PDA

View Full Version : Our Voluntary Mod

Pages : [1] 2

Miss_Mayhem
08-29-2006, 01:35 PM
See this Huz? We are being muchoor and growing up! Seeing as things around our insane little forums have gotten all frazzled and hectic every now and then, it was brought up that perhaps we should elect a voluntary mod. Here is where you can nominate others, run your campaign and other political jazz. i am the official campaign party thrower, you are all invited to my sig party below. Just dont touch the dancing cows and/or monkeys.

Smon
08-29-2006, 01:38 PM
I like this idea, but what are the odds a mod will even see it? They're always too busy being other places...

Miss_Mayhem
08-29-2006, 01:42 PM
Slim to none, but hey, we dont want any trouble, gotta play it low. But even if Huz is never on, it doesn't mean a voluntary mod is impossible. You have me half swaying to your side since you have a pony for a body.

Halo_92
08-29-2006, 02:17 PM
Hey, this is a good idea, here is the ingrediants to the dip *writes down the formula*

Damn I can't mail it to mayham.

Smon
08-29-2006, 02:17 PM
I consider myself someone who can do the job... unfortunately all that job is is stickying importand threads and banning people who are horribly offensive.

Halo_92
08-29-2006, 02:19 PM
Shutting up!

DarthAve
08-29-2006, 02:54 PM
I vote for someone from the monkey island threads to be transferred here.

Preferable ElTee, Gabez is OK too.

Poopdogjr
08-29-2006, 04:15 PM
I place my vote for.......... A RED STAPLER.

IT WILL MAKE ALL OF YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smon
08-29-2006, 05:53 PM
Well, today I got a PM from Thrik offering me the job of Mod for Razputin's Domain, naturally I graciously accepted the title (with as little jumping up and down as possible) and am currently awaiting my awesome new superpowers.

So... start expecting a new bold username and a new Status condition over my Join Date. :D

DarthAve
08-29-2006, 05:57 PM
..NO WAI!!

Smon
08-29-2006, 06:01 PM
..NO WAI!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/Smon/smod.png
Oh yeah, there's a new kid in town. :twogun:

Halo_92
08-29-2006, 06:03 PM
Congrats!

Hail Smon, worthy mod. Hail Smon, worthy mod. [repeats]

Smon
08-29-2006, 06:07 PM
No, no, no, I won't be doing much moderating, not much goes on here anyway, I'll just be breaking up fights, locking violent threads, so on and so forth.

zelda 41
08-29-2006, 06:12 PM
That's awesome Smon!

I just have a favor...

If Dark ever comes back, could you please help if she starts getting really rude?

Halo_92
08-29-2006, 06:16 PM
yeah could you give me a status thing under my username?

Smon
08-29-2006, 06:16 PM
Oh... right... I forgot Mod is french for nanny...

But yes. As a mod it is also my duty to break up fights.

That and take awesome bribes.

...just kidding, they can be regular old bribes too.

Halo_92
08-29-2006, 06:18 PM
ok what do I have to do for the status thing?

But nothing gay.

Smon
08-29-2006, 06:24 PM
It requires patience, determination, timing, luck, and a pure heart.

Sadly, when the mods/admins can't find anyone with that they pick a name out of a hat.

Halo_92
08-29-2006, 06:26 PM
Be patient, got it, but you can't get anymore damn pure than this, right?

DarthAve
08-29-2006, 06:33 PM
Wow. I co-wrote the greatest cartoon crossover to ever hit the interweb with a mod.

Life is good.

Smon
08-29-2006, 06:35 PM
Well it's official. See the name? The status? I rule now.

I think a year of experience as a grammar warrior is good enough to define a mod. But nonetheless, I feel like the luckiest thing on earth right now. Even luckier than whatever you're thinking of.

Halo_92
08-29-2006, 06:37 PM
*Cringes* Must Respect, Must Respect *Cringes* [jk]

DarthAve
08-29-2006, 06:40 PM
Does my almost year of ass kissing mean somthing, Smon?

Oh yeah, that credit in your flash toon. Thanks!

Smon
08-29-2006, 06:46 PM
I shall be a benevolent and neutral moderator, acting for the greater good!

...and money.

Halo_92
08-29-2006, 06:46 PM
[Cringing]................Must Continue Respecting.................[Cringing]

Smon
08-29-2006, 06:47 PM
At ease mortal, respect is good, but worship give me the heeby jeebies.

DarthAve
08-29-2006, 06:51 PM
YAY NO WORSHIP!!! I can be as liniant as Smon commands me to!!!

I won't be here on friday's for a while, you know. Football season. I have friends to hand out with, and boyfriends to make out with.

Halo_92
08-29-2006, 06:55 PM
No offence but your sounding like Bitchface.

Smon
08-29-2006, 06:58 PM
*sigh*

Fighting bad. Bitchface extra-bad.

DarthAve
08-29-2006, 07:03 PM
Dude, no. Let's cool it in a thread ABOUT MODS!

and no, the making out is a lie. I'm almost single. He just gotta log on. But the hanging out is true. I run around with friends and try and start mosh pits.

Poopdogjr
08-29-2006, 07:34 PM
Congrats Smon. You seem pretty level headed and cool, so it seems like a natural choice.

Now about that Red Stapler,...... can he be like the assistant Mod or something? Cuz he would RAWK! PLus he staples stuff.

Klia
08-29-2006, 07:58 PM
I congratulate you Smon.

pyrohappygirl
08-29-2006, 08:19 PM
You rock Smon. Good on you for getting mod. Now I must get back to planning my amazing fan fictions... PYRO AWAY! ~woosh~

elTee
08-29-2006, 08:40 PM
The first thing to go under my swift command will be the fanfictions. Then, in time, any posts which serve no good purpose. I turned the Mixnmojo forums from a palace of fun into a quiet library of study, where if anyone dares post they are tortured and humiliated (kind of like newbies on the Monkey Island forums when those German guys get there first) - the same will happen here.

Now, go do your homework >:

(I mean, carry on)

Miss_Mayhem
08-29-2006, 08:46 PM
Go Smon And elTee! 'Tis quite awesome I must admit. But do I get a net cookie for making the thread that landed you these AWESOME titles? I'm so hungry...

*realization* Oh NOES! I feel so sorry for you Smon. B****face liked you before, imagine how hard she'll crush on you now that you have POWAH and AUTHORITAI!

And what is this I hear about the fanfictions?

DarthAve
08-29-2006, 08:53 PM
ElTee's apparently banning them.

We're gonna have to blow up their shield generator, so one of our rebel fighters can fly into the core of Moderatia, blow up the core, and destrow the Moderiorial Empire. Then, we'll have a teddy-bear picnic on Endor with the Ewoks.

Smon
08-29-2006, 08:53 PM
The first thing to go under my swift command will be the fanfictions. Then, in time, any posts which serve no good purpose. I turned the Mixnmojo forums from a palace of fun into a quiet library of study, where if anyone dares post they are tortured and humiliated (kind of like newbies on the Monkey Island forums when those German guys get there first) - the same will happen here.

Now, go do your homework >:

(I mean, carry on)
...this is just like that episode of ReBoot where Megabyte took over Mainframe and only kept Hexadecimal around to use her as a weapon.

Let's hope that doesn't happen and order and chaos can rule in peace.

Miss_Mayhem
08-29-2006, 08:55 PM
Huzzah! No cookie? *starves*

DarthAve
08-29-2006, 08:59 PM
Let's hope that doesn't happen and order and chaos can rule in peace.
..That makes no sence.

but I like that.

elTee
08-29-2006, 09:12 PM
Closed!

Halo_92
08-29-2006, 09:15 PM
What do you mean?

Closed!

elTee
08-29-2006, 09:17 PM
This kind of puritanical behaivour must stop. No threads will be closed tonight, in celebration of Smon's happiness.

