PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Battlefront III - Supah Thread! [Retired]

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Darth Newfie
12-10-2006, 06:22 PM
I'd like to see Acecombat style fighter, interceptor, bomber control.
Damn, I LOVE that game! Take away that Alliance Assault Craft crap and give the rebels the "Tyderium" Lambda-Class shuttle seen in episode 6. The empire currently has the Theta-class shuttle that transported the wounded Vader from Mustafar to Coruscant after the battle with Obi-Wan, the DO NOT have the Episode 6 shuttle. They should also take away the AAC-1 on the ground and bring the combat landspeeder back from BF 1. I find it stupid that all the vehicles and maps in the Clone Wars era are from Episode 3 besides Geonosis and the Confederacy AAT. One last thing, whats up with the tank laser power. In Bf 1, all the tanks could shoot at enemies feet and they would fly away meaning you could not worry about your accuracy but in Bf 2 you HAVE to hit the enemies body, even with the AT-ST, can't belive they gave it a remote rocket launcher and particle cannon as its secondary fire, its pathetic. I hardly ever drive tanks, or speederbikes because they slide around too much.

Please Free Radical, FIX THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lordzack
12-10-2006, 07:47 PM
I think that maybe the Rebels should have the HTT from Empire at War as they're space transport (and ground transport for that matter). The Imperials shuld definetly get the Lambda-class. I want both the AAC-1 and the old speeder. And I want to be able to pick pirate, milita, ect. factions, like the Hapans, Black Sun, Wookie Army, ect. to play as. I want the Zann Consortium as well. I want special units to vary by map. You should be able to edit maps and map settings (you can choose what vehicles, special units,ect.).

jawathehutt
12-10-2006, 09:57 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing the cut version of the reb. tank that had to open air positions where you could sit on top of it and shoot with your normal gun, maybe put some on the other tanks for balance sake.

lordzack
12-12-2006, 09:42 AM
I'd like to see some Yutrane-Trackata vehicles in the game (T1-B, ect., seen in Force Commander and Empire at War). I think the Rebels should get the Flash/Gian speeders, primarily on Naboo, but they could be useful as "armored car" (or speeder) vehicles elsewhere as well.

Relenzo2
12-12-2006, 02:50 PM
Well some Jedi-fetishists want more in the game, some noobs want more heros as well. Sane people want better maps and balance vehicles, whatever.

That about sums it.

Oh yeah, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJUe2E7Ie8M&mode=related&search=

Watch that trailer. It IS Battlefront 3 as it will never, ever be.
Oh yeah, and I might just ask random questions, winner gets a no-cookie.

There's only about 6 times as much as that, you realize if you read the whole thing.

And Newf (is it ok if I call you Newf) you effectively summed up our tank crisis
Please Free Radical, FIx THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We should all make that our SIG.

Redtech
12-13-2006, 07:29 AM
You quoted me, but I have no idea why you have at all!..

Free Radical are doing the new BF? I remember their icon..something red while skipping though loading screens.

Personally, I want infantry balanced as much as vehicles and infantry balanced AGAINST vehicles. No man goes to war with only a crappy pistol, and no rocket soldier should take 5+ rockets to take out a vehicle! (Heavy walkers excluded).

Relenzo2
12-13-2006, 10:03 AM
Why did you post a Battlefeild 2142 trailer? Although it was pretty cool.

Redtech
12-13-2006, 11:29 AM
I would have thought it would have been obvious. BF2142 will be and probably is already FAR SUPERIOR to Battlefront 3. Notice how it combines land and air combat, has cool vehicles that don't dominate the landscape, manages to feature capital ships without resorting to useless and boring space levels.

Also, all the classes are balanced and have decent secondary weapons (heck, the infantry rushing the concrete pillars are the snipers!)

Also contains shields, walkers, VTOL transports, hover tanks, EMP weapons, attack drones and doesn't resort to noob-friendly Heros to create a battleground.

Also, the elite weapons are perma-unlocks that don't massively dominate the battle either, (the elite rocket launcher for example, is an anti-tank rifle, with no lock on feature OR an anti-air missile that sucks against armour).

Heck, people on the forums seem to like the balance of infantry classes, something that Battlefront II can not be argued for. I mean, it's Darth Maul>>all!

If the BFIII team just stole EVERY IDEA and made it Star Wars themed, it'd be a winner. But they'll probably just add that you can customise lightsabre colours and jedi powers, make it so you can accumulate EXP to be spent on new force powers and special abilities....oh yeah, and maybe there might be a gun in it if we're lucky!

The Jedi and heros DID NOT win either resepected war single-handedly. I actually prefered the BFI statement where 'the grunts win the battle' because they did. Look at Geonosis, the best Jedi got pimp-owned, look at Tantive IV, Vader did diddly squat! The Jedi and other heros are powerful, but lets have a decent game where we can put our "manhood extentions that glow in the dark" away and actually win a fight, a war!

lordzack
12-13-2006, 12:35 PM
Well said! Except that last part.

I'd like to see a vairety of vehicles. Walkers, armored speeders, hovertanks, tansports, ect. You should have a decent vairety of vehicles on most maps. You could have Tie Maulers and AT-PTs serving as heavy calvary, Juggernauts serving as armor and transportation, AT-STs serving as reconnaisance vehicles. LAATs and Lambdas could both be used by the Empire for different missions or different parts of one battle.

I do think space battles should be included, but they should be made more interesting. And capital ships should appear in atmospheres. Of course larger ones like the Imp Star would be too large, but having Victory-class vessels overhead, bombarding enemy installations, or Acclamators landing troops would be cool.

Relenzo2
12-13-2006, 12:51 PM
You may be right. It is starting to seem sometimes as if no way this game can be fixed unless it becomes battlefeild. But it can be fixed without becoming battlefeild. It can see it. The question is, do the people with the million doller a day programers slary see it?

Redtech
12-14-2006, 07:21 AM
Well said! Except that last part.

I'd like to see a vairety of vehicles. Walkers, armored speeders, hovertanks, tansports, ect. You should have a decent vairety of vehicles on most maps. You could have Tie Maulers and AT-PTs serving as heavy calvary, Juggernauts serving as armor and transportation, AT-STs serving as reconnaisance vehicles. LAATs and Lambdas could both be used by the Empire for different missions or different parts of one battle.

I do think space battles should be included, but they should be made more interesting. And capital ships should appear in atmospheres. Of course larger ones like the Imp Star would be too large, but having Victory-class vessels overhead, bombarding enemy installations, or Acclamators landing troops would be cool.
I just feel that since there must be a few part-timers working on BFront games, that creating a whole NEW kind of battle map which is aircraft dominated destracts from the main point of the game. Name me ONE game that manages to pull off space battles and land combat well, because I doubt Lucasarts and the guys making the game will pull it off.

Anyway, can't someone just ask for X-Wing vs Tie Fighter 2? I'd pay some top dollar for that game with modern graphics and gameplay!

I don't mind Cap ships in low orbit, heck 2142 manages it pretty well and makes a whole gametype devoted to blowing them up WITHOUT it being a race to get into a fighter.

As for vehicles, I like diverse vehicles, but I want them to be balanced against each other to some extent and possible to be killed by infantry, rather than removing the point of being the machine gun classes. That would be aided by interesting level design with cover, ambush points and diverse terrain. NOT NABOO PLAINS!

Oh yeah, and to aid my final argument. Tell me a battle where a Jedi single-handedly destroyed an entire army, besides Mace Windu in the clone wars cartoon? I want a battle where the grunts show that they are actually worth something, not just vehicles, not just Jedi. Personally I'd want vehicles and infantry to compliment each other so a real sense of teamwork is invoked, rather than 'Snipers,pilot in AT-AT that's it' combos.

Maybe I ask too much, but it's next-gen apparantly, let's be demanding! :king1:

Redtech
12-14-2006, 07:24 AM
You may be right. It is starting to seem sometimes as if no way this game can be fixed unless it becomes battlefeild. But it can be fixed without becoming battlefeild. It can see it. The question is, do the people with the million doller a day programers slary see it?
I have the feeling that 2142 is a hyped-up version of Battlefront. It sure looks like that on paper, anyway.

Shamefull really.

The way to make BFIII 'better' would probably to aim it slightly more towards 'hardcore' players, like Republic Commando, where the maturity of design comes into play, rather than the Lego Star Wars generation..if that makes any sense.

lordzack
12-14-2006, 12:21 PM
Yeah, I want the vehicles to be balanced, like anti-vehicle infantry being able to take down light vehicles in a resonable amount of time, vehicles being balanced againist each other, ect. I like Naboo Plains, though.

Darth Newfie
12-14-2006, 03:33 PM
There could be an attacker class starfighter. Their purpose is to shoot down bombers and transports because even with a multi-purpose, it takes a while to shoot one down, especially with a pilot inside.

OFF-TOPIC: Wouldn't it be cool if there was a Lord of the Rings game , battlefront style. That would be awesome. The four factions, Rohan VS Isengard and Mordor VS Gondor. The classes would be commander, swordsman, archer, shielded trooper, rider and a special class ( Example would be ringwraiths for Mordor and Uruk Berserkers for isengard, if you don't know what the berserkers are, they're the guys with the pickaxe type swords)
Vehicles would be horses, wargs, fell beasts and those eagles.

Speederbikes have gone from bad to worse with each passing star wars battlefront version. The PS2 demo of the first Battlefront had perfect speederbikes. They would make perfect turns, could stay in the air after zooming over a hill and had a cool first person view. Now in the complete version of Battlefront 1, the blaster cannon was wickedly powerful but you took damage way to fast and you had to stop at a repair droid every 30 seconds. Why did they remove those droids anyway, that was another mistake added to the 2-mile-long list of them. Now the bikes in BF 2 are the worst ever. They are slow, unpowerful and slide like a pice of plastic on ice.
They explode when crashing even at moderate speeds (basic speed) whereas in BF 1 they would take half damage. Whats up with the speed!? It takes like 1 minute to zoom halfway across the battlefield. I know about the boosting but thats suicidal on a place like Endor, which seems to be the only map with the bikes. Who wants to drive a speederbike at the speed of an AT-ST (which by the way are also slower than they were in BF 1) , not me. Apparently Pandemic didn't even look at the name, SPEEDER bike. The only good thing about the BF 2 bikes is that they could jump which I would welcome again in BF 3.

