View Full Version : mod question

08-10-2006, 10:27 PM
srry, but i still can't get my mod working (C.I.Sv4). all i have is the folders: mods, XML, data, CIS (name of mod), and an icon on my desktop and i do not know what 2 do next. please help if u can.

ty :)

08-10-2006, 11:11 PM
create a shortcut to sweaw.exe
place the data folder in the mods folder. Create a folder called CIS and place data in there.
Now in the shortcut, open the properties and add to the path, MODPATH=Mods\CIS

Make sure the " edn before you put the modpath in. This should get it to work.

08-11-2006, 12:09 AM
i kinda get it, i put the folder "data" in folder "mods" and i got the cis folder but what data do i put in there? the data u told me to put in the mods folder?

08-11-2006, 12:17 AM
the datafolder goes into the CIS folder

08-11-2006, 02:02 AM
but u said the data folder goes into the mods folder

08-11-2006, 07:05 PM
basicly put XML in Data, Data in CIS, and CIS in Mods

also to add the desktop icon create a shortcut of the SWEAW.exe go to the shotcut on the desktop and right click, go into properties go to the tab shortcut
look at taget and change it to this: "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War\GameData\sweaw.exe" MODPATH=Mods/CIS (with the quotes)

and thats it done now click ok and now you can rename your desktop item to what ever you want.

hope that helped

08-12-2006, 05:51 AM
yes, it helped,i organized the folders, made the shortcut and icon, but when i clicked on it, it was getting ready to launch (cursor with cd next to it) butright after that, nothing happened.

this might be the last problem i need to get rid of, ty for getting me this far guys.

please help if u can.

08-12-2006, 06:09 AM
oh, and one of the tmes i tried to run it, it said "the information was successfully collected and stored to the file: "C:\AnalysisLog.sr0"

does this have to do with the problem of launching the mod?

08-12-2006, 06:21 AM
i have never herd of this problem maybe there is something wrong with your xml folder.

what is in the folder is there any art or text folders in it?

08-12-2006, 07:00 PM
these are what are in my folders.

mods- CIS folder, CIS_icon, thumbs

CIS- Data folder

Data- art folder, text folder, XML folder, conflict in space.bat, about 8 text documents

XML- a bunch of XML documents (Campaigns_singleplayer.xml, Factions.xml ect.)

08-16-2006, 01:03 AM
also, i am trying to run "conflict in space.bat", but it won't bring up the black screen thing.

it shows it for a split second the dissappears. is this suppose to happen?

or am i soppose to put this somewhere else?

08-16-2006, 03:56 PM
Try putting the thumbs.dll in the CIS folder. Don't make the shortcut to the .bat folder. Other then that, I'm not sure. It works fine for me.