DarthAve
08-29-2006, 09:20 PM
but tomarrow...

BOM BOM BOM BUM BA DUM BUM BA DUM!!!

Smon
08-29-2006, 09:22 PM
This kind of puritanical behaivour must stop. No threads will be closed tonight, in celebration of Smon's happiness.
Thus Razputin's Domain was split into two dominions, Smonteria and elTeepolis, the users each choosing a side. What fools we were, thinking introducing law to a lawless land would bring them together, but in reality it only split them apart.

Miss_Mayhem
08-29-2006, 09:56 PM
Psha, rest eay Smon, everything will be sunshine and bunnies, but tommorow...

Survival begins.

DarthAve
08-29-2006, 09:57 PM
Tomarrow....~Smon in a Darth Vader costume~

Smon-uhh...yeah. I've got stormtrooperz!!!

Smon
08-29-2006, 10:00 PM
Sorry, I wouldn't know how to command them.

But give me a couple redshirt interns and I can make them die with pride!

Miss_Mayhem
08-29-2006, 10:01 PM
I will remain nuetral, like Switzerland but called Mayhemlandia. Thus, I am granted certain rights for not siding or aiding anyone. But then, I will gradually turn into a corrupt and greedy faction that accepts bribes and lives wealthily and happily in my immoral ways till I am finally brought down by a resistance and I die with no regrets.

Poopdogjr
08-30-2006, 12:06 AM
Can I be Canada? And the Red Stapler Australia?

Or maybe the President of Calendars.

Miss_Mayhem
08-30-2006, 12:18 AM
Truly beautiful Jr, like poetry with ?s.

Poopdogjr
08-30-2006, 12:21 AM
Yea, I sort of cut loose here. I even find myself reading what I wrote and thinking WTF? But hey we have fun. It be boring if we were all serious all the time.

Miss_Mayhem
08-30-2006, 12:34 AM
Which is why I lurv this place!

Halo_92
08-30-2006, 12:37 AM
yeah it would.

Davinq
03-23-2007, 12:33 AM
Revived because it needs to be.

Miss_Mayhem
03-23-2007, 12:48 AM
If we need a new moderator, I'll say that I'd make a pretty kickass mod.

Samnmax221
03-23-2007, 12:56 AM
Mayhem called me Macaca!

Jae Onasi
03-23-2007, 01:43 AM
Holy thread necrophilia!

Ray Jones
03-23-2007, 04:16 AM
Hi. I'm selling these fine leather..uuuhh..socks?

martmeister
03-23-2007, 08:13 AM
Have we ran out of ideas already, that we're reviving dead threads? Ooo K

Ray Jones
03-23-2007, 08:28 AM
No, no, it's kind of a new..idea?

JoeDoe 2.0
03-23-2007, 09:09 AM
I though mods elected mods, is this different for RD?

Ray Jones
03-23-2007, 10:55 AM
What's with you guys an this mod-obsession?

milo
03-23-2007, 12:52 PM
Holy thread necrophilia!
I place my spell card face-down on the field and end my turn.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i298/milojmiles/threadnecro.jpg

Davinq
03-23-2007, 02:22 PM
Just thought I'd revive this one instead of making my own. *shrugs*

martmeister
03-23-2007, 02:34 PM
Sure. Vote Davinq for mod!

Davinq
03-23-2007, 02:39 PM
marty, you'd make a decent mod yourself, with your polite and politically and grammatically correct posts. :)

DarthAve
03-23-2007, 02:43 PM
marty, you'd make a decent mod yourself, with your polite and politically and grammatically correct posts. :)
I second this. LET'S GO TALK TO THRIK.

Davinq
03-23-2007, 05:15 PM
Right behind you. We need him to make some more mods. ElTee doesn't show up enough, and Smon... yeah he shows up, doesn't post or socialize very much though.

New mods ftw!

Current candidates:

Mayhem
Davinq
martmeister

Samnmax221
03-23-2007, 05:32 PM
Thanks Asshat.

I'm running as the "Troll Party" Candidate.

DarthAve
03-23-2007, 05:43 PM
Can I run for the YPPP?

What is the YPPP? The YPPP stands for the youth Power Political Party. My friend and I invented it. Our animal is the sheep.

Grey Master
03-23-2007, 06:08 PM
I vote for the winner.

JoeDoe 2.0
03-23-2007, 06:29 PM
So anybody can be a mod????

..........Count me in then. :D

Miss_Mayhem
03-24-2007, 12:23 AM
You are new to our history, arent you? Allow me to enlighten you: in days long past, RD had no modz. We could pretty much do whatever we wanted. Then came the Dark/Ave war. It was a flamefest of the ages, and after all was done and said, people began complaining. We needed a mod.

So a historical things happened. I started this thread semi-jokingly, never knowing Thrik would take notice. But a few RDers campaigned, and Thrik chose who he thought would make a more respectable mod. It was quite democratic. Since our modz dont really even do the little that is needed (since the poor souls cant even find the time to go on), and after the whole Drama, we've concluded we need a new mod.

I myself think I'd make a good mod. Had I never started this thread in the first place, we wouldn't even have our current AWOL modz at all. I know just as much about RD and it's history as it's oldest members, I am generally quite polite, spell as good as I possibly can, and adhere to the conventions of English. I do not stir up drama, nor do I take sides. I remain neutral for the most part and watch the action unfold with a bag of buttery popcorn. I introduced 2 new RDers whom we've already come to accept into our little heathen island, Turtlefreak and Tabby. I spread the Drama news over to those who'd taken a break from our happy little forums, egged Jimmy to return, started our oh-so-popular community RPs with 'The Anti-Tim RPG', have never eaten anything cute, called anyone a racial slur, lied under oath, caused a clusterf__k in the middleeast, started a war (even a flame-war) or anything.

So ...

Vote Mayhem for mod!

Davinq
03-24-2007, 02:32 AM
You are new to our history, arent you? Allow me to enlighten you: in days long past, RD had no modz. We could pretty much do whatever we wanted. Then came the Dark/Ave war. It was a flamefest of the ages, and after all was done and said, people began complaining. We needed a mod.

So a historical things happened. I started this thread semi-jokingly, never knowing Thrik would take notice. But a few RDers campaigned, and Thrik chose who he thought would make a more respectable mod. It was quite democratic. Since our modz dont really even do the little that is needed (since the poor souls cant even find the time to go on), and after the whole Drama, we've concluded we need a new mod.

I myself think I'd make a good mod. Had I never started this thread in the first place, we wouldn't even have our current AWOL modz at all. I know just as much about RD and it's history as it's oldest members, I am generally quite polite, spell as good as I possibly can, and adhere to the conventions of English. I do not stir up drama, nor do I take sides. I remain neutral for the most part and watch the action unfold with a bag of buttery popcorn. I introduced 2 new RDers whom we've already come to accept into our little heathen island, Turtlefreak and Tabby. I spread the Drama news over to those who'd taken a break from our happy little forums, egged Jimmy to return, started our oh-so-popular community RPs with 'The Anti-Tim RPG', have never eaten anything cute, called anyone a racial slur, lied under oath, caused a clusterf__k in the middleeast, started a war (even a flame-war) or anything.

So ...

Vote Mayhem for mod!

Wow... I don't think I could quite possibly live up to that. Good thing it's all lies. :xp:

That, and you never mentioned what you would do once you were made a mod. If I were to be elected as RD's newest moderator, I would crack down on pointless spam that isn't even of RD quality, and whose only purpose is to boost post count. The supermod known as coupes has taught... er, lectured me well in the area.

I've taken sides a couple of times in RD's past (Pirates, Zelly then Ave), but usually in the end I sit on the middle bench.

My studies? I have studied a minimum of 5 threads with a minimun of two pages each per forum page. Therefore, even though I arrived to the heathen island later than some, like Mayhem, I am well-versed in this haven's history.

