PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Battlefront III - Supah Thread! [Retired]

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Darth Newfie
01-29-2007, 05:32 PM
Sorry for the triple post, what happened there, that was an accident.

lordzack
01-29-2007, 06:36 PM
I do not want heroes to be removed. Why? Because they're fun. And that's all that matters.

Titanius Anglesmith
01-29-2007, 07:14 PM
You know, Darth Newfie, you can edit and delete your posts.

I do not want heroes to be removed. Why? Because they're fun. And that's all that matters.
I actually would like heroes removed. "Why", you ask? Because it's Battlefront, not Jedi Knight. I never play as a hero in BFII anyway, actually I rarely play BFII at all anymore, since BFI is way better.

lordzack
01-30-2007, 12:06 PM
Yes, battlefronts, where Jedi are often found.

Daft Adidas
01-30-2007, 04:23 PM
I'm not bothered if heroes are there or not but maybe JUST on Mos Eisly Assualt. :) :) :) Annnnnnnnnnnyway there should be multiple maps per planets for definite!

Daft Adidas
01-31-2007, 03:00 AM
((try not to smiley spam ok?)) We'll think about something to do with Order 66.

jawathehutt
01-31-2007, 10:23 PM
So every battle that took place had a hero who singlehandedly won the battle, I dont remember that ever happening ever. No matter how good a jedi/sith was, he couldnt take thousands of shots and it was the battle between the grunts that won the battles, the heros were like snipers, they mostly just cause chaos and lower morale.

Daft Adidas
02-01-2007, 03:06 AM
I agree agree agreee and agree but should heroes be kept or not?

Redtech
02-01-2007, 09:52 AM
I say nah except in single player which like Halo SHOULD BE DIFFERENT FROM THE MP! Problem solved. Jedi in SP but off in multi, but make a decent single player campaign with actual levels and whatever.

Relenzo2
02-01-2007, 05:02 PM

They could still be on the battlefronts, but you couldn't play them. Problem solved. There was a map like that once... forget which on it was...

jawathehutt
02-01-2007, 09:13 PM
so they would be BF1 heroes basically

Daft Adidas
02-02-2007, 02:55 AM
Yeh! and this time you can kill em for LOTS of points.

Relenzo2
02-02-2007, 08:21 AM
Hmmm... Naaah.

Justus
02-04-2007, 10:12 AM
I would like full customization on ground maps, and space maps if at all possible. Being able to pick the kind of mech units to use on a map would be pretty nice, also would like to see the space maps a bit larger to allow some nice space battles. Got kind of boring just flying and damaging sub-systems and frigates, more depth and objectives would be nice. Also bringing back star fighters for ground levels would be a plus

No more Hoth or Endor maps, new or original planets would be a welcome sight. Hoth is a snooze fest anymore, and has been for the past 12 years or so of Star Wars gaming - Endor just seems to be a staple of Battlefront, and there isn't much diversity to the map at all really. Only exception I have to the no Hoth or Endor map is maybe have them as MP only maps.

Galactic Conquest should be a bit larger, perhaps include different planets that encompass the entire Star Wars saga - or close to it anyway. Even adding planets like Manaan, Korriban, and Corellia would be a nice addition. I would personally like to see planets on the scale of say the Star Wars Galaxies planets - yeah a pipe dream to be sure, but huge maps with alot of diversity is what I like. I want HUGE battles, the battles in Battlefront while nice, seem to be small in scope.

Jasper_Kazai
02-04-2007, 12:08 PM
I'd like maps that integrate both land and air combat very well... Like that Bespin map in SWBF1, except that the air space should be made larger for more room to fly.

I do sort of like the heroes and villains, but the Hero vs. Villain maps are just plain retarded. Those should be removed. And the heroes/villains need to be nerfed. Yes, I understand how they're above the common soldier, but what we have now is ridiculous.

jawathehutt
02-04-2007, 01:16 PM
No more Hoth or Endor maps, new or original planets would be a welcome sight. Hoth is a snooze fest anymore, and has been for the past 12 years or so of Star Wars gaming - Endor just seems to be a staple of Battlefront, and there isn't much diversity to the map at all really. Only exception I have to the no Hoth or Endor map is maybe have them as MP only maps.

if you dont like these maps, dont play them. There is nothing forcing you to play them, I personally like both.

I do sort of like the heroes and villains, but the Hero vs. Villain maps are just plain retarded. Those should be removed. And the heroes/villains need to be nerfed. Yes, I understand how they're above the common soldier, but what we have now is ridiculous.

While I agree with your nerfing, your idea on removing HvsV, I disagree with. Like the person above you, I say this, if you dont like that kind of map, dont play it.

Daft Adidas
02-04-2007, 03:07 PM
Yes the bf producers are not gonna get rid of these maps JUST for you are they? I say keep most of the maps.

TSR
02-04-2007, 03:15 PM
I WANT BESPIN PLATFROMS BACK

azimnj
02-04-2007, 05:28 PM
anyway atleast there should be an option if you want to play as a hero when you earned enough points or not.
1)i think you should play in space battles who you want to be(for example,you could be the naboo side vs trade federation)now there isnt a naboo cruiser as big as republic cruisers(the one that was at battle over coruscant)so the ships would be at land.interceptor:n1 light starfighter.bomber:n1 advanced starfighter.
normal ship:n1 starfighter.transport:naboo royal cruiser(cmon its not that big).anyway it would be fun to get on a ship on land and fly to space to deal with the trade federation,wouldnt it?
2)there would be 2 maps for each planet(maybe not all of it but definitely the ones that had order 66,for example:on mission mode,mygeeto,in the first level you play as kiadimundi and in the second you play as bacara,because in revenge of the sith the clones have to get the superlaser,and when kiadimundi dies,the mission is incomplete).
3)cmon,the magnaguards should have their electrostaffs,they never were with blasters of some kind.

Justus
02-04-2007, 06:54 PM
A longer single player campaign would be nice, and a bit more difficult to boot. BF2 was super easy even on the hardest difficulty.

Will be interesting to see if they utilize the tech that the PS3 has brought forth, or that my uber gaming PC is. Not many games have even made it sweat yet though.

Yeah Hoth and Endor sucks, need new maps there too. Unless you like revisiting the same maps over and over only in a new box, but hey more power to you guys on that one.

TSR
02-04-2007, 07:03 PM
A longer single player campaign would be nice, and a bit more difficult to boot. BF2 was super easy even on the hardest difficulty.

I love you. you are one of the few people i have met that also agrees with me :D

Relenzo2
02-05-2007, 07:55 AM
AYE! Again. And I like the idea of playing as the naboo! THey had you fight the royal guard once in the campaign... There should be the Imperial Shock troopers in the game! To differ from the 501st.

Daft Adidas
02-05-2007, 11:09 AM
Again! If you don't like the map don't play it!!!!!

A hunt battle in theed where you can play droids or Royal Guards. :)

Jasper_Kazai
02-07-2007, 10:46 AM
A hunt battle in theed where you can play droids or Royal Guards. :)The point of hunt is to pit a faction versus an indigenous species. Droids are not indigenous.

TSR
02-07-2007, 10:54 AM
Jawa's and Tusken Raiders are "indigenous species", but they're against eachother ;)

Daft Adidas
02-07-2007, 11:20 AM
Well sorry mr Jasper! Hmm then we should have............. i just thought have we actually thought of a good idea for BF3 at all?

Titanius Anglesmith
02-07-2007, 02:58 PM
There really needs to be a hunt mode on Jabba's Palace so you can play as the Gamorreans.

Daft Adidas
02-07-2007, 04:03 PM
YEH! i wanna be a gamorrean! Finnaly we have something!

Relenzo2
02-07-2007, 08:01 PM
For crying out loud... the droids are the faction, the guards would be indigenous.

TSR
02-08-2007, 04:01 AM
Relenzo, take a f*****g chill pill. What does it matter?

Daft Adidas
02-08-2007, 07:14 AM
this is my fault I should not have said that.

*hits head three times, no make it four*

Carlo El Sanchez
02-09-2007, 05:18 AM
It's valentines soon so grab a gfriend! Who do you like?

I choo-choo-choose you Darth Aida. :3heart::heart3:

Daft Adidas
02-09-2007, 08:55 AM
are you a girl or a boy? i'd prefer a girl coz i'm a boy. Anyway i'm already attached to someone.

On topic- More ideas anyone? Ones which won't go down the drain?

Carlo El Sanchez
02-09-2007, 07:37 PM
lol...i think its pretty obvious im a guy and its a joke, but anyway yeah get back to talking bout BFIII

Daft Adidas
02-10-2007, 06:52 AM
that was ridicoulous (spelling?) joke. It was a bit g**. No offence.

-Now comeo n people talk about BF3! It's time for me and carlo to criticise your ideas! Muwuahahaha!

TSR
02-10-2007, 07:25 AM
Eh...*Thinks of something that hasnt already been said*

*gives up*

jawathehutt
02-10-2007, 08:23 AM
They should change hoth back to the BF1 hoth, this hoth made the rebels go on offense which is retarded, they defended it.

MachineCult
02-10-2007, 09:27 AM

-Now comeo n people talk about BF3! It's time for me and carlo to criticise your ideas! Muwuahahaha!
It wasn't gay, Aida is a girls name you tw*t. It would be less embarassing if you just told everyone it's a typo and you're really called Darth Aids.

Daft Adidas
02-10-2007, 09:48 AM
oh well easy come easy go.

Jawa has a nice little idea there dam but i have not got BF1 just two so i can't really say.

Titanius Anglesmith
02-10-2007, 05:36 PM
Darth Aids
That is quite possibly the greatest darth name I've ever seen. :lol:

Carlo El Sanchez
02-10-2007, 06:40 PM

It's supose to sound g** thats what makes it so funny.

aubob
02-11-2007, 05:49 AM
you dont have an ai that when you land a gunship in a hager takes off and crashes into a wall

I hate how the ships are on the ground and BOOM!!!!! bye bye gunship

Relenzo2
02-11-2007, 09:08 AM
Wow. A little late to comment on that thought, don't you think? It was only fourtteen pages ago.

Henz
02-11-2007, 10:19 AM
Darth Aids, lol

Daft Adidas
02-11-2007, 11:07 AM
come on guys this is a thread to talk about BF3 not annoy DA about aids! It's not even funny and think about the people who DO have aids? huh? that's sad. shame on you guys. Fourteen pages ago? It says 56 for me!

It's supose to sound g** thats what makes it so funny.

Yeh i get you Carlo, lol.

Darth Aids, lol.

You have no right to comment on that.

Soooooooooooo......

Well the space battles they seem er how should I say, not very dogfightish? There should make it looks like there are more fighters and have big dogfights but then you might get killed. :( Also the other ships leaving your hangar just go up and defend the ship. Their should be more going for attack!

