PDA

View Full Version : Game Freezes

Lotle
08-09-2006, 03:05 AM
I've looked for solutions to this.. but i can't seem to find it anywhere and nobody seems to be having this problem.

When i try to play a seige map (something valley specifically)... it works fine as long as i spectate or auto-join... but if i try to join a team of my choice or change my class the game freezes and the audio loops and its just plain broken... i'd really like to play single player seige agains these bots but it doesn't seem to work. How can i fix this?

Thanks - Lotle

UDM
08-09-2006, 06:45 AM
Yes it doesn't work if you host a non-dedicated game and go straight into it

The solution is to create an Internet dedicated server, and then join in separately after creating the server

Lotle
08-09-2006, 01:19 PM
Ahh.. thanks.. i never would've thought to try that... i'll give it a go when i get off today..

razorace
08-09-2006, 09:18 PM
Yes it doesn't work if you host a non-dedicated game and go straight into it

The solution is to create an Internet dedicated server, and then join in separately after creating the server
Say wha? When did this happen?

UDM
08-09-2006, 11:04 PM
When I try to play Siege either Solo Game or Create Game (No dedicated server), I crash in-game after selecting my class

Lotle
08-09-2006, 11:36 PM
Grr.. it still didn't work... yes, i was able to join the game and select my class but i was not able to play 'cause the bots never joined (or i really didn't join 'cause it always shows me staus as spectator).... how can i get the bots to join?

Thanks

UDM
08-10-2006, 03:49 AM
addbot <nickname> <bot name> <difficulty from 1-5, 1 easiest 5 hardest> <team>

'nickname' is the name that you want to give the bot. It is omitable, the bot will just stick to its original name eg. Luke_Skywalker, Desann, Morgan_Katarn etc

So you'd put something like

addbot Tavion 5 blue

Lotle
08-10-2006, 03:54 AM
how do i get a console to enter that? ~ doesn't seem to work....

Lotle
08-10-2006, 05:12 AM
Oh.. duh.. sry i figured it out... THANKS!!!! I love the bots!!!!

Sushi_CW
09-20-2006, 10:10 PM
Just wanted to report that Seige routinely crashes for me. I'm running the current CVS dlls on top of beta 009h.

ensiform
09-20-2006, 10:18 PM
addbot <nickname> <bot name> <difficulty from 1-5, 1 easiest 5 hardest> <team>

'nickname' is the name that you want to give the bot. It is omitable, the bot will just stick to its original name eg. Luke_Skywalker, Desann, Morgan_Katarn etc

So you'd put something like

addbot Tavion 5 blue

addbot <botname> [skill 1-5] [team] [msec delay] [altname] [bottype] is the correct format and bottype + msec delay can be ignored unless you know what you are doing.

razorace
09-20-2006, 10:28 PM
Just wanted to report that Seige routinely crashes for me. I'm running the current CVS dlls on top of beta 009h.
The MAX_CVAR Error? If so, try cleaning out the .cfg files you have in your directory. That's almost always the cause.

ensiform
09-20-2006, 10:52 PM
Not when in siege :smash:

razor plz 2 sign on to aim.