My frequent presence within the forums should be evidence enough to you all that I would not unknowingly and without warning go MIA. So...

Vote Davinq for mod!

::shakes hands with Mayhem::

Let the elections begin!

St. Jimmy
03-24-2007, 03:55 AM
Wtf happened to me campaigning? Dav? Huh? I'm gone for a few weeks and this is how the forums are when I get back? WITHOUT a St. Jimmy Campaign? (Dav, you were sposed to set it up for me ready for me for when I got back) But I guess I'll have to do it now...

Vote me. I'll tell you why after dinner.

Miss_Mayhem
03-24-2007, 02:08 PM
As mod I will throw a party complete with dancing cows, give everyone star stickers, crack down on page stretching, and attend to RD's random nature, making sure it stays so. I will edit as few posts as possible, lock only the threads I need to, making sure that our heathen island doesn't turn completely civilized.

Grey Master
03-24-2007, 03:08 PM
I vote for Jimmy

Davinq
03-24-2007, 03:10 PM
I think Thrik will create two mods, not just one. Our current AWOL ones don't show up nearly enough, so it would behoove him to elect more than one candidate.

MAYHEM AND ME. :D

~Davinq

DarthAve
03-24-2007, 03:19 PM
I should be a mod because...

1. I've been at the LF for longer than most of the other Mod candidates
2. I have a fair sence of justice
3. I support dogs and turtles and penguins and all other little creatures to be free forever.
4. I own a red accordian.
5. I'm beloved by a lot of people.
6. You're all on MY friends list, so I want somthing in return.
7. Free truffles for everyone, if I win.
8. I promise I'm not a dictator.
9. No animal shall consume alcohol
10. I will listen to all you have to say.
11. I'm just so dang fly.

So, please pick me. Because if you don't, I won't bring truffles and ushanka's.

Grey Master
03-24-2007, 03:34 PM
Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy!!

Miss_Mayhem
03-24-2007, 04:07 PM
Vote for me, I'm awesome, and wont become corrupt. I dont get all snippy either either.

I'm thinking that Thrik will make more than one mod too, he said he needed to replace at least 2.

DarthAve
03-24-2007, 04:20 PM
Well, I know the ropes of this place. I'm only mean to those who get on my nerves or do the wrong thing. And I will have meetings monthly on how we can improve the RD and make it the place to go in LF.

DylanMay
03-25-2007, 03:08 AM
Oh, I want Mayhem to be a Mod! I vote for you, Mayhem. I'll wear a button with your face on it. [pins button to shirt and winces as it goes into chest] Ow... too deep.

But seriously, I vote for you.

St. Jimmy
03-25-2007, 03:41 AM
You should all join my army because:

- I've been here for ages now and know this place as if it were a place on the internet I went and talked to friends on for ages now..
- I can type properly and use decent English (Lulz)
- This place would be like one big party with their resident Saint for a mod.
- Post editing would only happen when abb so lute lay necessary.
- Thread closage would damn near not happen at all (Unless it's complete and utter spam)
- I wear cam every Tuesday night. (And on weekends and through the holidays and stuff)
- Seriously, how cool would it be if I was a mod? I mean, think about it.
- It won't go to my head.
- Every Thursday is pizza night.
- I too have been involved in major RD events, Just ask the 'older' RD residents.
- Ninja Appreciation Thread. Nuff said.
- I'm active in other parts of LF, so I know what's going on elsewhere too.
- I LUVE YOU GUYZ!!!!!!!

Vote Me. We'll get baseball bats.

DarthAve
03-25-2007, 01:18 PM
I love you all so much and nobody supports me. FINE! I'll go learn tocatta anf fugue and play it on Ondine. OVER AND OVER AND OVER. DDDDDD:

Grey Master
03-25-2007, 02:57 PM
JIMMY, JIMMY , JIMMY!!!

(he promised me cookies)

Poopdogjr
03-25-2007, 03:08 PM
Why would you want to be a mod? That makes you THE MAN. Last time I checked, THE MAN is keeping us down. I want to get up. Not down. I want freedom. This is cake-town.

DarthAve
03-25-2007, 03:12 PM
I want to be a mod because I can offer more oppertunities for more freedom. I will listen to what members want me to do(AKA stop the stretching of a page) and not get in the way of somthing fun or shut down weirdly cool boards.

Grey Master
03-25-2007, 03:54 PM
If you delay the Armaggedon that will destroy RD, then I'll vote for you.

DarthAve
03-25-2007, 04:30 PM
I will delay it FOREVER.

Grey Master
03-25-2007, 06:19 PM
Any other candidates, we have:

Ave
Mayhem
Dav
Jimmy
Joe

DarthAve
03-25-2007, 06:33 PM
No, let's begin the debates.

Grey Master
03-25-2007, 06:40 PM
Ok, I'll ask the questions then:

1. What qualifies you to be a mod?
2. What would you do if elected as a mod?
3.Will you try to keep sanity away from RD?

More questions soon.

martmeister
03-25-2007, 07:02 PM
Okay, I'm throwing my support behind either Ave or Mahem. Yall are on here all the time, so why not?

DarthAve
03-25-2007, 07:02 PM

I have been a member of RD for 1 year & 6 months, longer than all the other candidates. Which means I probably know more about the RD politics than those who joined last summer. I also have been to other boards and have seen modding in action and know the ropes. I've been a mod on the Mashi Ankrekku forums for about a month, and have recieved serious praise for it. I feel that I know the RD well, and have gained a good reputation here.

If elected mod, I would make sure to be here a lot to see how it's goin. If there were problems, I'd recieve the input of other members to figure how to fix the problem. I would be the people's mod, listening to what they say and taking their request into consideration. I would also hole monthly meetings on how to improve the RD and make it the come to place in Lucasforums.

Not at all, let the people do what they want, as long as it's not desturbing others. I will let people be themselves and only take action when action is needed.

Emperor Devon
03-25-2007, 07:41 PM
I have been a member of RD for 1 year & 6 months, longer than all the other candidates. Which means I probably know more about the RD politics than those who joined last summer.

I would disagree. One can become quite knowledgeable about a subject regardless of the amount of time spent studying it. There is one person I know, for instance, who joined the forums in '05 and knows far more about them (and whom I respect far more) than someone who joined in '97. The time you spend at something guarantees nothing - but how well you make use of it does.

Grey Master
03-25-2007, 07:42 PM
Good answers Ave! (This election is going to be tough) :D

Now its the turn of the other candidates to answer the questions, then the public (a.k.a. all the other forumites that are not running for mod) will ask questions to the candidates. :)

@Devon: I think I know who you refer to, but Ave shows will and devotion, but she should cut out the drama, HAHAHAHA

turtlefreak
03-25-2007, 08:24 PM
I vote mayhem because she bought me lunch.
yeah
thats it
:D

Hallucination
03-25-2007, 08:28 PM
I'm here to announce my candidacy for modship of the forum. If I win the election, I'll raise literacy in this forum by 100% by deleting all posts that are not grammatically flawless, unless the mistakes were intentional as a joke or for effect.

I'll also stay relatively far away (what's the distance between here and Ahto in kilometres?) so these forums won't change very much.

And... um... I'll give everyone who votes for me a free monocle... um... with a stained glass lens! Any colour you want!

elTee
03-25-2007, 08:43 PM
I'll make a new mod test.

St. Jimmy
03-25-2007, 08:56 PM
My leadership positions IRL activities. I have rank in the AAC, a leadership position in the B.B, and various other trustworthy roles. I've been in this place for ages (Not as long as Ave, but long enough.) I've seen plenty of modding in action on the rest of Lucas Forums and on other boards outside of LF, therefore, I'm very familiar with how it's done. Plus, I'm an uncle, an older bother and soon acquiring my driver's liscence therefore, I know and show responsibility. Also, I'm packing..

