PDA

View Full Version : Dopak as PC without goatee?

Krimsyn Kane
09-02-2006, 02:04 PM
Is it possible to remove the little goatee from Dopak?
http://www.pcgamemods.com/core/14028/screenshots/b1.jpg

goldberry
09-02-2006, 07:10 PM
You should ask T7 himself if you are going to be editing his mod. After all, he skinned it himself.

Kainzorus Prime
09-02-2006, 07:12 PM
It could be done by simply applying alpha channel on this part of model (but I can be wrong here, so dont quote me on that.).

Krimsyn Kane
09-02-2006, 07:17 PM
I have sent a message to T7 but thanks for the heads up and yes I thought about the whole alpha channel thing but I'm not really clear on how it works.

MdKnightR
09-05-2006, 01:53 AM
If the goatee bothers you as much as it did me with that full beard look, you should try my Exile as Zez-Kai Ell's Nephew (Remodeled Dopak Booster Pack) with that mod. It gives him a handlebar moustache to go with the goatee and it lessens how much it appears to stand out.

Mav
09-05-2006, 02:41 AM
It could be done by simply applying alpha channel on this part of model (but I can be wrong here, so dont quote me on that.).You were just beggin to be quoted :p, and I believe you are wrong, because if you just alpha channel over it you'll end up with a see-through hole in Dopak's chin.

However, you can get rid of the billy goat goatee look by changing the model, moving some verts, similar to what I did with one of the asian heads, I think it was number 5, the bald one with the protruding goatee :p

Krimsyn Kane
09-05-2006, 07:19 AM
I've never modeled before but I'm going to give it a try. I'm getting myself a copy of 3d studio max 8, thatís a program that will work right? Then I can export the model with KotOR tool and give this "moving some verts" thing a try? I'll have to read the tutorials. If anyone has got any pointers I'd love some advice.

Mav
09-05-2006, 02:20 PM
yea studio max 8 should work, you'll also need MDLops and Taina's Replacer Tool and the replacer tool comes with a readme that has instructions