Henz
02-11-2007, 04:02 PM
Darth Aids, lol

I wanna use Qui-Gon as a hero on the Naboo level.

MachineCult
02-11-2007, 04:48 PM
You have no right to comment on that.

You can't tell people what they can and can't comment on Darth Nancy.

Daft Adidas
02-11-2007, 04:52 PM
look you you have hardly been on this thread unless you was here near the start and you don't just jump in and laugh with others it's like your at work and there's a load of people laughing and you start laughing with them then someone says Who the heck are you? Quouted from Lynk Former.

Have you read this thread? We are getting rid of heroes!

Also it's in the rules that you are not aloud to spam (one liners!) like Darth Aids lol. So if you are going to speak in this thread speak without spamming ok? If you want to give in an idea make it a sensible one!

TSR
02-11-2007, 06:51 PM
lol yuo hav aids

So, anyone got any new, original ideas yet?

*s******s*

MachineCult
02-11-2007, 07:39 PM
look you you have hardly been on this thread unless you was here near the start and you don't just jump in and laugh with others it's like your at work and there's a load of people laughing and you start laughing with them then someone says Who the heck are you? Quouted from Lynk Former.

Also it's in the rules that you are not aloud to spam (one liners!) like Darth Aids lol. So if you are going to speak in this thread speak without spamming ok? If you want to give in an idea make it a sensible one!
WTF are you going on about? Who the f*ck are you? I hate when little kids come onto this forum and start telling you how to post. Why don't you try posting in proper english so that you actually make sense, and stop b*tching because people have noticed your girls/homosexuality or intravenous drug related disease typo name.

And I haven't heard any sensible ideas from you, taking into account that "getting rid of heroes" bullsh*t.

jawathehutt
02-11-2007, 11:26 PM

I seriously suggest you leave or apologize. You joined in December and you have 700 some posts. Do you know how many of those are spam and useless posts, most of them. You just told a forum regular to be less of a spammer. You haven't even been on this board for more than a half year and yet you have the nerve to come in and insult someone who's a thousand times more mature than you and has been here years more than you. You seriously need to rethink what you say. Ya know what, he was here in the beginning, so were the people who had GOOD ideas, like paranoidandriod and such. But many of them don't visit any more. Unfortunately, people like you have replaced them. People who need to grow up and be less idiots. Ive held my tounge out side of PMs until now but now I cant take it. This board has gone from a fountain of good ideas to idiots like you spamming. Never and I mean never post **** like that again, do you understand? And this doesn't just go to you, this goes to most of you who have joined in the last few months.
Oh, and to everyone who thinks smilies are the funniest things ever, their not, their just lame, use them rarely.

Carlo El Sanchez
02-12-2007, 12:32 AM
Lol calling him Darth Aids is so funny, have a sense of humour about it Aids...just a joke.

Daft Adidas
02-12-2007, 06:16 AM
i know it's a joke but some people have aids which isn't funny.

I think I remember from when the old people were around but I had not joined yet you but what where the old good ideas? So we can talk about them again? Huh?

MachineCult
02-12-2007, 06:44 AM
I seriously suggest you leave or apologize. You joined in December and you have 700 some posts. Do you know how many of those are spam and useless posts, most of them. You just told a forum regular to be less of a spammer. You haven't even been on this board for more than a half year and yet you have the nerve to come in and insult someone who's a thousand times more mature than you and has been here years more than you. You seriously need to rethink what you say. Ya know what, he was here in the beginning, so were the people who had GOOD ideas, like paranoidandriod and such. But many of them don't visit any more. Unfortunately, people like you have replaced them. People who need to grow up and be less idiots. Ive held my tounge out side of PMs until now but now I cant take it. This board has gone from a fountain of good ideas to idiots like you spamming. Never and I mean never post **** like that again, do you understand? And this doesn't just go to you, this goes to most of you who have joined in the last few months.
Oh, and to everyone who thinks smilies are the funniest things ever, their not, their just lame, use them rarely.
QFT.

Well said, jawathehutt.

swphreak
02-12-2007, 11:38 AM
I don't feel like going through and deleting/editing posts. So the next person who says Darth Aids or mentions it is getting a lengthy ban.

Henz
02-12-2007, 12:47 PM
I don't listen to authority figures, but since Phreak is so cool, he's giving me one more chance, but I think the next person is doomed.

Isn't repetition of previous ideas spamming as well? We're all fooked then really aren't we in this 500-odd post thread.

I hate super-strictness on boards. Things are much more interesting when topics get absract hehe.

I think heroes should stay, but with the option of turning them off. They get annoying fast. Sometimes it's funny to go chop people up though.

Daft Adidas
02-12-2007, 03:23 PM
yeh it can be but the lightsabres are so unrealistic on assault, I mean when you kill someone they curl up in a ball! It does make me laugh sometimes though. It would be cool if one swing from a sabre knocked them or killed out though. Still I don't care about stupid heroes nobody will miss em eh? I'm wasting my time talking about it!

Maybe planting charges might be a good idea, or maybe not?

Titanius Anglesmith
02-12-2007, 04:22 PM
This thread really has gotten out of control. If no one has any good and new ideas, then just don't post. There's no reason to bring up old ideas and say pointless things about them just to keep the thread alive. That would be called spam - something that many of the more active people in this thread recently know a lot about.

Daft Adidas
02-12-2007, 04:34 PM
I can't go look through the whole therad to see if someone has said that idea can I? This thread has gone on for so long all the good ideas are gone. It's a shame if only someone has a very, very, very nice brain with booming ideas. :(

jawathehutt
02-12-2007, 05:56 PM
*cries out for Paranoidandroid* Where are you and your genus ideas?

Fettscommander
02-12-2007, 09:33 PM
How bout less complaining about nobody having ideas and start thinking of some. For instance customizable armor to buy with points you earned. It does not have to be a good idea because it might help someone else come up with a good one. but stop getting off toppic and posting the same stuff over and over.

Carlo El Sanchez
02-13-2007, 12:32 AM
Ok people...don't get carried away, back to BFIII...soooo has anybody pre-ordered it or anything yet ?

Diego Varen
02-13-2007, 01:45 AM
These are my suggestions and they have been suggested before. Anyway I suggest:

Maps - The maps from Battlefront I (Like Rhen Var), should be brought back into Battlefront III. Also, the maps should be able to be playable for each era. If the Clone Wars is avaliable on the Death Star, then surely every era should be avaliable on every map.

Factions - There should be more of these. Maybe some KOTOR or NJO factions. All factions should each have a strength and weakness and keep their unique units, like Destroyer Droids.

Heroes/Villians - They should be less powered down, but still playable and more heroes should be put in. Lando, maybe even Revan.

Carlo El Sanchez
02-13-2007, 02:49 AM
These are my suggestions and they have been suggested before. Anyway I suggest:

Maps - The maps from Battlefront I (Like Rhen Var), should be brought back into Battlefront III. Also, the maps should be able to be playable for each era. If the Clone Wars is avaliable on the Death Star, then surely every era should be avaliable on every map.

Factions - There should be more of these. Maybe some KOTOR or NJO factions. All factions should each have a strength and weakness and keep their unique units, like Destroyer Droids.

Heroes/Villians - They should be less powered down, but still playable and more heroes should be put in. Lando, maybe even Revan.
Revan ? what are you talking about, BF is based on the real Star Wars stories...they wouldn't put KOTOR characters in it, even though it would rock.

Daft Adidas
02-13-2007, 04:49 AM
yes well if they are going to add the space to ground thing then have several docking bays for your ships which can also act as command posts and you may take over enemy bays but they can take over yours. huh?

Diego Varen
02-13-2007, 05:23 AM
Revan ? what are you talking about, BF is based on the real Star Wars stories...they wouldn't put KOTOR characters in it, even though it would rock.

Well, Battlefront has become boring being set in the normal Star Wars Saga and adding stories like the Mandalorian Wars would make Battlefront III a lot better, with a chance for a new storyline, like the Rise of the Empire.

Daft Adidas
02-13-2007, 05:45 AM
maybe for a different star wars battlefront like SWBF The Mandalorian Wars but I doubt that will happen.

MachineCult
02-13-2007, 07:57 AM
No that would be stupid. They have the Galactic Civil War and the Clone Wars in one game, why wouldn't they put a third era into the same game?

Relenzo2
02-13-2007, 09:06 AM
Done, done, this page has been previously done.. except for putting in Old Republic Era. I kinda like it! hmmm... You realize it you did you'd have to have Jedi in it. Obviously. I have never played KOTOR but from what I've heard all the Republic is fighting is mostly the Sith.

TSR
02-13-2007, 09:44 AM
Yes. Neither Malak, Nihilius, Traya nor Sleeps-with-vibroblades posed much of a Jedi/sithy threat...

Henz
02-13-2007, 02:39 PM
No that would be stupid. They have the Galactic Civil War and the Clone Wars in one game, why wouldn't they put a third era into the same game?
I'll take a wild stab at this one....

...hmmm....

...erm.....

...more fun and new things to do? (lol)

Won't happen though.

Daft Adidas
02-13-2007, 03:09 PM
do they have parachutes in BF? that might be an option.

MachineCult
02-13-2007, 04:45 PM
^^^Parachutes in Star Wars? You can't be serious.
I'll take a wild stab at this one....
...more fun and new things to do? (lol)

Won't happen though.
I said why WOULDN'T they put a third one in.

TSR
02-13-2007, 04:45 PM
Erm, no. Funnily enough, neither do any of the books, comics or films...

jawathehutt
02-13-2007, 05:17 PM
I think a DotA sort of space map would be cool where theres like 3 ways to the main enemy space station or flagship or base and each has a relatively powerful space station/ capturable cap ship that has a random faction in it, be they reactivated droids(in the GCW) or pirates in both eras, maybe some escaped wampas or something. You would fight to take these and then you could use them to defend(if it was a spacestation) or attack(if its a cap. ship) Naturaly, you would need multiple cap ships that are drivable for this to work. It would also help if you got firgates that could be driven and had a small hanger, maybe only a few multipurpose ships but their main focus would be either anti-starship or anti-big ship depending on the frigate. The goal would be to kill or capture something at the other side of the map that belongs to the enemy. This would make the round combine space and ground combat to win. I know this has been said before by me but it was in the old locked post from a while ago so I might as well post it.

Fettscommander
02-13-2007, 06:11 PM
anyone for lockable doors? that you have to blow open with a rocket

DanteRedson
02-13-2007, 06:49 PM
anyone for lockable doors? that you have to blow open with a rocket

that would be awesome!

TKT101
02-13-2007, 08:46 PM
Lockable doors should be in the game but not to be blow up a rocket. It should have device or some kind of time bomb to blow it open. Darth Aida has a point parachutes are cool but they should be kind of like gliding boster packs or something.