Now that I'm freed up of other things, I would be here constantly monitoring what needs to be monitored. I would close pointless spammy threads, but only when they're utter crap. This place would be run completely democratically, You guys want it and it's reasonable? Done. You got it. Maybe introduce competitions, to give us all something to do while keeping the rivalry friendly. Hear what you guys have to say, If you think I should hear something, fire away. And don't be afraid to use my inbox, feel free to PM me. Also, I may even run recruiting drives in other forums to boost our population if that's what you guys want.. This place shall PArt ay!

This place is great how it is, I'll do my best to maintain it's current sanity levels. You guys will have free run of this place. Untill you brake some rules or something. But this town will rock out all over the place.

DarthAve
03-25-2007, 09:33 PM
I'll make a new mod test.
Yay, and let me be the first to congradulate you on almost hitting 2,000 post. YOU'RE ONLY 6 AWAY, YOU CAN DO IT HOMEDIZZLES.

Poopdogjr
03-25-2007, 11:28 PM
Okay, here are my questions. PLease write your answers on a plain white lined peice of paper. After this please take this piece of paper and put it in an envelope. Lick the envelope. It doesn't matter where. The envelope just wants to be loved. You may also make love to the envelope. Its not necessary, but it will travel faster as a result.

Please try not to give the envelope crabs. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. Then say the word envelope a couple of times. Sounds weird doesnt it? ENVELOPe. ENNNVEELOPPE> Serously say it out loud. We are watching you. And taped you making love to the envelope. But that will come up later. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOGUH. Take this envelope to your nearest Denny's Resturant. Locate the head cook. Kill him. Using the envelope as a weapon.

Be advised this is usually a tough one. Those suckers dont go down without a fight. But all of our mail must be first used to kill a head cook at a Denny's resturant. Regardless if it a memo, post it not, or regular mail. Lather yourself and the envelope in the cook's blood. Please remember to defecate upon his corpse before you flee. Take your bloody letter and body home. Wait exactly 14 minutes. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. Then dance a little. Nothing too fancy. Just alittle something to get me going. Yea. Yea... Thats good. Yea...... Ok stop. Now I dunno. Open up your CD drive on your computer. Close it. Now run outside naked. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. Did you remember your envelope? Good. Take this envelope to outer space. I'm not sure about how your going to do that last part. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. Then throw it into the sun. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. We'll get back to you within 3-8 weeks. KTHNXBUY.

You may have seen this elsewhere. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. But we all care for one another in here. We accept you. And we welcome you. If you steal our chips. We WILL come for you. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. Good Luck!

Question 1. Shut up.

Hallucination
03-25-2007, 11:32 PM
I believe that my avatar officially makes me King of RD, I'm expecting the PM shortly.

Miss_Mayhem
03-26-2007, 12:27 AM
1: I am a neutral party, am learned in RD lore as much as any other candidate, introduced new members here, am good in English, spell good, am generally polite but unafraid to stand my ground, started this thread in the first place, I started the comunity RPs, mod my forum on FF, love pink kitties & blue puppies, am awesome, have good taste, am generous and still lovably quirky and random.

2. I would be a diligent fighter of page stretching by saving the oversized pictures and resizing them on Photoshop so I could put them back onto the page in smaller form, prevent truly retarded people who write in l33tspeak and IM sntax from posting their pathetic stupidity on our shores, will take suggestions from members and come to a reasonable means of fulfilling their request considering it is physically and modacally possible and is of benefit to the community and even to just that sole person, lock very very very few threads, only when absolutely needed, edit as few posts as I may need, have RD run by populare sovereinty, thus threads will be locked or stickied only if I am given permission, will throw a radical party if I win, post up pictures of penguins, pandas and kittens, I will be open to questions and comments, and give everyone a dancing cow.

3. I will keep sanity away from our beloved heathen island by mainting my sanity at a dangerous low and ingesting a cup of cofee every 2 hours, I will enforce as little rule as possible and allow the forumers to do with our technicolor wonderland as they wish. They can get as random as they want. I will only take action if overly graphic content such as CP or Yiff burns our retinas, tho the current level of raunchy behavior is perfectly acceptible. I will promote randomness with passion.

Det. Bart Lasiter
03-26-2007, 01:43 AM
I vote there be a minimum age limit.

St. Jimmy
03-26-2007, 02:24 AM
@ Poopdog: That's some funny **** right there, that is.
@ Mayhem: OOhh! Don't you sound professional! Though through all that jargon you really didn't say that much more than Ave and me. (Lolz but I luv ya)
@ Jmac: Of course.

Halo_92
03-26-2007, 04:20 AM
You r all full of sh!t.

Ray Jones
03-26-2007, 06:19 AM
make mister 7142 mod already hands down

He's the annoying, arrogant yet entertaining yet thoughtful anti-personality needed to represent the status moderator for this place properly. Democracy is not what this place needs, it needs a leader and respect to the rules enforced by our future leader jmac.

Yeah, congrats jmac, you will have been promoted to mod soon. I'd do the job myself, but I'm stuck at the defecating on that darn corpse of a cook level.

martmeister
03-26-2007, 08:22 AM
But...but Jimmy's passing out weapons, er baseball bats! Poopdog must really hate Denny's.

Mayhem 2 -Page stretching is evil. I don't want to plug up an old monitor just to scroll over enough to post my disdain at page stretching!

Grey Master
03-26-2007, 09:00 AM
Well, this is interesting indeed, any quez fromthe public?

@MODS: Is there an age limit? 'cause some of the mods here at LF are kinda old. (no offense) :D

Ray Jones
03-26-2007, 10:11 AM
No, but there's a coolness limit, so like 90% of you all are out due to very un-coolness.

In are jmac, itchy, Ray and Parker Lewis. Given enough booze and/orand weed I might count also Sammyboy and Poopdork in.

elTee
03-26-2007, 04:15 PM
Right basically, due to my other commitments there is room for another mod here - you guys deserve a more active presence for the community. There are more mature ways to choose one, but this is pretty much how it is going to happen:

1. A time period will be set. This means if you've only been a member for two months, sorry, you're just too new.

2. Applications can be made, probably over a short set period of time - just like a job interview ;)

3. From the list of applicants, a shortlist will be selected. This is because, even if you've been here since the start, that doesn't necessarily mean we're going to trust you with any power :p

4. The shortlisted people will be presented to you in the form of a poll, and then votes can be made.

5. Bribery is not accepted - unless you have real money. Ho ho! Just joking. But seriously, PM me.

That's how it will work. I'm busy until wednesday, so don't expect any more news about this until at least then.

DarthAve
03-26-2007, 04:28 PM
DON'T LET THE PEOPLE VOTE! Than it'll just be a popularity contest. I suck at those!

Halo_92
03-26-2007, 04:41 PM
How do u apply?

Det. Bart Lasiter
03-26-2007, 04:49 PM
u dont

http://lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2288808&postcount=112

Halo_92
03-26-2007, 05:08 PM
f**k off jmac.

Det. Bart Lasiter
03-26-2007, 05:10 PM
u just got ****ted on hxc son wut nao

Samnmax221
03-26-2007, 05:18 PM
f**k off jmac.
It's awwwwwrighttt, he can borrow one of my forks. Stop stealing forks you goddamn gypsy!

martmeister
03-26-2007, 05:43 PM
You could just say "frak." Everyone who watches Battlestar Galactica knows what it means. Then again, so does "f***," or "f*ck," or even "****" for that matter.

Ray Jones
03-26-2007, 05:45 PM
u dont

http://lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2288808&postcount=112Isn't it great? :D

Det. Bart Lasiter
03-26-2007, 05:52 PM
Yeahhhhhhhhh boiiiiiii.

elTee
03-26-2007, 05:56 PM
How do u apply?
I'll sort that out on wednesday.

