyphs :xp:

Heh, That's so true, thats why if your an organization freak like me you make new folders for the mod in the authors name and keep them all isolated. unfortunately for me though, I haven't really dl'd anyones mods for about a year.

;) To save myself time for reinstalls I have my K1 & K2 Override folders backed up on a dvd-rw.

Who know's though PCGM might be back up, But don't hold your breath. ;)

I won't be uploading my mods to Kotorfiles anytime soon, but that has nothing to do with the new managment of the site, I was also thinking of putting my files up on Lucasfiles , but at this time I just don't have the inclination to do so at this time. However my personal site will also be shut down At the end of the month, so I will probably upload them to both of those sites in a couple months(once the waters are smooth agian).

I wouldn't worry about my files on Kotorfiles anymore, just for the simple fact that the managment would be crazy to try anything as shifty as the original management :jester1:

Darkkender
07-15-2006, 02:38 PM
Well I know I have your Upgrading DL44 mod, your "Gun Models/All Guns" Mod for both TSL & KotOR & the Onderon Museum :)

Can you think of any others? I'm sifting through several hundred mods in my archives and those are the ones I know are definitely yours.. but looking at filenames is like decoding heiroglyphs :xp:

Well if your looking at Mono's archives you'll never know there his. He never includes a readme and never provides a descriptive name to say what the archive contains. :p I learned this long ago. This is why when I started to download mods again a while back after losing my HD and rebuilding my database I created a folder for every modder who's mods I downloaded. That way I have some semblance of organization. That and I've backed 85% of them up to DVD. the other 15% are newer repositories.

It's generous of you to do that DK, but if there is an email included with a mod that you have archived it's best to contact the author and let them decide what to do about it. Just remember it is not your responsibilty to locate the mods or to send them out to people.

I have no intention of publically releasing these mods. I'm using the same method others have always used that has been accepted in the past. If a modder's mods aren't available because a site has gone down in the past many of the veterans of the community have uploaded privately to there own sites and sent PM links for downloads. However I was collecting the emails out of readme's for mods that were at PCGM to send out an anouncement to those modders who's mods are there but are not active in the community anymore. I am also cross referencing the mods to see if they have alternate download sites.

When I complete my listing of mods I will post it in HTML format from my website that will either direct a person to contact the mods author, post a mod request, or download from there alternate download locations.

I would like to make a correction to something I stated in an earlier post. That is that I have a far greater number of K2 mods than K1 mods. So for those looking for K1 mods you likely should begin scouring the alternate locations for downloads such as directly from modders sites.

Mono_Giganto
07-15-2006, 02:52 PM
Well if your looking at Mono's archives you'll never know there his. He never includes a readme and never provides a descriptive name to say what the archive contains. :p I learned this long ago. This is why when I started to download mods again a while back after losing my HD and rebuilding my database I created a folder for every modder who's mods I downloaded. That way I have some semblance of organization. That and I've backed 85% of them up to DVD. the other 15% are newer repositories.

Well, that's because I only ever uploaded my mods to Pcgamemods, and I placed all of that information into the mod description. I never really bothered adding it to the archive, because 9 out of 10 people wouldn't read it anyway. Should I reacquire my own archives at some point, and choose to reupload them somewhere, I may add the information back in, now that my Pcgamemods descriptions are gone.

ArŠtoeldar
07-15-2006, 06:19 PM
This sucks but fortunately I have all of my must have mods backed up on one of my HHDs.

Does anyone have kristykistic's Gmax Helper?

Darkkender
07-15-2006, 07:21 PM
This sucks but fortunately I have all of my must have mods backed up on one of my HHDs.

Does anyone have kristykistic's Gmax Helper?

Yeah I have it around.

sagittae
07-15-2006, 07:43 PM
I was looking to download the "Carth Romance Fix" as well as the start-up PC "Aayla Secura" mods. Does anyone know where I can find these outside of PCGM?

