PDA

View Full Version : (empty) message

Totenkopf
08-30-2006, 05:54 AM
Granted it's a small thing, but I liked how in TSL if you looted a body or locker (etc...) it had an (empty) sign if you ran across it. Could anyone do that for KOTOR? It's a little annoying to get caught up in the game and then forget if you looted the body/etc.. in question.

ABCoLD
08-31-2006, 01:41 AM
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this was a hardcode change, not anything we can tinker with.

Darkkender
08-31-2006, 12:13 PM
Actually this is a form of Dialog to my knowledge. You set a conditional script in the placeable's OnDisturbed area then when you highlight over the placeable the new dialog should say empty. I could have some of the minor aspects slightly incorrect in describing it.

Now onto a more accurate answer as to why this wouldn't happen for K1. The reason is because to do as I described above for every placeable would be way to tedious and tiresome for a very small return. It would entail unpacking and repacking every module in the game and changing 100's of placeable files if not towards 1000 or more.

omegablaster
08-31-2006, 02:38 PM
Meaning it would be impossible to do right? Drats, I liked Totenkopf's idea, that would have been really nice.