TSR
02-13-2007, 08:47 PM
Or jump packs, like the Dark And ARC troopers perchance?

DanteRedson
02-13-2007, 08:54 PM
what about detpacks on the doors?

lordzack
02-13-2007, 08:56 PM
Just about any explosive device could work, provided it has enough power.

Fettscommander
02-13-2007, 08:58 PM
what about detpacks on the doors?
that would work too. But I mean: there is a controll panal right? right. so if the in side controll panal is destroyed the outside one must be blown by lets say 2 rockets. if the inside is still in tact the out side just takes a blast shot to destroy.

DanteRedson
02-13-2007, 09:36 PM
SWBF3 should have more units and three more factions like the Yuuzhan Vong, Army of Light, and the Brotherhood of Darkness. There should also be more capital ships in space battles.

Fettscommander
02-13-2007, 10:32 PM
SWBF3 should have more units and three more factions like the Yuuzhan Vong, Army of Light, and the Brotherhood of Darkness. There should also be more capital ships in space battles.
Maybe a pick your 2 factions thing before you play each time out of 10 factions

jawathehutt
02-13-2007, 10:38 PM
I really want to see a jango vs boba fight that doesnt end up with someone being TKd

DanteRedson
02-13-2007, 10:39 PM
Yeah, I couldn't think of any other faction other than the Yuuzhan Vong that happened between the Clone Wars and the Galactic Civil War.

Fettscommander
02-13-2007, 10:42 PM
other factions could be just the naboo, gun gans, trandosion, civllian, or maybe 50 meter tall monsters

DanteRedson
02-13-2007, 10:50 PM
Okay, those would work too!

Fettscommander
02-13-2007, 10:54 PM
what do you think of buying upgrades to improve your wepon in ways not said befor. so say for the sniper rifle: Normal 2nd zoom :twogun: <-----thats you ------------------------------->the zoom goes out this far.
You win the battle earn some credits and upgrade your sniper rifle. now thw zoom goes out this far: ------------------------------------------------------------------------->

DanteRedson
02-13-2007, 10:58 PM
That would be a lot better then earning points for how meny times you use a weapon.

Fettscommander
02-13-2007, 11:02 PM
That would be a lot better then earning points for how meny times you use a weapon.
I'll say. Plus once you get to ledgendary it automaticly puts the special wepon up when you change from it to another weapon and back. I hated that award rifle
:blast5:

DanteRedson
02-13-2007, 11:10 PM
Doesn't that happen in SWBF 2 when ever you get legendary. Hey, I hated that award sniper rifle with one zoom. And when ever I try to snipe a guy in a turret because it always misses the target.

Fettscommander
02-13-2007, 11:13 PM
Doesn't that happen in SWBF 2 when ever you get legendary. Hey, I hated that award sniper rifle with one zoom. And when ever I try to snipe a guy in a turret because it always misses the target.
exactly my point

PoiuyWired
02-14-2007, 04:21 AM
We all know that they nerf the Sniper too much. Well partly because of the uber sniper space cannon spam. BUT THIS IS TOO MUCH. Not being able to have a crosshair unzoomed w/o a piece of scotchtape is a b1tch.

I'll say. Plus once you get to ledgendary it automaticly puts the special wepon up when you change from it to another weapon and back. I hated that award rifle
:blast5:

award Rifle or award sniper rifle? award rifle is different from the regular, but still nice. It is a nice long range gun which is usually one burst kill.

Relenzo2
02-14-2007, 08:49 AM
The reason they don't have parachutes is that in Star Wars they just rappel all the way down from fivehundred feet.

Daft Adidas
02-14-2007, 11:15 AM
finally we're getting somewhere! Blowing up doors? ok maybe with some device, time bom ect...... Shields to ceratin places which can be shut down? Guarding some cps?

Halo_92
02-14-2007, 11:57 AM
You know what I would like?

Mos Eiesly(sp) with more cityness. I mean Its the same buildings over and over agian.
Maybe a little interactiveness maybe? To be able to go into buildings and them greatfully giving you health. And those stupid little Jawas! They are always in the way.
maybe a few higher buildings? kinda like a skyscraper of two?

Maybe some Melee combat? Halo kicks arse because u can bash people over the head with you rifle.

Also A map in that awesome bar on Courscant would Friggin awesome. perfect for team deathmatch and conquest.

Set it up like in two alleys in the bar, there would be the red/blue team's little point thingys, then set a few up in the bar and stuff. Nudey Dancers would fit right in on that level. :naughty:

Relenzo2
02-14-2007, 12:31 PM
Hey, I've got an idea for improvement. How come old guys with who lived a hundred years could do better water with oil paint than we can with miricle video graphic tech?

DanteRedson
02-14-2007, 12:54 PM
They should also put the maps in from SWBF1, like Bespin: Cloud City and Tatooine: Dune Sea; along with new maps.

Daft Adidas
02-14-2007, 12:59 PM
^ we mentioned that.

@ Halo that's a nice idea i agree mos eisly really bad maps! Melee combat? Maybe, possibly.

DanteRedson
02-14-2007, 01:01 PM
really, because i didn't know realize that.

Daft Adidas
02-14-2007, 01:03 PM
^ what the? What I hate is you can hardly jump or climb! Climb some ladders or over wall ect if you don't want to blow them to pieces which can also be an idea!

These ideas r getting sweet!

DanteRedson
02-14-2007, 01:22 PM
The rancor in Jabba's Palace should be able to move around instead of just standing in one place and you should have to kill it which can be real challenge. They should also give you the ability to lay prone like SWBF1.

TSR
02-14-2007, 01:46 PM
I love Eisley the way it is, Its my favourite map of all time, beating platforms :D

Which, i'll repeat, needs to be included again in BFIII

Relenzo2
02-15-2007, 08:37 AM
Hmm, acrobatics? Well, maybe you should be able to hit the deck in BFII. Ladders, I don't know... where would you find them?

Henz
02-15-2007, 06:29 PM
I love Eisley the way it is, Its my favourite map of all time, beating platforms :D

Which, i'll repeat, needs to be included again in BFIII
Keep Eisley. Add Espa. A more crowded level, maybe even big enough to incorporate the Pod Race arena at the same time.

3-way battles. Touched upon occassionally, but you should be able to be a third side. I like the idea of the 3 sides being against each other too. Not sure how many instances that would occur in though (sand people would be a definate)

If they keep the heroes, for the love of god give the bad guys some dignity. They're pretty much ALL complete ****e.

Relenzo2
02-16-2007, 08:43 AM
lol. But having a whole pod race track in a level is, well, how is that going to work, they're big. I mean bigger even than you think, cause you only ever see most of em compared to those huge pods.

And just for my own credit with all this 3 sides battless... I suggested that a long time ago :)

At least the bad guys do have maul.

Titanius Anglesmith
02-16-2007, 11:01 AM
And just for my own credit with all this 3 sides battless... I suggested that a long time ago :)
You wouldn't be the first one.

jawathehutt
02-16-2007, 05:01 PM
I think maybe having a section of the track would make for a good map, or perhaps another track somewhere else, it could have maybe some abbandoned pod racers scattered about, you would be able to use them but they would slowly fall apart from years of lack of matenence which would injure you, leave you stranded but not make them things that people never use and in the event that someone was having really bad RNG luck, tehy wouldnt just keep dieing.

Another idea I had which like every idea, has been said in the old wishlist post is changed terrain in eras. The first rise of the empire map which is on Geonosis makes great use of this. Instead of appearing to have been cleaned over completely in a matter of years even on back water planets and appearing the same in both eras, this map appears how a battlefield would look if you fought a battle, lost a lot of men and machines and left. There are corpses everywhere. Destroyed vehicles dot the surroundings. You can use some of the turrets since unlike Battlefront makes you believe, vehicles dont just disenetigrate instantly after a few rocket shots. This should be put in maps where it would make sense. Obviously, this wouldnt work for places like Theed since its a city so they would clean up but places like Felucia, Mustafar and Rhen Var dont have many inhabitants and they certainly wouldnt risk their lives to go clean up a giant battlefield. Even in places like Mos Eisly, you could maybe find a dead clone in an ally, and who says it has to be a fighter, maybe it could just be some guy who owed some money, with a small amount of programing, they could randomly change the images of the dead things.

Daft Adidas
02-16-2007, 05:06 PM
yes verygood. What i don't like is that as soon as you kill someone they just disappear and veichles too like you said. If you've had to fight of ten people then you'll have to walk right over them and fallen veichles can make cover and can be fixed maybe aswell. Might not work for at's though.

DanteRedson
02-16-2007, 06:10 PM
The units could get new weapons like vibroblades, wielding two pistols, and swords. The Rebels new unit can be a Rebel inflitrators. The Empires new unit can be a Shadowtrooper. The CIS's new unit can be a Grapple droid. The Republics new unit can be Covert Ops clone trooper. Kind of like stealth units, if you think of it that way!

MachineCult
02-16-2007, 07:41 PM
The units could get new weapons like vibroblades, wielding two pistols, and swords. The Rebels new unit can be a Rebel inflitrators.
I think swords and vibroblades are best left to the KotOR series, although Jango would have been alot better if he had both his pistols, but the devs were obviously just too lazy to make the dual pistol animation and they gave him Leias sh*tty pistol.
And lol, Rebel infiltrator? Sounds like a Bothan spy.

Titanius Anglesmith
02-16-2007, 08:26 PM
Swords and vibroblades should be left out, but bashing people with guns shouldn't. This game really needs some kind of melee combat.

Halo_92
02-16-2007, 08:29 PM
I ALREADY SAID THAT ALOTZ.

clonesniper113
02-16-2007, 11:33 PM
ya that would be cool if you could lead a garrison of troops and be able to set them in strategic formations

Daft Adidas
02-17-2007, 05:33 AM
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH! We mentioned that! And said NO. ^^^ Swords? That is so unBFish! lol. Though like EagerWeasel said we need melee!

PoiuyWired
02-17-2007, 07:02 AM
Actually a vibroshiv or vibroknife is standard issue for clonetroopers, and I think stormies would carry a knife of some sort also.

Halo_92
02-17-2007, 12:29 PM
Though like Halo_92 said we need melee!

Fix'd.
Dude before you were even a member that was metioned.

Titanius Anglesmith
02-17-2007, 01:21 PM
more like...

Though like *whoever mentioned it first* said we need melee!
I can say without doubt, no one on this forum was the first to suggest it.

Ctrl Alt Del
02-17-2007, 02:33 PM
After playing others shooter games, I always miss the melee button. It's so good for your health when you stab aan enemy from behind with a knife...

gogo_sb
02-17-2007, 09:14 PM
It would great if destroyed AT-AT's and other vehicles stay on the battlefield. Soldiers can use these downed vehicles as a cover.