Revnant
07-15-2006, 07:49 PM
I had my friend over that knows alot about computers. He said its probly in the code for the website. Like he typed in something that we didnt mean to or erased something he didnt mean to. I take is word for it. So hopefully sergoi will fix it so we can get on it.

Darkkender
07-15-2006, 07:53 PM
I had my friend over that knows alot about computers. He said its probly in the code for the website. Like he typed in something that we didnt mean to or erased something he didnt mean to. I take is word for it. So hopefully sergoi will fix it so we can get on it.

As I mentioned before this is a standard error when a server goes down within php. Now most companies will post a sorry this site is no longer active page after going down. This unfortunately looks like they disconnected PCGM though.

bacara nate
07-16-2006, 05:41 PM
i like that guys idea about making a list of all the mods people want kept/moved and i think once we have made a list , the people who own the mods could stick them on lucasfiles
wot do you think?
ill make a thread to start off the list if you think i should
so just say yes or no ?

Revnant
07-16-2006, 05:50 PM
Yeah also ask them if they dont mind to put it on other websites or give to people that wont them.

90SK
07-16-2006, 07:24 PM
Does anyone still have the "RGB Short Robes" pack, by rgb? These (http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:bCIuXT1w0IAJ:pcgamemods.com/mod/12805.html+RGB+short+robes&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1&client=firefox-a).

I've been meaning to download them for a while, but now it's not possible.

Jackel
07-16-2006, 07:34 PM
Does anyone still have the "RGB Short Robes" pack, by rgb? These (http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:bCIuXT1w0IAJ:pcgamemods.com/mod/12805.html+RGB+short+robes&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1&client=firefox-a).

I've been meaning to download them for a while, but now it's not possible.
As it clearly states in the description you linked to, it can also be downloaded from RGB's website. Which he linked to at the end of the description. ie http://geocities.com/rgb_kotormods/short.htm <--- There.

90SK
07-16-2006, 07:38 PM
That's...new. :headbump

Thanks Jackel.

Ael Wolfstrike
07-16-2006, 08:39 PM
I'm looking for RedHawke's Revan/Sith/Bastila Item Pack mod. There's a copy on his website but the installer, despite the name, installs the Canderous As Dark Jedi mod instead, and since PCGameMods is the only other place the file was at, I can't get it. Does anyone have this mod?

RedHawke
07-17-2006, 01:31 AM
I'm looking for RedHawke's Revan/Sith/Bastila Item Pack mod. There's a copy on his website but the installer, despite the name, installs the Canderous As Dark Jedi mod instead, and since PCGameMods is the only other place the file was at, I can't get it. Does anyone have this mod?
:eyeraise: I just double checked it and it downloads the correct 7Zip Archive with the proper contents.

Ael Wolfstrike
07-17-2006, 02:02 AM
:eyeraise: I just double checked it and it downloads the correct 7Zip Archive with the proper contents.

That's weird. I just tried again...If I save it to my harddrive and run it from there, it doesn't work. If I open it directly off the site, it works fine. o.O

Thanks, I think I've got it now, but that's just odd.

ABCIMe123
07-17-2006, 03:19 PM
I think figured out how to download stuff from pcgamemods. You have to type http://ds1.pcgamemods.com/core/(number)/(filename).zip into your address bar with the number of your mod and the filename and press enter. You can probably find the number and filename of the mod you're looking for on google or yahoo.

EnderWiggin
07-17-2006, 03:48 PM
I think figured out how to download stuff from pcgamemods. You have to type http://ds1.pcgamemods.com/core/(number)/(filename).zip into your address bar with the number of your mod and the filename and press enter. You can probably find the number and filename of the mod you're looking for on google or yahoo.

IT WORKS! WOAH!

You, my friend, will be remembered. I can't believe that this works!

And combined with Google's Cache-ing to find mod filenames and numbers, we have just accessed the entire mod database again!

YAY!

_EW_

Darkkender
07-17-2006, 04:54 PM

The problem still comes from not knowing the name of the zip file or it's number entry for most people.

