PDA

View Full Version : Did GL mess up Prequels?

Nedak
07-17-2006, 03:38 PM
In my opinion GL could have improved the Prequels alot. This is what I think he did wrong.

1.Could have added blood or gore to show the cruelness of war.
2.Could have made the clones more of a threat instead of only being good somtimes.
3.When Anakin gets his hand cut off, and when Dooku gets his head and arms cut off there should been blood. Also in RotS when Anakin gets both legs and arm cut off there should have been blood then also.
4.Should have made Darth Maul dieing a little more realistic.
5. Should have taken out Jar'Jar.
6. Should of made the Gungan VS Droid war a little less stupid.
7. Should have made it so the Gungan war was underwater.
8. Should have introduced more planets and gave more background info or atleast mentioned other planets.
9.Should have made Obi-wan less of a wimp in RotS.
10.Should have made it so the fight in Palpatines office was more realistic (shouldnt have killed off Jedi masters so quick)
11. Should have told who Jedi Master Syphodias is.

Well there are others but can't think of them all at this moment. If anyone disagrees with anything I just said or wants to add on please share. Please do not Flame. Even tho I think GL did not do the greatest job with 1-3 I still love Star Wars and oddly enough like the prequels (if that makes any sense lol).

Pho3nix
07-17-2006, 04:10 PM
Well, sure he could have added a bit more reality to the lightsaber fights for example, But blood&gore don't really mix with sci-fi imho.

TK-8252
07-17-2006, 04:18 PM
It seems for the most part, your wishes are just picky little things that really would have added nothing to the movies or are merely opinion-based. Apparently you don't know that lightsabers usually don't show blood, although there WAS blood when Maul was struck down (in a sort of gaseous form). Not OMG BLOOD AND GORE YAY!!! type stuff that you would except to see in a stupid shooting-explosions-sex-guns-etc. movie.

And we DO know who Sifo-Dyas was. He was explained in AotC. In case you don't remember...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sifo-Dyas

PoiuyWired
07-17-2006, 04:48 PM
In my opinion GL could have improved the Prequels alot. This is what I think he did wrong.

1.Could have added blood or gore to show the cruelness of war.
<SNAP!>
5. Should have taken out Jar'Jar.
<SNAP!>
7. Should have made it so the Gungan war was underwater.
8. Should have introduced more planets and gave more background info or atleast mentioned other planets.
9.Should have made Obi-wan less of a wimp in RotS.
<SNAP!>

Well there are others but can't think of them all at this moment. If anyone disagrees with anything I just said or wants to add on please share. Please do not Flame. Even tho I think GL did not do the greatest job with 1-3 I still love Star Wars and oddly enough like the prequels (if that makes any sense lol).

1: Partly Agree. iWhile I don't think this needs massive blood and gore, sometimes cuts and wounds are lessened to an unbelieving level. Whats with gungans and such is obvious(gee no dead body thing, its like A-team all over again even Trekkies do it better), but there are other things too. Sure sabers don't leave blood, but bodyparts do go flying when Jedis going chop-chop.

Oh, while we are at the topic of Blood & Bouncy, whassup with the lack of yum-yums in the series. I mean the OT have its share of nice twi'lek chicks, no so for the PT(and no GL's daughter or something is a cow).

5: Friggin` Agree!!! Then like everyone else, we all think jarjar stinks is overplayed. If not he might be tolerable.

7: No. Remember the whole thing is also a diversion. There is a reason how the gungans are doing it on land. And as said the whole thing is softened in the movie to the point of annoying. In books and movies gungans fare much better in the war in the way that they actually FIGHT like warroirs, and the dead piles up like it should be.

8: Thats what EU is for, there is enough of tie-ins seriously. In books these may be possable, but as a movie, you are nuts! Its like if Peter Jackson is doing LotR movies with everything in the books, including the poems and what not... Ok, it might not be that long, but still, it would be too long for the casual viewers.

9: Well, he is doing acceptable acting. And no I won't call him a wimp. Why do you think so?

TK-8252
07-17-2006, 04:54 PM
but bodyparts do go flying when Jedis going chop-chop.

Right, and the parts don't bleed, because of the nature of lightsabers.

=DEATH STAR=
07-17-2006, 05:35 PM
I think that there should be more action in Episode I, and less romance in Episode II (between Anakin and Padme)

Darth Andrew
07-17-2006, 05:46 PM
THP would have been a great movie, but Jar-Jar was turned into a merchandise figure. If he was downplayed, the movie would have been a lot better.