Relenzo2
12-14-2006, 05:36 PM
Ah. now that was well said. cept I'm not suure about the "attack fighter" at the beginning.

jawathehutt
12-14-2006, 10:53 PM
I think I like the speeder bikes in Dan Boengs speeder stunt maps, theyre super fast, invincible(that of course would need to be taked out but they do need more help, invincibility is required for the jumps you do on the map and best of all, they have a decent stamina
The LotR game would rock, I love LotR
as for the attacker thing, I think that would be a good space hero, like a ship that has like slow firing lasers so fighters and MP ships would be out of the question but it could easly take down transports and bombers

Relenzo2
12-15-2006, 11:06 AM
If you want to take out fighters and bombers, there already is a laser like that. Its called a turbo-laser. Heard of it? lol. and can you direct me to that map you were talking about

lordzack
12-15-2006, 12:44 PM
^ What are you talking about? A turbolaser is used to take out capital ships.

Relenzo2
12-15-2006, 02:18 PM
It is more designed for that, yes.

Darth Newfie
12-15-2006, 04:40 PM
Relenzo2, I never ever ever ever ever ever use capital ship turrets. They are crap. That is ANOTHER thing they need to fix in Battlefront 3. I was thinking about the attacker class and I changed my mind. Maybe a hero ship for space heros only that appears when they get so many points ( did I say that already? ). For example, each faction would get 2 space heros, a lightsaber based hero and a shooter based hero. The republic gets Odd Ball and Anakin. The Confederacy gets Grievous and Lushros Dofine. The Alliance gets Luke and Wedge Antillies. The Empire gets Vader and Tarkin.

I thought of another thing. For all the clone wars outer rim territories such as Mygeeto, Felucia, Kashyyyk and Saleucami, the republic could have 2 chances to be a hero. IF they get the set number off points they become the jedi general of that map. Yoda would be on Kashyyyk. But if the player dies as Yoda and they accumulate half the points it took them to become Yoda they get to play as the clone marshal commander, in this case its Commander Gree. On Utapau it would be Obi n' Cody. On Mygeeto it would be Ki-Adi-Mundi and Bacara.

Relenzo2
12-15-2006, 04:49 PM
At least, the heros should be less, well, simple. I mean not how to get them, but the heros themselves.

Darth Newfie
12-15-2006, 05:03 PM
What do you mean?

Offtopic: About the LOTR BF idea, it would be simple to make a BF type game for any series, Medal of Honor , Call of Duty, AceCombat, but LOTR would work best.

azimnj
12-20-2006, 08:59 PM
Well these are my ideas
1.First i agree with transports on land battles and carrying about 20 troops and i have something to add on.it should show you standing in the air transports(you can also shoot from there).when the ship is falling to the ground or an enemy is gonna fire a missile at your ship,just like the slicing warning it should say:alert plane is gonna crash,you can come to a blue box and press x(on playestation 2) and get a parachute.when you get it you should jump out of the plane and press x again to unleash the parachute,there is just one problem:what if you land near the separatists.well the answer is you can move your parachute while your gliding on it and you can land on a droid star ship thats leaving(would be only on geanosis level) shoot down a door for you get in and try to take it over.it must be crazy but i think it would be fun.

2. (i think someone else posted this but i did not have enough time to read the whole thread). i also think that when your in your own hangar you dont have to get on a ship toget to a cruiser.clones and droids can just come to a red box in their hangar and press x(on playstation 2) and get a jetpack(if your a droid because jet and dark troopers already have a jetpack)and fly to a cruiser(might have to stop on frigates because you dont have enough fuel to get to a cruiser)jedis can go to the red box and get a mask(just like jetpacks) and then glide in space to a cruiser(without fuel).then they can attack the cruiser take it over and continue the battle.it might also be crazy but i think swbf3 should have that.and i got the idea from star wars clone wars cartoon.

3.thirdly, i think that there should be more creatures:for example,there can be a reek in iridonia or ithor.and in the mon calamari level troopers have to shoot down all sea creatures that are carnivourous.and i think it should be surprising.for example:on mon calamari level clone troopers are standing on acclamator ships like in clone wars cartoon.they are also accompanied with jedi.but what the main idea is if clone troopers do not know where is the demon squid,suddenly a tentacle comes out of the water and grans a clone.if it tries to get a jedi it can slice its tentacle off.or if jedis are not careful, they can be grabbed by the demonsquid.what do you think of that?

4.fourthly i think that heroes should be more like in eu or the movies.for example:in battlefront 2 jango fett is with one gun,but in battlefront 3 he should have 2 blaster pistols.or grievous should have a gun as a secondary weapon.i think aayla secura should have just one lightsaber because mostly shes with one light saber.i might have more ideas which i would type another time.

azimnj
12-21-2006, 02:24 PM
Well these are my ideas
1.First i agree with transports on land battles and carrying about 20 troops and i have something to add on.it should show you standing in the air transports(you can also shoot from there).when the ship is falling to the ground or an enemy is gonna fire a missile at your ship,just like the slicing warning it should say:alert plane is gonna crash,you can come to a blue box and press x(on playestation 2) and get a parachute.when you get it you should jump out of the plane and press x again to unleash the parachute,there is just one problem:what if you land near the separatists.well the answer is you can move your parachute while your gliding on it and you can land on a droid star ship thats leaving(would be only on geanosis level) shoot down a door for you get in and try to take it over.it must be crazy but i think it would be fun.

2. (i think someone else posted this but i did not have enough time to read the whole thread). i also think that when your in your own hangar you dont have to get on a ship toget to a cruiser.clones and droids can just come to a red box in their hangar and press x(on playstation 2) and get a jetpack(if your a droid because jet and dark troopers already have a jetpack)and fly to a cruiser(might have to stop on frigates because you dont have enough fuel to get to a cruiser)jedis can go to the red box and get a mask(just like jetpacks) and then glide in space to a cruiser(without fuel).then they can attack the cruiser take it over and continue the battle.it might also be crazy but i think swbf3 should have that.and i got the idea from star wars clone wars cartoon.

3.thirdly, i think that there should be more creatures:for example,there can be a reek in iridonia or ithor.and in the mon calamari level troopers have to shoot down all sea creatures that are carnivourous.and i think it should be surprising.for example:on mon calamari level clone troopers are standing on acclamator ships like in clone wars cartoon.they are also accompanied with jedi.but what the main idea is if clone troopers do not know where is the demon squid,suddenly a tentacle comes out of the water and grabs a clone.if it tries to get a jedi it can slice its tentacle off.or if jedis are not careful, they can be grabbed by the demonsquid.what do you think of that?

4.fourthly i think that heroes should be more like in eu or the movies.for example:in battlefront 2 jango fett is with one gun,but in battlefront 3 he should have 2 blaster pistols.or grievous should have a blaster pistol as a secondary weapon.i think aayla secura should have just one lightsaber because mostly shes with one light saber.i might have more ideas which i would type another time.[/QUOTE]what do you think about that?

Darth Newfie
12-21-2006, 03:28 PM
1-You shouldn't go to a box and recieve a jetpack that easily, bad idea. that would make the dark troopers and jet troopers pointless.

2-A demon squid? Cutting off tentacles with a light-saber? That sounds so much like the LOTR The two Towers game ( battle with the watcher). In it, the watcher's head ( watcher is a big octopus thing ) is underwater and its tentacles are just floating on the surface. you wade out as far as possible in the lake. Some tentacles will rise up and try to whip you but you have to parry them. If you parry them, you go to it and chop it off. This makes the head come out of the water. You shoot it with arrows or throwing axes. Rinse and repeat until it dies.

A Word about heros.

- Jango Fett NEEDS 2 pistols, blasters, not slugthrowers.
- Boba Fett's rifle has to be different than the elite rifle.
- Boba Fett should have a wrist blaster and wrist cable.
- Padme' HAS to be a hero.
- Aayla should keep 2 sabers

Relenzo2
12-21-2006, 05:22 PM
Well these are my ideas

3.thirdly, i think that there should be more creatures:for example,there can be a reek in iridonia or ithor.and in the mon calamari level troopers have to shoot down all sea creatures that are carnivourous.and i think it should be surprising.for example:on mon calamari level clone troopers are standing on acclamator ships like in clone wars cartoon.they are also accompanied with jedi.but what the main idea is if clone troopers do not know where is the demon squid,suddenly a tentacle comes out of the water and grans a clone.if it tries to get a jedi it can slice its tentacle off.or if jedis are not careful, they can be grabbed by the demonsquid.what do you think of that?

4.fourthly i think that heroes should be more like in eu or the movies.for example:in battlefront 2 jango fett is with one gun,but in battlefront 3 he should have 2 blaster pistols.or grievous should have a gun as a secondary weapon.i think aayla secura should have just one lightsaber because mostly shes with one light saber.i might have more ideas which i would type another time.

Well these are my ideas

3.thirdly, i think that there should be more creatures: for example,there can be a reek in iridonia or ithor.and in the mon calamari level troopers have to shoot down all sea creatures that are carnivourous.and i think it should be surprising.for example:on mon calamari level clone troopers are standing on acclamator ships like in clone wars cartoon.they are also accompanied with jedi.but what the main idea is if clone troopers do not know where is the demon squid,suddenly a tentacle comes out of the water and grans a clone.if it tries to get a jedi it can slice its tentacle off.or if jedis are not careful, they can be grabbed by the demonsquid.what do you think of that?

Er........ riiiight.

azimnj
12-21-2006, 08:08 PM
sorry for double posting very much. i somehow didnt realize that happened

And darth newfie sorry for disagreeing with you
here are my reasons why

1.well it would be high up in the air a dark troopers jetpack fuel ends in like a second, so he can crash on the round you know.jet troopers jet pack ends also so he might get damaged but not die.and some soldiers might get on the gunship as well as you and then you have to spend the rest of your time in the gunship even though its crashing.

2.well you have to fight the demonsquid only in mon calamari planet,and the rest might be on land,so its not a very big problem.

3.i agree with you that jango fett needs 2 blaster pistols,and im not sure if aayla should have 1 or 2 light sabers.

sorry for disagreeing with you darth newfie,hope your not angry at me.