For example, Mono Giganto may post a mod titled Mono's big Gun mod for TSL. However the archive is mymod.zip. This sounds outlandish however Mono -some modders have done this in the past.

Edited to sound less like a bash -- Once Again my apologies my friend.

Mono_Giganto
07-17-2006, 06:22 PM
The problem still comes from not knowing the name of the zip file or it's number entry for most people.

For example, Mono Giganto may post a mod titled Mono's big Gun mod for TSL. However the archive is mymod.zip. This sounds outlandish however Mono is known for doing this.

You know, if I'm 'known' for doing this, it's only because of the frequency with which you feel the need to inform everyone... At a certain point, it stops serving a purpose, and seems to be nothing more than an attempt at a bash. EW seems to have done alright finding filenames using Google's cache, as he stated in the post right above yours... So I'm at a loss for what other purpose your comment could serve, especially when you already made the same point in this thread.

After a while, it gets tiresome.

ChAinZ, if you could send them, that'd be great. PM a link or hop on YIM, whichever you prefer. Thanks. :)

EnderWiggin
07-17-2006, 08:04 PM
EW seems to have done alright finding filenames using Google's cache, as he stated in the post right above yours...

Yeah, even by searching PCGameMods then the [MODNUMBER] and then either [.ZIP or .RAR] in Google returns the archive name... the and the ModNumber is found in all of the release links at the end of the URL.

_EW_

RedHawke
07-18-2006, 01:58 AM
You know, if I'm 'known' for doing this, it's only because of the frequency with which you feel the need to inform everyone... At a certain point, it stops serving a purpose, and seems to be nothing more than an attempt at a bash. (Snip) So I'm at a loss for what other purpose your comment could serve, especially when you already made the same point in this thread.

After a while, it gets tiresome.
I agree Mono... I wouldn't like it either.

Darkkender, cut it out. Calling someone on something they did once is alright, but if you repeat it over and over it can become annoying to the other person. Like now. Ok?

Darkkender
07-18-2006, 03:13 AM
I agree Mono... I wouldn't like it either.

Darkkender, cut it out. Calling someone on something they did once is alright, but if you repeat it over and over it can become annoying to the other person. Like now. Ok?

I apologize. I wasn't trying to bash Mono or any other modder. I was trying to think of an example of the possible difficulties and that was the first to come to mind.

So to Mono my apologies for the unintentional insult and bash.

bacara nate
07-18-2006, 07:18 AM
some of the mods i think should be kept and placed onto lucas files are as follows
new mandelorian-shem
kotOR items pack- darth insidious
RHTemplar mod(crimson sith templar items)- redhawk
holowan plugin2.0 -....... i forgot
kotor mod manager obviously- i forgot
holowan emporium-Andargor

if you want any mods to be saved from pcgamemods please list them here and the creators may put them onto lucasfiles

Merged with existing PCGameMods thread please do not create anymore threads on this topic. Thanks. FYI, all my mods are available without the need for PCGameMods.com. ;) -RH

ChAiNz.2da
07-18-2006, 07:58 AM
some of the mods i think should be kept and placed onto lucas files are as follows
new mandelorian-shem
kotOR items pack- darth insidious
RHTemplar mod(crimson sith templar items)- redhawk
holowan plugin2.0 -....... i forgot
kotor mod manager obviously- i forgot
holowan emporium-Andargor

Like RH stated, his mods are always readily available ;)

http://www.citlink.net/~redhawke/

Shem's New Mandalorian - <-- Direct Download Link
http://ds1.pcgamemods.com/core/7825/NewMandalorian.zip

Darkkender's Holowan Plugin (TSL) -
http://www.jumpstationz.com/Darkkender/HolowanPlugin.htm

T7nowhere's Holowan Plug-In 2.0 (KotOR) - <-- Direct Download Link
http://ds1.pcgamemods.com/core/5609/Holowan_Plug-in2.zip

^^^
Don't forget the patch for it located on T7's Site:
http://members.shaw.ca/t7nowhere/KotOR.htm