AotC was crippled with the horrible love story, and a lot of the dialogue between Anakin and Padme was ridiculous.

RotS was the best of the three, though the beginning space battle should have had no R2-D2-buzz droid cage fight crap. Also, Grievous should have been more of a challenge for Obi-Wan to defeat.

Also, two main problems that plagued the three were: horrible scripts for the dialogue, which brought out little or forced emotion, especially from Christensen and Portman, and lame jokes between R2-D2 and C-3PO. It was funny to watch in the OT, but it really dragged the story (especially in AotC and RotS).

That's my two cents.

Pho3nix
07-17-2006, 06:09 PM
Actually the love story wasn't that horrible, it lacked potential and good acting skills. Evidence of this is probably the best scene between Anakin in Padmé in Episode III when Anakin considers his options in the Jedi Temple while looking from one of the windows at Padmés' apartment where she is also looking at him and he sheds a tear. Ironically this scene has no dialogue. Nuff said.

Darth Andrew
07-17-2006, 06:18 PM
It was ok in RotS, but to me some of it seemed forced, especially where Padme says "Anakin, you're breaking my heart!" But it was pathetic in AotC. I dunno, but to me, if one cringes/skips a scene, there must be something wrong with it. ;)

=DEATH STAR=
07-17-2006, 06:18 PM
I think that the Tusken-Raider camp part in AOTC could use some work. For one thing, how is it that the mom was alive long enough just to see her son? I mean she died almost the instant he had her in his arms. (It might just be that she had hope that he would come back, to 'save her') Also, don't you think that Yoda could attack Dooku AND keep the debris from falling at the the end of AOTC? I mean he IS the Jedi Grand Master. Just some more thoughts. Darn you Andrew my sig. takes more time to load!!! :(

TK-8252
07-17-2006, 07:38 PM
Also, don't you think that Yoda could attack Dooku AND keep the debris from falling at the the end of AOTC? I mean he IS the Jedi Grand Master. Just some more thoughts.

Dooku ran away onto his ship. Don't you remember? I'd find it hard to believe that Yoda could, in a fatigued state, hold up the debris AND chase after Dooku on his ship at the same time.

Nedak
07-17-2006, 07:50 PM
9: Well, he is doing acceptable acting. And no I won't call him a wimp. Why do you think so?

Maybe wimp was not the right choice of words, what I mean is like when he was fighting Dooku how he lost so easly, and how it seemed that he didnt have very much faith in the rescue mission in RotS.

=DEATH STAR=
07-18-2006, 07:30 AM
They also made the Jedi Masters(including Mace Windu) look like wimps when the attacked the chancellor. He took down all four almost at once (except Mace). Don't you think that they could have defended themselves? I mean if I look them up they have done great things.

St. Jimmy
07-18-2006, 09:05 AM
1. Yeah, but you gotta take into account the nature of all the weapons.
2. Agreed.
3. See No. 1
4. I didn't think it was too bad... but it did seem to be missing something...
5. At first he was OK but now I can only handle him in small amounts, as for taking him out... No, they just should have toned him down a bit.
6. It was all right but it would have been cool to see them do a few more military movements other than just forming up in messy ranks.
7. What PoiuyWired said.
8. Mentioning, Yes. I'm not too sure about giving backrounds to them though. It would have taken away from the rest of the movies.
9. meh. He was all right.
10. Agree with you there.
11. TK-8252 covered that.

I'm now just waiting for Kurgan to come in with a huge post. Ha!

St. Jimmy
07-18-2006, 09:16 AM
I'm not so sure he 'messed them up' in fact he did a great job! but he could have done a little better, that's all.

Terran I
07-18-2006, 12:52 PM
The New Hope is the only good movie, all others are messed up, at the end of the RotS I wondered why did I even watch Episodes 5,6,1,2,3. Episode 4 had a great, I mean perfect ending, but no sequal make so much MONEY. And St. Jimmy he did mess them up. But it still could get worse, he can make a new trilogy, I wouldn't be surprised, after all he is GL!

PoiuyWired
07-18-2006, 01:33 PM
Depends... I mean those so-called Love-Story in AotC... Oh Geee... Teen-Talk Barbie have better scripts than that. I makes me think how the hack did GL pick up his wife...

Acting is horrabie on that part too, to say the least. But it takes skills to do it that bad, worse than the typical Cliche love story line even.