More Ideas

1.Hero List for Republic:Mace Windu,Adi Gallia,Plo Koon,Stass Allie,Anakin Skywalker(Padawan and jedi with blue lightsaber),Obi wan(padawan and jedi),Qui Gon Jinn,Yoda,Sora Bulq,Quinlan Vos,Barris Offee,Luiminara Unduli,Commander Bacara,Commander Cody,Commander Deviss,Captain Fordo,Ki Adi Mundi,Kit Fisto,Saesee Tinn,Agen Kolar,Yarael Poof,Roron Corrob,Oppo Rancisis,Count Dooku(as a jedi),Luke Skywalker,Lowbacca,Kyle Katarn,Jaden Korr,Volfif Monn,Aayla Secura,Leia Skywalker,Han Solo(if im correct),Chewbacca(if im correct as well),Bail Organa

CIS:Darth Sidious,Count Dooku,Jango Fett,Asajj Ventress,OOM-9,Durge,Darth Maul,Cydon Prax,Gizor Delso,Poggle The Lesser

Empire:Darth Vader,Boba Fett,Anakin Skywalker(with red light saber),Grand Moff Tarkin,Darth Sidious

Rebel:Luke Skywalker,Han Solo,Leia Skywalker,Chewbacca,Mon Mothma,Bail Organa,Wedge Antilles,Raymus Antilles

lordzack
12-22-2006, 10:02 PM
Anyone curious about the demonsquid should go here:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Demonsquid

Anakin Skywalker
12-22-2006, 10:42 PM
More Ideas

1.Hero List for Republic:Mace Windu,Adi Gallia,Plo Koon,Stass Allie,Anakin Skywalker(Padawan and jedi with blue lightsaber),Obi wan(padawan and jedi),Qui Gon Jinn,Yoda,Sora Bulq,Quinlan Vos,Barris Offee,Luiminara Unduli,Commander Bacara,Commander Cody,Commander Deviss,Captain Fordo,Ki Adi Mundi,Kit Fisto,Saesee Tinn,Agen Kolar,Yarael Poof,Roron Corrob,Oppo Rancisis,Count Dooku(as a jedi),Luke Skywalker,Lowbacca,Kyle Katarn,Jaden Korr,Volfif Monn,Aayla Secura,Leia Skywalker,Han Solo(if im correct),Chewbacca(if im correct as well),Bail Organa

CIS:Darth Sidious,Count Dooku,Jango Fett,Asajj Ventress,OOM-9,Durge,Darth Maul,Cydon Prax,Gizor Delso,Poggle The Lesser

Empire:Darth Vader,Boba Fett,Anakin Skywalker(with red light saber),Grand Moff Tarkin,Darth Sidious

Rebel:Luke Skywalker,Han Solo,Leia Skywalker,Chewbacca,Mon Mothma,Bail Organa,Wedge Antilles,Raymus Antilles

Some of these are good Ideas... to bad I don't have Battle Front 2 for the PC

Char Ell
12-23-2006, 07:08 PM
Found a LucasArts job posting on Gamasutra's jobs page (http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/jobs_display.php) for a Senior External Producer that has the following sentence.
We are actively looking for qualified Senior Producer to be a part of the biggest selling Star Wars Game in history. Isn't Battlefront the biggest selling SW game series of all time? If so then it sounds like this is another indication that Free Radical is handling BF3.

azimnj
12-23-2006, 10:48 PM
There could be an attacker class starfighter. Their purpose is to shoot down bombers and transports because even with a multi-purpose, it takes a while to shoot one down, especially with a pilot inside.

OFF-TOPIC: Wouldn't it be cool if there was a Lord of the Rings game , battlefront style. That would be awesome. The four factions, Rohan VS Isengard and Mordor VS Gondor. The classes would be commander, swordsman, archer, shielded trooper, rider and a special class ( Example would be ringwraiths for Mordor and Uruk Berserkers for isengard, if you don't know what the berserkers are, they're the guys with the pickaxe type swords)
Vehicles would be horses, wargs, fell beasts and those eagles.

Speederbikes have gone from bad to worse with each passing star wars battlefront version. The PS2 demo of the first Battlefront had perfect speederbikes. They would make perfect turns, could stay in the air after zooming over a hill and had a cool first person view. Now in the complete version of Battlefront 1, the blaster cannon was wickedly powerful but you took damage way to fast and you had to stop at a repair droid every 30 seconds. Why did they remove those droids anyway, that was another mistake added to the 2-mile-long list of them. Now the bikes in BF 2 are the worst ever. They are slow, unpowerful and slide like a pice of plastic on ice.
They explode when crashing even at moderate speeds (basic speed) whereas in BF 1 they would take half damage. Whats up with the speed!? It takes like 1 minute to zoom halfway across the battlefield. I know about the boosting but thats suicidal on a place like Endor, which seems to be the only map with the bikes. Who wants to drive a speederbike at the speed of an AT-ST (which by the way are also slower than they were in BF 1) , not me. Apparently Pandemic didn't even look at the name, SPEEDER bike. The only good thing about the BF 2 bikes is that they could jump which I would welcome again in BF 3.

Off Topic:i agree with you and I have more ideas.well when I read about the lotr part,I started think if it would be great to have heroes like aragorn,legolas,gimli, and etc.

Not Off Topic:Well,Sorry if i am posting too much ideas.

1.There should be more vehicles like:n1 starfighter,light droid starfighter,ginivex class starfighter, ,advanced droid starfighter,muunlist gun platform,bothan assault cruiser and etc.

Darth Newfie
12-24-2006, 01:39 PM
Well duh! Of course Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli would be heros, they always are. Of course others would need to be there like Theoden, Gamling, Eomer, Eowyn, Treebeard, Haldir, Theodred, Faramir, Boromir, Gandalf, Frodo, Sam, Merry, Pippin, Bilbo.

This is the last thing I want to say about BF 3 to sum it up..........

- Better tanks and speederbikes
- More classes
- No troop customization
- Free Radical IS making BF 3
- More maps
- Give Jango 2 blaster pistols

dameon110
12-27-2006, 12:45 PM
i think in starwars battlefront 3 they should have better space battles. i mean when i'm playing i'll randomly see a ai shooting at nothing except space! they should make them do more like accually attack and shoot at you. but the ai's shouldn't be as good as human players.

1. there should be more ships fighting and more ships in the hangers or just add more hangers. like in one hanger you should have 2 transport ships, 2 tie bombers, 4 tie intersepters, and 8 tie fighters and more ai's to piolit them.(make hangers bigger)

2.there should be more interior space in the capital ships and the controls should accually do some thing, like you can drive a star destroyer!( if you've seen starwars episod 3, you know the big space battle in the beging when the republic ship is right next to the cis ship they have maned laser cannons that they shoot at each other they should have that). you should be able to use the cannons too!

3.with the laser cannons you should be able to shoot at the other ship and leave holes with fire and smoke coming out and the wrekedge from the hole floating around and staying in the game same with ships blowing up. if you get blown up when you come back you should be able to see your dead body and wrekedge from you ship floating.

4. when a capital ship takes enough damege from the laser cannons it should get destroyed.

dameon110
12-27-2006, 01:00 PM
ya um....... my tital is starwars battlefront 3 (wishlist)

dameon110
12-27-2006, 01:07 PM
i think in starwars battlefront 3 they should have better space battles. i mean when i'm playing i'll randomly see a ai shooting at nothing except space! they should make them do more like accually attack and shoot at you. but the ai's shouldn't be as good as human players.

1. there should be more ships fighting and more ships in the hangers or just add more hangers. like in one hanger you should have 2 transport ships, 2 tie bombers, 4 tie intersepters, and 8 tie fighters and more ai's to piolit them.(make hangers bigger)

2.there should be more interior space in the capital ships and the controls should accually do some thing, like you can drive a star destroyer!( if you've seen starwars episod 3, you know the big space battle in the beging when the republic ship is right next to the cis ship they have maned laser cannons that they shoot at each other they should have that). you should be able to use the cannons too!

3.with the laser cannons you should be able to shoot at the other ship and leave holes with fire and smoke coming out and the wrekedge from the hole floating around and staying in the game same with ships blowing up. if you get blown up when you come back you should be able to see your dead body and wrekedge from you ship floating.

4. when a capital ship takes enough damege from the laser cannons it should get destroyed.
ya um....... my tital is starwars battlefront 3 (wishlist)

dameon110
12-27-2006, 01:24 PM
i dont care what any body says about star wars battlefront 3 not coming out or no ones going to by it because its a bad seires! well what say is up YOURS!!!!!!!! its probley the best seires EVER!!! GO BF3!!!!!

azimnj
12-29-2006, 12:17 AM
well more heroes

republic:k kruhk,shaak ti(i dont think i posted that name),sha g,tarr seirr,daakman barreck,bultan swan,eeth koth,foul moudama,qu rahn,cade skywalker,zayne carrick,chellemi chuowick,zett jukassa,depa billaba,asharad hett,dass jennir,jocasta nu,odan urr,pablo jill,even piell,kol skywalker,coleman trebor,yaddle.

Halo_92
12-29-2006, 01:22 AM
What? Are you having a hangover?

Mattios1
12-29-2006, 01:45 PM
What I would like in Star Wars Battlefront 3 which has been narrowed down to one choice thanks to the people who already have said. My idea is so you could play as other space characters like in Doctor Who, Star Trek etc. Man I'd like to play as a Cyberman and a Dalek.

MachineCult
12-29-2006, 04:47 PM
WTF? Daleks in SWBF3? This kid gets the award for stupidest SWBF3 idea ever posted on this forum.

dameon110
12-29-2006, 09:49 PM
machinecult. dude you have to stop being so negitive to other peoples ideas, even if their the stupidest thing you've ever heard. just say that wont happen or no way not WTF and make fun of the guy. come on!!!!

dameon110
12-29-2006, 09:50 PM
but. mattios1 that idea is pretty dumb though.

dameon110
12-29-2006, 09:53 PM
in star wars battlefront 3 they should have different classes in the game like for the empire they should have a sand trooper!! he'll look just like the empire marine in space except with some sand marks on him, and he'll be right handed!

dameon110
12-29-2006, 09:59 PM
the sand trooper will have a regular rife like the storm troopers have, a blaster pistol like the storm trooper, 4 thermal detonaters, and 1 health and ammo dispenser.because when there in the desert they need to heal themselfs and give themselfs ammo when there out in the middle of the desert away from cilvization. the sand trooper would be able to sprint for longer and there stamina will regenerate faster. because they walk and run around alot in the desert. SAND TROOPERS ROCK!!!!!!!!=)

dameon110
12-29-2006, 10:35 PM
for boba fett and jango fett they should put in all the gear they have in the movies. like for boba fett the twine he shoots out and wraps luke in and the gun on his arm,and the jet pack rock, plus the stuff thats all ready in the game. same with jango the stuff in the game and the movie like the jetpack rocket, the things on his hands that let him grip to the side of that tower,2 blaster pistols,the jagged metal blade that slowed his fall off the platform, and the wire he used to hang on to the platfrom once he fell off and then climbed up it.