KotOR Mod Manager -
http://home.comcast.net/~cchargin/kotor/index.html

Holowan Emporium -
http://www.andargor.com/

The only mod I can't find in Google's cached pages are Darth Insidious' item pack for KotOR :giveup:

RedHawke
07-18-2006, 08:08 AM
Mandalorian Assault Armor (Shem) (http://ds1.pcgamemods.com/core/7825/NewMandalorian.zip)
Crimson Sith Templar Items (By Me) (http://www.citlink.net/~redhawke/) as always is available on my webpage.
KotOR Holowan Plugin 2 (T7nowhere) (http://ds1.pcgamemods.com/core/5609/Holowan_Plug-in2.zip)
KotOR Mod Manager (Cchargin) (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php) Is always available on SWK Webpage... silly. :roleyess:
Holowan Emporium (Andargor) (http://www.andargor.com/) as always is available on his site.

The only iffy one is DI's mod... but I found it's number, we just need him to reveal the name of his Zip file for the link to be complete.
KotOR Items Pack (Darth InSidious) (http://ds1.pcgamemods.com/core/13938/Unknown.zip)

Edit: Drat! ChAiNz beat me! Curse my slow fingers! :fist:

Mario1
07-18-2006, 09:36 AM
Can you give me the link to Avol's Darth Vader?

Shem
07-18-2006, 10:11 AM
How about the link to the fixed Darth Revan's model so the Force Powers come out by the hand instead of the feet by Kristy Kistic for K2. I've been always meaning to do that. I always get reminded to download it when I fight Revan in the Korriban Cave Tomb, but then later forget to get around to it. I do have it for K1 though. :D

ChAiNz.2da
07-18-2006, 10:39 AM
Hey Gang, let's put all the Mod Requests (even links for them) in the Modding Requests Forum (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=635) so we can keep track of them :)

We could split this thread to add them, but then it doesn't give re-direct links.. and we don't want you to think we're deleting them ;) It'd be best to just re-copy your posts to the other forum...

Descriptive titles please (such as "pcgamemods direct mod link request") or something of that nature. That should help everyone quickly identify what posts are 'mod requests' as opposed to 'links to existing mods' :D

Shem
07-18-2006, 10:56 AM
Hey Gang, let's put all the Mod Requests (even links for them) in the Modding Requests Forum (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=635) so we can keep track of them :)I started a thread for anybody to post link requests just now since I was looking for one.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2129359#post2129359

:D

ChAiNz.2da
07-18-2006, 11:11 AM
I started a thread for anybody to post link requests just now since I was looking for one.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2129359#post2129359

:D
I sticki-fied it so we can keep all requests in one place for now until PCGM gets straightened out.. OR.. I (or someone) gets the itch to somehow organize that sucker :eek:

Oh yeah.. I edited my post (if you already read it) to include your mod link Shem :)

Vandrak
07-18-2006, 01:15 PM
This is great, even if it is not a simple as just going to the site, we still have access. YAY

rgdelta
07-18-2006, 05:16 PM
Sergio might continue the site I just checked and the domain name now has experation date of july 15th 2007 (database updated on July 16th 2006) so that is good news so far.

Pavlos
07-18-2006, 05:27 PM
Sergio might continue the site I just checked and the domain name now has experation date of july 15th 2007 (database updated on July 16th 2006) so that is good news so far.

Wow... I hope you are right. This is even better than still being able to access the files. *Claps*

The Source
07-18-2006, 06:56 PM
Here is a potential lead to what may have occured:

PCGAMEMODS is not gone as I know what happened. The Administrator of "RPG Nova" accidentally crashed the Server. How, I do not know. We were looking into a Map for a Faction of JKA Actors for our RPG, and apparently the Server had become overloaded, thus displaying a long string of MySQL errors and then crashing. http://forums.filefront.com/showthread.php?t=264879

Inyri
07-18-2006, 07:05 PM
I don't know if I'd trust the word of a random 3-poster who has no proof. It could be true, but then again it could be the random sputterings of an insane axe murderer for all we know! ;)

The Source
07-18-2006, 07:10 PM
I don't know if I'd trust the word of a random 3-poster who has no proof. It could be true, but then again it could be the random sputterings of an insane axe murderer for all we know! ;)
I didn't notice he only had 3 posts. Lol... I did check out the site he mentions, and it does look like there is a server problem. However, there is no direct evidence of a connection between both sites.