Relenzo2
02-18-2007, 08:19 AM
I think swords and vibroblades are best left to the KotOR series, although Jango would have been alot better if he had both his pistols, but the devs were obviously just too lazy to make the dual pistol animation and they gave him Leias sh*tty pistol.
And lol, Rebel infiltrator? Sounds like a Bothan spy.

Oh, you have NO idea. The Rebel infiltrator ROCKS. I say it's the first class one, from Geinosis. That way we have both holoshroud and cloak.

MachineCult
02-18-2007, 08:49 AM
Oh, you have NO idea. The Rebel infiltrator ROCKS. I say it's the first class one, from Geinosis. That way we have both holoshroud and cloak.
WTF are you on about?

Daft Adidas
02-18-2007, 11:08 AM
ok whoever mentioned it first Melee! So er now what i'm running out of ideas!

MachineCult
02-18-2007, 04:35 PM
If you haven't got any ideas to post then don't post anything.

Relenzo2
02-20-2007, 06:29 PM
i.. stupid caps lock, I really think you should be able to destroy enemy objects in normal battle. I go this weird idea where is there are seperate points and reinforcements (which should be higher than it is). Goal is somewhere from 500 to maybe 1000 points, and your team gains two points for a kill and loses two points for a death. And there's lower points for destroying turrets and such things that are captured, mdedium points for such as sheild generators, power generators, generator generators and maybe command vehicles. And high points for like destroying factories or space cruisers (which should be fairly difficult to accamplish).

But there's also something that's always ben bothering. In a real battle, do the soldiers get into the tanks randomly during a battle? NO! They're there in their tanks at the start. GOt any ideas on how this could be changed? Spawning tanks may seem just too weird, but with point locks and number limits, I think it wouldn't be that hard to do, and it would be so much more realistic.

MachineCult
02-20-2007, 07:41 PM
i.. stupid caps lock, I really think you should be able to destroy enemy objects in normal battle. I go this weird idea where is there are seperate points and reinforcements (which should be higher than it is). Goal is somewhere from 500 to maybe 1000 points, and your team gains two points for a kill and loses two points for a death. And there's lower points for destroying turrets and such things that are captured, mdedium points for such as sheild generators, power generators, generator generators and maybe command vehicles. And high points for like destroying factories or space cruisers (which should be fairly difficult to accamplish).
Thats not a bad idea, the larger command posts could have large ammo and medical crates or storage areas, which if enough were destroyed would affect the enemies amount of ammo and bacta available and score points for the other side. And if enough points are gained against the you then the battle would be ended (depending on the reinforcement count) in a retreat instead of defeat because the battle is unwinnable.

But there's also something that's always ben bothering. In a real battle, do the soldiers get into the tanks randomly during a battle? NO! They're there in their tanks at the start. GOt any ideas on how this could be changed? Spawning tanks may seem just too weird, but with point locks and number limits, I think it wouldn't be that hard to do, and it would be so much more realistic.
I agree, people always talk about how the Battlefield games are much more realistic, but in real life a regular infantryman can't just hop into a fighter jet and fly away.
I think that when choosing your class before spawning if you choose normal trooper then you can't pilot a tank or any other large craft except speeder bikes, and if you want to use a tank then you must choose a special engineer class, or an AT-ST and AT-AT pilot for those vehicles, etc. and you are confined to the craft until you're killed.

Relenzo2
02-20-2007, 08:51 PM
Well, you could abondon the tank if need be. And yeah, does a battle always end by one or the other side being destroyed down to the last man?

I was thinking that maybe you could get another point or two when you destroyed a vehicle. And then I thought that there could be an "Armor Limit" No more vehicles could spawn if there weren't enought points left there, putting an exact limit on each side's vehicles. There might not even need to be a limit to the number on the feild, then.

And one last comment. When a cruiser in space is destroyed, it shouldn't go unsolid and dissappear. It should at least leave a lot of shrapnel floating around.

jawathehutt
02-20-2007, 10:02 PM
That kinda goes a long with my idea to make it so that instead of the tank just disentigrating instantly, holes are put into it. The armor could be weakened so it only can take a shot or two before penetration but shields could be added which could be be turned on or off, if they were on, you would have less damage and range, if they were off, you would have it the other way. If a crew was killed but there was still maybe the turret postion that was reletively undamaged or a driving position, you could jump in and do that. You could only do that and it would be realistic. As for not leaving vehicles, I think you should be able to but make it so you actauly have to open a door and jump out and or jump out of a gaping hole left by a rocket because you got cocky and turned down your shileds in the middle of a battle. This leads to another idea, "explorible insides" of vehicles. For things like the rep/emp tanks, it would just be like the driver postion and behind that, the turret entry and ammo storage and the door to jump out but for things like the ATAT,there would be maybe like a speeder bike you could use, a healing and ammo droid, some room to stand while being transported and a weapons locker where you could change classes.

Oh, and hitting someone with a tank should kill them/hurt them significantly, the tanks are made of metal, not foam.

Daft Adidas
02-21-2007, 03:12 AM
Maybe some CP's can have a little well er i dunno but a sort of a big building where tanks can spawn from so if the enemy catches that they will have double the amount of tanks on their side. Which would be neat. I mean also on Geonosis (SP) destroying spider droids and halfires or AT whatever their called is so easy. They hardly shoot at you. This should be improved. I sometimes think BF is too easy.

Relenzo2
02-21-2007, 08:07 AM
THAT's been compained about before... and Jawathehutt I like your thoughts this should be especially true for big like command vehicles, they don't just all of a sudden go black and dissappear, they take damage. And it's practically unspoken that tanks need more running people over ability. I sometimes think that they run allies over esier than enemies.

BF3pwnageACE
02-24-2007, 03:16 PM
It wouldn't make sense to have knifes. That would give the CIS faction an advantage.
You can't stab thru armor plating. As far as I know. Also something that would be cool to see in BF3 would be the ability to make more than one or two people follow you.

Daft Adidas
02-24-2007, 05:19 PM
YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!! just pres up or down. not sure which though but they both do something. Yeh it would give the CIS an advantage though. You right there.

Titanius Anglesmith
02-24-2007, 08:21 PM
It wouldn't make sense to have knifes. That would give the CIS faction an advantage.
Ever played Republic Commando? I use a knife on droids all the time in that game and it works just fine.

Rogue Spy
02-25-2007, 02:28 AM
Republic Commando is abit far fetched from Star Wars then...there are no knifes in combat in the Star Wars universe, aslo it would be more realistic indeed if dead bodies and vehicles did not dissapear in BFIII. Keep your temper down too Darth Aids.

Daft Adidas
02-25-2007, 05:03 AM
^ exuse me? it's aida. let's hope you don't get a "lenghty ban" though apart from that very well spoken. I don't play RC so i dunno about that. Maybe knifes would work maybe not. Though what would work as melee? Slipping a mine down someones back? lol.

Relenzo2
02-25-2007, 09:03 AM
Are you kidding of COURSE there's knifes. Clones in reality have vibroblade combot knives. And droids already don't need to breathe but they're not actually as smart or good as clones altogether, not even close, in the real universe.

Daft Adidas
02-25-2007, 09:39 AM
ok then vibroblades and knifes should be put in. It would mae the game a bit more enjoyable. There should be more creatures or species apart from taunstauns and those big green things with spikey legs in EP 2 (forgot their name) oh i remember acklay. Big creatures though hard to take down.

Relenzo2
02-25-2007, 01:05 PM
Something like and acklay is normally very hard to forget. And, vibroblades and knifes are basically the same thing. But yeah, all good. Didn't they have acklays on Felucia in BFII? There are acklays and Geonosis, Felucia, and that one planet that's their homeworld that's so obscure I forgot it's name. But mostly on Geonosis They're just in teh arena's and in the sewers.

EDIT: I just found out that only commandos had those knucklblade retracting vibroblades. So they probably won't be in BFIII.

jawathehutt
02-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Im still gonna say that you shuld be able to beat people with your weapons, Im pretty sure every unit has a weapon

Halo_92
02-25-2007, 04:51 PM
Yeah knifes are better for stealth.
Using your weapon is fun because....well it just is more satisfying.

PoiuyWired
02-25-2007, 05:37 PM
Something like and acklay is normally very hard to forget. And, vibroblades and knifes are basically the same thing. But yeah, all good. Didn't they have acklays on Felucia in BFII? There are acklays and Geonosis, Felucia, and that one planet that's their homeworld that's so obscure I forgot it's name. But mostly on Geonosis They're just in teh arena's and in the sewers.

EDIT: I just found out that only commandos had those knucklblade retracting vibroblades. So they probably won't be in BFIII.

Those are called Vibro-Shiv. But standard ones still have a vibro-knife or something. Its more than a weapon, its a tool.

Redtech
02-25-2007, 07:30 PM
Or even Vibro Swords! Should be an unlockable for killing lots of people with a vibro-knife. No extra damage, just looks silier and at least is better than the l33t sniper rifle of BF2!

Rogue Spy
02-26-2007, 12:51 AM
@ Darth Aida - Oh sorry my mistake, i 'accidently' typed an 's' insted of 'a'.
Yeah i agree it would be cool if perhaps in BFIII various weapons and maps from previous Star Wars franchises such as KOTOR could be unlocked as secret weapons. That would be awsome to slice Gungans with a Vibroblade :D

Relenzo2
02-26-2007, 07:56 AM
Like Zabrak Vibroblade even... but then that would be under the jurisdiction of dealing extra damage :). But it SHOULD deal extra damage.

Daft Adidas
02-26-2007, 11:39 AM
@ Rookie guy, i mean Rogue Spy. that's ok

this vibro stuff is confusing! :s

jawathehutt
02-26-2007, 05:37 PM
Im gonna have to agree with you there, do we really need thousands of knives, wouldnt one suffice, its just 1 slice to the back kills, 2 everywhere else. I can understand maybe like different designs like the pistols and rifles which are the exact same, but you dont really need different knives which do different damage and such. On the topic of guns, they should go back to BF1 style where they are different. And give the PC 4 mines, Im still completely confused as to why the PC and consoles get different amouts, it makes no sense to me.

tyrone333
02-26-2007, 05:41 PM
I have an idea
what about fleets and all u wait to fight on planet like space fleets and your on one attacking a planet travling and fight cis and space pirates

Redleader870
02-26-2007, 05:55 PM
I think the following:

1. Destructable enviroments and buildings
2. When you kill someone or get killed, their bodies stay there and don't dissapear
3. In space, there should be be 6 or 7 capital ships, but only one flagship.
4. In the capital ship, there should be several rooms and hallways. When you invade the ship, the security guards fight you in the rooms and hallways. You'll have to fight your way to the command bridge, kill the Admiral, and blow up the command bridge. After you've destroyed everything, the ship starts to blow up. If you don't get out in time, you blow up with the ship.
5. Realistic battles in the movies like Hoth, there should be 9 or 10 AT-ATs, like 5 AT-ST squadrons, and the rebels actually stay in the trenches and fire from there, and retreat like in the movie.
6. Huge battlefields like in the movies. For example Geonosis, Mygeeto, Utapau, Hoth, the Death Star trench run, and the Space Battle over Endor with the second Death Star.
7. Melee attack like in Halo
Let me know what you think

DanteRedson
02-26-2007, 06:18 PM
I think we already discussed about half of the things you said, Redleader.

jawathehutt
02-26-2007, 06:30 PM
I think we've discussed everything to death.