I know all of this stuff to be put into the game for the bounty hunters is very unlikely but i hope lucas arts considers some of it.=)

Halo_92
12-30-2006, 01:44 PM
For the last time n00bz,

PLZ DO NOT DOUBLE POST!

Just put it all in one post okay?

MachineCult
12-30-2006, 04:06 PM
For the last time n00bz,

PLZ DO NOT DOUBLE POST!

Or triple post for that matter.

jawathehutt
12-30-2006, 04:12 PM
I think it would be nice to have like 2 or three save spots where if we wanted to come back to a long battle that you ran out of time to finish, you, you could save it, finish it and delete it.

Relenzo2
12-31-2006, 12:06 PM
or quintiple post. lol.

Yeah, a save battle function I would consider nice for really long battles, like capitol down 1-4, or just long maps, like ROTE 1-3, particularly three. Some of those mappers really make long maps, and some really dont know there IS A REASON to limit themselves on the reinforcement count, that being that the battle shouldn't take an hour to play.

Halo_92
12-31-2006, 12:21 PM
oor...nevermind.

It sounds okay it would make more people wanna buy the game but if they did thhat save thing, I would prolly not buy it. Perhaps maybe renting it, but no further.

jawathehutt
12-31-2006, 01:57 PM
that makes no sense as to why they would only rent it, there are no maps that came with the game that take less than 15 minutes even if you do horrible. I want it for like Relenzo2 said, for maps like Cap down, RoTE and operation FM.

azimnj
12-31-2006, 05:29 PM
Troops:
Republic environment troopers:clone scuba trooper,clone swamp trooper,cold assault trooper,clone jet trooper,clone shock trooper

Soldier:Clone Trooper(phase 1 and phase 2)
Assault:Clone Heavy Trooper(phase 1 and in phase 2 doesnt look like bacara)
Sniper:Clone Sniper(phase 1 and phase 2 doesnt look like a paratrooper)
Engineer:AT-RT Driver
Commander:Clone Commander(phase 1 and in phase 2 you can customize that character,Jedi Padawan
General:Jedi Knight,Jedi Master

Special Troops
Soldier:ARC Trooper
Assault:ARC Trooper(with a rocket launcher)
Sniper:I think they should make up an ARC Sniper
Engineer:ARC Pilot
Commander:ARC Commander
Captain:ARC Captain
Seargent:ARC Seargent
Liutenant:ARC Liutenant
General:Jedi Knight

Gonna post troops for empire,rebels,cis later

Halo_92
12-31-2006, 08:29 PM
that makes no sense as to why they would only rent it, there are no maps that came with the game that take less than 15 minutes even if you do horrible. I want it for like Relenzo2 said, for maps like Cap down, RoTE and operation FM.

I was talking about myself.

Relenzo2
01-01-2007, 09:38 AM
Uh, Amdjinni, didn't you already post that list twice, um?

Guyz_1989
01-01-2007, 12:03 PM
for the campaign side of the story it would be pretty kool to have more freedom to do what you wnat rather than having to do a certain battle....

you start in a capital ship of empire or rebellion and can walk around the bridge interacting with different things like..latest enemy movemnets and looking at maps...

from the map you cna choose your location..and after each battle there is a reward for taking that system for example improved weapons or garrisons of troups... this way the game involves some stratagy... it would not be good to attack a swamp like planet unless you ahd the proper troops...

you choose so many battles untill you ahve a force big enough to do a major battle..yavin, hoth, endore etc...

on the ship it would be kool to purchas things aswell after each battle like more capital ships or better fighters like b-wings...

Halo_92
01-01-2007, 12:17 PM
I can acctually see that happening in a next-gen system.

Daft Adidas
01-01-2007, 01:36 PM
that's a good idea 89, i've got some ideas, probably someones said this as i've only just started paying attention to this thread but the death star mode, it can be strategy and u pick Tie Fighters to go out and fight and move towards a planet and then BOOM! Or just be a Tie Fighter or X wing or whatever and fight around the death star.

Some different types of units of course plus when ur a sniper even if ur so high up ur touching the clouds still the enemy can see u and shoot at you so easily. Arrgh!

More veichles. Duh! More planets, double duh! Oh yeah and have multiple maps for each planet instead of 1.

That's enough for now.

Fettscommander
01-02-2007, 02:53 AM
Maybe you could have something like when you enter a battle you could: start out with 1000 credits, choose your soldier, then on the pause menu you can buy wepons and when you kill units or capture a comand post, you can go to a certain area like a base and get better wepons. But you can only have a certain amount of wepons, depending on the value of the wepon.
It might not work but it might be fun.

P.S. I like the saving idea.

The_Eradicator
01-02-2007, 04:18 AM
how about bringing back COCKPITS!!!

Daft Adidas
01-02-2007, 09:32 AM
yeah cockpits should be backand the weapon idea from Fettscommander was good.

megaman935
01-02-2007, 09:32 PM
I got somethin' this battlefront should include.... Even if you aren't a jedi, you still have a jedi on the feild. and jedi should be able to fight each other rather than standing next 2 each other like in battlefront 1.... just a thought...

Daft Adidas
01-03-2007, 04:44 AM
yeah on Assault in Mos Eisly the blades hardlyy clash and one swipe with a lightsaber should kill u! Not five! Yeah megaman's idea was petty good and maybe sometimes a pop up comes up. Darth Vader want's u to cover him! Yes- No?

jawathehutt
01-03-2007, 06:57 PM
If they do do what megaman posted, I think they should have it like BF1 and have them turnoff able and unlike BF1, killable

djmoose
01-04-2007, 01:39 AM
Here's my suggestion...

How about a HD port of BFI? (for PS3)

Daft Adidas
01-04-2007, 06:09 AM
jawa ur a genius! perfect make them killable. For example. "Oh yeah i just killed ten rebels in fifteen seconds (unlikley) uh oh Luke Skywalker. I'm dead but i mght survive and kill him!!!!!

Relenzo2
01-04-2007, 09:17 AM
You know, why don't they just erase the name "SWBFII" from this forums, it doesn't make sense anymore. Just call the forum "Star Wars Battlefront III- Supah Thread!"

Daft Adidas
01-04-2007, 09:19 AM
that would make the thread very, very long. So what! Good idea Relenzo.

Darth Newfie
01-04-2007, 06:38 PM
Have any of you ever played the PSP version? Snipers are useless! You can be completley out of sight and the enemy still shoots at you. The scope has the worst range of any star wars battlefront game version yet. The worst thing is that you have to stop moving in order to look up and down, meaning your a sitting duck if your trying to kill an elevated sniper.

The PSP version also has less maps by the way. Utapau, Coruscant, Geonosis, Kamino, Jabba's Palace and many others are not even there. A lot of the maps are also minorly changed. Mustafar dosen't have the control rooms in the center where you destroy the droid schematics in campaign mode. Mygeeto has large platforms that surround cps.

Remember in BF 1 when the cps had names like the "Derelict" or the "Cisterns"? Well in the PSP version, they brought it back. There are less heros. Dooku and Secura are only available in assault. Vader and Secura's lightsaber attacks have also changed. Secura has a purple saber instead of blue. Mace Windu is only available on one map and Vader is on almost every map.

Name the cps in BF 3 and give vehicles 1st person modes!

Lord Tsukasa
01-04-2007, 11:21 PM
I am for more troops, the ability to customize and create classes, and the ability to pilate frigates and (If it works) capital ships.

Also, Heroes should be less cheap.

Seriously, online, once you go hero, you have basically secured your spot in the number 1 spot for that round.

I mean, they should be more powerful than normal troops, but they shouldn't be unstoppable.

A trained Hero Specialist who memorizes how to use the hero's techniques, saber blocking, and stuff, is virtually impossible to kill when they obtain the character.

Daft Adidas
01-05-2007, 04:17 AM
by what Darth Newfie said it sounds like this sniper problem isn't just for me and mines is on the PS2!!!!! Yeah giving cps was a good idea like whoever has captured the bridge that made it realisitic!!! More maps WILL be done if there is BF3 because it just has to be done!

Big battles like u get two hundred people on each side and the Imperials all start in the same cp and run towards the battlefield and Rebels do the same from another and then they will all stop on a line and u have one massive battle!!! Cool eh?

Lord Tsukasa
01-05-2007, 01:28 PM
by what Darth Newfie said it sounds like this sniper problem isn't just for me and mines is on the PS2!!!!! Yeah giving cps was a good idea like whoever has captured the bridge that made it realisitic!!! More maps WILL be done if there is BF3 because it just has to be done!

Big battles like u get two hundred people on each side and the Imperials all start in the same cp and run towards the battlefield and Rebels do the same from another and then they will all stop on a line and u have one massive battle!!! Cool eh?

That would be awesome. A huge charge, and then a massive battle that spreads field-wide. Man, that would be cool!

Darth Newfie
01-05-2007, 01:51 PM
have you noticed how the number of reinforcements has changed in every BF version?

SWBF 1 Demo PS2 Version - 100
SWBF 1 PS2 Version - 200
SWBF 2 PS2 Version - 150
SWBF 2 PSP Version - 75

Daft Adidas
01-05-2007, 02:17 PM
That would be awesome. A huge charge, and then a massive battle that spreads field-wide. Man, that would be cool!

Thanks thow great lord. Yes i have noticed they change all the time i think 150 or 1 hundred is reasonable but for a big charge two hundred. :)

Relenzo2
01-05-2007, 09:43 PM
Perhaps this would be impossible, but maybe in some battles ALL the armies could be there at the start of the battle, so there would be no respawning except for players of course, and the number of soldiers on each side would always go down realistically.

jawathehutt
01-06-2007, 09:30 AM
Perhaps this would be impossible, but maybe in some battles ALL the armies could be there at the start of the battle, so there would be no respawning except for players of course, and the number of soldiers on each side would always go down realistically.
I dont know about this, one team could just purposely destroy all of the other teams ai and then it would be like 100 vs 2, I think maybe if they had spawntimes it might be ok.

Relenzo2
01-06-2007, 05:00 PM
Umm, you do know that in a war, the intention is ALWAYS to destroy the enemy.