Jackel
07-18-2006, 07:31 PM
http://forums.filefront.com/showthread.php?t=264879
I did find it funny how one of the posters made this comment:

Good ridence to them, the stupid mod stealers.

Especially after the whole kotorfiles stealng stuff fiasco. Just found it really funny. No offense to the current mods at kotorfiles of course (Inyri and Shem et all)

Riku
07-18-2006, 10:00 PM
SWEET!!!!pcgamemods is back up!

EnderWiggin
07-18-2006, 10:08 PM
SWEET!!!!pcgamemods is back up!
Cool.

I had just lost hope.

Thank goodness we were proven wrong.

_EW_

Revnant
07-18-2006, 10:13 PM
It is I just whent there.

90SK
07-18-2006, 11:05 PM
Why, it is indeed. :D

What a relief! This bodes well for future upkeep of the site, at the least.

Inyri
07-18-2006, 11:15 PM
I did find it funny how one of the posters made this comment:
Good ridence to them, the stupid mod stealers.Especially after the whole kotorfiles stealng stuff fiasco. Just found it really funny. No offense to the current mods at kotorfiles of course (Inyri and Shem et all)You're taking that particular quote out of context ;). It has to do with individual submitters to PCGM taking material another author made and claiming ownership of it, and nothing to do with the PCGM administration (other than the fact that they don't regulate it).

Claiming KotORFiles stole things is kind of inaccurate anyway, since all authors got credit for their work. They just... borrowed without permission, which is sure to never happen again ;). And they do a good job now of making sure all work is either an author's own work, or properly credited, which I think is one weak point of the PCGM network. I suppose that's a benefit of having each file be required to at least be looked at by a staff member. It's always something I wished PCGM would do, even when I still submitted work there.

I am glad to hear that it's back up, though.

Ganden
07-19-2006, 12:00 AM
finally!

i know its been posted in the, "can't access pcgamemods.com" thread, but i thought i'd start a new one for it being back up again.

Let's not start anymore threads on this ok? Keep it to the one thread. Thanks. -RH

Shem
07-19-2006, 12:12 AM
Great to see PCGM back up again. I just tested it to see if it accepts new mods. It does! :D

So for those who want to post new mods up there, go for it! :D

I can't wait to start doing that again! :D

ABCIMe123
07-19-2006, 12:40 AM
Well that goes to show you. You should never loose faith even when the odds are impossible. *cough* *cough*

Darkkender
07-19-2006, 01:37 AM
Well I say we all go and backup every K1 & K2 mods at pcgamemods. that way if something like this happens again we're prepared as a community.

Inyri
07-19-2006, 01:56 AM
Which of you is storing all those mods? ;) Break out the second hard drive!

RedHawke
07-19-2006, 02:30 AM
As www.PCGameMods.com seems to have recovered from its haiatus... and the panic is over.

This thread is now closed. ;)

ChAiNz.2da
07-19-2006, 07:03 AM
Well I say we all go and backup every K1 & K2 mods at pcgamemods. that way if something like this happens again we're prepared as a community.
Sorry for bumping a locked thread, but in response to this..

I'd like to take the opportunity to mention that we have taken steps to a renewed relationship with KotorFiles/FileFront (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/)

I would really urge everyone to let bygones be bygones and put the past behind us. I've had my mods over there for about a week now and the community over there has accepted my mods with higher enthusiasm than I had expected.