Redleader870
02-26-2007, 07:51 PM
So does anyone know if it is confirmed that they are even going to make a Battlefront 3?

Relenzo2
02-26-2007, 09:05 PM
From the last message back:
Yes(thrice), You bet, all actually, there's nothing new there my freind all has been decided before your time, I couldn't make heads or tails of that.

MachineCult
02-26-2007, 09:15 PM
So does anyone know if it is confirmed that they are even going to make a Battlefront 3?
They haven't made any official confirmation but it has been confirmed that the devs who did the Timesplitters games are working on it. So it is probably going to happen, but nothing is certain just yet.

Rogue Spy
02-27-2007, 03:06 AM
@ Rookie guy, i mean Rogue Spy. that's ok

this vibro stuff is confusing! :s
If you knew who i really was, im far from a rookie...*cough* i mean good comback! And yeh lol from the looks of things (iv browsed nearly every page of this thread) you guys have discussed pretty much everything on BFIII.

Relenzo2
02-27-2007, 07:39 AM
Yes, we have to discuss really original and obscure things to avoid getting flamed. Watch your step.

Daft Adidas
02-27-2007, 11:10 AM
so if we've discussed everything what do we do? so a goodbye to this thread and let it die?

Relenzo2
02-27-2007, 11:51 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! You can't do that! What will I do without this thread?

PoiuyWired
02-27-2007, 04:02 PM
Well, won't hurt if we leave it running either. I mean whenever anything fps related or the like shows up in Star Wars title there are new stuff to discuss. THink about how the Unleshed engine would do to this series...

Relenzo2
02-27-2007, 04:27 PM
Yeah, and we'll want it when BFIII comes out.

MachineCult
02-27-2007, 05:27 PM
You can't let it die, it's stickied FFS. So just leave it until someone has a new idea or there is some news regarding SWBF3.

azimnj
02-27-2007, 10:24 PM
ya i have a new idea.ok the capital ships should have more hallways i agree with you guys,and maybe when you go into a room as the empire,you will see vader choking an imp officer.or as a clone trooper you see a neimoidian or a muun being arrested.and as rebel you see han and leia talking.as cis,you see grievous training with his magnaguards.what do you think about that?

jawathehutt
02-27-2007, 10:37 PM
no offense, but it sounds like a waste of my CPU, it might be cool in a story line driven game, but this is battlefront, you kill and take CPs. The battlefield games have shown you dont need much extra scenery.

Rogue Spy
02-28-2007, 03:36 AM
If this great thread is becoming spam, why don't we reduce the posting and leave it until something really worth talking about is posted.

MachineCult
02-28-2007, 07:43 AM
All they have to do to the Cap ships is make it so that the Rebel, Empire, Republic and CIS interiors aren't all identical.

[ANAL]Pathology
02-28-2007, 10:05 AM
Yeah ,...

Probably said already (aint goin trough 17 pages u know :P ) but Mixed era's is the least they could do(Droids vs Empire as example).

a Siege mode would be cool aswell ;)

AND... a decent multyplayer !!!

Get lagfree servers !!! and make sure Europeans can play vs Americans and stuff :)

get ingame clan ranking and stuff :)

Dark_Hunter
02-28-2007, 10:23 AM
ok how about this one:
Tehy could introduce a third team in some levels, like on kashyyk actually have a wookie team, a rebel team and empire with different bases. Not in the stroy of course, since the rebels were helping the wookies. What you think? Oh and introduce a podracer game option with a few detailed levels for online play.

Redtech
02-28-2007, 06:12 PM
Third teams will be hard as hell to balance. When one thinks about it, since there is never a 3-way fight in star wars, it just sums as goodies vs baddies, which might as well be 1 vs 1 fight.

A podracer game would waste effort that could have gone into making BF3 leet. Check the modern Mortal Kombat games as an example.

lordzack
02-28-2007, 07:03 PM
If you want to Podrace play Star Wars: Podracer. I loved that game.

jawathehutt
02-28-2007, 08:04 PM
Virus']Yeah ,...

Probably said already (aint goin trough 17 pages u know :P ) but Mixed era's is the least they could do(Droids vs Empire as example).

a Siege mode would be cool aswell ;)

AND... a decent multyplayer !!!

Get lagfree servers !!! and make sure Europeans can play vs Americans and stuff :)

get ingame clan ranking and stuff :)
please refrain from using that color, my eyes are bleeding from trying to read it. As for 3 teams, while it would be cool, I dont know how well it would work. I think maybe at least make it possible since from what I've heard from modders, its impossible with the current engine.

Rogue Spy
03-01-2007, 03:32 AM
All of you, stop ignoring me.

MachineCult
03-01-2007, 05:46 AM
^ Quiet emo n00b.

please refrain from using that color, my eyes are bleeding from trying to read it. As for 3 teams, while it would be cool, I dont know how well it would work. I think maybe at least make it possible since from what I've heard from modders, its impossible with the current engine.
The three sides worked alright with SWBF1, you couldn't play as them but its not like they unbalanced the game at all.

Dark_Hunter
03-01-2007, 08:10 AM
lol yeah, the extra team were more liek cannon fodder though. Here's another idea: Have levels where you can fight the battle out normally, say on hoth, but where the transports are locted you have the transports and a few fighters/bombers and you cna escape the battle to fly into space to try and get past the enemy star destroyer. Men could be in the destroyer to attack the ship and there could be an ion cannon back on the planet that is pilotabble an can provide support for the transport etc. If you get the transport to a certain area past the star destroyer yo gain say 20 points and then re spawn. I think a few leves liek that could go down well, while not wasting too much effort towards the game as a whole.

Relenzo2
03-01-2007, 09:18 AM
"Evacuation" levels...not leves, yeah, like the Geonosis in GCW. That could work.

MachineCult
03-02-2007, 06:06 AM
Excuse me ? you call me emo ? wanna go you piece of metal crap! il kick ur a** from here to China, so don't start me or call me emo got it u freak. Capiche ?
Your the one that probably listens to emo metal crap. Don't start me man, i dont want to get myself banned.
Who the f*ck do you think you are? Some little kid who thinks he's big with his kids cartoon avatar, "All of you, stop ignoring me." = Emo post. Boo hoo stop ignoring me.
You'll kick my ass? The only thing sadder than an emo post is some n00b telling someone else on a message board that he'll kick their ass, this is the internet not real life, you can't. It's a really stupid thing to say.
And capiche? You can't be serious.

Now you've had your little tantrum, get back on topic, because if you carry on posting like an idiot you aren't going to last very long. Read the Code of Conduct (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=151640) because from what i've seen you don't know how to post properly on this forum.

swphreak
03-02-2007, 12:38 PM
Rogue Spy, if people want to ignore you, there's nothing you can do about it.

MachineCult needs a time out to cool down.

PoiuyWired
03-02-2007, 05:14 PM
Okay... anyone want a cookiee?

Actually, it would be a good idea if engineer class can actually BUILD stuff. Like, build a small heavy weapon anywhere on the field or something like that. Obviously they will not be as powerful as those on the build pads, but still good.

jawathehutt
03-02-2007, 05:38 PM
Along those lines, I think they should do an idea they had from back when BF1 was being made which was like a droid class. They were only going to have a pistol but would be able to make things like recon droids, auto turrets and weak temporary health, ammo and vehicle droids.

Redleader870
03-04-2007, 08:16 PM
I really hope that when someone dies, there bodies should stay there and not dissapear unless they're a Jedi. And when you kill heroes, they should die like a regular soldier, no kneeling. And destructable environments and buildings. I know these are just the little things, but they would make the game more realistic.

Dark_Hunter
03-05-2007, 10:35 AM
yeah that sounds great, although having destructible environments often take alot of programming, especially if it's somehting liek the geo mod from red faction. The problem with bodies not dissapering is they take up alot of RAM and well if you go pone in a clump of dead people you'll be impossible to spot.
Maybe they could make lower class Jedi as another class: They can attack with their saber block and sprint, but no special force stuff and also lower health.

jawathehutt
03-05-2007, 08:06 PM
I was thinking of something kind of like that for heroes but I was thinking, they should make heros be like officers like Commander Cody or Thrawn or have the option to be just a generic sith/jedi. The hero would have the health of heroes in assault and would have sprint, jump and a light saber. No force powers, just swing and block. There would also be AI heroes like BF1 who had lots of health and were hard to kill.

Darth Newfie
03-06-2007, 07:29 PM
Whoa, lots of pages have sprung up since I last posted

Here's an idea...

Not shure if I said this already...wth

Wingman commands for in space, works with AI. Tell your wingmen to disperse and engage their own targets, attack your target, regroup into formation and retreat back to the hangar.

I know people have already talked about melee attacks and vibro-blades, vibro-axes, vibro-swords, vibro-shivs, and vibro-everything but what about having the option to attatch the knife to your gun as a bayonet?

I think I said this already but the officer class could carry binoculars to spot enemy vehicles and then call in an air strike. The imperial officer needs a new skin as well, that suit is ugly. It needs a REAL officer suit.

Relenzo2
03-06-2007, 08:05 PM
Hee hee you bet they are ugly, that's why they were made Imp officers. This basically falls under my commands idea, but then it was deemed too "Republic Commando" You're not playing the guy who gives the orders. But you should be able to give commands in space just like you can in land.
Yes Star Wars need vibro-bayonets.

Daft Adidas
03-07-2007, 01:27 PM
wow lots of stuff going on here.....

I like the binoculars idea......

azimnj
03-10-2007, 07:46 PM
yeah i agree with the new officer skin because alot of officers look like the real officers in the movies

tyrone333
03-12-2007, 04:40 PM
mayby couleard troops utapau orange troops of movie and comander cody 501st jedi temple blue troopers felucia yellow troopers etc plo koon kit fisto shakk ti

Darth Newfie
03-12-2007, 06:37 PM
To tyrone333, your post is kinda messy and makes no sense.

I think they're called macrobinoculars, not just binoculars.
The color should change for each map. Black like Darth Maul's for all urban maps and white like Luke's for the snowy places.