Daft Adidas
01-06-2007, 05:13 PM
her another idea....... u can be a big fat Chubby General a rebel or Imperial and u mgo into campaign mode and u have to bassically win the war and go thrugh different battles and u send in reinforcements and things and between the battles u might have to pay mone yto make more veichles and pay money to ur troops and get more troops even. Hoep that's a good 1. :)

jawathehutt
01-07-2007, 12:23 AM
and in BF2, the purpose isnt 1v1 battles, its large scale battles, your suggestion would essentialy, take it down to 1v1 battles and constant CP takings.

Fettscommander
01-07-2007, 10:37 PM
I like Relenzo2's idea about the all the armies thing.
Maybe they could have something like clones vs seps vs tuskens. Or you could select which teams are in the game like bad clones vs trandohshans.
OR for online games the host could be the commander and tell this team what to do as a strong suggestion. :twogun: :sonar1

Henz
01-08-2007, 03:34 PM
I'd like more varied heroes, more per level, and the option to turn them off. New heroes - Qui-Gon, Old Obi-wan, Padme, the extra ones (kit fisto & Assaj Ventress <---how can you et them anyhoo?) and some more I can't think of right now.
I'd definately like more armies as said before; as well as some more sepcific to levels (eg. Naboo soldiers and gungans with Qui-gon hero vs. Droids with Darth Maul hero) Naboos and Gungans, Sand People, Jabba's Entourage (jabba as hero? lol) Old Republic and Old Sith from KOTOR.
Larger levels. More vehicles in levels. Space levels expanded on with more to do inside enemy ships etc. Hero ships? Falcon, Slave 1 etc.
Some improvements to single player story modes. Maybe even a customisable soldier option.
ALL of the levels from BOTH previous installments except for ones that are just updates. Corruscant undercity and Senate levels. Tatooine (updated from B1) Dune Sea, (existing) Mos Isely and (new) Mos Espa with podrace place. Dantooine. A seperate, close combat Hoth inside the base (I don't really like the existing one) A better or addition death star level that looks like ep 4 and has the millenium falcon in. Space battle above endor.
I think there should be at least 2 maps per planet and the menu selecting levels navigates the planets. Dunno why. Just like it hehe

jawathehutt
01-08-2007, 09:32 PM
I wouldnt mind the BF1 loading screen with the hints and stuff, right now, 90% of the time, the loading screen shows either the wrong era, a nonesistant feature or the wrong map. I liked how they would like zoom into where on the planet you were fighting even though its probly not very true

Relenzo2
01-09-2007, 09:16 AM
Not bad, good. And I see this thread is now sticky. Makes sense, as this is now the "SWBFII- Supah Thread" forum.

Darth Newfie
01-09-2007, 04:59 PM
I love the loading screen of BF 1. Maybe it would zoom into the location like in BF 1 and have tips exclusivley for that map or in the top righthand corner with screenshots or videos down in the bottom corner.

For example -

Endor Tip - Be shure to avoid the long path leading past the ewok camp as deadly ewok traps can quickly destroy an AT-ST.

Endor Video - An AT-St gets crushed by a log swing.

Dune Sea Tip - Avoid the sarlaac pit at all costs. The beast inside will devour any who come near it.

Dune Sea Video - A helpless tusken raider gets grabbed by the sarlaac.

Polis Massa Tip - The droids are immune to low oxygen levels on the asteroid surface. Use this to your teams advantage.

Polis Massa Video - The droid army runs outside their hangar towards the enemies.

Carlo El Sanchez
01-09-2007, 10:29 PM
It would be cool if BFIII had the Mandolorian War :D

Titanius Anglesmith
01-10-2007, 09:54 PM
It would be cool if BFIII had the Mandolorian War :D
No it wouldn't. :D

Carlo El Sanchez
01-10-2007, 10:15 PM
Why wouldn't it Weasel face ?

Titanius Anglesmith
01-10-2007, 10:21 PM
Because I just don't think it would. And I think it's a bit uncalled for for you to call me Weasel face.

It's pretty immature of you to call someone some stupid name simply because they disagree with you.

Carlo El Sanchez
01-10-2007, 10:24 PM
incorrect my Weasel friend, by your name, avatar, and location...you seem to be and like Weasel's so its only normal for me to call you Weasel face no ?

Titanius Anglesmith
01-10-2007, 10:29 PM
Actually since my avatar isn't a weasel.....

That doesn't make much sense really. A bunch of people on here have commandos in there avatar and there name is something like RC-1034, but that doesn't really make them a commando, now does it.

Anyway, that's enough of this, let's get back on topic shall we.

Carlo El Sanchez
01-10-2007, 10:32 PM
well, sorry........thought sombody on Lf may have a sense of humour...so far iv found nobody! AT ALL! anyway yes...back to BF III

Daft Adidas
01-11-2007, 03:17 AM
i have a sense of humour????? lol Anyway er we could have on ground battles u can start up as space jump in a tie fighter and fly down and kick butt (or X- WING)

MachineCult
01-11-2007, 08:29 AM
Weasel, how could you possibly be offended by being called weasel face? Your name is EagerWeasel. It's the most inoffensive thing you could be called.

Fettscommander
01-11-2007, 11:13 AM
Stop with the Weasel face and lets get back to topic! :firemad: :mad:

Daft Adidas
01-11-2007, 11:51 AM
i'm back to topic anyway what do u think of my idea?

Fettscommander
01-11-2007, 12:58 PM
i'm back to topic anyway what do u think of my idea?
I like your idea but i think some people have already mentioned it.

Titanius Anglesmith
01-11-2007, 02:44 PM
Not to get off topic again, but I wasn't offended. It's actually kinda hard to offend me. I just thought that it was a dumb and pointless thing to say.

Daft Adidas
01-11-2007, 03:13 PM
sorry for more "off-topic" but i like Eager Weasel's sig very nice. Oh ok plus i have maybe another idea. You get on a big turret if your in the Deat Star inerior or whatever and either shoot at X-WINGS in space or Tie Fighters to stop them getting reinforcements into the station. Hope that's a good 1.

Titanius Anglesmith
01-11-2007, 03:20 PM
So they had the Empire campaign in BFII, so there needs to be a Rebel campaign in BFIII. Since the Rebels are all about being sneaky, you could go on infiltration missions to Imperial planets and steal technology for new units and things like better guns and armor. And you could also destroy the 2 Death Stars.

btw Darth Aida, thanks for the comment bout the sig. I just changed it to that today. :)

Daft Adidas
01-11-2007, 03:40 PM
sure no problem it's a rule if any one has a good sig you must comment on it if you don't....... you don't want to know. anwyay that's a nice idea there Weasel yes there HAS TO be a Rebel campaign or did they have tha tin BF1?

Darth Newfie
01-11-2007, 05:10 PM
I want to play as more native factions like the polis massans on Polis Massa, the royal naboo security forces, criminals in Mos Espa, kaminoeans on Kamino and the jedi in the jedi temple on Coruscant.

They should also expand the armies a little bit. The 4 main factions all have a commander, soldier, demo trooper, engineer, sniper and special trooper. the native factions should have each of them too.

I will now specifically talk about what should be on Endor. My fav map.

Commander - Ewok Chieftain - Staff, Regeneration, Rage
Soldier - Ewok Warrior - Club, Tribal Spears, Sharp Rocks
Sniper - Ewok Ranger - Shortbow, Tribal Spears
Demo Trooper - Ewok Axeman - Vibro-Axe, Sharp Axe
Engineer - Ewok Engineer - Spear, F-187 Fuisoncutter
Special - Ewok Captain - Shortbow, Spear, Rage

Vehicles - Ewok Glider, AT-ST, 74-Z Speederbike, Rebel Speeder Bike, Lambda Shuttle, AT-AT

Wouldn't it be cool if you could climb the trees up onto a platform and go over to this box and pick up a axe. then you would use it to cut down the log swing to make it fall onto an AT-ST. Of course it would only be on multiplayer or splitscreen because another person would have to be on the other side. I'd like to be able to do stuff like climb trees and ladders to high up vantage points where snipers rule.

Relenzo2
01-11-2007, 08:36 PM
I think gliders would be COOL, that's what I think. And you are the weasel of lists, honestly... I don't anyone else on this thread has had multiple lists. :)

Carlo El Sanchez
01-11-2007, 09:00 PM
In BF III it would be cool to add KOTOR wars in it, like The Manalorian Wars and the battle of Rakata Prime, but looks like the majority of you guys would like it to stick with the original Star Wars movies, that's still awsome. And i guess it would be kind of weird, fighting in a KOTOR war with the BF fighting simulator.

jawathehutt
01-11-2007, 09:39 PM
Climbing trees and on that topic, poles and such objects would be pretty cool, but you wouldnt be able to shoot and you would climb reletively slow.

Fettscommander
01-11-2007, 09:47 PM
With the climbing thing maybe if you get shot a sertain number of times you fall.

Daft Adidas
01-12-2007, 03:16 AM
haha that would rock!!! ouch! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

MachineCult
01-12-2007, 11:17 AM
With the climbing thing maybe if you get shot a sertain number of times you fall.
If you did fall after being shot a number of times, then you'd never get up, and if you didn't fall after being shot, then you would undoubtedly be killed half way up. It's a stupid idea.

Fettscommander
01-12-2007, 04:23 PM
If you did fall after being shot a number of times, then you'd never get up, and if you didn't fall after being shot, then you would undoubtedly be killed half way up. It's a stupid idea.
Well you would die anyway if you got shot a certain number of times. I guess I mean if you get shot so much you health meter runs out than in stead of just lying flat on a pole dead you scream while you fall maybe even on somebody and hurt them a little bit :hoops1: .

Daft Adidas
01-12-2007, 04:27 PM
yes, yes, yes!! Oh ere's another thing kind of already mentioned.

You are an oridianry soldier. Uh oh! Darth Vader! Kill him. You can shoot him alone or you can (new feature for BF3) gather up your squad and call open fire on Darth Vader while you handle or the other guys!