TK-8252
07-18-2006, 01:55 PM
They also made the Jedi Masters(including Mace Windu) look like wimps when the attacked the chancellor. He took down all four almost at once (except Mace). Don't you think that they could have defended themselves? I mean if I look them up they have done great things.

You underestimate Sidious. He managed to defeat Yoda and Mace (with help). So how are these lesser Jedi Masters supposed to stand a chance?

Prime
07-18-2006, 03:59 PM
I think that there should be more action in Episode I, and less romance in Episode II (between Anakin and Padme)But the romance is one of the most important parts of the prequels, since what happened to Anakin is based largely on it. So I don't think there should really be less of it, just executed better. Romance in a film like Star Wars doesn't have to be painful. And I don't blame the actors totally for that either.

Overall, I really enjoyed the prequels (and unlike Chase I felt there was a lot more good than bad), if not as much as the originals. But then again, I never expected to.

Nedak
07-18-2006, 05:10 PM
You underestimate Sidious. He managed to defeat Yoda and Mace (with help). So how are these lesser Jedi Masters supposed to stand a chance?

But it looked so fake! All Sidious was doing was stabbing, and they died like two seconds into the fight.

=DEATH STAR=
07-18-2006, 05:20 PM
Yeah and if it was real wouldn't the jedi masters who had survived a lot of other wars be able to block someone stabbing at them? (Lets not forget they had the force......)

Nedak
07-18-2006, 05:24 PM
Ya, and its not like they were attacked unexpectedly. They knew that Sidious would not just surrender himself willingly.

=DEATH STAR=
07-18-2006, 05:31 PM
Another thing why couldn't Dooku sense that Sidious was going to betray him? I mean in the book for ROTS, Mace could sense everything that a padawan or fellow master was trying to hide from him by reaching out with the force. And when Yoda and Sidious are battling in the Senate Rotunda, Yoda should have tryed to use the force sooner. All he did was jump from place to place, dodging thing hurled at him. I think he's powerful enough to block and hurl them back at Sidious. (He did this ONCE)

urluckyday
07-18-2006, 05:47 PM
In regards to the "blood or gore" statement that was made, I don't wanna sound like a nerd, but it's kind of hard to show actual blood because when a laser goes through flesh it cauterizes(spelling?). For those few that aren't sure what this means, it means that a wound it closed by super-heating the flesh. This prevents bleeding...yea...sorry for that rant.

Nedak
07-18-2006, 06:10 PM
In regards to the "blood or gore" statement that was made, I don't wanna sound like a nerd, but it's kind of hard to show actual blood because when a laser goes through flesh it cauterizes(spelling?). For those few that aren't sure what this means, it means that a wound it closed by super-heating the flesh. This prevents bleeding...yea...sorry for that rant.

Ok thank you for sharing.

Another thing why couldn't Dooku sense that Sidious was going to betray him? I mean in the book for ROTS, Mace could sense everything that a padawan or fellow master was trying to hide from him by reaching out with the force. And when Yoda and Sidious are battling in the Senate Rotunda, Yoda should have tryed to use the force sooner. All he did was jump from place to place, dodging thing hurled at him. I think he's powerful enough to block and hurl them back at Sidious. (He did this ONCE

I agree with you DEATHSTAR. I also think that in Sidious's office that it would have been cooler if Anakin and Sidious were taking on the Jedi together, because it seemed that Mace's death was not as thrilling as it would have been if he had died in the heat of battle.

St. Jimmy
07-19-2006, 04:40 AM
Yeah, it would have been wicked to see him fight a decent battle vs. the emperor and Anakin. you could see his cool sabre-style compared to theirs and it would have delveloped Anakin a little more.

=DEATH STAR=
07-19-2006, 07:06 AM
And another thing: when Anakin leap to kill Obi-Wan on Mustafar, don't you think that he could have 'forseen' what Obi was going to do? I mean it was a huge swing, in a way like a bat, and Anakin leap like 4 feet off the ground.

Char Ell
07-19-2006, 10:55 AM
^^^
Obi-Wan had the high ground , reminded Anakin/Vader of this fact, and advised him not to try it no less. Anakin jumped a lot higher than 4 feet during the last moments he had with his 3 remaining natural appendages, otherwise he would have jumped right into Obi-Wan. Basically Anakin/Vader arrogantly overestimated his new darkside abilities and paid a heavy price.