You could have three types of strikes to call in, strafing run where a fighter class starship pummels the target with laser blasts. Then a bombing run, where several proton bombs are dropped on the target. Finally an orbital strike with one huge blast.

the grenades should be more varied. What about incendiary and smoke grenades.

Redtech
03-14-2007, 12:56 PM
Only works in a game where the average lifespan isn't 15 seconds though. You'd have to slow down the pace and expand area sizes to make them worthwhile. Also, would incindary grenades fit with Star Wars against droids? Actually, they're a horrible weapon that sets "meatbags" on fire! Let the CIS have them.

jawathehutt
03-14-2007, 06:59 PM
Smoke grenades would be really nice for both concealment and signals, maybe different colors for each faction.

Redtech
03-15-2007, 11:17 AM
Cool, I like the idea, but maybe some DECENT OPEN ARENAS would benefit better. I'm thinking Geonosis (1) +Hoth versus almost any other level.

Relenzo2
03-15-2007, 11:44 AM
Even Hoth and Geonosis have trouble being good open arenas in this game... I agree. Maybe a Geonosis: Colloseum level woudl work. And their called Electrobinoculars, mostly. And believe me, they WORK with this game, especially if we have commander hero's which is starting to sound better to me. You know, maybe the commands system should be scrapped, and there are commander running around on teh battlefeild that tell YOU what to do. It would do so much for the game.

Redtech
03-15-2007, 12:44 PM
Geonosis Colleseum would make a bad deathmatch level. It's too cramped and rocket guys would win in seconds. (Reminds me of UT99 rocket arena).

I kinda like having orders rather than taking them, as no AI is even 50% as smart as a human.

jawathehutt
03-15-2007, 07:56 PM
Geonosis Colleseum would make a bad deathmatch level. It's too cramped and rocket guys would win in seconds. (Reminds me of UT99 rocket arena).

I kinda like having orders rather than taking them, as no AI is even 50% as smart as a human.
Actualy, the PC conversion pack has a well done arena and it works great, theres enough enemies so rockets don't own and both sides have equal chances of winning.

MachineCult
03-16-2007, 06:23 AM
^^^ I've got the Conversion pack and it is without a doubt the best mod available for SWBF2 by far.

Relenzo2
03-16-2007, 08:07 AM
You could make the arena pretty big. Really Big. And there could be a few obstacles, pillars, chariot, dead, um, really big monsters, and dead acklay. Although that should probably be left alive in the level

tyrone333
03-16-2007, 04:33 PM
Darth nuefie i ca,e up with wing comands

Titanius Anglesmith
03-16-2007, 04:52 PM
Darth nuefie i ca,e up with wing comands
You weren't the first to come up with these "wing commands". And by the way, the spell check is your friend. Please use it, and try to use at least a couple punctuation marks in your posts.

I know this is quite off-topic, but I get tired of that kind of stuff.

jawathehutt
03-16-2007, 07:12 PM
And by the way, the spell check is your friend. Please use it, and try to use at least a couple punctuation marks in your posts.

I know this is quite off-topic, but I get tired of that kind of stuff.
QFT

Dark_Hunter
03-21-2007, 05:37 AM
I agree with the guy who said everything has been discussed out. Besides it's out before too long isn't it?
I'll be surprised if this post doesn't get deleted too. _

MachineCult
03-21-2007, 06:56 AM
^ It hasn't even been officially announced yet, so I wouldn't hold your breath. It won't be out for a while.

-BLaCKouT-
03-21-2007, 03:36 PM
^^ http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Battlefront_III_In_Development_104392.asp

:)

Prime
03-22-2007, 10:59 AM
Looks like console only...

MachineCult
03-22-2007, 12:08 PM
Well i'm glad I bought an Xbox 360, can't wait to see a next-gen Battlefront it should be awesome.
At the very least it will get these boards active again.

Titanius Anglesmith
03-22-2007, 12:52 PM
I'm going to be so frickin mad if it's not on PC. There is absolutely no reason as to why it shouldn't. And they better not give me some load of BS telling me that the PC can't handle it. Battlefront's graphics aren't all that good, and I doubt they'll be upgrading to the same stuff as they're using in TFU.

MachineCult
03-22-2007, 05:21 PM
^^^ What you think they're going to make a game with PS2 level graphics for the Xbox 360? When there have been games with a million times better graphics that game out with the 360 like two years previously?
I have little doubt that this game will be at current next-gen standards, if not better, so don't presume to compare it to Battlefront.
I won't comment on it's PC compatibility because you will undoubtedly retort with a list of your computers super-high specs, fake or not.

Titanius Anglesmith
03-22-2007, 06:34 PM
All I know is, if they can make a PS2 version of TFU, then they can make a PC version as well. It works the same with BF III.

Redtech
03-23-2007, 11:04 AM
Anyway Xbox360= PC with free joypads.

Billy Gates knows what he's doing. That's why the only true exclusives are EA Games and fighting ones.

jawathehutt
03-23-2007, 06:29 PM
let this thread die its the longest one on the forums and we've discussed eveything.
That was completely unnecessary, it will die eventualy but until then, shut up. Unless you plan on saying something worthwhile next time, dont say it.

Back on topic, not making the game on PC would just be saying that they dont care about a large amount of money in exchange for a little extra work. Hopefully Free Rad isn't lazier than pandemic.

azimnj
03-26-2007, 11:49 PM
i got some ideas

1)if a clone trooper or another trooper is wounded,you will see people carrying him to the hospital.if the clone dies while they carry him they drop him.and when the clone is healed,he should go fight again and if he dies,no one can do anything about it.
2)there should be an ARC trooper(not like in battlefront 1)or clone commando,something elite.and those elite troopers will fight very well and defeat atleast 10-15 battle droids.they should be very strong,and they should lead some troops into battle
3)to get the game more realistic,there should be diseases or dehydration.when a clone trooper gets a disease,he is taken to the hospital and if he dies,they take him out and i dont know,maybe bury him.gunships should hold alot of troopers not just 6 or 4.atleast 20.
4)when a blaster bolt hits a ship in the engine the ship dramatically goes down and hits the ground and explodes.it shouldnt take 100 blaster bolts to take down a ship.

Relenzo2
03-27-2007, 08:32 AM
It should take at least a hundred blaster bolts from a handgun, yes.

Dark_Hunter
03-27-2007, 10:24 AM
i got some ideas

1)if a clone trooper or another trooper is wounded,you will see people carrying him to the hospital.if the clone dies while they carry him they drop him.and when the clone is healed,he should go fight again and if he dies,no one can do anything about it.
2)there should be an ARC trooper(not like in battlefront 1)or clone commando,something elite.and those elite troopers will fight very well and defeat atleast 10-15 battle droids.they should be very strong,and they should lead some troops into battle
3)to get the game more realistic,there should be diseases or dehydration.when a clone trooper gets a disease,he is taken to the hospital and if he dies,they take him out and i dont know,maybe bury him.gunships should hold alot of troopers not just 6 or 4.atleast 20.
4)when a blaster bolt hits a ship in the engine the ship dramatically goes down and hits the ground and explodes.it shouldnt take 100 blaster bolts to take down a ship.

Dude you make little sense. I like number 3 and 4 , but no one wwants to piss around healing themselves of viruses or drinking water. They want to fight and have fun, if you die then you die, you just go straight back into battle. Too many games have waiting in them. Unless this a tense atmosphere, liek waiting for an attack then it's boring and frustrating.

In BF1 blasters did nothing to vehicles/ships, in BF2 they all do something, but not enough, so yeah, increased damage from blasters would be good. After all, they are red hot bits of laser, lol.

Redtech
03-27-2007, 11:10 AM
Yeah, but red hot lasers versus thick armour plating? Try killing a tank with a machine gun..the Iraqis sure know how stupid that tactic is!

Here's some thoughts I may have said some before, but what the heck:

1) Make the game more like BF1 class wise..I don't really like the commanders, maybe their abilities would be better integrated into the core classes. E.g. Bothan spy+sniper=excellant scout who can't exploit stealth shooting, but can at least escape! I don't like the idea of unlocking classes, a good game doesn't need artificial restrictions.

Also, I just don't like the attitude the previous Battlefront had that Jedi pwn the battlefield because, as the Canon shows, Jedi are powerful, but get pwned even worse than grunts do (a man dies a single death, a Jedi gets killed many). I think they'd be better left out and emphasis put on the grunts winning the war. The game makes me think that there was no need for a clone army costing BILLIONS if it takes one near-naked twilek chick to destroy thousands of droids on her own.

2) Elite weapons should be more like BF2142 in that they add new features but several flaws e.g. Grockets are too easily spammed in BFII, but if the elite "bazooka" was a anti-vehicle rifle, you'd be less able to hit moving targets but cause more damage if you suceeded. Or maybe if the elite machine gun was accurate, but exaggerate the poor ROF a bit more? Just balancing really. Make them a sub-selection of the "choose your class" screen, so if you're fed up, you can quickly swap in/out.

3) The levels need to be better designed for vehicles, make the CPs protected (mainly indoors or behind walls to prevent spawn camping and make it able to not only change class but to use a CP to teleport from one to another to get to a battlezone quicker would be nice. The vehicle levels are too small at the mo, or so open that infantry get creamed! Rhen Var Harbour is a perfect example if biased towards the empire as the AT-AT CAN shoot into CPs...

4) Better vehicle balance, BF1 was spot on, but no way can the new Republic Walker (the two-legger) take out an AAT! Madness!

5) Every infantry class needs to defend themselves better, it sucks having a crappy pistol that only the AI uses well, OK so a rocket guy shouldn't be the equal of a soldier, but the pistols do feel a bit "token". I keep feeling innacurate SMGs would feel better for "blasterholics".

6) Exaggerate the movement speeds of the classes in proportion to each other a little! Dark Troopers should not be able to sprint so fast and snipers and other guys with nae armour should be able to run away better, while rocket soldiers and heavy infantry should be move slower. I'm counting sprinting speed in this as well.

7) I want the classes to feel balanced, not equivalent. I LOVE the SBD in the effect that the rocket secondary weapon and shotgun alt-weapon make it the perfect all-rounder but it moves "chunkily". It'd be nice for the other sides to have something that stands out besides the elite units.

The rebels need to feel more diverse racially (as in Wookies, maybe a gungan(!) twileks and other miscs who hate the empire). The empire and Republic just don't feel like one is the precursor to the other!

8) Larger maps if they have vehicles and larger maps in general. Not "middle of nowhere" levels, but more like Battlefields than the SWAT sized fights of BF2 compared to BF1. The EU has some great places! I'd love to fight on the Sith Homeworld with cameo ghost wailing or a proper "Coruscant street level" or maye Corellia, Mon Calamari... it's hard work, but with research there are some nice opportunities out there rather than re-hashing token battles from films.

9) I think integrated land-space battles BF2142 style would work: I think a nice objective would be to ONLY LOSE if your command ship explodes, rather than losing all your CPs, but conversely, the CPs would give acess to extra vehicles (and other nasties, AA guns anyone?) which could be used to pwn enemy aircraft. Also I hate the ticker dropping when you lose 50% of Cps. It means that a poor offensive team but good in defence can just camp their CPs and if they gain just one, they'll always win. GET OUT AND FIGHT LIKE A MAN!

10) Get rid of the glow-in-the-dark disco show that are powerups!

Titanius Anglesmith
03-27-2007, 11:12 AM
I think this would be much better if there was just a separate Medic class to do all the healing. Battles are too short to have to worry about being constantly taken to a "hospital".

This is a good idea, but killing 10-15 battle droids is hardly elite. If they do make some kind of "super AI", then he should be very slow moving and not have a great range, but have a lot of health and be able to deal a lot of damage.

No offense, but this seems completely pointless. As with being taken to "the hospital", battles are too short to have to worry about getting your "virus" healed. And why would a dead clone trooper need to be buried, especially on a battlefield?

I do agree that gunships should hold a few more people, maybe 10 or something.

I don't think regular blaster bolts from a rifle should be able to take down a ship, no matter how many times you hit it. It should take rockets or some kind of turret.

Also, I just don't like the attitude the previous Battlefront had that Jedi pwn the battlefield because, as the Canon shows, Jedi are powerful, but get pwned even worse than grunts do (a man dies a single death, a Jedi gets killed many). I think they'd be better left out and emphasis put on the grunts winning the war. The game makes me think that there was no need for a clone army costing BILLIONS if it takes one near-naked twilek chick to destroy thousands of droids on her own.
Ever since the beginning, I've wanted heroes removed, so I completely agree with you here. Battelfront is about the grunt experience, not playing as some crazy powerful battlefield dominator. Heroes have really taken the focus off what this game is really about. If I want to play as a Jedi, then I'll play Jedi Knight (which has much better Jedi gameplay anyway), not Battlefront.

Davinq
03-28-2007, 12:58 AM
If I want to play as a Jedi, then I'll play Jedi Knight (which has much better Jedi gameplay anyway), not Battlefront.
Here I have to differ, though in all your other points I am in concurrence. Jedi Knight has more combat features and all, yes, but I personally couldn't stand how cheesy both the story and the actual fighting seemed.

The lightsaber combat in BFII, even though it isn't very varied, seemed more "realistic," if that can apply here at all, and cooler.

Just my two cents.

Apologies for the mildly off-topic post.

Dark_Hunter
03-28-2007, 08:04 AM
yeah, i agree with davinq. One thing I hate is the sniper class. I sniper is for long distance killing with acurate shots. In BF2 people use snipers for close combat online. They get away with it because of the rate of fire and power of each shot from the rifle. It's just stupid. They should lower the rate of fire, or decrease the power of snipers at close range.

Relenzo2
03-28-2007, 08:15 AM
Yeah, but red hot lasers versus thick armour plating? Try killing a tank with a machine gun..the Iraqis sure know how stupid that tactic is!

Here's some thoughts I may have said some before, but what the heck:

1) Make the game more like BF1 class wise..I don't really like the commanders, maybe their abilities would be better integrated into the core classes. E.g. Bothan spy+sniper=excellant scout who can't exploit stealth shooting, but can at least escape! I don't like the idea of unlocking classes, a good game doesn't need artificial restrictions.

2) Elite weapons should be more like BF2142 in that they add new features but several flaws e.g. Grockets are too easily spammed in BFII, but if the elite "bazooka" was a anti-vehicle rifle, you'd be less able to hit moving targets but cause more damage if you suceeded. Or maybe if the elite machine gun was accurate, but exaggerate the poor ROF a bit more? Just balancing really. Make them a sub-selection of the "choose your class" screen, so if you're fed up, you can quickly swap in/out.

3) The levels need to be better designed for vehicles, make the CPs protected (mainly indoors or behind walls to prevent spawn camping and make it able to not only change class but to use a CP to teleport from one to another to get to a battlezone quicker would be nice. The vehicle levels are too small at the mo, or so open that infantry get creamed! Rhen Var Harbour is a perfect example if biased towards the empire as the AT-AT CAN shoot into CPs...

4) Better vehicle balance, BF1 was spot on, but no way can the new Republic Walker (the two-legger) take out an AAT! Madness!

5) Every infantry class needs to defend themselves better, it sucks having a crappy pistol that only the AI uses well, OK so a rocket guy shouldn't be the equal of a soldier, but the pistols do feel a bit "token". I keep feeling innacurate SMGs would feel better for "blasterholics".

6) Exaggerate the movement speeds of the classes in proportion to each other a little! Dark Troopers should not be able to sprint so fast and snipers and other guys with nae armour should be able to run away better, while rocket soldiers and heavy infantry should be move slower. I'm counting sprinting speed in this as well.

7) I want the classes to feel balanced, not equivalent. I LOVE the SBD in the effect that the rocket secondary weapon and shotgun alt-weapon make it the perfect all-rounder but it moves "chunkily". It'd be nice for the other sides to have something that stands out besides the elite units.

The rebels need to feel more diverse racially (as in Wookies, maybe a gungan(!) twileks and other miscs who hate the empire). The empire and Republic just don't feel like one is the precursor to the other!

8) Larger maps if they have vehicles and larger maps in general. Not "middle of nowhere" levels, but more like Battlefields than the SWAT sized fights of BF2 compared to BF1. The EU has some great places! I'd love to fight on the Sith Homeworld with cameo ghost wailing or a proper "Coruscant street level" or maye Corellia, Mon Calamari... it's hard work, but with research there are some nice opportunities out there rather than re-hashing token battles from films.

9) I think integrated land-space battles BF2142 style would work: I think a nice objective would be to ONLY LOSE if your command ship explodes, rather than losing all your CPs, but conversely, the CPs would give acess to extra vehicles (and other nasties, AA guns anyone?) which could be used to pwn enemy aircraft. Also I hate the ticker dropping when you lose 50% of Cps. It means that a poor offensive team but good in defence can just camp their CPs and if they gain just one, they'll always win. GET OUT AND FIGHT LIKE A MAN!

10) Get rid of the glow-in-the-dark disco show that are powerups!

I agree with a lot here. Let's remember that they are SMALL red hot bits of laser! And Jedi. Oooh, Jedi. Replace them with a commaner (who's unplayeable) who goes about giving commands. That would do wondors for the game. It would force the makers to improve their AI, get rid of exessive JEDI PWNing, and maybe even make it actual war, instead of a bunch of soldiers just running all over random like. A republic walker can take on an AAT without much trouble if the walker is manned by a player, and the AAT by and AI. The vehicle Artificial Intelligence in this game needs some serious help. Pistols? You can't get rid of pistols, what the matter with you? You want a good weapon, use your rifle, the pistol is SECONDARY, that's what it's there for! It's a StarWars staple! And you could spawn as a random race after you choose you class, that would be cool. Have seperate art for each class/race, adn set up the probabilities. And powerups are not very warlike, but there fun video-game wise. Besides, the health bonuses are supposed to be bacta packs, the ammo is supposed to be ammo packs, the energy is supposed to be stimulant. Maybe make them look more like what they're supposed to be, and put them in racks instead of laying around.

The droids and people should have different healing droids, and the droids shouldn't be able to use bacta, and they SHOULDN'T DROWN OR SUFFOCATE!
Man, if you're gonna be a robot, take advantage of it! And clone troopers should slow down a little if they take large damage (but not droids). However, clones are supposed to be superioir combat tech, so make them better, more intelligent, accurate fighter and have assymetry instead of a equivalency.

jawathehutt
03-28-2007, 08:44 AM
Droids shouldnt have pistols, they're sent in to kill until they die which is fast.

Titanius Anglesmith
03-28-2007, 11:54 AM
Here I have to differ, though in all your other points I am in concurrence. Jedi Knight has more combat features and all, yes, but I personally couldn't stand how cheesy both the story and the actual fighting seemed.

The lightsaber combat in BFII, even though it isn't very varied, seemed more "realistic," if that can apply here at all, and cooler.
It may look more realistic, but it's also not nearly as fun. In BF II, it's just the same three moves over and over again, then you have your sprint attack and jump attack. At least in Jedi Knight, you can actually vary your moves and input a little bit of strategy. When I would play as a hero on BF II, I always feel like I'm just running around trying to get my kills up, that I don't actually have a goal or objective.

I agree that the stories on the Jedi Knight games are a little cheesy, but I think they did the combat pretty well.

and the droids shouldn't be able to use bacta, and they SHOULDN'T DROWN OR SUFFOCATE!
Ok, so maybe clones could drop repair kits instead of bacta kits? Doesn't really matter much, but I guess it would be a little more realistic.

And droids could, in a way, drown. If they stay underwater for too long, their circuits would fill up with water, and they would, in a sense, suffocate.

Relenzo2
03-28-2007, 11:59 AM
Hmm, well I don't think the CLONES would be dropping repair kits for hte droids lol. But the droids drowning, I'll take. However, it should be harder for them than for biological units.

tyrone333
03-28-2007, 04:53 PM
Watch your mouth jawathehutt don't go to me shut the f**** up abusing me
anyway.
genoises should have jedi and clone troopers.
More mace why should there be heros in space? or their ships?
you would die assult isent capturple cps first one to 180 points there jawathehutt
sorry about my writing.

jawathehutt
03-28-2007, 07:15 PM
Watch your mouth jawathehutt don't go to me shut the f**** up abusing me
anyway.
genoises should have jedi and clone troopers.
More mace why should there be heros in space? or their ships?
you would die assult isent capturple cps first one to 180 points there jawathehutt
sorry about my writing.
1. Read your posts so they make sense
2. Shut up, you have impersonated my friend, trashed the name of my former clan, made stupid topics, chronicly lied and flamed, I feel no need to respect anyone who so blatantly disrespects my friends and me.
3. Use a dictionary, the language of this forum is English, not 1337 with a little English.
4. You had gained some respect from me earlier, congrats, you just lost it all.
Back on topic
5. If you want to talk, do it over PMs, I don't feel like wasting anyone else's time.
I agree with Relenzo2, there should be a drowning for all of the teams but the droids should get a longer time period until their circuits although to make up for this, they should have to have some weakness somewhere else to make up for this, perhaps they could have a reduced movement on another terrain that clones would have boosted/normal movement on.

CLONECOMMANDER501
03-28-2007, 07:21 PM
You two calm down!

Guys, don't even think about begging lucasarts to make a new game. THEY WILL NOT LISTEN. Even if you sue them to do it or write a petition they will do everything legally to illegally to not do it. The only game they got up to a three with was the jedi knights series.