DON'T LET THE PEOPLE VOTE! Than it'll just be a popularity contest. I suck at those!
Well the vote won't have the final say anyway. I trust these guys even less than you do...

Det. Bart Lasiter
03-26-2007, 06:05 PM
lt make me mod i am trustworthy and whatever

DarthAve
03-26-2007, 06:30 PM
Well the vote won't have the final say anyway. I trust these guys even less than you do...
OH great! I remember going to the honors choir thing. There were 4 soloist and the kids got to choose. And because of that, the worst kid got a solo only because the preppy derks thought he was cute (Even though he was nerdtastic. I mean, he was uglier than Davinq!)

martmeister
03-26-2007, 06:39 PM
When a record company had pity on William Hung from American Idol and let him do an album, I thought that was BS. He sucked, that's why he didn't progress! I guess any idiot with no singing talent and a boo-hoo attitude can get 15mins.

DarthAve
03-26-2007, 06:43 PM
..Yeah I have talent, I mean i've only been playing Ondine for about 3 days and I've already masteredmy first song. Maybe I'm just awesome.

Davinq
03-26-2007, 06:45 PM
The time and effort my... competitors are putting into their campaigns is a bit ridiculous. They are putting so much effort into convincing you to vote for them, and what if that hard work carries through? What if they actually do their jobs as mods, and edit posts and close threads? Do you want such tyranny to occur here on the heathen island?

DO YOU!?

In a nutshell, vote for Davinq and someone else, so you can have a fun, honest mod, as well as another to satisfy the admins.

DarthAve
03-26-2007, 06:52 PM
QUIT STEALING MY JACKSONIAN VIEWS DAVINQ.

Samnmax221
03-26-2007, 07:21 PM
QUIT STEALING MY JACKSONIAN VIEWS DAVINQ.
Are we kicking out the Indians?

Det. Bart Lasiter
03-26-2007, 07:59 PM
Haha, when aren't we?

Samnmax221
03-26-2007, 08:26 PM
Haha, when aren't we?
When we're harrassing the Gypsies, as we should.

Miss_Mayhem
03-26-2007, 08:46 PM
You dont like Raz!? Gasp!

And why the hell would I do what is considered 'my job' by the standards set from modz uninitiated to our ways??? I'd be lax and carefree.

Samnmax221
03-26-2007, 08:49 PM
As soon as they stop trying to steal my Silverware I'll not dislike them anymore, besides Halo is a filthy Gypsy.

Davinq
03-26-2007, 08:50 PM
What I don't understand is why we are convincing our fellow forumites to support us being mods, when it should be our admins we should be discussing this with. [/cue Thrik]

Samnmax221
03-26-2007, 08:51 PM
You're a filthy Gypsy too.

Emperor Devon
03-26-2007, 08:55 PM
We all know racism goes against the most fundamental principles of Objectivism, Sam.

St. Jimmy
03-26-2007, 08:57 PM
Aren't we all? The answer is no. But sometimes it's hard to tell..

Samnmax221
We all know racism goes against the most fundamental principles of Objectivism, Sam.
Gypsy is an umbrella term, it doesn't just mean the Roma. Kind of like how unfunny doesn't just cover you, Davinq, and Halo.

St. Jimmy
Dammit ED.

Davinq
03-26-2007, 09:04 PM
Gypsy is an umbrella term, it doesn't just mean the Roma. Kind of like how unfunny doesn't just cover you, Davinq...
And it applies to you? I fail to see an occassion when any post of yours could have come close to being deemed humorous.

Emperor Devon
03-26-2007, 09:13 PM
And it applies to you? I fail to see an occassion when any post of yours could have come close to being deemed humorous.

He says he supports Objectivism. If you've read any of Ayn Rand's books that statement alone can give you a good chuckle.

Miss_Mayhem
03-26-2007, 09:14 PM
You just got owned, Sam ...

We'd need a neutral party to contact Thrik. Anyone running who tried would be deemed incredibly desperate.

St. Jimmy
03-26-2007, 09:14 PM
Once or twice. Give or take...

St. Jimmy
03-26-2007, 09:16 PM
Hmm,... It seems I'm slow at typing today.... Either that or having incredibly bad timing/luck

Samnmax221
03-26-2007, 09:24 PM
He says he supports Objectivism. If you've read any of Ayn Rand's books that statement alone can give you a good chuckle.
Learn the difference between racism and taboo breaking. Shouldn't you be following Jae around?
You just got owned, Sam ...
He reversed an insult, I'm not seeing funny there?

DarthAve
03-26-2007, 09:29 PM
Are we kicking out the Indians?
No, we're gonna leave that out. And the whole Depression of 1836 thing he caused for Van Buren.

Hallucination
03-26-2007, 10:56 PM
We'd need a neutral party to contact Thrik. Anyone running who tried would be deemed incredibly desperate.
elTee said he will come up with a way to apply and share it with us on Wednesday, therefore I believe we should wait until then.

Also, I noticed in your list of traits you claim to possess, and you said you are 'good in English', a statement you contradicted in you next trait ('spell good'), because 'spell' is a verb, and should therefore be modified by an adverb and not an adjective. The correct thing would have been saying that you spell well.

Smon
03-26-2007, 11:14 PM
elTee said he will come up with a way to apply and share it with us on Wednesday, therefore I believe we should wait until then.

Also, I noticed in your list of traits you claim to possess, and you said you are 'good in English', a statement you contradicted in you next trait ('spell good'), because 'spell' is a verb, and should therefore be modified by an adverb and not an adjective. The correct thing would have been saying that you spell well.
Check and mate. Lost my vote.

Davinq
03-26-2007, 11:23 PM

Ouch. Tell me Mayhem, how do you believe this grammar scandal will effect your campaign?

Det. Bart Lasiter
03-26-2007, 11:25 PM
http://i12.tinypic.com/4g540w0.jpg

imma make a smilie out of this one or the other one.

Samnmax221
03-26-2007, 11:32 PM
How to slash wrists and create look like unintentional?

Poopdogjr
03-26-2007, 11:35 PM
God I love you guys. This whole thread has been amazing. I think the way they are going to go about it now sounds pretty reasonable. Better then just one person complaining and randomly getting status. I would also like to see more ad campaigns and smearing going on out there guys. C'mon earn our votes. Make this an event to behold.

P.S. But call me poopdork again and I will slit your mama's throat. k!?

P.P.S. NEVER POST YOUR PICTURE IN AN OPEN FORUM. I CANNOT STRESS THAT ENOUGH.

Det. Bart Lasiter
03-26-2007, 11:41 PM
http://i11.tinypic.com/34qpcag.gif

Davinq
03-26-2007, 11:43 PM
P.P.S. NEVER POST YOUR PICTURE IN AN OPEN FORUM. I CANNOT STRESS THAT ENOUGH.

OOPS. A BIT LATE FOR THAT, ISN'T IT!

Seriously, I thought I had uploaded the one with the smaller size. >_>

And you say you want more campaign brilliance? Alright, it's on.

Vote for Davinq. The following reasons are why:

- He's a nice, reasonable person, and tries, really tries not to get involved in flame wars and the like.

- He's grammatically correct 92% of the time, therefore making it difficult for Hall to tear apart his posts.

- He frequently visits LFRD. No more AWOL mods!

- He's not a sore loser. Winning may go to his head, but only in a politically correct way.

- If you vote for him, he'll stop referring to himself in third person, like he is right now!

- He is of mod material.

- It is his destiny!

You all know who to vote for now, don't you? And remember, you have two votes: one for Davinq, the other for someone else!

Samnmax221
03-26-2007, 11:44 PM
:barf:http://i11.tinypic.com/34qpcag.gif

Poopdogjr
03-26-2007, 11:51 PM
Begun these smear wars have.

elTee
03-26-2007, 11:55 PM
I'm in constant communication with old Thrik, don't worry. He's the person who has the power to tick that 'mod?' checkbox that's next to all of your names.

