PDA

View Full Version : Scripting

STARWARSKOTOR2
08-14-2006, 04:29 PM
i have two questions to ask about scripting!

i have edited sandral estate on kotor 1 and i know how to put it in the game now but do i need to put in a script?

and

i have downloaded the script compiler but it doesnt have a program for me to compie the script i need! i am currently following "creating your own module by doom_dealer" and i have got to the script compiler bit but i can not do it because of the script compiler doesnt work! i was wondering if any one could send me the attack script of NCS and NSS (i think it is!), or tell me where to get a different script compiler!i really need this for my module!

Fiestainabox
08-14-2006, 04:37 PM
First off, how are you editing the sandral state? Are you module editing or what?

Second, kotor tool has a built in script compiler, it doubles as a text editor. Jsut set the script to whatever game you need, and compile it.

STARWARSKOTOR2
08-14-2006, 04:40 PM
sorry i forgot, im module editing, just adding some creatures and adding some placeables! thanks for telling me about the compiler!

Fiestainabox
08-15-2006, 10:37 AM
If your specifically adding placeables and creatures, you don't actually need any scripts, you just need the whereami co-ordinates in game. you type "whereami" in the console, then enter the resulting co-ordinates into the .git file(or is it .ifo?). You have to enter them in a specific location, just copy a node that places a placeable in the game and edit it with your own resref and co-ordinates.