Relenzo2
03-29-2007, 11:13 AM
Well, we don't have to beg them. It's old news on this forums that it IS being made.

Darth Newfie
04-04-2007, 06:04 PM
They should make the 1st person mode better. Make it realistic, such as the visor on the Clone Trooper having cracks in it after getting wounded, obstructing vision, so you would have to return to the field hospital to get a new visor. The same should go for the imperial stormtroopers and scout troopers. You should be able to see your feet. If you can see your feet, you will see wounds appearing on them as your wounded, especially with the rebels. The droids would have sparks flying out from their legs instead of having wounds and maybe they would start to smoke and catch fire after getting extra low on health( in this case the smoke would obstruct you vision instead of the cracked visor). Your wounds would make you limp instead of run. Maybe if you down on like 2 to 5% health as the droids, you would lose a leg or an arm, causing you to have to shoot with one hand or limp on one leg. You would take the choice of getting killed by a clone or return to the MASH to get a new limb amd new health.

I also think that no dead troops should drop supplies. Supplies will be in supply droids or on shelves at the cps. Droids should have repair kits instead of having bacta. The droids should also get electrocuted after time in the water and not drown.

There should be a free roam mode where you are a soldier from the faction of your choosing your base is a space station and you can choose what map to go to and you can go there and do what you want there, such as fight an instant action battle, do odd jobs and challenges or simply drive around shooting and destroying at liesure.

jawathehutt
04-05-2007, 02:25 PM
They should make the 1st person mode better. Make it realistic, such as the visor on the Clone Trooper having cracks in it after getting wounded, obstructing vision, so you would have to return to the field hospital to get a new visor. The same should go for the imperial stormtroopers and scout troopers. You should be able to see your feet. If you can see your feet, you will see wounds appearing on them as your wounded, especially with the rebels. The droids would have sparks flying out from their legs instead of having wounds and maybe they would start to smoke and catch fire after getting extra low on health( in this case the smoke would obstruct you vision instead of the cracked visor). Your wounds would make you limp instead of run. Maybe if you down on like 2 to 5% health as the droids, you would lose a leg or an arm, causing you to have to shoot with one hand or limp on one leg. You would take the choice of getting killed by a clone or return to the MASH to get a new limb amd new health.

That gives people who use 3rd person a thousand times advantage.

There should be a free roam mode where you are a soldier from the faction of your choosing your base is a space station and you can choose what map to go to and you can go there and do what you want there, such as fight an instant action battle, do odd jobs and challenges or simply drive around shooting and destroying at liesure.
That sounds like a lot to program for just an interactive menu, althogh it would be cool, as long as you could use a normal one also.

Darth Newfie
04-05-2007, 06:37 PM
Yes it does give them an advantage, but it makes it more realistic, more war like.

jawathehutt
04-06-2007, 01:21 AM
I say again, it gives them an advantage. In the world of video games, we like to make things fair. Some people like first person, some like third person. Some people are Christian, some people are Muslims. Lets say, theres a Muslim and a Christianplaying say wheel of fortune. The Muslim uses third person, he has no disadvantages. The Christian is firstperson, if he makes a mistake, they blindfold him until he runs from the studio and gets the blindfold off. While the blindfold is being taken off, the Muslim goes and gets 3 extra spins or takes 3 extra CPs that were unguarded. Do you understand now why while it would be cool, it is totaly unfair?

On a side note, this was not ment to offend anyone, I just pulled those religions out because they are the 2 biggest monotheistic religions, I have nothing against either of them or any of the other religions except scienctology because their stupid morons.

Darth Newfie
04-07-2007, 03:29 PM
Yes it is unfair, I see where you are going with this. Unless everbody was third person or everybody was first person but most people wouldn't like or want that.

Unless it only happened in single player. But nevermind, it was just a thought.

Gargoyle King
04-07-2007, 03:45 PM
I doubt there will be a Battlefront III, i feel this may turn into a dream rather than reality (a bit like Kotor III) - and anyway i believe it would be on the next generation consoles like the 360 or PS3 if it was to ever be released that would be unfair on gamers whom can ill afford the rip-off prices of new consoles (especially the PS3, which is a hefty 500 in my country!)

Hoad
04-07-2007, 04:15 PM
I doubt there will be a Battlefront III, i feel this may turn into a dream rather than reality (a bit like Kotor III) - and anyway i believe it would be on the next generation consoles like the 360 or PS3 if it was to ever be released that would be unfair on gamers whom can ill afford the rip-off prices of new consoles (especially the PS3, which is a hefty 500 in my country!)
I'm sure there will be a SWBF 3 just as there will be a KOTOR 3, and to release the sequel to two highly popular and successful games only on those awful consoles is a stupid idea and I think and hope that Lucas Arts know that

Gargoyle King
04-07-2007, 04:18 PM
I'm sure there will be a SWBF 3 just as there will be a KOTOR 3, and to release the sequel to two highly popular and successful games only on those awful consoles is a stupid idea and I think and hope that Lucas Arts know that

That is true - to release a game as outdated technology seems like a fool's errand.... of course a viable alternative would be the PC.

Titanius Anglesmith
04-08-2007, 02:43 PM
Free Radical has already announced there "Secret Project" with Lucas Arts. Since they specialize in first-person shooters, the only two possibilities could be Republic Commando 2 or Battlefront 3, unless it's some new game. I think it will most likely be BF 3, since Pandemic screwed up these games horribly.

And I'd have to agree that LA would be stupid not to release it for PC. All I play is Star Wars PC games, and if they stop making them, they'll take away one of the only things I truly love doing.

jawathehutt
04-08-2007, 09:12 PM
I will lose all respect for FR if they decide that the week or so of converting the game to PC would be to hard.

tyrone333
04-09-2007, 03:41 AM
i only play battlefront 1 and 2 but the pc can run bf3s technolgly sincei have an xbox i just dont have enough hard drive space but if nimber 3 isent for pc i am gonna be so mad.
lucasarts going bf3 pc does not have graphics to run bf3 blah ah bull pc has the graphics.

Darth Newfie
04-09-2007, 05:00 PM
I think the number of cheat codes, easter eggs and secrets should be increased. Go to my thread in the Star Wars Battlefront 1 Strategy forum labelled Secret Message for every secret I have found so far, please.

MeToua
04-09-2007, 06:27 PM
I think if they make a new Geonosis map it should have more dust flying around. like the one shot in the movie where all u see is the blaster fire and alittle bit of the troopers.

MachineCult
04-09-2007, 06:43 PM
^^^ I thought the same about the SWBF2 Geonosis, that shot was very cool.

Darth Newfie
04-10-2007, 07:24 AM
Yes they should definetley remake Geonosis. The BF2 version was the crappiest map and my least favorite. They should also remake Felucia.

jawathehutt
04-10-2007, 09:07 AM
I think the dust would be great if you could turn it off.

oh and Tyrone, care to retype your post in English?

Redtech
04-11-2007, 11:07 AM
I think the dust would be great if you could turn it off.

oh and Tyrone, care to retype your post in English?
I believe he said his PC could play BF3 (if it existed)..he also has an XBox and if 'they' are saying that PC couldn't do the graphics of BFIII then that is BS.

-----------------
Me, I am a fan of better maps. Also Geonosis is a bit "bright" at the mo, needs more red tinting and a more diverse battlefield. Republic Commando had a novel attempt. I kinda like the scene where Padme's ship comes down and there's loads of refinary stacks and the launch doors to tech union ships and it's dark and menacing.

Geonosis nights anyone?

jawathehutt
04-11-2007, 05:11 PM
along that last note, how about an option for weather and time of day. It would be the first innovative thing for the battlefront series. You could have a choice of morning, noon, evening and then night. You could also chose to add say rain or snow or windy(causing sand storms).

TKT101
04-11-2007, 08:06 PM
jawathehutt you do have point that we should have weather and time of day. It would the battles more diverse by adding advantages and disadvantages to battles by making it hard see in the darkness or in the blinding sand storms. And making the combat the easier by being able trace the bullets back to the unit they cam from.

From this idea i also got another. a new group of units specialized in night attacks. They have a new ability to see with night vision googles. The googles help the special troops see in the dark with no trouble. They would be usually used for taking out people without being seen. As primary weapons they would wield a silenced blaster rifle and commando pistols. As secondary weapons they would wield the night vision googles, Kamino death darts, and themal grenades.

Always thinking of new troopers :ears1:

Ali1392
04-11-2007, 08:58 PM
i would like to see clone assassins with blades that flip out and they move very fast

jawathehutt
04-11-2007, 11:15 PM
From this idea i also got another. a new group of units specialized in night attacks. They have a new ability to see with night vision googles. The googles help the special troops see in the dark with no trouble. They would be usually used for taking out people without being seen. As primary weapons they would wield a silenced blaster rifle and commando pistols. As secondary weapons they would wield the night vision googles, Kamino death darts, and themal grenades.

Always thinking of new troopers :ears1:
That would be another good argument for multiple kits per class. One of them for each class could be more oriented for stealth and night time while others for day and maybe one who has normal main guns, a silenced side arm and night vision.

TKT101
04-12-2007, 08:05 AM
Hmmmmm..... Maybe a large battlefield let's say Feluica(by the way I think Feluica sucks) there could three factions fightnig at once maybe....

Well, anyway I got a new trooper again this one is specialized at boarding enemy ship in space battles. They can only be used in the space battle for invading a enemy ship by foot(or jetpacking). These troops carry oxygen tanks(droids don't because they can breath in space) and have jetpack to get the location they need go. they are the only troops that jump outside the hanger shield by foot. They best used for make a strike at the enemy from a more eay postion..the top the capital ship. they have a slicing device that can over some time cut through enemy ship so that you drop in to some place with in the ship. As primary weapons they wield a Blaster Rifle and a commando pistol. As secondary weapons they wield thermal grenades, advanced fusion cutter, and time bombs. This weapons make them a threat if you let squad of them attack the ship. So better you better denfend against them from inside and outside the ship.

italymon
04-12-2007, 09:24 AM
Maybe the addition of buzz droids that will slowly destroy the target in the space battles.

Redtech
04-12-2007, 11:39 AM
I prefer integrated land-high altitude battles compared to "Rogue Squadron lite" space battles. After all, it'd be funny to be ab;e to launch buzz droid at an enemy command post as well! Or on people...tanks...wookies...

And I'm in agreement with Jawas weather/time points and multi-kit classes (OK TKT101, your night visions goggles!)

More options=good.

italymon
04-12-2007, 04:42 PM
Or on people...tanks...wookies...

Have something against wookies, eh? :P

TKT101
04-12-2007, 05:49 PM
italymon that was a stupid comment to Redtech post, plz in the future don't make those kinds of posts because it is like spam

italymon
04-13-2007, 04:54 PM
Sorry about that, just trying to lighten things up here...