The chances of him coming back in here and getting his hands dirty is pretty slim though - he started a new job a while back and it's monopolised his time since then. Also, with his new money, he's been free to have real fun (ie. not internet fun.)

Hey, that's the cycle of mod/admin life. You work your way up from the bottom, and by the time you're trustworthy enough to take on some responsibility you have to start dealing with things like deadlines and parole hearings, and you end up being dragged away for months at a time. When you come back everyone has either left (with residual weirdos like Ray hanging on for some reason) or the place has filled up with newbies and you're out of the loop.

This is when you start doing 'who wants to be a mod?' competitions.

But I mean, it's worth it. Whoever gets the job will probably be invited to the MixnMojo Christmas Party at Jake's house by like 2009. Amazing times.

martmeister
03-27-2007, 12:10 AM
What a shame this thread couldn't coincide with next year's Presidential race.

Poopdogjr
03-27-2007, 12:13 AM
A great idea. We should postpone the new modship until then.

Davinq
03-27-2007, 12:17 AM
What a shame this thread couldn't coincide with next year's Presidential race.
That would be worse. Eventually someone like milo would force everyone to align their camaign with that of the Presidential Candidate they are voting for, and in the end we would be even more divided over what side we are in anything, and RD would dissolve into political chaos.

Hate to burst your bubble marty, I really do.

Samuel Dravis
03-27-2007, 12:23 AM
A great idea. We should postpone the new modship until then.I don't get it. How is this post random text from poopdog?

Det. Bart Lasiter
03-27-2007, 12:28 AM
http://i3.tinypic.com/34rt00g.gif

Samnmax221
03-27-2007, 12:30 AM
That would be worse. Eventually someone like milo would force everyone to align their camaign with that of the Presidential Candidate they are voting for, and in the end we would be even more divided over what side we are in anything, and RD would dissolve into political chaos.
http://i11.tinypic.com/29vi5xj.gif
Eh???

Miss_Mayhem
03-27-2007, 12:33 AM
I was wrong Sam, and I'm not afraid to admit it. You ARE a very funny man. Kudos mate, we'll keep that running weeks from now!

@ Dav: how does blindly posting your image and thus losing quite a bit of your dignity in the process affect YOUR candidacy???

Haha, we're all jerks now.

:cowdance: :cowdance: :cowdance:

St. Jimmy
03-27-2007, 12:34 AM
LOL. See how long he shows self restraint for....

Emperor Devon
03-27-2007, 12:38 AM
Shouldn't you be following jmac around?

Fixed.

Samnmax221
03-27-2007, 12:40 AM
The difference being your lack of funny.

St. Jimmy
03-27-2007, 12:40 AM
You'd like that wouldn't you?

St. Jimmy
03-27-2007, 12:41 AM
dammit too slow.

Samnmax221
03-27-2007, 12:42 AM
dammit too slow.
Yes you are.

St. Jimmy
03-27-2007, 12:43 AM
Now HOW did you manage to spot that loophole in what I said. Sheer genius!

Miss_Mayhem
03-27-2007, 12:47 AM
He is high on weed or some other sh:t, maex hem moor smurrtar.

St. Jimmy
03-27-2007, 12:48 AM
I wouldn't put it past him..

Det. Bart Lasiter
03-27-2007, 01:20 AM
davin breathes fire on babies in their sleep

http://i11.tinypic.com/2h3cvw9.jpg

Det. Bart Lasiter
03-27-2007, 01:43 AM
balloon wallpaper get em while they're hot

http://i11.tinypic.com/4hrryhi.jpg

Samnmax221
03-27-2007, 01:47 AM
They're black they're brown they're up their down
They're in they're out they're all about
They're far they're near they're gone they're here
They're quick and slick and insincere
Beware Beware Be a very wary bear

A Heffalump or Woozle is very confusel
The Heffalump or woosel is very sly
- sly - sly - sly
They come in ones and twoosels
but if they so choosels
before your eyes you'll see them multiply
- ply - ply - ply

They're extra-ordinary so better be wary
Because they come in every shape and size
- size - size - size

If honey is what you covet you'll find that they love it
Because they guzzle up the thing you prize

They're green they're blue they're pink they're white
They're round they're square they're a terrible sight
They tie themselves in horrible knots
They come in stripes or polka-dots

Beware Beware Be a very wary bear

They're extra-ordinary so better be wary
Because they come in every shape and size
- size - size - size

If honey's what you covet you'll find that they love it
Because they guzzle up the things you prize

They're black they're brown they're up their down
They're in they're out they're all about
They're far they're near they're gone they're here
They're quick and slick and insincere
Beware Beware Beware Beware Beware ....

Ray Jones
03-27-2007, 04:21 AM
[sic] call me poopdork again [sic] k!?

[2007-03-27 07:47:06] Rayston entered 'the coolness list'

[2007-03-27 08:50:32] Poopdork entered 'the coolness list'

[2007-03-27 08:50:47] Rayston - "you know what PD I totally hacked my IM so itll show Poopdork as you name for like ever and added oza hacks too, I think Imma gona pee myself now coz I rul so much"

[2007-03-27 08:51:23] Poopdork changed status to 'spooty doofus'

[2007-03-27 08:51:25] Poopdork has left 'the coolness list'

[2007-03-27 08:51:41] Rayston changed topic to 'poopy loopy dorky porky lorky poopydork has 1337 |/|/ ]-[ i /\/ i /\/ (6 5kyl2ur2 ftw'

[2007-03-27 08:51:51] Rayston changed status to 'peeing self cuz he rul so much'

[2007-03-27 09:42:10] Thrik entered 'poopy loopy dorky porky lorky poopydork has 1337 |/|/ ]-[ i /\/ i /\/ (6 5kyl2ur2 ftw'

[2007-03-27 09:42:12] Niner entered 'poopy loopy dorky porky lorky poopydork has 1337 |/|/ ]-[ i /\/ i /\/ (6 5kyl2ur2 ftw'

[2007-03-27 09:42:14] Rhett entered 'poopy loopy dorky porky lorky poopydork has 1337 |/|/ ]-[ i /\/ i /\/ (6 5kyl2ur2 ftw'

[2007-03-27 09:42:15] Phreak entered 'poopy loopy dorky porky lorky poopydork has 1337 |/|/ ]-[ i /\/ i /\/ (6 5kyl2ur2 ftw'

[2007-03-27 09:42:16] Ike entered 'poopy loopy dorky porky lorky poopydork has 1337 |/|/ ]-[ i /\/ i /\/ (6 5kyl2ur2 ftw'

[2007-03-27 09:42:16] Jake entered 'poopy loopy dorky porky lorky poopydork has 1337 |/|/ ]-[ i /\/ i /\/ (6 5kyl2ur2 ftw'

[2007-03-27 09:42:16] Matt entered 'poopy loopy dorky porky lorky poopydork has 1337 |/|/ ]-[ i /\/ i /\/ (6 5kyl2ur2 ftw'

[2007-03-27 09:42:17] Metallus entered 'poopy loopy dorky porky lorky poopydork has 1337 |/|/ ]-[ i /\/ i /\/ (6 5kyl2ur2 ftw'

[2007-03-27 09:42:19] Remi entered 'poopy loopy dorky porky lorky poopydork has 1337 |/|/ ]-[ i /\/ i /\/ (6 5kyl2ur2 ftw'

[2007-03-27 09:42:25] Groovster entered 'poopy loopy dorky porky lorky poopydork has 1337 |/|/ ]-[ i /\/ i /\/ (6 5kyl2ur2 ftw'

[2007-03-27 09:42:29] Phreak changed topic to 'canusaykicksumbuttray'

[2007-03-27 09:42:31] arkward_silence entered 'canusaykicksumbuttray'

[2007-03-27 09:42:37] Thrik deleted Rayston from the intarweb

martmeister
03-27-2007, 07:51 AM
Eventually someone like milo would force everyone to align their camaign with that of the Presidential Candidate they are voting for, and in the end we would be even more divided over what side we are in anything, and RD would dissolve into political chaos.