I liked Episodes 1-3. I think George Lucas used much the same formula as he did with the OT. I think many people's complaints about the PT stem from the fact that they were a lot younger when they saw the OT and don't take into account the fact that their tastes in movies changed between 1987 and 1999. ;)

urluckyday
07-19-2006, 11:07 AM
Hey no problem...always glad to share my knowledge...

(yes I know your thanks was sarcastic...)

Nedak
07-19-2006, 02:41 PM
And another thing: when Anakin leap to kill Obi-Wan on Mustafar, don't you think that he could have 'forseen' what Obi was going to do? I mean it was a huge swing, in a way like a bat, and Anakin leap like 4 feet off the ground.

I also think that Anakin's rage was probably preventing him from thinking straight.

PoiuyWired
07-19-2006, 03:37 PM
Well, I do think the Palpy ganking scene is a bit cheesy. Sure he is powerful, lot more powerful then the jedi masters save Mace, but you would think them jedis would at least be able to block a few hits before going down. I mean even a lucky morgukai have a chance of blocking a hit or two, not to mention jedi masters. And yes, Mace make funny faces before he die...

As for Love Scene, if they can't do it nice, then keep it short. Long bad scenes have adverse effect to the whole story. Its like, if you can't have a good line, just don't say it. I find that a few of the scenes would look/work better if you can mute the dialogue, leaving just the music.

That does not prevent people from crushed by random objects, or blown into pieces, or half molten by turbo-laser, or... you get the picture.

Commander Obi-Wan
07-19-2006, 03:54 PM
I liked the prequels. He may have made a mistake on some of te characters and scenes, but he still did a good job.

TK-8252
07-19-2006, 03:57 PM
That does not prevent people from crushed by random objects, or blown into pieces, or half molten by turbo-laser, or... you get the picture.

Strange, I never remember any of these things happening in the movies. Sorry.

Nedak
07-19-2006, 08:29 PM
^ Well when Obi-wan was thrown across the room and Dooku moved the big thingy mabob on him.

RC-1162
07-20-2006, 08:14 AM
well, obviously Obi Wan coudnt have been crushed, or 4,5 and 6 would have been screwed.

TK-8252
07-20-2006, 01:15 PM
^ Well when Obi-wan was thrown across the room and Dooku moved the big thingy mabob on him.

So having a big heavy thing on top of you now makes you burst into pieces? Since when? Usually when someone is pinned down by a heavy thing, they get mad bruises, but don't bleed like they got shot.

Nedak
07-20-2006, 02:50 PM
Yes of course but somthing sharp had to atleast give him a gash on his leg. And right after he 'woke up' he got up and started walking, like nothing happend; took on Grevious,ect.

TK-8252
07-20-2006, 03:01 PM
Yes of course but somthing sharp had to atleast give him a gash on his leg.

You don't know that.

And right after he 'woke up' he got up and started walking, like nothing happend; took on Grevious,ect.

Which shows that no real damage was done. He was knocked out for a while. That's about it. No point in showing blood.

Nedak
07-20-2006, 04:07 PM
Which shows that no real damage was done. He was knocked out for a while. That's about it. No point in showing blood.

Did Obi-Wans head actualy even hit the ground? It looked like he hit the ground and his head landed on his arm.

TK-8252
07-20-2006, 04:29 PM
Did Obi-Wans head actualy even hit the ground? It looked like he hit the ground and his head landed on his arm.

Hmm... so I guess then he decided to take a refreshing nap on Grevious's command ship right in the middle of a war.

Nedak
07-20-2006, 05:18 PM
^Looks like it. Still never see his head actualy hit the ground.

grrrrrrrrrr7
07-20-2006, 07:32 PM
............Anakin and Obi-Wan make their way through the Federation Cruiser, fighting through an army of droids. Meanwhile, R2-D2 aids Obi-Wan and Anakin from the hangar bay while simultaneously fending off a pair of super battle droids.

The Jedi reach the room where Count Dooku is holding Chancellor Palpatine captive. A lightsaber battle ensues, with the two Jedi teaming up against Dooku. During the battle, Obi-Wan is rendered unconscious when Dooku uses the Force to hold him in mid-air, then hurls him against a wall................

(From a Wookieepedia article, you can find it here (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_3))

Sorry it doesn't give all the details.

Nedak
07-20-2006, 07:47 PM
^ How could he become unconscious from being lifted by the force tho?

TK-8252
07-20-2006, 07:51 PM
^ How could he become unconscious from being lifted by the force tho?

He was being choked, after all.

Nedak
07-20-2006, 07:57 PM
^Thats true.

Anyways back to the main subject!

PoiuyWired
07-21-2006, 12:59 PM
... maybe Obi was having wet dreams about his dead girlfriend all night long...

OR, maybe cause he got flicking force choked and slammed around the ship.

I think the second one makes the most sense.

Then again I know there is also the theory of Palpy helping out indirectly, but think its more of a fanon than anything else.

Thrawn3.14
07-29-2006, 01:38 AM
Another thing why couldn't Dooku sense that Sidious was going to betray him? I mean in the book for ROTS, Mace could sense everything that a padawan or fellow master was trying to hide from him by reaching out with the force. And when Yoda and Sidious are battling in the Senate Rotunda, Yoda should have tryed to use the force sooner. All he did was jump from place to place, dodging thing hurled at him. I think he's powerful enough to block and hurl them back at Sidious. (He did this ONCE)

If the chancellor of the Republic Who is also a Sith Lord can hide this fact when the jedi temple is on the same planet, It would make sense that he can conceal his deception which he wasn't really planning (either outcome in the duel would have been beneficial to him) from a single sith lord.

MachineCult
07-29-2006, 06:51 AM
If the chancellor of the Republic Who is also a Sith Lord can hide this fact when the jedi temple is on the same planet, It would make sense that he can conceal his deception which he wasn't really planning (either outcome in the duel would have been beneficial to him) from a single sith lord.
What?

Thrawn3.14
08-03-2006, 02:25 AM
What?

I'm trying to say that if Palpatine can lie to the Entire republic (Jedi Included), It shoud be relatively simple for him to conceal his deception.

In the duel, either outcome Anikan or Dooku being victorious, would have benefitted Sidious. The duel was essentially a test, the victor would obviously be more powerful than the other, ensuring Sidous the most powerful of the two as his apprentice.

Had Dooku been victorious, the only Jedi capable of destroying Sidious, would be eliminated.

Had Anikan won, the events seen in ROTS would have unfolded as we saw.

Depending on your interpretation of the prophesy of the chosen one, Only one outcome would be benificial as Anikan was the only one able to bring balance to the force through the destruction of the jedi order.

P.S It's late so my spelling may be a little off

aner21
11-05-2006, 06:13 PM
There was another think that really p*ssed me of in the prequels. In the OT Obi-Wan states that if the Emperor ever found out about Anakins children they would be hunted down without any mercy. However in the PT he uses that fact to lure him to the darkside. So before he knew and afterwards he didn't??? What about Leia knowing her mother and Luke not knowing? Was she born with her eyes open an Luke with his closed? Of course you can say she remembered her adoptive mother but Luke clearly states "your real mother".

Diego Varen
11-06-2006, 01:55 AM
What annoyed me in the Prequels were the Battle Droids. In Episode I, they were great enemies and looked intimedating, but in Episode II and a lot in Episode III, they became more comic relief and weaker. Personally, the Battle Droids in Episode I were the best.

TSR
11-06-2006, 04:13 AM
Yes, but they ahd that teensy little problem of deactivating when the droid control ship got pooned. Which is why Super battle droids came in, which can act independantly. Therefore, the normal droids were reduced to be cannon fodder.

Mace MacLeod
11-14-2006, 09:25 AM
George Lucas screwed up the prequel trilogy by not delegating some of the workload to more capable people. His brilliance as a storyteller and movie producer far outshines his ability as a movie director, and this in turn is vastly superior to his total ineptitude as a screenwriter. Part of the reason why the original trilogy is so much better than the prequels (IMHO) was that when GL was just a newbie nobody making Star Wars he didn't have the clout to do everything exactly the way he wanted, and the actors were able to figure out better dialogue than the claptrap he'd written. Harrison Ford said it best while on the Star Wars set: "You can type this s**t George, but you can't speak it!" With the prequels however, absolutely everybody just said: "Yessir, right away sir, Mr. Lucas sir!"

RC-1162
11-14-2006, 12:22 PM
would it have made a difference if Speilberg or someone was given the movies to shoot?

MachineCult
11-14-2006, 05:59 PM
@ Macleod, it's not a coincidence that the best OT film wasn't directed by lucas.

Mace MacLeod
11-14-2006, 09:22 PM
@ Macleod, it's not a coincidence that the best OT film wasn't directed by lucas.Word.
would it have made a difference if Speilberg or someone was given the movies to shoot?Not as big a difference as if he'd let someone else work on the script.

The Source
11-15-2006, 04:49 PM
George Lucas screwed up the prequel trilogy by not delegating some of the workload to more capable people. His brilliance as a storyteller and movie producer far outshines his ability as a movie director, and this in turn is vastly superior to his total ineptitude as a screenwriter. Part of the reason why the original trilogy is so much better than the prequels (IMHO) was that when GL was just a newbie nobody making Star Wars he didn't have the clout to do everything exactly the way he wanted, and the actors were able to figure out better dialogue than the claptrap he'd written. Harrison Ford said it best while on the Star Wars set: "You can type this s**t George, but you can't speak it!" With the prequels however, absolutely everybody just said: "Yessir, right away sir, Mr. Lucas sir!"
I think that success goes to people's heads. Sometimes people can make so much money that how they get it becomes meaningless.

I personally thought that Episodes I, II, and III should have been like this:
Episode I - Ani' age 16ish
Episode II - Ani' age 18/19ish
Episode III - Ani' age 20/21ish

I personally believe that Episode V was the best of all six. Episode III had the beginings of a great story, but it never truely capitalized on anything. They could have gone a lot darker and older.

Ani' was way too young in Episode I and II, and I completely disconnected from the character. Luke was around 16/17 years old in 'A New Hope', and that is where I thought they would start Ani'. Once he went younger than that, I coudn't relate to his character in anyway.

Episode III could have been stronger, darker, and successful if Lucas made Ani ' older in all insidents (sp?).

Just my two cents.

Mace MacLeod
11-16-2006, 08:54 PM
Well, I'm not really sure if it's a matter of success having gone to his head rather than his success providing a never-ending supply of enough big honkin' dumpsters full of cash to make whatever flim he pleases. George Lucas is the creator and head of this vast entertainment empire, and nobody's going to question his vision, flawed though it may be. I mean, if you're Hayden Christensen and you have the chance to be Anakin Skywalker in what are obviously going to be two of the hugest, most spectacularly successful movies of the modern era, what are you going to say to George Lucas...? "No, I won't speak this crap."? I don't think so.

What resigns the prequel movies to forever being second banana to the original trilogy is (IMHO) that George just isn't very good at getting vibrant performances out of his cast and giving them decent things to say, whatever his brilliance at storytelling and technical filmmaking might be. Look at poor, old Christopher Lee. Remember how sinister and genuinely scary he was just recently in LOTR as Saruman? Then watch Count Dooku. He just seems tired and constipated most of the time. Watch that scene where he confronts Yoda at the end of AotC...when he whips out his lightsaber and holds it in front of his face, he looks like somebody just shoved a turd under his nose.

And the prequel writing was just...gaaaahhhhh.

C3-P0: "Oh, I'm beside myself!" "This is such a drag!" Aaaaaackk...dumb.

Obi-Wan after Anakin directs the fire in their transport in AotC: "Good call, my young padawan!" Yeah, I know I say things like that in the heat of battle all the time... :roleyess:

Obi-Wan on bridge before fighting Dooku again: "My dear Chancellor, Sith Lords are our speciality!" No they bloody aren't! You've fought them twice and got your ass kicked once! You're 1-for-2! I'd say that battledroids seem a lot more your thing, dude...

Anakin: "I will learn to stop people from dying!" George obviously hates contractions, so this line wound up making Anakin sound like Commander Data with PMS.

I could go on...and on...and on...but I won't. This time at least.

TigerDawn
11-17-2006, 12:23 AM
The relevancy of this question really depends on if you have convinced yourself the prequels are anything but pure hype movies.

The content external of star wars was not great, the fact it was Star Wars is all that makes it watchable.

So saying GL messed up, really would depend if this was really the best he could do. Maybe asking "Was GL the right person for the job?" is a better question.

PoiuyWired
11-17-2006, 04:08 PM
The relevancy of this question really depends on if you have convinced yourself the prequels are anything but pure hype movies.

The content external of star wars was not great, the fact it was Star Wars is all that makes it watchable.

So saying GL messed up, really would depend if this was really the best he could do. Maybe asking "Was GL the right person for the job?" is a better question.

Well, it also depends on the "job"

I mean, most shortcomings of prequels(other than bad acting) would come from the dialogue scripts. Change them and many things would feel way cooler. It is funny why no one have done a fan dub for the whole thing with altered dialogues. And seriously, whassup with those love scenes. If GL act like that, I seriously wonder how he can get his wife save a really big stick and a duffel bag.

PS: I would count JarJar as a non factor since he only shows up as an annoyance in TPM, and its a "special case"