No one there has held a grudge against me (being from Holowan) and seem to really enjoy the influx of new mods. Give them a try or if you're still in doubt, just browse a few of the comments left recently on my mods. The gang over there are really good ppl and don't deserve the bad baggage they "inherited" by the old crew. They can't really show you that they have changed if we don't give them a chance to do so :)
Another added bonus is that ppl can leave comments on your mods.. something PCGM got rid of, and LucasFiles currently lacks at the moment.. ;)

Rather than horde our mods for security sake.. I think if we mirror our mods over at both FileFront (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/) and LucasFiles (http://www.lucasfiles.com/)... something like the PCGM 'meltdown' shouldn't be a problem in the future..

Granted this wouldn't be effective for the older mods whose authors we can no longer contact (aka "horde" away.. hehehe), but for our current modders... these are 2 options I would highly suggest you take advantage of....

Thanks all :)

RedHawke
07-20-2006, 03:18 AM
To keep things in one thread as PCGameMods is back offline for now I am re-opening this thread.

Note that any other threads about PCGameMods issues will be merged with this thread or deleted.

Thanks.

Mono_Giganto
07-20-2006, 03:24 AM
I would really urge everyone to let bygones be bygones and put the past behind us. I've had my mods over there for about a week now and the community over there has accepted my mods with higher enthusiasm than I had expected.

I agree. As you can already tell, I'm sending stuff as well. :)

Now I just have to wait for Pcgamemods to come back up so that I can get Shem some screens. :fist:

Inyri
07-20-2006, 03:35 AM
You could always take new ones :p.

We can also go through them and try to assist with that, as well. They all look pretty simple to get decent screenshots of... unless of course you want fancy renders ;). Looks like you're going to put me out of a job in the modelling arena, though!

Which is fine by me!

Mono_Giganto
07-20-2006, 03:39 AM
Heh. Well, I was going to just reimport them into Max and make some simple renders, it's just that all of my ingame shots are on Pcgamemods, and I don't have either game installed currently. Nor do I have the original images. (Hard Drive Crash.... Yeah.)

If Pcgamemods isn't back up tomorrow, I'll likely just settle for some Max renders and forget the ingame shots. I'll go ahead and make them though, I'm sure you guys have enough to do without making screenshots for me. :p

Nah.... There's an abundant supply of jobs. Everyone is free to download both your work and mine. :D

Inyri
07-20-2006, 03:41 AM
If you want to provide the renders, I'm sure we can manage to spend 10 minutes going and getting in-game screenshots ;). It's the least we can do, of course.

Shem
07-20-2006, 03:51 PM
I got all but the Revan's Mask mod up for, Mono_Giganto. If he can now get some pics to that mod, his submissions will be complete. :D

Mono_Giganto
07-20-2006, 04:12 PM
Heh, I couldn't find the ones I took for that.... But it should be an easy one to render. :)

woogiee
07-20-2006, 04:47 PM
PCGameMods is back up it seems and I was able to upload my Bastila mod there finally.

90SK
07-20-2006, 04:58 PM
What fun. It's like a roller coaster: Up, down, up, down, up. :rolleyes:

woogiee
07-20-2006, 05:01 PM
Well... it WAS back up, now its down again

Riku
07-20-2006, 05:27 PM
Well it's up....but for how long....

nvm it's down

Yaggles
07-20-2006, 10:52 PM
Well, that's because I only ever uploaded my mods to Pcgamemods, and I placed all of that information into the mod description. I never really bothered adding it to the archive, because 9 out of 10 people wouldn't read it anyway. Should I reacquire my own archives at some point, and choose to reupload them somewhere, I may add the information back in, now that my Pcgamemods descriptions are gone.
I must be that one person out of ten that does read the readme's! :p lol
Anyways, yeah it's down again. But there's KOTORFiles and LucasFiles still so no worries! :)

Darth333
07-20-2006, 11:00 PM
This discussion about pcgm's hiccups is becoming pointless. Just be patient.

In the meantime, you can use this thread if you're looking for a specific mod: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=167699

:lock: