PDA

View Full Version : Newbie trying to do a cutscene!

Kha
08-15-2006, 02:14 PM
Hi... I'm a completly newbie in scripting and I'm trying to do a simple cutscene!
I've extracted the .git, .are and .ifo files from the area I want, and added a script in OnEnter slot of the .are file to load the npcs and it works, I've tried to make it load a dialog to control de cut scene but it doesn't call it.

void main() {
object oCarth = GetObjectByTag("Carth");
object oRevan = GetFirstPC();

AssignCommand(oRevan, ActionJumpToLocation(Location(Vector(64.91, 92.91, 0.0),0.0f)));
AssignCommand(oRevan, ActionUnequipItem(GetItemInSlot(INVENTORY_SLOT_RIG HTWEAPON)));
AssignCommand(oCarth, ActionJumpToLocation(Location(Vector(64.91, 92.42, 0.0),180.0f)));

ActionStartConversation(GetFirstPC(), "kha_dlg01");
} {

I don't know if it is a problem with the script, or the dialog file. Do I need to put it in an npc instead? Any link or suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kha.

Pavlos
08-15-2006, 03:21 PM
The conversation will not start on its own. A creature must start it with the creature defined in the first parameter of the function - in this case the GetFirstPC().

void main() {

// Seeing as how you have placed this in the .are, it is fired more than once
// you may wish to add a variable check :).
// Remove the /* and */ to get the variable parts to compile - there should be two lots of
// them.

/*if (!GetGlobalBoolean("MODULE_ENTERED")) {*/

object oCarth = GetObjectByTag("Carth");
object oRevan = GetFirstPC();

AssignCommand(oRevan, ActionJumpToLocation(Location(Vector(64.91, 92.91, 0.0),0.0f)));
AssignCommand(oRevan, ActionUnequipItem(GetItemInSlot(INVENTORY_SLOT_RIG HTWEAPON)));
AssignCommand(oCarth, ActionJumpToLocation(Location(Vector(64.91, 92.42, 0.0),180.0f)));
AssignCommand(oRevan, ActionStartConversation(GetFirstPC(), "kha_dlg01"));
/*}*/
}

Replace the "MODULE_ENTERED" with the name of a boolean of your choice :). This way the cutscene won't always fire upon entering the module. Of course, if it is a "stunt" module (Only used for this scene) then you don't need the variable check... and you probably knew that already so I'll just shut up now.

Kha
08-15-2006, 06:02 PM
Thank you very much Pavlos it worked, I'm struggling with the camera angles now...
It is just a stunt module, but I'll keep the boolean in mind and in the code, thanks. ;)