Fettscommander
01-12-2007, 04:57 PM
mabey on some maps yoou could be a commando sargent and lead a squad of commando privats around the battle field capturing key locations and destroying certain things or people. It would be for the top 4 players on each side, and they would be armed with emp launchers grenades blaster rifels blaster pistols jet packs health ammo fusion cutters mines and interchangable HUD displays. :twogun:

Daft Adidas
01-12-2007, 05:00 PM
bassically they have everything! Woohoo! Yeh being an officer would be cool ordering your mates around i mean you can kind off but not really properly. :blaze6: :tank1: :fire11:

Fettscommander
01-12-2007, 05:48 PM
if its too much for one commando to carry one could have the mines dets ant rocket launcher, another maybe has fussion cutter health ammo blaster pistol and so on but it would be cool if they had a deployable e-web ooo or 3 recon droids. or a time bomb with a 10 sec timer that has the explosive power of 1000 mines! :fire3: :launcher: :ang3: :fire3: :fire2:
Also on space levels there should be space commandos that can have super jet packs and can walk on the outside of enemy ships planting mines or tearing down the wall to let air escape and if the life support system is broken the enemy gets sucked into space until another space commando fixes the life support.

jawathehutt
01-12-2007, 10:53 PM
how about no over powered commandos and all of the other features of RC, we alredy have enough noob units cough heroes cough

Fettscommander
01-12-2007, 11:03 PM
how about no over powered commandos and all of the other features of RC, we alredy have enough noob units cough heroes cough
I said for the top 4 players and I didn't say heros are good because without heros noobs can't be within the top 4.

Carlo El Sanchez
01-13-2007, 03:27 AM
Heros' are good, but only while their time is in invincible mode...after that they like drop dead...iv seen them die without being hit once.

Daft Adidas
01-13-2007, 04:23 AM
if its too much for one commando to carry one could have the mines dets ant rocket launcher, another maybe has fussion cutter health ammo blaster pistol and so on but it would be cool if they had a deployable e-web ooo or 3 recon droids. or a time bomb with a 10 sec timer that has the explosive power of 1000 mines! :fire3: :launcher: :ang3: :fire3: :fire2:
Also on space levels there should be space commandos that can have super jet packs and can walk on the outside of enemy ships planting mines or tearing down the wall to let air escape and if the life support system is broken the enemy gets sucked into space until another space commando fixes the life support.

On the 1000 mines thing you could be in yor ship and carry the big bomg (1000 mines) and you land in the enemy hangar and your ship will detonate then grab another ship and get the hel out of there! It could be a hydrogen bomb (spelling?)

Henz
01-13-2007, 01:01 PM
The space-trooper people from the clones wars animated series for space battles. Would be interesting to fight droids on top of their own ships and vice versa.

jawathehutt
01-13-2007, 05:19 PM
I said for the top 4 players and I didn't say heros are good because without heros noobs can't be within the top 4.
And the noobs would still get this, the noob order of battle is this
1. get tank
2. spawn camp
3 get hero
4 spawn camp

add in the 4 commandos and its
1. get tank
2. spawn camp
3 get hero/commandos
4 spawn camp

Darth Newfie
01-13-2007, 05:29 PM
If you were climbing, you would have the blaster pistol equipped if your troop has one, troops without the pistol would be unarmed. If YOU were climbing a ladder with stormtroopers blasting away at you, YOU would have a pistol equipped and YOU would be shooting at them. What idiot would climb something while unarmed with an entire army underneath. You would have a weapon no matter what action your performing like in Splinter Cell. i WOULD nOT go anywhere in BF without a weapon equipped, even if I was a vanguard I would scout out vehicles, use mines on them and use the last mine on a trooper in a suicide bombing.

What about if soldiers had a stun mode on their blaster rifle as seen in A New Hope when they captured Princess Leia.

What about a bounty hunter mode! You would choose the clone wars or galactic civil war and then choose a bounty hunter like Jango for clone wars and Boba for the gcw. then you would go on a campaign to capture important characters like Chewbacca, Leia, R2, Ben Kenobi, etc. You would have like 10 weapons, five can kill, other 5 are lesslethal like the stun mode on a blaster rifle or a cable to tie up your enemies.

Fettscommander
01-13-2007, 10:11 PM
MAybe you could have the commando thing where you are leading a group of commandos on mission mode. so you are the only four so you have to be able to fight like an entier army. :twogun: :blast5: :vsd: Or just have the commando free noobs on levels that don't have tanks and don't have heros at all. And I don't think stun mode would be good because it would be no fun lying powerless on the ground while somebody shoots you.:blast5:

Daft Adidas
01-14-2007, 04:13 AM
MAybe you could have the commando thing where you are leading a group of commandos on mission mode. so you are the only four so you have to be able to fight like an entier army. :twogun: :blast5: :vsd: Or just have the commando free noobs on levels that don't have tanks and don't have heros at all. And I don't think stun mode would be good because it would be no fun lying powerless on the ground while somebody shoots you.:blast5:

Fett is right there stunning people would be fun but being stunned wouldn't. :smash:

jawathehutt
01-14-2007, 03:48 PM
Im sorry newfie and fett, but your ideas really aren't battlefront about the bounty hunter thing and commando thing. While they sound fun, they would be better suited for a different type of game. The core of battlefront and battlefield games is, being the grunt. Your not the commando who kills everyone and single handedly destroys the enemy, your the guy who received normal training along with everyone else. You don't have a back story, your just a clone or a droid or a guy wearing plastic, maybe a guy wearing camo. In the movies, your aim sucks if your a plastic or droid. The battlef... series is not RC or RtCW and it should stay that way, like real wars.

On the topic of stun gun things, I wouldn't like it but if they were to be put in, I would hope they would follow Red Faction 2s example of the shock grenade where your vision jolts around and everything is inverted, moving the mouse up moves your vision down and pressing foreword makes you go back wards, your at a disadvantage but you can still fight back.

Daft Adidas
01-14-2007, 04:04 PM
hmm it not batllefrontish and we want it to stay as the game not over expand.

The graphics could be a bit better for a start!

lordzack
01-14-2007, 04:05 PM
That's a stupid place to start. Start on the gameplay and everything else, then graphics.

Daft Adidas
01-14-2007, 04:28 PM
That's a stupid place to start. Start on the gameplay and everything else, then graphics.

I'm just saying get better graphics that's all no need to get wound up.

lordzack
01-14-2007, 04:41 PM
I'm just saying get better graphics that's all no need to get wound up.

I'm just saying do everything else first, because graphics are nothing Imo, I did not mean to sound angry or anything.

Darth Newfie
01-14-2007, 05:00 PM
Well what if the stun function was an award for doing something special like getting 20 headshots with a blaster rifle or getting 4 kills with a thermal detonator at once?

About the bounty hunter thng, in the PSP version, you play four missions as a bounty hunter so it would kind of be BF style.

Fettscommander
01-14-2007, 09:13 PM
I still think the commando thing would work, but anyway how about if there were space to ground maybe there could be anti aircraft guns on land that can reach space. :vsd:

Daft Adidas
01-15-2007, 03:20 AM
I still think the commando thing would work, but anyway how about if there were space to ground maybe there could be anti aircraft guns on land that can reach space. :vsd:

Yes, yes, yes! Thar would b fun and you can shoot at cruisers aswell!!!!!

Relenzo2
01-15-2007, 12:30 PM
You mean like Ion Cannons.

Daft Adidas
01-15-2007, 12:31 PM
yeh, is that an Ion Cannon you got there in your sig?

Relenzo2
01-15-2007, 04:08 PM
Er, no, it's supposed to be a crashed ship, like in the RP it's advertising

Daft Adidas
01-15-2007, 04:15 PM
oh i'm thick lol anyway yeh Ion Cannons would be cool.

jegisx
01-15-2007, 10:23 PM
You know what SWBF 3 needs is the ability to upgrade and choose which weapons you want to carry in to battle before each battle begins. Everything from guns to grenades to medpacks and misc.
You should be able to:
Carry 2 diffrent kinds of upgradable guns (in battle) :twogun:
Carry 2 diffrent kinds of accessories - you pick (in battle)
more weapon choices (guns and grenades)
Smarter, harder AI (make us work for the victory)
Switch rules of game so that even if your reinforcments run out and you are still alive that the game goes till the last human player is dead
Game should continue to track your progress and promote you as you work through it, which unlocks more weapons and accessories which you need to buy to be able to use and then can upgrade
Harder terrains or battle areas that prevent more of a challenge
More promotable levels (to go with weapon and accessory upgrades)

Fettscommander
01-15-2007, 11:28 PM
You know what SWBF 3 needs is the ability to upgrade and choose which weapons you want to carry in to battle before each battle begins. Everything from guns to grenades to medpacks and misc.
You should be able to:
Carry 2 diffrent kinds of upgradable guns (in battle) :twogun:
Carry 2 diffrent kinds of accessories - you pick (in battle)
more weapon choices (guns and grenades)
Smarter, harder AI (make us work for the victory)
Switch rules of game so that even if your reinforcments run out and you are still alive that the game goes till the last human player is dead
Game should continue to track your progress and promote you as you work through it, which unlocks more weapons and accessories which you need to buy to be able to use and then can upgrade
Harder terrains or battle areas that prevent more of a challenge
More promotable levels (to go with weapon and accessory upgrades)
I allready mentioned something like that. "Maybe you could have something like when you enter a battle you could: start out with 1000 credits, choose your soldier, then on the pause menu you can buy wepons and when you kill units or capture a comand post, you can go to a certain area like a base and get better wepons. But you can only have a certain amount of wepons, depending on the value of the wepon.
It might not work but it might be fun."

Relenzo2
01-16-2007, 08:34 AM
Yeah,. that was like my idea, you should be able to make the enemy have more reinforcements than you.

Redtech
01-16-2007, 08:42 AM
FettsComander:

You play Counterstrike, yes? Wait, that's a game where you need skill to get good. Hmm, BF3 could do with some of that, rather than just playing as Darth Maul and hogging a narrow corridor.

I don't really want Jedi in the new BF, they sure as hell didn't win the clone wars, and I doubt Luke Blew up the Death Star II!

Relenzo2
01-16-2007, 11:14 AM
There just is NO challenge for anyone who had been playing for like 3 months, is there?

Fettscommander
01-16-2007, 12:09 PM
Yes I would say no jedi except on mos eisly assalt.

Daft Adidas
01-16-2007, 12:30 PM
Fett you get better and better! Good ideas everyone!

Relenzo2
01-16-2007, 12:44 PM
But I'm not sure about no Jedi- just make them a whole lot less "noob friendly" as... I think MachineCult put it expertly, and overall less powerful. Oh yeah, not to mention HARDER TO GET. I swear, on some levels as soon as I get a hero, I get him again as soon as I die.

Daft Adidas
01-16-2007, 01:01 PM
yes! You spend practically the whole time as a hero if you picj them each time it's comes up! Unless you die as soon a you spwn as a hero!

Fettscommander
01-16-2007, 01:21 PM
Maybe you only have 1 chance to be a hero and if you die you blew it.

Daft Adidas
01-16-2007, 01:46 PM
yes that's more like it.

Titanius Anglesmith
01-16-2007, 02:09 PM
Well, I have to say that getting new and better weapons during a battle is not a good idea. There is such a thing as "unit balance", and it's a good thing. Battlefront II was already easy enough, so it shouldn't be made even easier with more powerful weapons.

And besides, each unit specializes in a certain field of battle. For instance, Sharpshooters are best at sniping, but wouldn't be too good on the front lines. One class can't be good with all types of weapons, as that would kinda make you an unstoppable force.

Daft Adidas
01-16-2007, 02:17 PM
yeh i'm a sniper three second later i'm a heavy machine gunner taking everyone down all you gotta do switch guns it would be dumb.

Fettscommander
01-16-2007, 02:25 PM
Or have a mode like training where you have the map to yourself you have all the wepons and there are cardboard targets standing around some moving some not.

Daft Adidas
01-16-2007, 02:30 PM
yes. that's the way you can learn about the game and play with all the weapons and how to use them. Carboard maybe not coz this is Star Wars and it would probably be holoimages or fake droids.

Fettscommander
01-16-2007, 02:33 PM
I was being sarcastic when I said cardboard but also maybe a command post on a battlegound could be a grounded capital ship. :vsd:

Daft Adidas
01-16-2007, 03:02 PM
i dout you ws being sracastic but no more of that.

Yes a ground capital ship good idea as a post. :)

Relenzo2
01-16-2007, 03:15 PM
Yeah, we've had that idea before... in the form of "The great weapons looting idea wars". And there actually is a setting in Battlefront II where you can set so that you only get the Jedi once.

jawathehutt
01-17-2007, 08:41 PM
how bout just
no f'ing jedi, like I said, this isnt JA, this isnt KoTR, this is BATTLEFRONT I dont want and retarded jedi who sit at the CPs and use 1337 to make my brain overload from the retardedness

on the cap down idea, it would be ok if it was better than the ****ty cap down maps that some people cant get over, they were good when the tools came out, but come on, theyre old and really not that good anymore.

Relenzo2
01-17-2007, 08:52 PM
I need to yell about the AI problems again, here. Firstly, when you are shooting at a vehicle, THE VEHICLE SHOULD SHOOT BACK! Most just sit there doing nothing, especially walkers! And someone get the AI to consistently TOWARD the enemy.
Now that I'm done with that... I think the whole orders system needs some work. When you're like a grunt or a normal unit, even when you're general, you shoudn't be able to get more than a couple people to like follow you for a little bit. But on the other extreme, if you're a commander unit like Clone Commander, You should be able to get at least 4 to 6 men to follow you and unlike it is now STAY right there following you until you tell them to move out or THEY DIE. And you should be able to tell them to go in a particualr direction AND THEY GO THERE. I mean, if you've ever watched the animated series, all the commaner had to do was make a little sign with his hand and all the clones would go ahead or activate their grapples or come streaming at full charge out of the toaster oven or whatever. But you get the idea

jawathehutt
01-17-2007, 11:35 PM
I totaly agree with that, up til 2142 the battlef series have had ****y ass ai who are more likely to be manning a MG/ turret facing the wrong way then actualy helping

Daft Adidas
01-18-2007, 11:23 AM
yes i sort of mentioned that Relenzo but yeh it would be totally cool!

Relenzo2
01-18-2007, 11:52 AM
mentioned, what?

Daft Adidas
01-18-2007, 12:07 PM
a commander of some sort leading other grunts and telling them go here and there.

Redtech
01-18-2007, 01:49 PM
There just is NO challenge for anyone who had been playing for like 3 months, is there?
Got more challenge playing Halo 2 single player!

OK Here's an IDEA! Make decent single player levels. Not multiplay levels cut down...PROPER SP levels. Heck even Halo managed to fit squad-like bits into a game without removing the power of the main star.

Also, make sure it's co-op online and off.

Redtech
01-18-2007, 01:50 PM
a commander of some sort leading other grunts and telling them go here and there.A bit 'Republic Commando' isn't it? Could work if the game was more 'mature' ala the Battlefield series where you don't die so fast! (Seriously, screw Polis Massa!) If teamwork matters, that'd be cool. Heck you should gain points for working in teams (team captures, team kills, assists to frags etc).

Daft Adidas
01-18-2007, 01:59 PM
yes the only decent teamwork stuff is where they give you ammo or health that's it! More teamwork!

Fettscommander
01-18-2007, 04:52 PM
when you spawn you could get three or so team mates that follow you around and take orders like republic commando and have those cool defibulators.

Relenzo2
01-18-2007, 05:07 PM
defribulaters? I don't see how that fits into battefront... unless the clones are having heart attacks.

Titanius Anglesmith
01-18-2007, 08:20 PM
There should be no "squad commanding" in BFIII. If I want to play RC style, then I'll play RC. Maybe you could get a couple of guys to follow you around, but you shouldn't be able to give them constant orders. I want a game where I can just be some random soldier and participate in the great battles of the SW saga (and a few extras of course ;)).

Relenzo2
01-18-2007, 08:32 PM
I sorta agree, it is sort of like someone said erlier about playing the average soldier. However, when you're not the average soldier, it shoudln't play like the average soldier! And IT JUST DOESN"T MAKE ANY SENSE that the Clone Commanders have like no control. Has ANYONE watched the Clone Wars series? They don't jive.

jawathehutt
01-18-2007, 09:43 PM
then remove them, BF1 was fine with out them, also remove the profile rank, why the hell would a general be doing the exact same stuff as a private, at least make it realistic so the highest is captain or something

Fettscommander
01-18-2007, 10:48 PM
when I said defibulater i mean whatever that thing is you can use on your team mates on RC when they are near death, so you can use it in bf3 when a player is disintigrating on the ground ,so you can bring them back to life before they dissappear.

Daft Adidas
01-19-2007, 03:18 AM
yes, like other people in BF2 give some to you but you never give some to them, unless you die, lol!

Redtech
01-19-2007, 06:58 AM
How about....A MEDIC CLASS! Now there's an idea. A class that can revive those fragged (but not gibbed) within 30 seconds.

Or, if you want to be leet and copy BF2142, every starting rifleman can dish out medpacks, but apon "promotion" they get a defribulator for revival, but it's optional.

Relenzo2
01-19-2007, 07:56 AM
I don't think they're gonna copy 2142. We'll just buy it. And medic class... it might work, but in Star Wars, not even the medics get spared, so it migh be stupid. You couldn't even shoot the enemy.

Daft Adidas
01-19-2007, 10:52 AM
yes if your in ab ig frenzy and some guys being splattered.

"Hey mate i'll help you!" There gonna shoto at you if it takes thiry seconds so maybe five to ten."

MachineCult
01-19-2007, 12:08 PM
Check your posts for mistakes, you look like an idiot when you say "ab ig" and "shoto".

Daft Adidas
01-19-2007, 12:12 PM
ibut i;ve been eating cake. :D

Relenzo2
01-19-2007, 12:51 PM
That was funy agian, yes, but be warned, Aida: It won't be funny again.

Daft Adidas
01-19-2007, 12:55 PM
lol ok no more bad spelling i promise. :D back to topic more ideas?

Darth Newfie
01-19-2007, 03:50 PM
Put civilian craft in maps like coruscant streets or mos eisly that you can hijack without the fuisoncutter, and have animations for it. Or shoot the driver and remove th body.

Daft Adidas
01-19-2007, 03:56 PM
Oh my god Newfie good idea.

I just killed a few Droids on the streets of Coruscant and there are normal people, walking/running about and also low/high flying aircraft of normal people and you can hijack them.

:D Well done Newfie!

MachineCult
01-19-2007, 04:02 PM
No.
Battlefront is its own game it doesn't need to be turned into Grand theft auto f**king Star Wars.

Titanius Anglesmith
01-19-2007, 04:03 PM
Uh...no. I'd rather not have Star Wars: Grand Theft Speeder.

Daft Adidas
01-19-2007, 04:06 PM
lol yeh i guess so, well that's down the drain gee it's hard to think of good SWBF2 ideas without changing to another game. You have to keep it SWBF2ish.

lordzack
01-19-2007, 04:27 PM
Still, it makes sense. And it would only be a minor element on a few maps. You wouldn't do it on Dagobah or Hoth for example.

Titanius Anglesmith
01-19-2007, 04:30 PM
Actually, it doesn't make sense. Clones don't shoot civilians or steal their vehicles. And most likely, there wouldn't be any civilians walking around while a major battle is going on anyway, unless they just want to die.

Daft Adidas
01-19-2007, 04:32 PM
Yeh and even if they wanted to die they could by deathsticks.

Relenzo2
01-19-2007, 04:46 PM
lololol. Ah, well, it was a nice idea, but it died a quick death. Being like another game had stunted this thread considerably.

lordzack
01-19-2007, 04:49 PM
Actually, it doesn't make sense. Clones don't shoot civilians or steal their vehicles. And most likely, there wouldn't be any civilians walking around while a major battle is going on anyway, unless they just want to die.

They can't always get out of the way. Unfortunetly, many civilians have been killed in war. Clones or Rebels might not indiscrimently kill, but Stormtroopers would and have. Likely civilians would be running away from threats or hiding in they're houses or in bunkers. Where bombs might wipe them out. And they're speeders will be sitting around in the streets. If a Clone despertly needs transportation and they're aren't any friendly vehicles nearby...

TotoDestroy
01-20-2007, 03:18 AM
i think an upgrade to the space battles would be cool, like the ability to have wingmen, and if at all possible land to space battles.

Daft Adidas
01-20-2007, 03:44 AM
?? Ok wingmen would be ok but land to space battles? What the?

MachineCult
01-20-2007, 07:18 AM
Jesus Christ Aida. Battles on land and space at the same time. There is a few mod maps with that concept.

Daft Adidas
01-20-2007, 07:23 AM
i don't use mods i just like the game but it could di with a few better thigns done to it that's why we're here.

Relenzo2
01-20-2007, 09:00 AM
A few changes. Lookes like Aida has an understatement knack. IT NEEDS TWELVE PAGES OF FIXES, MY SIG IS DEDICATED TO THIS MAJOR TASK!

Daft Adidas
01-20-2007, 09:01 AM
lol, hmm well i hate weapons heating up! Reloading is ok every weapon should have to reload apart from sabres ect but heating up just gets on my nerves.

Relenzo2
01-20-2007, 10:42 AM
Heating up makes plenty opf sense and was always a good idea, especially with fighters. In WWII the pilot fired in small streams, not continuously, so the gunb wouldn't heat up.

Daft Adidas
01-20-2007, 10:50 AM
hmm but this is Star Wars super technology? Well maybe not SO MUCH heating up just a bit less.

Relenzo2
01-20-2007, 11:57 AM
Maybe a good idea for fighters there. I'm not sure that even the WWII fighters heated up so fast. :D

Daft Adidas
01-20-2007, 12:05 PM
yeah they do heat up fast! lol" :D

Relenzo2
01-20-2007, 12:17 PM
I'm going to say this again, BFII should have tactics. That would make my commmand ideas have more sense. But that system needs fixing, it sucks as it is.

lordzack
01-20-2007, 12:21 PM
A few changes. Lookes like Aida has an understatement knack. IT NEEDS TWELVE PAGES OF FIXES, MY SIG IS DEDICATED TO THIS MAJOR TASK!

And that's not including my old thread that was closed!

Daft Adidas
01-20-2007, 12:55 PM
yeh i read that but hadn't signed up yet and someone thought that KOTOR was a card game ^___^ anyway yeah and er the difference between space and land is stupid, land is easy! Space is gard they shoudl be fairly equal or before you play it asks.

Easy, Medium, Hard and Super Battlefront hard!

Fettscommander
01-20-2007, 03:52 PM
Maybe there could be space to space like your capital ship(s) almost dead you get in your ship jump to hyperspace appear in another space battle take one of those capital ships bring it back and finish off the enemy returning the barrowed ship when your done and defeat the gallaxy. Ha Ha Ha :vsd: :vsd: :vsd: :smash:

Daft Adidas
01-20-2007, 03:54 PM
hmmm. maybe i dunno i don't think two battles would be going on at the same time and hyperspace in Battlefront is just isn't right.

Fettscommander
01-20-2007, 03:59 PM
How about rain and snow and tornados and hurricanes and so on.

Daft Adidas
01-20-2007, 04:04 PM
hurricanes would be cool but silly but we kind of already have that, on Kamino it rains, Mygeeto it's snows, Tatooine sunny ect.

Relenzo2
01-20-2007, 05:16 PM
Yeah, but random waether would make it more realistiv, I think it would be cool.

Daft Adidas
01-20-2007, 05:38 PM
yeah random would be cool though!

Carlo El Sanchez
01-20-2007, 07:54 PM
Tatooine sandstorm's would be awsome, imagine a Stormtrooper being swept away.

Titanius Anglesmith
01-20-2007, 08:06 PM
The different types of weather on each planet should actually affect the aim, speed, and sight range of troops on the battlefield.

Carlo El Sanchez
01-20-2007, 08:20 PM
That would be annoying, but really realistic and cool at the same time...i'd like that.

jawathehutt
01-20-2007, 10:29 PM
sounds like more of an annoyance, I wouldnt mind having like snow to slightly limit your vision but it would just be lame if the RNG was being unlucky and you kept getting pulled up by the sandstorm.

Darth Andrew
01-20-2007, 10:44 PM
I think it would be best if it only slowed you down (like you are going against the wind), and not swept you off your feet. Unless it is a tornado. :D

Fettscommander
01-21-2007, 12:08 AM
hey how bout geysers and lava and volcanos mwahahaha

Daft Adidas
01-21-2007, 07:20 AM
only on Mustafar though and er if it' sunny you are a bit slower coz your hot and sweaty!

Relenzo2
01-21-2007, 10:54 AM
Or you could could just make panting and heavy breathing sounds. :)

Daft Adidas
01-21-2007, 11:31 AM
lo yeh nice one Relenzo. :D

Fettscommander
01-21-2007, 02:14 PM
OOO New wepon: sucks air away from enemy and they make that cool choking sound. slowely depleating their health.

Daft Adidas
01-21-2007, 02:17 PM
maybe not sure on that one.

Fettscommander
01-21-2007, 02:27 PM
how bout an auto turret that does that and spreads out in a large area and if the enemy tries to take that certain shortcut BOOM!hes dead before he get to the other side.

Daft Adidas
01-21-2007, 02:42 PM
how did you make BOOM! so big?

Yeh cool dea.

Fettscommander
01-21-2007, 02:47 PM
I clicked the [Size] drop down arrow clicked 7 And typed BOOM! in the new dialoug box.

Daft Adidas
01-21-2007, 03:14 PM
like thisBOOM!

Anyway back to ideas.

Relenzo2
01-21-2007, 04:21 PM
how would you suck all his air away in an open space???

Fettscommander
01-21-2007, 04:34 PM
It sets up an invisible force field kinda like the gun gan city. exept no air.

Daft Adidas
01-21-2007, 04:39 PM
rofl! Lol! Let's move on!

Fettscommander
01-21-2007, 05:05 PM
Random crashing items from space that can harm you.

Carlo El Sanchez
01-21-2007, 07:14 PM
ok, this will be my last 'non searious' post on this topic, but wouldn't it be cool if you could use kung fu moves ? imagine C3-PO going Bruce Lee on Jaba the Hutt.

Relenzo2
01-21-2007, 07:24 PM
*everybody ws kung fu fighting. na na na na....*
lol. C3-PO can barely move his body but I always thought Twi-leks should have some sort of matrial art.

Titanius Anglesmith
01-21-2007, 10:02 PM
Wow, this thread is turning into an absolute "one-line-post spamfest."

And this "suck-the-air-away-from-enemies gun" really doesn't make any sense at all. It's much more effective to just shoot them and be done with it.

Fettscommander
01-21-2007, 10:56 PM
the turret part would work. like an auto turret

Daft Adidas
01-22-2007, 03:17 AM
Yeh also killing people takes a while you gave to give em 16 shots usualy. It should be real two or three to kill but for you it should be slightly more.

Redtech
01-22-2007, 06:33 AM
That's only because bullets travel so slow. It takes about 5 shots, but they are so innacurate and slow that it takes many more to actually connect.

Daft Adidas
01-22-2007, 10:58 AM
ok thanks Redtech.

Carlo El Sanchez
01-22-2007, 06:54 PM
BFIII should be more realistic, not just the turrets but normal weapons you sometimes gotta shoot so many times at an enemy so they die.

Daft Adidas
01-23-2007, 03:18 AM
havn't we spoke out making BFIII more REALISTIC ALLL THE TIME!

Yes the better the gun easier kill the crappier the gun the harder the kill but BFII kinda has that already.

Carlo El Sanchez
01-23-2007, 03:21 AM
Yeah but i get owned so easily! im so good at BF lol but if im in the middle of a shot i get owned by Gungans even!

Redtech
01-23-2007, 06:34 AM
Note how the 'l33t' rifle projectiles travel faster and are more accurate...Hmmm, maybe it should be more like that by default? (But less damage per bullet).

Relenzo2
01-25-2007, 10:56 AM
Dude, there is no shame in getting owned by gungans. Especially if they're militgungs.

Daft Adidas
01-25-2007, 11:20 AM
When i'm Mace Windu i always get killed by the stupid geonosians even when i'm blocking fire. Arrgh!

lordzack
01-25-2007, 11:52 AM
They're is however shame in getting owned by Jar Jar...

Carlo El Sanchez
01-26-2007, 02:39 AM
I don't think anybody answeared my question in one of the mod forums, is there a mod were you can play as a geonosian ?

Daft Adidas
01-26-2007, 02:58 AM
YOU ALREADY CAN CARLO! gee go onto Geonosis and play hunt and pick the Geonosioans.

Carlo El Sanchez
01-26-2007, 03:28 AM
What!? really? damn...i havn't played ages...but iv always tried on the Xbox version and didn't find that option, perhaps i never played a hunt match

TSR
01-26-2007, 06:47 AM
idiot...

Relenzo2
01-26-2007, 07:59 AM
Err, for one here I don't think Jar Jar is in BFII. Also, good for you, YOU SHOULDN'T be able to block a sonic whatever-that-is-again. Speaking of which, little known problem: Jedi can block fire, no I mean FIRE fire, in BFII. Not very good physics.

Daft Adidas
01-26-2007, 10:31 AM
i didn't think Jar Jar was in it either. Well i have had times when magna guards shoot at me and i can block it back but they always attack Mace and the normal clones don't get hit so much. Hmm.

Relenzo2
01-27-2007, 08:50 AM
No, , no, I mean FIRE! The kind that burns! Like, flamethrower!!

Fettscommander
01-27-2007, 01:28 PM
Yeah I hate that whole block thing. Especially when they block rockets.

Daft Adidas
01-27-2007, 02:05 PM
oh fire lol i think the blocking things is good and should not be changed but there are other improovments to be made.

jawathehutt
01-27-2007, 09:27 PM
I think we should order 66 every hero in the game and then none of this would matter

Fettscommander
01-28-2007, 02:19 PM
That would be fun.

Redtech
01-29-2007, 09:00 AM
Damn straight. Let's have skills because we actually can play, not because I'm playing as a no-res version of Luke Skywalker and look like a rebel pilot.

Relenzo2
01-29-2007, 01:03 PM
All in favor, say aye! (AYE!)

Darth Newfie
01-29-2007, 05:21 PM
It just really pisses me off that a jedi can block a rocket in Bf 1 and 2. That is just stupid. Its also stupid that a saber can block a flamethroer.

Note - Jango and Boba have a flamethrower right? In the film, Jango had the flamethrower built into his wrist. Boba had a wrist blaster like an SBD. This should have been in BF 2.

i think that since so many people complain about heros, and that so many people love the heros, just make them an option on the main menu, that way there are no complaints.

Darth Newfie
01-29-2007, 05:31 PM
It just really pisses me off that a jedi can block a rocket in Bf 1 and 2. That is just stupid. Its also stupid that a saber can block a flamethroer.

Note - Jango and Boba have a flamethrower right? In the film, Jango had the flamethrower built into his wrist. Boba had a wrist blaster like an SBD. This should have been in BF 2.

i think that since so many people complain about heros, and that so many people love the heros, just make them an option on the main menu, that way there are no complaints.