Good point, Dav...even though you burn up babies, have a Hitler 'stache, and float headless. :D

Ray Jones
03-27-2007, 09:44 AM
(with residual weirdos like Ray hanging on for some reason)
I just don't know exactly how to log out, and you?

Jae Onasi
03-27-2007, 10:39 AM
:lol:
jmac has photoshop skillz....

Ray Jones
03-27-2007, 01:14 PM
Skillz and just as important, *ideas* on how to use them in a way to spread evil and fear amongst the shelter-less.

So, Jae, let's talk about why you got mod powers in the first place, m'kay.

I'd say, this involves a whip, lots of money, a colt, Jimbo, cowboy boots, and an admin's natural fear of spanking. Brutal spanking from a Jimbo who is afraid his wife might never ever show up in cowboy boots, wearing a colt and a whip, again. The lots of money is what I paid to your kids, so they will be nice, go to bed early and such, so as a result you and Jim have enough "mami and papi time" at hand to play games like "I wear a colt, a whip and cowboy boots boy, so watcha gonna do now?"

:max:

Halo_92
03-27-2007, 01:39 PM
I'm voting for jmac now.

Thrik
03-27-2007, 03:05 PM
Although I do keep an eye on this place contrary to what Tones forgivably assumed (I'm a web designer and so sit in front of a computer all day), I do indeed think another mod or two is needed to ensure the odd psychopath wandering in from Google or something doesn't annihilate everybody and everything they stand for, not to mention miscellaneous moddy activities. http://serve.ryanjohnwilliams.com/images/heart.gif

The posts of this thread are being noted and I'll get in touch with whoever's destined to wear a Status: Moderator badge in the next day or few.

Also Tones, since I haven't got MSN set up on this computer and you're never on IRC and it's not urgent: Find Huz and get him back into his regular IRC habits! :( His absence casts a heart-crushing shadow across my metaphorical chest.

KingCheez
03-27-2007, 03:49 PM
I could probably be a mod I used to admin quite a few sites back in my day people always were just like "hey there's that guy"

Vote for KingCheez: He's That Guy

DarthAve
03-27-2007, 04:29 PM
Kar, I'll support you because you have new wave Bob Dylan hair. Cept it's not an afro. D:

Det. Bart Lasiter
03-27-2007, 04:34 PM
I didn't know Bob Dylan had Sharpied-pink hair.

Ray Jones
03-27-2007, 04:44 PM
I think KingCheez is the only one in here who has less chances to become mod than Ray Jones.

With that given, we can prove the existence of something that lacked of description and logical explanation until now! To give it a name, I'll coin a new term: sub-nothing.

Grey Master
03-27-2007, 04:50 PM
So.....when are the elections again?

martmeister
03-27-2007, 05:13 PM
Okay, Ave and Davinq, your turn at the smear campaigns. Let's see/hear some writing, Photoshop, singing, etc skilz! <--whatever the "etc" is.

Grey Master
03-27-2007, 05:15 PM
THIS IS NOT AMERICAN IDOL, IF IT IS, THEN I'LL BE SIMON!!!

martmeister
03-27-2007, 05:37 PM
^^^What are you candidates waiting for? Sling some mud! Or let's see some campaign buttons.

St. Jimmy
03-27-2007, 06:12 PM
I still have to make a seal of approval. I'll get back to you guys on that. Trust me, it --is-- in the making... Just wait, this seal'll blow your mind.

Jae Onasi
03-27-2007, 06:44 PM
Skillz and just as important, *ideas* on how to use them in a way to spread evil and fear amongst the shelter-less.

So, Jae, let's talk about why you got mod powers in the first place, m'kay.

I'd say, this involves a whip, lots of money, a colt, Jimbo, cowboy boots, and an admin's natural fear of spanking. Brutal spanking from a Jimbo who is afraid his wife might never ever show up in cowboy boots, wearing a colt and a whip, again. The lots of money is what I paid to your kids, so they will be nice, go to bed early and such, so as a result you and Jim have enough "mami and papi time" at hand to play games like "I wear a colt, a whip and cowboy boots boy, so watcha gonna do now?"

:max:

To make him put on the socks while I go find the nurse's cap and experience the Castle Anthrax treatment.

KingCheez
03-27-2007, 06:45 PM
I think KingCheez is the only one in here who has less chances to become mod than Ray Jones.

With that given, we can prove the existence of something that lacked of description and logical explanation until now! To give it a name, I'll coin a new term: sub-nothing.

i regret to tell you you aren't actually clever or funny

my dearest apologies

Poopdogjr
03-27-2007, 06:56 PM
My mind has been boggled. I have no idea what any of that meant. But ok.

I would like to nominate JMAC for the Noble Peace Prize for his wonderous work on Daving photomanipulations. He truley has made this world a better place. These pictures should be our new mascot here on the forums. If not the planet itself. Imagine aliens seeing that as our flag. They we immediately know we are badass and not attack us. Also they will give us alien space babies.

Finally, it is good to see Cheez back again. I thought you were gone for good brother. Welcome back to the land of magic and honey-biscuits.

DarthAve
03-27-2007, 07:03 PM
I made my buttons!

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/3228/olwielt9.png

Hallucination
03-27-2007, 07:31 PM
Is there only one terrorist? :confused:
May the person best for the moderator position win it. :cheers:

Samnmax221
03-27-2007, 08:12 PM
http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/3228/olwielt9.png
You suck at MSPaint.

DarthAve
03-27-2007, 08:59 PM
You suck at MSPaint.
I do. I wish we could get photoshop or somthing, but it'd crash my hunk-a-junk computer. Damn vintage windows. Even the Microsoft Word is broken.

Miss_Mayhem
03-27-2007, 09:05 PM
A clash of the talents then? Well then, here's my dA:http://malevolent-mayhem.deviantart.com/. Everything up there is a painting.

Davinq
03-27-2007, 09:37 PM
I do. I wish we could get photoshop or somthing, but it'd crash my hunk-a-junk computer. Damn vintage windows. Even the Microsoft Word is broken.
Ah, another photoshop-deprived child! I feel for you Ave.

DarthAve
03-27-2007, 09:52 PM
Ah, another photoshop-deprived child! I feel for you Ave.
It sucks. I could put it on my grandma's computer, but she'd freak and be all "TAKE THAT OFF NOW I'LL GET A VIRUS. PHOTOSHOP ISN'T SAFE." She won't even let me leave her house without putting the parental control on the iTunes Store. And all my podcast are blocked. because of somthing she heard on the radio half a year ago. DDDDD:

Miss_Mayhem
03-27-2007, 11:00 PM
Ohh! Reminds me: I got Photoshop 7 days ago! S'nice :D

St. Jimmy
03-28-2007, 12:07 AM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u46/Al_Sobrante/baby20elephant20seal1.jpgI deliver.

JoeDoe 2.0
03-28-2007, 10:05 AM
Due to lack of cookie funds, I must leave the run for mod, nobody would have voted for me anyway.

Davinq
03-28-2007, 08:21 PM
It sucks. I could put it on my grandma's computer, but she'd freak and be all "TAKE THAT OFF NOW I'LL GET A VIRUS. PHOTOSHOP ISN'T SAFE." She won't even let me leave her house without putting the parental control on the iTunes Store. And all my podcast are blocked. because of somthing she heard on the radio half a year ago. DDDDD:
Grandmother? 0.o

Due to lack of cookie funds, I must leave the run for mod, nobody would have voted for me anyway.

Yay. And remember Joe, it's not about the votes, it's about who would do the job right.

Although the votes help. ;)

DarthAve
03-28-2007, 09:23 PM
Yes Davinq. I have a grandma. She's pretty fly, and she likes The Aquabats!

Davinq
03-29-2007, 12:34 AM
Orly? Mine're dead. So there.

KingCheez
03-29-2007, 05:35 AM
I'M GOING TO GET ENTIRELY OVER-EXCITED ABOUT THIS MODERATOR ELECTION WHICH MIGHT NOT EVEN BE HAPPENING.

VOTE CHEEZ VOTE CHEEZ VOTE CHEEZ VOTE CHEEZ VOTE CHEEZ VOTE CHEEZ VOTE CHEEZ FHGAIWFHAGW

Ray Jones
03-29-2007, 08:12 AM
So what's your point?

KingCheez
03-29-2007, 10:32 PM
I'm following the in-crowd

Miss_Mayhem
03-29-2007, 11:41 PM
Peer Pressure. You're supposed to give in ;D

Poopdogjr
03-30-2007, 12:36 AM
We should elect an inanimate object for mod. My vote is now going for SLIPPER. Slipper will keep your feet warm and comfortable. He will do the same with these forums. He's not a flip-flopper. (pun) A vote for slipper is a vote for you.

Davinq
03-30-2007, 08:42 PM
This 'election' is still going? There are bigger and better things to move on to in life Thrik, so hurry up!

TechnoTabby
03-30-2007, 08:48 PM
My vote goes to Mayhem!!

Davinq
03-30-2007, 09:11 PM
You can vote for two people you know.

I'm liking the frequent use of spoiler tags all of a sudden.
The other person you vote for is going to be me. :)

DarthAve
03-30-2007, 10:44 PM
I have now found my party platform.

I am a Southern Republican. I'm antislavery, but I have a confederate army hat. xD

turtlefreak
03-30-2007, 10:47 PM
i vote mayhem

Halo_92
03-31-2007, 11:15 AM
*Yawn* Hey guys I've been gone for 4 days with the flu. And I still have it.
Im back now.

elTee
03-31-2007, 11:22 AM
You guys should stop going on about this - the mods have basically been chosen :p

DarthAve
03-31-2007, 11:25 AM
Yeah, we really should. Who got chosen anyway?

Hallucination
03-31-2007, 01:34 PM
I assume by 'basically' he means that they have a pretty good idea of who it will be, but haven't made a final decision yet. I imagine we'll know who it is when someone posts and he has an extra line of text under his avatar.

Det. Bart Lasiter
03-31-2007, 01:48 PM
You guys should stop going on about this - the mods have basically been chosen :p
omg 2k lt posts

Miss_Mayhem
03-31-2007, 03:26 PM
Why are your avatars so ... cute, Jmac? I simply must ask.

martmeister
03-31-2007, 03:40 PM
Hallucination, your avatar reminds me of Valve's logo (http://www.valvesoftware.com/about.html)

Hallucination
03-31-2007, 07:44 PM
There's a bit of a resemblance, but Valve's weird-eye guy's face has a leaner profile than Franz Ferdinand's. And he lacks a pink monocle.

Poopdogjr
03-31-2007, 09:10 PM
What abour Steven Seagal?

martmeister
04-01-2007, 12:23 AM
Soooooooooooooooo, who's still running for mod?

Grey Master
04-01-2007, 12:38 AM
I think somebody said that the two mods had already been elected, but the candidates are:
Ave
Mayhem
St. Jimmy
Dav

Halo_92
04-01-2007, 02:06 AM
I guess i could be a good mod. Im pretty flexible and I can always be here.

Although, It's usually the people who brag about how good of a mod they could be are the ones who don't get picked.

Samuel Dravis
04-01-2007, 02:40 AM
Yes. It's almost like REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY.

I think there's probably quite a lot of REVERSE- words that would be cool to experience in person. Anyone know of some good ones?

Samnmax221
04-01-2007, 02:50 AM
Yes. It's almost like REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY.

I think there's probably quite a lot of REVERSE- words that would be cool to experience in person. Anyone know of some good ones?
Dead babies.

St. Jimmy
04-01-2007, 04:49 AM
Why are your avatars so ... cute, Jmac? I simply must ask.
He likes to keep it secret from us, but jmac is in fact, quite a cute little person.

Ray Jones
04-01-2007, 06:52 AM
the mods have basically been chosenI knew it! Congrats jmac!!!!

turtlefreak
04-01-2007, 11:18 AM
He likes to keep it secret from us, but jmac is in fact, quite a cute little person.
Mayhem and I have a theory
That jmac is a 40-year old Man
Who hits on the poor little Japanese girls
In the Bus station.
jmac
You can either confirm or deny that...

Det. Bart Lasiter
04-01-2007, 03:49 PM
that i am

Mayhem and I have a theory
That jmac is a 40-year old Man
Who hits on the poor little Japanese girls
In the Bus station.
jmac
You can either confirm or deny that...
all there are at the bus stop are fugly old haitian cleaning women ugh ****ing haitians

turtlefreak
04-01-2007, 03:52 PM
Or so u would have us belive...

Grey Master
04-01-2007, 04:00 PM
He's a stalker

Miss_Mayhem
04-01-2007, 04:47 PM
Well dur!

*squee!* Thrik sent me a message, and of course I graciously accepted the offer. He said that there are two positions he intends to fill, so one more person will be picked.

Grey Master
04-01-2007, 04:50 PM
Go Mayhem!!!! :D :D :D (hope the other mod is Jimmy)

Miss_Mayhem
04-01-2007, 04:51 PM
*because the edit button is soo far away*

Here's the message:

Hi Mayhem,

As you're probably aware RD is in need of some new moderators as the previous ones are nearing the point of being totally AWOL, which isn't really much good!

Since other RD denizens wuv you and you're unlikely to explode in my face, I'd like to offer you one of two mod slots on the forums (I've sent this offer to someone else too). If you're up for it I'll set it up at some point tomorrow.

The only real requirements of the position read as follows in this boring list:

1. Try to keep mod powers out of the way as much as possible so people don't feel they can't have fun

2. Be sure to act if people starting getting a little too personal or otherwise begin to do things that're detrimental to the forum

3. Try to encourage discussion by posting in threads and starting new ones

4. Avoid deleting posts unless they've been posted by spam bots or something; if someone starts being a real ass then warn them about it (I tend to do this via PM), and if they carry on consider seeking a ban from me or any other admin -- the thread can of course be closed if it's become a hell hole, which may stop the troubles

As long as you don't start using the powers for the sake of making people feel small (I'm sure you wouldn't, but others have in the past) and generally keep a level head (eg: don't close people's topics because your real-life friend said so) then I think you'd be a great person to take on the job.

Be sure to let me know what you think!

As you can see, one more person will be selected.

Grey Master
04-01-2007, 04:54 PM
*begins drumroll*

DarthAve
04-01-2007, 06:02 PM
As you can see, one more person will be selected.
~grabs Mayhem's hands~ WE'RE GONNA BE MODS, WE'RE GONNA BE MODS!

Miss_Mayhem
04-01-2007, 06:42 PM
O-em-friggin-gee!

gimme a hi-5!

DarthAve
04-01-2007, 06:45 PM
~high 5's~

LET'S CELEBRATE WITH GERMAN G-MEN! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO2SjDG2Kj4)

Miss_Mayhem
04-01-2007, 07:08 PM
I said I'd throw a party if I became mod, did I not? Let's cohost a party then! Complete with shmexy dancing cows :cowdance: <--shmexy

DarthAve
04-01-2007, 07:44 PM
DANCING COWS AND NON ALCOHOLIC DAQUIRIS FOR EVERYONE!

Halo_92
04-01-2007, 07:51 PM
Congrats mayhem.

Hallucination
04-01-2007, 09:28 PM
Congraturations Baroness von Mayhemenstein!